VideoLan

VLC is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player and framework that plays most multimedia files as well as DVD, Audio CD, VCD, and various streaming protocols

Work for VideoLan?

Learning about VideoLan?

VideoLan Reviews

Ask VideoLan a Question
Showing 213 VideoLan reviews
VideoLan review by Richard G.
Richard G.

"VLC your best option to watch videos"

What do you like best?

I like vlc because it is a video player quite easy to use, and also VLC is able to compile several formats ASF, AVI, FLV, MP4, Ogg, Wav, MPEG-2 (ES, PS, TS, PVA, MP3) , MPJPEG, FLAC and MOV., And is managed in many operating systems such as Windows, Apple Platform, GNU / Linux, android, among others, which is an advantage for me since I use android phone and I can download from the store applications the VLC app for this system, one of the things that I like most about this player is that I can play, convert, broadcast and record content from my computer or from the Internet.

Another thing that I like about this reproductor is that I can raise the audio a little more 100% since when downloading movies from the internet sometimes do not have good audio or the audio is very low then VLC gives me an increase of an extra positive percentage that gives me an excellent audio.

What do you dislike?

Maybe I was a little disgusted is the basic and simple appearance that it has.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn to use VLC to the maximum advantage that is a free tool and with many things to contribute.

When working with video over IP VLC helps me to verify video multicas only connecting my computer to the shitch and opening vlc placing the routing protocol and multicas of the service that I want to verify, in the same way I have also been able to verify multicas of complete frames of several services of 36 megawatts of bandwidth.

Also when I have to show some video about any technology that I need to show in my office, getting it through vlc is the best.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VideoLan
VideoLan review by victoria g.
victoria g.

"VLC excellence in reproduction"

What do you like best?

I love VLC because it is a free browser I use it with several operating systems such as android, windows, linux, in short in all my electronic devices, besides this I am surprised by the great amount of reproduction formats that video lan provides me. I really like the option to record any video that is playing at the same time, super effective.

What do you dislike?

Videolan really seems like a great player, but if something we can improve it would be its appearance, since it is very simple and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend videolan without a doubt, save yourself those bad moments where you can not play your videos, and feel safe to live that wonderful experience.

video lan helps me in the moments that I need most to see videos of urgent form that my patients send me, since these can have any format of reproduction and video lan resolves me this type of inconveniences.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

VideoLan review by Alejo I.
Alejo I.

"El mejor software de video que he probado"

What do you like best?

La excelente alternativa para la reproducción de video Admite todos, o casi todos, los códecs que existen en el mercado A lo largo de los años, este programa ha incorporado diversas capacidades, entre las cuales debemos destacar, por su utilidad, la función de convertir documentos de video y audio a dispositivos únicos. formatos, por lo que ya no debe instalar software adicional para esta asignación. Un participante de video y audio potente y completo que sin cientos de formatos es capaz de jugar contenido excepcional, las variaciones modernas ya ayudan a 4k. No hay mucho más que decir. , hace absolutamente lo que dice en su sitio web y lo hace muy bien, para el elemento máximo.

What do you dislike?

Todavía no puede reproducir algunos documentos de video, ni tampoco puede reproducir documentos SWF, lo que simplemente me gustaría. La interfaz podría tener una corriente extra. Esto casi nunca ocurre aparte de eso, supongo que no hay ningún problema con VLC. VideoLan de vez en cuando parece un% complicado al actualizar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si realmente no necesitas una herramienta muy compleja para visualizar documentos en video, esta es tu aplicación, donde podemos ver en un montón de formatos de video con un solo producto No tiene rival, puede que no haya amor. Por lo menos, debido a el hecho de que VideoLan está suelto y no ocupa un grupo de espacio, por lo tanto, está equipado para descargarlo y estar listo en caso de que los jugadores no funcionen. Archivos fundamentales de video y audio. Si tienes fallos para ver algunos videos en Windows Media Player, compás un VideoLan.

Reconoce casi todos los archivos de audio y vídeo, así que evita tener que utilizar distintos reproductores en la función de archivo que se quiere ver. Es crucial. Es una aplicación que nunca falla y se combina bien con un amplio estilo de audio y extensiones de video. Con VideoLan puedo evaluar cualquier patrón de canción que mis empleados me envíen.

VideoLan review by Pablo M.
Pablo M.

"Programa multimedia todoterreno"

What do you like best?

Es capaz de leer cualquier cosa y cualquier formato, lo mismo te lee archivos en línea, retransmisiones en directo, vídeos que no te reproducen otros reproductores (a pesar de tener todos codecs instalados), en definitiva, es un gran programa, al que no muchos le dan la importancia que debería, en mi opinión es el mejor y con diferencia, WMP por ejemplo apenas tiene la mitad de opciones de reproducción que Video Lan, en la empresa ya todos usamos Video Lan, hemos abandonado Windows Media Player, puesto que nos han dado muchos problemas de reproducción en programas, a pesar de tener los codecs instalados.

What do you dislike?

Quizás la interfaz podrían mejorarla un poco y modernizarla, porque desde hace 10 años que no se cambia y queda un poco desfasado, sobre todo cuando estás trabajando en un Windows 10 con tanto efecto de material design, pero son cosas menores, se le puede poner interfaces propias.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Con él no os tendréis que preocupar sobre formatos o archivos, aunque por si acaso, instalad Codec Lite.

Pues como he dicho en los pros, windows media player nos fallaba archivos que debería de leer, pero Video Lan no ha fallado nunca, así que nos hemos quedado con este programa.

VideoLan review by Brandon H.
Brandon H.

"The best media player"

What do you like best?

VideoLan is the bes media player I have ever used. It has a lot of codecs and support almost every audio or video type. Another good feature is the subtitle syncronization. This tool its free and open source , it is easy to use and it has a customizable interface. I also used the live video feature where you can input an ip/url and vlc will show the livestream

What do you dislike?

I like everything about this amazing app. After 4 years of use I can say this is one of the best app I have used

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Windows Media player you should install this software because it will help you a lot. It has a lot more options than the OS default media player and the best part is that is open source and free

I used it for media playing in my organization and I also used it in my personal life

VideoLan review by Alvaro G.
Alvaro G.

"The best option to play multimedia files"

What do you like best?

- The best caracerística, is that it reproduces all audio and video formats: (mp3, ogg, wav, avi, mkv, mp4 and many more).

- You can play internet streams and also play network files from other computers.

- It is open source and free.

- It is very easy to use: all employees use it without problem.

- You do not have to download any external codec to make it work.

- An exclusive feature of videolan is the ability to double the audio volume twice. This helps us to listen to videos that have been recorded with a very low sound.

- Possibility of integrating subtitles and other languages to video files.

- It is in continuous improvement with periodic updates.

- It is very light and easy to install.

What do you dislike?

- The interface could be more modern. It looks like a program from the 2000 era.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- It is the best video and audio playback software. Lightweight, with a basic and fast installation, without external downloads and with very complete functionalities for reproduction.

- You can improve audio and video to make it clearer or better heard.

- Lo utilizamos para probar todos los videos que cortamos y montamos. Tambien para hacer las presentaciones de los videos a los clientes.

- It is one of the first programs that we installed in our company, since with it we can reproduce 100% of multimedia files. With this, we save time in downloading codecs and other auxiliary programs to reproduce all the files.

VideoLan review by Milagros R.
Milagros R.

"Excelente reproductor de video y audio adaptado a los nuevos tiempos"

What do you like best?

Es un reproductor multimedia gratuito y de código abierto en constante desarrollo.

Está disponible para un gran parte de sistemas operativos existentes, además en múltiples idiomas.

La descarga de la aplicación es muy sencilla, una vez dentro de la web de la aplicación, en la dirección:

https://www.videolan.org/ y eligiendo y descargando la que corresponda a nuestro sistema operativo.

Así mismo su instalación es automática, sencilla y no necesita mucho espacio de la memoria interna de nuestro dispositivo. No instala ningún otro programa, ni extensiones ocultas que se inserten en el sistema

Lo mejor de videolan es que consume muy pocos recursos y es compatible con prácticamente el 99% de los formatos de video y audio que existen, con la comodidad de que la aplicación descarga lo que le haga falta para que el archivo multimedia se pueda reproducir.

Es muy sencillo hacer listas de reproducción o incorporar otras de otros programas ya existentes.

También es muy útil como se integra dentro de la red local en la que esté instalado, reconociendo automáticamente de los dispositivos multimedia disponibles.

What do you dislike?

Existe la posibilidad de utilizar múltiples "pieles" aunque su instalación es complicada al no existir un manual o tutorial adecuado para ello.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sería bueno tener un manual o algún tutorial para poder sacar partido a la gran cantidad de características que la aplicación posee.

He utilizado videolan muy a menudo para reproducir videos en la realización de cursos o prácticas asociadas a mi profesión.

Por su puesto también en mi tiempo de ocio tanto para mi ordenador personal como para mi smartphone.

VideoLan review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"Amazing player for videos, functional and flawless"

What do you like best?

An amazing player, opens all kinds of formats with great speed, even large ones, and in a fluid and stable way, contains many customization options and on top of that with free version, is the one that I use daily by default in all my computers even in android devices.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it both to companies, students and home users, as it is versatile, easy to use, convenient, free and very fast when it comes to reproduce any format.

We use it as a default player, also its video and audio synchronization function, we love to correct some errors with this type of bugs, includes it in its tools and is very useful for videos with delay.

VideoLan review by Victoria P.
Victoria P.

"Good video and audio experience"

What do you like best?

VLC is a multimedia player very customizable and does not require installation. You can download the portable version and it will not take up any space on your computer.

It is a program that allows you to view videos and also play music or any type of audio. Subtitles can be added, can be edited and manipulated. For example, it can be retransmitted or run to synchronize with the video.

The program has many features and options and it is not necessary to do facilities besides codecs or plugins to complement the program. Play all kinds of files.

Video quality is excellent, both high and low qualities.

You can add live video url and view them through the video player.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the interface of the program is so little taken care of. It's an excellent program, I think it would be good to take a little more care of aesthetics.

If the video occupies many GB, the program stops responding. I think that being a video, it should support large files. It goes without saying, that may influence the type of pc you have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great program that is great both for professionals and for personal use. It is a free program that offers a large number of options and is totally customizable. I recommend 100%

We use VLC in our company to play, visualize and listen to videos and music. We have installed this program on all computers because it is a very reliable and high quality program. Never fail We use it in our daily lives as well as during meetings or presentations with our clients.

VideoLan review by Patricia X.
Patricia X.

"Fantastic video and audio reproductor"

What do you like best?

- It can open any type of audio or video file.

- It is not necessary to install codecs or other add-ons for both audio and video playback.

- The quality of the image is very good.

- Subtitles can be added and can be delayed or advanced to coordinate with the image.

- The volume of the sound is adjustable and can be increased more than the system allows with the equalizer.

What do you dislike?

-The interface is very old-fashioned.

- You have to be patient to learn how to use the program because it has many advanced options.

- Not suitable for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no program that can compete with it

-We use it in our company to open any type of audiovisual archive, both audio and video.

-All employees use this software because it is the best we have found on the market and it is free.

- Especially we like that there is a portable version so the installation of the program is not necessary and we save memory on the hard drive.

VideoLan review by Juanjo R.
Juanjo R.

"The king of multimedia players"

What do you like best?

-It is the best multimedia player in the market without any doubt, cause it plays all audio and video formats, including high definition and online streamings.

- It does not need knowledge to use it.

- It does not need knowledge to use it at a basic level, but it has many extra features such as: improving the image or sound, equalizers, entering or manipulating subtitles ... it has infinite possibilities!

- The installation is very simple. It occupies very little disk space and does not install hidden software. There is no need to download anything external, since everything is already included in the same installation.

What do you dislike?

- I find almost no flaws in this program, maybe the interface could be more modern, but this would affect the weight of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has no rival, there is none like it. You can use it at home or at work. Extremely recommendable

- At work we have it installed on all computers. It is essential. It is capable of playing any audio or video file, so it is not necessary to have different programs to do this task.

- Sometimes we also use it to play files on the ethernet network, saving the need to transfer them from one computer to another.

VideoLan review by User

"VideoLan: The All in One Media Player"

What do you like best?

VLC is a free and open source multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as DVDs, Audio CDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is completely Free and does not contain any spyware, ads, and user tracking. It runs on all platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix, iOS, Android. It can play most codecs with no codec packs needed. VLC has the most complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronization, and audio-video filters. You can add skins or Create skins with VLC skin editor. It is able to stream media over computer networks and to transcode multimedia files. It allows you to easily upload your videos in different playlists so that you will be able to watch them back to back.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't find any difficulty in using VLC media player. It is easy to use and can play all format of audio and video files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend everyone to install VLC media player because it is user-friendly and has easy to use interface. It supports many audio and video compression methods and file formats, including DVD-Video, video CD, and streaming protocols. You can play any media format with VLC media player.

Switch to it, I bet you won't regret it.

I personally use VideoLan as the primary media player. It helps me to stream with my co-workers without lagging. VLC supports all audio and video formats. It helps me to play high-definition recordings so that I can easily show my videos to clients and co-workers.

VideoLan review by ROSA YURAIMA R.
ROSA YURAIMA R.

"The best video player, it has not limits"

What do you like best?

I can watch any kind of videos in VLC player because it does not have any restriction, you can play videos from more than 100 formats mp4, 3gp, wma, hd and more, and everything runs smooth and with good quality, the perfoming of the software is amazing and it is very lightweight and free. You can watch movies, videos of all kind and tutorials, you only need to download from pages like TED and later enjoy watching it and learning about it. In the oil and energy industry, this player can be very helpful to see the tutorials of the software that we use to design the pipelines.

What do you dislike?

It can be a little unstable especially with heavy files, like movies or videos in HD, and another mistake is that you need to configure your monitor, because the software does not autoset the definition and if you do not do this you can have some troubles watching your videos. Sometimes some videos are not reproduce correctly, it looks like the speed of the video is higher than the speed that the player support and that can be a little annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Eveybody need to have installed in their computer and devices VLC player, because is versatile, useful, free and very lighweight.

We can download videos from courses, seminars and webinars and later check them to learn need processes in oil pipelines maintaining and safety, this software it is very useful because in the past we had to transform all the videos, but with VLC the only thing that we need to do is press play.

VideoLan review by Manuel G.
Manuel G.

"La calidad no tiene precio"

What do you like best?

Mucha gente piensa que el éxito de este programa se debe únicamente a que es gratis, pero obviamente esto no es así. Que sea gratis puede ayudar a que la gente lo instale en su ordenador, pero si el programa no es bueno, esa misma gente lo desinstalará con la misma facilidad. Así que la razón por la que muchos tenemos Videolan como principal (o único en mi caso) reproductor, es que es un gran programa.

Soporta todos, o casi todos, los formatos que existen en el mercado. Yo no he encontrado un archivo de vídeo que no haya podido ver en Vlc. Es extremadamente fácil de usar, se puede mejorar y personalizar con plugins descargables. Y estas son las verdaderas razones por las que hay un cono en casi todos los escritorios de ordenadores y otros dispositivos (porque existen versiones para todas las plataformas: Windows, Android, Linux, Mac,…).

Con el paso de las sucesivas versiones y gracias a esos plugins mencionados, ya no es solo un simple reproductor. Las versiones más recientesde este software también permiten realizar capturas de pantalla, o emitir en streaming, por ejemplo.

What do you dislike?

Por ponerle algún defecto, la edición de metadatos resulta un poco más compleja que en otros reproductores

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solo tienes que descargarte un simple archivo, que no contiene ads o programas adicionales, e instalarlo, para poder disfrutar del que posiblemente sea el mejor reproductor de audio y vídeo del momento. No veo motivo alguno para no hacerlo.

Tanto en el entorno empresarial como doméstico, siempre es una ventaja poder disponer de la mejor tecnología al mejor precio (gratis).

VideoLan review by Carlos T.
Carlos T.

"No hay archivo que se le resista"

What do you like best?

Este software es capaz de reproducir casi cualquier tipo de archivo, sea cual sea su extensión, Videolan te permitirá verlo. Desde hace años es la referencia de su sector, y el reproductor de vídeo y audio imprescindible para millones de usuarios, incluido yo, que lo utilizo desde hace ya muchos años sin que me haya dado ningún problema reseñable.

Su uso es de lo más sencillo: si lo tienes configurado como tu programa predeterminado para ver videos y audios, solo tienes que hacer doble clic sobre un archivo, y el programa se abrirá y comenzará la reproducción; si no es tu programa predeterminado, solo tienes que ir al menú “medio” y a “abrir archivo”. En ambos casos no tiene complicación alguna.

Además VLC también permite grabar lo que ocurre en tu pantalla y emitir vídeos en streaming, por ejemplo. Y todo ello de forma totalmente gratuita, ya que no cobran nada por el programa, y ni siquiera incluyen publicidad o componentes indeseados.

What do you dislike?

No es fácil decir algo malo de este programa. Tal vez podrían mejorar un poco la versión para móvil, que siendo buena, no llega al nivel de la versión para ordenador.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es sencillo de usar, muy eficaz y gratis. Difícil encontrar algo mejor.

Más que nada, consigue ganar tiempo, o más bien evitar que se pierda, al ser un programa que no suele fallar. Si se necesita ver algún archivo, sabes que no tendrás problemas, y que no tendrás que andar buscando alternativas.

VideoLan review by Sameer P.
Sameer P.

"The best Media tools the era has ever seen"

What do you like best?

VideoLan has many products which include open-source projects like VLC media player VideoLan Movie Creator and many professional tools like DVblast Multicat and x264. The best thing about VLC media player is it supports all the formats including the .flv and .dat. It contains all necessary codecs required. Switching over to VideoLan Movie creator is the non-linear editing software using libVLC under terms of GPLv2. Moreover to that it also provides students an internship opportunity at Google Summer of Codes. it is cross Platform based on VLC Framework and accepts almost all formats and the most important aspect that is cost.....oh common its totally FREE. The multicat is a package which contains all tools to easily and eefficiently manipulate mulicast streams in general.

What do you dislike?

Nothing can be completely perfect, VideoLan has tried to include all the features but it should also focus on broadcasting directly to YouTube and other broadcasting platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would Recommend VideoLan to all my colleagues as it is the leading Media Software Creator and personally I love using products of VideoLan

I have used VLMC(VideoLan Movie Creator) for making post-wedding shoots and VLC is used y default for media streaming.

VideoLan review by José María M.
José María M.

"Lo tiene todo"

What do you like best?

Este programa se puede decir que lo tiene todo, y no solo porque sea capaz de reconocer y reproducir cualquier archivo de audio o vídeo que podamos tener, sino porque además resulta que es totalmente gratis. No se le puede pedir más.

Incluso puede reproducir vídeos que no están completos, y aplicar efectos de vídeo y audio a los vídeos que quieras ver.

También es muy útil la opción de convertir el formato de los vídeos por si quieres verlos en otros dispositivos (como tu smartphone, por ejemplo).

Y si quieres aumentar la calidad de visionado de los vídeos de Youtube, puedes descargarlos directamente y verlos con VLC.

Aunque su función principal, y la que lo ha convertido en el reproductor preferido de muchos usuarios (como yo), Videolan también puede grabar y emitir vídeos en streaming, o hacer capturas de pantalla.

En definitiva, uno de los mejores (sino el mejor) reproductor del mercado.

What do you dislike?

A veces (poquísimas) se queda "colgado" al reproducir algún archivo, pero se reinicia y suele solucionarse. Nada importante.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nadie da más (prestaciones) por menos (dinero).

Es muy fiable y sabes que no va a fallar. Así solo necesitas tener 1 programa para verlo todo.

VideoLan review by Alberto S.
Alberto S.

"Sirve para todo"

What do you like best?

Desde hace tiempo Videolan es el único reproductor de vídeos y audios que utilizo, puesto que es compatible con todos los fomatos que utilizo: mp4, flv, etc.

Pero no solo es un reproductor más. Con los años este programa ha ido incorporando características diversas entre las que podríamos destacar, por su utilidad, la función de convertir archivos de vídeo y audio a distintos formatos, de forma que no tienes que instalar software adicional para esta tarea.

También puede grabar o hacer capturas, entre otras muchas cosas.

Como ves VLC sirve para casi todo, y es uno de esos programas imprescindibles.

What do you dislike?

En el programa para ordenador (windows) no hay nada que no me guste. En la versión para tablet (android) a veces no interpreta bien los gestos en la pantalla como subir volumen, o yo no los hago bien (que todo puede ser)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Como se suele decir: no hay que confundir valor y precio, y un programa puede ser gratis como Vlc y ser de lo mejor del mercado.

Evita tener diversas aplicaciones para realizar una misma tarea.

VideoLan review by Alberto A.
Alberto A.

"Mi único reproductor de vídeo"

What do you like best?

Después de haber probado unos cuantos, puedo decir que para mí este es el mejor reproductor de vídeos y audios de cualquier extensión (mp4, mkv, wmw, flv, ...). Es fácil de usar, ligero, y además es gratis.

A los programas para realizar actividades sencillas, lo que hay que pedirles es que no creen problemas innecesarios, y habiendo usado en miles de ocasiones VLC me sobran los dedos de una mano para contar las incidencias (solventables además) que me ha ocasionado.

Si necesitas ver vídeos sin complicarte la vida, este es tu software (no se queda colgado, no te ofrece actualizaciones continuas, no te "invita" periódicamente a donar,..., como hacen otros: cuando quieras ver tranquilamente una película, no surgirá ningún imprevisto.

What do you dislike?

Alguna vez me ha dado algún pequeño problema al añadir archivos con subtítulos, pero nada importante que no pudiese solucionar de inmediato.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Por facilidad de uso, fiabilidad y precio (es gratis) deberías elegir VideoLan.

Reconoce casi todos los archivos de audio y vídeo, así que evita tener que usar distintos reproductores en función del archivo que se quiere ver.

VideoLan review by Licex D.
Licex D.

"El reproductor de video más versátil que existe"

What do you like best?

La cantidad de formatos de audio y video que puedo utilizar en VLC es enorme, puedo reproducir audios en distintos formatos, y videos en mp4, wma, ultra HD, y muchisimo más, además de eso es un software gratuito con licencia GNU, puede ser descargado e instalado tantas veces como quieras en cualquier computadora que lo necesites. Es muy util para reproducir videos descargados de internet que no utilicen extensiones convencionales.

What do you dislike?

Puede ser un poco inestable, no reproduce listas de videos o audio, es decir, cada elemento debe reproducirse individualmente, la versión para Smartphone y Tablets es un poco anticuada y poco amigable, pide actualizaciones de manera demasiado frecuente lo cual puede ser un poco molesto, y algunos videos en HD no se reproducen correctamente.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este es un programa muy útil dado que puede reproducir archivos de audio y video de múltiples formatos, además de ello es gratuito y accesible sin ningún tipo de limitaciones, les recomiendo que lo tengan en su computadora para reproducir videos de cualquier tipo y origen.

He podido descargar videos de plataformas de cursos como EDX y Coursera y luego utilizarlos en el trabajo para compartir el conocimiento con mis compañeros, tambien he podido descargar y reproducir documentales y charlas de TED Talks que son muy utiles y educativas, y videos de muchisimas otras paginas y en multiples idiomas, dado que puedo añadir los subtitulos a los videos fácilmente con un archivo con extensión txt.

VideoLan review by joe c.
joe c.

"The best free video player out there!"

What do you like best?

I have been using this video player for over 10 years now and I have to say it's my go to movie player for all my videos. I stopped using Quicktime and windows media player because they were more difficult to use or they could not play all the files that I had wanted to play. This one is super useful and you can add subtitles to your movies when you have the subtitles files. Most of the time, this product is used for personal use, but whenever I need to play a video that isn't already on YouTube for work, I download this player. There are options for video filters, video corrections, and audio filters.

What do you dislike?

So far, there is nothing I have disliked about the VLC media player. Everything has been smooth sailing. VLC media player doesn't burn or rip CDs but that can be expected since it's just a media player. If it did, then it would be a more complete audio/video software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software easily beats out QuickTime, Windows Media Player, WinDVD, etc.

We are using it to play interviews we have recorded at work. The benefits are that this software is quick to download and works flawlessly everytime!

VideoLan review by Cecilia N.
Cecilia N.

"Free video player that is essential for either Windows or Mac users"

What do you like best?

VLC is a free open source video player. It plays any format that I throw at it and has many options in the preferences to customize it to your liking. I utilize the hotkeys a lot when watching videos and can create playlists.

What do you dislike?

There are times I need to play video footage at a different speed. The playback controls are hard to use since you aren't given the option to specify the speed, such as 1.5x or 2x speed. I also watch video frame by frame quite often since I use videos as reference for animating and there is no way to by backwards frame by frame, only forwards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through your preferences especially hot keys so you can customize the player so that you can watch videos more efficiently.

The ability to play many formats whether it be video or audio in VideoLan player. By solving these problems, I've saved time from having to download or use numerous applications. I can avoid having to switch between different programs.

VideoLan review by PJ M.
PJ M.

"Pretty awesome Open Source video Player"

What do you like best?

It can play just about anything without needing to convert it first. It is fast and efficient and can even re-encode video files into a myriad of different formats (great for quick format changes). It can also screen record your screen and record from an external device such as a camera or capture device. And it's networking tools, though I'm not an expert, are pretty powerful.

It is Open Source (meaning its free forever) which means it has a ton of extra plugins, support forums, and customization opportunities.

Though I've never used it for this, I've seen and been told that is can be used as a media library organizer as well (like an iTunes replacement).

Deployable (or portable) versions have been allowing the program to run on external drives like USB drives and CDs.

Not really much else to say, it really does what it says on their website and does it well, for the most part.

What do you dislike?

It needs some extra functionality, better interface, and fewer bugs. It still can't play some video files, nor can it play swf files, which I would really, really like.

It also is kind of intimidating to new users as it has no "introduction" screen or anything like that (not that it needs that though).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you read up online if you need help.

It allows us to play, record, and preview older video file formats that we get from clients without cost or struggle.

VideoLan review by JOSE GREGORIO A.
JOSE GREGORIO A.

"Best way to play videos from many formats"

What do you like best?

The possibility to play videos from a huge amount of formats and extensions, VideoLan allows about more 130 formats and extension of music and video, besides it is free and you can install in so many computers of devices you want.

What do you dislike?

The app version is very slow and the interphase is very ugly for the user, in the pc version sometimes the software suddenly closed or stop working, and that is very annoying if your seeing a tutorial video.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a software very useful and everybody needs in their computer, video is very versatil and you can use it without restriction and play a lots of formats without plugin or additional elements.

VideoLan is an excellent tool to play videos from many formats, and in the way in the company we can download a lot of videos to learn the new processes in the marketing and selling sector of construction, even we can download video from Coursera and EDX and learn new processes in Project Management.

VideoLan review by Carlos Eduardo V.
Carlos Eduardo V.

"Mi reproductor predilecto para ver series y peliculas"

What do you like best?

VLC media player es sin duda el mejor reproductor del mercado, debido a su alta compatibilidad con muchos formatos de audio y video. Tambien cuenta con las cualidades de poder editar muy generalmente la calidad y el formato de cada archivo aceptado por dicho software.

Muchos de los otros reproductores sufren muchos contratiempos con formatos de video o con adición de subtitulos, con VideoLan, olvídate de los problemas para subtitular lo que ves, pues este reproductor se especializa en ser rápido y con muy buenas características.

What do you dislike?

Es un reproductor de mucha competencia aunque cuenta con algunas debilidades notables, como ciertos problemas de auto-cerrado del software y también se puede apreciar que deja mucho que desear la visión del diseño de interfaz. Pudiese tener actualizaciones gráficas mas seguidas y más influyentes en el proceso de reproducción.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si sientes que tu reproductor convencional tiene muchos problemas para proyectar debidamente tus videos y que necesitas una herramienta útil con fácil acceso a subtitulo y con muchas características funcionales, cámbiate a VideoLan.

Videolan es un producto hecho para disfrutar de audiovisuales y también para aprender un poco acerca de formatos y procesos de reproducción. Con este software puedo decir que deje por completo los reproductores por defecto y ahora ha mejorado mi experiencia a la hora de reproducir videos enviados por compañeros de trabajo o socios.

VideoLan review by Jackie B.
Jackie B.

"Truly Seamless Mobile Media Player: Video, Music & Word Docs - on any device"

What do you like best?

Our challenge was our own technology is designed to capture video content sharing from any device. Mobile devices are small screen relative to PCs/MACs and the mobile market demands speed,esp. since so much of mobile is WiFi. Any buffering at all and our audience will just stop sharing, stop viewing and move on... They also demand being able to view/share that video content "mid-view" and to start viewing on one device that would be able to continue at the exact point they moved over to another mobile device. The windows media players we were using could not adapt. VLC itself originated in France and is open source but you can license for commercial use and get the developer support for any customization you may need too. We did, then tested the end-user experience which was 99.999% flawless! Our VLC player "installs itself" even in the heterogeneous environments of PCs. The player install, being our customers 1st experience with our video content, assured them that moving from 1 device to the next would be as seamless, and it was! There's just no other truly seamless mobile media player than VLC. The end-user experience is everything when choosing a mobile media player. We've had zero problems using VLC and it's lightning fast, easy for our development team to upgrade and the global teams constantly developing this are the best in the world.

What do you dislike?

A year and a half ago, while we did build a MAC version of our VLC media player, building anything on an iPad is a totally different skillset. So we did have to wait several months for the iPad version, largely due to Apple's challenges around getting their latest iOS stable enough to develop on, though, which really wasn't anything our developers could do about..

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set client expectations when Apple upgrades as the global VLC dev teams will always take several months to integrate, largely because development there is extremely complex. VLC is open source, so though there are many brilliant developers making great contributions, the testing still takes time. So, now that Steve Jobs is gone, Apple's release don't appear to be as flawless and even the extremely talented VLC developers struggle with figuring out integration. VLC truly does deliver a seamless mobile experience, lightning fast!

We needed the most seamless multi-media player on mobile devices we could find. we had been working with a WIndows media player but for smaller mobile devices our video content was buffering. Our target audience is impatient, and adoption was an issue. This was actually our first experience with VLC, and after literally 1,000's of test deployments with anyone we could get to try it for themselves we got 99.999% installs without any tech support calls and 100% of those viewed the full length of the video content we sent out which included moving between devices. Each time the video would stop right, then restart at the exact point it moved to the next device.

VideoLan review by Augusto P.
Augusto P.

"El mejor reproductor de video"

What do you like best?

VLC permite abrir prácticamente cualquier formato de audio y vídeo sin la necesidad de utilizar ningún tipo de codec o extensión, con VLC puedes reproducir un vídeo proveniente de cualquier plataforma sin limitación alguna, ademas de ello en caso que sea necesario puedes añadir los subtitulos correspondientes en el idioma que desees dado que con agregar solo el archivo .txt sobre el reproductor este lo reconoce y lo sincroniza con el vídeo que está reproduciéndose. La gran gama de formato que permite hace posible que cualquier usuario pueda reproducir sus vídeos sin ningún tipo de restricción de manera muy sencilla.

What do you dislike?

Como todo programa con licencia GNU tiene ciertas limitaciones, la principal es que el algunos casos es inestable para la reproducción de ciertos formatos, sucede mucho con el formato MP3 donde el programa se laguea y no permite reproducirlos, además de ello sucede algo muy particular, a diferencia de otros reproductores de música y video, no es posible crear listas de reproducción, así que cada archivo tiene que ir reproduciéndose manualmente y de forma independiente, lo que para algunos usuarios puede ser bastante molesto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pienso que VLC es un software que todos deberíamos tener en nuestra computadora de escritorio y tablet, puede ser que un día queramos ver o reproducir algún formato de video viejo o poco conocido y no podamos, pero con la cantidad de formatos que permite VLC nunca vamos a tener ese problema.

VLC nos ha permitido investigar información sobre el manejo de proyectos y el financiamiento dado que en muchos casos estos vídeos son creados en formatos poco conocidos como FLV y el software los reproduce sin ningún inconveniente, ademas de ello, la posibilidad de añadir subtitulos apoya en muchas ocasiones el entendimiento de explicaciones y ejemplos mostrados en los vídeos en una lengua extranjera.

VideoLan review by Connor R.
Connor R.

"VideoLan is good but unattractive. "

What do you like best?

I like how easy VideoLan is to work. All you have to do is drag and drop video files to the software and they will start playing. I also like how VideoLan remembers the videos that you have played in the past and saves them on a playlist for you to watch again. I also like how VideoLan works with many different file types.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I dislike the most about VideoLan is that the interface is horrible. It is not appealing to the user and seems disorganized. I would like to seem more options for saving videos in different categories such as file type. I also don't like that some of the open source settings can be hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is easy to implement so you can see if it will work for you. It is worth giving it a try.

I mainly use VideoLan as a primary media player. VideoLan is beneficial because it is compatible with almost any media file type.

VideoLan review by Gladys Z.
Gladys Z.

"VLC Facil y Practico"

What do you like best?

Reproduce prácticamente cualquier formato de archivo multimedia que le arrojes. Codifica las transmisiones de salida. Reproduce radio por Internet y TV, se trata de software gratuito que además está apoyado por un competente equipo de profesionales que se esfuerza día a día por sacar nuevas actualizaciones.

What do you dislike?

no tiene efectos psicoacústicos como Trubass o iTunes Sound Enhancer, así que cuando el sonido lo requiere, cambio a Windows Media Player. La compresión, el ecualizador y el espaciador disponibles en VLC reducen demasiado el volumen en la configuración predeterminada y son demasiado complicados para la mayoría de los usuarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Como todos los usuarios del sistema operativo Windows terminan por averiguar tarde o temprano, el reproductor multimedia integrado en dicho sistema, el Windows Media Player, este abre los archivos correctamente, sin dar ningún tipo de error, otra de las ventajas de este programa es la gran variedad de formatos de archivo que es capaz de soportar, lo que le convierte en uno de los reproductores más completos del mercado. Cubre todos los formatos principales de audio (.mp3, .wav, .flac, .ogg etc.) y casi todos los de vídeo (.avi, .mkv, .mpeg, .mpeg-2, .flv, .mp4, etc.).

Un reproductor de medios versátil y gratuito que admite más formatos de archivos de video, puedo grabar y transmitir audio de diferentes videos, que realizo para presntacion con los diferentes clientes..

VideoLan review by Joe L.
Joe L.

"VLC is one of the best media players. "

What do you like best?

VLC is compatible with almost every file of video. I have not found a video file that will not work with it. I get a lot of video file from different clients and they are never in the same file formate. VLC makes it easy for me watch the files they send me. I also like how you can store your files in a media library.

What do you dislike?

There is not much that I dislike about VLC. Sometimes I don't like how it will same your video file in the playlist. This can get confusing when I am trying to watch a group of video files back to back. I also don't like the internet section of VLC where they have radio and streaming directories. This seems like a pointless feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC is compatible with almost every video file. It is defiantly worth looking into if you need a good video player.

Video file viewing and converting.

VideoLan review by Marco L.
Marco L.

"Best media player ever"

What do you like best?

You have almost no need to install codecs for all different kind of multimedia files. I like useful tool to repair videos, grab frames and turn them in png files, video effects live. i like that you can stream live cameras into a projector or quickly open a dvd movie. It also offers a lot of additional plugins that can add features. Another great feature is that it comes for Windows, OSX, Linux and Android. Also the vlc team makes other applications like the skin editor and tv channel manager !!

What do you dislike?

Maybe the only thing that could be better is the gui interface design that seems a bit old. Another small part of the software that i can comment is that, sometimes, additional plugons are not as updated as the latest software or sometimes they run on 32 or 64 bit only. When you add too many of them the program may result a little bit ustable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is a great software, that's it!! IT replaces whatever media player you can use, it is compatible with multiple file formats and most important it has a lot of tools to work with multimiedia files. It can convert files to different formats, repair some features. You can grab frames from videos, play live camera contents.

We can display videos in class, attach a camera and show contents live. Teachers at school can easily switch from a dvd movie presentation to an attached camera live streaming.

VideoLan review by Anthony R.
Anthony R.

"Open Source, Highly Capable Media Player and Converter"

What do you like best?

VideoLan or VLC Player is a versatile media player - of all the standard video players, including DVD. But it's also an excellent converter, capable of encoding one format to another, for example, converting a file to MP4. There are versions for desktop, but also a phone app (I'm using the android version), and here, again, it's a versatile audio and video player. I play a lot of mp3 (audio) and mp4 (video) files on my phone, and I've found it to be stable and reliable.

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a bit more intuitive - the desktop version can require a bit of poking around to find certain features, or even know where they are located. I also need to learn a little more about filters and other processing that are applied by default to video playback (I prefer un-"enhanced" playback of video, just as many of us prefer flat playback of audio without "helpful" EQ).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for reliability, versatility, and the knowledge that you have a robust support community, then I recommend you try VideoLan. It's a capable player and converter that should be part of your audio and video toolkit. If you find you can't properly playback media with another piece of software, then reach for VideoLan VLC, you'll most likely be pleased to find that it plays your file flawlessly.

VIdeoLan provides a reliable, open-source staple program for video playback. The knowledge that there is a robust open source community behind it instills confidence that it will be around and well supported because it has such an excellent following. As I work with video and audio, myself, I appreciate it as an additional production tool, at least for format conversion with a lot of control of the final export.

VideoLan review by Marcel K.
Marcel K.

"The all and everything player for audio/video files"

What do you like best?

In all the years that I use the VLC Media Player I havent had the case that that i couldnt play a video file. VLC does a great job in supporting all file formats available. This includes all audio formats. Also it is in general a very fast tool.

What do you dislike?

I really cant find any negative point about this tool. If I need to say something though, the default design is a little bit boring. But that is a really minor factor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can recommend it to everybody who needs to watch and edit video data at their business. Especially if there are different file formats and/or the files have a high memory usage.

We are often receiving high memory requiring video files. With VLC you can stream the first moments of them directly during the download, if we dont need that video we can delete it before downloading the whole file. Also a nice benefit is the easy editing feature for metadata.

VideoLan review by Ana C.
Ana C.

"No se le puede pedir más"

What do you like best?

No solo es un programa muy útil en cuanto a las conexiones que tiene, como poder acceder a retransmisiones en vivo (algo muy útil para ver la televisión por IPTV en horario de oficina y escucharlo con auriculares por bluetooth) si no que además puedes ver todo tipo de archivos de vídeo sin necesidad de cambiar entre programas, puesto que el resto suele dar problemas con ciertos tipos de archivo, por la codificación de los mismos, además, en retransmisiones en vivo, Video Lan puede aplicar un pequeño retraso y así evitar micro cortes que son muy molestos...

What do you dislike?

Quizás debería de tener una interfaz un poco más intuitiva en las opciones, pero poco más se le puede achacar de malo a este fabuloso programa totalmente útil y necesario, con el que puedes reemplazar sin problemas al archiconocido windows media player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si tienes fallos para ver algunos vídeos en Windows Media Player, pásate a VideoLan.

Tal y como he mencionado en el primer párrafo, evitar los micro cortes en emisiones en directo y su versatilidad, o polivalencia, son lo que me hicieron escoger Video Lan porque soluciones esos problemas.

VideoLan review by Dalibor K.
Dalibor K.

"This is video player that runs everything"

What do you like best?

It can run everything you push to it, no matter if you have codecs installed or not. Does not matter what multimedia file it is: photo, video, audio, stream, etc. Supports even teletext on video streams!

What do you dislike?

User interface is not modern, it looks like it's design has not changed for 10 years (and it didn't).

Recommendations to others considering the product

User interface might be outdated, but features and reliability are superb.

It allows us to install it on any PC and not worry if it will be able to play any multimedia file we send to customer. We install it on managed PCs and on Managed smartphones (Android) and so far it was able to run every supplied multimedia file, no matter what codes is used.

VideoLan review by Natalya L.
Natalya L.

"It is better to see once"

What do you like best?

- Support for rare formats (eats everything) MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3, AAC, FLAC and others;

- playback of network streams (eg radio);

- search for covers;

- Tag editor (metadata;

- Built-in file converter;

- Easily customizable equalizer, which you can either manually adjust or select one of the standard "wired" parameters;

- storing the history of running files and folders;

- can "customize" the expansion of the video file for a more comfortable viewing on your screen.

What do you dislike?

It's difficult to start:

When you first open the program on your computer, you see not a convenient interface. Despite the multifunctionality of the program, it's not easy to get to some of its features.

It's quite difficult to switch to an external audio track when watching a video, let's hope the developers fix it soon. In addition, when I started my work with VLC media player, I ran into a rather unpleasant problem for me: global control did not work, even to pause it, I had to switch to the player window and do it manually.

As it turned out, the global keys did not work, because it was necessary to configure them, and the interface can be easily changed due to the many skins for the player, some of which can be downloaded easily and quickly from the official site of the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This application is worth it to spend a few minutes and study the interface, settings. But in the future you will never have difficulties with video playback.

Preview of video lessons. During the educational courses, we record lessons and then put them in open access. With this player you can preview the materials. The player reads many formats, even exotic camcorder formats

VideoLan review by Robert  S.
Robert S.

"Good software to watch videos and listening to podcasts"

What do you like best?

It is a multimedia player that plays any type of video file without any problem and does not require the installation of codecs of any kind as other programs require. The installation of the program is very light and also has a portable version, which allows you to take it on your USB and play it on any computer.

It is a program that allows the modification of the audio of the videos or music through the equalizer. You can customize it to your liking to hear everything perfect.

You have the option of delaying or advancing the audio, which is very good for videos that do not have the sound well synchronized.

What do you dislike?

I did not find many negative aspects in the program because it is pretty good with what it does. The only remarkable thing is that its appearance is not very careful. It seems an old program despite being updated. They could improve a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a free program that is worth trying, at least once. It should be taken into account that despite the neglected aspect it reproduces the videos to a high quality and supports all types of audio and video files, even the least used ones.

In our company we use this program on all computers to reproduce the videos we create for demonstrations to our customers.

It is a program that never fails and is compatible with a wide variety of audio and video extensions.

VideoLan review by Gautam A.
Gautam A.

"Watch Videos on VLC!"

What do you like best?

There are many things to like about the VLC such as its volume setting which is much better than other softwares that I have used for watching any video or even playing an audio. It also is compatible with the most types of video and audio files. That increases its usage compared to other softwares.

What do you dislike?

The video quality can be improved in VLC. Although its compatibility with different formats is much better, the quality of the video can still be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is an easy tool to use with some good benefits such as volume, subtitles and all.

As a GTA at an university, I sometimes use VLC to show some education videos, documentaries to my class. Again, given its compatible with most of the formats, it really never creates issues in running these files.

VideoLan review by Roberto V.
Roberto V.

"El mejor reproductor de todos los tiempos"

What do you like best?

Puedo ver cualquier tipo de videos en VLC Player porque no tiene ninguna restricción, puede reproducir vídeos de más de 100 formatos MP4, 3GP, WMA, HD y más, y todo funciona sin problemas y con buena calidad, el Perfoming del software es increíble y es muy lightwe y libre. Usted puede ver películas, videos de todo tipo y tutoriales, sólo tiene que descargar de páginas como Ted y más tarde disfrutar de verlo y aprender sobre él. En la industria del petróleo y la energía, este jugador puede ser muy útil para ver los tutoriales del software que usamos para diseñar las tuberías.

What do you dislike?

Puede ser un poco inestable especialmente con archivos pesados, como películas o videos en HD, y otro error es que usted necesita configurar su monitor, ya que el software no AUTOSET la definición y si usted no hace esto usted puede tener algunos problemas viendo su vide os. A veces algunos videos no son reproducirse correctamente, parece que la velocidad del vídeo es más alta que la velocidad que el jugador soporte y que puede ser un poco molesto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Todos necesidad de tener instalado en su ordenador y dispositivos VLC Player, porque es versátil, útil, libre y muy lighweight.

Podemos descargar videos de cursos, seminarios y webinars y luego comprobarlos para aprender a necesitar procesos en el mantenimiento de oleoductos y seguridad, este software es muy útil porque en el pasado tuvimos que transformar todos los videos, pero con VLC lo único que necesitamos que hacer es presionar Play.

VideoLan review by victor s.
victor s.

"The best media player"

What do you like best?

VLC Media Player is without a doubt the best player on the market, due to its high compatibility with many audio and video formats. It also has the qualities of being able to edit very generally the quality and the format of each file accepted by that software.

Many of the other players suffer many mistimes with video formats or with addition of subtitles, with VideoLan, forget the problems to subtitle what you see, because this player specializes in being fast and very good features.

What do you dislike?

It is a player of much competition although it has some notable weaknesses, like certain problems of self-closed software and also you can appreciate that it leaves a lot to want the vision of the interface design. Could have more followed and more influential graphic updates in the playback process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you feel that your conventional player has a lot of problems to properly project your videos and that you need a useful tool with easy access to subtitles and with many functional features, change to VideoLan.

Videolan is a product made to enjoy audiovisuals and also to learn a little about formats and processes of reproduction. With this software I can say that completely leave the players by default and now has improved my experience when playing videos sent by co-workers or partners.

VideoLan review by Karl T.
Karl T.

"A versatile video player that works smoothly with many file types"

What do you like best?

This video player's ability to play a wide range of video and audio files is definitely it's strongest point. I've used it to play MP4, MOV, MP3, WMV, MPEG-2 and even DVD files. Using this player virtually eliminates the need to have to search for and install codecs to play with certain media files. Having to install codecs is not uncommon in other similar software. About the VLC player itself, it has a robust set of controls that allow users to change the aspect ratio, add subtitles and stream videos online.

What do you dislike?

The main issue I have with the VLC player is that the playback will get jumbled on occasion. It will typically get jumbled for a few seconds and then go back to normal. Also, the design of the interface doesn't look very modern. I would be nice to be able to easily change the skin of the player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The VLC player can definitely save you a ton of headaches by not requiring you to download codecs for videos to work. It's a great video player to have on hand when you need to show a video to someone and want to have control over the playback. You can use tools like playback speed, rotation, segment playback, loop and the audio equalizer to customize the viewing experience.

The VLC player allows me to playback media files that have been edited and is also useful for showing videos to clients and co-workers. When we have instructional videos or presentations that need to be shown to a group, we often rely on the VLC player to show those videos.

VideoLan review by John P.
John P.

"VideoLan easy to use and simple. "

What do you like best?

I like VideoLan because it is free and it has provided me the ability to play almost any video file. It also helps to optimize audio and video for different devices. You can easily use VideoLan with other streaming devices and there are multiple plugins that you can download to extend the features of the program.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the overall interface. I think that they could do some updating. I have also had problems a few times with playing DVDs. VideoLan also makes tagging video and audio files hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend anyone that is considering videolan to give it a try.

I use videolan to play different video files. I have benefited by using videolan because I do not have to download different codecs to play certain files.

VideoLan review by Angel D.
Angel D.

"Compatible with all formats"

What do you like best?

This program is the solution you are looking for if you do not want to use the software programs that come with the operating system.

It is a lightweight program with low RAM consumption capable of playing all kinds of multimedia files.

This means that we won't have any problem when it comes to open any file and the computer will never be slowed down.

Additionally it offers streaming service, which can synchronize any radio station, view any podcast or broadcast our multimedia content.

At the time of reproduction we have the option to add or delete different audio tracks as well as different subtitling files. This program is about an all in 1.

What do you dislike?

The aspect with the greatest room for improvement is the aesthetic. The aesthetics of the program are very simple and place it behind other similar programs.

Its menus are simple despite offering very complex functions and has few options to use skins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take enough time to learn all features.

Multimedia business.

VIdeo and audio track edit.

Multimedia content and social communication.

VideoLan review by Iker  J.
Iker J.

"Nowadays the best media player "

What do you like best?

VideoLan also know VLC is the best video player that you can use in all computers. It's really fast and easy to use, also it's light weight, it's free and it's available for all operative systems.

It has some interesting functions, like the possibility of subscription a internet audio or video channel, like a network stream, or for example capture the video from an external camera. Another thing that the people don't know, is that you can load the subtitles to a video, and VLC synchronize the audio with the subtitles.

What do you dislike?

There are nothing bad for me. It do everything that I can need of a video player

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC is the best video reproducer, but the important thing is that you don't need any other application, VLC has all the codecs inside, and it's totally independent from third-party programs.

Usually we use VLC to reproduce some promotional videos of our products or from clients.

VideoLan review by Inga H.
Inga H.

"Hands down the best video and audio player"

What do you like best?

It’s compatible with literally all file types that I have seen in my life. It starts files quickly and reliably. And the best thing is that it is freeware. You don’t have to pay for it.

What do you dislike?

The feature to stream files is the only one that causes problems with my player. Sometimes it crashes it and I need to restart the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan player can be recommended from me to everybody who needs a reliable player for video and audio files. Be aware that some installers on the internet have third-party software that comes with them.

I use it for viewing video clips from our clients. These can be big files and I can watch them during the download process. This saves a lot of time at my daily work.

VideoLan review by Jafet Juan D.
Jafet Juan D.

"VideoLan (VLC) es un gran reproductor multimedia multiplataforma"

What do you like best?

VideoLan es una maravillosa opción para uniformar mis documentos multimedia. Frecuentemente uso esto para comprimir archivos y luego abrir con el mismo programa. Me gusta que pueda usarse en múltiples sistemas de forma adecuada, así que puedo enviar estos archivos a clientes con diferentes sistemas en ejecución.

What do you dislike?

VideoLan de vez en cuando parece un poco complicado al actualizar. Supongo que un motivo masivo para eso es la diferencia en video y documentos multimedia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aprende a usar VLC de la forma más ventajosa que sea un dispositivo gratuito y con muchas cosas para hacer una contribución.

Uso VLC para uniformar y comprimir mis moscas de video para que sean uniformes entre sí. Es una aplicación excepcional para tomar aquellas películas que pueden dañarse o estar incompletas además, y luego trabajar para resolver los problemas. Entonces soy capaz de enviar los videos a otros para su edición, almacenamiento, organización, etc.

VideoLan review by Raheem K.
Raheem K.

"The best multimedia player I have used."

What do you like best?

Video LAN has everything I require from a media player.I began using VideoLan since 2013 and have successfully used it in playing multiple video/audio file format types,even those my default windows player couldn't recognize.

I like how I am able to customize videos I am watching with effects ,while also allowing me change the format of my videos to make it watchable on my smartphone.It is free to download, and I have used this to broadcast video streams to much success,on an handful of occasions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really serious.My videolan player sometime suddenly freezes while playing videos.I however solve this problem by restarting my computer,I wouldn't know if it is a problem from the software or my pc.

VideoLan has served as a reliable tool for watching videos when I am at work,and even in my personal space.I have also used Videolan to slow down the speed of videos,when I am transcribing them.

VideoLan review by User

"Prueba VLC, no volverás a utilizar otro reproductor"

What do you like best?

VLC es el reproductor que utilizo para video y audio y debería ser un requisito en todas los ordenadores, incluso venir ya instalado de fábrica. Y no importa el uso del equipos, presentación de sala de reuniones, los equipos en aulas, equipos de negocio, de trabajo, en portátiles... en cualquier lugar y en cualquier equipo. Desde luego es muchisimo más potente que Windows Media Player o cualquier otro reproductor actual. Además es gratuito y la descarga e instalación es limpia, sencilla, facil e intuitiva.

What do you dislike?

Después de lo dicho antes, creo que queda claro que para mi y en mi opinión tras muchos años de uso y tenerlo instalado en todos los equipos, tanto de la organización como en los particulares, que para mi no tiene fallos ni puntos negativos. es un software increíble y deberá estar presente en todos los equipos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

como indico en el título, pruebalo, dale una oportunidad y te garantizo que no volverás a utilizar otro software para reproducir contenidos de video o audio. Vlc pasará a ser tu software en el que ver tus películas, series y canciones favoritas. No te arrepentirás si decides darle una oportunidad.

es el reproductor utilizado en toda la organización, sin importar la función para la que este destinada el equipo en cuestión. Tanto en aulas, como en salas de juntas, como en equipos de acceso externo, en los portátiles, equipos de directivos... en todos los equipos esta presente.

VideoLan review by JHONATAN JONARKIS R.
JHONATAN JONARKIS R.

"Excelente opción para visualizar video de cualquier tipo y extensión"

What do you like best?

Utilizando VLC player puedo abrir videos de cualquier tipo o formato sin ningún tipo de limitación, estos pueden ser videos 3gp, mp4, wma, y más, incluso puedo visualizar videos en HD sí las características de mi monitor lo permiten, VLC player es un programa realmente versatil.

What do you dislike?

Puede ser realmente inestable, especialmente cuando se visualizan videos realmente pesados, por ejemplo por encima de los 2gb, otra gran deficiencia es que ajusta la resolución al monitor, y sí el monitor no es capaz de correr un video en HD, el programa en lugar de bloquearse crea un reproducción full de pixels y sin audio.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pueden utilizar Video LAN en cualquier momento o situación donde requieran visualizar un video y este se encuentre en un formato poco convencional, con toda seguridad el programa va a reproducirlo y podrán disfrutar de su video, con Video Lan en cuanto a la visualización de videos no hay límites.

En nuestra organización utlizamos video lan en los talleres de equipo para visualizar videos motivacionales o de auto ayuda que contribuyan a una mejor comprensión del individuo, y fomenten un mejor trato y mejor realcion con los clientes.

"Reproductor excelente"

What do you like best?

Potente y completo reproductor de video y audio que sin necesidad de miles de codecs es capaz de reproducir contenido en alta calidad, lás ultimas versiones ya soportan 4k. Además hay que añadir como algo muy bueno la posibilidad de poder aumentar el volumen del sonido desde el propio reproductor más allá del 100% (se puede aumentar hasta el 200%), esto es muy útil cuando el sonido es muy bajo en ciertos videos. Además es muy ligero y aunque no lo parezca incluye multitud de opciones para conversión de formatos de video.

What do you dislike?

no tiene nada negativo, es elmejor reproductor de video actual en el mercado, ya sea para uso casero como para uso profesional. Es algo que debe estar en todos los equipos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

no hay que recomendar este software, quien este buscando un reproductor que le de una oportunidad y no volverá a utilizar otro.

Toda la organización cuenta con este software en los equipos por su versatilidad y su potencia a la hora de reproducir diferentes formatos sin necesidad de instalar paquetes de codecs de video y audio.

VideoLan review by Jimi N.
Jimi N.

"One of the most complete players I know"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent media player and multiplatform, it is open source and can play almost all audio and video formats used.

VLC will not be the perfect player, some files may be resistant but in general it is the most complete application capable of covering my needs. All this without forgetting that it offers a series of tricks and keyboard shortcuts that once dominated make their use much easier.

Supports MPEG, DivX, WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, H.264 / AVC, FLV, MP3 and OGG among many other codecs and container formats, as well as Blurays, DVDs, VCDs and several streaming playback protocols. The best thing about this player is that it supports several types of subtitles.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the type of file on my machine the image is slightly distorted, the size of the screen must be changed so that the reproduction is completely clear.

I am aware that everyone knows VLC and although some prefer not to use it against other alternatives, it still seems the best option for my own experience. 99% of the videos have always been reproduced and these extras to see broadcasts via streaming or the settings for audio synchronization or subtitles are very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an excellent quality player, which supports many codecs and formats. Which is multiplatform and in turn open source which makes it an excellent application.

different problems so much so that with this player you can even make certain channels or streaming type stations this makes it a product of the highest quality and perfect functionality.

VideoLan review by Josue Daniel A.
Josue Daniel A.

" software that thinks about the community"

What do you like best?

Your VLC player has many functions and supports a lot of multimedia formats without the need for additional codecs, as well as streaming capacity which allows me to create a kind of own TV channel. The VLC media player not only plays videos, but also audio files, including Internet radio and podcasts. In addition, you can record from audio and video sources to multimedia files stored on your local PC.

What do you dislike?

There is no anonymity in any case, the server to which the browser or vlc or whatever you want to connect has the IP, The transmission user interface for technical support is not particularly simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have problems playing a media file, such as a video or melody that you have downloaded from the Internet, and can not play it on your standard media player, it is likely that the VLC media player (free, direct) will play it. and you can use it with any operating system. if you have to be careful with security since it exposes your IP.

With this software it is not necessary to buy any video player because it plays most of the multimedia files and allows Trasnmitir live, this has saved a little money.

"reproductor excelente"

What do you like best?

la mejor opción para reproducción de video. Instalación sencilla, no requiere codecs ni añadir cosas como otros reproductores. Reproduce infinidad de formatos tanto de sonido como vídeo, aunque esta pensado principalmente para vídeos. Además la interfaz es super sencilla e intuitiva. también tiene opciones para convertir formatos. Incluso permite reproducir dvds y cds directamente. sin duda la mejor opción para reproducir contenidos. Las últimas versiones permiten la reproducción 4K y HDR, además de vídeos en 360º

What do you dislike?

no hay puntos negativos. es una herramienta gratuita y aporta mucho más que algunas de pago. Es un reproductor ideal para cualquier equipo, independientemente de las características del equipo, ya que no requiere muchos recursos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

recomendado a cualquiera que necesite un reproductor de vídeo de garantía y de calidad, gratuito y con infinidad de opciones y funciones mas allá de reproducir vídeo y audio

lo tenemos instalado en todos los equipos de la organización para poder reproducir tutoriales. Y personalmente es el reproductor que utilizo de forma casera en todos mis equipos.

VideoLan review by george g.
george g.

"VLC is a great software for playing media"

What do you like best?

I like how VLC is compatible with a lot of different file formats. I have used many different media players and VLC seems like it is one of the best. It is so easy to upload your videos in different playlists to be able to watch them back to back.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how VLC has tried to add different features that seem to take away from the media player aspect of the software. The radio and stream directories are pretty useless. The best part about VLC was that it worked. The different internet directories seem unnecessary and I rarely use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC supports a lot of file formats and I think it is one of the best media players.

I use VLC as my primary media player.

VideoLan review by Jesus C.
Jesus C.

"El mejor reproductor de vídeos para Windows"

What do you like best?

VLC, es el mejor reproductor de videos que podemos encontrar en el mercado. Su facilidad de uso hace que pueda ser utilizado para todos los niveles, desde usuarios noveles hasta los más expertos.

Su interfaz es muy sencilla e intuitiva. También tiene la ventaja de que ocupa poco espacio, incluye muchos codecs de video (se pueden añadir más) y sobre todo, que es gratuito.

What do you dislike?

En un principio no veo ningún inconveniente, todo positivo. Quizás revisar que algunas veces se bloquea si no tienes los codecs correctos, pero esta pasa con muy poca frecuencia.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No os lo penséis, si buscais un buen reproductor de Video....VLC es vuestra mejor opción. Fácil, rápido y gratuito.

En mi empresa, nos facilita mucho el trabajo en el sentido que realizamos muchos videotutoriales para los clientes, a los cuales siempre le recomendamos que usen VLC para reproducirlos. También nos ayuda que sea gratuito, menor coste para la empresa.

VideoLan review by Marcos G.
Marcos G.

"is the Swiss Army knife of video players"

What do you like best?

It plays practically any type of video file... Its amazing! When other video players just go nuts of give a weird error message, VideoLAN always plays the most rare and sofisticated files. It Even has the ability to transcode the video onto another format!

What do you dislike?

I believe the developers haven't updated it for some time... It stills plays everything you throw at it, but the UI is really old and could be much nicer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended... Even if you don't use a lot, its a must have! You never know when you are going to need it!!

We manage to play, check and transcode all the videos our customers and clients provide for their projects. With VideoLAN we can ensure that our videos are being exported correctly.

VideoLan review by User

"Gratuito para ver videos"

What do you like best?

Herramienta totalmente gratuita que permite el visionado de videos en muchos formatos con opciones básicas como acelarar o ralentizar la imagen, ver varios videos en ventanas diferentes o parar la imagen con pulsar la barra espaciadora. Muy útil y disponible como aplicación para usar en el móvil.

What do you dislike?

Las capturas de pantalla son muy simples de hacer y quizás se podría mejorar para seleccionar de una forma más óptima el frame o imagen que quieres con mayor detalle y no solo parando el video de forma manual. No siempre puedes seleccionar el momento exacto del video que quieres, a no ser que ralentices mucho el video

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si realmente no necesitas una herramienta muy compleja para visionar documentos en video, esta es tu aplicación, donde podrás ver un montón de formatos de video con un solo producto.

Al reconocer diversos formatos de video es muy útil para no tener que estar abriendo archivos con diferentes programas, te simplifica mucho las cosas tanto en casa como en el trabajo o en momentos puntuales que necesites ver un video en otro formato en tu móvil

VideoLan review by Ashik C.
Ashik C.

"VLC-Best media player ever!"

What do you like best?

VLC has many special features.It is highly customizable. VLC has excellent file format support.It supports a large number of media formats.Also it is expandable via plugins.Also it's completely free, supports almost all file formats without the need to download additional codecs, can optimize video and audio playback for your chosen device.So I love it very much than other media players available in market!Also I am getting constant updates for this product.Another specialty is that it is available in many platforms such as Windows,Linux and Android.

What do you dislike?

There are only less drawbacks for this product.Editing metadata isn't as straightforward as in some other players.Also sometimes VLC crashes.But not always.Anyway we can not point out much drawbacks as it is an awesome product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A must use media player.Very useful in the area of advertising and marketing.

Used for playing media files related to our business projects.Its more easier to use VLC than other media players.

VideoLan review by User

"It's simply the best video player ever"

What do you like best?

It plays every kind of video, in every format (also music, but I use it just as a video player), and the most important for me, even if the video is corrupted or incomplete. It helped me a lot while downloading a video to check if the quality and language was the proper that I was looking for. Also the 200% volume limit it's just incredible.

What do you dislike?

Maybe the mobile app, that has nothing better that others like MX Player, but in computers it's the top 1 for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget windows media player, this one is free and the best in the net. You can play whatever media you want, music or videos, dvd, cd, and in every format without any prompting error message. Also you can play corrupted or incomplete videos (for example while you're downloading it). Just perfect.

I was a windows media player user, and when I got bored of the "incompatible format" message I discovered this awesome software, and since then I have been using it and I'm so glad with its performance and possibilities. And as I said before, one of the best benefits is that you can play a corrupted or incomplete video without lots of issues.

VideoLan review by Oreofe J.
Oreofe J.

"VideoLan still has some suprises for users."

What do you like best?

Editing and Converting your file types to different formats such as Mp4, mov etc.

What do you dislike?

Having to download skins when I need them ( it should come pre-bundled with the installation file) . I also find it difficult to see an increase in the quality of my videos during conversion. Also I am not sure if currently there are features to mix or join different video files together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will be good to use VideoLan for a lot of quick video editing tasks. While I think the company should consider adding a screen capturing feature to future releases. Also there should be a way to synchronize information between the android version and windows version of the software. I am not certain of how this will work but if I need to work on files on my phone and my laptop, it will be good to note the different stages of my workflow while moving my files from my phone to the computer.. .

Converting videos taken with my mobile device in 3gp format to Mp4 format. We usually have to share converted mobile videos with clients and for some reasons, our mobile devices (phone) distorts the orientation of the video and its a big relief to know I can correct this issue with VideoLan's features.

VideoLan review by Denny C.
Denny C.

"VLC Gets It Done"

What do you like best?

A simple interface that doesn't skimp on the features.

What do you dislike?

Although easy to use, the interface does seem a bit dated. VLC allows you to do some simple video editing and conversion, but falls short in a few areas when it comes to editing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to play any sort of media that is not natively supported by your OS then VLC is for you. If you need simple video conversion, VLC is for you. If you need to do video editing then VLC may not be the *best* tool for the job but it may meet your needs, anyway.

VideoLan (or VLC Media Player as it's more commonly known) plays about any type of media that you're likely to come in contact with. It also works great for converting media to other formats.

VideoLan review by Karin H.
Karin H.

"High compatibiliy with every file format "

What do you like best?

First of all the software is free to use. And it plays nearly endless files with different formats. I never had problems with VideoLan Player not supporting a certain file that I needed to view.

What do you dislike?

Cant think of any negative point when using this product. When I need to mention a negative point its the third party software that wants to be installed with VideoLan together.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can recommend it to almost anybody because it is free and I think most of the people out there need a software with this high support of all files out there.

We view our video files that we do for our website and social media page. Editing the metadata is also an important factor that is done with this excellent tool.

VideoLan review by Josh S.
Josh S.

"Truly a media Player that can handle Whatever you can throw at it."

What do you like best?

I am a media and communications director and when it comes to setting up a media player on a system that I need to just work, VideoLan is my player of choice. This software can literally take just about any media file you can throw at it and it just plays it. From video to audio and beyond it is incredible. I simply could not do my job without it.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it almost seems like there are too many features for this player. It is easy to get lost and change something you may not have meant to. It would be awesome if there were different user levels to lock out some of the more advanced features so my clients don't automatically change an important setting.

The need to have clients be able to play the media they need with out any issues. It just has to work 100% of the time and this media play does just that.

VideoLan review by Edwar J E.
Edwar J E.

"See better with VideoLAN"

What do you like best?

I really like to use VideoLan since it is compatible with many operating systems like, windows, microsoft, iso, android, etc. is very adaptive to any electronic equipment and its software, really VLC makes my videos an excellent enough reproduction, I can regulate the brightness of the screen through this application also the audio even increase more than 100%, VLC is the maximum.

What do you dislike?

I really like this application and its functionality, but if something we can improve it would be its appearance, it is very simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study all the functionalities of this application well since it is not only a simple video player, with it you can do many productive things, take advantage of it and learn.

I work in the area of ​​telecommunications and I always have to try video frames and VLC allows me to configure a VLAN through a UDP protocol solving all my problems.

VideoLan review by Ayush R.
Ayush R.

"A media player that can basically play them all"

What do you like best?

VideoLan’s VLC media player is one of the most reliable pieces of software I have on my computer. Anytime I want to play something, whether it's a video or song, I know that playing it through the VLC player will just work. I've tried playing videos in QuickTime, Windows Media Player and other popular players like that, but they tend to run into problems at some point either with file formats or lagging playback. I rarely experience those issues with the VLC player.

What do you dislike?

It's hard for me to dislike anything about this player since, as I mentioned above, it's one of my favorite programs period. There are times though when certain files are choppy or pixelated. Those files might play better on occasion through a player like QuickTime, but generally speaking, there's really nothing much to dislike about the VLC player.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would strongly recommend VLC player to pretty much anyone. Even if you don't work with video or audio files often, it's great to just use as a player while you're working on other things. You can save a lot of stress from having to deal with faulty media players out there. The fact that it's an open source program let me know that there are lots of programmers with only the best interest of the software in mind working on it.

I work with a lot of video and audio files, sometimes adding stock music to client videos or playing reference videos that a client will send me, so it's important that I have a media player that just works and stays true to how the video should be viewed. With the VLC player, I don't have to go searching for codecs or other players. I can just load the videos in VLC and it generally plays quick and smooth. There are also a bunch of different options that are useful like screen resizing and playlists. There's really nothing more I would want in a video player.

VideoLan review by Thomas C.
Thomas C.

"A media player that works with most video and audio file types"

What do you like best?

This media player works well with almost any video or audio file type. The interface has many features so you can set your video screen a certain size, speed or orientation. There are also audio controls so you can customize equalization. The picture quality is relatively good and videos don't take very long to load and play. As free software, this player works very well and is often updated for security and performance.

What do you dislike?

The picture quality can be distorted for certain files. If you computer is on the slow side, other players might be able to play video more smoothly. There isn't much to dislike though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend VideoLan to anyone that has had to deal with delayed or choppy playback. You likely won't need to download additional codecs as this player works with most major video and audio files.

I can play media files without having to download a bunch of codecs or other extensions. I can use this player for demonstrations or displays that can be put on loop. We can watch video tutorials and instructions with clear playback and sound.

VideoLan review by Parthesh S.
Parthesh S.

"Best video/audio player out there"

What do you like best?

Everything, literally everything except its symbol ;). It does support almost all the formats out there. It also has a superb feature known as sound boost, where the volume can be changed above the volume of system! This is actually a great feature as it really helps in the videos having lower sound levels.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing. It is near to perfect and a must have software.Maybe the interface can be a bit modern and funky. It is of the classic style though

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect Video player. Does everything it should do, and it does really fine. Moreover it is a free software.

This software is used for watching videos or to listen audio. This come realy handy during presentation, thanks to huge collection of supported formats.

VideoLan review by User

"Well-rounded reliable video player"

What do you like best?

This video player just works. I've used many players over the years and there is almost always some issue that comes up with playing certain files types and codecs or the video quality is not smooth or there aren't enough playing and display options to suit my needs. VideoLan is very reliable and works for me most of the time. It has many display and playback functions so it can do almost anything even the better proprietary players can do.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I play certain files types that the video quality is smoother in another player. I've played 1080 on a slower computer that wasn't very smooth but somehow looked better in a different player. I'm not sure what the issue was, but there isn't much else to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the very least, since VideoLan is free and doesn't take up a bunch of space, so it's ready to have downloaded and ready in case your the players don't work. This player has all the features most people would need like screen resizing, repeat and playlists. Everyone should have this.

We can view pretty much any video or audio file that gets sent our way. If a file doesn't play, then much time can wasted like for other players, codecs or whatever add ons are needed to make it work. Or, we might have to request another file type from the sender which can make us look unprofessional and just take more time.

VideoLan review by Laurent C.
Laurent C.

"the number one video and audio players all in 1."

What do you like best?

VLC reads 99% of existing formats like mp3, mp4, mkv, audio files, video, playlist and many others. It can record video streams like Youtube and Dailymotion, it can also convert .ts files to .mp4 or the opposite for different platforms and formats. It should be noted that VLC has remained free since the beginning, but you can still donate to help them continue to make this software a must have PC / Linux / Mac / Android / IOS.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked the part of the file conversion is more advanced, I very often have a software crash when I want to convert a file ... damage.

Integrate a possibility of repairing certain files especially problematic video streams.

As it works very well, but can be a little too complicated if you want to look in the options and other settings, to advise for experienced users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC is so well known and recognized that I do not think I need to praise its merits, if you do not know VLC go there, it is a software to absolutely have on its toy library PC or others.

It's the Swiss army knife for video and audio.

No need to install multiple third-party software or tons of video plugins, VLC does it all.

It can read everything, audio, video and even images, jpeg, png. In summary, a digest of the best in one program.

And it is FREE !!

VideoLan review by Tim L.
Tim L.

"Powerful, easy to use player"

What do you like best?

I love all the easy keyboard commands! It makes it easy to access a lot of features quickly. I also love that the playlist can be a separate window, making it easier for use with a projector.

What do you dislike?

It works for playing DVDs, but it's not really a strong suit for VLC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC isn't flashy, but it's not meant to be. And it's definitely worth the time to learn some of the key commands.

I use it to play worship songs and other videos on a projector. Having the playlist on a separate screen and access to a variety of keyboard commands means I'm not interrupting playback with mouse movements and dropdown menus.

VideoLan review by Ute C.
Ute C.

"Fast and high compatibility"

What do you like best?

The high number of supported file formats and at the same time the easy use of this tool. A nice detail is that you can put up the volume up to the double amount with only one easy click.

What do you dislike?

Some interface skins dont work and are interrupting the player to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Usage is recommended if you are looking for free player that can support almost any of the files that are in usage out there.

I watch files which are inspiring me with the things i do or use it for streaming files before i download them. Also the editing of metadata for pictures and videos of my work is an important task that i do with this tool.

VideoLan review by Elliot S.
Elliot S.

"Simple yet hugely effective media player"

What do you like best?

- Pretty much any type of file is compatible. MP4, AAC, FLAC, MP£, WMV and many more

- There is a file converter built into the programme

- Interface is very simple and easy to use

- Drag and drop files to start playing them

- Edit feature

What do you dislike?

- The programme itself does appear somewhat dated, but I guess that's in order to keep it simple

- Have had installation issues in the past

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it - every other media player will let you down in terms of not being compatible with certain file types whereas VLC will not.

- File conversion, in particular video files

- Taking screenshots of videos

- A universal media player across all computers in the business

VideoLan review by Christian A.
Christian A.

"Solid and versatile software for multimedia playing"

What do you like best?

The feature that allows you to download subtitles is the best from this software: you can always get the help from the community to see your favorite shows and videos!

The software is also pretty famous for its vast files compatibility, indeed, most of the audio and video formats can be played by it.

Also useful the feature to take screenshots.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the performances are not good as they should. It freezes every now and then.

Aside from it the software is pretty smooth and nice working.

It actually is an image reader as well, but there are better options for it than this software to be honest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it if you encounter "exotic" or non-conventional video files formats.

Useful to take screenshots from video files. Perfect to design out of them.

VideoLan review by Antonia H.
Antonia H.

"The allround tool for viewing video files"

What do you like best?

It can play all file formats I have ever used and know of. It is fast to open itself and to play the files you want to see and hear. And it can turn up the volume of the files up to 200% of the original volume.

What do you dislike?

Only the design makes me think about improvements this tool needs. It is only functional and offers no room for a “pretty” look. Also, at some pages that you can download it is has some third-party sponsored software that comes with the installation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended for everyone, not only at work but also for private usage, this tool is hands down the best you can have for the features it offers.

At work I only use the tool to view video clips from our customers. As they come sometimes in very different formats I rely on VideoLan, because it can play all of them. Also, the edit function of the tool comes in handy when you must sort a lot of files into categories. The benefit is clearly the compatibility with all formats and that the price is free.

VideoLan review by Saskia B.
Saskia B.

"Free player for almost every file format"

What do you like best?

It is fast and reliable. I have never seen any file that VLC does not support or have noticed any crash. It is reliable to work with and completely free. I use it almost my entire life without having any problems so far.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of any negative points for this tool. Maybe the design is not the prettiest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool should be used by everyone who needs to play and edit video and/or audio files at work. It is completely free to use and is easy to handle.

I and some of my colleagues are using it mostly for viewing video files at work. We have numerous files coming in at some points because we arrange auditions for web spots. Also, we are using the tool for editing the video details for further information about it. Benefits are that the tool can play all files and you even can put up the volume by 200%.

VideoLan review by User in Animation
User in Animation

"Always working media buddy"

What do you like best?

Whenever I wanted to watch a video file, the Video Lan Client was my first choice. Sometimes it happened that a video file would play the video source but not the audio and vice versa. Video Lan was pretty much always up to date and used the latest codecs to play the file I wanted. Also Video Lan is free to install and update.

What do you dislike?

Video Lan offers a lot - but this might be a bit too much maybe. So the only negative aspect of Video Lan I can think of is, that it offers very good features like video converting or simple editing, which nobody really knows of.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Superb software - prolly the best freeware you can find. Invest some more time and explore all the features of Video Lan, you will not regret it.

It is a powerful tool and certainly plays every file without any problems. I was able to use Video Lan to edit videos or convert them into other file formats.

VideoLan review by User in Law Practice
User in Law Practice

"I have a hustle free process when it comes to playing and sharing of media online"

What do you like best?

That you can play a wide range of media files, with a wide range of video formats, unlike other media playing options. You can also share large media files very quickly using the LAN option, as such this saves times and is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

there is no option to increase or decrease volume on the upgrade of the software, if your screen is minimized even to half the computer screen. This is very inconveniencing sometimes as you have to always play media on a maximum screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best there is to offer, its multi format support is amazing

with videolan you do not need to look for other software's to supplement its shortfalls, as it rarely has any shortfalls. It supports most of the essential video formats, which this is a great benefit in using the software.

VideoLan review by User in Computer Software

"Very powerful tools for video viewing and manipulation"

What do you like best?

VLAN can play almost any kind of video file on any platform! It handles every multimedia file you throw at it as well DVDs, audio CS, VCD and streaming protocol. You can also capture a screen recording, and when my kid was on an Internet radio show, I could listen and save the file in VLAN. You can perform a surprising amount of editing (it's more than just a player!): you can resize, change aspect ratio, crop videos, load subtitles, deinterlace, etc. I'm a big fan of open source software and love that this has such professional features available.

What do you dislike?

Has an incredibly rich feature set that most people don't know about. Can do amazing things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Most people only think of it as a player but it does so much more! Even if you're just using it for video playback, it offers better controls than the default Windows and Quicktime media players. I'm very excited about the future release of their full-featured video editor.

Makes it very easy to work with video. Can add subtitles, crop video, etc. Can open any kind of video that people create, even people who use Mac products and thus don't understand the importance of adding a file extension that tells any OS what kind of file it is.

VideoLan review by Drew O.
Drew O.

"VideoLan"

What do you like best?

VideoLan is an amazing piece of software. Gone are the days of odd one off media players requiring risky codec packs. VideoLan supports customization.

What do you dislike?

VideoLan's user interface is kind of boring. That isn't a big deal at all because simple can be good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VideoLan is the best player I have found. It meets all of our requirements and then some. The user interface isn't special but there is beauty in that. VideoLan can be customized to the organizations preference. There are addons, packs, and all kinds of tools that can be added but many are third party.

We use VideoLan to play media files such as videos, audio recordings, etc.

VideoLan review by User

"Great video player supporting any type of media"

What do you like best?

VLC player is an excellent tool for tweaking video and audio playback, the best part is that this player is free and supports all file formats without the need to download additional codecs, can optimize video and audio playback for any device you own or have.Just think that if you have a file with a unknown extension, VLC will play it..

What do you dislike?

Not a big deal but it happens once, that the player started lagging because I had a 5 hour video which was part of a tutorial I was about to receive, so the app crashed, but I open it again and worked well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This player is very useful when playing certain types of videos.

I can play a lot of videos without bothering to pay for extra codecs or players which has saved me some time.

VideoLan review by Richard H.
Richard H.

"The best media player, hands down"

What do you like best?

What's not to like:

- It is lightweight

- It is ad free

- It plays every format I thrown at it (besides MIDI)

- It is customisable

and most of all it's completely free.

What do you dislike?

My only two complaints and they are barely issues, is first, if you try to play a folder with non-media files mixed with media files, it will try to play all of them which can lead to annoying noises or it crashing when it tries to play a .exe file, but that's user error more than the programs fault.

Secondly, it can't play MIDI files natively which is understandable and very rarely an actual issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you specifically need a sound only player with incredibly low requirements (in which case look into 1by1), you cannot go wrong with VLC.

When we need to test if a media file is broken or if the issue is with the site we are trying to add it to, all it takes is a double click and we know right away.

VideoLan review by Véronique D.
Véronique D.

"VLC media est vraiment le lecteur de video n°1"

What do you like best?

Sa facilité d utlisation pour changer d audio il faux juste faire clic droit pareil pour les soutitres il permet de lire presque tous les format vidéo de quoi faire le bonne d'un fan de film ou autre a installer absolument

IL EST GRATUIT !!!

What do you dislike?

Quelque beug mais qui sont minimes car tous est généralement du faite de l utilisateurs je trouve juste dommage que cette application est pas assez travaillé visuellement le bureau fait légèrement fouillis mais sinon il est facile a utiliser

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vous vouler etre sur de lir vos video prenez VNC

Lir tout les formats de video que je connais

VideoLan review by Anuja T.
Anuja T.

"Best Video System"

What do you like best?

This is a very good video system compatible with all file types. We can play any video clip in any format and get results. Unlike Microsoft Media Player which only plays certain file types - this player does not look at the source or format and allows for changes to the ratio and audio of the video as well. Excellent.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. Sometimes it doesn't inform me right away that I need to update this player to another better one; however, overall it is still the best on the market and I would recommend it to anyone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely. Best software!

This software is allowing me to play videos by any source without the worry that it won't be compatible.

VideoLan review by 立丁 .
立丁 .

"Perfect Media Player, and More"

What do you like best?

Open source and cross platform, I've used the version for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android, and it works well in all these platforms;

Support almost any video format I can found;

DLNA compatible, so I can watch movie at any device and store only one copy at server;

Other useful features makes it more than a simple media player, VLC can convert file format, convert file to stream, record screen or camera.

What do you dislike?

In fullscreen mode, the control bar is float at the center of bottom, it looks nice but the progress bar is much short than in maximum window mode, it makes me hard to locate accurate when I want jump to a specific time. makes me often quit fullscreen mode to jump time then back to fullscreen again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VLC can play almost any common video format, under almost any common devices, and supply a lot of features than you can imagine.

Never need to convert format before watch them in mobile phone. If you have a server support DLNA, you even never need copy/sync the video file to your phone.

VideoLan review by Kyle M.
Kyle M.

"Awesome"

What do you like best?

This program was the only one I could find that would play every type of video file regardless of the extension or license type. It would bypass the windows credentials needed for certain DVD playback as well. Thre is a lot of customization that is possible within this program as well.

What do you dislike?

It would crash occasionally or not playback audio. I didn't have this issue continue for extensive time periods, but it was an issue I had with this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you install it correctly and if there are any issues there is a whole community of online support for this product.

We're able to use this when sharing videos between platforms of our programs. It makes a very easy transitional through the programs.

VideoLan review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"VideoLan / VLC Viewer is a great tool for Mac and PC"

What do you like best?

There is an a lot to like here. This application can open almost any type of video file format even when others can't. It is truly the only video player you will need on any device. Also the quality of the videos it displays are amazing. It works on a desktop or a handheld device like an i-pad etc. Its really the only tool you'll need for viewing videos anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The controls are small and at times can be non responsive. This is really the only thing I do not like about the project is sometimes it can be hard to click on buttons etc / navigate around the interface, but it is fairly simple and easy to use when just loading a video to view.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great viewer and offers a ton of files support. It can view almost any type of file and it looks good while doing so. I have never had issues with support etc and when I have had to reach out to get an idea of while a certain video file would not load support has been extremely helpful.

We receive all types of video files for review and VideoLAN/VLC Viewer has made our lives much easier. We can open ALL different types of files and view them well.

VideoLan review by Denah E.
Denah E.

"Great alternative video software"

What do you like best?

I love that I'm able to view a variety of video types on this one software. It's easy to watch .mp4, .avi, .wav, etc. all in one easy location. I've encountered a lot of software that make non-mac native video types difficult, but this is perfect. ALSO! For some reason, I've found that the audio can be made a lot louder on VideoLan than on other softwares. That's a bonus all around.

What do you dislike?

I guess I dislike the fact that my files aren't all combined in one library. That makes things cleaner, but I do think the positives outweigh the negatives.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rarely, but sometimes, I've seen the audio and video not sync up. Give it some time to load and it should be ok.

Sometimes I feel limited on a Mac in a PC world (even though it's less and less problematic) and this is one more way that I can feel competitive, because I'm not limited in viewing video types.

VideoLan review by Madhu S.
Madhu S.

"The ultimate video playing app"

What do you like best?

VideoLan has 7 awesome features:

1) Can play anything.

No need to worry about video formats or codecs. Just pop your video file into VideoLan and it will play it!

2) Excellent tools

VideoLan has a wide variety of tools. These include:

a) Adjusting speed - This is invaluable, especially for training videos where tutors might speak too fast or too slow.

b) Taking screen shots - Great if you need a screenshot of something

c) Rotating video - Ideal when a video has arrived in the wrong orientation.

d) Remembers place - When replaying a video, it continues from where you last left off.

e) Filtering tools: VideoLan has a selection of tools for making videos clearer. This is especially useful for watching older videos which might not be in HD. VideoLan will make them sharper.

3) Keyboard shortcuts

VideoLan has a great selection of shortcuts and you can easily add shortcuts to any feature.

My favorite shortcuts are the seek keys which make it easy to jump to a specific part of a video.

4) Great interface

The interface only displays the most common functions. Advanced features are sensibly hidden away.

5) It's free

Remarkably all these excellent features are free of charge!

6) Awesome support

VideoLan has excellent support forums, which give plenty of help. However, the app is very easy to use, so you will probably never need any help

7) Cross platform

VideoLan works on multiple platforms, including Windows, Mac and Android

What do you dislike?

VideoLan has 2 problems:

1) Non silent updates

VideoLan sometimes asks to update, usually when opening the app. This is annoying as you normally want to get straight into watching a video. It would be better if you could set it to silent update.

2) Advanced features are hidden away

Some of the more advance features such as being able to rotate a video are hidden away.

On the whole this is good, because it avoids overloading the average user, but it would be nice if there was an option to move these features to a more prominent place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent. It has everything you would want.

I use VideoLan for two key business functions:

1) Converting video

I frequently need to convert video files to mobile friendly formats that clients can use.

For example, I may have videos in FLAC or MKV format and need to convert them to mp4 for mobiles.

2) For watching training videos

For this purpose, Videolan helps in the following ways:

A) Adjusting speed - In the training videos, the tutors might speak too fast or too slow, so speed control is very useful.

B) Taking screen shots - I often need to take screen shots of the training video contents. This is a good way of making notes on what I am learning.

C) Remembers place - I can leave a video and then come back without having to find my place. This saves a lot of time and ensures there are no gaps in my learning.

D) Zoom: I can use Videolan’s zoom tools to zoom in content on the training videos, which is very handy, especially if there are details in the video that aren’t that clear to see.

VideoLan review by Diogo V.
Diogo V.

"The ultimate player"

What do you like best?

It simply plays everything. When others fail VideoLan doesn't. It simply works. And it's free!

You can also use it to convert videos to other formats, take snapshots for review, plays dvds, audio, you name it. And it basically runs in every platform.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it doesn't have a review system implemented. If we could place notes and eventually generate a list of annotations for later adjustments for the video project would be a great addition.

The interface could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If every other player fails. Try VideoLan. Or don't try any other player, just use videolan because it will run.

Playback review, testing and sometimes converting videos or audio. When a client needs to be sure the video will play in the trade show or in is laptop, we always ask that he installs VideoLan to be sure it will play.

VideoLan review by Proste M.
Proste M.

"un lecteur de Vidéo 100% fiable"

What do you like best?

je utilise régulièrement VLC média Player sur mon ordinateur est je suis toujours satifait de se service il a toujours lu mes fichiers vidéo que se soit des filmes maison ou des vidéo téléchargées il est compétent et très utile il me permet aussi de lire des musiques .mp3 ou aute il est un lecteur de Média Trés bien

What do you dislike?

je trouve que sont menu est légèrement trop gris et que qu cela fait vite du fouillis mais si on y touches pas il est très intuitif

Recommendations to others considering the product

si Vous cherchez une application pour lire tous les média que vous avez je vous le conseil il est gratuit est efficace

il me permets de lire toute les vidéo donc j'ai besoin et pour mes collègues aussi il prend peut de place et est très pratique