VINYL

VINYL from Zudy is a No-Code Enterprise Application Development Platform. It allows you to create beautiful yet powerful applications and charts from multiple data sources including complex analytics all together on the same screen without writing a single line of code.

Work for VINYL?

Geoffrey H.

Nymbl App Dev

Updated On
Validated Review
What do you like best?

In my experience, I really appreciate Vinyl's ability to connect to multiple sources and consolidate the information in a succinct and valuable manner. I also appreciate accessing Vinyl via a web browser, and hence it's platform flexibility. The API integration is very helpful when interfacing with numerous other applications and extracting information for consumption. Leveraging HTML, CSS, and other formatting options, the possibilities are endless in regards to the look and feel of Vinyl, which is great for customers. Vinyl can be highly customized and personalized down to the user. Avoiding the need to code is not just less troublesome, it is also makes development a lot quicker, which is of utmost importance for customers who's time is of utmost importance. And all customers want a quick turn around, in my experience.

What do you dislike?

There are two major functions I believe would make the usability and overall perceived and realized value of Vinyl increase: a better visual representation of the sql processes (tables, joins, etc.) and the ability to input raw sql code and have Vinyl build DO's, sub Qs, etc. These are small request compared to what I can already do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The possibilities seem endless, and it can be overwhelming, but starting with a solid framework and building on top of it is important.

As a developer, I have been solving many different types of problems including order review and tracking, scheduled workflow emails, customer management, business intel, and scheduling to name a few. I anticipate and hope to leverage the platform to perform other tasks like automated ordering, inventory management, and more complicated workforce management.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VINYL
VINYL review by <span>Matthew K.</span>
Matthew K.

Daily User of Vinyl

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Vinyl makes it incredible easy to translate business requirements into a functional application. Implementations and iterations happen quickly compared to other development platforms and this enables me to react quickly to changing business needs.

What do you dislike?

As a former front end developer, I've found that my go-to toolbox of UI tricks are not necessarily the right way to implement styling changes. That said, the application has made it incredibly easy to customize the client side appearance without requiring me to decipher thousands of lines of CSS.

Product processing seems to be one business problem that arises fairly often for my team. Using Vinyl, we can create an application in a matter of days which is custom tailored to a specific process instead of bending a process around the limitations of an existing application. Additionally, because Vinyl allows us to integrate seamlessly with multiple and varied legacy systems, we can better focus on the actual business problem.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What No-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

VINYL review by <span>John B.</span>
John B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

VINYL sits in our network on a very small environment, and it doesn't require a lot of infrastructure. Almost everything it needs sits on its own server, and it just works. It talks to all our other systems and brings their data into one place, where we can do almost anything we want with it.

What do you dislike?

VINYL has an awkward initial interface. Once you've learned it, it's pretty easy, but guessing what some of the terms in the IDE mean can be really hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Are you looking to get data from a bunch of different systems into one view for your users? VINYL seems to thrive in the space where there are either two systems, neither of which can be made to talk directly to the other, or if there are multiple systems, and users need information from all of them, but don't need or shouldn't have access to the source systems.

We're combining a bunch of different systems to cross-reference the data in them, and provide a single view to our users. We've also been able to start storing entirely new data in the system as well. Vinyl provides a key "glue" to connect other commercial systems that are customized for a particular type of users, but are required for another type of user.

VINYL review by <span>Jacquelyn F.</span>
Jacquelyn F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

After receiving some training, I am able to create my own custom reports without any specific programming knowledge. The more I use it and understand it, the more opportunities seem available.

What do you dislike?

Easier customization and more options on the app landing page would be helpful

We are able to combine data from multiple sources in order to accurately display our sales and costs by customer in real time. In situations where we did not have the information available in any system, Vinyl has been able to store it for us, allowing us to easily forecast our net margin over future months.

As well, in many instances, we have caught user errors quickly by using Vinyl. In some cases when comparing the data Vinyl pulls in automatically to that provided by users, and in other cases we see quickly when the reports we have in Vinyl don't make sense, that there was an error made in someone's manual entry.

VINYL review by <span>Justin R. M.</span>
Justin R. M.

Vinyl

What do you like best?

I like how incredibly easy it is to view different endorsements in Vinyl. The grid that shows all of the different endorsements for any given week on a list makes monitoring a jock's endorsement schedule a breeze. I also love how Vinyl will notify me when someone has entered in an endorsement that is waiting for my approval. I'm a very busy person, and having notifications letting me know that there is something new to review is extremely helpful.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how as someone not involved in sales, I cannot enter in or edit any of the fields for a campaign myself. It can be a challenge to get some AE's to actually use it in general. I'm the type of person who just likes to take charge and make sure things get done myself, so that aspect is a little bit frustrating. But otherwise, I love everything else about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it if you are looking for an easy to use platform that really helps you keep tabs on data!

iHeartMedia uses Vinyl to keep track of jock endorsements. It's all kept together in an easy to read calendar and list, and helps us to make sure that everything a jock is doing endorsement wise is kept track of and it readily available to everyone in our nationwide company. It's so easy to manage this with Vinyl because of all of the easy and user friendly calendar options for keeping track of this stuff.

VINYL review by <span>Will D.</span>
Will D.
What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the interface - everything is themed similarly and you always know that clicking on a "cog" icon, for example, will let you into the inner-workings of the element you are designing. As far as the need that the software addresses - it truly opens the door to any number of potential solutions for a company. If you've ever wished that your stock enterprise system came with a certain feature out-of-the-box, you now have the power to create it yourself with almost no coding required. VINYL accomplishes this and so much more with the ability to join data from your different systems (and web APIs) and create sleek and simple apps for your users (or customers) to use.

What do you dislike?

Getting to know and understand the VINYL glossary takes some time - there are a lot of working pieces and layers to the software, and understanding how they all relate to each other (and what their counterparts are in your everyday working world are) takes a little getting used to. There also wasn't much of a "Help" section or any kind of references to help would-be app designers (from what I could see). They may exist somewhere, but I couldn't find them.

We have been trying to accept ACH payments from our customers to avoid paying credit card fees, but our enterprise Point-of-Sale system couldn't handle it. We were able to put together an app that securely transfers funds from a third-party ACH clearinghouse and spits out a report in a format that allows us to easily post the payments to the customer's account, all while providing in-depth information about the customer as to how much money is owed - something that we would normally need 3-4 open windows to accomplish with our POS system alone. The app is in its infancy, but we're hoping the ability to pay via ACH (along with a little incentive) will cut down on the amount of credit card fees we pay and ultimately make things more convenient for our customers.

Learn more about VINYL

VINYL Videos

Learning about VINYL?

* We monitor all VINYL reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.