VinSolutions

Only VinSolutions can do it all. Our complete package of car dealership software solutions is built around our industry-leading CRM. That means your people and processes are always connected to today’s customers, so you can make every connection count.

Work for VinSolutions?

Learning about VinSolutions?

VinSolutions Reviews

Ask VinSolutions a Question
Showing 31 VinSolutions reviews
VinSolutions review by Dee S.
Dee S.

"Very intuitive, easy to use."

What do you like best?

Ease of use, customer profile is very easy to navigate. Doesn't take a lot of training to get used to. Can use for sales, service and equity. Search feature is very thorough. Ability to search for duplicate customers is a plus, as well as merging customer profiles. Everyone sees the same customer profile screen with the ability to read every users comments. Once you enter a comm

What do you dislike?

Reporting should be more accurate, and their support staff should be more knowledgable. Activity needs to update is real time, all the time. Without fail, it crashes on the last weekend of the month and the last day of month. Support is usually not helpful, and depending on who your performance manager is they may not be of any assistance either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research, and be prepared for hiccups during the switch. Get every single person on your team training beforehand. Set the expectations prior to launch

Holding salespeople accountable for following up and maintaining contact with their customer, keeping accurate service records, setting appointments, keeping customer database up to date, equity mining, general marketing, targeted marketing, opportunity management and follow up. Integrates well with my DMS. Inventory management, and desking tools.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VinSolutions
VinSolutions review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"Offers powerful insight"

What do you like best?

Keep us organized and current up to date with all elements and sections we need the attention to. Easy to manage.It's a great platform, it's a great product.

What do you dislike?

The updates. they changed the user interface and changed the log in which made it confusing for some employees. .Support isn't good

The amount of data from our customers that is coming in to us is overwhelming. There are enormous amount of sectors that we need to utilize for a business such as email voicemails and just contact information from clients as they come into our dealership. The benefits I realized from this dealership software is it allows our customer service to utilize the information from our customers in different platforms and input them into an entry form extremely easy so that we can get all of our information at our fingertips

What Car Dealer solution do you use?

VinSolutions review by Nicole V.
Nicole V.

"Easy to use and navigate"

What do you like best?

VinSolutions is extremely easy to use and to navigate around. There are several ways to search for customers and/or vehicles. You can send distribution emails and contact all of your customers at once. It saves time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike, A LOT, there VinSolutions chooses to update their systems during business hours. It's a HUGE downfall. There has been many times that we can't do anything for 45 minutes to an hour due to the system not working. It can get quite nerve-racking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a very easy tool to use, I would recommend it. Just keep in mind that they do like to do their updates during business hours and that there are potential hours lost. Other than that, it's a great tool!

Benefits include allowing us to keep in touch with the customer appropriately. We can schedule a process to allow our follow up to take place accordingly to what is going on with the customer.

"Useful but Complicated"

What do you like best?

This was one of the more advanced CRM systems that I have used. I like all of the different templates that can be set up to sent letters, texts and emails to customers all from the system. I also like that I can text the customer from the system.

What do you dislike?

I am not crazy about the way the system makes you search for a customer. Ive had a little trouble trying to find a customer even after inputting the correct information. I also wish there was a way to print a few more reports than what there currently is.

Its a little easier to use than the other CRM software that i have used in the past.

VinSolutions review by Rene B.
Rene B.

"I've used many other CRM's over 15 years and this is hands down the best one"

What do you like best?

I think that Vinsolutions is Simple to use and explore; easy to navigate; great to use while at home, away from the dealership, to keep in touch with clients. . The steps that you take to add customers is very little vs competitors. The search makes it relatively easy to find clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you can't sort the To do List by day or time.

Setting up a process in Vinsolutions is easy to do and make following up with customer very easy for all parties.

"Lead Reach Platform"

What do you like best?

I like being able to choose from email templates that have been created for various scenarios.

What do you dislike?

I don't like sticking to the requested lead follow-up. I prefer to do my own thing. Also, the contact log should be updated with a "text" option.

I'm in the internet department, so the first thing I do when I come to work is open Vin Solutions and reach out to new leads. I am very diligent in logging calls and texts, so it's very helpful to be able to go back and see what exactly I've said to a potential customer. I like that I receive an alert whenever my lead has been transferred to someone else if they come in on one of my days off so I still get half the deal. like that I receive an alert when a lead has opened or responded to an email. I like that I can send emails from within the program. We use it to log showroom visits and start credit apps, as well as some other steps in the process. It's very helpful.

Administrator in Automotive

"Overall Good Software, but lacking some major components"

What do you like best?

The website application is overall easy to utilize. Offers call tracking. Some good reports. Lots of customization for the sales processes. Easy to send email campaigns or task campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Mobile app is clunky. Hard to really accurately target your email campaigns without the add-on data mining upgrade. Integration when pushing information to CDK from desking can be frustrating (taxes, accessories, etc.) Pushes to Dealertrack when a Company or Co-buyer is on the deal is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When setting up Vin, be sure to work with the set-up team with all your desking add-on codes for your CRM so they accurately push.

Tracking customer contact from our sales department. Sending marketing campaigns. Sales processes. Finance Desking.

"It’s amazing! "

What do you like best?

Vin has saved us time and made us quite a bit more money! We’re working to get all three of our stores on this program!

What do you dislike?

Only down side is that is not very customizable in the way you can store out tasks. The freshest leads aren’t always able to be seen right away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to Vin if you would like your follow up more efficient!

Every since switching one of our stores to Vin, we have been able to keep better track of the traffic flow and follow up process. We are seeing quite a few more sales as a result!

VinSolutions review by John B.
John B.

"VinSolutions — An Antiquated CRM with Great Functionality"

What do you like best?

•Offers a wide spread of reporting from Inventory to Leads

•The best Lead Source Summary of all the CRMs built for Dealerships

•Customer Support is great and will help users build dashboards/reports of any kind

What do you dislike?

•Some features such as the Lead Source Summary were removed during the most recent upgrade

•Expected features may not be native to the base edition and require a special dashboard to be built for them

•Appearance is awful and navigation is confusing

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't afraid to build out a dashboard or two, VinSolutions will offer substantially more features than any other automotive CRM.

•Lead tracking and reporting

•Inventory reporting

•Quality control on phone calls, internet leads, customer management

"Excellent CRM"

What do you like best?

VinSolutions is a great way to manage a customer database and purchase history for a large scale car dealership. It is easy to navigate and helps organize information in an easy way.

What do you dislike?

The system can sometimes be difficult to navigate, but in the long run the software has helped us tremendously!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software will help with any large scale car dealership to help organize the customer database.

VinSolutions provides an easy to search customer database. We can use the software to search for customers and their interest and purchase history. VinSolutions has proven to be a valuable asset in the car dealership.

VinSolutions review by Bailey C.
Bailey C.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that when a customer reads my email, I get an alert right away. Also that I can see how often they check it and how long they are on there.

What do you dislike?

The accumulating task, there should be some way for vin to read if we just sent an email , like within 24 hours so it doesn't immediately give us another email task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn the system, there's so many helpful tools to tap in to.

Helps me keep track of my customer base and everything that is involved with that.

Consultant in Automotive

"Great and easy to use."

What do you like best?

What I liked about Vinsolutions was how easy the mobile app worked along side with the CRM. It was easy to keep track of my sold clients for the month and it would remind me when to make follow up phone calls.

What do you dislike?

In regards to the Vinsolutions mobile app. If I can think of one thing I disliked about it, it would be the fact I was unable to use my camera to scan a vehicles VIN. I wold have to manually input the number into the CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used two different CRM's in the auto industry. I prefer Vin Solutions.

Easier for me to find clients that I have had. When I have sold them and what vehicles they have purchased.

VinSolutions review by Darron H.
Darron H.

"Vinsolutions"

What do you like best?

Easy to use CRM. Can do all marketing with the system. Equity mining tool is very helpful

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike about using Vinsolutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is one of the best in the Automotive industry. Being a member of the Cox Automotive family it integrates with all of their other venders.

It helps us keep track of our customers. We can use it to market to all customers

VinSolutions review by User

"Makes the Auto Industy Easy"

What do you like best?

It is very convenient that it intergrades with the CDK DMS. It makes desking and spinning deals much easier.

What do you dislike?

It often kicks you out of certain desking screens and you have to start all over.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are times when the rebates do not pull over or the inventory but for the most part it is very effective.

We solve a lot of inventory issues and it has made us realize where we can improve our sales people's communication.

VinSolutions review by Samantha S.
Samantha S.

"Very great software"

What do you like best?

This software works great and has many amazing features! I highly recommend using them!

What do you dislike?

There is honestly no complaints that I have with this software!

Being able to track sales, and activity with the sales staff

VinSolutions review by Manny L.
Manny L.

"it's not that bad "

What do you like best?

the automatic task assignment is more fluid than the others

What do you dislike?

duplicate leads are not immediately flagged, at least not clearly

Recommendations to others considering the product

try both first

I'm selling hella cars. deskersocket was better though

VinSolutions review by Christian M.
Christian M.

"Excellent sales record keeper"

What do you like best?

I like the way that you are able to track customers communications with the dealership

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the tasks dont always generate appropriately

Customer management. It is easier to document intentions, process, etc

VinSolutions review by Anastasia J.
Anastasia J.

"Vin Solutions CRM"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. This is one of the best CRMs that I have used. It keeps your schedule organized and in order.

What do you dislike?

It does not pick up skate notifications as great

I love the befit of having the hot button that you can actually see when your are doing your daily work plan

VinSolutions review by Burc Y.
Burc Y.

"Used it when I was working at BMW of bayside it was very helpful track my prospects and the p/sales "

What do you like best?

Analytics and the follow up process easy to use but must train right

What do you dislike?

Unfinished tasks daily .. make sure to finish tasks before the work day 😀

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train right how to use it . It is in fact could be very fruitful for you

Most valuable benefits would being on top of my costumers almost breathing in sync

Administrator in Automotive

"CRM with integration between inventory, websites, DMS, internet leads, customers, and so much more"

What do you like best?

Easy to use or to navigate. From sales, service, F&I, the possibilities are endless. Showing ROI on campaigns. VinSolutions helps you stay consistently in front of your customers, along with working with them.

What do you dislike?

I haven't came across too much that I didn't like. Any time I had a question, I was able to contact their support or my account manager and get the answer and/or solution.

Staying in front of the customers. Having processes set up for the sales and service staff to follow with reminders. Reminders/Tasks

User in Automotive

"Simplicity in Dealership work"

What do you like best?

Everything is in one place, versus having to open 5 different programs for 5 different departments.

What do you dislike?

The delay in updating or lack of updating information some times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Keeps track of calls, visits, time frames, inventory, customer data, vehicle service information, employee call logs, statistics in real time

VinSolutions review by Consultant in Design
Consultant in Design

"VIN SOLUTIONS"

What do you like best?

I find Vin Solutions easy to use in that it keeps everything organized for me.

What do you dislike?

I honestly like everything about Vin Solutions.

Keeping up to date with customer follow up. Vin Solutions helps me to keep everything organized in a professional manner.

VinSolutions review by Diane K.
Diane K.

"User friendly, efficient "

What do you like best?

I like that it’s easy to navigate through all communication with the customer and holds all information on their vehicles

What do you dislike?

That multiple dealerships can’t talk to each other

Customers in particular locations, and logging their contact and needs

Consultant in Automotive

"Straight forward and Simple"

What do you like best?

Everything is laid out and easy to find.

What do you dislike?

Searching in customer base can be a pain sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spend time learning the search functions.

Easy customer management. Makes notes and follow up very easy.

VinSolutions review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"VinSolutions Review"

What do you like best?

Activity Reports, Email Campaigns are easily accessed and managed

What do you dislike?

When they updated their training modules, I wish it had been more streamlined and seamless. They also updated their user interface and changed the log in which caused problems. The need to work out bugs before releasing changes.

I've used it a lot so I like the familiarity of it. They are compatible with other systems.

"Great CRM"

What do you like best?

the tasks and how they hold you accountable

What do you dislike?

I dislike how you cannot add notes from the app

increases follow up with previous customers which in turn boosts sales

VinSolutions review by Kevin R.
Kevin R.

"Good CRM"

What do you like best?

easy to use

once you get the hand of it you will use it everyday

What do you dislike?

the app isn't that friendly. I don't even use the app.

Car Sales

"Designer for managers"

What do you like best?

Very good for mining a database. Makes it easier to search for previous customers.

What do you dislike?

Managers have a hard time changing anything. Involves lots of click just to make a call. Has a LOT of bugs.

Problems would be not being able to customize it. Benefits are it is really nice to track what sales guys are doing

VinSolutions review by David C.
David C.

"Not very helpful"

What do you like best?

Tells me when inventory has sold or been reduced in price.

What do you dislike?

Customers disappear. Alerts hit or miss.

Customer management

VinSolutions review by Consultant

"VinSolutions Review"

What do you like best?

VinSolutions is clear and easy to understand. It is a well organized application that allows me to keep customer information close and hand both on my computer and mobile device.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I specifically dislike about VinSolutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, great CRM application.

Customer Information can easily be stored, saved, and pulled up for later use.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. A lot of the navigation is self explanatory.

What do you dislike?

The visual layout and certain optionss.

Car sales calls are east to track.

Learning about VinSolutions?

* We monitor all VinSolutions reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.