What do you like best?
Best features are:
- easy to use high quality video conferencing over unreliable internet connections,
- virtual rooms for each user,
- browser based client for guests without need to install desktop application,
- possibility to live stream and record meetings via VidyoReplay server,
- possibility to setup different tenants for different organisations.
What do you dislike?
Live streaming and recording could have possibility to setup predefined layouts, at the moment it streams/records in 9:16 screenshare+videos and leaves a lot of empty space. Audio quality could also be better. It was a big supprise for us, that support for older VidyoRoom hardware has been dropped in new version of VidyoPortal and we were proposed buy new hardware with big discount or to stay with the current version of the VidyoPortan and refrain from upgrading. There are no possibility to recall installed licenses.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Before investing in your own infrastructure consider buying service directly from Vidyo or third party service providers. In case you need to have it on your own network, it is better to buy virtual edition.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We have both this solution for all institutions in Lithuanian Distance Education Network and setup separate tenants for each of them. We using it for video conference meetings inside our university, within our network and with international partners. There are several distance education programs that are using Vidyo to communicate with students and do lecture recording.