Viber

Free calls, text and picture sharing with anyone, anywhere!

Work for Viber?

Learning about Viber?

Viber Reviews

Showing 50 Viber reviews
Viber review by <span>Liz W.</span>
Liz W.

Viber for Free Communication

What do you like best?

I have friends and family living all over the world; Viber is one of the communication tools I utilize to be able to talk to and text them for free. There are no monthly fees, I don't need to create a username, and voice/text is unlimited as long as the other person is also using Viber.

What do you dislike?

I have three complaints about Viber. First, Viber calls lack quality compared to other similar apps (Facetime, Skype, etc). I find that calls drop easily, and more often, the person on the other end sounds distorted to the point that I have to hang up and try again. Second, I find the app for both phone and desktop to be slightly difficult to navigate. It just lacks some intuitiveness that other communication apps have. Third, Viber is becoming less popular than it used to be, which is problematic considering the fact that free communication happens only with other people that are using Viber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is one of many tools available for free communication with other Viber users. While it does the job, it doesn't do it as well as other apps. Call quality is lacking and the interface is somewhat confusing to navigate. I do keep it on my phone for those friends/family that solely use Vber, but it is not the only app I use for these purposes. I also use Whatsapp, Facetime and Skype to make sure I have all my grounds covered.

Although it doesn't happen frequently, I sometimes use Viber to communicate for free with clients who are abroad. When I was recently traveling through parts of Europe, I used Viber to speak to clients who had pressing needs while I was away.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Viber
Viber review by <span>Ibn H.</span>
Ibn H.

Very useful with lots of features

What do you like best?

Almost everyone has Viber on their phone and this app supports all platforms. Stable and noiseless audio calls, which is FREE if the person also has Viber. If doesn't, well... there are Viber out.

I have been using this app for years, not only my friends and family but many of my clients also usage Viber. The best feature of Viber would be encrypted messaging. Business or personal use, every conversation is confidential.

While I am using Viber of personal use it can be very useful for business purpose as well. They offer subscription plan for calling abroad, which helps our small business a lot while we don't have to deal with extra cellphone bills.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Viber out quality is little here and there. No audio for seconds or audio breaking during call. It doesn't happen often but fixing this issue will make it more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app can be helpful for you small business if you need to make national or international calls.

Communication with clients and calling abroad. Because of Viber's cheap subscription plan we don't have to count large bill for our international calls.

What Other Collaboration solution do you use?

Viber review by <span>Сергей .</span>
Сергей .

Very good tool for send and receive massages, call and share media.

What do you like best?

The first thing that attracts my attention is the user-friendly interface and bright design. Three tabs are always active - chats, contacts and calls. you can quickly return to chat with a friend who often communicates. Personally, I like the ability to delete a message not only from myself but from a friend, if he has not seen it yet (many times it came in handy). This highlights Viber from a number of other programs. It is very useful that there is an archive of messages in Viber. This is very important for me, because I exchange with friends not only short messages, but also videos, photos and text materials that are pleasant to review.

What do you dislike?

I do not like in Viber, first of all, that his design

is focused primarily on adolescents. Although he is attractive and bright, but

illustrations and colors of the interface are more attractive to people of adolescence. Also I want to pay attention to the smiles which are made in the cartoon style. What else prevents my work in Viber? Like many other instant messengers, Viber account is subject to spammer intervention. This is very disturbing. Spammers send unnecessary messages and illustrations. Although I can add them to the black list. Also it would be desirable to note that when you make a video or audio call, often because of the small speed of the Internet the connection breaks. But if there was an opportunity to reduce the quality of communication a little, it would be possible to continue communicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product. If you want to communicate conveniently and for free, and exchange media files with friends and colleagues around the world, then choose Viber.

Because I'm working with computer graphics, Viber is very helpful in working with clients. I can not only to discuss with them the details of the order and the different course of work, but I can also send sketches and the material itself. Also I can send via Viber links to the cloud storage where the client can download its product. Also I can exchange Internet resources and video for work. Viber helps me cooperate not only in one country but also with foreign clients through free Internet connection.

Viber review by <span>Nikolay K.</span>
Nikolay K.

Good calls with bad internet connections, but there no way to deal with spam!

What do you like best?

- great voice messaging. Even with poor internet connection you can hear another person.

- there a desktop app with same functionality as a mobile one. I'm using Viber for mac.

- neither mobile no desktop (mac) app are crahes. They works as expected and almost free of bugs.

- app works pretty fast

Overall: there a better alternatives. But I'm continue using Viber since many friends of mine is using it. And it meets my current requirements.

What do you dislike?

- hard to block some user. You can block a user (both company or private one) if he is not in your contact list and just send you a message (first time). It you didn't block a user after his first message - you can't do it later. I receive a spam regurally and it's really a problem.

- it's impossible to unsubscribe from pormo companies. This issues is connected to the first one.

- can't copy phone number from a profile (both desktop and mobile app)

- I don't see Viber teams to add new features to the app. App did not change much since the first time I installed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd now consider using it as a tool for business. Only for personal user. It has poor file managing system, now to easy to navigate in the history etc.

Communicating with employees, friends and others. It's great to use then you are abroad and want to make a cheap calls to your country.

Viber review by User

Viber very simple program. You will be able to send messages and speak on a videoring with friends

What do you like best?

The program Viber helps easily to save money. My friend recommended this application. Viber very easy and simple program. It is needed no Logins, only telephone number. you will be able to send text messages and speak on visual communication with friends and colleagues. And also it is possible to send funny smiles, it very likes me

What do you dislike?

On my opinion Viber does not have defects. Most important there is nothing superfluous. Viber looks as messengers are in a telephone. I recommend it program to the friends and near

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Viber! The point is that she is fantastically comfortable and of genius simple. And most important - smoothly works and allows to save money! In order that to find a man in Вайбере only enough telephone numbers, it is not needed to think of difficult logins that it is heavy to memorize. On Viber it is possible to send text messages and and to ring. Excellent quality of connection. Even on subzero speed of the internet all works perfectly ! All my friends and colleagues use Viber!

On Viber I intermingle with colleagues. Are personal messages.I created a group chat where many persons can send messages. It very comfortably.

Viber review by <span>Carrie A.</span>
Carrie A.

Compatible between iOS and Android

What do you like best?

My friend could only use facetime with others who had an iOS phone. When I got her on Viber with me, even though I'm Android, we could both use the app and finally have video chats across the miles. A life saver for our 20+ year friendship. It was installed in minutes and has NEVER crashed. The abilities of the app are very thorough so that one can send video, audio, text, etc, all in a chat conversation.

What do you dislike?

The public chat option is, as of now, not open to everyone and I think that would be a great feature to allow more access to. As an author, if I could create a public chat about writing, even though I'm not a company, I think that would be a great option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an app to connect with employees or personal associates of any type, this will allow you to send audio snippets, video clips, pictures, text, and call them with ease. I'm no tech guru by any stretch, and this was easy for me. I've had no virus' pop up because of this app and it does not crash on me. Video quality and sound are good so it will be easy to converse. All you need is a WIFI or data plan to be online. Totally free. I've never used money in my account to call anyone and have not needed to.

This solves the problem of not being on the same type of iOS phone as my friends.

I have realized the benefit of real time video chatting on my phone without any headaches.

Learning about Viber?

* We monitor all Viber reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.