VideoLan

VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols

Work for VideoLan?

Learning about VideoLan?

VideoLan Reviews

Showing 222 VideoLan reviews
VideoLan review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"VLC your best option to watch videos"

What do you like best?

I like vlc because it is a video player quite easy to use, and also VLC is able to compile several formats ASF, AVI, FLV, MP4, Ogg, Wav, MPEG-2 (ES, PS, TS, PVA, MP3) , MPJPEG, FLAC and MOV., And is managed in many operating systems such as Windows, Apple Platform, GNU / Linux, android, among others, which is an advantage for me since I use android phone and I can download from the store applications the VLC app for this system, one of the things that I like most about this player is that I can play, convert, broadcast and record content from my computer or from the Internet.

Another thing that I like about this reproductor is that I can raise the audio a little more 100% since when downloading movies from the internet sometimes do not have good audio or the audio is very low then VLC gives me an increase of an extra positive percentage that gives me an excellent audio.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I was a little disgusted is the basic and simple appearance that it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use VLC to the maximum advantage that is a free tool and with many things to contribute.

When working with video over IP VLC helps me to verify video multicas only connecting my computer to the shitch and opening vlc placing the routing protocol and multicas of the service that I want to verify, in the same way I have also been able to verify multicas of complete frames of several services of 36 megawatts of bandwidth.

Also when I have to show some video about any technology that I need to show in my office, getting it through vlc is the best.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VideoLan
VideoLan review by victoria g.
victoria g.

"VLC excellence in reproduction"

What do you like best?

I love VLC because it is a free browser I use it with several operating systems such as android, windows, linux, in short in all my electronic devices, besides this I am surprised by the great amount of reproduction formats that video lan provides me. I really like the option to record any video that is playing at the same time, super effective.

What do you dislike?

Videolan really seems like a great player, but if something we can improve it would be its appearance, since it is very simple and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend videolan without a doubt, save yourself those bad moments where you can not play your videos, and feel safe to live that wonderful experience.

video lan helps me in the moments that I need most to see videos of urgent form that my patients send me, since these can have any format of reproduction and video lan resolves me this type of inconveniences.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

VideoLan review by Oscar M.
Oscar M.

"Sencillísimo y útil"

What do you like best?

Es quizás el más simple y fiable de todos los reproductores, es rápido, note intenta instalar plugins o buscar derechos online de autor o letras, como hace el predeterminado por cierto sistema operativo... Es un reproductor limpio, que además, reproduce todo sin problemas, le das sus 3-4 segundos de carga y empieza a reproducir cualquier archivo de vídeo, esté en el formato que esté, eso desde luego es mucho mejor que la competencia, que suele fallar muchas veces con algunos vídeos, del formato mp4, avi o mkv.

What do you dislike?

No le veo pegas, es un reproductos bastante completo y fiable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplemente pásate a VideoLan, con este nunca tendrás problemas de reproducción de vídeos, podrás ver todos los vídeos que te manden sin necesidad de recurrir a otros o de convertir de formato el que no puedas ver.

Me lo recomendaron en el trabajo, que cambiara el wmp por este y efectivamente, estoy mucho más contento que con el otro, el wmp, este reproduce todo sin problemas, antes había vídeos que no podía ver porque fallaba, ahora ya no, ahora puedo ver todos los vídeos que me envían sin problema alguno.

VideoLan review by Pablo M.
Pablo M.

"Programa multimedia todoterreno"

What do you like best?

Es capaz de leer cualquier cosa y cualquier formato, lo mismo te lee archivos en línea, retransmisiones en directo, vídeos que no te reproducen otros reproductores (a pesar de tener todos codecs instalados), en definitiva, es un gran programa, al que no muchos le dan la importancia que debería, en mi opinión es el mejor y con diferencia, WMP por ejemplo apenas tiene la mitad de opciones de reproducción que Video Lan, en la empresa ya todos usamos Video Lan, hemos abandonado Windows Media Player, puesto que nos han dado muchos problemas de reproducción en programas, a pesar de tener los codecs instalados.

What do you dislike?

Quizás la interfaz podrían mejorarla un poco y modernizarla, porque desde hace 10 años que no se cambia y queda un poco desfasado, sobre todo cuando estás trabajando en un Windows 10 con tanto efecto de material design, pero son cosas menores, se le puede poner interfaces propias.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Con él no os tendréis que preocupar sobre formatos o archivos, aunque por si acaso, instalad Codec Lite.

Pues como he dicho en los pros, windows media player nos fallaba archivos que debería de leer, pero Video Lan no ha fallado nunca, así que nos hemos quedado con este programa.

VideoLan review by Brandon H.
Brandon H.

"The best media player"

What do you like best?

VideoLan is the bes media player I have ever used. It has a lot of codecs and support almost every audio or video type. Another good feature is the subtitle syncronization. This tool its free and open source , it is easy to use and it has a customizable interface. I also used the live video feature where you can input an ip/url and vlc will show the livestream

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this amazing app. After 4 years of use I can say this is one of the best app I have used

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Windows Media player you should install this software because it will help you a lot. It has a lot more options than the OS default media player and the best part is that is open source and free

I used it for media playing in my organization and I also used it in my personal life

VideoLan review by Alvaro G.
Alvaro G.

"The best option to play multimedia files"

What do you like best?

- The best caracerística, is that it reproduces all audio and video formats: (mp3, ogg, wav, avi, mkv, mp4 and many more).

- You can play internet streams and also play network files from other computers.

- It is open source and free.

- It is very easy to use: all employees use it without problem.

- You do not have to download any external codec to make it work.

- An exclusive feature of videolan is the ability to double the audio volume twice. This helps us to listen to videos that have been recorded with a very low sound.

- Possibility of integrating subtitles and other languages to video files.

- It is in continuous improvement with periodic updates.

- It is very light and easy to install.

What do you dislike?

- The interface could be more modern. It looks like a program from the 2000 era.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- It is the best video and audio playback software. Lightweight, with a basic and fast installation, without external downloads and with very complete functionalities for reproduction.

- You can improve audio and video to make it clearer or better heard.

- Lo utilizamos para probar todos los videos que cortamos y montamos. Tambien para hacer las presentaciones de los videos a los clientes.

- It is one of the first programs that we installed in our company, since with it we can reproduce 100% of multimedia files. With this, we save time in downloading codecs and other auxiliary programs to reproduce all the files.

VideoLan review by Milagros R.
Milagros R.

"Excelente reproductor de video y audio adaptado a los nuevos tiempos"

What do you like best?

Es un reproductor multimedia gratuito y de código abierto en constante desarrollo.

Está disponible para un gran parte de sistemas operativos existentes, además en múltiples idiomas.

La descarga de la aplicación es muy sencilla, una vez dentro de la web de la aplicación, en la dirección:

https://www.videolan.org/ y eligiendo y descargando la que corresponda a nuestro sistema operativo.

Así mismo su instalación es automática, sencilla y no necesita mucho espacio de la memoria interna de nuestro dispositivo. No instala ningún otro programa, ni extensiones ocultas que se inserten en el sistema

Lo mejor de videolan es que consume muy pocos recursos y es compatible con prácticamente el 99% de los formatos de video y audio que existen, con la comodidad de que la aplicación descarga lo que le haga falta para que el archivo multimedia se pueda reproducir.

Es muy sencillo hacer listas de reproducción o incorporar otras de otros programas ya existentes.

También es muy útil como se integra dentro de la red local en la que esté instalado, reconociendo automáticamente de los dispositivos multimedia disponibles.

What do you dislike?

Existe la posibilidad de utilizar múltiples "pieles" aunque su instalación es complicada al no existir un manual o tutorial adecuado para ello.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sería bueno tener un manual o algún tutorial para poder sacar partido a la gran cantidad de características que la aplicación posee.

He utilizado videolan muy a menudo para reproducir videos en la realización de cursos o prácticas asociadas a mi profesión.

Por su puesto también en mi tiempo de ocio tanto para mi ordenador personal como para mi smartphone.

VideoLan review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"Amazing player for videos, functional and flawless"

What do you like best?

An amazing player, opens all kinds of formats with great speed, even large ones, and in a fluid and stable way, contains many customization options and on top of that with free version, is the one that I use daily by default in all my computers even in android devices.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it both to companies, students and home users, as it is versatile, easy to use, convenient, free and very fast when it comes to reproduce any format.

We use it as a default player, also its video and audio synchronization function, we love to correct some errors with this type of bugs, includes it in its tools and is very useful for videos with delay.

VideoLan review by Victoria P.
Victoria P.

"Good video and audio experience"

What do you like best?

VLC is a multimedia player very customizable and does not require installation. You can download the portable version and it will not take up any space on your computer.

It is a program that allows you to view videos and also play music or any type of audio. Subtitles can be added, can be edited and manipulated. For example, it can be retransmitted or run to synchronize with the video.

The program has many features and options and it is not necessary to do facilities besides codecs or plugins to complement the program. Play all kinds of files.

Video quality is excellent, both high and low qualities.

You can add live video url and view them through the video player.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the interface of the program is so little taken care of. It's an excellent program, I think it would be good to take a little more care of aesthetics.

If the video occupies many GB, the program stops responding. I think that being a video, it should support large files. It goes without saying, that may influence the type of pc you have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program that is great both for professionals and for personal use. It is a free program that offers a large number of options and is totally customizable. I recommend 100%

We use VLC in our company to play, visualize and listen to videos and music. We have installed this program on all computers because it is a very reliable and high quality program. Never fail We use it in our daily lives as well as during meetings or presentations with our clients.

VideoLan review by Patricia X.
Patricia X.

"Fantastic video and audio reproductor"

What do you like best?

- It can open any type of audio or video file.

- It is not necessary to install codecs or other add-ons for both audio and video playback.

- The quality of the image is very good.

- Subtitles can be added and can be delayed or advanced to coordinate with the image.

- The volume of the sound is adjustable and can be increased more than the system allows with the equalizer.

What do you dislike?

-The interface is very old-fashioned.

- You have to be patient to learn how to use the program because it has many advanced options.

- Not suitable for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no program that can compete with it

-We use it in our company to open any type of audiovisual archive, both audio and video.

-All employees use this software because it is the best we have found on the market and it is free.

- Especially we like that there is a portable version so the installation of the program is not necessary and we save memory on the hard drive.

VideoLan review by Juanjo R.
Juanjo R.

"The king of multimedia players"

What do you like best?

-It is the best multimedia player in the market without any doubt, cause it plays all audio and video formats, including high definition and online streamings.

- It does not need knowledge to use it.

- It does not need knowledge to use it at a basic level, but it has many extra features such as: improving the image or sound, equalizers, entering or manipulating subtitles ... it has infinite possibilities!

- The installation is very simple. It occupies very little disk space and does not install hidden software. There is no need to download anything external, since everything is already included in the same installation.

What do you dislike?

- I find almost no flaws in this program, maybe the interface could be more modern, but this would affect the weight of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has no rival, there is none like it. You can use it at home or at work. Extremely recommendable

- At work we have it installed on all computers. It is essential. It is capable of playing any audio or video file, so it is not necessary to have different programs to do this task.

- Sometimes we also use it to play files on the ethernet network, saving the need to transfer them from one computer to another.

VideoLan review by User

"VideoLan: The All in One Media Player"

What do you like best?

VLC is a free and open source multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is completely Free and does not contain any spyware, ads, and user tracking. It runs on all platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android. It can play most codecs with no codec packs needed. VLC has the most complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronization, and audio-video filters. You can add skins or Create skins with VLC skin editor. It is able to stream media over computer networks and to transcode multimedia files. It allows you to easily upload your videos in different playlists so that you will be able to watch them back to back.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't find any difficulty in using VLC media player. It is easy to use and can play all format of audio and video files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend everyone to install VLC media player because it is user-friendly and has easy to use interface. It supports many audio and video compression methods and file formats, including DVD-Video, video CD, and streaming protocols. You can play any media format with VLC media player.

Switch to it, I bet you won't regret it.

I personally use VideoLan as the primary media player. It helps me to stream with my co-workers without lagging. VLC supports all audio and video formats. It helps me to play high-definition recordings so that I can easily show my videos to clients and co-workers.

VideoLan review by ROSA YURAIMA R.
ROSA YURAIMA R.

"The best video player, it has not limits"

What do you like best?

I can watch any kind of videos in VLC player because it does not have any restriction, you can play videos from more than 100 formats mp4, 3gp, wma, hd and more, and everything runs smooth and with good quality, the perfoming of the software is amazing and it is very lightweight and free. You can watch movies, videos of all kind and tutorials, you only need to download from pages like TED and later enjoy watching it and learning about it. In the oil and energy industry, this player can be very helpful to see the tutorials of the software that we use to design the pipelines.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little unstable especially with heavy files, like movies or videos in HD, and another mistake is that you need to configure your monitor, because the software does not autoset the definition and if you do not do this you can have some troubles watching your videos. Sometimes some videos are not reproduce correctly, it looks like the speed of the video is higher than the speed that the player support and that can be a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eveybody need to have installed in their computer and devices VLC player, because is versatile, useful, free and very lighweight.

We can download videos from courses, seminars and webinars and later check them to learn need processes in oil pipelines maintaining and safety, this software it is very useful because in the past we had to transform all the videos, but with VLC the only thing that we need to do is press play.

VideoLan review by Manuel G.
Manuel G.

"La calidad no tiene precio"

What do you like best?

Mucha gente piensa que el éxito de este programa se debe únicamente a que es gratis, pero obviamente esto no es así. Que sea gratis puede ayudar a que la gente lo instale en su ordenador, pero si el programa no es bueno, esa misma gente lo desinstalará con la misma facilidad. Así que la razón por la que muchos tenemos Videolan como principal (o único en mi caso) reproductor, es que es un gran programa.

Soporta todos, o casi todos, los formatos que existen en el mercado. Yo no he encontrado un archivo de vídeo que no haya podido ver en Vlc. Es extremadamente fácil de usar, se puede mejorar y personalizar con plugins descargables. Y estas son las verdaderas razones por las que hay un cono en casi todos los escritorios de ordenadores y otros dispositivos (porque existen versiones para todas las plataformas: Windows, Android, Linux, Mac,…).

Con el paso de las sucesivas versiones y gracias a esos plugins mencionados, ya no es solo un simple reproductor. Las versiones más recientesde este software también permiten realizar capturas de pantalla, o emitir en streaming, por ejemplo.

What do you dislike?

Por ponerle algún defecto, la edición de metadatos resulta un poco más compleja que en otros reproductores

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solo tienes que descargarte un simple archivo, que no contiene ads o programas adicionales, e instalarlo, para poder disfrutar del que posiblemente sea el mejor reproductor de audio y vídeo del momento. No veo motivo alguno para no hacerlo.

Tanto en el entorno empresarial como doméstico, siempre es una ventaja poder disponer de la mejor tecnología al mejor precio (gratis).

VideoLan review by Carlos T.
Carlos T.

"No hay archivo que se le resista"

What do you like best?

Este software es capaz de reproducir casi cualquier tipo de archivo, sea cual sea su extensión, Videolan te permitirá verlo. Desde hace años es la referencia de su sector, y el reproductor de vídeo y audio imprescindible para millones de usuarios, incluido yo, que lo utilizo desde hace ya muchos años sin que me haya dado ningún problema reseñable.

Su uso es de lo más sencillo: si lo tienes configurado como tu programa predeterminado para ver videos y audios, solo tienes que hacer doble clic sobre un archivo, y el programa se abrirá y comenzará la reproducción; si no es tu programa predeterminado, solo tienes que ir al menú “medio” y a “abrir archivo”. En ambos casos no tiene complicación alguna.

Además VLC también permite grabar lo que ocurre en tu pantalla y emitir vídeos en streaming, por ejemplo. Y todo ello de forma totalmente gratuita, ya que no cobran nada por el programa, y ni siquiera incluyen publicidad o componentes indeseados.

What do you dislike?

No es fácil decir algo malo de este programa. Tal vez podrían mejorar un poco la versión para móvil, que siendo buena, no llega al nivel de la versión para ordenador.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es sencillo de usar, muy eficaz y gratis. Difícil encontrar algo mejor.

Más que nada, consigue ganar tiempo, o más bien evitar que se pierda, al ser un programa que no suele fallar. Si se necesita ver algún archivo, sabes que no tendrás problemas, y que no tendrás que andar buscando alternativas.

VideoLan review by Sameer P.
Sameer P.

"The best Media tools the era has ever seen"

What do you like best?

VideoLan has many products which include open-source projects like VLC media player VideoLan Movie Creator and many professional tools like DVblast Multicat and x264. The best thing about VLC media player is it supports all the formats including the .flv and .dat. It contains all necessary codecs required. Switching over to VideoLan Movie creator is the non-linear editing software using libVLC under terms of GPLv2. Moreover to that it also provides students an internship opportunity at Google Summer of Codes. it is cross Platform based on VLC Framework and accepts almost all formats and the most important aspect that is cost.....oh common its totally FREE. The multicat is a package which contains all tools to easily and eefficiently manipulate mulicast streams in general.

What do you dislike?

Nothing can be completely perfect, VideoLan has tried to include all the features but it should also focus on broadcasting directly to YouTube and other broadcasting platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would Recommend VideoLan to all my colleagues as it is the leading Media Software Creator and personally I love using products of VideoLan

I have used VLMC(VideoLan Movie Creator) for making post-wedding shoots and VLC is used y default for media streaming.

VideoLan review by José María M.
José María M.

"Lo tiene todo"

What do you like best?

Este programa se puede decir que lo tiene todo, y no solo porque sea capaz de reconocer y reproducir cualquier archivo de audio o vídeo que podamos tener, sino porque además resulta que es totalmente gratis. No se le puede pedir más.

Incluso puede reproducir vídeos que no están completos, y aplicar efectos de vídeo y audio a los vídeos que quieras ver.

También es muy útil la opción de convertir el formato de los vídeos por si quieres verlos en otros dispositivos (como tu smartphone, por ejemplo).

Y si quieres aumentar la calidad de visionado de los vídeos de Youtube, puedes descargarlos directamente y verlos con VLC.

Aunque su función principal, y la que lo ha convertido en el reproductor preferido de muchos usuarios (como yo), Videolan también puede grabar y emitir vídeos en streaming, o hacer capturas de pantalla.

En definitiva, uno de los mejores (sino el mejor) reproductor del mercado.

What do you dislike?

A veces (poquísimas) se queda "colgado" al reproducir algún archivo, pero se reinicia y suele solucionarse. Nada importante.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nadie da más (prestaciones) por menos (dinero).

Es muy fiable y sabes que no va a fallar. Así solo necesitas tener 1 programa para verlo todo.

VideoLan review by Alberto S.
Alberto S.

"Sirve para todo"

What do you like best?

Desde hace tiempo Videolan es el único reproductor de vídeos y audios que utilizo, puesto que es compatible con todos los fomatos que utilizo: mp4, flv, etc.

Pero no solo es un reproductor más. Con los años este programa ha ido incorporando características diversas entre las que podríamos destacar, por su utilidad, la función de convertir archivos de vídeo y audio a distintos formatos, de forma que no tienes que instalar software adicional para esta tarea.

También puede grabar o hacer capturas, entre otras muchas cosas.

Como ves VLC sirve para casi todo, y es uno de esos programas imprescindibles.

What do you dislike?

En el programa para ordenador (windows) no hay nada que no me guste. En la versión para tablet (android) a veces no interpreta bien los gestos en la pantalla como subir volumen, o yo no los hago bien (que todo puede ser)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Como se suele decir: no hay que confundir valor y precio, y un programa puede ser gratis como Vlc y ser de lo mejor del mercado.

Evita tener diversas aplicaciones para realizar una misma tarea.

VideoLan review by Alberto A.
Alberto A.

"Mi único reproductor de vídeo"

What do you like best?

Después de haber probado unos cuantos, puedo decir que para mí este es el mejor reproductor de vídeos y audios de cualquier extensión (mp4, mkv, wmw, flv, ...). Es fácil de usar, ligero, y además es gratis.

A los programas para realizar actividades sencillas, lo que hay que pedirles es que no creen problemas innecesarios, y habiendo usado en miles de ocasiones VLC me sobran los dedos de una mano para contar las incidencias (solventables además) que me ha ocasionado.

Si necesitas ver vídeos sin complicarte la vida, este es tu software (no se queda colgado, no te ofrece actualizaciones continuas, no te "invita" periódicamente a donar,..., como hacen otros: cuando quieras ver tranquilamente una película, no surgirá ningún imprevisto.

What do you dislike?

Alguna vez me ha dado algún pequeño problema al añadir archivos con subtítulos, pero nada importante que no pudiese solucionar de inmediato.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Por facilidad de uso, fiabilidad y precio (es gratis) deberías elegir VideoLan.

Reconoce casi todos los archivos de audio y vídeo, así que evita tener que usar distintos reproductores en función del archivo que se quiere ver.

VideoLan review by Licex D.
Licex D.

"El reproductor de video más versátil que existe"

What do you like best?

La cantidad de formatos de audio y video que puedo utilizar en VLC es enorme, puedo reproducir audios en distintos formatos, y videos en mp4, wma, ultra HD, y muchisimo más, además de eso es un software gratuito con licencia GNU, puede ser descargado e instalado tantas veces como quieras en cualquier computadora que lo necesites. Es muy util para reproducir videos descargados de internet que no utilicen extensiones convencionales.

What do you dislike?

Puede ser un poco inestable, no reproduce listas de videos o audio, es decir, cada elemento debe reproducirse individualmente, la versión para Smartphone y Tablets es un poco anticuada y poco amigable, pide actualizaciones de manera demasiado frecuente lo cual puede ser un poco molesto, y algunos videos en HD no se reproducen correctamente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este es un programa muy útil dado que puede reproducir archivos de audio y video de múltiples formatos, además de ello es gratuito y accesible sin ningún tipo de limitaciones, les recomiendo que lo tengan en su computadora para reproducir videos de cualquier tipo y origen.

He podido descargar videos de plataformas de cursos como EDX y Coursera y luego utilizarlos en el trabajo para compartir el conocimiento con mis compañeros, tambien he podido descargar y reproducir documentales y charlas de TED Talks que son muy utiles y educativas, y videos de muchisimas otras paginas y en multiples idiomas, dado que puedo añadir los subtitulos a los videos fácilmente con un archivo con extensión txt.

VideoLan review by joe c.
joe c.

"The best free video player out there!"

What do you like best?

I have been using this video player for over 10 years now and I have to say it's my go to movie player for all my videos. I stopped using Quicktime and windows media player because they were more difficult to use or they could not play all the files that I had wanted to play. This one is super useful and you can add subtitles to your movies when you have the subtitles files. Most of the time, this product is used for personal use, but whenever I need to play a video that isn't already on YouTube for work, I download this player. There are options for video filters, video corrections, and audio filters.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I have disliked about the VLC media player. Everything has been smooth sailing. VLC media player doesn't burn or rip CDs but that can be expected since it's just a media player. If it did, then it would be a more complete audio/video software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software easily beats out QuickTime, Windows Media Player, WinDVD, etc.

We are using it to play interviews we have recorded at work. The benefits are that this software is quick to download and works flawlessly everytime!

VideoLan review by Cecilia N.
Cecilia N.

"Free video player that is essential for either Windows or Mac users"

What do you like best?

VLC is a free open source video player. It plays any format that I throw at it and has many options in the preferences to customize it to your liking. I utilize the hotkeys a lot when watching videos and can create playlists.

What do you dislike?

There are times I need to play video footage at a different speed. The playback controls are hard to use since you aren't given the option to specify the speed, such as 1.5x or 2x speed. I also watch video frame by frame quite often since I use videos as reference for animating and there is no way to by backwards frame by frame, only forwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through your preferences especially hot keys so you can customize the player so that you can watch videos more efficiently.

The ability to play many formats whether it be video or audio in VideoLan player. By solving these problems, I've saved time from having to download or use numerous applications. I can avoid having to switch between different programs.

VideoLan review by PJ M.
PJ M.

"Pretty awesome Open Source video Player"

What do you like best?

It can play just about anything without needing to convert it first. It is fast and efficient and can even re-encode video files into a myriad of different formats (great for quick format changes). It can also screen record your screen and record from an external device such as a camera or capture device. And it's networking tools, though I'm not an expert, are pretty powerful.

It is Open Source (meaning its free forever) which means it has a ton of extra plugins, support forums, and customization opportunities.

Though I've never used it for this, I've seen and been told that is can be used as a media library organizer as well (like an iTunes replacement).

Deployable (or portable) versions have been allowing the program to run on external drives like USB drives and CDs.

Not really much else to say, it really does what it says on their website and does it well, for the most part.

What do you dislike?

It needs some extra functionality, better interface, and fewer bugs. It still can't play some video files, nor can it play swf files, which I would really, really like.

It also is kind of intimidating to new users as it has no "introduction" screen or anything like that (not that it needs that though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you read up online if you need help.

It allows us to play, record, and preview older video file formats that we get from clients without cost or struggle.

VideoLan review by JOSE GREGORIO A.
JOSE GREGORIO A.

"Best way to play videos from many formats"

What do you like best?

The possibility to play videos from a huge amount of formats and extensions, VideoLan allows about more 130 formats and extension of music and video, besides it is free and you can install in so many computers of devices you want.

What do you dislike?

The app version is very slow and the interphase is very ugly for the user, in the pc version sometimes the software suddenly closed or stop working, and that is very annoying if your seeing a tutorial video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a software very useful and everybody needs in their computer, video is very versatil and you can use it without restriction and play a lots of formats without plugin or additional elements.

VideoLan is an excellent tool to play videos from many formats, and in the way in the company we can download a lot of videos to learn the new processes in the marketing and selling sector of construction, even we can download video from Coursera and EDX and learn new processes in Project Management.

VideoLan review by Carlos Eduardo V.
Carlos Eduardo V.

"Mi reproductor predilecto para ver series y peliculas"

What do you like best?

VLC media player es sin duda el mejor reproductor del mercado, debido a su alta compatibilidad con muchos formatos de audio y video. Tambien cuenta con las cualidades de poder editar muy generalmente la calidad y el formato de cada archivo aceptado por dicho software.

Muchos de los otros reproductores sufren muchos contratiempos con formatos de video o con adición de subtitulos, con VideoLan, olvídate de los problemas para subtitular lo que ves, pues este reproductor se especializa en ser rápido y con muy buenas características.

What do you dislike?

Es un reproductor de mucha competencia aunque cuenta con algunas debilidades notables, como ciertos problemas de auto-cerrado del software y también se puede apreciar que deja mucho que desear la visión del diseño de interfaz. Pudiese tener actualizaciones gráficas mas seguidas y más influyentes en el proceso de reproducción.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si sientes que tu reproductor convencional tiene muchos problemas para proyectar debidamente tus videos y que necesitas una herramienta útil con fácil acceso a subtitulo y con muchas características funcionales, cámbiate a VideoLan.

Videolan es un producto hecho para disfrutar de audiovisuales y también para aprender un poco acerca de formatos y procesos de reproducción. Con este software puedo decir que deje por completo los reproductores por defecto y ahora ha mejorado mi experiencia a la hora de reproducir videos enviados por compañeros de trabajo o socios.

VideoLan review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Truly Seamless Mobile Media Player: Video, Music & Word Docs - on any device"

What do you like best?

Our challenge was our own technology is designed to capture video content sharing from any device. Mobile devices are small screen relative to PCs/MACs and the mobile market demands speed,esp. since so much of mobile is WiFi. Any buffering at all and our audience will just stop sharing, stop viewing and move on... They also demand being able to view/share that video content "mid-view" and to start viewing on one device that would be able to continue at the exact point they moved over to another mobile device. The windows media players we were using could not adapt. VLC itself originated in France and is open source but you can license for commercial use and get the developer support for any customization you may need too. We did, then tested the end-user experience which was 99.999% flawless! Our VLC player "installs itself" even in the heterogeneous environments of PCs. The player install, being our customers 1st experience with our video content, assured them that moving from 1 device to the next would be as seamless, and it was! There's just no other truly seamless mobile media player than VLC. The end-user experience is everything when choosing a mobile media player. We've had zero problems using VLC and it's lightning fast, easy for our development team to upgrade and the global teams constantly developing this are the best in the world.

What do you dislike?

A year and a half ago, while we did build a MAC version of our VLC media player, building anything on an iPad is a totally different skillset. So we did have to wait several months for the iPad version, largely due to Apple's challenges around getting their latest iOS stable enough to develop on, though, which really wasn't anything our developers could do about..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set client expectations when Apple upgrades as the global VLC dev teams will always take several months to integrate, largely because development there is extremely complex. VLC is open source, so though there are many brilliant developers making great contributions, the testing still takes time. So, now that Steve Jobs is gone, Apple's release don't appear to be as flawless and even the extremely talented VLC developers struggle with figuring out integration. VLC truly does deliver a seamless mobile experience, lightning fast!

We needed the most seamless multi-media player on mobile devices we could find. we had been working with a WIndows media player but for smaller mobile devices our video content was buffering. Our target audience is impatient, and adoption was an issue. This was actually our first experience with VLC, and after literally 1,000's of test deployments with anyone we could get to try it for themselves we got 99.999% installs without any tech support calls and 100% of those viewed the full length of the video content we sent out which included moving between devices. Each time the video would stop right, then restart at the exact point it moved to the next device.

VideoLan review by Augusto P.
Augusto P.

"El mejor reproductor de video"

What do you like best?

VLC permite abrir prácticamente cualquier formato de audio y vídeo sin la necesidad de utilizar ningún tipo de codec o extensión, con VLC puedes reproducir un vídeo proveniente de cualquier plataforma sin limitación alguna, ademas de ello en caso que sea necesario puedes añadir los subtitulos correspondientes en el idioma que desees dado que con agregar solo el archivo .txt sobre el reproductor este lo reconoce y lo sincroniza con el vídeo que está reproduciéndose. La gran gama de formato que permite hace posible que cualquier usuario pueda reproducir sus vídeos sin ningún tipo de restricción de manera muy sencilla.

What do you dislike?

Como todo programa con licencia GNU tiene ciertas limitaciones, la principal es que el algunos casos es inestable para la reproducción de ciertos formatos, sucede mucho con el formato MP3 donde el programa se laguea y no permite reproducirlos, además de ello sucede algo muy particular, a diferencia de otros reproductores de música y video, no es posible crear listas de reproducción, así que cada archivo tiene que ir reproduciéndose manualmente y de forma independiente, lo que para algunos usuarios puede ser bastante molesto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pienso que VLC es un software que todos deberíamos tener en nuestra computadora de escritorio y tablet, puede ser que un día queramos ver o reproducir algún formato de video viejo o poco conocido y no podamos, pero con la cantidad de formatos que permite VLC nunca vamos a tener ese problema.

VLC nos ha permitido investigar información sobre el manejo de proyectos y el financiamiento dado que en muchos casos estos vídeos son creados en formatos poco conocidos como FLV y el software los reproduce sin ningún inconveniente, ademas de ello, la posibilidad de añadir subtitulos apoya en muchas ocasiones el entendimiento de explicaciones y ejemplos mostrados en los vídeos en una lengua extranjera.

VideoLan review by Connor R.
Connor R.

"VideoLan is good but unattractive. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy VideoLan is to work. All you have to do is drag and drop video files to the software and they will start playing. I also like how VideoLan remembers the videos that you have played in the past and saves them on a playlist for you to watch again. I also like how VideoLan works with many different file types.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most about VideoLan is that the interface is horrible. It is not appealing to the user and seems disorganized. I would like to seem more options for saving videos in different categories such as file type. I also don't like that some of the open source settings can be hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is easy to implement so you can see if it will work for you. It is worth giving it a try.

I mainly use VideoLan as a primary media player. VideoLan is beneficial because it is compatible with almost any media file type.

VideoLan review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"VLC Facil y Practico"

What do you like best?

Reproduce prácticamente cualquier formato de archivo multimedia que le arrojes. Codifica las transmisiones de salida. Reproduce radio por Internet y TV, se trata de software gratuito que además está apoyado por un competente equipo de profesionales que se esfuerza día a día por sacar nuevas actualizaciones.

What do you dislike?

no tiene efectos psicoacústicos como Trubass o iTunes Sound Enhancer, así que cuando el sonido lo requiere, cambio a Windows Media Player. La compresión, el ecualizador y el espaciador disponibles en VLC reducen demasiado el volumen en la configuración predeterminada y son demasiado complicados para la mayoría de los usuarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Como todos los usuarios del sistema operativo Windows terminan por averiguar tarde o temprano, el reproductor multimedia integrado en dicho sistema, el Windows Media Player, este abre los archivos correctamente, sin dar ningún tipo de error, otra de las ventajas de este programa es la gran variedad de formatos de archivo que es capaz de soportar, lo que le convierte en uno de los reproductores más completos del mercado. Cubre todos los formatos principales de audio (.mp3, .wav, .flac, .ogg etc.) y casi todos los de vídeo (.avi, .mkv, .mpeg, .mpeg-2, .flv, .mp4, etc.).

Un reproductor de medios versátil y gratuito que admite más formatos de archivos de video, puedo grabar y transmitir audio de diferentes videos, que realizo para presntacion con los diferentes clientes..

VideoLan review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"VLC is one of the best media players. "

What do you like best?

VLC is compatible with almost every file of video. I have not found a video file that will not work with it. I get a lot of video file from different clients and they are never in the same file formate. VLC makes it easy for me watch the files they send me. I also like how you can store your files in a media library.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about VLC. Sometimes I don't like how it will same your video file in the playlist. This can get confusing when I am trying to watch a group of video files back to back. I also don't like the internet section of VLC where they have radio and streaming directories. This seems like a pointless feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC is compatible with almost every video file. It is defiantly worth looking into if you need a good video player.

Video file viewing and converting.

VideoLan review by Marco L.
Marco L.

"Best media player ever"

What do you like best?

You have almost no need to install codecs for all different kind of multimedia files. I like useful tool to repair videos, grab frames and turn them in png files, video effects live. i like that you can stream live cameras into a projector or quickly open a dvd movie. It also offers a lot of additional plugins that can add features. Another great feature is that it comes for Windows, OSX, Linux and Android. Also the vlc team makes other applications like the skin editor and tv channel manager !!

What do you dislike?

Maybe the only thing that could be better is the gui interface design that seems a bit old. Another small part of the software that i can comment is that, sometimes, additional plugons are not as updated as the latest software or sometimes they run on 32 or 64 bit only. When you add too many of them the program may result a little bit ustable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is a great software, that's it!! IT replaces whatever media player you can use, it is compatible with multiple file formats and most important it has a lot of tools to work with multimiedia files. It can convert files to different formats, repair some features. You can grab frames from videos, play live camera contents.

We can display videos in class, attach a camera and show contents live. Teachers at school can easily switch from a dvd movie presentation to an attached camera live streaming.

VideoLan review by Anthony R.
Anthony R.

"Open Source, Highly Capable Media Player and Converter"

What do you like best?

VideoLan or VLC Player is a versatile media player - of all the standard video players, including DVD. But it's also an excellent converter, capable of encoding one format to another, for example, converting a file to MP4. There are versions for desktop, but also a phone app (I'm using the android version), and here, again, it's a versatile audio and video player. I play a lot of mp3 (audio) and mp4 (video) files on my phone, and I've found it to be stable and reliable.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a bit more intuitive - the desktop version can require a bit of poking around to find certain features, or even know where they are located. I also need to learn a little more about filters and other processing that are applied by default to video playback (I prefer un-"enhanced" playback of video, just as many of us prefer flat playback of audio without "helpful" EQ).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for reliability, versatility, and the knowledge that you have a robust support community, then I recommend you try VideoLan. It's a capable player and converter that should be part of your audio and video toolkit. If you find you can't properly playback media with another piece of software, then reach for VideoLan VLC, you'll most likely be pleased to find that it plays your file flawlessly.

VIdeoLan provides a reliable, open-source staple program for video playback. The knowledge that there is a robust open source community behind it instills confidence that it will be around and well supported because it has such an excellent following. As I work with video and audio, myself, I appreciate it as an additional production tool, at least for format conversion with a lot of control of the final export.

VideoLan review by Marcel K.
Marcel K.

"The all and everything player for audio/video files"

What do you like best?

In all the years that I use the VLC Media Player I havent had the case that that i couldnt play a video file. VLC does a great job in supporting all file formats available. This includes all audio formats. Also it is in general a very fast tool.

What do you dislike?

I really cant find any negative point about this tool. If I need to say something though, the default design is a little bit boring. But that is a really minor factor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can recommend it to everybody who needs to watch and edit video data at their business. Especially if there are different file formats and/or the files have a high memory usage.

We are often receiving high memory requiring video files. With VLC you can stream the first moments of them directly during the download, if we dont need that video we can delete it before downloading the whole file. Also a nice benefit is the easy editing feature for metadata.

VideoLan review by robben h.
robben h.

"vlc el avance"

What do you like best?

Podemos decir sin miedo a equivocarnos que este programa nos da acceso a un reproductor media que nos ayuda bastante a la hora de trabajar con terminales antiguos, como pueda ser en nuestro departamento, no disponemos de recursos suficientes para la compra de equipos nuevos, almenos solo compramos uno o dos nuevos al año, pero siendo tantos para que cambiemos de ordenador personal, tocamos a uno cada siete años, y con vlc hemos llegado a estar todos a la altura que esperaban los altos cargos de nuestra empresa

What do you dislike?

Lo unico que me desagrada de la aplicación es que no nos puede permitir editar un video o capturar una pantalla de manera eficaz como hacemos con otros reproductores

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es un programa gratuito, el cual nos permite la reproduccion de archivos media, tanto de video como de audio, bastante utiles para terminales antiguos, los cuales no sustentan un reproductor decente, dado su poco peso de informacion, la hace ideal para trabajar con terminales de poca memoria interna

Sin duda alguna es el mejor reproductor con el que he trabajado

VideoLan review by Richardson B.
Richardson B.

"King of king video king Videolan king of video software till now among any video software. "

What do you like best?

Any type of file .mkv,.aac,.cd etc any type of file this software run as well as edit equalizer for slow volume laptop and full view video show in desktop as well as laptop .all of are enjoying using this software .Here subtitle adjustment is there that is good for anyone who using subtitles for show video.

What do you dislike?

time by time it improvement as we think but more issues are there such as when we use in laptop in 100% more volume in this software this software damage our laptop speaker .and as well as i am when trying save playlist all my favorite songs that does not hold after restart my laptop.That type of issue are there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Videolan software always good for everyone using more year and i love this software graphics all type of file play in this software.

Yes,Business problems always solve our corporate life ,when our extra curricular activities and also when client come when we play our activities video in videolan it shows amazing in full view in projector.we are describing our total culture through this.

VideoLan review by Jesús R.
Jesús R.

"The only video player that supports different formats!"

What do you like best?

Video Lan is a free video player compatible with both Windows and Linux, Mac OS X, BeOS, BSD, Pocket PC and Solaris. It is capable of playing all formats of embedded video, audio, and video and subtitles and, in addition, allows you to see and hear any file you find on the Internet without having to download it to the computer first. It has several codec libraries that allow you to see all the existing file formats, except for FRAPS, RealMedia (.rm) and RealMedia Variable Bitrate (.rmvb) There is also the portable version of this program, which allows you to always carry it in your USB memory without having to install it on any computer.

What do you dislike?

Aesthetically has an interface too basic and ugly, but has skins for all tastes, if it had a cooler design, the interface would be great! If it covers most codecs but it may happen that you do not read any video and you have to search for the codec or change the format of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended to have a portable version on a USB so you can use it whenever you need it, it is really useful!

I work with graphic design and editing of viedeo, for which I always need a good player to show the video projects that are made in my work, and Video Lan has never left me wrong, reproduces correctly any video that I place in the , and even it also reads subtitles .str files.

VideoLan review by Ana C.
Ana C.

"No se le puede pedir más"

What do you like best?

No solo es un programa muy útil en cuanto a las conexiones que tiene, como poder acceder a retransmisiones en vivo (algo muy útil para ver la televisión por IPTV en horario de oficina y escucharlo con auriculares por bluetooth) si no que además puedes ver todo tipo de archivos de vídeo sin necesidad de cambiar entre programas, puesto que el resto suele dar problemas con ciertos tipos de archivo, por la codificación de los mismos, además, en retransmisiones en vivo, Video Lan puede aplicar un pequeño retraso y así evitar micro cortes que son muy molestos...

What do you dislike?

Quizás debería de tener una interfaz un poco más intuitiva en las opciones, pero poco más se le puede achacar de malo a este fabuloso programa totalmente útil y necesario, con el que puedes reemplazar sin problemas al archiconocido windows media player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tienes fallos para ver algunos vídeos en Windows Media Player, pásate a VideoLan.

Tal y como he mencionado en el primer párrafo, evitar los micro cortes en emisiones en directo y su versatilidad, o polivalencia, son lo que me hicieron escoger Video Lan porque soluciones esos problemas.

VideoLan review by Dalibor K.
Dalibor K.

"This is video player that runs everything"

What do you like best?

It can run everything you push to it, no matter if you have codecs installed or not. Does not matter what multimedia file it is: photo, video, audio, stream, etc. Supports even teletext on video streams!

What do you dislike?

User interface is not modern, it looks like it's design has not changed for 10 years (and it didn't).

Recommendations to others considering the product

User interface might be outdated, but features and reliability are superb.

It allows us to install it on any PC and not worry if it will be able to play any multimedia file we send to customer. We install it on managed PCs and on Managed smartphones (Android) and so far it was able to run every supplied multimedia file, no matter what codes is used.

VideoLan review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.

"It is better to see once"

What do you like best?

- Support for rare formats (eats everything) MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, AAC, FLAC and others;

- playback of network streams (eg radio);

- search for covers;

- Tag editor (metadata;

- Built-in file converter;

- Easily customizable equalizer, which you can either manually adjust or select one of the standard "wired" parameters;

- storing the history of running files and folders;

- can "customize" the expansion of the video file for a more comfortable viewing on your screen.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to start:

When you first open the program on your computer, you see not a convenient interface. Despite the multifunctionality of the program, it's not easy to get to some of its features.

It's quite difficult to switch to an external audio track when watching a video, let's hope the developers fix it soon. In addition, when I started my work with VLC media player, I ran into a rather unpleasant problem for me: global control did not work, even to pause it, I had to switch to the player window and do it manually.

As it turned out, the global keys did not work, because it was necessary to configure them, and the interface can be easily changed due to the many skins for the player, some of which can be downloaded easily and quickly from the official site of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is worth it to spend a few minutes and study the interface, settings. But in the future you will never have difficulties with video playback.

Preview of video lessons. During the educational courses, we record lessons and then put them in open access. With this player you can preview the materials. The player reads many formats, even exotic camcorder formats

VideoLan review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"It's not pretty, but it gets the job done"

What do you like best?

VLC plays everything. Anytime I cannot get a video file to open, I open it with VLC and it works.

What do you dislike?

It isn't overly user-friendly and it definitely isn't pretty. In reality the fact that it looks like it hasn't been updated since the '90s isn't a big deal since when you have a video open, you're probably not looking at the player anyway.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend some time to go through all of the features. There's a lot more than I realized even after years of using it.

I use it to do some light video editing. It is one of the easiest ways to work with videos off youtube.

VideoLan review by Robert  S.
Robert S.

"Good software to watch videos and listening to podcasts"

What do you like best?

It is a multimedia player that plays any type of video file without any problem and does not require the installation of codecs of any kind as other programs require. The installation of the program is very light and also has a portable version, which allows you to take it on your USB and play it on any computer.

It is a program that allows the modification of the audio of the videos or music through the equalizer. You can customize it to your liking to hear everything perfect.

You have the option of delaying or advancing the audio, which is very good for videos that do not have the sound well synchronized.

What do you dislike?

I did not find many negative aspects in the program because it is pretty good with what it does. The only remarkable thing is that its appearance is not very careful. It seems an old program despite being updated. They could improve a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free program that is worth trying, at least once. It should be taken into account that despite the neglected aspect it reproduces the videos to a high quality and supports all types of audio and video files, even the least used ones.

In our company we use this program on all computers to reproduce the videos we create for demonstrations to our customers.

It is a program that never fails and is compatible with a wide variety of audio and video extensions.

VideoLan review by Gautam A.
Gautam A.

"Watch Videos on VLC!"

What do you like best?

There are many things to like about the VLC such as its volume setting which is much better than other softwares that I have used for watching any video or even playing an audio. It also is compatible with the most types of video and audio files. That increases its usage compared to other softwares.

What do you dislike?

The video quality can be improved in VLC. Although its compatibility with different formats is much better, the quality of the video can still be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is an easy tool to use with some good benefits such as volume, subtitles and all.

As a GTA at an university, I sometimes use VLC to show some education videos, documentaries to my class. Again, given its compatible with most of the formats, it really never creates issues in running these files.

VideoLan review by Roberto V.
Roberto V.

"El mejor reproductor de todos los tiempos"

What do you like best?

Puedo ver cualquier tipo de videos en VLC Player porque no tiene ninguna restricción, puede reproducir vídeos de más de 100 formatos MP4, 3GP, WMA, HD y más, y todo funciona sin problemas y con buena calidad, el Perfoming del software es increíble y es muy lightwe y libre. Usted puede ver películas, videos de todo tipo y tutoriales, sólo tiene que descargar de páginas como Ted y más tarde disfrutar de verlo y aprender sobre él. En la industria del petróleo y la energía, este jugador puede ser muy útil para ver los tutoriales del software que usamos para diseñar las tuberías.

What do you dislike?

Puede ser un poco inestable especialmente con archivos pesados, como películas o videos en HD, y otro error es que usted necesita configurar su monitor, ya que el software no AUTOSET la definición y si usted no hace esto usted puede tener algunos problemas viendo su vide os. A veces algunos videos no son reproducirse correctamente, parece que la velocidad del vídeo es más alta que la velocidad que el jugador soporte y que puede ser un poco molesto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todos necesidad de tener instalado en su ordenador y dispositivos VLC Player, porque es versátil, útil, libre y muy lighweight.

Podemos descargar videos de cursos, seminarios y webinars y luego comprobarlos para aprender a necesitar procesos en el mantenimiento de oleoductos y seguridad, este software es muy útil porque en el pasado tuvimos que transformar todos los videos, pero con VLC lo único que necesitamos que hacer es presionar Play.

VideoLan review by victor s.
victor s.

"The best media player"

What do you like best?

VLC Media Player is without a doubt the best player on the market, due to its high compatibility with many audio and video formats. It also has the qualities of being able to edit very generally the quality and the format of each file accepted by that software.

Many of the other players suffer many mistimes with video formats or with addition of subtitles, with VideoLan, forget the problems to subtitle what you see, because this player specializes in being fast and very good features.

What do you dislike?

It is a player of much competition although it has some notable weaknesses, like certain problems of self-closed software and also you can appreciate that it leaves a lot to want the vision of the interface design. Could have more followed and more influential graphic updates in the playback process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel that your conventional player has a lot of problems to properly project your videos and that you need a useful tool with easy access to subtitles and with many functional features, change to VideoLan.

Videolan is a product made to enjoy audiovisuals and also to learn a little about formats and processes of reproduction. With this software I can say that completely leave the players by default and now has improved my experience when playing videos sent by co-workers or partners.

VideoLan review by Karl T.
Karl T.

"A versatile video player that works smoothly with many file types"

What do you like best?

This video player's ability to play a wide range of video and audio files is definitely it's strongest point. I've used it to play MP4, MOV, MP3, WMV, MPEG-2 and even DVD files. Using this player virtually eliminates the need to have to search for and install codecs to play with certain media files. Having to install codecs is not uncommon in other similar software. About the VLC player itself, it has a robust set of controls that allow users to change the aspect ratio, add subtitles and stream videos online.

What do you dislike?

The main issue I have with the VLC player is that the playback will get jumbled on occasion. It will typically get jumbled for a few seconds and then go back to normal. Also, the design of the interface doesn't look very modern. I would be nice to be able to easily change the skin of the player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The VLC player can definitely save you a ton of headaches by not requiring you to download codecs for videos to work. It's a great video player to have on hand when you need to show a video to someone and want to have control over the playback. You can use tools like playback speed, rotation, segment playback, loop and the audio equalizer to customize the viewing experience.

The VLC player allows me to playback media files that have been edited and is also useful for showing videos to clients and co-workers. When we have instructional videos or presentations that need to be shown to a group, we often rely on the VLC player to show those videos.

VideoLan review by John P.
John P.

"VideoLan easy to use and simple. "

What do you like best?

I like VideoLan because it is free and it has provided me the ability to play almost any video file. It also helps to optimize audio and video for different devices. You can easily use VideoLan with other streaming devices and there are multiple plugins that you can download to extend the features of the program.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the overall interface. I think that they could do some updating. I have also had problems a few times with playing DVDs. VideoLan also makes tagging video and audio files hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone that is considering videolan to give it a try.

I use videolan to play different video files. I have benefited by using videolan because I do not have to download different codecs to play certain files.

VideoLan review by Angel D.
Angel D.

"Compatible with all formats"

What do you like best?

This program is the solution you are looking for if you do not want to use the software programs that come with the operating system.

It is a lightweight program with low RAM consumption capable of playing all kinds of multimedia files.

This means that we won't have any problem when it comes to open any file and the computer will never be slowed down.

Additionally it offers streaming service, which can synchronize any radio station, view any podcast or broadcast our multimedia content.

At the time of reproduction we have the option to add or delete different audio tracks as well as different subtitling files. This program is about an all in 1.

What do you dislike?

The aspect with the greatest room for improvement is the aesthetic. The aesthetics of the program are very simple and place it behind other similar programs.

Its menus are simple despite offering very complex functions and has few options to use skins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take enough time to learn all features.

Multimedia business.

VIdeo and audio track edit.

Multimedia content and social communication.

VideoLan review by Iker  J.
Iker J.

"Nowadays the best media player "

What do you like best?

VideoLan also know VLC is the best video player that you can use in all computers. It's really fast and easy to use, also it's light weight, it's free and it's available for all operative systems.

It has some interesting functions, like the possibility of subscription a internet audio or video channel, like a network stream, or for example capture the video from an external camera. Another thing that the people don't know, is that you can load the subtitles to a video, and VLC synchronize the audio with the subtitles.

What do you dislike?

There are nothing bad for me. It do everything that I can need of a video player

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC is the best video reproducer, but the important thing is that you don't need any other application, VLC has all the codecs inside, and it's totally independent from third-party programs.

Usually we use VLC to reproduce some promotional videos of our products or from clients.

VideoLan review by Inga H.
Inga H.

"Hands down the best video and audio player"

What do you like best?

It’s compatible with literally all file types that I have seen in my life. It starts files quickly and reliably. And the best thing is that it is freeware. You don’t have to pay for it.

What do you dislike?

The feature to stream files is the only one that causes problems with my player. Sometimes it crashes it and I need to restart the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan player can be recommended from me to everybody who needs a reliable player for video and audio files. Be aware that some installers on the internet have third-party software that comes with them.

I use it for viewing video clips from our clients. These can be big files and I can watch them during the download process. This saves a lot of time at my daily work.

VideoLan review by Jafet Juan D.
Jafet Juan D.

"VideoLan (VLC) es un gran reproductor multimedia multiplataforma"

What do you like best?

VideoLan es una maravillosa opción para uniformar mis documentos multimedia. Frecuentemente uso esto para comprimir archivos y luego abrir con el mismo programa. Me gusta que pueda usarse en múltiples sistemas de forma adecuada, así que puedo enviar estos archivos a clientes con diferentes sistemas en ejecución.

What do you dislike?

VideoLan de vez en cuando parece un poco complicado al actualizar. Supongo que un motivo masivo para eso es la diferencia en video y documentos multimedia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aprende a usar VLC de la forma más ventajosa que sea un dispositivo gratuito y con muchas cosas para hacer una contribución.

Uso VLC para uniformar y comprimir mis moscas de video para que sean uniformes entre sí. Es una aplicación excepcional para tomar aquellas películas que pueden dañarse o estar incompletas además, y luego trabajar para resolver los problemas. Entonces soy capaz de enviar los videos a otros para su edición, almacenamiento, organización, etc.

Learning about VideoLan?

* We monitor all VideoLan reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.