Vidyo

Vidyo pioneered Personal Telepresence enabling natural, HD multi-point videoconferences on tablets, smart phones, PCs, Macs, room systems and telepresence installations that interoperate with legacy H.323 and SIP endpoints. Vidyo’s infrastructure makes it a leading provider of affordable cloud-based video conferencing technology. The VidyoWorks™ platform allows solution providers to integrate high quality visual communications into their applications, leveraging H.264 Scalable Video Coding (SVC) and Vidyo’s patented VidyoRouter™ technology

Work for Vidyo?

Learning about Vidyo?

Vidyo Reviews

Ask Vidyo a Question
Showing 14 Vidyo reviews
Vidyo review by User in Computer Software

"Makes video conferencing easier.. but it's not perfect!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to setup a "room" and have people join it, even if they don't have vidyo installed (through a link). The UI of the client it's very easy and straightforward: it doesn't really take much effort to jump in a video conference. Moreover, having 10+ people in a "room" gets easily handled: the video feed of the person who is speaking gets the biggest chunk of the window, while the remaining users are represented as small video thumbnails.

What do you dislike?

Vidyo avidly eats bandwidth and CPU: if either of them is lacking, the whole conferencing will become a painful experience. Vidyo won't just well behave, on Windows, in low-bandwidth conditions: the client constantly crashes or won't let you join a room. For comparison, on the same low-bandwidth channels, Skype works just fine. Moreover, one vital feature that was there in earlier version is now missing: sharing just one application instead of the whole screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure Vidyo users have enough bandwidth and a reasonable CPU to handle the video conferencing. If you're using this software to interview people, make sure you have a fallback option in case the other party doesn't have enough bandwidth.

Vidyo, as any video conferencing software, bridges people together in an easy way. Skipping the low-bandwidth scenario problems, it's a simple enough tool that let's you just concentrate on the business, without having to care too much on the "how can we have a video conference that is not limited to 4 people?".

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vidyo
Vidyo review by <span>Andrew B.</span>
Andrew B.

"Great product when it works. Some wonky user interface makes it tough though"

What do you like best?

The quality and ease of connecting real world rooms with digital video conferences for large groups is really great. And for each individual person to have the ability to have a room and connect with anyone in the organization makes it great too.

What do you dislike?

There are a bevy of odd quirks that make it difficult to get to the video interface. For many weeks, I couldn't even load the application until I finally found out that I didn't have a license. I wish there was a better system to help you understand what's holding the application back from launching rather than it just quitting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just connecting computer to computer, Skype might have all the functionality you need. But with equipment in rooms, this is a good quality program.

We are connecting people at different locations in real time with equipment in physical rooms and applications on computers. We know that we can connect people quickly with less drawback by using Vidyo.

What Video Conferencing solution do you use?

Vidyo review by <span>Gytis C.</span>
Gytis C.

"No-brainer desktop video conferencing solution"

What do you like best?

Best features are:

- easy to use high quality video conferencing over unreliable internet connections,

- virtual rooms for each user,

- browser based client for guests without need to install desktop application,

- possibility to live stream and record meetings via VidyoReplay server,

- possibility to setup different tenants for different organisations.

What do you dislike?

Live streaming and recording could have possibility to setup predefined layouts, at the moment it streams/records in 9:16 screenshare+videos and leaves a lot of empty space. Audio quality could also be better. It was a big supprise for us, that support for older VidyoRoom hardware has been dropped in new version of VidyoPortal and we were proposed buy new hardware with big discount or to stay with the current version of the VidyoPortan and refrain from upgrading. There are no possibility to recall installed licenses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before investing in your own infrastructure consider buying service directly from Vidyo or third party service providers. In case you need to have it on your own network, it is better to buy virtual edition.

We have both this solution for all institutions in Lithuanian Distance Education Network and setup separate tenants for each of them. We using it for video conference meetings inside our university, within our network and with international partners. There are several distance education programs that are using Vidyo to communicate with students and do lecture recording.

Vidyo review by <span>Adam G.</span>
Adam G.

"Spotty at best"

What do you like best?

I like the feature of having your own private room, and then a public room, that anyone can join anytime, regardless of whether I am there or not. The ability to call someone directly is nice as well.

What do you dislike?

Almost everyday, I experience video or audio issues with Vidyo, as does most everyone at my company seems. We can no longer hold large company meetings on Vidyo, for fear of issues, and thus, time wasted on a company wide scale.

We are solving the problem of the remote employee being able to collaborate with the office worker. It also provided greater opportunity of face-to-face communication, rather than the constant impersonal instant messaging.

Vidyo review by <span>Fawzi B.</span>
Fawzi B.

"our main selling point!"

What do you like best?

high quality. feature filled. at the beginning i was skeptical but using vidyo for a while really shows how powerful it is. it can record sessions and it always work! you can use your own pc to run as a server. this is a must for businesses.!

What do you dislike?

the interface can take a face lift. very confusing terms for beginners. would be nice if there is a better in browser support without need of extensions.

our main tool for communication is vidyo. we use it on a daily basis. especially in a big company it is hard to have everyone in the same working space and even in the same room so vidyo is essential.

Vidyo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Good tool, some bumps in the road."

What do you like best?

Vidyo delivers a very high fidelity video conferencing experience - I very rarely have problems with video quality or freezing and when I do they're usually connection-related.

What do you dislike?

Many of the features in Vidyo are not obvious - to the point that in my interview when I had problems with it, my colleagues joked that if Vidyo worked perfectly for me, I wouldn't be a good culture fit here.

We have 10 offices globally and 40% remote employees, plus volunteer contributors, so everyone needs to be able to meet. Vidyo's been useful for us to do that.

Vidyo review by <span>Julian V.</span>
Julian V.

"VidyoWorks"

What do you like best?

Ease of use when making and receiving video calls

What do you dislike?

Nothing to report. Programs works as it is intended.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works on multiple platforms.

Easy access to clients and conference calling. Can be used anywhere a data connection or wifi hotspot is available.

Vidyo review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Increased Face-to-Face Communication"

What do you like best?

I like that it's increased face-to-face communication. There are conversations that just need to happen face-to-face but can be geographically difficult to do. I like that it is not limited to just one person calling into a room.

What do you dislike?

Searching for rooms can be difficult. If you don't have the exact room name then searching for it is nearly impossible.

The organization I am a part of is across several states. Vidyo makes it possible to have increased face-to-face communication rather than sending an email or having a conference call.

Vidyo review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Use it for work "

What do you like best?

interface is not too bad. Ability to use multiple screens that do different functions help. Able to multiple video links for one conference.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not had too many issues with the software itself. Biggest problems we had using the product was more hardware based.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good product to use, even though don't have much to compare with

We are able to link up with other offices throughout the state to communicate live. We also are able to incorporate the clients we serve with some programming that is not avialable in their area.

Vidyo review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Vidyo"

What do you like best?

Even in places with weaker wifi, vidyo was easy to use and effective. I've used it many times with multiple people and are always able to easily set up and respond to group meetings.

What do you dislike?

I once had difficulty getting it set up on my computer. The problem was later resolved but the help and FAQ sections could be improved.

As a curriculum specialist, I move around to many school sites and it can be difficult to stay in touch with my coworkers. Vidyo keeps us connected whether at coffee shops or various locations all throughout LA.

Vidyo review by <span>Marjorie A.</span>
Marjorie A.

"vidyo"

What do you like best?

It makes it easier to communicate with people even when they aren't there physically.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes hard to connect. sometimes we cannot get into the rooms we want.

That we don't need to have the person physically there in order to hold a meeting. It makes it easier to show what you want to express to the other party.

Vidyo review by <span>Michael M.</span>
Michael M.

"Vidyo - Works Most of the Time"

What do you like best?

Very simple interface once you've got everyone in the call.

What do you dislike?

Often firewalls prevent people from joining. Have experienced downtime in the system multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ensure that users from other companies can join well before you plan to meet the first time.

Video conferencing only

Vidyo review by User

"Basic, it works"

What do you like best?

VidyoWorks seemed easy to use. A link was sent to me to hold a video conference.

What do you dislike?

Since I only used it for a single video conference, it worked fine, however now it pops up upon start up of my computer even though my settings show that it is not one of the startup apps

Video conference all

Vidyo review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use for collaborating and communicating"

What do you like best?

The setup was simple and logging in and connecting with others is fast and clean.

What do you dislike?

The cost is more than the IT folks thought was reasonable.

Collaborating across long distances

Learning about Vidyo?

* We monitor all Vidyo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.