Visio

Whether you want to quickly capture a flowchart that you brainstormed on a whiteboard, or map an IT network or build an organizational chart, Visio makes it simple to do so.

Work for Visio?

Learning about Visio?

Visio Reviews

Showing 307 Visio reviews
Visio review by Vanessa T.
Vanessa T.

"I love Viso "

What do you like best?

is the best diagram software, i used it for all my projects to diagram workflows, vmware connections, i used all the stencils that are create it for visio, it almost have everything for every brand. and also it helps me to make my presentations easy, for the user of our internal LAN and our software, i also used it to teach the workflows, the other thing i like the most is that integrates. Office experience allows you to perform common flow charts with ease. Add comments and share diagrams easily with anyone across your organization.

What do you dislike?

i really love it, maybe recommend do the flows a little more self-manage as other online software do

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to tried it, Office experience allows you to perform common flow charts with easy, share diagrams easily with anyone across your organization.

for the projects is problem solving, because you can present to your client a visual diagram of anything you have in mind. Office experience allows you to perform common flow charts with ease. Add comments and share diagrams easily with anyone across your organization.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Visio
Visio review by Yaolin Z.
Yaolin Z.

"Easy to use intuitive software for creating beautiful flow charts"

What do you like best?

I find the software very intuitive and easy to experiment with. They provide an assortment of templates, but it is very easy to create a new flow chart from scratch, by drawing a starting shape and using connector lines. If you are already familiar with designing powerpoint diagrams, the concept is similar, except with Visio, it is much more effortless to align objects, and the software will automatically expand your figure onto another page if necessary.

What do you dislike?

The product defaults to blue shaded boxes which are difficult to read and not very printer-friendly. I have to manually fix it every time. The other limitation is that when you want to save Visio or transfer your image into a different program (i.e., going into a powerpoint presentation), the image doesn't always transfer in exactly the way because it may appear slightly differently. I also wish there were more icons available, so I could use them as objects in presentations. There is a way to modify them, but there is a rather limited selection, since the diagrams were intended to be used for business or work purposes (not as a general database of copyright free clip art).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Visio if you like to create interesting flow charts and plan to do so on a regular basis.

I was a bit of a skeptic when my vice-chair highly recommended Visio for designing algorithms and flow-charts. I initially used it reluctantly, but I was able to figure out how to make fairly appealing flow charts within minutes. This makes for much more interesting presentations and hand-outs. Most people who have seen my Visio flowcharts have been impressed. The completed flow charts would take significantly longer to create in powerpoint or other software programs.

What Diagramming solution do you use?

Visio review by Ava H.
Ava H.

"Easy to work with and easy on eye"

What do you like best?

As an electrical engineer I do a lot of documentation, My biggest struggle is always picture of my designed circuit. I have tried exporting them from my designing software but they always end up looking strange and incoherent when using in text document. Using Visio has solved this problem for me. You can use Visio For any type of diagramming need. After drawing your circuits you can also include your block diagrams with the same software.

What do you dislike?

The library for circuit symbols were not included, I have to find a library online,which is not complete. Therefore sometime I have to put a lot of time making library components. Considering other libraries beside electrical engineering, Visio is almost complete.

Another problem is that for exporting pictures, you have to try a few time with the exporting option to make sure you have a clear image. Some times when making picture ready for a journal I have to re-export the pictures with very large sizes to make sure the quality of my picture is good enough for the strict requirements of a journal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Electrical engineers always struggle with founding a tool to draw schematics for their documentation, forget printing the schematics from your simulation software. Use Visio to draw them and you have a clear picture and fonts matching your word document. can

Drawing circuits for documentation.

Visio review by Bob K.
Bob K.

"Network and flow diagrams"

What do you like best?

Large number of manufacturer specific templates, easy to use when developing basic network diagrams and brainstorming. Very popular with IT staff so often times they can provide initial diagrams at early stage of project.

What do you dislike?

Some limitations when exporting to autocad as well as when scaling drawing size up or down. Have not seen much improvement from Microsoft on this product. Monthly cost when adding to office365 accounts seems a little overpriced compared to cost of some other programs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try the trail or online version first to make sure it will perform the tasks required, there are lots of other programs available but this has been the preferred diagramming app when dealing with IT staff/clients.

Quick and easy flow diagrams for internal and customer projects. Using the stencils where the device is realistically represented often times helps clients better understand the size of equipment and how it will logically be placed in a rack.

Visio review by Shawn S.
Shawn S.

"Visio You, Visio Me"

What do you like best?

Ok, if you need to VISUALLY define the way something is going to flow and you are not wanting to use your cocktail napkin in a meeting... Then here you go! Then again, maybe the dry erase board with the half usable markers is more your speed! God love ya! Enjoy!

What do you dislike?

Ok, the NEW version of Office, either you dig it or you don't Its' pretty simple. I say that because I have been on office 2007 for a Looooooooong time. And just upgraded. Yeah. Bit of a difference there. The functionality is there, but wow a big jump for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try before you buy!

If you are looking to CROSS collaborate with others in a whole new way. Then with the even newer version of office 365, you probably cannot ask for more. But for instant file updates and sharing of overall design flows. You really cannot beat it!

Visio review by Hamilton R.
Hamilton R.

"It's Visio the better choice for my company?"

What do you like best?

Visio allows you to create a lot of diagram types, for example: process diagrams, business, factory, office and more if you get creative. For me, it's the perfect BPM to start if you got no experience in the field of process ingeneering or in the process diagram world. Let's be honest, is a process modeler with Microsoft support and that counts a lot at the end.

What do you dislike?

Page sizes, as you got a top and a bottom per sheet, this botters me a lot because the most of our process diagrams are a little more bigger than an A4 o A3 paper sheet sizes, so this is a annoying situation that I always have to consider when I'm diagraming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are getting troubles with your business process in your company, try it!! It would help you to identify critical points of improvement through your process diagrams, but when you get more and more expertise in process engineering, maybe you'll need another software in the future, this is because you will go from plain process diagrams to apps for your company. At the end of this review, I invite you to ask yourself if Visio is ther better choice for you.

All of our business process are diagrammed on Visio, this solution has given to our company the organization for our process documentation, so we keep them structured, esquematizated and in a portrait so anyone can see them.

Visio review by J. Douglas W.
J. Douglas W.

"Great product for a good price"

What do you like best?

Thousands of shapes and versatile templates make for a flexible work environment, allowing me to create just about anything my boss or co-workers need. Installs and activates easily. Love the new SkyDrive integration. Once you are used to Visio, the features and capabilities become second-nature... so easy and self-explanatory. Templates for Maps and Floor Plans are nice, too.

What do you dislike?

The price can be steep if purchasing it for personal use, but it is a must have for the workplace. It can have a somewhat steep learning curve for new users or someone unfamiliar with Microsoft software. Visio for Mac or Linux does not exist; it only works on Windows operating systems unless you use 3rd party tools or workarounds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the standard for diagramming and vector graphics applications. If you need to create any type of flowchart, this is the tool for you. Don't bother looking anywhere else.

Network diagrams, decision trees, org charts, and seating charts... these have all been made more neatly and professionally by Visio. On a personal level, I have used Visio for genealogical research and family trees.

Visio review by Angel J.
Angel J.

"A very good program"

What do you like best?

It is a very easy to use program and its content serves from school tasks to bodily business plans, the creation of concept maps is an easy tool and can be used by any type of person, it really is a very good program that I would recommend

What do you dislike?

It is usually a very basic and simple program, in spite of fulfilling the functions of diagramming, I feel that something else is missing to be a potential competitor in the market, it needs something more professional and exclusive to be a strong competition

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the program without fear, it is a very easy tool to use and it meets all the requirements, it really is a program that serves what was created

As I mentioned before, this program is useful for many things and many sectors, from solving school tasks to executive presentations of some company, it is really a program that helps a lot when it comes to making diagrams, mental maps, among other things.

Visio review by Aleksandra M.
Aleksandra M.

"Easy to use saves time"

What do you like best?

It is very intuitive to navigate; you can only use the symbols similar to Paint or you can use the templates or even create complex links; depends on your goals and free time you want to spend on it.

What do you dislike?

Does take some time to get used to the meaning of each shape. Could be nicer it it was a little more intuitive and gave you suggestions as you work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a nice addition t your office productivity tools. It is worth buying it. Will save you time and will help you achieve a professional look for your presentation with little time and effort.

Visualizations of the current state of a process and the potential for improvements; also good to visualize data flow and other issues.

Visio review by Peter G.
Peter G.

"An almost do it all tool"

What do you like best?

Visio has come on by leaps and bounds and the more templates that get added the better it gets. We use it for screen mock-ups, business process diagrams, software flow, floor plans, org charts. The list just goes on and on. It is also easy to cut and paste or embed the diagrams into word documents or slide shows.

What do you dislike?

There used to be a facility (15years ago?!) to scan a network and generate a network topology diagram based on what Visio found. This was removed a long time ago but I still miss it. It used to save hours creating network diagrams for small offices.

Process design - brings clarity and helps communicate ideas (both internally and with clients)

Software design - helps prevent rework by getting the thinking right first time.

Layout Plans - use the ability to produce vector graphics to create diagrams that can interface with our hot-desking software providing real time updates of availability and status.

Visio review by T. Blane M.
T. Blane M.

"Great tool for Documenting Business "

What do you like best?

I like the stencils that allow you to create a business document for just about any business system or process. There are some very nice integration capabilities that are helpful in cutting down maintenance. I really like the org chart tool that uses the Outlook/Exchange directory to build organizational charts. You just pick someone and the levels you want to include and then the chart is created. I have the PRO version, which also allows you to link diagrams to Excel data files. I used this to update system diagrams with a table of data about the server, such as domain, name, function, etc. and avoid updating all of the detail in the diagram. I also like that I can set my page size to anything I need for large diagrams and plotter size paper.

What do you dislike?

It is not very commonly used, so I need to create a PDF to share files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is good for precisions. I don't find it useful in collaborations, because it is not that common. If it was a part of the Office suite, it would be more.

Linking data to diagrams is a nice solution especially for complicated diagrams with lots of detailed information that is better edited in a different file type, such as Excel.

Visio review by Jackie W.
Jackie W.

"Easy to use with wide range of feautres"

What do you like best?

I like that it is not too hard to use and it offers a wide range of features. I can easily and efficiently crate flowcharts, information architecture and diagrams. I like that I can import and create stencils and that it offers tutorials to help me become familiar with some of the main or most used features in the program.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if I could set the page areas, like in some of Microsoft's other programs, so that I can design or layout my flow charts from that starting point rather have to resize and move things around again and again. It would be nice if there was an option for a quick build template type of design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Double check the licensing options for you or your Team/Business needs.

Visio allows me to create flows that document and simplify complex information and share that with my team. It is beneficial because it allows the opportunity to create simple and appealing diagrams and charts that are user friendly.

Visio review by Braian Danielle C.
Braian Danielle C.

"Visio is an easy way to transmit information through the use of diagrams and flowcharts. "

What do you like best?

In my work as an auditor, the use of this tool is fundamental because it allows you to paint a process through the methodologies of diagrams. Relieving processes through this software has become one of the most important activities of a company, especially because it is very easy to use, its applications are universal (everyone knows and understands what their functions and definitions are), besides this tool It works as an organizer of key processes in a business unit. In addition, after the latest updates have added templates and additional design tools that allow you to innovate in the construction of the flow diagrams.

What do you dislike?

I believe that this tool should contemplate a module of online collaborative work. However, despite this, the operation of this software is perfect and ideal for the process department (IT) in a company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They could consider doing an application of editing and / or creation of processes and flow diagrams in a collaborative way, that is, several users connected at the same time working in the same file as a common project.

In my daily work, using this tool allows me to have a strategic vision about the processes of my organization, therefore, to identify opportunities for improvement.

Visio review by Heather L.
Heather L.

"Wonderful Application"

What do you like best?

I like that it allows for a lot of customizations such as the different backgrounds and designs for the flow charts. I use both of the floor plan and the flow chart functions. I also like that it is intuitive when it comes to connection points (floor plans) as well as connection lines (flow charts).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not set to standard page size defaults and resizing the items can be very clunky - especially on the flow charts. We use these a lot and it can be tedious when trying to resize to the page. The user has to know ahead of time to set the page set up before working and even then, because you don't necessarily know the finished size of your flow chart (or even floor plan when doing it to scale) you usually still have to resize it. I do like that we can do large scale printouts, especially for floor plans, but I don't think that should be the default as most companies would tend to use this for flow charts or process maps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to create flow charts or floor plans, definitely check out Visio. It's very user friendly and intuitive (basically just point, click and drag). It has all of the usual standard MS Office features such as the Ribbon which make it easy for the user. I would just highly suggest setting the page dimensions first before getting started to make it much easier when you are finished. Also, it would be good to have good PDF software so that you can send your finished projects to people who may not have Visio on their machines.

We use this software a lot for flow charts. We do all of our organizational diagrams as well as for process mapping using Visio and have found it to be MUCH more user friendly than Word or even Publisher or PowerPoint.

Visio review by Edwin M.
Edwin M.

" Visio Powerful diagram developer"

What do you like best?

This software developed by Microsoft is excellent, it is more than a simple design tool, it is like magic, with it you can capture a whole process and do it in a very professional way, since it has pre-designed figures and a great variety of topics.

Visio is so powerful that with this software you can create flow diagrams, construction plans, floor plans, data flow diagrams, flow charts, process flow diagrams, business process modeling, 3D maps, lane diagrams and much more. So basically it allows to simplify and communicate complex information with linked data diagrams created with a few steps and in a short time.

VISIO also presents a fairly large range of figures, themes and is equipped with industry standardization systems, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) 2.0 and (IEEE), allowing each design is based on reality; , Including compliance with the Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.4

What do you dislike?

Mainly that the software is not included in the microsoft office package, so it's a bit tedious to get it

Recommendations to others considering the product

VISIO being a tool for all kinds of work, it would be excellent with an aesthetically more friendly and colorful interface

In my work we handle quite complex telecommunications systems, so the use of plans is necessary, VISIO is very useful since it allows us to create the flow diagrams, travel plans of the services and electronic architecture plans of the equipment, all this in a very friendly and understandable way with a high level of detail.

Visio review by David S.
David S.

"Un buen comienzo, un mal final"

What do you like best?

Es una buena herramienta para realizar diagramas de flujo para las empresas o personas encargadas de grandes proyectos. Por el desembolso que hay que realizar para comprar la aplicación hay alternativas mejores a un menor coste

What do you dislike?

EL precio es muy elevado para los servicios que proporciona a día de hoy. En un primer momento fue una aplicación que ofrecía un servicio en el campo de la Ingeniería y Arquitectura que cubría el coste que había que realizar. A día de hoy, a no ser que quieras realizar diagramas de flujo o UML Visio no es tú programa

Recommendations to others considering the product

Lo recomendaría para la realización de diagramas de flujo o UML, pero por el coste que conlleva y los servicios que ofrece, considero que existen alternativas gratuitas que ofrecen un rendimiento similar

Visio es una aplicación muy válida para la creación de diagramas de flujo o UML. Pero no es mejor que otras alternativas existentes y gratuitas para este tipo de funciones. Como por ejemplo: ArgoUML

Visio review by Amr A.
Amr A.

"Highly recommended"

What do you like best?

It's one of the most powerful software for diagramming. You can use the ready templates for literally everything in Engineering and you can even create your own shape and save it as template to use it later on.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the connections between lines are not perfect which lower the resolution. I do recommend to increase the resolution of the grid to overcome this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you master the way to use it, you will find it the most efficient way to literally create any figure or block diagram.

I'm creating all the block diagrams needed for my reports and papers. The high resolution figures I got from it are amazing and compatible with Latex so I can use the output directly in my .tex document

Visio review by User

"Powerful tool but hard to use"

What do you like best?

I like how you can divide your project in modules, connect them and find in all of them at the same time, How you can connect and move the modules keeping the integrity of the whole diagram. It has a lot of tools and configurations to use depending on your needs.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes is really hard to find the options you really need and that there's situations when you try to go back and you just close the whole thing making you lose your progress...

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to draw beautiful and easy to read flowcharts this is your app, if you need a more complex functionality you'll need more time to manage it at full performance, but I bet that when you manage it properly it can be really powerful.

I use it to design flowcharts to describe the circuits of execution of the panels that I also design. So I can provide it to my boss and co-workers so they know how to interact with my tools and to know where an issue can be if something goes wrong.

Visio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration

"Easy to use and user friendly"

What do you like best?

I love this software! Visio allows me to quickly and accurately make flow charts and database diagrams. It is easy to use and inexpensive. I have made flow charts and org charts in MS Word and finds it difficult. Visio is so much easier to use and really caters to my needs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about this software. I have never encountered any issues, technical or otherwise during its use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product. I use it regularly and find that it is very user friendly. Compared to some of the other software I use this product is relatively inexpensive costing about $168 for the standard version and $247 for the professional version.

I typically use this software to create flow charts and database diagrams. I have used it for several years in multiple jobs. Its really a great piece of software for anyone trying to create org charts and flow diagrams.

Visio review by Matt R.
Matt R.

"One of the best Microsoft products."

What do you like best?

Visio offers so much and isn't complicated to use. It helps us create network diagrams, floor plans or general diagrams with much ease and always leaves you with a great final product. The built in tools and templates makes it easier with work flow, helping you to create great diagrams far quicker.

What do you dislike?

When creating larger diagrams it can be slower to use and faster computer is required. Sometimes different tools try to do things automatically for you, which doesn't always work well and ends up taking longer to correct. It can be costly, especially if you need it for several users as it isn't part of the standard Office package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visio is great product for diagrams, even basic diagrams. Though it offers a lot and can seem overwhelming, it can still be great for small to medium charts, floor plans and diagrams etc. It's easy to use, has a load of built in icons and shapes and will help you create better looking diagrams in no time. You can also import vendor icons and other resources to make the diagram more accurate.

We heavily rely on Visio for all our network and site diagrams. 90% of our paper work has been created with Visio and the ability to export in different formats, helps us share and distribute accordingly.

Visio review by aubrey c.
aubrey c.

"Visio for Process Flows"

What do you like best?

Visio is an easy and intuitive application to use to create Process, Screen, Decision and other Flows.

There are several libraries to use to locate the needed symbols and the diagrams can be saved in multiple formats to be shared with others.

Also like the linking ability that allows multiply diagrams to be linked together that make presenting easier to the Business Units.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I really dislike, other than not having the ability to access from other computers or laptops. But this is not a really bad issue.

Creating documentation that allows the Business Units to be able to visualize the process as has been gathered and to see where changes can be made if needed.

Visio review by User in Banking
User in Banking

"Visio Makes Creating Organized Flowcharts Easy as Pie"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love how easy and intuitive Visio was to pick up and learn! At first I was nervous to use it since I had never opened or used the program before, but within minutes I was creating flowcharts that looked professional. I find it easy to add in screenshots, or content blocks, change their shape, color code and coordinate them and then connect them using the connector tool. It truly is a tool that anyone can learn with little to no training at all.

What do you dislike?

The only issue i have with the program and dislike about it is that the connector tool can be funky sometimes and not connect to the items you want to connect it too. Otherwise i've found no other issues i dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Visio to any project manager, project coordinator or team that needs to build any type of family tree, flowcharts, decision diagrams or playbooks on a regular basis. It's easy to use and very intuitive for any first-time user.

We've solved several issues in my organization using this tool, including building a flowchart to help my team and the compliance team i work with to map out a selector tool that helps you figure out what banking product a customer needs. We've also used it to help us map out the onboarding and organization of a digital asset management tool, and what all the files needed were, and where they would live on this new tool. In both cases, we were able to take a very difficult process, and sum it up in a hand and easy to follow flowchart using Visio.

Visio review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Very easy to use with packed options"

What do you like best?

The best part of visio is how easy it is to use. It's also a very light application that does not require too much memory usage. You can also export in PDF for example, and the printing of the process maps are seamless. No need for multiple reconfoguration to fit within the page. I also love the fact that the layout is like the other Microsoft office apps; common interface that you can jump on right away.

What do you dislike?

Beware, there is no Visio viewer. Thus, you cannot view the file even in a web browser if you do not have Vision on your computer. Other than that, a really good product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make it part of the regular office suite!

Visio provides a simple way to create process maps with ease of use for any future modifications.

Visio review by Brigitte Y.
Brigitte Y.

"Microsoft Visio an Effective Diagramming Tool for a Variety of Purposes"

What do you like best?

Sometimes either after listening to a plan you or your team will need to see a process unfold. That’s where a good diagramming tool can help. Microsoft Visio has been a market leader in this area. Users can choose from a number of templates and incorporate several different shapes. In 2016 Microsoft came out with Office Visio Stencil which has 300 icons that include servers, server roles, applications to help further illustrate a business needs. Visio is a tool that helps small and large businesses. Executives and human resource departments can use it to create organizational charts and floor plans. Project managers can create timelines for the completion of a project. Design team can use it to explain and make prototypes. Departmental teams and individuals can use it for mind mapping. However, I feel that Engineers, IT and architects can benefit from it the most because of the flowcharts, networking, and wireframe templates.

What do you dislike?

While I enjoyed the product, I wouldn’t say it had many downfalls from my experience but many of the activities done in this program could be done in PowerPoint. The only difference is that you have a lot more room and more tools to help you create.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation when using this product is to not pile too much in the chart, for example don’t go overboard with the shapes. Try to incorporate the most relevant steps in the chart. Start with an outline and then draw out the process on paper with your team before putting it into the computer. This way you can really think about which steps or processes are really significant.

I used it to create a sitemap for the Energy Smart Florida website at Florida Power and Light. It was more like a flow diagram. It was a reference to see what documents were missing and to maintain the flow of going from one webpage to the next. Overall, the map was a resource that I posted at my desk and referred to daily to see what content I needed to gather, write and follow up with graphic designers, web designers and IT.

Visio review by Racey C.
Racey C.

"Visio. A classic and still the "go to" diagram/mapping software"

What do you like best?

Visio is classic. Pretty much everyone has heard of it and it's used by countless people for a good reason. Visio is amazing at what it does. You can keep it simple and use it to just make some basic diagrams, or your can get fairly complex and tag a ton of metadata into your objects. I really built out Visio is much more than just a visual representation, it's a quite robust form of documentation when used to it's full extent.

But! If all you want to do is make a pretty picture, Visio has you covered.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can point to right away is that you will find yourself having to go to third parties for additional drawings of products. Generic stencils are most of what's included and if you want something that is actually what you have in place you'll very likely need additional stencils created by other vendors.

Documentation and visualization of an increasingly interwoven environment.

Visio review by Cesar G.
Cesar G.

"Tool to diagram in a simple and pleasant way"

What do you like best?

In my opinion, this Microsoft Visio tool helps simplify complex tasks with dynamic visual elements based on data and new ways to share on the Web in real time. Whether you are creating an organization chart, a network diagram or a business process, the new tools and the more intuitive interface of the tool help you create your diagrams more easily.

One of the great advantages that Visio offers is that it has different templates that you can customize with the corporate colors and the company logo. In addition, these templates, which are intended to simplify the work, you can modify and adapt to your needs, with just one click. Change the style, insert new images, modify the type of letter, are some of the options that this tool allows you to change the appearance of your document.

What do you dislike?

The inconveniences or the obstacles that I have in the management of VIsio with the diagrams of NETWORKS is that most of the security equipment does not exist, so I must search online and install it in the tool to be able to use them and complete my diagram but the duty is that it shows me more options for the diagramming of networks or peripherals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Visio as a tool for diagramming as well as DFD and among other diagrams, as well as the diagramming of NETWORKS or peripherals as it helps you in the effective demonstration of how a network is constituted.

Diagramming of security equipment of a perimeter network of a company

Visio review by User in Industrial Automation
User in Industrial Automation

"Technical but needs some user-friendly work"

What do you like best?

I like how custom it can be. Visio has the capability to be specific by using actual equipment and engineering symbols or vague by using plain shapes. This is great because we can modify diagrams to the audience whether they are technical or big picture viewers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how frustrating the connections can be between two or more items. Sometimes the snap on feature will not connect at the correct point and will automatically connect elsewhere on the object. Or the path the connection uses from one object to the next is not as flexible as it should. Lines will hide behind or in front of pictures or objects and will not let the user customize the 90deg angles and lengths of the connection lines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

We use Visio to visualize networks and layouts of control systems for our customers to better understand our work and what we are doing for them. This also helps new engineers with troubleshooting.

Visio review by User in Security and Investigations
User in Security and Investigations

"Flowchart and Diagram creating tool"

What do you like best?

The single best thing about Microsoft Visio has to be the large amount of templates that are included with it, covering almost any topic you may need from simple flowcharts to complex electrical diagrams.

It is easy to use (but does require a little learning at first - I'd recommend Lynda,com for that).

Other notable features are:

- the good integration with other Office products

- the ability to import/export from many other formats, including autocad

- many print options for exact control of the output (printer)

- works relatively fast of a moderate spec PC

- free viewer is available for users who do not have the full program

What do you dislike?

- price a bit high

- there are free alternative such as Libreoffice Draw (not as powerful)

- no android version (as available for Word, Excel and Powerpoint)

- some learning curve

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a chart/diagram tool solution which is more powerful than the free options, Visio might be worth a try

Any type of diagram can be crated using Visio. Good chance you will find the template you are looking for in their extensive library.

I'm using it for security plans diagrams (camera locations, alarms, sensors etc.)

Visio review by Kali M.
Kali M.

"Visio - Great program for mapping out flows"

What do you like best?

I've mostly used visio to map out the flow of a customer's order through departments. I liked that you were able to easily customize the flows that you make by utilizing different shapes and arrows. This made it clearer to see what you were trying to get across. Additionally, I liked that the different flowchart shapes were labelled with additional custom shapes for making a flow as unique as you need it to be. The flow lanes made following the pathing and understanding the big picture much easier. The program is also very user friendly. I was able to pick up how to use it without any formal training. I think that my favorite feature was the connectors. The arrows that you were able to place between different flowchart shapes. They clearly defined the route that you wanted to take, and you can even update them to have yes/no paths (or whatever specifictions you want) so that you can account for everything.

What do you dislike?

One thing that I found kind of irritating was when I was trying to transfer information from one flowchart to a separate flowchart (in a new tab/worksheet). You could copy any selection(s) in the flowchart by clicking and dragging your mouse to select a large area or left clicking while holding the CTRL button. Putting identical shapes and flows on a different tab/worksheet was easy, but if you added more shapes than could fit on the original page size, the page size did not increase to fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Program is simple to use, especially if you have used other microsoft office programs. Visio is very customizable and has features that are able to help you acheive pretty much anything you are wanting to.

I've mostly used visio to map out the flow of a customer's order through departments. It has been extremely useful to map out department processes and from there find out ways to streamline them. Being able to break tasks down to their basic steps and have a detailed view of what needs to happen made it much easier to work on streamlining a process. I think the swimlanes helped the most as we have several different programs that we use. Being able to clearly see which steps were needed in each program was wonderful.

Visio review by Morgan G.
Morgan G.

"Visio Review"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the Visio program is that it provides a lot of pre-made elements out of the box. This lets you create a diagram or layout extremely quickly if you know what you're doing. My IT guy who, has never used the program, layed out our entire office layout in a day.

What do you dislike?

I feel like there's a lack of tutorials and explanations for Visio. I found this quite odd considering it's a somewhat popular microsoft product. I watch a ton of videos on YouTube to learn and I felt like content is just lacking for this program.

I've used Visio to create many layouts. Some of these include, office layouts, network infrastructre, datacenter layout, timeframes, various maps, etc. I use it the most for employee maps on the office floor. That way we know where every employee is sitting, with their phone ext, pc #, and desk number.

Visio review by Jan T.
Jan T.

"Visio - my favorite tool for documenting our IT infrastructure "

What do you like best?

I like Visio since it is very intuitive to work with, same like any otjer Office product.

I use it for years to create topology maps of our IT infrastructure.

I am also using it to create flow charts, or for drawing schemas and pictures for my training materials.

What do you dislike?

I wqould like to have more stencils that I need in my daily work.

For instance additional IT shapes for Windows 10, Linux Red Hat or Oracle Database.

I would welcome sort of "project" features to include some "TO-DO" shapes ih my drawings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth to try - even for personal use, when desigjing furniture in you apartment, for instance :-)

Try to copy/paste drawing into your documents or email, Visio OLE objects are better to handle than inserted pictures.

Mainly IT documentation and presentation.

Visio Viewer make these schemas easy to view for everyone.

Also export to other formats like JPG or PDF is very useful.

Visio review by Marcos Gabriel C.
Marcos Gabriel C.

"Visio"

What do you like best?

I liked that you were able to easily customize the flows that you make by utilizing different shapes and arrows. This made it clearer to see what you were trying to get across. Additionally, I liked that the different flowchart shapes were labelled with additional custom shapes for making a flow as unique as you need it to be, if you are already familiar with designing powerpoint diagrams, the concept is similar, except with Visio, it is much more effortless to align objects, and the software will automatically expand your figure onto another page if necessary.

What do you dislike?

You could copy any selection(s) in the flowchart by clicking and dragging your mouse to select a large area or left clicking while holding the CTRL button. I also wish there were more icons available, so I could use them as objects in presentations. There is a way to modify them, but there is a rather limited selection, since the diagrams were intended to be used for business or work purposes (not as a general database of copyright free clip art).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend the real time collaboration tools. Take a good look on that, and engage your team with Visio. Try to keep it as organized as possible - it's easy to get lost if you don't use versions, for example.

Visio review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Good option for process diagrams"

What do you like best?

Visio has what you need to create any type of diagram or process chart. The variety of shapes and symbols offered in the categories allow you to customize your diagrams in a way that allows you to define and use the symbols exactly how you want.

What do you dislike?

The page layout and ability to organize and size your diagrams is not very simple or seamless which caused me to have to resize/organize my diagrams in order for them to fit on the page. The overall functionality was difficult to use and it took time to search for previously used symbols or shapes as there are almost too many categories to click through. The categories also do not display the image of the shape until you open it up completely which made it difficult to quickly scan as you can't see the shape as you are going through the categories.

Visio allowed me to illustrate data flow and system processes in a visual way that was clean and easy to understand. These visual data process flows were used daily for troubleshooting, problem solving, as well as for training new employees.

Visio review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Staple for workflow design for a reason"

What do you like best?

Being able to hear a work flow process from a user or clinician and put it into a visually appealing concise document.

What do you dislike?

Can be a little difficult to get the right formatted and connectors at first but it just takes some practice.

We have had a lot of work flow processes that seasoned folks had in their heads or was documented in a textual document. Visio has allowed us to visually see the workflow for departments or for specific procedure and it really brings it alive. If using "swim lanes" you can really narrow into each role within a certain scenario. Being able to dial into what each person does visually has helped us transition from just being conceptual.

Visio review by Eli M.
Eli M.

"Somewhat annoying since Microsoft acquired VISIO"

What do you like best?

VIsio is a very good tool for 2 dimensional illustrations, flow diagrams, logic illustrations, simple schematic type drawings and more. It is generally quick and easy to use. Despite the drawback of a Microsoft owned product, Visio is probably the best tool of its kind today.

What do you dislike?

Since Microsoft acquired Visio, they have made it much more sluggish and heavy, and made a number of annoying features the default behavior, such as automatic snap to path and snap to object, and connectors that try to predict what you want to do, instead of simply working in the way you would like them to...Microsoft took a great tool that was easy to use, and made it unnecessarily complicated and heavy.

product operational logic diagrams, networking diagrams, process flow diagrams

Visio review by User in Computer Software

"Visio Product Review"

What do you like best?

Visio is great for creating intricate flows and diagrams. There are many ways to put boxes and arrows together. This is esp. useful for IVR patterns and UI flows

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to find stencils or templates. The arrows don't always like up. A complex diagram can be challenging and it can be hard to move things around and re-size.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vision is a great tool for creating custom diagrams with workflows or graphs. It allows reuse of template libraries, which can be shared among different users. Often you can build a slide in Vision which is easier than creating it in power point. Then it's easy to import into word or deck.

Visio helps create graphs and charts and flows. Often I use it to create slides for power point. I can also share templates and view others' ideas.

Visio review by Miysan C.
Miysan C.

"pre-eminent software for diagramming "

What do you like best?

with this application, there is a great easy of use and the vast array of symbols and flow points that allow for extremely detailed diagrams. I also love that the export to various formats that are quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

where there is a vast array of symbols and flows getting to ones that are needed can be a little difficult and some that to be downloaded and some of the most common ones are not included by default.

We are able to create comprehensive diagrams that show how the flow of information occurs internally to the organization and also easily show what outside vendors have access and what type of access is being used. For security purposes this is important so that we can identify all of the points of possible intrusion and protect client and data flow.

Visio review by Brandon M.
Brandon M.

"Interface can be stiff, but it will do a great job at diagraming anything."

What do you like best?

From wire diagrams, to logic charts, to rack diagrams, if you need a diagram, this will draw it. Stencils allow for vender specific design as well as any other needs. Can be dressed up nice an also allows tools to create diagrams for you.

What do you dislike?

Formatting and visual appeal can be touchy at times for how to align. Sometimes moving something will break the whole visual layout. Learn CTRL+Z to undo.

We use it to diagram networks, firewalls, racks, power distribution, logic flows, and all other diagram needs.

Visio review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy/Intermediate Platform for Diagraming"

What do you like best?

I use an older version of Visio as supplied by my employer. I like that it looks like Word templates, so its easy to navigate, especially for first time users. I'm already familiar with other Office products so its helpful to have a similar ribbon above/top of the screen.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the intricacy of some diagrams. It's repetitive, in that if there are no saved templates for specific shapes, you have to start with a new shape etc. For beginners it can be irritating, especially if the user is not comfortable with technology. I find that some colleagues have a harder time using it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch tutorials on line for a better understanding of specific tools.

It's easy to make a flow chart, and save as any file you need. It's a Office program, so it works seamlessly with other integrated office software: word, excel etc.

Visio review by Lindsay B.
Lindsay B.

"Visio is an easy way to generate easy to read workflows and timelines"

What do you like best?

The functionality is very easy to use. I am not a programmer but do tend to pick up on things fairly quickly. I found this program very easy to use without any direct training. There were a few features I had to look up but in general, found the solutions to be very straightforward.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to design how the page breaks would look. There may be a way to do it but I haven't figured it out yet. It's fine as a file but if you want something easy to print to distribute, it can look really confusing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely read through some of the instruction and training guides. It will save some frustration.

We do a lot of workflow efficiency improvement projects. This means looking at various workflows and completely restructuring them. When many people are involved, no amount of training will replace a simple workflow diagram that people can reference. This helps us make them very clear and much easier to modify than a word or design document.

Visio review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great for Flowcharts"

What do you like best?

The capability to align shapes and text easily makes creating charts a simple task. I've watched a lot of coworkers struggle through creating basic flow charts in excel and it's a no-brainer for me to use Visio for that purpose.

What do you dislike?

Integration with other MS programs. I like that you can work within word or excel instead of having to go back to Visio, but I wish it were linked.Now when I make changes to flowcharts, I have to go back into the original file. If i were to pull it up in Word, it has difficulty zooming in and out of the screen. The connectors can also give a headache as they like to jump around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I wouldn't install it on everyone's computer in the organization. It would be nice to have a common shared computer that could use the license as needed, because it's not a software I use every day or that every organization member needs.

I've been making troubleshooting charts for training documents, and this makes it fairly easy to just drop them in instead of messing with a chart in MS Word.

Visio review by Adam T.
Adam T.

"Visio is helpful for visual diagrams"

What do you like best?

Visio provides the capability to display your thoughts and vision in diagrams. It also has predefined icons one can use to show the items you rare trying to portray, such as computer networks, room layouts, etc. the pro version has additional capabilities such as programming auto created diagrams.

What do you dislike?

Like anything it does take time to learn the program. It’s ins and outs and how to most effectively use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a usefu l tool i would recommend training for th more advanced features such as connecting speadsheets to Visio drawing to automagically generate them.

I us it to show connectivity of parts as well as items contained in those parts. I have also used it for flow diagrams, network layouts and decision trees.

Visio review by Pradeep  G.
Pradeep G.

"Best application for drawing network diagrams"

What do you like best?

Visio already have a lots of predefined images that we use for drawing the flow chats and network diagrams. Using the predefined shape and the connectors in the visio, the diagrams becomes so standard and anyone who know visio can understand the diagrams very easy.

What do you dislike?

Its takes some time to make use of visio effective exspecally with complex network diagrams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To make the network diagrams and flow charts more professional and easy to understand, Visio is the best application to to use.

At work we need to deal with lots of network diagrams on day to day basis. Using visio, we have the network diagrams so professional and can change the images when there is a change in network connections.

"Visio Review"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Visio is that it's easy to use and there are a lot of options I could choose from. Clean design and efficient to use. I was able to make an organization chart that is beautiful, clean, and easy to read. Everything aligns to the correct place and the colors match up well.

What do you dislike?

When I first started using it, it took awhile to get the hang of it, but given some time, I could figure out it out. Might be good to have a new user orientation to teach new users how to use the program. Perhaps a better new user interface that is fun and quick might be useful for new users like me and others as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great program for design. Beautiful and clean visuals.

Created visuals for business organization charts. It benefits the company since it allows us to create visually appealing charts that are easy to read and user friendly.

Visio review by Hubert W.
Hubert W.

"Visio is an essential must-have in network planning and documentation"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Visio as it pertains to my function is that it allows me to map out networks both physically and logically. It mitigates any risk of misunderstanding and confusion as it enhances my ability to communicate with others.

What do you dislike?

Out of the box, I still need to download a large number of templates and objects as Visio's included package is somewhat barebones. However, these stencils are generally free and many manufacturers provide their own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visio can be daunting at first and with time becomes easier to use. A nice feature is the ability to export JPEG format for those who do not have Visio installed and this is something to be aware of when sharing files. It is also a good idea to optimize the drawings on occasion. Much like PowerPoint, Visio diagrams can grow in size and becomes difficult to manage (that is, email).

Also, make use of the multiple tabs Visio offers as well. Rather than trying to cram all the information in just one tab, break it out into many, such as per floor or per zone (production, DMZ, pre-prod).

One of the biggest issues for many network engineers is fully understanding their environment. Working with Visio, I am able to build out network maps and increase my understanding of the environment we operate. This allows not just myself but team members to respond quicker to problems as they can reference these documents in order to troubleshoot issues in the business.

Visio review by Robbie S.
Robbie S.

"Useful Mind Mapping Software"

What do you like best?

I loved the wide array of prebuilt graphics for use with mind mapping and creating diagrams. There was never a time I couldn't find an icon suitable for the subject and the ability to edit the objects made the software very useful when mapping out sites and decision trees.

What do you dislike?

The app often did not behave as I expected it to. For instance, when linking two or more objects together via an arrow the arrow rarely, if ever, stuck to the objects. While seemingly not a big deal, any time I would edit my document and move objects, the arrow would not be linked to the objects it was connecting and I would waste valuable time redrawing arrows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful, but has it's limitations.

Mapping out websites and decision trees is much easier in Visio. I used to use PowerPoint due to it's similar functionality regrading built in, ready to use graphics but was always limited as that is not PP's primary use. Visio is built purely for mind mapping and made my life easier in that respect.

Visio review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Visio for all your charting needs"

What do you like best?

Visio is an easy to use graphing application. I use it all the time to lay out everything from simple workflow diagrams to the layouts of my data center to navigation design of web sites. Add import/export capabilities and integration with SharePoint and you have a tool that meets lots of needs.

What do you dislike?

Visio got rid of the ability to build ERD documents by reverse engineering databases...or at least didn't make it easy to find. Because of that, I still keep a copy of Visio 2010 on my desktop to be able to reverse engineer my databases.

Anything I need to put into a chart or workflow usually starts in Visio. I can use pre-created templates to start the process and then add to them on the fly.

Visio review by Winifred U.
Winifred U.

"Aids my communication."

What do you like best?

Visio has got an intuitive and easy to understand user interface. When using Visio,I practically get spoilt for choice at the sheer amount of template available for me to choose from.Has a very similar concept to Microsoft PowerPoint and thus when I first started using this tool,I had a very short learning curve with it.

What do you dislike?

I am unable to send my diagrams created in Visio standard format to project partners,because it isn't commonly used : thus I always have to convert my files to .PDF before sending.

Visio enable me create maps which simplify complex technical information and share them with my team. It is beneficial because my team members overtime understand me better when I communicate with the aid of diagrams,as against mere theoretical communications.

Visio review by Quan H.
Quan H.

"Review for Visio"

What do you like best?

I like the customization options. How I am able to use different colors and designs for each of my drawings with allows a little creativity for each drawing that you are creating.

What do you dislike?

This program is not very user friendly and if you have not been introduced to it before can be quite hard to navigate without the help of Google and YouTube. Creating a document from scratch can be quite cumbersome and frustrating with adding the connectors. I guess with a little experience it would be easier to use however it is one of my least favorite in the Microsoft Sweep. Maybe providing two options, one that will walk you through how to use and one for experienced users would be helpful

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some features are not very easy to use but with the help of YouTube it can be easier.

Once the document is created it has a very clean, modern look that is appealing. Great to include in PPT presentations and we create Visio drawings that we provide for the clients to use as resource

Visio review by Vittorio C.
Vittorio C.

"Industry Standard for process mapping"

What do you like best?

Visio has been around for so long that its the standard software thats used when you need to simply flow chart or map processes. I love the integration to the rest of the Office suite obviously because the workflow goes seamlessly back and forth when combining tools for ease of use in making presentations for others.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike really about the software because it flows right along with the Office suite of products and is very intuitive to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

recommended use with the rest of the Microsoft Office suite. Using cloud based Office makes access to your files even easier and therefore offering full flexibility to work from anywhere when necessary.

Process Mapping for workflows and internal processes in operational support

Product Controls mapping of features in electronics projects

Org charting for HR use and future planning in HR

Visio review by Allison D.
Allison D.

"Visio Review"

What do you like best?

I like that Visio had a clear and concise way of diagramming. It is great for when you need a presentation, chart, flowchart etc. It had symbols and images you can already use, which is great for me!

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to maneuver at some times, and finding the right tools. I hope they improve the mobile mockup functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a tour and trial video to help with the function. Play around with certain feature before you jump into a project.

Helps with charts and endless presentations. Easy to put together and upload to wherever you need.

Visio review by User

"Way more flexible than Excel for Flow Charts!!"

What do you like best?

Drawing flow charts is very handy with MS Visio; I really like how you can grow your flow charts very quickly and the arrows do snap to the flow chart blocks. Its features of adapting to your needs as project demands grow are intuitive such that arrows do snap to corners or middle of sides/edges/etc

What do you dislike?

Latest version I'm using at work is 2010, and I'm hoping to use 2016 version as soon as possible. The older version isn't so bad but when I use MS office products released in 2016 I compare the 2010 version and find a drastic difference in finding features and options.

The software allows me to present to executives and my clients clear view of process flows in our organization, given the great number of teams that handle orders from beginning to end (from business office through to network folks then cascading down to field services and then day 2 team). Using visio allows me to uilize its flow-chart features to give quick overviews of our organization when need be

Visio review by User

"Ideal para hacer diagramas de flujo"

What do you like best?

Este programa tiene la misma estructura que el resto de programas de office, por lo que es muy amigable su entorno y su forma de utilizarlo, además de ser compatible y poder insertar como archivo dentro de un documento de word lo que crees en este programa. Fácil de iniciarse y con muchas opciones para decubrir

What do you dislike?

En la versión que utilizaba no siempre era fácil dejar el diagrama con las líneas rectas y al sacarlo quedaban un poco raros.

Recommendations to others considering the product

En el caso de tener que realizar diagramas, este programa permite generarlos muy ordenados y fácilmente modificables con sencillez en la publicación en otras herramientas office. Para organigramas también lo he utilizado en el pasado, con unos resultados geniales. Existen multitud de funciones para personalizar los diagramas y dejarlos totalmente diferentes unos de otros, según las necesidades que tengas.

Muy recomendable para iniciarse, ya que al ser similar que otros, no hay problemas en apender a usarlo y conseguir un buen nivel con poco tiempo utilizandolo.

Con este programa creas unos diagramas muy interesantes, incluso puedes generar organigramas con unos resultados muy vistosos y organizados, aí como integrarlos en otras herramientas de office y muy sencillos de modificar.

Visio review by James H.
James H.

"Makes drawing diagrams and schematics a breeze"

What do you like best?

There are so many characters, fonts, lines, diagrams, and the ability to upload your own characters or pictures to use in the file. It is also so simple to correct mistakes. And like all Microsoft products, Visio works across OneDrive and can be edited my multiple people.

What do you dislike?

The learning curve is quite large for this product, but for what it does, you have to expect to take some time to get used to the program's ins and outs. But after you figure it out, creating schematics or diagrams is so simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although beginning to use the program may seem daunting, it is well worth spending the time to get use to Visio. It will save you time and money over the years and will make documenting intricate wiring possible.

We create communication systems and heavily document every piece of equipment that we install. Visio makes documenting possible. We have used electronics workbench and other similar programs but Visio saves so much time.

Visio review by Dat N.
Dat N.

"One of Microsoft's best products."

What do you like best?

Visio is very easy to use. You can make flow charts, project plans, room layouts, presentations, etc with Visio. The drag and drop functions and connecting lines makes it very easy to lay out the page however you like.

What do you dislike?

You have to be careful when you "group" objects. When you move them around or add new objects within objects, they get mixed up when you're trying to reformat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can use any software like Excel or Words to create your flow charts, but Visio just makes it a lot easier. Sometimes I find it easier to do floor layouts with Visio instead of a drafting software.

Making flow charts with Visio is a huge benefit. You can easily convey your message with a group of people and they can follow your process step by step.

Visio review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

Visio gives the user flexibility and has the potential do so many things. I used it as I worked on a LEAN Six Sigma project. It has everything you need to map complex processes.

What do you dislike?

The potential Visio has to do so many things can also be overwhelming. There is a steep learning curve to figure out how to use it properly. it appears to be simple as dragging and dropping, but I had difficulty get things to line up properly and look the way I wanted. Ultimately, I found that I spent more time playing in the software than I thought the end product would be worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are experienced and familiar with diagramming software and have complex projects, Visio may work well for you. If you are relatively unexperienced or only need something basic, Visio will likely be overwhelming.

I used Visio in a LEAN Six Sigma project to map out procedure and training development processes. It helped provide stakeholders a visual representation of the process. However, at the end of the project, I felt that a simpler flowchart software would have provide the same amount of benefit.

Visio review by Benjamin B.
Benjamin B.

"Overwhelming Number of Features"

What do you like best?

Visio is simply the most feature-packed drawing tool on the market. It can do whatever you need it to do.

What do you dislike?

The price. It is very expensive. Most people will only use 10% of its features, which is why I'd like to see a Visio Lite version come out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think carefully about whether you actually need all of the features it has to offer. If you just need a wireframe tool, there are low cost alternatives. On the other hand, if you need your diagrams to connect to a database and auto-update (which I didn't, but was impressed by the ability), then go for it.

I needed a tool to build wireframes, flowcharts, and infographics. Visio is a great way to help you visualize the thought process.

Visio review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Great tool for business process modeling"

What do you like best?

Ease of use- Visio is very user friendly and is a great alternative to Powerpoint when trying to model out business processes, data flows, business architectures, and interaction models

What do you dislike?

Visio has a few auto-correct/auto-input functions that do not always result in what I had intended. For example, when I try to move some shapes, it ends up changing the entire diagram.

Visio has been very useful for me when I am trying to display business processes to my clients. Often times people document processes verbally and have a hard time understanding them. With visio, you can properly call out each step in a business process. The process flows I have built in Visio have been essential artifacts for my clients

Visio review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Powerful tool to organize your thoughts"

What do you like best?

Visio has helped me organize complex thought diagrams, process, and project initatives with multiple stakeholders / phases / responsibilities / etc. It's a great tool to help break down and visualize aspects of your project. I often times will map out the diagram on paper while organizing data points via excel. Then I use these points as an outline to translate into a Visio diagram. The many different types of shapes and lines also help visualize your project into easily digestible bits. It helps that you can use multiple levels of interepretation within the tool (graphically, chart-wise, etc.) and put them all into a single framework.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the more advanced features, or learning the more advanced features. It seems clunky and very manual at times. I would have liked to see a more natural progression to higher level or complicated features to help the end user navigate their skill level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, don't be intimidated by the tool as it's easy to pick up if you give it a chance.

Visualizing many different aspects of a problem and to be able to put it into a single coherent framework. It has made outlining complicated issues on powerpoint presentations really easy and seamless.

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

Generally speaking, I am a huge fan of Visio - for process diagramming in particular, org charts, and all those other things we do that require boxes and arrows! I would give this a 10/10 review, but quite frankly, I dont have anything to measure it to, or compare to.

What do I like best? I love the drag and drop, the copy/paste, the way it can auto fit your arrows and processes.

I have used it for formal systems diagramming too, but I am not doing those any more.

What do you dislike?

There are a few things I dislike - auto-resizing for 1 page fit just doesn't work quite as well as you'd like. Also, things like moving boxes around doesn't take the process arrow with it, and selecting objects is not a perfect fit for me. I know that the latter are practical, but for myself, they arent the best. So, while it's really good, you still need to spend 'fiddling' time with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a relatively cheap piece of software that is consistent with MS styling. If you know how to navigate Office products, Visio is just as easy to use. I dont know of alternatives - but thats because I am not looking for them - I dont need to find something better when Visio comfortably fits all my needs, and is easy to use. Its just good.

Process diagrams mostly - swim lanes, functional diagrams, org charts. Things of that nature. Or, when I need to add some really nice looking pieces to a presentation or document, Visio is the great! In terms of benefits, I really gain a lot from the professional look that you can easily achieve with it.

Visio review by Ryan P.
Ryan P.

"Visio is a relic"

What do you like best?

Visio has seemingly infinite options for shapes, data-linking, and layout, And if you're required to do any serious, enterprise grade process work (mapping, value stream, design, etc.) Visio is virtually your only choice. Other products feel like toys, comparatively.

What do you dislike?

Visio is one of Microsoft's stodgiest Office Suite products. I'm really interested to see the people in charge of leading this product enforce some judicious editing in the UI. Also, they might take a tip from some of the more common consumer / end-user focused products in the suite and actually try understand how their users want to work.

Fledgling cloud competitors seem hobbled and amateurish by comparison, but in a sense, their comparative lack of legacy baggage and focus on experience puts them light-years ahead of Redmond

in select, critical categories (think MS Project vs. Asana, Trello, or Basecamp).

In short, Visio is a wrecking ball where most people require screwdriver.

We're all about looking at New Product Development process from holistic, end-to-end, and cross-functionally integrated perspectives. We don't respect organizational silos where they stand in opposition to results.

Visio review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Having fun with flow charts"

What do you like best?

Visio is the ONLY good tool I can think of when I want to create a flowchart for showing processes. I am a huge fan of Visio and how organized it keeps everything when it comes to flow charts.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of manual effort required with creating the different types of flow, but overall, as long as the tool is used accurately, Visio is extremely organized and easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have patience, recommend to others, use for flow-chart purposes, family tree, pedigrees, etc.

One huge benefit is that I am able to identify where problems are when I am writing out different process flow charts. We use flow charts in meetings which are local and national to present information to people without them being confused by a process on paper. With Visio we are able to organize everything into a flow chart which is easy to understand for everyone.

Visio review by Grace M.
Grace M.

"VIsio: hard to learn, worth it"

What do you like best?

Visio allows me to make the best, most details maps and flow documents available.

What do you dislike?

Visio has a pretty intense learning curve, and a high rate of frustration. It's tricky to use and you can pretty easily end up with a mess you have to start over to clean up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a lot of patience when using Visio. It's also a good idea to save frequently, so that if you destroy something, you can go back to a previous version, rather than having to do a lot of rework.

Visio allows us to create process document maps as well as maps showing how our product is laid out and flows from one area to another.

Visio review by Mary Anne P.
Mary Anne P.

"Visio is great for making complicated data easy to understand."

What do you like best?

I don't always use Visio for every flow chart, but when you have a long string of flow chart items, this can really help out in the design process and keep you sane.

What do you dislike?

For simple flow charts, the set up takes a bit too much time for me. I'm faster in word or excel for the easy ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do a ton of flow charts, then this is the software for you!

When I need help to simplify a complex problem for a client, I'll use Visio as a tool to make it user-friendly.

Visio review by Emily S.
Emily S.

"Ops Team Essential"

What do you like best?

I design Recruiting processes for a living. I love that Visio makes it easy to clearly document as many steps as we have, and make it clear for our end users.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could change the shape that was already placed, instead of creating a new item. I just have a few nit-picky things like that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start playing in it - you might not know exactly where your process is going, but you can test in Visio. You dont have to fully map out a process before you start documenting.

We are trying to create a world where people can access training anytime, on their own. We want people to be self sufficient, and be able to figure out who to do things as much as possible, to reduce trainer hours. This tool is a step in that direction.

Visio review by Mark Allan K.
Mark Allan K.

"Visio Borders on Greatness "

What do you like best?

I love the clear, easy and WYSIWYG UI and Visio.

What do you dislike?

The limitations of the templates in terms of ease of customization capacity and available templates to choose from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check the templates and if they fit your needs go for it...great program if you can work with the templates available.

I am using Visio to create charts and graphics for my research presentations and it comes close to really fulfilling my needs. Just falls short because of the limitations of template variety and customization.

Visio review by Fernando S.
Fernando S.

"Intuitive and feature rich"

What do you like best?

The extensive set of features and the interface. Maybe I'm used to it since I've been using Visio for the last 10 years, but as an UX/UI designer, the UI really sets the environment for a quick and streamlined workflow. The access to features and tools is fast. Also the reliability and export options really help to work with my team.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a clipart gallery, this would be really helpful to develop quick mockups, for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visio is helping me to solve all kinds of UX and IA problems, mainly:

- User experience flowcharts;

- UX design;

- Website planning mindmaps.

But I find the real benefit for me, is on the creation and evaluation of user journeys, when I design for an application that is both web and mobile (common on my work). I can easily compare both and easily communicate with the development team with the real-time collaboration tools. Mainly Visio has helped me to avoid communication pitfalls on development.

Visio review by Rob B.
Rob B.

"Visio Helps You Put Your Vision Into Reality"

What do you like best?

Visio is a easy to use application that lets you create all sorts of diagrams. When I recently had a client who needed a diagram of her home office, showing all devices and the overall technical setup, Visio was a great tool to do this with. In less that 30 minutes, I was able to make a great looking diagram of her setup. Visio is very easy to use, and has a vast library of symbols and images available. It is very intuitive where an average computer user can open the application and successfully generate great quality diagrams with little or no training.

What do you dislike?

I've found that Visio does not make great JPGs but there is a workaround to get a high-quality resulting image which is to save it as an EMF file, then paste the EMF file into Word (where it looks great), then use Word to create the JPG or PDF.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Microsoft makes it easy to create great diagrams with Visio!

Diagramming the I.T. infrastructure of a home office, Visio makes it easy to accomplish! There are shapes and icons for every element you would need, including pc's, switches, firewalls, printers, and so on.

Visio review by Ross N.
Ross N.

"day to day use"

What do you like best?

easy features and a great little 2D design software. can change anything you want and its great to use. there is a huge database of people sharing templates for thousands of different logs.

What do you dislike?

the connector tool that latches on randomly when you least want it. Ideally this feature would be able to be removable but so far I haven't found it.

I would love for visio in the future to be compatible with google earth sketch up so you could potentially draw your 2D design in visio and then export it in various different planes that you could use in sketch up to easily show bridges/buildings or what ever you are drawing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Visio is a great program and has a higher level of accuracy when it comes to drawings, huge amount of templates that you can use.

not many we use it to make logs and reports. the benefits are that its easy to use and has a wide array of tools and shaping effects that make it more of a limitation of what you cant do.

Visio review by Administrator in Computer Software

"GREAT package for flowcharts, electronic layouts, database documentation and much more."

What do you like best?

Visio is a very easy to use, easy to learn package that includes everything you need to do drawings. I use it to document SQL, document source code, create flow charts and other tasks like that. It comes will all kinds of symbols and tools but if you need more it can install from the web or import your own graphics.

It is an add-on to the Microsoft Office suite so you Visio drawings can be used within Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other programs.

There is even a free viewer available so you can provide the files to someone who may not have Visio and they could still interact with them.

What do you dislike?

Visio is software you have to buy with a price point of around $200. It does come with a license so you can install it at work and at home.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are on a Microsoft setup this is a good addition but it will also work stand alone. Budget is always a consideration and the price point of $200/license can add up. There are other licencing options you can choose from but that whole area is something that should be looked into.

There is a free 30 day trial so you can give it a drive before buying.

I use Visio to document software I design. It's great for documenting code flows and SQL databases. It's also great for documenting network infrastructure design and we have even used it with patent applications for the drawings they require.

Visio review by Joseph J.
Joseph J.

"Visio"

What do you like best?

The best feature about Visio is the flowcharts! Take your plan and map it out, its that simple.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to line everything up could be easier, other than that its great software

Recommendations to others considering the product

TRy it out and see if it meet your needs for getting you ideas across to others so they can visualize them.

Getting the plans thoughts, actions, and processes understood by everyone is made easier when they can visualize the implementation of the plan.

Visio review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Useful for Creating Flow Charts, but is Limited "

What do you like best?

What I like the best about Visio is that it is easy to you. You don't need to read or go through any type of tutorial as it's fairly intuitive. Thus, you can start creating new charts ASAP.

What do you dislike?

The look of the charts is fairly limiting and I would say even outdated. I wish I can create more "cooler" and modern looking charts, but it seems like that's not really possible in Visio unless you manually do everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for creating simple flow charts and org charts. Great if you aren't looking to create anything too complex or fancy in design.

I use Visio to create new process flow charts. The benefit is that it's easy to create a flow chart, which makes my life easier.

Visio review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Visio Review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and how it comes with a lot of images to help you create everything from a simple org chart to a complex networking diagram.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I cannot run it native in the Linux operating environment.

The ability to do network diagrams, flowcharts, and org charts help the business that we are in as we are able to diagram our networks for each casino easily and quickly.

Visio review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"Passable product for process flow work"

What do you like best?

It's good at letting you build a process flow and assign numbers to the processes and link multiple pages/slides together. The many shapes on offer also allow you some variety in describing your processes and if you follow BPMN, you will be well-served to draft your processes.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, the visuals are pretty rudimentary and it's difficult to make aesthetically pleasing process flows. Additionally, it makes "smart" decisions to change the layout of your work, and you will be stuck reorganizing everything if its decisions actually make things worse (which is often the case).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand that you are using a tool that does not upgrade very often, and so you are stuck with the same features that have been around for decades.

I use Visio to build out financial process flows, so that we can capture the changes being made during big software development projects.

Visio review by User in Higher Education

"Great software for a niche area"

What do you like best?

I love how quick and easy it is to put a diagram together. What normally takes me a good few hours is cut down dramatically using this software.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything in particular that I dislike. I find that it's a very niche piece of software that I don't use too frequently but when I do use it, it is invaluable.

I am required to create organograms and company structure diagrams as part of my role. Visio cuts down the time I take to do this by over a half, so I can be getting on with other tasks.

Visio review by Elvis B.
Elvis B.

"Great tool for visualization"

What do you like best?

I like most that you can run the tool with custom shapes and add plugins to it. I allows us to run business specific code. We use data models with are generated in background when creating a model.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it´s hard to get the plugins and shapes syncronized / updated on the same versions. The data models are not changed when you hit the back button. The software sometimes crashs. When the automated saving is not proper configured you will loose much of your work.

I am doing process modelling with standard and custom notations. For that i´m using Visio in standard configuration as well as with plugins and custom shaped

Visio review by Salvador F.
Salvador F.

"Love the Org Chart Wizard"

What do you like best?

I am tasked with creating my company’s organizational chart, and Visio makes it incredibly easy to do. My favorite feature is the ability to import employee data and reporting structures from a spreadsheet.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to create a seamless look and format across all pages of the drawing. I sometimes find myself having to manually adjust formatting on each page. M

Creating org charts. It has seriously alleviated hours of extra work.

"Powerful tool"

What do you like best?

I use this to make flowcharts and org charts. It is simple to use and makes it easy to export into other Microsoft products. I love the embedded feature into word, so that I am not needing to update multiple documents, but rather one.

What do you dislike?

I wish some of the auto functions performed better, I find I need to sometimes adjust lines or links, because it has put it in a weird position.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this, it is a powerful tool that has a lot of advanced features.

Organizational charts for governance and work flows for establishing procedures and processes.

Visio review by Vish C.
Vish C.

"The perfect business process mapping tool .. almost "

What do you like best?

Intelligent software, rearranges other entities based on one block movement, etc.

What do you dislike?

Some actions that are easier to do in other tools such as gliffy and draw.io like changing the shape of a process or drawing connectors take longer to do in Visio

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best process visualization software you can get albeit a little pricey if you don't know where to look

Process modeling

Data modeling

Cause and effect diagrams

Organization charts

Wireframes

Visio review by Christopher E.
Christopher E.

"MS Visio"

What do you like best?

The output is the cleanest I've seen for any product. It may be my personal preference, but I like the soft "adobe-esque" lines and fonts.

What do you dislike?

Since it is basically an add-on to the Microsoft product line, the interface feels odd if you are used to MS Office. Also, it is not included in the MS subscriptions like O365. It is rather expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with an open mind.

Creating graphics for proposals.

User in Government Administration

"Visio used for Organizational Charts"

What do you like best?

I have used Visio for the preparation and management of department organizational charts. It has proven to be a much needed tool for mapping of positions and reporting units within our organization.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes very difficult to navigate in Visio. I have found it hard at times to get the lines properly connected or even type inside of one of the boxes that has been created. I have had to delete and start over on more than one occasion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend the Visio for anyone who would like to map out the positions within an organization. It is a very good tool that organizes its information in an easy to read format and is presentable throughout the department. I have run into a few glitches along the way, but the overall product is worth it.

I use Visio for the mapping of all positions within our organization. We have several areas within the department and organize the chart based on areas and the employees within that area. It has been quite instrumental in the management of our number of employees and what areas they are working in.

Visio review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"The Power of Visio"

What do you like best?

Visio is easy to use and very helpful in conceptualizing plans architectures, User Interfaces and so much more. It is efficient, has many options and has been around for a long time and been tried and tested.

What do you dislike?

Some of the older features thyat existed before Microsoft acquired were quite helpful like their site crawling and mapping feature in the pro version . I miss having some of these features,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only recommendation I can make is if you buy it make sure you use it as it can take some time but save so much more in the end

I typically am able to better convey the flow and how I see an application coming together using Visio over just writing Scrum stories. I am able to get the important points across and help the developer see what I envision the product to look like,

Visio review by Cassandra M.
Cassandra M.

"Need an Org Chart? Consider Visio! "

What do you like best?

My company uses Visio to create and edit our Org Charts. It's a unique use for the versatile product, but the result it great. Creates clean lines, uniform boxes and very easy to read/understand.

What do you dislike?

Although Visio allows the user a lot of leniency, you need to have a pretty detailed eye. Sometimes it's easy to have different size boxes, lines, flow charts, etc and there is no indication one size does not match the other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Remember, this is a very versatile product and permits many different uses BUT it does not provide any guidance for size and uniformity. Make sure you have time and patience when creating flow charts.

We are using Visio to create the company wide organization chart and occasionally use the product for client software flow charts.

Visio review by User in Machinery
User in Machinery

"Useful for a select few tasks"

What do you like best?

Extremely useful and efficient at creating flow charts and diagrams. Using other Office programs for those tasks is time consuming and inefficient.

What do you dislike?

The process of adding and connecting the lines to boxes can be confusing because there are different types of lines. I also wish it was easier to cross lines over each other and have them no interesect. It takes a little bit of extra work to fix each overlap.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it needs to make huge improvements to continue to be a useful standalone Office product.

Use it for creating electrical sub system diagrams which helps organize components before creating detailed schematics.

Visio review by Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.

"Efficient"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use! Provides diagrams and bubbles that you can create and put anywhere on the sheet. It does not limit where you place them for design. It's super helpful when creating flow charts and processes.

What do you dislike?

I do not think I have a dislike option at the moment, I really enjoy working with Visio.

Helps add organization to procedures and processes. Use it as a guide for new employees.

Visio review by Ryan G.
Ryan G.

"Visio when Paint can't d the job---best workflow design out there"

What do you like best?

I used this program to bring up 3 different areas in our hospital for EMR transitions--and have continued to use it since. Feature rich, easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit on the expensive side for what it does and I wish it had more collaboration features.

EMR workflows, staff workflows (hospital and clinic based), brainstorming, organizational hierarchy.

Visio review by User in Government Relations
User in Government Relations

"Visio"

What do you like best?

Visio allows me in my marketing position to credit simple and complex organizational charts, flow diagrams, and charts. In the world of proposals, we need to be able to draw up from scratch visual elements to portray our proposed staff or just give an overview of our capabilities and company structure. Visio is easy, intuitive, and very customizable. It is our go to!

What do you dislike?

As much as it being an asset, it also has limitations in terms of visual graphics and being able to create fancy and artistic offerings.

It’s a go to for charts, org charts, diagrams, and schedules

Visio review by User in Defense & Space
User in Defense & Space

"Great tool for making flow charts and block diagrams"

What do you like best?

The reason why I think Visio is a great tool for making flow charts is that is makes it very clear and precise. Using Visio, I am able to create very elegant flow charts that clearly explain the flow of activities. It has also been very helpful to me to make block diagrams. Other programs lack the capabilities that Visio has to offer.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything, but would prefer more capabilities using a mac rather than logging onto parallels. Sometimes it is not very convenient to log into parallels in order to complete a file since it takes up time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do not have any recommendations.

I use this program to make the flow charts I use to make presentations to explain the flow of activities that will be performed in my element. I also use this program to make diagrams of the way the activities are organized and how they come together.

Visio review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Visio - great tool for flowcharts"

What do you like best?

I liked the user interface as it is very intuitive and tools/features are where you expect them to be. There are plenty of flowchart shapes and objects which can be used for the flowchart design. The program doesn't hog up computer resources. The tools presented are powerful and easy to use without much training required

What do you dislike?

The only thing that would hold back the software is the price. I know it's part of the Office suite but if there could be a standalone product without Office at a reasonable price, then this would be perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Visio as it is also part of the Microsoft office suite of products. You can easily get the yearly subscription which would pay for itself easily. It's simple to use, effective, streamlined and intuitive.

We have to develop flowcharts many times. We need to create flowcharts for software validations, manufacturing process flows, project decisions, and computer programming. It allows us to see the overall flow of a project and see if there will be any issues encountered in the future.

Visio review by User

"Visio is an easy to use multipurpose vector based diagramming tool"

What do you like best?

Simple to use drawing interface; it feels familiar to drawing in word but with way more customization and features.

What do you dislike?

The connector tool is extremely clunky to work with when trying to draw connections between two blocks. It will try to auto snap with weird twists and turns, and it makes it hard to draw the connection path exactly the way you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to a more featured tool to create quick and easy diagrams beyond what you can do in word/powerpoint, visio is the tool for you.

I use Visio to create hardware architecture diagrams for both HDL and board-level hardware.

Visio review by Khalid R.
Khalid R.

"Visio for drawing"

What do you like best?

I think visio is a flexible software in terms of drawing different shapes. I particularly use visio for drawing pictures in journals. It gives enough flexibility to draw two dimensional figures depicted in mind. The colors and borders of the figures have enough variety for my work.

What do you dislike?

The thing that I don't like about visio is that it takes a lot of time to draw the pictures. and the borders sometimes create problem while connecting the dots. The misrepresent the figure . the arrows also some times dont enable to connect properly

As I am a researcher I publish papers of my scientific work. Hence I need quality pictures to describe my system and process. Visio enables me to draw quality pictures.

Visio review by Jose P.
Jose P.

"Flexible and powerful"

What do you like best?

Possibilities to generate drawings and diagrams for many different applications (engineering, electrical, IT,...)

What do you dislike?

Latest changes make difficult to use as it changed command layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Flexible, powerful and compatible. Uses many different output formats

Any type of diagram, Flow, Process diagrams, … Fast diagram generation, and a lot of possibilities by using templates and models incorporated.

Visio review by Trang P.
Trang P.

"Visio best product for flowchart and design in office"

What do you like best?

Drawing the flowchart and design the office layout, make a calender.. It is very helpfull and easy to use, can attached the picture.

What do you dislike?

The icon 3D is limit, must to connect and download online. I hope that microsoft can intergrate more icon 3D in offline.

Drawing the flowchart is very easy, it can public and share to my colleague faster.

it is professional software, install is very easy. Finally, all of fuctions in one software. I love it.

Visio review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"Visio : P&IDs"

What do you like best?

Interacts well with other Microsoft products such as Word and Outlook. Very easily portable and version control is easy.

I am starting to use the co-author feature and I like it.

I have also heard that there is ways to integrate Excel with Outlook and I am looking to see if there are any examples/manuals that can help me get trained soon.

What do you dislike?

Mouse functionality not as versatile as in AutoCad or Pro-E. AutoCAD is still my primary go to place for quick drawings.

The tools are very cluttery and not well organised in like other professional drawing tools.

I woiuld draw some inspiration from other professional drawing tools.

Also the drawings are not portable to AutocCAD /ProE/Solidworks. That would be a great help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Integration with AutoCad.

- Templates for industry standards.

- Easier mouse navigation.

- Online editability and integration with Office 365

Quick P&ID drawings, network drawings and representations to show clients.

Benefits

- Quick to draw

- Intuitive

- Portable

Visio review by Stephen P.
Stephen P.

"Good tool for making diagrams of any kind, but a little pricey"

What do you like best?

You can make diagrams from the simple to the very complicated, satisfying a wide variety of users and audiences. In addition to coming with many unrelated templates & shapes built in to create diagrams for anything from business process to network architecture to office floor plans, it's easy to find & drop in third-party elements.

What do you dislike?

I was surprised by the relatively high price tag that my business unit is charged per user, despite some discounting from Microsoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try some of the sexy-simple cloud-based alternatives, and see which better fits your user needs and in your tool ecosystem

Whenever I need a non-trivial diagram to help communicate in any type of document or presentation -- a project timeline, a software architecture design -- Visio is the first place I go.

Visio review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Excellent experience in the design of a diagram and informs."

What do you like best?

The versatility to create a diagram of a productive process, and the tools that it provide to the user.

What do you dislike?

The condition of the license it requires that the software has to be installed with a code or the sign in with a microsoft account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is the perfect software to make process and tasks.

It provide to us the versatility to create forms, diagrams, for the construction of a productive process or informs and binnacles.