Virtru

Virtru puts you in charge of how your digital information is shared. Combining control, convenience, and simplicity, Virtru makes it easy to keep your private communications private.

Work for Virtru?

Learning about Virtru?

Virtru Reviews

Ask Virtru a Question
Showing 17 Virtru reviews
Virtru review by <span>Julia B.</span>
Julia B.

"Virtru"

What do you like best?

Virtru provides peace of mind for basic email encryption, and also provides data security. The program can be used in conjunction with Google software or Microsoft software. It also provides encryption/security on the device and server.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit difficult to log in as you have to verify your account from each new device you use.

Virtru provides a solution for communicating sensitive or confidential information in a very secure way. Although I have not used the other features, I know it also provides customizable controls for tracking and managing access to secure data.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Virtru
Virtru review by Administrator

"Reliable too for sending secure and time controlled emails"

What do you like best?

I was one of the first users of Virtru. I came across online after spending weeks researching a similar solution.

I like the flexibility to turn it on and off within Gmail.

The chrome extension works well.

So far not a single bug I have come across.

Good range of flexibility with options - timer, disable forwarding, etc

I like the feature where the top part of the email is normal html text and the bottom part of your email is the secure data of your email.

The chrome extension automatically recognises secure information and prompts you to send the email securely where applicable (it works well and it not annoying).

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of much but initially it was quiet fiddly to use.

Takes a few emails to get use it (but that is expected).

There is no way of logging in and checking your account/ billing details etc, (at this moment in time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it out, test out the system yourself extensively to understand the pro's and limitations.

We needed a solution to send secure emails to suppliers with confidential data that destroyed itself after 3 days (in our case).

Virtru works well and is easy to deploy.

The tool is easy to use from both a sender and receivers perspective which is very important.

And did I mention it is very well priced.

What Secure Email Gateway solution do you use?

Virtru review by <span>Stephen H.</span>
Stephen H.

"Easy to use email encryption"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and ease of use, especially for non-tech focused users.

It's easy for recipients to decrypt email and attachments without the hassle of key installation or trusting.

Work across most platforms.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support as many clients as it could/should, for example, apple mail, cloud magic, box email, outlook for Mac, all have plugin architecture but this is not taken advantage of.

The monetization strategy is concerning, it's not clear how this product will last in the market.

There needs to be more client support - not everyone has windows or uses webmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh up alternatives, Virtru is a great product but the monetization is worrying and overall strategy is not clear.

Sending of privileged or sensitive information.

Virtru review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Virtru eMail Encryption"

What do you like best?

Virtru integrates with my email system and is very simple to use. It even pops up when an email appears to have sensitive information to see if I want to enable encryption.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Virtru protects me from sharing sensitive information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never had to utilize support for Virtru it is reliable.

I work in healthcare IT and have to work under strict HIPAA guidelines. Virtru in a tool and reminder when sensitive personal information is present.

Virtru review by User in Computer Software

"There is no other privacy and encryption product that compares to Virtru"

What do you like best?

I've researched a lot of encryption utilities, but Virtru is the only one I've seen that gives full end-to-end encryption in such a seamless manner. I don't need to generate my own keys, publish a public key somewhere, make sure my identity is properly confirmed by a separately published fingerprint, yadda yadda.

With Virtru, in order to send me fully encrypted communications (including files), all you need to know is my email address!

The end-to-end encryption aspect of Virtru's technology is crucial. One my data leaves my computer, I lose control over it and can't guarantee it's privacy. Even over SSL connections, I still have to trust my webmail provider! Virtru solves that issue by encrypting/decrypting content right in my browser.

What do you dislike?

Same as with all other encryption methods, you have to have participation from the other party.

Virtru makes it easy for receivers to decrypt and respond to secured messages with their web based reader, but it is much better if both parties adopt Virtru's tools to send and receive messages.

In the case where I don't initiate a message thread, I have to rely on the other party to choose to use Virtru to send me secure messages.

I use Virtru for complete privacy control over my email.

Virtru review by <span>Andrew W.</span>
Andrew W.

"Simple, and low cost email encryption for healthcare"

What do you like best?

I like that Virtru will sign a BAA for HIPAA and will still keep the cost low. I like the fact it works with my physioworkshsv.com email address via google apps for business. I absolutely love the read receipts recently introduced. Quite honestly the best value piece of software I own. I particularly like the recent additions of read receipts for the email and attachment!

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes of this product whatsoever!

email encryption in a healthcare setting. I have recently realized the benefits of the read receipt as I can see if my patients have looked at the email and can follow up with them - this is both great from a care and business point-of-view

Learning about Virtru?

* We monitor all Virtru reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.