Vimeo

Vimeo is an on-Line video hosting community. Vimeo is the home for high-quality videos and the people who love them.

Work for Vimeo?
Knovio 2x

Learning about Vimeo?

Vimeo Reviews

Showing 70 Vimeo reviews
Vimeo review by <span>Shelby R.</span>
Shelby R.

Vimeo has potential

What do you like best?

I love Vimeo as a user platform. There is excellent content on Vimeo for amazing creatives. I have found so many inspirational creative videos that showcase excellent work. The interface is very aesthetically pleasing. Mobile user experience is also done well.

What do you dislike?

Using Vimeo for business is a little tricky. I love it as a personal social platform but for business it's a little rough and they have a lot of kinks to work out. They finally added a few features that make organizing your videos better and that was nice. The review page is awkward to get to and looks so drab compared to the rest of the interface. I don't like that you can't tell who accessed your privately linked videos. You can't tell what time they accessed the videos either. I don't like that the configuration process isn't included in the upload process, just when you think your video is done, nope! Still need 45 more minutes to configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing to sites like Wipster, Vimeo is definitely lacking. It's nice cause it's cheap but not very feasible for incredibly detailed video review. It's great for bulk review. They are definitely trying to get in the game but still needs a lot of work.

It's pretty cheap if you are needing something to review dozes and dozes of videos at a time privately for a client. It's good for internal videos as well.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vimeo
Vimeo review by <span>Anna H.</span>
Anna H.

Vimeo - great for easy video sharing.

What do you like best?

I love that I can upload a video straight from iMovie into Vimeo quickly and efficiently. Vimeo has great privacy settings so that you can choose your audience. It's also easy to share from Vimeo onto other platforms through social share buttons and embed codes. When looking through your own account videos, I enjoy the layout and large video previews, making it easy to find a video. The team settings makes it easy to share an account with your coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to upload videos in a square format!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to upload straight from iMovie, edit privacy settings and disperse your video through other channels. If you're looking for square videos, this isn't your tool.

Vimeo has been our primary way of uploading and sharing company videos on social media, on our webpages through embed codes and even sharing the link with a privacy code so that only certain people can review the video before it becomes public. It is a great tool to manage all our videos.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Vimeo review by <span>Erik S.</span>
Erik S.

VIMEO IS THE BEST VIDEO HOSTING YOU´LL EVER FIND, PERIOD

What do you like best?

If you´re looking for a reliable video hosting provider, look no further, Vimeo is the right tool for you. I love to bits the fact that Vimeo doesn´t impose advertisements on my videos. Furthermore, I´m so happy that Vimeo enables me to use a great arsenal of advanced options: I can protect my videos privacy, so that they´re only seen on the domains I choose; I can disable Vimeo´s logo, so that the video player looks like a white label tool! I can also add the function for increasing or decreasing the speed of my videos, and I can choose to place any thumbnail as the beginning and end for my videos. I love you Vimeo!!!

What do you dislike?

I know that Vimeo is the greatest video tool I´ve ever found. Nevertheless, there´s a thing I don´t really like about Vimeo: when I´m on the control panel to enable or disable options such as adding the wide screen widget or adding the widgets for the video title and user name over the video, I have to enable them one by one, and save the changes one by one. It would be great if I could first choose all the widgets I want to enable or disable, and then just confirm these changes once at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Vimeo because It´s a great video hosting service at the right price. Nonetheless, I have a suggestion for you: it´s really annoying that, every time that I want to enable a function (like adding the complete screen option, enabling my username on the screen, disabling Vimeo´s logo, etc.) I have to confirm that I want to enable or disable that option. It would be better if I could select all of the options that I want to enable or disable, and then I just click the CONFIRM button only once.

Serious workers (either freelance workers or enterprises) need their own video hosting that makes them look professional when they share their videos with current and prospect clients. If they share videos that are stored on YouTube, they don´t look really professional because all of their videos will have YouTube´s logo; however, if they share their videos on a player that doesn´t show a third party logo (like YouTube), then they´ll look really professional. This is a serious business problem that Vimeo solves!

Vimeo review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

Excellent site to host your professional video

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and a professional platform to showcase film and video. Good for showing clients. Easy to embed on websites. I also love the feature that allows clients to comment on videos at specific points and provide feedback -- good for situations where you are a work for hire and uploading rough cuts of a project and want your client's feedback.

What do you dislike?

When showcasing original content/film, it can be challenging to get "noticed" in the crowd. Vimeo features a "staff picks" but they receive a lot of submissions and requests for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Professional way to host video. Excellent platform when creating original content and working with outside clients.

Hosting video online in a professional manner. You can also privately upload video to share with clients. One of the services we provided was creating original content and there is a service that allows viewers to specify feedback to specific frames.

Vimeo review by <span>David L. G.</span>
David L. G.

Excellent video sharing platform

What do you like best?

Clean interface, easy upload/download, excellent sharing tools. Overall, very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Don't love the album structure. Would like a little more control on password protection and album access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy video sharing platform, this will do the trick. Only issue is that videos are hosted on Vimeo's servers, so if security is a concern, that is something to take into account. Many companies in Hollywood are unable to use Vimeo due to the lack of control of videos that are uploaded to Vimeo's cloud.

We needed a way to share password-protected videos with various people and groups. This gave us the platform needed to do this.

Vimeo review by <span>Ashlie P.</span>
Ashlie P.

Cost Effective Video Hosting Solution

What do you like best?

The ability to remove Vimeo branding and other buttons that click off the page while embedding into a webpage.

Also it is very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that they didn't have a live feature, but they are currently rolling that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use YouTube as well but prefer Vimeo for anything that I would like to keep exclusive to my brand. I look at it more as a professional way to offer video to my customers and prospects instead of solely social media.

Being able to offer video to members without having to host on the site or stream through AWS. It is easy, looks great and easy.

Learning about Vimeo?

* We monitor all Vimeo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.