Vestd

Vestd is an FCA regulated platform that enables users to grow their business by distributing their equity. Vestd enables users to set up a share scheme easily, quickly and affordably.

Work for Vestd?

Learning about Vestd?

Vestd Reviews

Ask Vestd a Question
Showing 7 Vestd reviews
Vestd review by <span>Ritam G.</span>
Ritam G.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Vestd doesn't just help you get started, what I really like is how the team has addresses the real challenge of ongoing management of EMI options. For our team, the individual employees are able to view what options they have been awarded by visiting their portal at any time.

What do you dislike?

Even though Vestd make it as simple as possible, setting up a share scheme is still a complicated process to get your head around!

The problem we were trying to solve for when we found Vestd was that the process of giving or receiving shares in a private limited company was extremely cumbersome, expensive and confusing. The "paper based" process that exists today is archaic and is a hindrance for innovative companies operating in the startup ecosystem, when it comes to sharing some of the potential upside with employees and other partners that work with them through their journey.

My experience with Vestd has been really fantastic. They have an amazing digital experience but have also added great "human" customer service to guide you through the process.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vestd
Vestd review by <span>Hubert B.</span>
Hubert B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The combination of smart online tools and outstanding personal support. This platform makes something which is relatively simple come to back to being simple after the legal profession has overcomplicated matters at no benefit to a company founder.

What do you dislike?

There are no items which I have identified which can be described as ones which I dislike. This is a new platform so there are naturally areas where there is development work that is still taking place but this is too be expected and appreciated as it is clear Vestd wants to become as exhaustive a tool as possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vestd is the right solution for any company founder wanting to create an effective equity / shareholding structure in their company. From my side it was so unnatural for an online platform to encroach on an area traditionally reserved for pricy lawyers. As it turns this is very natural. If in doubt simply contact the team at Vestd - they are much more than an online platform. They are a group of people committed to make this usually unnecessarily uncomfortable area of company administration what it should be - easy, safe and transparent.

I am organising our shareholding structure with Vestd. Vestd has allowed for this to happen quickly, transparently and at fantastic value for money compared to traditional legal support provided by law firms in this area.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Other Finance & Admin. solution do you use?

Vestd review by <span>Gail S.</span>
Gail S.

Fantastic platform for Founders

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The Vestd Team is incredibly helpful and responsive and there is always someone willing to assist - no matter what time of day! I also love that I'm part of the growing Vestd community with like minded Founders who can relate to my journey as an entrepreneur.

What do you dislike?

This is an evolving platform and very user friendly. I can't point to any negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the go-to online platform for Founders & CEOs who have zero time to learn and execute the intricacies of tax and equity distribution law.

Vestd takes care of equity distribution for my business. It takes away the expensive, complicated and time consuming elements of share structuring and equity distribution with simple clicks of buttons. Vestd is FCA regulated which gives me complete peace of mind thus allowing me to focus on developing and running my business!

Vestd review by <span>Tom N.</span>
Tom N.
Validated Review

Taking the pain out of equity distribution

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Vestd have done all the tedious groundwork to give a startup everything it needs to distribute equity using a simple online platform. It's a single place where everything relating to equity in the company is stored. So if a future investor wants to know exactly what our set-up is, we have everything neatly filed and accessible online. The added bonus is that everything is digital so no risk of me losing an important piece of paper.

What do you dislike?

It can be a hassle to get a valuation as an early stage company, which you need to have on Vestd, but the team were great at helping me figure out what needed to be done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Drop the team a line to get them to explain everything to you. They can give you some pointers about your specific situation.

The problem is that paying people with equity is fiddly to do. Your company needs to adopt the right Articles of Association to support bringing new shareholders onboard. You need to nail down classes of shares and do legal work on shareholder agreements to attach conditions to the shares. There are tax implications to consider. All of that takes time and has its own costs which a bootstrapping startup cannot afford.

Vestd takes the headache and cost out of allocating equity stakes to anyone helping a company get going.

Vestd review by <span>Tracey B.</span>
Tracey B.
Validated Review

Vestd have helped us prep for investors

Validated Review
What do you like best?

When I set up the business I didn't seek advice - I just did it. Which meant that I didn't set it up in the best way in terms of the business growing and moving forward. I felt immediately reassured that the Vestd experts could help us restructure things in a fair and efficient way, with an eye on the future.

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing at all I have disliked! Ifty and his team couldn't be more supportive and helpful.

Our share structure was in a bit of a mess and needed updating so that we were ready for investment and had a clear plan going forward. With the help of Vestd we have achieved this and feel confident about the future growth and structure of the business - we now know how things will look up to year 5.

Vestd review by <span>Leon I.</span>
Leon I.
Validated Review

Using equity to demonstrate commitment.

Validated Review
What do you like best?

For most early stage startups, finding and paying for talent at time when the business is not cash rich, can be difficult. Vestd has quickened and cheapened our recruitment efforts, by enabling us to subsidize our teams salary with equity.

What do you dislike?

It's still a really complicated topic but the Vestd team are great at helping figure out the right steps.

For me, Vestd helped validate the strength of our proposition and illustrate to investors, our teams commitment to our vision. As we approach our next round of funding, we intend to use Vestd as means of illustrating the composition of our business (i.e shareholders) quickly and visually.

Learning about Vestd?

* We monitor all Vestd reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.