Virtru

Virtru puts you in charge of how your digital information is shared. Combining control, convenience, and simplicity, Virtru makes it easy to keep your private communications private.

Work for Virtru?

Learning about Virtru?

Compare Virtru to Similar Solutions

Virtru Reviews

Ask Virtru a Question
Showing 41 Virtru reviews
Virtru review by Melanie F.
Melanie F.

"Making it easier to send encrypted"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use Virtru and send an encrypted email to someone else and they can use the email I send them to reply back. It keeps sensitive information protected. I also like that it is user friendly and gives you step by step how to use it. When you send the email outside of your organization, it also gives the receive step by step directions on how to open the protected email.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not ran into anything that I do not like. Everything works very well and it is user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Virtru is user friendly and saves time by keeping emails going outside of the work place encrypted. I recommend that you watch the tutorial and just follow the steps. I have been using Virtru for 2 years now and I feel confident that the information I send to other organizations is protected. It is awesome!

The largest problem I am solving with Virtru is sending sensitive information outside of my work place and still having this sensitive information protected. The benefits to this is that it is very time saving. Before Virtru I would have to walk and/or fax the sensitive documents.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Virtru
Virtru review by Lorie L.
Lorie L.

"Easy to install, learn, and use"

What do you like best?

I love the ability of only having to click a button to turn the feature on or off. This makes it extremely easy to make specific emails secure, if needed.

What do you dislike?

If I choose to secure an email with an attachment, but then decide that I do not need to secure the email - I have to remember to reattach the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are sending documents, I would recommend not including jpeg (possibly other image files as well) as the recipient is not always able to open. I've seen that PDF works the best when sending a secure email through Virtru.

I am able to send emails without having to password protect documents. In the past, I would have to send the password-protected document, and then an additional email with the password for the recipient to be able to open. Now, I can just attach the document, turn on Virtru, and send the email. I love that the recipient doesn't even have to have Virtru in order to open.

What Secure Email Gateway solution do you use?

Virtru review by Julia B.
Julia B.

"Virtru"

What do you like best?

Virtru provides peace of mind for basic email encryption, and also provides data security. The program can be used in conjunction with Google software or Microsoft software. It also provides encryption/security on the device and server.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit difficult to log in as you have to verify your account from each new device you use.

Virtru provides a solution for communicating sensitive or confidential information in a very secure way. Although I have not used the other features, I know it also provides customizable controls for tracking and managing access to secure data.

Virtru review by Administrator

"Reliable too for sending secure and time controlled emails"

What do you like best?

I was one of the first users of Virtru. I came across online after spending weeks researching a similar solution.

I like the flexibility to turn it on and off within Gmail.

The chrome extension works well.

So far not a single bug I have come across.

Good range of flexibility with options - timer, disable forwarding, etc

I like the feature where the top part of the email is normal html text and the bottom part of your email is the secure data of your email.

The chrome extension automatically recognises secure information and prompts you to send the email securely where applicable (it works well and it not annoying).

What do you dislike?

Cannot think of much but initially it was quiet fiddly to use.

Takes a few emails to get use it (but that is expected).

There is no way of logging in and checking your account/ billing details etc, (at this moment in time).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it out, test out the system yourself extensively to understand the pro's and limitations.

We needed a solution to send secure emails to suppliers with confidential data that destroyed itself after 3 days (in our case).

Virtru works well and is easy to deploy.

The tool is easy to use from both a sender and receivers perspective which is very important.

And did I mention it is very well priced.

Virtru review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"Easy to use email encryption"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and ease of use, especially for non-tech focused users.

Work across most platforms.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't support as many clients as it could/should, for example, apple mail, cloud magic, box email, outlook for Mac, all have plugin architecture but this is not taken advantage of.

The monetization strategy is concerning, it's not clear how this product will last in the market.

There needs to be more client support - not everyone has windows or uses webmail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weigh up alternatives, Virtru is a great product but the monetization is worrying and overall strategy is not clear.

Sending of privileged or sensitive information.

Virtru review by Aria S.
Aria S.

"Virtru works well for me"

What do you like best?

Virtru have really been a helpful tool for me, its been helping me since few months now. Since I have been using it, I feel safe, my emails and all important data is encrypted and safe.

What do you dislike?

I don't exactly have any complaints yet, but sometimes privacy concerns me, what if it leak my information, or something negative could happen since I am relying on a software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's good can ease and smooth emailing system and privacyl

With Virtru I trust emails more, and they are easier to use and work with.

Virtru review by Jake M.
Jake M.

"Virtru is excellent email security software"

What do you like best?

Virtru is an excellent email security tool which I believe everyone should have. The software is reasonable and works really well, the chrome plugin have made things really easy for me. I feel safe and protected, never got my email hack since virtru.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far, but now my emails are pretty much relying on this software, I hope they don't wreck up ever. No complains so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best email protection software one can use.

I have solved email protection issue the most, I would recommend it.

Virtru review by Victoria A.
Victoria A.

"Perfect for a secure business"

What do you like best?

Email's the thing through which we do our everyday business. Unless that's secure, nothing is.

What do you dislike?

The 25MB per email limitation would somewhat limit the full use.

I found that my data's been secured now, for which there were no precautions before

Virtru review by micheal j.
micheal j.

"Easy to manage"

What do you like best?

It's easy for recipients to decrypt email and attachments without the hassle of key installation or trusting.I like the flexibility to turn it on and off within Gmail. My emails and all important data is encrypted and safe.

What do you dislike?

In the case where I don't initiate a message thread, I have to rely on the other party to choose to use Virtru to send me secure messages.

Virtru solves that issue by encrypting/decrypting content right in my browser

Virtru review by Alison M.
Alison M.

"Works well!"

What do you like best?

Works with existing email accounts and help protect the email data. Excellent product, enabling high-grade encryption very simple to use by senders and recipients.

What do you dislike?

Stops working after every update. Seems to work, but no new messages arrive. After every update it takes time coming together. The UI could be improved as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your emails save and secure from hacking, I would recommend this.

My data is in safe hands now.

Virtru review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Great System with kinks"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use on the sender's end.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit difficult when trying to access emails quickly on a mobile device. In addition, folks that do not have virtru installed on their emails have stated it takes a long time to get into an email upon receipt. You cannot see the trail of an email when forwarded.

It encrypts emails so only the individuals intended to receive it can.

Virtru review by Lane J.
Lane J.

"Pretty useful"

What do you like best?

This is a pretty useful application when it comes to personal and corporate security. More often than not, some highly confidential material is shared through an email and to make it safe, virtru does a fantastic job.

What do you dislike?

I really have nothing bad to say about virtru as so far, I've been pretty content with it.

I realized that it was no longer unsafe to exchange confidential emails any longer.

Virtru review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Virtru eMail Encryption"

What do you like best?

Virtru integrates with my email system and is very simple to use. It even pops up when an email appears to have sensitive information to see if I want to enable encryption.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. Virtru protects me from sharing sensitive information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have never had to utilize support for Virtru it is reliable.

I work in healthcare IT and have to work under strict HIPAA guidelines. Virtru in a tool and reminder when sensitive personal information is present.

Virtru review by Bill B.
Bill B.

"Highly preferred"

What do you like best?

I loved it, absolutely loved it! Saved me from a massive encryption hassle. My accounts are now safer than before

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't call it exactly to be perfect, there are a few places where work could be done but other than that, fantastic.

I solved the problem of sharing confidential emails with my colleagues because of the risk of them being hacked into.

Virtru review by Cheryl M.
Cheryl M.

"Amazing application"

What do you like best?

It's highly usable and the security features truly are mind-blowing.

This sort of encryption makes the use of our day-to-day emails be free from the worries of being seen by unauthorized people.

What do you dislike?

It takes a bit of getting used to but once you're past that initial stage, it's all well and good.

I solved being constantly worried about exchanging confidential emails with people.

Virtru review by User in Computer Software

"There is no other privacy and encryption product that compares to Virtru"

What do you like best?

I've researched a lot of encryption utilities, but Virtru is the only one I've seen that gives full end-to-end encryption in such a seamless manner. I don't need to generate my own keys, publish a public key somewhere, make sure my identity is properly confirmed by a separately published fingerprint, yadda yadda.

With Virtru, in order to send me fully encrypted communications (including files), all you need to know is my email address!

The end-to-end encryption aspect of Virtru's technology is crucial. One my data leaves my computer, I lose control over it and can't guarantee it's privacy. Even over SSL connections, I still have to trust my webmail provider! Virtru solves that issue by encrypting/decrypting content right in my browser.

What do you dislike?

Same as with all other encryption methods, you have to have participation from the other party.

Virtru makes it easy for receivers to decrypt and respond to secured messages with their web based reader, but it is much better if both parties adopt Virtru's tools to send and receive messages.

I use Virtru for complete privacy control over my email.

Virtru review by Sherine A.
Sherine A.

"Easy to learn, and use"

What do you like best?

I like that it is user friendly and gives you step by step how to use it. When you send the email outside of your organization, The program can be used in conjunction with Google software or Microsoft software.

What do you dislike?

it's not clear how this product will last in the market.

use Virtru for complete privacy control over my email

Virtru review by Andrew W.
Andrew W.

"Simple, and low cost email encryption for healthcare"

What do you like best?

I like that Virtru will sign a BAA for HIPAA and will still keep the cost low. I like the fact it works with my physioworkshsv.com email address via google apps for business. I absolutely love the read receipts recently introduced. Quite honestly the best value piece of software I own. I particularly like the recent additions of read receipts for the email and attachment!

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes of this product whatsoever!

email encryption in a healthcare setting. I have recently realized the benefits of the read receipt as I can see if my patients have looked at the email and can follow up with them - this is both great from a care and business point-of-view

Virtru review by Laura A.
Laura A.

"Just fantastic"

What do you like best?

I really liked having my emails be much safer through virtru. No one can now read them, other than the ones they're intended for.

What do you dislike?

It did take a bit of getting used to but in the end, it was worth it.

Honestly, this has solved just so many of my problems. I've become so much pleased with it.

Virtru review by Dominique M.
Dominique M.

"Privacy "

What do you like best?

The best thing I like about Virtru is the data privacy , it protects any emails , files etc even when you share them to different companies etc .

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about Virtru , only that a lot of people don't know about it .

The privacy with Virtru makes you realize you don't need extra files or different sites to have privacy within your emails , photos , privacy etc

Virtru review by User in Investment Management
User in Investment Management

"Good idea, poor execution"

What do you like best?

Slick interface and UX. Very well thought-out user experience and outstanding ease of use.

What do you dislike?

As of 1/27/2017, it appears that Virtru is not maintained. After online subscription cancellation failed ("contact support"), I tried to contact them 4 different times, still no response in 4 days. I had to cancel my credit card, this was the only way to stop thing thing from billing me.

Now to the reason I cancelled, I really loved the app when saw it a year ago, and subscribed just in case, without apparent need. But both times I did need to send sensitive stuff via email, Virtru failed to open on the recepient's computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do decide to sign up, make sure you can reach these guys, before you do.

n/a

Virtru review by Anasthasia W.
Anasthasia W.

"Encryption made easy"

What do you like best?

For a bigger business, there are very few things more important than security of data and that is what exactly virtru provides. That's why I'm loving it.

What do you dislike?

I really dislike their interface and a few other problems, like slower customer support, and a little expensive price.

I solved my business data security problems pretty easily through virtru.

Virtru review by User

"Clunky & Sometimes Incompatible"

What do you like best?

Virtru provides an opportunity to access secure documents remotely and transfer information between agencies without fear of privacy breaches.

What do you dislike?

Virtru is persnickety and slow and generates copious notification emails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exercise patience and provide feedback so we can all assist in this product's development.

Virtru maintains client privacy while allowing for the convenience of emailing information/documents to coordinate services.

Virtru review by Kurt A.
Kurt A.

"Great E-Mail Encryption for HIPAA Compliance"

What do you like best?

- Easy to install

- Easy to manage

- Easy to set up encrypted e-mail

- Users who receive a Virtru e-mail do not have to have Virtru installed to view it

What do you dislike?

- Yearly cost per user (would prefer to own the program outright)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Virtru is an easy to use application that allows your users to be HIPPA compliant (e-mail encryption.)

In order to comply with HIPAA laws we had to have encrypted e-mail options for a few of our users.

Virtru review by Jane J.
Jane J.

"Easy email protection "

What do you like best?

Easy email protection and file encryption.we use Google Suite and Virtru is fully integrated with Google Suite

What do you dislike?

There needs to be more client support

Our entire team uses Virtru to securely encrypt our email and our sensitive financial files. We use it internally as well as for communicating with our portfolio companies and investors.

Virtru review by Stephen S.
Stephen S.

"Easy email and data encryption"

What do you like best?

Virtru is the easiest way to send and receive secure emails, files, attachments, and more.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful to have access controls persistently enabled in the background

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for Google Apps for Business users as well as Office 365. Excellent for financial services and health care professionals.

Easy email encryption including file attachments without frustrating recipients.

"Encrypting Gmail emails"

What do you like best?

When I need to send encrypted emails to others in my department, it is easy to use Virtru to encrypt (and decrypt) my Gmail emails.

What do you dislike?

I have not come across anything with Virtru that I have disliked so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a need for encrypting emails sent from Gmail, Virtru is the way to go.

We are able to safely and securely send sensitive information via Gmail by encrypting with Virtru. We are able to exchange data quicker and more securely now.

Virtru review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Easy use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and the separate app makes it much easier to utilize the encrypted message platform.

What do you dislike?

Contacts don't carry over from gmail when trying to send an email to someone you have been in correspondence with previously.

HIPPA compliant and protects my emails as well as removes emails if wanted

Virtru review by Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.

"user friendly "

What do you like best?

It keeps sensitive information protected. Virtru makes extremely easy to make specific emails secure.

What do you dislike?

Excellent for financial services and health care professionals.

Virtru review by User in Food Production
User in Food Production

"Quick and Easy Message Encryption"

What do you like best?

Very easy to install and integrate with Outlook 2016.

What do you dislike?

Hard to know the effectiveness as everything is "under the hood:"

Basic, Easy message encryption without the hassle of shared keys or requiring users to sign up with another service to view the messages

Virtru review by User

"Great for patient privacy "

What do you like best?

Easy to send encrypted emails to external businesses without the need for both businesses to have the same encryption software. Also easy to install.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are kinks in the receiver being able to open the email. May not be intuitive for all users.

Sending encrypted emails to external businesses that do not have the same encryption software. Reduces the need for faxing to protect patient confidentiality, and is much faster than faxing.

Virtru review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"protect your emails from hackers"

What do you like best?

So easy to use. Gives you options that no other secure emails source does. I never leave reviews but had to, because I can't believe its not more widely used.

What do you dislike?

Keeps switching itself on and encrypting emails that don't require encryption which is very annoying.

Email Encryption. Works very well with little to no configuration. A very elegant one-button solution to encrypting email.

Virtru review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"My E-mail is secure!"

What do you like best?

It works seamlessly with my existing e-mail accounts, both in Outlook as well as Gmail. Furthermore, not only are my messages encrypted and secure but also any of my attachments.

What do you dislike?

I was involved in a trial of Virtru. During that time, I really hadn't found anything specific that I dislike.

Overall feeling of security, whether sending company e-mails or just my personal messages.

Virtru review by Internal Consultant in Government Administration
Internal Consultant in Government Administration

"Virtru is the way of the future "

What do you like best?

Virtru offers new systematic concepts to increase the productivity of any company. I also enjoy Virtru being on the cutting edge of technology changes.

What do you dislike?

I wish the products were more accessible for the personal use, this would increase productivity and improve Virtru revenue.

Virtru allows for our business to increase productivity by improving the technological innovation of the company.

Virtru review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Worst Customer Experience I have ever received. "

What do you like best?

The day we no longer used this company. The worst experience I have ever had with a company.

What do you dislike?

Customer service, No Contact Number. A 30-day notice of cancelation, Took over a week for someone to reach out to us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT USE. STAY AWAY

We did not. We had to switch companies because we had so many issues.

Virtru review by Eric B.
Eric B.

"Easiest Way to Control Security for Email and Data"

What do you like best?

Virtru is so simple to download and use on your mobile device and email to send encrypted messages and documents; I definitely am recommending this to my company for sharing sensitive messages and files

What do you dislike?

Right now the product is in its beta phase, so there are still a few kinks to work out. For example, my corporate firewall won't allow me to use Virtru on our corporate email yet, and the mobile app only works for one account. But for a startup, they are lightyears ahead on technology

When I'm trying to send and share sensitive files, emails and data, I don't know who is on the other side or who may interfere and capture the data. Virtru gives me a sense of control over my digital data and assets and makes it easy for me to feel secure that hackers and malicious actors cannot comprise my digital assets

Virtru review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Our entire sales team shifted to virtru the moment I started to use it. It's just too safe.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the hassle going through it, but after you're done with the sign-up and all, it's a fantastic application.

My emails have become much more safer.

Virtru review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Easy, secure, efficient!"

What do you like best?

Emails and attachments can only be decrypted by the people you authorize, without the hassle of requiring the recipient to also download Virtru (unless they want to send files of their own).

What do you dislike?

Compatibility issues with Internet Explorer

Sending attachments to email recipients with confidence that the data is not compromised.

Virtru review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive
View Original

"Nice experience"

What do you like best?

It's user friendly and it's user interface has amazing look and feel.

What do you dislike?

More features can be added which might enhance the product like shared security etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I recommend

Many problems in many domains in security especially for data security and malicious emails.

"Virtru"

What do you like best?

I like that this resource allows our company to be a part of the global market.

What do you dislike?

We like this system and have been using for a year now.

Trade and marketing problems, removal of some human error with data security

Virtru review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Automotive
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Automotive

"Great Product "

What do you like best?

Encryption technology and ease of use is on point

What do you dislike?

Nothing much is there to dislike about virtru

Safe and easy exchange of emails

Learning about Virtru?

* We monitor all Virtru reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Virtru to Similar Solutions