Video Scribe

VideoScribe enables users to make their own whiteboard videos without complicated software, stop-motion animation or professional help.

Work for Video Scribe?

Learning about Video Scribe?

Video Scribe Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 16 Video Scribe reviews
Video Scribe review by <span>Maria Clara D.</span>
Maria Clara D.

"Excellent program for quick, simple videos on a budget"

What do you like best?

The ease of importing materials and setting keyframes/animations as well as changing things on the fly.

What do you dislike?

Some vector objects end up with a jagged stroke around them, and if you ever need to edit a frame/animation under a different frame you edited already there's no auto transparency so you're sort of flying blind.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford After Effects you'll get a lot more out of it- but this is wonderful for someone who may not have the time, money, or creative chops (or footage) to really sink the time into it. A designer/developer that has some good creative skills can really flex this simple program to the max and make it look far more polished than a 'simple' drag and drop tool.

We often need to do pitch decks, but PPT was getting a little tired and we don't have the budget to employ someone to take time to make something in After Effects. Enter Video Scribe- a perfect solution. Obviously it doesn't have the same extension animation features as a more robust program, but it's quick, saving us time and money while allowing us to put rich, new content out, and we've already seen a boost in new business SIMPLY based on some of the videos which we now include in presenting.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Video Scribe
Video Scribe review by <span>Tobias V.</span>
Tobias V.

"Fast and interactive work."

What do you like best?

Great Software makes your work full of fun. I have strong contact with my audience. I like that they are really enjoying to hear me. Very good way to concentrate all audience on my speech.

What do you dislike?

I will be honest. It is really great software but to make it more powerful will be great to add to our presentation a sound or video clips. Generally, the product is good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Software. Great video. Also, it is perfect to make your own media. Very easy to set up. Great tools to make your videos. And make them totally different from each other.

I guess it is wonderful education platform. With it, I can increase knowledge of my audience. With this program, all users can get all information quicker. After that sales market will work better. Big helper to a company.

What Video Editing solution do you use?

Video Scribe review by <span>Rita T.</span>
Rita T.

"Work with Fun"

What do you like best?

I like to work with this wonderful software. It's helped me to work with my audience. Makes my speech effective.Very simple to use and the videos really look so nice.

What do you dislike?

I don't want to say that I dislike but it looks like something missing like sound or maybe music. I don't know is it possible to improve but will be nice to be with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely will recommend it. Very nice videos, you can easily use it and more nice that all your new creating videos will be so different which will make your job more interesting.

To have and to build prospects, very nice to educate employees, with this software they will learn more faster. and then they can sell more and quicker.

Video Scribe review by <span>Lindsay P.</span>
Lindsay P.

"Easy Enough Interface, Wish More Came Standard"

What do you like best?

Videoscribe allows us to make brief videos for our clients to use on their website and in marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an easy way to search for a specific artist in the image directory. Several clients want a similar feel throughout the video and having to back track, find an image that is not purchased by the same artist, then click on the artist name and browse is a bit annoying.

Also, I accidentally deleted an image from my library once and unfortunately there is no way to get I back in the library so I have to REMEMBER what video it was in and copy and paste it around... I paid for it, it shouldn't be that easy to delete and impossible to get back.

Also, I wish more quality images came standard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The image library isn't as extensive as I wish. If you are planning on using the same purchased images over and over or not super concerned about high quality looking products, then it's fine.

It does what it needs to, I just wish I didn't have to buy extras constantly.

I am solving the need to buy more extensive video editing and making programs. This is cost effective for us and the client.

Video Scribe review by <span>John N.</span>
John N.

"Read the Company Policy on Refunds Carefully"

What do you like best?

The overall service is good and it's easy to use once you become familiar with it.

What do you dislike?

My complaint is their policy for refunds. The bill you annually and send out two emails before the next annual bill. In my case, the emails went to the spam filter. - For two 3 years. Shame on me for not catching it. If you don't cancel before the next due date or even miss the cutoff by one day they will charge you full price for the next year. No exceptions to their policy. Maybe they should consider prorating their service?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the Refund policy.

Creating quick and simple videos for training

Video Scribe review by <span>Olga A.</span>
Olga A.

"Quite a decent software for self-made whiteboard videos"

What do you like best?

It's more or less intuitive to use. Although it has a limited image library (you can buy more extra, though), the range of effects and customization options is quite wide. It even provides a sound library - you can add some royal-free music to your video, and the music is quite OK I must say. I also like a lot that you can actually stop the subscription if you don't need the software for the time being and renew it when you need it again without any hustle.

What do you dislike?

The software has obviously some bugs as it froze several times during editing. I think it was probably because I had to go back the movie frame multiple times within a very short period of time. The worst thing was, though, that if it froze, I couldn't save any changes. Which meant that any editing work I'd done was for nothing. Also, they support only SVG files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You certainly need some time to get comfortable with the software. Invest some time into watching the several tutorials that are provided on their website - they are very very helpful. If you don't find the images you need (and you have an Adobe Illustrator + know how to use it), don't hurry to buy extra images - you can create your own SVGs and import into the software. In fact, considering that this is a self-service tool, it offers a lot and produces really good videos. I would certainly use it again when needing a whiteboard video again.

We wanted to create a whiteboard product video. Since we are quite small, we didn't want to hire an agency. So, I went looking for a self-service software and found Video Scribe. I signed up for the trial and found that it was a) easy to use, b) produced exactly what I was looking for.

Learning about Video Scribe?

* We monitor all Video Scribe reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.