Video Scribe

3.6

VideoScribe enables users to make their own whiteboard videos without complicated software, stop-motion animation or professional help.

Work for Video Scribe?

Learning about Video Scribe?

Video Scribe Reviews

Showing 18 Video Scribe reviews
Video Scribe review by Maria Clara D.
Maria Clara D.

"Excellent program for quick, simple videos on a budget"

What do you like best?

The ease of importing materials and setting keyframes/animations as well as changing things on the fly.

What do you dislike?

Some vector objects end up with a jagged stroke around them, and if you ever need to edit a frame/animation under a different frame you edited already there's no auto transparency so you're sort of flying blind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford After Effects you'll get a lot more out of it- but this is wonderful for someone who may not have the time, money, or creative chops (or footage) to really sink the time into it. A designer/developer that has some good creative skills can really flex this simple program to the max and make it look far more polished than a 'simple' drag and drop tool.

We often need to do pitch decks, but PPT was getting a little tired and we don't have the budget to employ someone to take time to make something in After Effects. Enter Video Scribe- a perfect solution. Obviously it doesn't have the same extension animation features as a more robust program, but it's quick, saving us time and money while allowing us to put rich, new content out, and we've already seen a boost in new business SIMPLY based on some of the videos which we now include in presenting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Video Scribe
Video Scribe review by Tobias V.
Tobias V.

"Fast and interactive work."

What do you like best?

Great Software makes your work full of fun. I have strong contact with my audience. I like that they are really enjoying to hear me. Very good way to concentrate all audience on my speech.

What do you dislike?

I will be honest. It is really great software but to make it more powerful will be great to add to our presentation a sound or video clips. Generally, the product is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Software. Great video. Also, it is perfect to make your own media. Very easy to set up. Great tools to make your videos. And make them totally different from each other.

I guess it is wonderful education platform. With it, I can increase knowledge of my audience. With this program, all users can get all information quicker. After that sales market will work better. Big helper to a company.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Video Scribe review by Rita T.
Rita T.

"Work with Fun"

What do you like best?

I like to work with this wonderful software. It's helped me to work with my audience. Makes my speech effective.Very simple to use and the videos really look so nice.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to say that I dislike but it looks like something missing like sound or maybe music. I don't know is it possible to improve but will be nice to be with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely will recommend it. Very nice videos, you can easily use it and more nice that all your new creating videos will be so different which will make your job more interesting.

To have and to build prospects, very nice to educate employees, with this software they will learn more faster. and then they can sell more and quicker.

Video Scribe review by Lindsay P.
Lindsay P.

"Easy Enough Interface, Wish More Came Standard"

What do you like best?

Videoscribe allows us to make brief videos for our clients to use on their website and in marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy way to search for a specific artist in the image directory. Several clients want a similar feel throughout the video and having to back track, find an image that is not purchased by the same artist, then click on the artist name and browse is a bit annoying.

Also, I accidentally deleted an image from my library once and unfortunately there is no way to get I back in the library so I have to REMEMBER what video it was in and copy and paste it around... I paid for it, it shouldn't be that easy to delete and impossible to get back.

Also, I wish more quality images came standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The image library isn't as extensive as I wish. If you are planning on using the same purchased images over and over or not super concerned about high quality looking products, then it's fine.

It does what it needs to, I just wish I didn't have to buy extras constantly.

I am solving the need to buy more extensive video editing and making programs. This is cost effective for us and the client.

Video Scribe review by John N.
John N.

"Read the Company Policy on Refunds Carefully"

What do you like best?

The overall service is good and it's easy to use once you become familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

My complaint is their policy for refunds. The bill you annually and send out two emails before the next annual bill. In my case, the emails went to the spam filter. - For two 3 years. Shame on me for not catching it. If you don't cancel before the next due date or even miss the cutoff by one day they will charge you full price for the next year. No exceptions to their policy. Maybe they should consider prorating their service?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the Refund policy.

Creating quick and simple videos for training

Video Scribe review by User

"A simple video creation tool with eye-catching animation features"

What do you like best?

Video Scribe makes it easy to create quick and fun business videos without much technical knowledge about video editing. The menus and options are relatively straightforward with instructions next to buttons and settings options. Most of the adjustments to the video assets, such as images and text, only require you to drag various parts of the assets to adjust sizes, position or rotation. One of the main features of Video Scribe is its ability to animate the drawing of text and certain graphics. This effect is very eye-catching and helps the viewer follow along with the content of the video.

What do you dislike?

I think the overall video editing capabilities of Video Scribe are somewhat limited. Even though one of the main features of these features is the animated drawing and movements, I feel they should be able to provide tools that allow users to position items in precise locations or at least display information about size and location. The effects that Video Scribe can execute are more commonly seen in videos nowadays, so I think you have to spend more time to create VS animations that stands out and looks unique.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend potential Video Scribe users to also consider using other video editing software together with Video Scribe. This should allow you to have more control over placements and timing. Also, if you don't like the hand graphic that Video Scribe provides, you can actually use your own hand image or import a blank PNG file to make the hand disappear.

We can use Video Scribe to create simple videos that have a unique flare compared to many videos out there that just show images, video footage and text captions. Since Video Scribe is pretty easy to use with clear instructions and tutorials, several people on our staff can use it create or edit videos. We don't have to rely on a video editing specialist to create a quick and captivating video for demonstrating or marketing something on social media or our website.

Video Scribe review by User

"An easy way to create fun and engaging presentations and marketing videos"

What do you like best?

Video Scribe's user interface and controls are very straightforward and don't have the confusing collection of windows and panels that many other video editing software have. Adding images and video clips to a Video Scribe project is easily done through the importing tool. The imported assets appear right on the project stage where you can immediately resize them by dragging their corners or move them around the stage by dragging their bodies. We can simply enter the animation details in a panel right below the stage or click into an asset to set things like animation times, pause times and font styles.

What do you dislike?

Video Scribe isn't a great platform for making fine adjustments. For example, you aren't able to see precise size and position details. So if you need to move things to exact locations with exact sizes, you can't adjust the pixels or X and Y coordinates as you can commonly do in other video editing software. The pricing is also a bit hefty for software that has limited editing capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using Video Scribe in conjunction with other video editing software to make fine adjustments. Using a different video editor to combine Video Scribe videos and other assets gives us more control over the timing of videos and allows us to make future adjustments more easily.

Our team has been able to quickly create dynamic videos that capture viewers' attention and had most people following along closely to the content in the videos. We received lots of positive feedback from viewers and converted many sales that we promoted with the Video Scribe videos. Being so easy to use has been a huge plus as we've been able to save lots of time and money from having to work on videos with standard editing software or having to hire professional editing personnel.

Video Scribe review by Olga A.
Olga A.

"Quite a decent software for self-made whiteboard videos"

What do you like best?

It's more or less intuitive to use. Although it has a limited image library (you can buy more extra, though), the range of effects and customization options is quite wide. It even provides a sound library - you can add some royal-free music to your video, and the music is quite OK I must say. I also like a lot that you can actually stop the subscription if you don't need the software for the time being and renew it when you need it again without any hustle.

What do you dislike?

The software has obviously some bugs as it froze several times during editing. I think it was probably because I had to go back the movie frame multiple times within a very short period of time. The worst thing was, though, that if it froze, I couldn't save any changes. Which meant that any editing work I'd done was for nothing. Also, they support only SVG files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You certainly need some time to get comfortable with the software. Invest some time into watching the several tutorials that are provided on their website - they are very very helpful. If you don't find the images you need (and you have an Adobe Illustrator + know how to use it), don't hurry to buy extra images - you can create your own SVGs and import into the software. In fact, considering that this is a self-service tool, it offers a lot and produces really good videos. I would certainly use it again when needing a whiteboard video again.

We wanted to create a whiteboard product video. Since we are quite small, we didn't want to hire an agency. So, I went looking for a self-service software and found Video Scribe. I signed up for the trial and found that it was a) easy to use, b) produced exactly what I was looking for.

Video Scribe review by User

"Can make videos more fun and engaging "

What do you like best?

This software is pretty easy to use and even less tech savvy people can get started quickly. You basically just import photos then add text with built in tools. The software basically does all the rest. You can move the text around and resize it to however you like and change the timing of the writing to suit your project. The pricing isn't too bad. It can make your videos more dynamic and memorable.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a way for there to be a transparent background so we can layer the videos over other videos. Right now we use a green background then key the green out, but the results aren't really ideal. There may be a better way to add transparency but I haven't figured it out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is used by many, so it's out there and not something new. If you're creative enough you can use this to create some unique and dynamic videos that standout. If you're not too tech savvy but want to make videos that get people's attention, then this is a great tool.

We can create entertaining and informative videos quickly. Viewers respond more to our content developed with Video Scribe. You can create standalone videos or import them into your other video projects. We gotten great feedback on our videos and promotions.

Video Scribe review by Ainsley P.
Ainsley P.

"Clunky"

What do you like best?

I like the whiteboard simulation of videoscribe. You're able to add text, photos, graphs, and it's incredibly easy to use. Children would be able to create school projects using it with ease.

What do you dislike?

The program is incredibly clunky. It lags constantly, and the text is very fuzzy even when you export it. The only text that isn't blurry is the "Basic" font, and Sparkol offers no EASY fix for this. However, if you've got 6 hours and you're desperate, you can create your own SVG graphics of the text using Adobe Illustrator, and upload it to the program yourself. Uh, no thanks. There should be an easier way to fix this, and Sparkol has ignored it for years. When I came across this problem, I found FAQ's from people talking about the same issue...in 2012. And Sparkol STILL has no other solution to fuzzy text other than the ridiculous DIY version. They've talked about fixing the problem for years and they've still yet to prove themselves and actually do it. No matter how big or small you make the text the issue is still present. How are you supposed to create a professional whiteboard style video with fuzzy text? You also can't make more than one object react at a time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Videoscribe is the only program of its kind, but it has its downsides. You can create whiteboard style videos in Microsoft Powerpoint just as easily

It's a nice program to use for small videos with lots of graphics instead of text (because of the above fuzzy text issue). You could create an eye catching video with lots of graphics and a voiceover to solve the fuzzy text issue too.

Video Scribe review by Irfan R.
Irfan R.

"Awesome free whiteboard tool for beginners and startups"

What do you like best?

The variety of items present in gallery helps to create every story by providing all types of characters and clip arts.

What do you dislike?

The time frame in the bottom shown is not that much user friendly and it becomes very tough to manage the clips in the time frame if you are going for a video more than 40 clips.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Startups who are willing to explain their business model using whiteboard must use this software. The good point is that you need not go for full version. You can evaluate it as trial and can create as many video as you want with vast majority of available gallery. However the free version puts watermarc in the video and limits the quality to 480p. But I hope this much is fine for early age startups.

I am having startup and like me every startups has to show their business model using 2 min video. Video scribe made it easy for me in free of cost.

Video Scribe review by Hugh H.
Hugh H.

"Interesting product but it has a confusing UI. "

What do you like best?

Ability to produce simple whiteboard videos on a PC without using camera capture. Included library of visual elements provides ability to produce whiteboard videos on many standard topics.

What do you dislike?

UI is a bit confusing and time consuming to use. Importing and using custom Illustrator files is quite cumbersome. Many of the best elements available in their standard library cost extra - including many commonly-needed elements. Many of the elements have a goofy or silly look to them and this makes them hard to use to cover a serious topic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find an alternative. There are lots of other packages on the market that provide similar functionality. This is really nothing special. This company's customer service is poor.

Making explanatory whiteboard videos for use on a website for a technology service offering.

Video Scribe review by G2 Crowd User in Photography
G2 Crowd User in Photography

"Awesome, great fun, easy to use and a joy to work on."

What do you like best?

Love the animation potential. It's so easy to use and there are so many great VS tutorials for all the things I get stuck with. Every video looks great no matter how long or short. There is great freedom with the animation so every video can't be totally unique.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the fact you can't edit your music. Also when you import your own graphic you can't draw it in the same way as you can there own images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% worth a try. So simple to use and the videos look very effective. They are brilliant for connecting with your audience. The only issues is you don't have massive of freedom with the sound on VS. It would be great if you could edit your track on the software. (You can render it as a movie file and edit the music in other programs). Other than the sound issue VS is a fantastic program for a vast amount of projects.

These videos are great people pleasers. Everyone finds them fun and easy to watch and understand. It's been a great way to connect with people online. You can convey your message / news in a way that is fun for people.

Video Scribe review by Mark V.
Mark V.

"So easy to use!"

What do you like best?

This is a terrific program! I never thought I could so easily create engaging video content without extensive training. You can create a very professional whiteboard video in no time! I love how HUGE the library of free assets are. I was able to find everything I needed right in the program.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the font import function needs some work. Some of my fonts get cut off.

Our company is going to save so much money creating these videos in house. No more outsourcing to expensive videographers and designers.

Video Scribe review by User in Internet

"Had a few great qualities, but needs some improvement"

What do you like best?

Videoscribe focused a lot on the animated tutorial videos. The videos are pretty sleek looking, but the interface takes some time to get accustomed to. We are now able to create sophisticated, professional videos that really show our clients and customers that we take pride in what we do!

What do you dislike?

The platform to build the videos with was not the most intuitive and seemed to have a decent learning curve. Some of the "hands" that are used for the animated tutorials are a bit hokey, but other than that it looks really solid.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Takes a bit of time to learn how to use the product, but in the end Videoscribe seems to be well worth the price. I'd suggest Videoscribe for beginners who are attempting to learn how to use animation creators for business and/or for personal use.

Videoscribe is perfect for ad creation or tutorials. You can create your own video, set some music to it, and publish the work to post freely throughout your various social media accounts. It's really that simple!

This video platform is helping us create business tutorials and advertisements for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. We also create and then use these videos for our Youtube page!

Video Scribe review by G2 Crowd User in Financial Services
G2 Crowd User in Financial Services

"Simple but limited"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of how it works, it is very simple to use. A lot of the work is done for you, all you have to do is apply the setting or style you want.

What do you dislike?

The type of video you can use the program to make is limited. The illustrations are also limited unless you purchase additional illustrations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just want to make a simple video without sound, this is a good option. It does have a sound recording option, but the quality is not spectacular.

Video Scribe is an inexpensive way to create a professional looking video. It is great to create a sound-less video with because now some 80% of Facebook videos are viewed without sound.

Video Scribe review by Elysia D.
Elysia D.

"Fun and easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that I can make a video for less than what I would pay a third party.

What do you dislike?

I would like more designs to be added and updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Skip paying someone to white board for you. This makes it easy and fun.

It makes for a good explainer video for our customers.

Video Scribe review by User in International Affairs
User in International Affairs

"This is a great video making tool"

What do you like best?

This is the easiest video making tool I have ever used. Self guiding.

What do you dislike?

Getting started with the tool takes long

Recommendations to others considering the product

Could add more details to the user guide.

Making marketing and introductory videos. It is easy so we do not have to hire professionals for basic videos

Learning about Video Scribe?

* We monitor all Video Scribe reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.