Vimeo

Vimeo is an on-Line video hosting community. Vimeo is the home for high-quality videos and the people who love them.

Work for Vimeo?

Learning about Vimeo?

Vimeo Reviews

Showing 103 Vimeo reviews
Vimeo review by <span>Andrew G.</span>
Andrew G.

"Still the Best option for Video File Management and Distribution"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is by far the best value for money when it comes to storage and delivery of video files. From SD to 4K Vimeo has me covered and when you look at the annual pricing tiers plus the zero (0) streaming fees it makes a wonderful 'back end' for online education, video on demand, and subscriber based platform networks.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo's interface can get a bit of getting used to. It's great for folks who plan to upload and stream a documentary or create a small portfolio of films for their resume or business, but when you get into the hundreds or thousands of clips online you need to make sure (as I have done) that you create an archiving system for your films. Unfortunately this means that searching for clips involves the clip title as Vimeo does not allow hidden file names so you have to get used to seeing numerical elements in your titles if you plan to go that route. Otherwise it's a great product with great streaming quality.

Also -- due to Vimeo being used extensively by documentary film producers where the subject matter can be controversial or negatively seen from political regimes, it is often blocked in 3rd world countries such as Indonesia so bear this in mind if you plan to service those markets -- you would be better off using Youtube which although has it's own sets of pro's and con's is available for viewing in more markets than Vimeo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bear in mind its limitations on streaming in some international markets, and its suitability for archival solutions compared to Youtube. Perhaps as we have done, maintain content on both Youtube and Vimeo in order to gain the benefits of both worlds.

We deliver streaming video to artists around the world. The front end is an online platform, which was developed by a UK based company, the payment gateway is Paypal, and the 'back end' or video archive is Vimeo. It is a robust solution.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vimeo
Vimeo review by <span>Anthony A.</span>
Anthony A.

"Perfect and secure video platform"

What do you like best?

I have been using this platform since my university studies. All my university work and the professionals, when I had to edit them on video, I have always uploaded them on this platform because the quality is unbeatable.

I have always noticed that it is much better than other video platforms like Youtube. In vimeo the quality of image, the one of ascent of videos and especially because the contents tend to be more professional.

As for the upload of videos to the platform, I've never had problems. They have always been uploaded correctly and over the years faster.

What do you dislike?

At the beginning of the platform, if I remember correctly, I think you did not have to subscribe to a plan and have to pay to enjoy all the content.

Now I do not like it that much because it asks you to pay for a plan if you want to enjoy many of its advantages. From my point of view they have lost a lot on this issue since not everyone can afford to pay a plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before starting to use this platform, it is important to know that to enjoy all the advantages you have to pay for a plan.

Without paying you can enjoy the basic advantages, but it is obvious that paying even the smallest plan, you start to enjoy.

Even so, it is worth using this platform due to the high image quality that the videos have

In my company it served us for the explanation of programs.

What Video Hosting solution do you use?

Vimeo review by <span>Sinari D.</span>
Sinari D.

"Great site for hosting and monitizing your videos"

What do you like best?

I like how clean Vimeo is. It seems to have a reputation for higher quality works, unlike YouTube where you have to sort through the good and the bad. Because of this we signed up for their Pro plan so we could sell episodes of our web series. It was simple and straightforward to use, had a beautiful interface and made it very easy to share our videos through social media. We had our own page specifically for the web series where customers could purchase and download each episode individually or the entire series all at once. There were plenty of options for sharing online and we were able to make good use of social media to get our work out where people could see it. It also had places where people could review and comment, and even recommend to others, all on a clean, customizable page for our series (which we were able to customize to match the look and feel of the series itself, including color scheme and images).

What do you dislike?

For some reason people weren't always able to figure out how to purchase our episodes or full series, so perhaps that could be made clearer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great platform for selling your original content.

We were able to sell our fantasy web series in episodes and as a season through Vimeo, giving more credibility to our small film company and reach more viewers. Because of Vimeo's reputation it lent a certain professionalism to our production.

Vimeo review by <span>Rachel B.</span>
Rachel B.

"Vimeo is great for hosting videos online, but it doesn't work very well for delivery to clients."

What do you like best?

I like that vimeo is decently inexpensive. I also like that privacy settings are highly customizable. It is also very useful that we can make the videos downloadable, as well as password protected.

What do you dislike?

When uploaded to vimeo, the color profile on our videos is changed, and the the image looks much more flat, unsaturated, and with less contrast. It is also unhelpful that we cannot arrange our public-facing vimeo page to show the videos from newest to oldest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that– if you use vimeo to deliver to clients– make sure to inform your clients to download the videos to view in order to preserve color. Otherwise, if they view it on vimeo, the color will not look accurate or even good.

We are using vimeo to host videos for the public, and we are sending private linked videos to internal and external clients for review and dowloadable delivery.

Vimeo review by <span>Shelby R.</span>
Shelby R.

"Vimeo has potential"

What do you like best?

I love Vimeo as a user platform. There is excellent content on Vimeo for amazing creatives. I have found so many inspirational creative videos that showcase excellent work. The interface is very aesthetically pleasing. Mobile user experience is also done well.

What do you dislike?

Using Vimeo for business is a little tricky. I love it as a personal social platform but for business it's a little rough and they have a lot of kinks to work out. They finally added a few features that make organizing your videos better and that was nice. The review page is awkward to get to and looks so drab compared to the rest of the interface. I don't like that you can't tell who accessed your privately linked videos. You can't tell what time they accessed the videos either. I don't like that the configuration process isn't included in the upload process, just when you think your video is done, nope! Still need 45 more minutes to configure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When comparing to sites like Wipster, Vimeo is definitely lacking. It's nice cause it's cheap but not very feasible for incredibly detailed video review. It's great for bulk review. They are definitely trying to get in the game but still needs a lot of work.

It's pretty cheap if you are needing something to review dozes and dozes of videos at a time privately for a client. It's good for internal videos as well.

Vimeo review by <span>Anna H.</span>
Anna H.

"Vimeo - great for easy video sharing."

What do you like best?

I love that I can upload a video straight from iMovie into Vimeo quickly and efficiently. Vimeo has great privacy settings so that you can choose your audience. It's also easy to share from Vimeo onto other platforms through social share buttons and embed codes. When looking through your own account videos, I enjoy the layout and large video previews, making it easy to find a video. The team settings makes it easy to share an account with your coworkers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to upload videos in a square format!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's so easy to upload straight from iMovie, edit privacy settings and disperse your video through other channels. If you're looking for square videos, this isn't your tool.

Vimeo has been our primary way of uploading and sharing company videos on social media, on our webpages through embed codes and even sharing the link with a privacy code so that only certain people can review the video before it becomes public. It is a great tool to manage all our videos.

Vimeo review by <span>Erik S.</span>
Erik S.

"VIMEO IS THE BEST VIDEO HOSTING YOU´LL EVER FIND, PERIOD"

What do you like best?

If you´re looking for a reliable video hosting provider, look no further, Vimeo is the right tool for you. I love to bits the fact that Vimeo doesn´t impose advertisements on my videos. Furthermore, I´m so happy that Vimeo enables me to use a great arsenal of advanced options: I can protect my videos privacy, so that they´re only seen on the domains I choose; I can disable Vimeo´s logo, so that the video player looks like a white label tool! I can also add the function for increasing or decreasing the speed of my videos, and I can choose to place any thumbnail as the beginning and end for my videos. I love you Vimeo!!!

What do you dislike?

I know that Vimeo is the greatest video tool I´ve ever found. Nevertheless, there´s a thing I don´t really like about Vimeo: when I´m on the control panel to enable or disable options such as adding the wide screen widget or adding the widgets for the video title and user name over the video, I have to enable them one by one, and save the changes one by one. It would be great if I could first choose all the widgets I want to enable or disable, and then just confirm these changes once at the end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love Vimeo because It´s a great video hosting service at the right price. Nonetheless, I have a suggestion for you: it´s really annoying that, every time that I want to enable a function (like adding the complete screen option, enabling my username on the screen, disabling Vimeo´s logo, etc.) I have to confirm that I want to enable or disable that option. It would be better if I could select all of the options that I want to enable or disable, and then I just click the CONFIRM button only once.

Serious workers (either freelance workers or enterprises) need their own video hosting that makes them look professional when they share their videos with current and prospect clients. If they share videos that are stored on YouTube, they don´t look really professional because all of their videos will have YouTube´s logo; however, if they share their videos on a player that doesn´t show a third party logo (like YouTube), then they´ll look really professional. This is a serious business problem that Vimeo solves!

Vimeo review by <span>Victoria R.</span>
Victoria R.

"High Quality Video"

What do you like best?

Like the title says, I like that all your videos are uploaded in the highest quality possible, making your videos look their best. Whether it's a commercial, a promotional video, or a trailer for your feature film, you can rest assured that your video will look its best on Vimeo.

I also like that you can upload private videos that can be accessed with a password.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much I dislike about Vimeo, other than you have storage limits and if you want more you have to pay. If you're a big business with a big budget though, paying for high quality shouldn't be a problem though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with Vimeo unless you have a big project and a small budget.

Like mentioned before, with Vimeo you can upload private videos that can only be accessed with a password. This is perfect for videos that are not meant for the public and that only need to be viewed by new employees or potential clients. I have not found any other site that does this.

Vimeo review by <span>Gabriel J.</span>
Gabriel J.

"Vimeo is Great for Filmmakers"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a fantastic place for Filmmakers to connect, get inspired, and share content. I appreciate Vimeo's visual appearance. It's clean, it's sleek, it look professional. I love Vimeo's user interface, and functionality. It accentuates your content, and has a lot of great features that other video sharing platforms do not.

What do you dislike?

Slow buffer speeds. While Vimeo's hosting and compression displays videos better, it does come at a cost when slow wifi or data speeds are present. It can be an annoyance trying to share content in a meeting, and it takes 60 seconds to buffer all the way. This is a minor annoyance and inconvenience, more of a gripe, but it still is a real thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While this is a paid product, I promise it is worth it. The ability to have password protected videos, downloadability and high quality private links is extremely valuable. Your videos look better when played, and your profile will look cleaner and more professional than the other services. I completely recommend vimeo, like a fine wine, it's only getting better with age.

Vimeo is a great platform to send and update videos, both to clients, and the public. I love the private link function, the ability to comment and critique videos in program. I find that Vimeo seems "more professional" than yo*t*be and other services. The plus and pro functions speak to a care for your work. It adds a legitimacy to your work, and portfolio.

Vimeo review by Administrator in Media Production
Administrator in Media Production

"Excellent site to host your professional video"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and a professional platform to showcase film and video. Good for showing clients. Easy to embed on websites. I also love the feature that allows clients to comment on videos at specific points and provide feedback -- good for situations where you are a work for hire and uploading rough cuts of a project and want your client's feedback.

What do you dislike?

When showcasing original content/film, it can be challenging to get "noticed" in the crowd. Vimeo features a "staff picks" but they receive a lot of submissions and requests for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Professional way to host video. Excellent platform when creating original content and working with outside clients.

Hosting video online in a professional manner. You can also privately upload video to share with clients. One of the services we provided was creating original content and there is a service that allows viewers to specify feedback to specific frames.

Vimeo review by <span>David L. G.</span>
David L. G.

"Excellent video sharing platform"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, easy upload/download, excellent sharing tools. Overall, very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

Don't love the album structure. Would like a little more control on password protection and album access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy video sharing platform, this will do the trick. Only issue is that videos are hosted on Vimeo's servers, so if security is a concern, that is something to take into account. Many companies in Hollywood are unable to use Vimeo due to the lack of control of videos that are uploaded to Vimeo's cloud.

We needed a way to share password-protected videos with various people and groups. This gave us the platform needed to do this.

Vimeo review by <span>Ashlie P.</span>
Ashlie P.

"Cost Effective Video Hosting Solution"

What do you like best?

The ability to remove Vimeo branding and other buttons that click off the page while embedding into a webpage.

Also it is very simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like that they didn't have a live feature, but they are currently rolling that out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use YouTube as well but prefer Vimeo for anything that I would like to keep exclusive to my brand. I look at it more as a professional way to offer video to my customers and prospects instead of solely social media.

Being able to offer video to members without having to host on the site or stream through AWS. It is easy, looks great and easy.

Vimeo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Vimeo for TV Commercial sales"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can control who has access to our videos by providing them with a password to view. Also, I like the fact that we can turn off the embed feature so that people cannot steal our work. I also love the reporting tool so we can see how many viewers watch our commercials after we send out an email blast with a link to the videos.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints with Vimeo in the time we have been using it. Everything has always worked well and I haven't had any issues with it crashing or anything.

We needed a way to share examples of our television commercials with our potential clients without having them be completely visible to our competitors as well. Vimeo has been the perfect solution.

Vimeo review by <span>Daniel P.</span>
Daniel P.

"I love Vimeo and it is always getting better"

What do you like best?

Vimeo provides a one stop shop for all of our video hosting because it automatically compresses video in multiple formats and then provides the user with the quality best suited to their connection speed and device.

What do you dislike?

They could provide a better management system on site for sharing groups of Videos. Currently it is difficult to organize the videos once you have them put into a collection. I would consider this a huge problem

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo is a professional looking video service that is geared towards those who want to use it in commercial applications.

Vimeo helps us deliver high quality videos to our students which leaves us free to focus on producing the best videos we can while they worry about getting the videos in a format that is viewable by the end user

Vimeo review by <span>Ben B.</span>
Ben B.

"Overall good platform. App needs some adjustment"

What do you like best?

The ability to assign passwords and allow clients to download their completed file.

What do you dislike?

I cannot change the ability for clients to download through the app. This makes it frustrating to have a client's payment go through and not be able to give them access to their file while on my mobile device.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go ahead and pay for the subscription. Your upload times will be MUCH faster.

It allows me to send a viewable file to clients, then replaces a watermarked video with the final video without changing the original link that I sent to the client.

Vimeo review by <span>Mike W.</span>
Mike W.

"The easiest, most reliable, fastest, and most cost effective way to manage videos online"

What do you like best?

Vimeo makes it easy to upload, tag, manage, and share your video files with individuals, teams, or the general public. It automatically scales the video file to the bandwidth availability of the requestor. It's sharing capabilities with Wipster and other tools make workflow easy to set up and use.

What do you dislike?

I'd like there to be a program between pro (20Gb/week) and business (3Tb/year).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use lots of video and need to make managing it easier, Vimeo is for you.

Vimeo lets me share work-in-progress or consulting session workshops confidentially with clients and contractors. It lets me share 'dailies' with clients so that they can see the progress of our facilitated sessions and workshops even if they are far away. Vimeo has made my deliverables better and given me an edge over competitors.

Vimeo review by User

"Excellent hosting solution for marketing/promotional videos and technical/support screencasts"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Upload and updating videos is a breeze and with the setting options, I can easily set the view/ads/embed options and privacy so I can control who and where people can view these videos, especially if we need to share a secure video with a client. Also extremely easy to set thumbnail, upload captions, and organize videos into collections.

What do you dislike?

The only thing downside I've seen in the past is finding my videos, but it seems I was looking in the wrong place and kept forgetting to go to the Manage Videos dropdown menu next to the Vimeo logo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are wondering whether you should self-host videos or use a video hosting solution such as Vimeo, it would be in your best interest to choose Vimeo. With the security considerations as well as the infrastructure to deliver your content fast and effortlessly, in addition to accessibility options, VImeo is an excellent choice.

Hosting videos to be shown on multiple product marketing and help center sites, and securely sending videos with confidential info to clients using the passcode option.

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Quality for those who create and publish video!"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is the top for those in the industry looking to have a place to upload and share video. This isn't youtube. This product isn't for those looking to be found and become famous. Vimeo is especially for those who create video and want a seamless and professional place to send clients, reviewers, and house their high quality video.

What do you dislike?

The upside is almost the same as the downside. The site where videos are housed are not easily searchable. You won't get "found" by using Vimeo. You'll have to go onto the platform understanding this is not youtube and it's not meant to be. Vimeo is for those who create video to house and showcase their video.

Vimeo allows us to showcase produced videos on a professional platform that is high quality, easy to use, and most of all, high quality. We use this platform to store and showcase all our videos for display to our audiences. It allows us to not get bundled up in the cattle call of youtube videos.

Vimeo review by <span>David C.</span>
David C.

"An Excellent Professional Platform for Videographers"

What do you like best?

It's a great place to see inspiring work from other videographers, animators and more.

What do you dislike?

I'm not really sure where it stands, you can use YouTube for hosting anything, there are special platforms like Dribbble or Behance for specific project, then you can use it for project management but I prefer Frame.io. Vimeo gets lost in the mix it doesn't do any one thing great but several things that it's just OK at.

Sometimes I will put things on Vimeo because of it's reputation, i.e. People think it's cooler to have something Vimeo hosted for some reason.

Vimeo review by Consultant

"Great organizational too!"

What do you like best?

My team and I love the organization Vimeo brings to our business. It allows us to be sure our video are in a secure and safe spot. It's also very easy to download videos. We LOVE the fact you can tag and add a unch of details to each video.

What do you dislike?

The user experience isn't necessarily the best. We find it hard to easily find things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program to use when you need to share and download videos.

We upload doctor biographies onto Vimeo for security purposes. We are solving business problems by being able to easily share and download video across our very large business.

Vimeo review by <span>Carolyn J.</span>
Carolyn J.

"Easiest video upload around!"

What do you like best?

We use Vimeo in our office at least once a week to share psa's with our members so they can air on their broadcast stations and we have never had an issue.

What do you dislike?

I really, honestly can't think of anything I dislike.

Our association generates public service announcements and vimeo cuts out the need for a third party that we would have needed to create a shareable link.

Vimeo review by User in Higher Education

"great creative platform for video content."

What do you like best?

I like best about vimeo that it is a content platform that is not built on profit like youtube is so that the content shared on this platform is very artistic and of high quality and that it is less about quantity.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that even though we have paid for a pro account for several years, we would lose access to all our old videos if we would not extend our membership.

We upload high quality video content that can be shared on all our other platforms, which is not that suitable for youtube but more for a serious and more adult audience.

Vimeo review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"There's No Other Way to Put It - Vimeo Is Incredible!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to store videos on our Vimeo account, search for older videos at a moment's notice and use video review pages for others to watch our content. I also love that Vimeo offers an option to hide videos from other users. As a private company, we have a lot of private content, and being able to share it with a link and offer password protection are both major pluses!

What do you dislike?

The fact that you have to pay a monthly subscription to reach a certain level of upload capacity. For a large business, this may not be an issue, but for small businesses or individual users, this may not be feasible. A lot of people recommend using Vimeo over other sites (like YouTube) for one's video portfolio, but when a single video maxes out the upload capacity, the limitations are evident.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo is great, but as mentioned elsewhere in my review, be prepared to pay for added features and increased space. As a free service, functionality is limited, but if you can afford the monthly amount, I highly recommend it!

We use Vimeo to post video projects and share them with others in our organization. We use the video review pages and send a link to our site managers for some of more high profile videos. Otherwise, we use the software a storage site, allowing us to find, download and send older videos whenever others send a request.

Vimeo review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for our client videos"

What do you like best?

I love that there are no ads on our videos and the upload is quick! I also enjoy getting to customize the embed code and the way it is presented on other websites.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the limit to how much you can upload in a given amount of time, but we have not run into any issues after purchasing the pro account.I don't like the limit to how much you can upload in a given amount of time, but we have not run into any issues after purchasing the pro account.

Vimeo gives us a place to house all of our video marketing material with easy to share capabilities

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Vimeo for Business review"

What do you like best?

No ads, ease of use, and commitment to a smooth experience

What do you dislike?

One time upload limit in uploading videos isn't fun,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only good things to say about this! ANyone can use it. Try it!

It is so nice to use a video platform without being hounded by ads, priced correctly and is customizable. Main business problems I solve with Vimeo is moulding videos as our clients require them to be. The pre-production comments make it really easy to communicate and meet customer needs. Its pricing also makes it very attractive, so there's that financial benefit as well

Vimeo review by <span>Stephen L.</span>
Stephen L.

"Vimeo (YouTube competitor) has a useful free tier, and paid accounts with better service, no limits."

What do you like best?

Allows me to upload a meaningful amount of video, and make it public. Much as one can do on YouTube.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really. You can monetize your content over Vimeo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it.

Video distribution. Can make video available to a different audience from YouTube. Useful if you are being censored on other video distribution platforms.

Vimeo review by <span>Simon M.</span>
Simon M.

"Simple Video Player with good options"

What do you like best?

Able to watch videos easily, professor uploads lecture content to vimeo to allow students to watch content outside of class

What do you dislike?

Can be slower to load than other video players.

Using vimeo to provide students with lecture content. Video lectures allow the students to review material at their own pace/multiple times if necessary.

Vimeo review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great platform to upload and share your video portifolio"

What do you like best?

I live vimeo. Is a very professional platform to upload and share video as a video maker or to anyone that work with audiovisual.

You can choose to select who can see the video or the licenses of use.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike on vimeo. It's a great resource for visual artists.

I use vimeo as a platform to showcase my video portfolio and it serves me well. The biggest benefit is being able to share a passcode to whom I want to share the video with.

Vimeo review by <span>barbara s.</span>
barbara s.

"Like for professional videos"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to upload your video and I find it very interesting that most of the people that upload content are professionals that is what my videos are aimed at

What do you dislike?

recently they put ads like youtube and it was one of the things that I liked, that I did not have them

Thanks to her I have found a professional platform in which to share my videos and make them known to people and present them in their own way to clients.

Vimeo review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Great Website For Posting and Showcasing Videos"

What do you like best?

I love Vimeo's built in analytics page so that you can see who's watching you're content and where they're from. Another bonus (or draw, depending on how much you upload) is that you get 5GB of free upload storage each week. If you work in short form content, then that's great. If you work in long form content, you can always pay for a Vimeo Plus account with extra storage.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo unfortunately doesn't give much free space to users not paying a monthly premium. The maximum weekly upload limit is 5GB, which can seem very small with everyone nowadays editing in 4K. Another drawback of Vimeo is that the privacy settings can't be set to keep your channel itself truly private - like Wistia or other websites do. By truly private, I mean I wish when you clicked through a video link, it wouldn't take you back to all of your other videos. Also, you can't have a video play back on a password protected website, but be only password protected on Vimeo.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now Vimeo is the industry standard for video professionals uploading their work. Very few people use Youtube anymore and even less use Wistia (which is actually a great program, but quite expensive). I'd definitely suggest using Vimeo if you're looking for something cheap and professional.

Vimeo provides media professions a website to showcase their work.

Vimeo review by <span>Chelsea P.</span>
Chelsea P.

"Quick, Easy, Fun"

What do you like best?

Super easy and intuitive platform, great quality videos, easy hosting and storage, and great compatibility with other key software platforms.

What do you dislike?

Really not much--my team and I loved using Vimeo!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for quick, easy, high-quality video hosting, Vimeo is for you!

We were able to quickly host and roll out video content for key marketing needs. Because of it's quick and easy nature--and it's compatibility with other platforms--we had easy integration and launches that helped us quickly ramp up our marketing programs.

Vimeo review by <span>Louis C.</span>
Louis C.

"Unreliable for business use"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, comprehensive configuration options

What do you dislike?

1. There's some kind of glitch with mobile users on iOS when you're preferences aren't configured currently, people can't view your videos (and with half our traffic coming from iPhones and iPads, this was a HUGE problem). We had to go through hundreds of videos and manually re-configure them to work with iOS, crazy!

2. The service routinely goes down. Not like once or twice a year, but once or twice a month. This means your videos don't work. So all your paid traffic is going to broken pages with a video that doesn't play. Videos are critical to our advertising, and with them not working, we see a substantial dip in sales.

3. Their reporting is weak. For business use, we need too know average time people watch and other data points that aren't available in report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not sure why they have routine outages each month, sometimes lasting 5-10 mins (during critical business hours). There's never notice or an email explaining why, or how they are working to fix the problem.

We've since started replacing our Vimeo videos with YouTube, since it's more reliable for business needs.

Vimeo review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Vimeo - A great platform for business video"

What do you like best?

I like how Vimeo integrates well with other platforms. The appearance is much more professional than YouTube, in my opinion.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the maximum upload limit per week, but I can live with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo will give your business videos a professional edge. I highly recommend this platform for all your business promotional videos.

Vimeo actually integrated much more smoothly with an app on my website than YouTube did. This is why I needed to move my videos over to Vimeo.

Vimeo review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Entertainment
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Entertainment

"Archaic email connectivity"

What do you like best?

The logo. I have to use 40 characters and am unable to identify and other thing I like

What do you dislike?

Support

Email program

Speed is slow

Layout for group pages is one style only

Branding for group pages is limited and difficult to implement

Upload is slow

Access is not user friendly, is confused and confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Avoid. Until they pay attention to improvements to their platform, it will die a slow death. It is like a steam train. Looks good, but avoid if you want functionality that works and aids business

Video sharing - when it works

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Vimeo as a business standard"

What do you like best?

I like that vimeo is easy to use and affordable for a small business owner.

What do you dislike?

I have never had a problem using vimeo or contacting their support team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Vimeo as a 3rd party provider of streaming video because of their affordability and ease of use.

I use vimeo to host all of my training video replays. I like knowing that my videos are accessible and don't risk being removed by free services.

Vimeo review by <span>Alex K.</span>
Alex K.

"Vimeo is fantastic"

What do you like best?

So easy to navigate, great quality. And I love the ability to make collections and password protect them so easily.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything. Vimeo has done for us all we needed!

We have a lot of online educational videos and students that are all across the country. Vimeo has allowed us to password protect videos that we only want our students to see and give them easy access to them.

Vimeo review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Vimeo Review"

What do you like best?

It is a great tool to use to show a video of many areas. Specifically, we get to see how our doctors input time for the their compensation, and are able to use it as an on-boarding tool to make sure they are doing it correctly. It is also really easy to use and set up, and the videos are good quality

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be slow to load, or buffer which can be annoying. I'm not sure if that is directly related to the internet speed in general, but it can be annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing, but it seems to work just fine!

We are using it for onboarding, time entry, videos to show updates; for fun also

"Vimeo"

What do you like best?

I really liked Vimeo for a video sharing project I did with multiple people around the world.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it would say it was loaded but the video wouldn't play. That was probably due to the swize of the file so not really a vimeo problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would I love the platform

It providede a sharing platform that I would do with people around the world.

Vimeo review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Faster than YouTube"

What do you like best?

Vimeo seems to be much faster at processing larger files than YouTube, so I prefer their platform when I have to share large videos. They also have less filtering when it comes to copyright flags. (So they don't automatically flag a video if you put music on it).

What do you dislike?

I guess the only thing I dislike is the lack of monetization that you can utilize on YouTube.

I really like the sharing options, which are diverse, and allow for you to access the embed code very easily and quickly. YouTube seems to have a lot more issues with digging to get that information. With Vimeo you just have to click and it's there.

Vimeo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"I enjoy using Vimeo as an alternative"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a great alternative to other video hosting platforms. It works well across devices. I really like that I can upload a video from iMovie into Vimeo quickly and efficiently. The UI is clean and user friendly and uploading is super easy. The sharing controls are easily accessible and I also like the statistics you can see on the back end.

What do you dislike?

It's not as popular as YouTube because of the Google ownership but that's not really their fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great alternative to YouTube and has fantastic use across all devices both mobile and desktop.

It allows us to host videos when we don't want to or can't use other platforms.

Vimeo review by <span>Mark T.</span>
Mark T.

"Good Youtube Alternative"

What do you like best?

Vimeo has always been a great go to website for high quality content. Anything uploaded on Vimeo seems to have a much higher quality and credibility.

What do you dislike?

Video user base is much smaller than Youtube which greatly diminishes to amount of traffic your videos will receive.

Vimeo has allowed us to upload our high quality videos and share them with our network.

Vimeo review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Love it"

What do you like best?

Large storage space, clean interface, ease of use, and no ads. The password protection is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

The cost of the pro account feels fairly high, especially as a non-profit. I would like a feature that allows comments at specific points in the video, similar to what Soundcloud has for audio.

We use it to upload private video content that we are in various stages of refining. Not ready for public consumption yet, and allows our staff to review and give feedback.

Vimeo review by User in Computer Software

"Can be better than YouTube"

What do you like best?

If you are marketing to healthcare, finance services (banks, credit unions, etc.) or other heavily regulated industries I see a huge advantage to hosting videos on Vimeo - it is usually not blocked. YouTube hosted videos usually do not get through the firewall.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't have the exposure of YouTube to common search like on Google.

Again, great for sending video links to organizations in heavily regulate industries.

Vimeo review by <span>Genevieve L.</span>
Genevieve L.

"Vimeo for beginners"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Vimeo is one of its best attributes. I don't pretend to be massively tech savvy. I can work my way round programmes but Vimeo didn't make me feel like an idiot. The ease of uploading videos and being able to ensure the settings were correct to ensure privacy was straightforward and clear. It just made sense what it was asking me to do and there were clear instructions throughout. Being able to acces the embed code to then display the video on our LMS is brilliant. It saves our users bandwidth as they don't have to download the vidoes themselves.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I really disliked regarding Vimeo. The time it took to prepare the videos once we had uploaded them was a bit long on occasions but loads better than another hosting site we have tried to use before, which insisted on approving videos we uploaded before they were made available. This could take up to a week. Some of the privacy settings on Vimeo weren't very clear on occassions but through trial and error I was able to work out what was the best settings for our videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's user friendly, straightforward and really quick. It does exactly what you need to whilst still ensuring privacy, which is a big thing for us as an organisation.

Vimeo review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Great for aspiring filmmakers, or VSCO "artists""

What do you like best?

It's nice to either browse for others' work, or upload your own.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit cluttered with a variety of subject matter, and sometimes it feels a little too... "hipster", as it's a very common platform for beginners to showcase their skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a streamer, or someone who posts videos frequently, this may not be the best solution for you; however, if you need to upload large files, this solution is quicker and far more efficient than Youtube.

If I need to upload a video to share en masse, it's perfect. Much more reliable than youtube, and the audience is more mature and controlled. Perfect for getting your message across without internet trolling.

Vimeo review by <span>Sydney G.</span>
Sydney G.

"Great tool for organizing and sharing videos! "

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to upload and share videos that I create. I also love the ability to put my videos into albums and categories. The settings for embedding are also great.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t find anything that I dislike yet.

Video organizing and embedding, video sharing, team training videos, etc...

Vimeo review by User

"The author and HQ video browser"

What do you like best?

The content found in vimeo is usually high-quality and different from the other video browser. The quality of the content is much superior to most of the other video browsers.

What do you dislike?

As it mostly hosts the work of not so popular or cult artists, I sometimes find some restrictions on the content I can access to (for example because of my location).

Its best feature is probably the way it respects the quality of the original content. It also makes the content more protected against pyracy than other websites.

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Vimeo - Great alternative to other video storage platforms"

What do you like best?

Vimeo allows us to stream video on our website without anything extra being added, such as ads. The annual cost is decent, too. We also like that we can upload videos for email marketing, and you don't have ads appearing, like you do with YouTube, or sending users to another organization's video after watching yours.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything! Vimeo is really great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to keep your users focused on what you want them to focus on.

Streaming videos on our website; uploading videos to share through email.

Vimeo review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"otro nivel e videos"

What do you like best?

que no tiene publicidad que te interrumpe los vídeos y que no tiene ningún cobro

What do you dislike?

que hay algunos video que solo lo puedes ver proporcionado caves, creadas por los creadores del video

presentación de video de una manera nitidi sin publicidad que dañe el hilo de lo que estas viendo

Vimeo review by <span>Eisa E.</span>
Eisa E.

"Easy Yet Hard"

What do you like best?

I liked the quality of the videos/media presented.

What do you dislike?

To upload and navigate the system can be difficult if you do not understand technology.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have someone understand the web-based platform and then go from there.

Training on a different web-based system instead of youtube.

Vimeo review by User in Computer Software

"Free and easy"

What do you like best?

The upload process is simple. I like how you can select to hide the video from Vimeo from the upload screen

What do you dislike?

It takes a good amount of time for the video to compress and process.

Free and easy hosting. Easy embeds

Vimeo review by Administrator

"Great video sharing website."

What do you like best?

To be able to remove the Vimeo watermark (pro version). I also like that we can control who can view our videos. Like how Vimeo converts the video to multiple different formats.

What do you dislike?

You only get up to 5GB of free upload per week. Speed can be slow at times.

Vimeo does integrate much more smoothly with the app than YouTube. We are using the platform to roll out some training videos and private videos from events.

"Use it! Vimeo"

What do you like best?

The ease of being able to watch when you have time, pause if needed, and return when available. It reminded me more of watching you-tube videos, which is one of the latest trends in technology. Also, you can watch it on various devices.

What do you dislike?

That sometimes the video graphics were not ideal, although this may be more due to the technology available to the recorder.

This is an easy way for our campus to share information from meetings, Public announcements, or Professional development.

Vimeo review by <span>Michael P.</span>
Michael P.

"Paid for a plus account, account was deleted because "your videos sell a product" FOR SHAME"

What do you like best?

Videos are clear, crisp and load fast. Player is lightweight, design is excellent.

What do you dislike?

I signed up with a Plus account but wasn't told that I needed a Pro account as a business user. Videos about products require a "Pro" account.

Account was deleted with only an email notification saying "But because you're a business, you’ll need to upgrade your account to Vimeo PRO. You must have Vimeo PRO to upload commercial videos."

Support is rubbish. No response for 20 hours even though the account was deleted.

Not a good experience at all. Would not recommend Vimeo to any business user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Support is lousy. Cheap for a reason.

Vimeo review by Executive Sponsor in Religious Institutions
Executive Sponsor in Religious Institutions

"Overpriced and slow. "

What do you like best?

I liked that we were able to feature videos of our preaching team.

What do you dislike?

The pricing was far too high, the servers far too slow, and the functionality far too unwieldy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We don't recommend Vimeo; our advice is to use YouTube instead. Far better functionality, accessibility, audience, and price.

We desired to make our church's teaching available to our people when they had to miss worship, as well as a broader audience. Those goals were accomplished.

Vimeo review by User in Fine Art
User in Fine Art

"Good alternative for youtube"

What do you like best?

Easy to share video’s without having to send people the original file.

What do you dislike?

The free version has not enough storage to use every week.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and feels more private than youtube.

Promoting my work is made very easy this way.

Vimeo review by User in Financial Services

"Vimeo Review - Love it "

What do you like best?

Super cool website with access to a lot of interesting, educational material. Super easy to create your own videos as well.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The site is user friendly and easy to use. Can turn you into a videographer even if you have never created a video on your own before.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely consider it. There are great tutorials for new users and the site is very simple to use.

Creating videos.

Vimeo review by <span>Chad P.</span>
Chad P.

"Always a Great Experience"

What do you like best?

It's simple. Uploads, simple. Tagging, embedding, playback, statistics, emailing, sharing - all of it. It's just so simple. I love it for business, playback is clean and you can do anything you want with it. That said, I am a "pro" user not a free user.

What do you dislike?

No much, but if I have to pick on anything, when I go into the site, I would prefer a better "home page" experience. I always have to navigate to my videos and past what's in the general feed. By I'm more producer than consumer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try, you'll love it! You can start off with the free version, but if you want to get into power usage, do not be afraid to upgrades, it's totally worth it!

"An alright video tool"

What do you like best?

You find videos that are not on Youtube. Vimeo's rules and regulations seem to be a little more relaxed than other video publishing websites.

What do you dislike?

Vimeo is outdated. Anything you watch here is mostly already published on YouTube save the ones that are copyright protected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have exclusive series and more advertising will drastically improve the quality and the quantity of the website.

Videos upload and business video sharing.

Vimeo review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"I love the ease of use! "

What do you like best?

The ability to upload content and share it with a mass audience. My audience doesn't have to log in to view.

What do you dislike?

It is hard to download directly for users (especially if my content isn't in need of securing). There are third party websites to download youtube videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. See if it works for your organization.

The display is professional for our audience.

Vimeo review by User in Higher Education

"Youtube but more secure and private"

What do you like best?

easy to use, able to make videos private and share with company with higher quality

What do you dislike?

search bar at top vs. search bar within own channel took me forever to distinguish

place to hide all the internal company videos

Vimeo review by User

"Fantastic for hosting videos on wordpress"

What do you like best?

Processing time is reasonable, there are good privacy options and its a stable and reliable video hosting platform for videos on wordpress sites.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the smallest change in settings can result in the embedded video just deciding not to play. Also its quite annoying to get to your albums/channels from the home page. IT SHOULD BE RIGHT THERE but you have to go to profile to find it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy a plan if you plan for vimeo to do heavy lifting.

Hosting videos for sites and sending previews. The password feature is great.

Vimeo review by User in Internet

"Great showcase for video"

What do you like best?

Fast pretty, and you are surrounded by other quality content

What do you dislike?

Not as easy as youtube- but getting closer.

show videos to clients

Vimeo review by User

"vimeo tools for producers"

What do you like best?

Put coments inside the video anywhere and share whit contacts

What do you dislike?

For me is perfect, more easy than YT and less ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It has less ads than YT and videos loads more quickly than YT, this two points are special for us.

Share some tutorials for products

Vimeo review by Administrator in Computer Software

"I love using it! Easy and simple upload"

What do you like best?

ease of use, simple upload, and high-quality video.

What do you dislike?

cannot upload large without subscription, very limited use without subscription

I can view limited data of the video views, but love that people can easily view it public or I can send a private link.

Vimeo review by <span>Daniel J.</span>
Daniel J.

"Very Professional"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a great alternative to YouTube. They have a much more professional look and feel, and I personally think there are many more high-quality videos on Vimeo than YouTube. Obviously both sites are going to have good and bad videos, I just feel like the ratio is much better on Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

That being said, the exposure is much greater on YouTube. Many more people use YouTube and everyone knows what it is. If you want to just get your video out there to as many people as possible, YouTube would be the way to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want wide exposure, YouTube is the way to go. If you want a more professional feel, Vimeo is the way to go. If you just want more exposure for your videos, why not use both?

Vimeo review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Very useful for both public and private videos "

What do you like best?

So many different privacy settings - great for proprietary content

What do you dislike?

Processing can sometimes take a while and you cannot make some changes while it is doing so

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great alternative to youtube

It's any easy way to host but also protect your videos

"LOVE VENMO "

What do you like best?

It easy to pay friends or vendors. Can't bet the convenience of it.

What do you dislike?

I am okay with everything at the time no issues

Being able to get paid on the spot after doing a job

Vimeo review by <span>Erin P.</span>
Erin P.

"Modern & Professional Video Sharing Platform"

What do you like best?

I like that Vimeo seems to be taken more seriously in terms of the quality of videos that are posted (in comparison with YouTube). A lot of users I follow are artists and designers who create really professional pieces, often sharing the tools used to create their short films, which I find helpful. Comment feeds are more constructive and positive than on other sites, which is refreshing. I also love the interface…it is very well-designed and ad-free. Overall I feel like Vimeo is a more modern and professional site for video marketing.

What do you dislike?

Not the first place people generally look for videos, since YouTube is still the leader. The search results aren’t always helpful or quite what I’m looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Vimeo (it’s free, too!), but if you’re using it primarily to market yourself or your company, then you’ll probably want to be on YouTube as well. The upgrades offer a lot of great options for further marketing / storage / statistics that are very reasonably priced.

Vimeo review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Great video hosting for brands"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is centered on hosting and sharing your personal project videos instead of making videos to go viral or generating revenue. They are doing a great way to separate the community with the commercial aspect by offering the PRO product for businesses who want to use their network to host the videos.

What do you dislike?

Only one plan for their PRO product, although it is very generous and worth every cent you spent.

"Venmo best money app"

What do you like best?

I love the convenience how easy it is to pay amongst friends

What do you dislike?

That there’s fee for instant transfers onto your debit card

Easy in paying vendors or friends

Vimeo review by <span>Bernardo D.</span>
Bernardo D.

"Great alternative to YouTube"

What do you like best?

Like most people reviewing this tool have said, the absence of ads is refreshing. It's easy to get going with the pro account, which is inexpensive if you consider what you're getting back.

What do you dislike?

The community side that you get from YouTube is missing on Vimeo. While on YouTube channels you can easily build a community of subscribers who follow your videos and comment etc., Vimeo doesn't really have that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to be nagged about creating a Google account or you're not bothered about having ads in your videos, definitely consider using Vimeo. However, familiarise yourself with the free version before you get the premium package.

Vimeo review by <span>Jon J.</span>
Jon J.

"Like YouTube with no ads!"

What do you like best?

No ads! Wahoo! Wouldn't you say the most annoying part of YouTube is ads? Wish I would've known about vimeo sooner.

What do you dislike?

Still probably not the best choice for big channel users. YouTube still has the majority of the viewers. So as a viewer- vimeo. A filmer - YouTube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to create a successful video channel, youtube is probably still your best bet.

Vimeo review by <span>John O.</span>
John O.

"Vimeo - A great way to share content"

What do you like best?

The quality of Vimeo is great. The web interface is clean and easy to use. I like how content can be accessed on a variety of devices.

What do you dislike?

If you're using the free version of Vimeo, then the time it takes to encode your video content takes a while for it to be public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Vimeo to others as it just recently came out with new features for selling your content. I really like that model and the direction that this product is heading. Great job Vimeo!

Vimeo review by <span>John H.</span>
John H.

"A nice alternative to YouTube"

What do you like best?

Vimeo provides a great way to share your videos, minus the ubiquitous advertising all over YouTube. Like YouTube, Vimeo also has sophisticated streaming technology that adjusts for whether you are watching on dial-up (does anyone still even do that?) or high speed broadband.

What do you dislike?

YouTube offers slightly more analytics info on your videos. Vimeo limits how much you can store in your account before needing to purchase the "plus" subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you hate in-your-face ads and commercials, Vimeo is a great solution for video streaming.

Vimeo review by <span>Shyam K.</span>
Shyam K.

"Great place to share videos and not be bombarded by ads :)"

What do you like best?

No Ads is always a bonus for me - the last thing anyone wants is to be bombarded with ads for things you are really not interested in and thats exactly what vimeo gives you. I love the simplicity of the site, it has such a clean easy to navigate layout. Being able to add music and editing your videos is also a really cool feature about Vimeo.

What do you dislike?

It takes a little getting used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great alternative to youtube and seems to be getting more popular

Vimeo review by <span>Stefan B.</span>
Stefan B.

"The main alternative to Youtube. More clean experience, but focused on custom videos"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, not bloated with adds and popups.

Focus is on user-created content, rather than uploaded content from elsewhere.

Good embedding and sharing options.

What do you dislike?

Free plan poses serious limitations for HD content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For quality movies and a clean user experience, this beats Youtube. However, with a free plan, you have severe limitations in posting HD content (e.g. screen capture movies, which I needed).

Vimeo review by <span>Chris L.</span>
Chris L.

"Vimeo makes videos look very professional"

What do you like best?

The premium quality vimeo brings to video is not comparable.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that no one uses vimeo (imo) unless they have a link to the video they are going to. It doesn't seem as if people browse through vimeo like they do on YouTube.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vimeo will not make your video get found, but it will present it in a professional way that YouTube does not.

Vimeo review by <span>Daniel L.</span>
Daniel L.

"Excellent Video Service to enhance Flickr"

What do you like best?

Great video service - especially like ability to have a private video with password set - used in conjunction with a Flickr account to fill in the video side of things. Interface is quick and easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the upload file size limitation for free users (I think it should be a bit larger) and the lack of ability to view the uploaded video right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A great alternative to Youtube - highly recommended product that doesn't require you to create a Google Account to access.

Vimeo review by <span>Sam D.</span>
Sam D.

"Best video hosting platform on the market."

What do you like best?

Lots of powerful features, tons of storage, very flexible and powerful player. Lots of integrations with other apps and platforms.

What do you dislike?

Can become overwhelming to manage your library of videos as it grows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Waaaaaaay better than YouTube. Better than on premise. Great privacy and controls for internal viewing only, or for sharing externally.

Vimeo review by <span>Michael S.</span>
Michael S.

"Great Quality, Less Exposure"

What do you like best?

Like a VIP club for videos. I am actually not sure how they filter and monitor videos from an admin perspective because I have only used this site as a user, but I would assume that they have higher standards and better processes for uploading to their site. How else are they able to maintain good quality.

What do you dislike?

It's only downfall actually plays into it's strengths. Because it isn't like youtube it maintains a certain quality level, but it also means there is not as much exposure so there is less incentive for businesses and others to post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make this site more popular. Try it out.

Vimeo review by <span>Ben B.</span>
Ben B.

"Best Video Platform User Interface"

What do you like best?

Love the user interface, look and feel of their platform. Far better than the chunky interface of YouTube. Uploading seems to be quicker too.

What do you dislike?

Not as good for SEO as YouTube, as Google rarely places Vimeo videos in search results and does so for it's own YouTube videos all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If SEO isn't a concern, I'd pick Vimeo everyday.

Vimeo review by <span>Alejandro A. C.</span>
Alejandro A. C.

"Great alternative to Youtube!"

What do you like best?

Uploading and sharing is really easy, which is what one would expect from this type of service. I do find myself more inclined to talk to other vimeo users rather than to other youtube users, and that has to do with the interface, I also think it's quite cool and nice.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out, uploading any sort of videos. It really plays/streams then well.

Vimeo review by <span>Joe G.</span>
Joe G.

"An essential compansion for video marketing"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a great video marketing tool that has a clean interface and ad-free video streaming

What do you dislike?

Vimeo isn't yet a complete replacement for YouTube. It doesn't quite have the same community despite having what I feel is a superior product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at both Youtube and Vimeo when putting together your video marketing strategy. I believe it's an essential component but cannot quite replace Youtube. Optimize your video for SEO!

Vimeo review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Vimeo Plus for internal projects"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. Currently using Vimeo plus, which offers increased hosting capacity (among other benefits) compared to the free accounts. We typically use Vimeo for internal projects that require more hosting capacity and security (i.e., internal training videos, etc).

What do you dislike?

Like the features and measurement provided by Wistia better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare to Wistia and other services before pulling the trigger.

Vimeo review by <span>Eric M.</span>
Eric M.

"love it"

What do you like best?

The ability to download videos directly from the site instead of having to use a 3rd party (hacked) download page. I love the videos on this site, they all seem like they are very well put together and not all the garbage that is on YouTube.

What do you dislike?

It sometime seems to take a while to load videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create an account and start following people. It is amazing what people can come up with!

Vimeo review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Good product"

What do you like best?

Good product for video conferencing with multiple users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes chokes on bandwidth and causes delays.

Multi-site conferencing.

Vimeo review by <span>Mitch M.</span>
Mitch M.

"10X's Better Than YouTube"

What do you like best?

No ADS!!! Better quality and streaming speeds. This is the best place you can upload any marketing videos.

What do you dislike?

YouTube is still a little more mainstream

Recommendations to others considering the product

It also has great control on who and how you share videos if you don't make them public

Vimeo review by <span>Charysse S.</span>
Charysse S.

"YouTube Competitor"

What do you like best?

It is a great alternative to YouTube and is still ad free! It also has a more professional look to it.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately YouTube has a MUCH larger market share and Vimeo just cannot surpass it. If you're looking for hits, you will be disappointed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The quality is great so try it. Just don't expect the same exposure as YouTube.

Vimeo review by <span>Peter B.</span>
Peter B.

"High Quality without those Annoying Ads .. Classy!"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a great video storage site where you don't have to worry about ads and such, like what you get on YouTube. The quality is outstanding. Uploading videos is real easy. The collaboration is real, not like the junk you get on YouTube. I showed a YouTube video to my 1-2 grade Sunday School class and when it was over I couldn't believe what popped up on the screen from YouTube .. you won't have that problem here.

What do you dislike?

Nothing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for good quality, classy videos, then Vimeo is the place to go. You will be happy that you took a look.

Vimeo review by <span>Ines M.</span>
Ines M.

"A great way to share your creativity"

What do you like best?

The credibility behind the platform, as a way for artists to share their work

What do you dislike?

Sometimes being difficult to find the exact content I'm looking for

Vimeo review by <span>Bobby H.</span>
Bobby H.

"Great alternative"

What do you like best?

Unlike youtube there's less red tape to deal with since it's not as popular. No video upload limit and great interface.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it's a great alternative to youtube

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you might like it

Vimeo review by <span>Carolyn P.</span>
Carolyn P.

"Great website to upload motion graphics or video."

What do you like best?

Vimeo is upfront about it's requirements and constraints for uploading video. The interface is very user-friendly, and well designed. Videos are also HD capable. The stats bar is informative for the admin if they want to know how many views their video has received. Vimeo also has a higher caliber when it comes to managing uploaded content than YouTube.

What do you dislike?

When originally trying to embed the video onto my wordpress blog, I experienced some difficulty. Other than that. I have minimal complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Looking to upload video to share with family and friends? Go with Vimeo.

Vimeo review by <span>Kristin H.</span>
Kristin H.

"Love Vimeo!"

What do you like best?

I love that Vimeo is pushing YouTube to be better. Vimeo is all about high quality content, and that draws a high-quality user base, too. Whether you're uploading your own content or simply watching a video, you'll find a great experience using this site.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were as ubiquitous as YouTube, but it's not. So you kind of still have to put your videos in both places if you're going for social media reach.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try a service like OneLoad (formerly Tube Mogul) to upload your videos to both platforms (and others) all at once.

Vimeo review by <span>Susan K.</span>
Susan K.

"Easy to use and excellent examples"

What do you like best?

Has a lot of excellent videos and demonstrations and very easy to use. We use it for various videos and doesn't have all the junk YouTube has on it. Makes it much easier to search in general terms.

What do you dislike?

Nothing

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it as a more functional tool to YouTube. Its more targeted.

Vimeo review by User in Computer Hardware
User in Computer Hardware

"great place to store my videos and view friends' and others works"

What do you like best?

simplicity. i want to watch a friend collection of videos, so i know exactly where to go unlike other sites which promote every feature related to social networking!

What do you dislike?

very similar to youtube which i still use as its been around for some time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

get involved! we have seen apple begin to step away from youtube so now there is proper competition in the form of Vimeo

Vimeo review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Video hosting service that's NOT youtube"

What do you like best?

No ads! No ads before, after, or during your video. 5GB per week for free with the basic version. Unlimited HD and fast uploading (assuming you have a fast data connection).

What do you dislike?

Not nearly the same user count as youtube

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing

Vimeo review by <span>Ryan P.</span>
Ryan P.

"Great Alternative to YouTube"

What do you like best?

Vimeo is a classier, cooler YouTube. You won't find the Overly Attached Girlfriend or the latest internet meme on Vimeo, but if you are looking for great, artsy, stylish, well-produced, and well-shot video clips Vimeo is for you.

What do you dislike?

If you know what you are looking for Vimeo is great, but the search and discovery tools aren't useful for finding cool new videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out! It's that simple and you won't be disappointed with the quality of the featured videos.

Vimeo review by <span>Allyson T.</span>
Allyson T.

"Real World Example"

What do you like best?

Here is a real world example of why Vimeo is great: The other day my fiance and I were looking for videos of Aruba (specifically wedding in Aruba) as we recently decided to have our destination wedding in Aruba. We check YouTube first -- tons of junk! Then we checked Vimeo -- and found a handful of really great, well-done, well-produced examples. It was exactly what we were looking for.

What do you dislike?

Not integrated as tightly with social networks and iPhone as YouTube is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use if if you're looking for "well done" cinematic videos by professional photographers/videographers.

Vimeo review by Consultant in Animation
Consultant in Animation

"Professional youtube"

What do you like best?

I look at vimeo as a professional youtube. I have my animation demo reel up and am much more comfortable sending people there than to any other video site. I don't want anyone to associate my video with whatever recommended videos happen to be next to it. Its the site I use when I want to market myself as an animator

What do you dislike?

searching and categories can be somewhat off and not always what i'm looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use vimeo to build your brand

Learning about Vimeo?

* We monitor all Vimeo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.