Viber

Free calls, text and picture sharing with anyone, anywhere!

Work for Viber?

Learning about Viber?

Viber Reviews

Ask Viber a Question
Showing 60 Viber reviews
Viber review by Theresa S.
Theresa S.

"Communicating Using Viber"

What do you like best?

I like viber when it come to online communication, I usually used this messaging app in connecting to my friends, family, and also to our supplier when it comes to work. Viber is helping me in consistently updated to my suppliers. You can call anybody everywhere throughout the world for free and you can even text them plus the stickers are perfect.

What do you dislike?

Viber calls don't allow us to block anyone, so you cannot block the people who disturb you or unknown callers. Viber is nothing when you don't have internet connection you cannot message or call anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep on using viber for your online communication. It is very helpful to us to call and text anybody everywhere throughout the world.

The benifits of Viber for me is helping me in consistently updated to my suppliers. You can call anybody everywhere throughout the world for free and you can even text them plus the stickers are perfect.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Viber
Viber review by Liz W.
Liz W.

"Viber for Free Communication"

What do you like best?

I have friends and family living all over the world; Viber is one of the communication tools I utilize to be able to talk to and text them for free. There are no monthly fees, I don't need to create a username, and voice/text is unlimited as long as the other person is also using Viber.

What do you dislike?

I have three complaints about Viber. First, Viber calls lack quality compared to other similar apps (Facetime, Skype, etc). I find that calls drop easily, and more often, the person on the other end sounds distorted to the point that I have to hang up and try again. Second, I find the app for both phone and desktop to be slightly difficult to navigate. It just lacks some intuitiveness that other communication apps have. Third, Viber is becoming less popular than it used to be, which is problematic considering the fact that free communication happens only with other people that are using Viber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is one of many tools available for free communication with other Viber users. While it does the job, it doesn't do it as well as other apps. Call quality is lacking and the interface is somewhat confusing to navigate. I do keep it on my phone for those friends/family that solely use Vber, but it is not the only app I use for these purposes. I also use Whatsapp, Facetime and Skype to make sure I have all my grounds covered.

Although it doesn't happen frequently, I sometimes use Viber to communicate for free with clients who are abroad. When I was recently traveling through parts of Europe, I used Viber to speak to clients who had pressing needs while I was away.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Viber review by Ibn H.
Ibn H.

"Very useful with lots of features"

What do you like best?

Almost everyone has Viber on their phone and this app supports all platforms. Stable and noiseless audio calls, which is FREE if the person also has Viber. If doesn't, well... there are Viber out.

I have been using this app for years, not only my friends and family but many of my clients also usage Viber. The best feature of Viber would be encrypted messaging. Business or personal use, every conversation is confidential.

While I am using Viber of personal use it can be very useful for business purpose as well. They offer subscription plan for calling abroad, which helps our small business a lot while we don't have to deal with extra cellphone bills.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes Viber out quality is little here and there. No audio for seconds or audio breaking during call. It doesn't happen often but fixing this issue will make it more stable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This app can be helpful for you small business if you need to make national or international calls.

Communication with clients and calling abroad. Because of Viber's cheap subscription plan we don't have to count large bill for our international calls.

Viber review by Сергей .
Сергей .

"Very good tool for send and receive massages, call and share media."

What do you like best?

The first thing that attracts my attention is the user-friendly interface and bright design. Three tabs are always active - chats, contacts and calls. you can quickly return to chat with a friend who often communicates. Personally, I like the ability to delete a message not only from myself but from a friend, if he has not seen it yet (many times it came in handy). This highlights Viber from a number of other programs. It is very useful that there is an archive of messages in Viber. This is very important for me, because I exchange with friends not only short messages, but also videos, photos and text materials that are pleasant to review.

What do you dislike?

I do not like in Viber, first of all, that his design

is focused primarily on adolescents. Although he is attractive and bright, but

illustrations and colors of the interface are more attractive to people of adolescence. Also I want to pay attention to the smiles which are made in the cartoon style. What else prevents my work in Viber? Like many other instant messengers, Viber account is subject to spammer intervention. This is very disturbing. Spammers send unnecessary messages and illustrations. Although I can add them to the black list. Also it would be desirable to note that when you make a video or audio call, often because of the small speed of the Internet the connection breaks. But if there was an opportunity to reduce the quality of communication a little, it would be possible to continue communicating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product. If you want to communicate conveniently and for free, and exchange media files with friends and colleagues around the world, then choose Viber.

Because I'm working with computer graphics, Viber is very helpful in working with clients. I can not only to discuss with them the details of the order and the different course of work, but I can also send sketches and the material itself. Also I can send via Viber links to the cloud storage where the client can download its product. Also I can exchange Internet resources and video for work. Viber helps me cooperate not only in one country but also with foreign clients through free Internet connection.

Viber review by Nikolay K.
Nikolay K.

"Good calls with bad internet connections, but there no way to deal with spam!"

What do you like best?

- great voice messaging. Even with poor internet connection you can hear another person.

- there a desktop app with same functionality as a mobile one. I'm using Viber for mac.

- neither mobile no desktop (mac) app are crahes. They works as expected and almost free of bugs.

- app works pretty fast

Overall: there a better alternatives. But I'm continue using Viber since many friends of mine is using it. And it meets my current requirements.

What do you dislike?

- hard to block some user. You can block a user (both company or private one) if he is not in your contact list and just send you a message (first time). It you didn't block a user after his first message - you can't do it later. I receive a spam regurally and it's really a problem.

- it's impossible to unsubscribe from pormo companies. This issues is connected to the first one.

- can't copy phone number from a profile (both desktop and mobile app)

- I don't see Viber teams to add new features to the app. App did not change much since the first time I installed it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd now consider using it as a tool for business. Only for personal user. It has poor file managing system, now to easy to navigate in the history etc.

Communicating with employees, friends and others. It's great to use then you are abroad and want to make a cheap calls to your country.

Viber review by Jodie P.
Jodie P.

"Amazing online communication app"

What do you like best?

Viber just works. There are lots of similar apps out there like Line, Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp, but I've had the best call quality with Viber. I also like that I can easily use it for chatting, voice calls and videos calls and have all the communication history for each contact in one place.

What do you dislike?

There isn't a whole lot to dislike. I think their pricing for standard phone calls could be lower. I've seen lower prices with some other apps and general phone discount codes. I would probably use it more for standard calls if the rates were lower.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber has been an excellent app for me, but it might be different for you based on your location. You should try out a few apps to see how they compare before committing to one.

Viber has been a great online platform for communication and collaborating with team members within my company. We can discuss things and have visual references to make things easier to understand. I can track call and chat history, which helps me to retrieve information about whatever projects we're working on or worked on.

Viber review by Dale G.
Dale G.

"Great for online mobile calls and chatting"

What do you like best?

I mainly like that Viber is easy to use for making calls. After I installed Viber and logged in, I was able to quickly add my contacts and start making calls. There aren't a ton of ads in the app and using it is usually a very smooth process.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes use stickers and emojis, even for business, since it helps to make conversations more personable for some people. However, Viber doesn't have as robust and emoji and sticker system as some other communications platforms out there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think choosing the right online calling platform largely depends on the amount of people that have and are comfortable with using the platform. Before committing to Viber, you should first check with people you work with to see if they use Viber or are willing to use it.

Viber lets me make low cost audio and video calls on the go with my mobile phone. The calls are usually smooth and allow me coordinate and collaborate effectively with colleagues. Fortunately, it's software that many people I work with use.

Viber review by Sebastian A.
Sebastian A.

"An excellent communications app"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and good call quality. I can quickly have my contacts imported from my phone's contacts into the app's contacts. I don't have to worry about phone bills or adding credits to my account. Viber is used by many of the people I work and do business with, so it smooth integrates into my business life.

What do you dislike?

There doesn't seem to be a way for me to add a real phone number to my account so people can call me with a regular phone. Also, I had some issues with moving my account to a different phone. I think the account transfer process could be risky if you're not careful. You might lose your call and chat history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are free and low cost plans available that you can try out. The free plans can absolutely be used for professional purposes. There shouldn't be any major limitations that would cause any annoyances to your clients.

Being able to be reachable in a variety of ways for coworkers and clients. They can reach me by text, voice calls or video calls. Callers can even share their screens with me through Viber's desktop app. It's very convenient to be accessible and to be able to reach others through a single communications platform.

Viber review by Chris V.
Chris V.

"A solid app for texting and video calls "

What do you like best?

Viber has been around for a while and is still going strong. I use it on occasion for text, voice and video calls, usually if someone else requests to communicate through it. It's a reliable app that can send notifications whenever someone tries to get in touch. The voice and video calls generally don't lag much. The picture quality is typically as clear as can be expected for whatever network I'm on.

What do you dislike?

Not that many people I keep in touch with on regular basis use Viber, so it's not an app that I can really commit to. The interface is pretty clean and easy to navigate, but not as much as some other apps I use like Line or Skype.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is a solid texting app that you can use for free, so it's definitely worth a try. You may find that many of your contact use Viber, so it can be a convenient place for you to get in touch with them.

On desktop or mobile, I can get in touch with people that use this platform. The free calls can save us a lot of money from phone calls. I can keep all communications for certain contacts in one place, so it's easier to move through discussions, keeping texts, attachments and voice recordings in one location.

Viber review by Alexandra Z.
Alexandra Z.

"Viber review"

What do you like best?

The best thing I like is stickers in viber. They are so cute!

It is a good messenger to contact people and send them media staff (video, photos).

What do you dislike?

The quality of calls becomes worse and worse.

Pretty expensive stickers.

Much spam, for instance, some business chats (like ikea family) try to add you and it is annoying.

Now I use whataspp and vk more often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to get spam.

People over 35+ age usually prefer viber, so you can find your relatives there.

Use it to send photos to my colleagues and fast messages.

Viber review by User

"Viber very simple program. You will be able to send messages and speak on a videoring with friends"

What do you like best?

The program Viber helps easily to save money. My friend recommended this application. Viber very easy and simple program. It is needed no Logins, only telephone number. you will be able to send text messages and speak on visual communication with friends and colleagues. And also it is possible to send funny smiles, it very likes me

What do you dislike?

On my opinion Viber does not have defects. Most important there is nothing superfluous. Viber looks as messengers are in a telephone. I recommend it program to the friends and near

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Viber! The point is that she is fantastically comfortable and of genius simple. And most important - smoothly works and allows to save money! In order that to find a man in Вайбере only enough telephone numbers, it is not needed to think of difficult logins that it is heavy to memorize. On Viber it is possible to send text messages and and to ring. Excellent quality of connection. Even on subzero speed of the internet all works perfectly ! All my friends and colleagues use Viber!

On Viber I intermingle with colleagues. Are personal messages.I created a group chat where many persons can send messages. It very comfortably.

Viber review by Carrie A.
Carrie A.

"Compatible between iOS and Android"

What do you like best?

My friend could only use facetime with others who had an iOS phone. When I got her on Viber with me, even though I'm Android, we could both use the app and finally have video chats across the miles. A life saver for our 20+ year friendship. It was installed in minutes and has NEVER crashed. The abilities of the app are very thorough so that one can send video, audio, text, etc, all in a chat conversation.

What do you dislike?

The public chat option is, as of now, not open to everyone and I think that would be a great feature to allow more access to. As an author, if I could create a public chat about writing, even though I'm not a company, I think that would be a great option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an app to connect with employees or personal associates of any type, this will allow you to send audio snippets, video clips, pictures, text, and call them with ease. I'm no tech guru by any stretch, and this was easy for me. I've had no virus' pop up because of this app and it does not crash on me. Video quality and sound are good so it will be easy to converse. All you need is a WIFI or data plan to be online. Totally free. I've never used money in my account to call anyone and have not needed to.

This solves the problem of not being on the same type of iOS phone as my friends.

I have realized the benefit of real time video chatting on my phone without any headaches.

Viber review by User

"A stable and user-friendly unified communication platform"

What do you like best?

It's great to be able to send and receive various types of messages and make voice and video calls through one piece of software. When I communicate with someone, Viber stores a log of all the messages and past calls in the contact's history. I can easily access voice messages, read texts and see when past calls were made. It's very valuable for accounting for my business dealings with people. I also like that I can access Viber through both a desktop and mobile app. Though the mobile app tends to be easier to use for voice calls and text chats, I like to be able to use the desktop version for browsing call logs and doing video calls.

What do you dislike?

Viber cannot call regular phones without the user having a Viber Out activated with credits. The pricing for Viber Out is a bit steep. I have seen many other similar international calling plans that have lower prices. I also don't like that I don't have full texting capabilities with Viber. There are times when I need to text people without a Viber account, so it would be nice to have a more universal texting platform in place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend checking with your business associates to see if they use Viber, or would be open to using Viber, before committing to using it as one of your main communication platforms. To benefit from the full capabilities of Viber, you'll need your contacts to have Viber installed.

Viber has been very useful for staying in touch with business associates in a robust and low cost way. Though not everyone I deal with uses Viber, a good amount of people use it, so I can count on Viber as a reliable hub for sending and receiving messages or making calls. The video calls I've had with Viber have been very clear and allow team members on particular projects to collaborate and share ideas as effectively as meeting in person.

Viber review by Psy A.
Psy A.

"Viber Review"

What do you like best?

Not much really, I generally did not like the product, i had to Uninstall it and stop using. I went back to my Skype.

What do you dislike?

It is not a new idea - hence more and better competitors

The appearance is not beautiful it is just dull and boring

Video calling is terrible, Can't see one clearly nor hear each other clearly.

It is like is logs itself off, You would not know you got a missed call if don't open the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste your time pal, If you using Skype currently then stay with it but if you are on any other service then maybe you can move and Viber out but don't expect a lot from Viber.

Currently None. I thought i could solve the issue of the amount of data required to make video calling - In Skype one often needs a faster internet and a good reception to make clear and smooth video calling and this sometimes is a problem where i come from. I thought Viber will be an alternative to make cheap but clear video calling to ease our communications but it wasn't, it was worse so i stopped using it an went back to Skype. Skype has been even more better with the latest releases.

Viber review by John M.
John M.

"Viber - a Mobile Alternative to Skype"

What do you like best?

Viber is an instant messaging and voice-to-voice chatting app deeloped for smartphones. It is essentially simialr to Skype, including the vieo capabilities. Where Viber shines, however, is in its global communication ability. As long as both sides have the app, you can communicate worldwide, including in countries where Skype is currently blocked. is has immense use for business-to-business transactions or family long-distance communication in places like China, for exampl.e. The app runs smoothly and does not take up much system memory, which are also bonuses over Skype.

What do you dislike?

The sound quality using Viber is tinner than thoguh my phone app, or even some other chat applications. It also uses its own alert system (as expected), which will not make my phone sound off or vibrate the same way that a phone's riger would. This means that, when using Viber, you need to be more vigilant about noticing incoming calls. It is also far less poular than other applications, such as Skype, and thus both parties are less likely to have it on their phones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I own Viber for personal use, so I a not terribly familiar with its business functionality. However, it is a useful voice-to-voice messaging program.

I have used Viber for personal issues, mainly communicating with family over long distance (China, Australia, etc.), when phone bills would be prohibitive and other programs, such as SKype, may or may not be blocked. It is very useful, and has kept our lines of communication strong.

Viber review by Pavel T.
Pavel T.

"The best (okay, almost) communication software"

What do you like best?

I can use it on my phone or Mac - wherever I am. Group chats with "like" system. Synchronization (although with limitations, see below) saves time when hardware fails.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could have it on my iPad. Synchronization on iPhone is quite limited because of iCloud limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is one of the easiest rich-featured communication software that allows big teams stay on the same page with everyone, everywhere. I can't recall a single flaw that prevents me to give a 5* rating to this software.

Group chats - #1 feature. Dependability - not a single missed message means everyone is on the same page at any given time. Even if somebody offline for any reason, they get message(s) instantly when they back online.

Viber review by Rashad F.
Rashad F.

"Good software to make voice and video calls on mobile and desktop"

What do you like best?

Best side of Viber is it's clear voice calls.The quality is like gsm call.You can't feel difference.Video call feature is also good.But the most I like about Viber is it's cool smile and icons.They make me laugh out loud.

What do you dislike?

While making video calls due to slow internet connection it switches from video call to voice call.I don't like this feature very much.But in high speed internet connection it works perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can enjoy good quality voice and video calls while using Viber. If you want to laugh don't hesitate to use funny smileys.You will not regret while using Viber. Viber will meet all of your requirements.

Mostly I am making voice calls with internet and it prevents extra fees.

Viber review by Akram Hasan S.
Akram Hasan S.

"Must have communication app"

What do you like best?

Since I bought a smartphone Viber keep me connect with my friends and family. Viber always been my favorite communication app for all platform. Unlike other VOIP apps Viber offer crystal clear voice and video calls. They already are in all devices you use, so you don't have to checking your phone when you are at MacBook or PC, it's something I liked most. And they have funny stickers for messaging. Since using this app, Viber saved money for phone calls and texting. They also offer Viber out VOIP call feature for calling any classical phone number.

What do you dislike?

Well hard so say what I dislike about this app. It's a nice app with no ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's never late for giving a try.

We use Viber Out for our business calls sometimes. Best thing is everything you need for communication in one single app. You don't have to thing about pinless, card phone or other woki toki drama for calling abroad.

Viber review by Michal I.
Michal I.

"Daily user"

What do you like best?

Simple to use, great quality of sound and video, works good on also on slower connection. The possibility to use it also on PC is great. The PC version has a full support what is useful when working at a PC - don't have to pick up phone to write back or take call.

What do you dislike?

Some times problems with starting video call, it looks like it is starting but nothing happens, not even an error message. Bind to one telephone number, can not be moved to a new one...requires to cancel old account and create new one with new phone number. Should somehow mark contacts not active for a longer time .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Standard chatting and calling application, delivers what it should. Great possibility to use also on PC.

Quick communication within team, simple photos sharing

Viber review by User

"Popular and useful free tool for communication"

What do you like best?

It's free and well known to most people so you can typically get your team, clients, vendors etc. to jump on board. It'll save lots of time and cost on calls or other fee-based communication. There are many features likes attachment, voice clips that can help bring more complete context to conversations and help to more quickly resolve issues or craft plans. Has a desktop version which makes this versatile and accessible to those more inclined to use a computer.

What do you dislike?

It might not be a preferred platform for some people so those people might get disconnected from the conversation. Otherwise, there isn't much to dislike since it's free and has most of what other chat services have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free and easy to use. You can try it to see if others will be on board with it and see their responsiveness when using it. Otherwise you can switch to a different app or use it concurrently with others.

Staying in touch with customers, vendors, leads. Reducing communication costs. Being able to collaborate and have quick responses which allow us to move forward on ideas and get things going and completed. Saves us a bunch of time.

Viber review by User

"Very useful free messaging app that can save you tons of money"

What do you like best?

Has bunch of features that enhances messaging like video calls attaching files, links and voice clips to give your conversation more dimensions than normal calls or chatting. Being free is also a wonderful feature and saves lots of money on expensive phone calls local or international. There is also a desktop version that allows screen sharing.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike this app. I think it's probably not the most used app so not everyone you need to get in touch with will be available through Viber. There have been some slow connections that caused us to have to disconnect but overall okay.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are several similar messaging apps but Viber is one of the more versatile ones since there is a mobile and desktop version. You get many features that are free which can sometimes be expensive elsewhere.

Communication and collaboration is greatly enhanced. Connectivity is usually pretty solid so we save lots of time and money. We can stay connected and keep track of conversations so everyone is up to speed on things.

Viber review by Sameer B.
Sameer B.

"Good product but competition is better"

What do you like best?

The good part about Viber is the ability to not only share messages, audio, video and photo files internationally, but also to make phone calls over the internet. This is a great feature for international customers who seldom get any good deals from phone carriers to call overseas. Viber has a big plus in this regard.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is a bit tacky and not as clean as I would have liked it to be. In recent past, the software app has started sending some push ads for marketing purposes. This is a bit annoying. the competition for this software is becoming increasingly better. Another disadvantage is the number of users on Viber. The app is as good as number of my friends, who use the app. As of now, a lot of friends are not using this app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure how many of your friends use this software app. This will be helpful in determining the feasibility of use of this software.

The app helps connectivity for small to medium sized companies by allowing the ability to hold quick international calls, share files etc.

On a personal level, the biggest benefit is the ability to call someone internationally, over the internet. While other software apps are catching up on this feature, Viber is still better for calling, especially in developing countries.

Viber review by Vinay P.
Vinay P.

"Great way to connect people"

What do you like best?

It can be used on all most all your devices no matter if its Windows, IOS or Android we can be connected and transfer call between the device

What do you dislike?

The user interface can be much better and one drawback is that when we are speaking we cannot hear the front persons voice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software needs some small refinings

We were using it for video calling our customers and show them their products

Viber review by Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.

"[ANDROID] A Solid alternative to Skype that is as complete as Line but more resource friendly "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up, it's pretty much like whatsapp, your phone number it's all you need to get started.

I also love how light it is on my phone compared to alternatives like Skype or Line that are heavy resource consumers.

But what i love the most is that the call and video quality are as good as what you can get on Skype, but the calls are steadier and require less data, and less bars to work properly.

What do you dislike?

Definitely the interface, but that's me being picky because I don't like the color purple.

I also dislike the fact that the sync after you install a new update is a bit sluggish, and the app usually crashes, even though I think that's an issue with phones that don't have too much ram to spare.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a MUST HAVE app in everyone's phone, specially if you need to do a lot of international calling and video chatting. It's a good backup plan if you're in a place with a weak connection that won't allow skype to work properly.

It also comes in windows flavor... and you can switch almost seamlessly between both versions.

You need to make sure that your contacts start to adopt it to... or you're not gonna have people to call, or chat with.

It's my secondary call and video conference tool, it'd be the top of my list, but skype it's pretty much an industry standard.

Viber review by Sazzad Hossain S.
Sazzad Hossain S.

"Application that suites my personal needs"

What do you like best?

I can block peoples whom i don't want to communicate with them. Sometimes it feels boring when somebody in my contact messaging me without my proper confirmation. Their features it very much good that i can block them from my end. I love their current interface design. I have been using their software more than 2 years and seen many of changes and every-time i have seen wonderful design in their system.

I can call peoples from my contact list that's great facility for me. I love their notification system in my Android 5.0 system. In public chats, i can find my favorite persons latest updates that i love very much. Viber games are lightweight and easy to play...

Sharing Photos, Videos and Voice messages, Location information and documents and i don't have to use email most of the time as because using Viber Messaging app.

Viber stores my messaging history and i can search my previous chatting histories as well.

What do you dislike?

Some of my favorite stickers are paid version that i dislikes sometime. Specially SpongeBob SquarePants sticker i needed but have to pay first. Hoping that management will reduce the sticker costs for easy to purchase. Sometimes Viber crashes without notification and don't know why this happen. Sometime calls drop and believe that was network related issue. Hope they will consider to improve the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using another messaging application for your devices like Android, iPhone or PC's. You can switch or make a try with Viber. Their system settings are very much easy to understand. You can easily communicate with your friend & families from your contact list. Get notified when receive latest messages or calls. Track message deliveries etc.

Try this today. I hope you will not disappointed.

I can communicate with my office staffs, friends and families and most of the time i don't have to call their personal number. I did call them into their Viber account and saving my phone bills.

Most of the times we talk more then hours and hope that Viber is saving many of phone bills for us.

I can share photos with my friends and family. Sometimes i can send my project documents and pictures within viber and i Don't have to email them again.

Their message sending and delivery features are great. I can track who has opened my latest message or not. Also i can see if they are available in online or not. I can send voice messages from my end. Sometimes i don't have to call them, just sending voice message and most advantage is, it's saved into Viber system and next time i can play the voice message.

Their location history is great feature. While i am in out of my office or home, i can send my present location within seconds.

Viber helps to communicate, sharing message, photos and videos and many more things. They are cross platform. I have installed in PC and my Android smartphone and using from both devices.

Viber review by Max O.
Max O.

"It is like Skype, but better in every way"

What do you like best?

This is the best alternative to Skype that has almost all the same features, but works way better and faster. While Skype app on my iPhone is killing me with its slowness, Viber is the one of the quickest apps on my phone. Having a separate app on my Mac is very convenient to respond to message without my phone. Stickers are the best, never liked them in Facebook or anywhere else but Viber, thats how stickers should be working. Contact searching is very easy due to the fact that you just need the recipient phone number and you are good to go

What do you dislike?

No video conference calls, but I guess its just a matter of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is a very fast and reliable way to communicate with your business partners and friends. And you always know if you message was delivered or viewed by the recipient

Communicating with business partners is very easy, while you have to find contact info of the people you wish to contact, with Viber you can simply send them a message by knowing their phone number, which is very convenient because you always get a phone number on the business card from people you meet.

Viber review by Velimira M.
Velimira M.

"Good alternative to Skype, but do not like UI"

What do you like best?

I started using Viber when my best friend went to USA. It is the best option to connect to someone literally everywhere. Viber is fast and has a lot of functions that come in handy.

I use it to communicate with colleagues sometimes when I am on vacation as it usually is much faster than other chat clients when you have limited internet connection.

What do you dislike?

The purple. I just hate it. I know this is a bit strong statement but it really bugs me when I have to use it more than 10 mins. The other thing that I cannot find any escape from - the stickers. They are too big and too colourful and you just waste in the other person's stickers sometimes. Thus, I prefer to use it only for calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to ask everyone if they like it prior using it and instruct your team to minimize the usage of those stickers. Other than that - it is great and should be used as an alternative to Skype for Business.

It really helps you when you are out of the country or just in place with really slow connection and you need to contact your colleagues.

Viber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Light App with excellent connectivity"

What do you like best?

Voice Quality is really very good even during the presence of background noise. Data consumption is quite minimal compare similar connectivity apps. Wide range of stickers for every occasion are available free of cost.

What do you dislike?

App takes a lot of disk space. Some times, the app recurrently keeps showing missed call notifications for old calls even after acknowledging the notifications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple app offering premium voice, video and text connectivity options.

Voice and text connectivity even when the network is not strong. Easy to use interface even for users who are not tech savvy.

Viber review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Reliable way to be in touch for free."

What do you like best?

Viber is a tool that allows users to make free voice and video calls among the worldwide and to share free instant messages. It is one of the most popular communication apps in certain regions of the world.

What do you dislike?

It is and has always remained in the shadow of Skype and WhatsApp. There has been a decrease in its usage, but with above five hundred million users, Viber is one of the key players on the market.

It’s free, it’s reliable. You can exchange free phpne calls, free messages, send attachments, photos.

Viber review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Been using Viber for several months now"

What do you like best?

The Viber desktop app is pretty nifty for me who tries to multi task.

I use Viber for keeping in touch with my family who lives in other cities and islands even when some of them are abroad. Viber will help me stay connected especially when my sister and brother-in-law migrates to Australia this month.

I also like that my 3-year old daughter is able to send my family voice recordings and stickers even though she could not read or write yet.

What do you dislike?

I don't often use the call features because it seems clunky or maybe it's our internet service. Anyhow, it's not my main go to for video/phone calls. I still rely on Skype or Google Hangouts for that.

I wish that when the public chats are enabled, the photos don't get automatically downloaded. I see them on my Viber feed when I sync to my laptop so somehow the photos are saved without me knowing.

Once, while installing Viber for my senior citizen parents, it alerted me that once I install on a second mobile device, it'll no longer work on the other device. I'm not sure if this is true but I hope it's not because my parents both have tablets and cellphones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Viber for communications but don't turn on the public chats! The photos get automatically saved and it takes up unnecessary space in your device.

It's easy to share photos, and because of this, I'm able to use Viber when working with clients or suppliers.

Viber review by Jora P.
Jora P.

"Great Communication App"

What do you like best?

I love that calls and texting to other Viber Users is free and you also have the option of calling other non-Viber users for a small fee. Also, video calling is another option for anyone preferring a face to face conversation.

What do you dislike?

There's not much I dislike about Viber except that the connection can be tricky sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely highly recommend Viber for anyone seeking a way to communicate with anyone, whether for personal use or business use. It's an all around great app!

Viber has great business benefits, such as Texting, Voice Calling and Video Calling all in one great app

Viber review by Reham E.
Reham E.

"Handy in communication"

What do you like best?

I love its easy user interface and experience

What do you dislike?

In the PC version, why can't I log off and back on whenever I like

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am always worried about the privacy options, so just read more about it always

Communication problems

Viber review by Beverly G.
Beverly G.

"Effective way to communicate when traveling overseas"

What do you like best?

The ability to communicate with other Viber users for free while traveling overseas.

What do you dislike?

The quality of video calls isn't as good as it is in similar aps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While some use Viber as a substitute for Skype, I've found that Skype is superior for video calls. But, for quick texts and voice calls, Viber is great.

I've been able to keep in touch with colleagues back home while traveling overseas without paying for overseas cell phone service.

Viber review by User

"One of the best VOIP applications"

What do you like best?

The high quality of the voice and video call.

Very easy to use and fit most of the devices.

The updates always offer new and better features.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t work well with medium and low speed Internet connection. Of course it’s a VOIP application but some other applications work better in the case of low and medium speed.

Sometimes the call dropped even with good internet connection.

Make International calls for business at low cost

Viber review by Jolene S.
Jolene S.

"Wonderful Innovative Product With Equally Exceptional Friendly Staff! "

What do you like best?

I personally believe that Viber, is one of the best worldwide communication apps available at this present time. I use it for my own personal use, and, I also use this for my business on the Viber public chat page. The calls are clear, and it is fantastic for international calls (for both my personal life, and my business communications). The staff are absolutely wonderful, superbly friendly, and are available in an instant!. It is by far, my absolute favourite app at the moment. For business use, it has been exceptionally fantastic. I have found the Viber Public Chat page to be engaging, and a way to share my positive empowering messages with people all across the globe. Viber isn't just a business, it's a community, and a wonderful one at that. I HIGHLY encourage people to start using Viber!.

What do you dislike?

I genuinely do not have any dislikes. I've not had any problems with it at all, and I have been using it for quite some time now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Viber, it is fantastic all round!

I find Viber a great platform to connect to people worldwide, who perhaps I wouldn't usually have the chance to connect with (on the public chat platform).

The benefits of using Viber has been transformational for me and my business. I love the fact I can use this app in both my personal and business life.

Viber review by Richard B.
Richard B.

"Communicate across countries for free"

What do you like best?

Look ahead, no longer do you have to go to the store to purchase minutes to make calls abroad. Viber is an awesome way of being able to communicate with others via phone. I have one friend in the phillipines and she is the one that told me to download Viber. We are able to talk and text through the app, all for free. The audio quality when making calls through the Viber app is top notch. I usually don't ever have any issues.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are minor bugs to the app. One time I was having trouble deleting multiple messages at once. I was not able to find the button to delete multiple messages. And in order to delete a message I had to delete it one by one. One time, after an update the app continued to crash over and over again. However, they fixed in within a days worth.

Helps communicate with individuals from far away. Communication is very fast with little delay.

Viber review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Popular in southeast asia"

What do you like best?

I used to work in Canada-based multinational company. A lot of my co-workers are from southeast Asia. Somehow, they use Viber more than whatsapp or wechat. Viber is their No. 1 message app. This is the main reason why I keep Viber in my phone, sitting beside with Whatsapp, Facebook messenger, Wechat and etc.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Those messenger apps have very similar features. Occasionally, you will find that they put some new features inspired by other apps. I hope all these messenger app can connect each other, by an independent thirdparty OpenID organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your friends are using it, you need to install it even though your phone already has tons of Messenger app. :-)

Viber is not used during working.

Viber review by Tejasvi D.
Tejasvi D.

"Best voice calling software over patchy wifi "

What do you like best?

I use it mainly to call India and sometimes Canada and I find that it works the best as compared to other voice calling softwares over internet when you aren't getting strong connectivity. Great emoticons and stickers even though I hardly ever chat with people on viber.

What do you dislike?

I wish the call would actually ring outside of the app because half the time I do not realize I am getting a viber call through its banner notification. Unless I am notified over whatsapp or text that the person was going to call me on viber, I miss the calls. The quality of the calls over patchy internet is significantly better than Skype and Whatsapp calling although I feel whatsapp calling is way more convenient tool to use. I think the notification problem is specific to iOS because people on androids aren't facing the same issue.

I just use it to call people internationally, so it's more of a personal rather than business use for me.

Viber review by Efren O.
Efren O.

"How's Viber as an App?"

What do you like best?

It allows me to use this for candidate calls aside from direct call and Skype.

What do you dislike?

They don't have customer support to answer our needs or password reset. We can just send an email. Problem is what if we need it badly, no one can cater our needs.

In case our uberconference didn't work we use viber as an alternative.

Viber review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

"Crystal Clear Cheap Internet to Fixed / Mobile Calling"

What do you like best?

Great call quality, cheap rates and clean interface.

What do you dislike?

Silly stickers are always being promoted. Would love to switch this function off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great cheap way to call contacts and organisations that haven’t integrated more modern ways of connecting.

Saves me a lot in roaming fees and works well in many connections that often block other products like Skype Out

Viber review by Shivakumar G.
Shivakumar G.

"Viber Review_Shivakumar"

What do you like best?

Clarity if voice through both national and international calls and ease of use. Simple and efficient. I like the Sticker market options and Viber games are cool too. and Public chats interesting and its fun knowing the celebrities conversations.

What do you dislike?

Might need to work on the UI of the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work!

I use Viber for both personal and professional purpose. Calling international healthcare clients which i'm working across USA, Middle East and Australia.

Viber review by Noureen D.
Noureen D.

"Pleasant and reliable"

What do you like best?

Ability to call free of charge even if its international. Features such as screenshare, in call chatting and an easy setup make it very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

The other user should also have Viber installed

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would suggest you first explore more traditional wi-fi calling options such as skype or google hangouts and then if that doesn't solve your need then think about Viber. The reason being, Viber is a paid service for businesses.

long distance meetings and conference calls are free and saves us a lot of money. Plus having the whole organization using one central platform adds consistency.

Viber review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"User friendly!"

What do you like best?

It provides instant messaging service that allows phone calls and send the text messages for free. I love how I can connect with my colleagues hassle-free!

What do you dislike?

Viber calls do not have any option for call blocking. Without Wi-Fi connection or personal data, you are not able to use Viber.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch now!

Communication

Viber review by Allison A.
Allison A.

"Viber Is a great, reliable free app!"

What do you like best?

Viber allowed me to stay in touch with my best friend while she was serving in the Air Force overseas. I was able to talk with her almost every day - a luxury that should've cost me thousand of dollars but was completely free. We texted and chatted often, and it made the separation much easier to deal with. I definitely recommend Viber to anyone hoping to stay in touch with someone across the world. It's the least expensive option with the best UI.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connection was spotty, but she was also in the Middle East on base. I doubt it was Viber's problem.

I used Viber for personal reasons.

Viber review by Alpha P.
Alpha P.

"I use Viber mostly to communicate with my family in europe and Africa "

What do you like best?

wifi calling and texting. it can get really expensive buying phone cards to call international. Using Viber i am able to cummunicate with my family and friends easy and not costing me anything.

What do you dislike?

So far it working fine for me so I dont have much issues with it. The only one thing I dislike is the drop calls even when I have a good wireless connection. I think the app could be a little beter in that area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recomending it all the time to people i know. It great for calling and texting. i plan to make more people aware of it

I mostly have personal use for it. It saves me money and i can talk longer when using viber. I even have my mother using it also and she loves it too

Viber review by Antonino Francesco M.
Antonino Francesco M.

"A good free alternative to Skype "

What do you like best?

You have no longer need to go to the store to purchase minutes to make calls abroad (like Skype).

You can do phone call, video call, text messaging, the calls are very clear.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are minor bugs to the app.

No video conference calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It could be a valid alternative to Skype but for messaging there are other very powerful apps such as Telegram

I find Viber a good platform to connect to people worldwide. Communication is very fast with little delay.

Viber review by Vikash J.
Vikash J.

"Viber Review- Vikash"

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

Might need to work on the UI of the application

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is wonderful app, you must try this.

Viber review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"Viber - Small Law Office"

What do you like best?

Right now, GIFs. :) I like to be able to stay connected to my employees when I'm out of the office.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes we have glitches in the software and have to uninstall and reinstall.

Greater communication within the office. Being able to quickly communicate information for a particular client who is on the phone with a staff member.

Viber review by Shiv S.
Shiv S.

"great product to use"

What do you like best?

great voice clarity and easy to implement across the global team

What do you dislike?

nothing as such - perhaps user interface can be even better

Recommendations to others considering the product

its a easy to use product

collaborating with global workforce without bursting telecom $'s....easy to install and use

Viber review by User in Internet

"Nice Messaging App"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use;

Using the phone number as userID is a great way to identify;

Text messages are almost like SMS.

What do you dislike?

Video calls quality;

Voice calls quality (sometimes);

I use it for messaging with anybody. It has good delivery rates, you can see when your message is seen. Relatively good for VOIP.

Viber review by Tara F.
Tara F.

"Free calls or text through the internet..."

What do you like best?

I can make calls or text from anywhere in the world as long as I have an internet connection. FREE! Uploaded all the contact from my phone to Viber.

What do you dislike?

Make sure you have a decent internet connection or you will loose the call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great way to make calls for free through the internet.

Great way to call from foreign countries for free! I have used it several times and only ever when we had free internet at the hotels.

Viber review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The best messenger for communication!"

What do you like best?

I have been using this app for a very long time, notifications appear instantly, easy to understand the interface.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the application lags behind, so you should always update it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great application for communication, many use it, so it's worth downloading it!

Communication with colleagues, I also use groups with news sources, it's very convenient!

Viber review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Viber - the alternate messenger"

What do you like best?

My 70 year old Aunt told me about Viber. I signed up and was shocked to see so many of my friends on it. I have friends and family around the world and Viber allows me to message and call anyone in the network. It was a bonus that it was already widely used when I signed up.

What do you dislike?

It's always on and I'm not sure how much battery it uses. Of course free only happens when both users are on the network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I didn't think much of the product but while other messaging products have come and gone, Viber stays on my phone and is always loaded up when I get a new phone. It keeps me in touch with friends and family around the world with the option of calling them. Pretty sweet!

Free, instant messaging using Text, Pictures, or Voice.

Viber review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"Viber - Subset of Skype and Facebook messenger"

What do you like best?

Viber offers a free, no-strings-attached service that allows to send texts and share both photos and videos.It also allows to make high-quality VoIP calls using 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi via your existing mobile number. Plus, Viber automatically syncs with your contacts and knows which of your contacts have Viber, making it easy to stay in touch.The emotions are superanimated and a lot cooler than regular emoticons

What do you dislike?

No status option, which lets my friends know as to whether you're busy or free to talk or what I am up to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Viber is incredibly easy to use, lets you add favorites and it's fun.One of the best messaging and calling app available with voice quality better than the most.

I can send photos, videos, emoticons and stickers. Most importantly, I can call anyone around the world for free, provided my contact is using the service.

Viber review by Ibtissam C.
Ibtissam C.

"Viber review"

What do you like best?

Permet de rester en contacte avec les gens

What do you dislike?

J'ai rien à reproche à cette application, elle est top

Communication et partage du contenu media

Viber review by Hoang N.
Hoang N.

"For group chatting with long distance group of friends. Used to call when out of country"

What do you like best?

stickers. fast and easy to use. no lagging ever

What do you dislike?

The viber out is confusing. which charges you if you dont be careful compared to the free calling

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly easy to use. Most important is FREE, but be careful about the Viber Out

calling and contacting. free to use when out of country

Viber review by Avanti D.
Avanti D.

"Viber - great for international calls, with a few extra tools making the experience better."

What do you like best?

Chats with friends are made more enjoyable with the help of stickers perfect for every mood.

What do you dislike?

Viber is a great app to use, but only if one can convince their friends and family to use it.

I use it for personal use and have found international calling convenient.

Viber review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Easy, great experience, always available, reliable"

What do you like best?

its free:)

software is available on phones, PC-s, tablets, synchronized,

adjustable notifications on every platform (choose what to see or not to see/show)

What do you dislike?

I want more emoticons.

Calls are with time lags - echoes.

quick messages, uploads of images and files, group interactions

"Great Voip service "

What do you like best?

Making international calls without having to buy phone csrds

What do you dislike?

The narrow user base. Had to inform people to install the app before I could call them.

Could connect with my family at no additional charge. Had a wonderful experience.

Viber review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to communicate across the globe"

What do you like best?

Very straightforward and allows for all sorts of media.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes connectivity lags a bit but all in all ok

Communication between different countries

Learning about Viber?

* We monitor all Viber reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.