VIPRE for Business

VIPRE uses cutting-edge machine learning, one of the world’s largest threat intelligence clouds, and real-time behavior analysis to protect millions of users every day from top threats like ransomware, zero-day attacks and other malware that easily evades traditional antivirus. Easy to use, fast to deploy and simple to maintain, VIPRE’s small footprint never slows you down, and all VIPRE customers receive free U.S.-based technical support.

Work for VIPRE for Business?

Learning about VIPRE for Business?

VIPRE for Business Reviews

Showing 50 VIPRE for Business reviews
VIPRE for Business review by David C.
David C.

"Full service incident support"

What do you like best?

We've had a couple of incidents where an infected file was executed and unfortunately it was a threat that was too new to have been caught by any of our protections.

After immediately quarantining the affected computers, we reached out to VIPRE support, and requested assistance. They had our backs to the very end of this. They logged into the infected computers, and ran through an analysis/investigation cleaning any infections. FULL-SERVICE support like this is hard to find, and it's standard for the VIPRE Business Premium product we're utilizing these days.

Thanks!

What do you dislike?

We weren't too happy with the fact that the infection got past out antivirus software. The policies management interface could stand to use some more work, especially when updating multiple policies at once. Technical support seems to be a bit limited, and call wait times have been around 15-20 minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at how many licenses you think you need, and if you are going to support mobile devices as well. Each mobile device takes a separate license. The same licenses apply to both PC as well as mobile device.

Our business needs a product that is easily managed from a central console. Many of these type of products offer this, however, for the most part VIPRE's management console is quite easy to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VIPRE for Business
VIPRE for Business review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"Vipre Business Premium has taken a lot of stress and monotony out of my job."

What do you like best?

I really like the patching features as stated above it takes a lot of stress off and monotony out of my job. I can leave all the PCs locked down and I can just approve patches for Acrobat, Flash and other PC add-ons then schedule updates. The remote agent is a cool feature as well. My road warriors PCs can check in for updates and approved patches.

What do you dislike?

The Vipre client updates don't always install properly ... I had to manually update only 1 of users client packages, but it works much better than the AVG's. All things considered that isn't bad out of 50+ users and servers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend the Business Premium or Advanced editions with the Third Party patch management. It saves me a lot of time ... not having to run around to each machine or writing scripts to install patches.

Road warriors not getting definition updates, client updates and add-on patches has been a problem with previous solutions. AVG Business and Symantec products over the last 10 - 15 years that I have used in recent years all failed in this area. Vipre Business premium has resolved all those issues for me.

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

VIPRE for Business review by Andrew M.
Andrew M.

"Great layer of protection for Virus/Malware"

What do you like best?

I like the email alerts. It constantly alerts admins of any issues. It blocks a lot of urls inside emails from executing. I have it setup to automatically install via GPO in my AD. Almost instantly setup Virus protection from just joining the domain and login to the user account.

What do you dislike?

So many alerts are false positive. However it's better to receive the false alerts than to miss them entirely. The emails give the full report of what vipre did with the threat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need multi-layers of protection and this is a great product to pick as one of those layers! You can have multiple policies for different groups of people/servers/desktops/laptops/roaming users.

We use Vipre for Virus Protection. It also does Advanced Browser Protection. This blocks malicious urls.. Email protection.

VIPRE for Business review by Gregory F.
Gregory F.

"Great Product! "

What do you like best?

One of the simplest, light weight solutions on the market especially for a server managed solution. Has a great protection rate and is easy to deploy. Their support team is easy to work with and always helpful. Technical support is great and will log in and fix any issue you have remotely.

What do you dislike?

They just recently added a cloud solution and which works great but I can only purchase and sell this for 1 year at a time currently. I also hope to have a master management console to manage multiple clients from. It can be difficult to get a sales rep on the phone. Depending on how busy they are the tech support can also take a while to get back to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use a resller. The sales team can be difficult to get in touch with at times and you will get better pricing.

Reduces the amount of resources utilized on my server which speeds that up and helps protect my office from threats so I'm not spending time cleaning peoples computers from infections.

VIPRE for Business review by Executive Sponsor in Automotive
Executive Sponsor in Automotive

"Great product with only one downside"

What do you like best?

The user interface on the server and on the workstations are easy to use and intuitive. The enpoint agent doesn't slow the computer or user down while running scans. We haven't had an infection like ransomware since implementation unlike our previous endpoint solution.

What do you dislike?

When blacklisting infections on the server it doesn't always remember to remove the infection without having to remind it. The background data usage to update bitdefender can sometimes cause a slight slowdown in accessing the internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good product but like anything it isn't perfect. It does however provide an impenetrable barrier of protection to our network.

Endpoint security and ransomware. Noticed increased production on the workstations due to the minimally invasive security scans. Scans show more than the previous endpoint solution. No ransomware or virus attacks have gotten through to infect the network. We haven't had to spend as much time on the server

VIPRE for Business review by Bill H.
Bill H.

"Great Anti-Virus and support"

What do you like best?

After installing the software it was user friendly. Anything I need help with the technicians were a call away HERE IN THE USA ! ! and very knowledgeable ! ! and also as important I could understand them :)

The software is very easy to use and make changes when I needed to.

What do you dislike?

I really have not found anything I did not like ! !

Recommendations to others considering the product

If it keeps getting better and better I do not see any reason for Vipre to take over the market

Since I have workers that live out of state, the roam feature keeps me informed oh how they are doing. It also lets me see what viruses it is blocking. So far we have had no issues except that Ransomware which we were hit but not too hard

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Vipre has been great for the last 3 years."

What do you like best?

Usability is probably my favorite thing about Vipre. The product is extremely intuitive and I could ask anyone in our department(IT) to make a change or a add a PC to the console and they can figure it out.

Roaming agents is also a great feature. (It basically allows our PCs that are not connected to the domain receive their Policy via the web)

What do you dislike?

I just wish there was more granularity in the policies.

Machines without Dualcore processors slowed way down on scans.(these were VMs for us so we just added a second core)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would advise anyone that isn't happy their AV to give Vipre a look.

Vipre seems to be doing a great job staying on top of w threats as well as alerting us when things come up.

VIPRE for Business review by Kosin S.
Kosin S.

"A simple management console and setup"

What do you like best?

- The implementation of software can be done within 30 minute (or less) and AV is ready to go on client.

- Configuration copy button is useful.

- AV Alert is effective

What do you dislike?

- Report sometime not accurate.

- Quarantine item cannot be remove manually.

- Roaming agent upgrade is improve, but still not consistence (not sure because the issue with internet or our client agent).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look for alternate solution of endpoint protection other than the enterprise complex software.

This is what you look for.

1. USB immediately scan and alert are very effective and we alert to the infect PC as soon as user connect the removable drive.

2. Roaming agent keep us update on client status outside the office. Although there is still room for improvement of upgrade process.

VIPRE for Business review by Rick K.
Rick K.

"VIPRE for Business review"

What do you like best?

I don't ... the Vipre Cloud version is hands down the better platform. It has difficulty in the setup agent features that seem not to push the agent software to the endpoint

What do you dislike?

For the standalone version of Vipre for Business it has issues installing properly with the agents to the desktops. I've had to take additional hours of tech support to make it work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for the Vipre Cloud End Point protection.

Solving total security in one solution, firewall, virus and malware protection and email protection.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Vipre is a great antivirus and it is very user friendly."

What do you like best?

What I like about Vipre AV is that it is user friendly. Very straight forward console. The learning curve on this software is almost non-existing. That is just the tip of the iceberg. The antivirus module is great at stopping and neutralizing viruses. We have not had anymore incidents involving viruses including cryptolockers and ransomware. I am very pleased with its performance.

What do you dislike?

There are only two issues with this software that I would like to see improved upon. Third party software patching. And the other is its inability to detect certain malware/addware. I understand that no software can do it all but it is on my wish list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vipre will meet your antivirus protections needs. Use Vipre Endpoint Security.

Antivirus, Cryptolocker/Ransomeware.

VIPRE for Business review by Ruairidh C.
Ruairidh C.

"Dependable antivirus with sysadmin-centric management UI"

What do you like best?

VIPRE client installations are very easy to deploy using its' management console. Done by IP range or a deployable MSI which auto-joins to the chosen policy, this made deployment of VIPRE headache free.

What do you dislike?

Some more detailed documentation, taking the novice on a learning path all the way to advanced, would be nice; but what's available is fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Assess your security policy organisation. Create policies based on requirements rather than business units.

Cost savings over our previous antivirus software and centralised management of security policies.

VIPRE for Business review by Perry W.
Perry W.

"Vipre is Vantastic!"

What do you like best?

Vipre's agent scans like none other, and it's ability to exclude our complex CAD application files is a real boon.

What do you dislike?

The console's integration of advanced features, such as Device Control are awkward for both end-users and administrators to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simplicity of end-point administration and verification of coverage and definition updates.

We have to provide a muti-layer approach to defending and protecting our customers' Intellectual Property. We can control access to all workstation I/O, plus ensure that our systems are virus-free.

VIPRE for Business review by Bruce Z.
Bruce Z.

"easy to manage the endpoints"

What do you like best?

It is convenient to use and easy to install for remote user, also we can manage the PCs in time. It will send us email quickly when some PC has the intended attack so that we can do the protection.

What do you dislike?

I personally like the software, so far so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VIPRE is a good software to use, it is easy to manage the remote endpoints for our company, and If some detection was found in the endpoint , it will send email to us so that we can protect the endpoint in time. Be honest I don't know the price of this software.

So far so good.

control and protect the PCs for our employees

VIPRE for Business review by Charles I.
Charles I.

"Great Software and support! "

What do you like best?

Extremely easy deployment! I think it took about 15 minutes from start to finish and it was deployed across the environment!

What do you dislike?

Major upgrades require reboots. It's not always easy to convince users to reboot shortly after being prompted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it. You wont' be disappointed!

Some patch management. I love that you can deploy Java, Flash and various other software patches with it. It's fantastic! Would like to see Vipre support more applications. .

VIPRE for Business review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"It was very good sales rep was awesome support seems to be good have not used it much."

What do you like best?

I really like the app update how the AV updates adobe, java etc. I have not learned everything as of yet but so far so good.

What do you dislike?

Need better training courses I am not aware of any it would be great if there was a sys admin webex course we could take to learn more about the product.

Anti virus so all devices is nice we do have 10 apple devices that cant get virpe so itd be nice if there was a IOS version but I'd rather see the Apple computer gone. Updating apps so a really great feature. Also android app for management would be cool.

VIPRE for Business review by Scott T.
Scott T.

"vipre for school districts"

What do you like best?

patch management, very easy to use console, light footprint

What do you dislike?

Nothing, they work great. Best Antivirus I have ever used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

go with them for sure, best antivirus I've ever tried. I've used avg, trend micro and symantec. VIPRE is the best by far. They also offer a cloud hosted version.

patch management, protection from ransomware, antivirus and malware protection

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Jeremy Cannon Review"

What do you like best?

It was an easy program to use and the interface was visually appealing. Vipre seemed to do a good job of protecting computers as well.

What do you dislike?

While the interface looked nice, it was not very user friendly and what you could actually do within Vipre was very limited. I did not like not being able to influence my scheduled scans at all unless we did something on a server level.

We bought into the endpoint system for a while but I was not impressed with it. While the pitch sounded great, actually using the endpoint system was a nightmare. I had to call customer service to get assistance and they were not very much help. If the program had come with some tutorial information or just a how to guide I could look at it would have been nice.

VIPRE for Business review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"Set and forget"

What do you like best?

The patch management in Endpoint Protection is great. I don't have to babysit 350 computers anymore, worrying about if Flash and Java are updated.

What do you dislike?

The interface seems a bit clunky at times. Most of the issues have been fixed, but sometimes it just feels sluggish.

AV Protection, Malware Protection, Malicious URL blocking, and patch management. Patch management has been the biggest benefit.

VIPRE for Business review by Dana P.
Dana P.

"Vipre Cloud"

What do you like best?

Central cloud management, ease of agent deployment, easy report management

What do you dislike?

Compared to the local hosted version, I can find nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vipre is easy to deploy to small or large organizations via automatic agent installation through group policy.

Antivirus and Malware protection, endpoint protection

VIPRE for Business review by Dylan L.
Dylan L.

"Just renewed for another year"

What do you like best?

I really like that Vipre allows me to create separate security policies for my clients and servers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could import exclusions from a .txt file instead of manually inputting each one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vipre is a great product for all of your security needs!

Vipre allows my business to operate without fear of malicious activity!

VIPRE for Business review by Janet E.
Janet E.

"Superior Implement"

What do you like best?

I like having a dashboard to look at all computers at all locations.

What do you dislike?

I have Severe Warnings that I cannot fix. The support line wants me to send them the files.

I don't know how to send them files. Or what files to send them.

So, repairing issues is too difficult. Small businesses cannot afford to hire an IT specialist

to handle these issues.

I thought I was solving the issue of viruses coming into our network and shutting us down.

But, again, I am not capable of removing the viruses.

VIPRE for Business review by mike b.
mike b.

"Vipre - does what says and is easy to manage"

What do you like best?

Love the console, love the fact it's going cloud-based soon.

What do you dislike?

So far, nothing. it does what it's supposed to do, and is a breeze to manage. Small footprint on any utility server, or you can go big and give it it's own server. Cloud based console will solve that soon hopefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, robust but simple interface.

We were having all kinds of issues with FortiClient with our servers. Realtime scans were causing havoc with day-today operations on file servers. Vipre solved that issue in 15 minutes.

VIPRE for Business review by Can Z.
Can Z.

"Easy to manage, quick deploy, low on resources; fairly good overall performance AV product."

What do you like best?

The central management portal is pretty easy to use. You can pretty much review, deploy and update from the same spot.

What do you dislike?

It could be a bit pain if you have remote users with laptops, deployment could be better simplified.

Employee downloading harmful files can be monitored and quarantined by Vipre.

VIPRE for Business review by Lane A.
Lane A.

"It works very well"

What do you like best?

the management console makes it very easy to create profiles and deploy clients. the dashboard gives you a very easy to read overview and lets you know quickly where the problems are.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have no issues with Vipre. it has proven itself over the years for our org to be a very reliable, robust Antivirus program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

extremely good product.

the management console makes it very easy for IT staff to monitor and remediate. the reporting is top notch.

VIPRE for Business review by Mark K.
Mark K.

"Excellent Product and Support"

What do you like best?

Easy to use with an extensive dashboard to monitor and control all aspects of the system.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike at all with VIPRE.

Threat protection for users and servers. Protected against hundreds of threats on a daily basis.

"Vipre has been an effective solution but rather basic"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of deployment and the centralized management console.

What do you dislike?

Lack of management from mobile devices. Lack of clarity between serious infections and minor ones. Firewall component is obnoxious and usually has to be disabled to continue using the PC. It seems to incessantly reports on normal network activity and no rational detection of abnormal activity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Inexpensive and easy to use and administer.

Very useful in preventing external devices from being connected to systems where they shouldn’t be. Blocking harmful URLs in emails is helpful however reporting on every one clutters up my email box and I usually miss other emails notifying of other types of infections that I do want to see.

VIPRE for Business review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"Good product with good support"

What do you like best?

The product does very well protecting against viruses!

What do you dislike?

The support is sometimes hard to understand. I also have some problems with the product slowing down computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the Business package

VIruses!

VIPRE for Business review by Mike B.
Mike B.

"Vipre For Buisness"

What do you like best?

Small Footprint, seems to catch everything well

What do you dislike?

No web based console, but they said it's coming

Worry less about malware now

VIPRE for Business review by Shelby D.
Shelby D.

"Love Vipre for Business!!"

What do you like best?

It blocks/quarantines threats before they ever become a problem!

What do you dislike?

It sometimes interferes with other software

Anti Virus

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Easy to manage, very low maintenance!"

What do you like best?

It practically runs itself. Very reliable and uses very little system resources.

What do you dislike?

I would like to get more immediate feedback when a client installation is deployed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend Vipre business. Very easy to manage and fairly low priced. Definitely worth the cost.

Easy to install over the network and easy to monitor. Saves time while staying protected!

VIPRE for Business review by Dick K.
Dick K.

"Vipre for Business is low-cost, well-performing anti-virus solution"

What do you like best?

It has a friendly pricing model, making it easy to sell to my clients. The protection is thorough. It presents very few popups and does not monopolize CPU or RAM, so it very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the notification messages are ambiguous.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It installs easily and provides a non-intrusive user experience. I like it.

Anti-virus and anti-malware, controlled from a central admin console.

VIPRE for Business review by Malcolm T.
Malcolm T.

"It's been protecting our business and those of several clients we've recommended it to for years"

What do you like best?

It's seamless, manageable and barely impacts resources. The management console is clear and support is good when it's (rarely) needed.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot - strange that minimum 40 characters is mandatory here!

Recommendations to others considering the product

30 Day free trial - speaks volumes - try it out!

Peace of mind without feeling an impact on performance

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Happy with Vipre"

What do you like best?

I like being able to monitor stations if they are active or waiting to be installed

What do you dislike?

The software can be laggy at times. Sometimes the service needs to be restarted or needs to be rebooted for it to update.

Emails that go out to technicians for school sites when virus are detected.

VIPRE for Business review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Unobtrusive, low-resource Enterprise Antivirus and Endpoint Security solution."

What do you like best?

It's very unobtrusive, and users won't even realize it exists on the computer unless they're looking for it. Except for a small icon in your task tray, there aren't any notifications or manual interactions that users have to worry about.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I'd prefer to see, compared to other full internet-security solutions is better web integration for suspicious and malicious websites. We use a filter, like most corporations, but they can only do so much.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just like most other corporate anti-virus, anti-malware solutions. We haven't needed support, so I can't speak to that, but perhaps that's part of the advantage.

Maintaining workstation security and preventing network downtime due to malicious malware or computer virus-related problems.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Financial Services
Administrator in Financial Services

"Vipre Business"

What do you like best?

The multitude of functionality, and being able to push software updates.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that really stands out that I do not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product that runs in the background that once it is rolled out needs little to no work.

Active virus threats, and pushing software updates.

VIPRE for Business review by Al P.
Al P.

"Great Hands-Off Protection"

What do you like best?

One set up, there is minimal maintenance.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues where definition updates were not being pushed out. Resolved with customer support assistance.

Systems are fully protected without having to visit each station. I don't have to individually maintain each computer; it can be done remotely.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Could not install remotely"

What do you like best?

It seems to protect computers on local network.

What do you dislike?

Completely useless on remote computers because it does not install. Technical support marked ticket as resolved because they could not help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure person(s) doing install/setup have experience with Vipre.

Protect all our computers from virus and malware.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Construction
Administrator in Construction

"Safety and IT Director"

What do you like best?

Vipre offers a central management console which make network management easy.

What do you dislike?

No major complaints. The ability to restore links that are removed from email needs improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VIPRE offers good end point protection with central management.

Patch management for non-Microsoft programs

VIPRE for Business review by Timothy D.
Timothy D.

"Very well set up and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Centrally managed control panel and easy to deploy

What do you dislike?

Email scanning has had a few issues and had to be uninstalled on some machines

Recommendations to others considering the product

Low impact on the endpoints. You really don't know it is there.

L:ow cost and good ROI

"Same ol Same ol"

What do you like best?

That it finds threats other antivirus applications doesn't.

What do you dislike?

Calling technical support. I have called multiple times just for product information and they didn't listen to me or what I was asking for.

Installation is simple. The email notifications have benefits.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Computer Networking
Administrator in Computer Networking

"Vipre Business has a great management console and the client is lightweight and effective."

What do you like best?

I appreciate being able to manage protection policies, client rollouts, updates and scans through one central interface.

What do you dislike?

The client for Android needs work as it has a tendency to register it self over and over, within the management console.

We needed a lightweight, effective client that could be managed from a centralized console. This allows us to be more cost effective in our management and allows for centralized alerting - should an infection be caught by Vipre.

VIPRE for Business review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Arrowfish"

What do you like best?

The installation is very easy and setup is easy also. The antivirus works very well.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the viper liscensing service stops working.

Virus’s in machines and easy for clients to use.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Defense & Space
Administrator in Defense & Space

"Very nice to work with vipre. "

What do you like best?

The option to have different policies for different users.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's a great product and great support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None

Easy administration and easy use. Works great too.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Good product"

What do you like best?

The overall ease of use of VIPRE is phenomenal, especially with newer IT support people that need to learn things quickly.

What do you dislike?

For the few times I've needed support it's taken longer than what I would have liked.

n/a

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator

"Simple to manage"

What do you like best?

Central control, lightweight client demand, customer support

What do you dislike?

Occasional issues getting clients to connect or update.

It has prevented any significant virus problems

VIPRE for Business review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"We are a VAR who definetly recommends VIPRE business and sell it often to opur customers. "

What do you like best?

they have now introduced the Advanced Endpoint product.

What do you dislike?

Better support from direct Sales or Tech support.

Spam, Malware Attacks are now big.

VIPRE for Business review by Executive Sponsor in Civil Engineering
Executive Sponsor in Civil Engineering

"It works."

What do you like best?

I never have to worry about it. It updates everything with zero interaction required. You never hear from it until it finds something nefarious.

What do you dislike?

When there's an upgrade to the console, it takes a while to get it installed.

Excellent protection. I don't need a Ph.D. in computer science to make it work. Support is exemplary.

VIPRE for Business review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"We have been using Vipre for a few years now"

What do you like best?

I like the console, good design on that.

What do you dislike?

It does what it needs to do. there is nothing I really dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would recommend to have a look at it. It does what it advertises. Support is good as well.

End point virus protection & malware protection.

"A+ Antivirus"

What do you like best?

You can update everyone from one central place

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of as today maybe at a later date

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes _ easy to use I would suggest buying it.

Making sure everyone is on the latest update.

VIPRE for Business review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Smoth operations"

What do you like best?

Once installed, Vipre works quietly in the background.

What do you dislike?

Not very user-friendly if you do not work in IT

Recommendations to others considering the product

low cost security for small businesses

Wish to avoid malware and/or ransom ware issues.

Learning about VIPRE for Business?

* We monitor all VIPRE for Business reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.