Vision Critical

Vision Critical's cloud-based customer intelligence platform helps companies build engaged communities of customers for ongoing, real-time feedback and insight.

Work for Vision Critical?

Learning about Vision Critical?

Vision Critical Reviews

Ask Vision Critical a Question
Showing 24 Vision Critical reviews
Vision Critical review by <span>Craig T.</span>
Craig T.

"Vision Critical Insight Community"

What do you like best?

We are new members to the Vision Critical family having launched our community in July 2017. In five short months we have used the platform to gather quick feedback on everything from product concept testing to couponing strategy. The platform is always being improved and the customer support teams are second to none!

What do you dislike?

We have found that managing three separate communities as we had at launch can be quite time-consuming. Before establishing a community, I would recommend planning on having a community manager in place who can be dedicated to community management for at least 50% of his or her work hours. As your stakeholders see the value of the community insights to help inform day to day business decisions, the workload will quickly grow.

We love the fact that we can have short, medium, or long conversations with our members and because of the relationship memory of the platform we do not have to ask the same redundant demographic questions over and over again. We have been able to gather insights about potential products as well as analyzing how new products are being received in the marketplace. We have also used the community to keep a pulse on how our customers interact and feel about our brand.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vision Critical
Vision Critical review by <span>Sarah K.</span>
Sarah K.

"Great product and excellent customer service"

What do you like best?

We have had an insights community with Vision Critical for close to 2 years and it has been a terrific experience. Our insights community gives us a direct line to our consumers and allows us to tap into our consumer base to gain insights on any number of topics which has proven to be invaluable. What really sets Vision Critical apart for me is their commitment to customer service. Vision Critical provides us with a dedicated Customer Success Manager who works hard to make sure our community runs smoothly and is always available to handle any issues or questions that arise.

What do you dislike?

Previous iterations of the software were somewhat limited but with the recent move to Sparq3, Vision Critical has proven that they are continuingly working to improve the customer experience by introducing new advances and software capabilities. They are also very open to and welcome customer feedback and suggestions for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Vision Critical without hesitation to anyone considering an insights community.

We rely heavily on our members for valuable input which helps shape both our day-to-day business decisions and our long-term business strategies. At Jamieson, one of our corporate values is external focus, meaning that we put the needs of our customers and consumers at the forefront. By having a direct link to our consumers through our insights community, we are able to tailor our product offerings and programs to best meet their needs.

What Enterprise Feedback Management solution do you use?

Vision Critical review by <span>Rachel M.</span>
Rachel M.

"Vision Critical Makes a Huge Impact on Our Business"

What do you like best?

Vision Critical provides us with a well-managed customer insight platform that has a huge impact on many of our business decisions, but that's only the beginning of what I like best about them. Their staff is friendly, responsive, and truly part of our team. They openly ask for customer input and feedback and are continuously working to improve and enhance the services and products they provide - all which help my team do our jobs better.

What do you dislike?

Recently, a new update to the platform was made, which has been great for the most part. However, there were a few features from the old platform that I miss. The development team is very open to feedback though, so many of these features are being worked into the new platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Vision Critical - I'm not sure of any other company that provides the service they do to the extent that they do, and the customer service can't be beaten.

Vision Critical has helped us bring the voice of the customer into our business decisions - both for product development and marketing activities - and thus helping us improve our customer experience. We get feedback from our active customers that helps guide these decisions, and it has proved to be an exteremly valuable tool for us.

Vision Critical review by Administrator

"Really expensive, has some cool features, overhyped "

What do you like best?

It's nice to have support from the customer success manager and have them help give generic guidelines and best practices. The UI is clean - but almost too clean, it's hard to know where things are at. They have meetups where you meet others from diff companies that are using Vision Critical, so that's nice.

What do you dislike?

Way too many bugs that take WEEKS to resolve. Lack of clear communication from the company higher ups that decide what's next. They boast having a flexible platform with a variety of activities to fit your needs - however they really only have 2 options: surveys and forums, both of which are subpar compared to other company's tools ie Qualtrics, Lithium. Really for all of the "bells and whistles" they boast, it seems like the software should be much, much cheaper based on how many bugs and the lack of actual features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if they fix all of their bugs then yes. Well they recently acquired and merged with Pressly, so those hubs are actualy really nice. the only issue is that their support teams are separate and there are issues integrating with them both. If you get a really good crm, then it's possible to have a really successful community experience.

Engaging product users who want to participate in product development. This research community connects these product and design teams with actual users, while at the same time keeping them engaged through continuous interaction over a longer period of time. The benefits are getting insights you need from the exact user profile and seeing them evolve over a longer period of time, and building relationships with customers.

Vision Critical review by <span>Lesley H.</span>
Lesley H.

"Humble, Helpful, Innovative"

What do you like best?

I appreciate Vision Critical's willingness to be humble and continually welcome feedback on their products. They are also very collaborative with connecting their members to each other to share best practices.

What do you dislike?

The question types, or the ability to format text is a big pain point for me. However, Vision Critical is innovatively exploring ways to improve this, they recognize it, and I think we'll see a lot of change w/ this in 2018.

We recognize that guessing or assuming what the consumer thinks is not only bad business practice, but a disservice to our customers. The ability to analyze profile variables with the survey responses makes the information we get from our Vision Critical's community way more actionable and valuable than a typical survey technology.

Vision Critical review by <span>Mike T.</span>
Mike T.

"Above and Beyond, couldn't be happier!"

What do you like best?

They really care about us, the customer. They really get it, most vendors/partners only care about themselves, but that's not Vision Critical at all. What other company year after year consistently treats you the same as when you first contacted them about possibly doing business together. They have the industry's best product and they provide the best service, what else can you ask for.

What do you dislike?

It's because of Vision Critical that customer expectations keep growing. As more companies use the VC product, more customers' voices are being heard, which in turn creates a more exceptional customer experience. As this occurs more and more, customer expectations continue to grow which makes my job much harder!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't believe me, reach out to Vision Critical and get references. You could ask for 100 and you still won't get an unsatisfied customer. They really know what they are doing and they really know how to treat each of their customers. Choosing VC will be the easiest decision you will make.

We use the VC platform to obtain real-time feedback for all marketing, advertising and product questions. You would think a utility in a regulated state would care less about what the customer thinks, but we deal with the same expectations as a Starbucks customer or an Amazon customer. They want their experience to be fast, easy and painless. Being able to obtain the voice of the customer in less than 24 hours and then making a bold strategic decision becomes less of a risk for us.

Vision Critical review by <span>Lindsey C.</span>
Lindsey C.

"Great partner for our insights communities!"

What do you like best?

The robustness of the survey tool is top of the line. In terms of community providers, Vision Critical has the best survey capabilities out there. I love their Quick Reports feature which provides nicely formatted data that I can quickly share with my team.

They are forward thinking. Vision Critical is always reaching out to me for feedback on their tool and I've even been able to participate in some usability studies for new features. I know they are constantly looking for ways to improve and add features to sparq.

The people are great. Vision Critical has a clear set of best practices for their tool and every Customer Success Manager I've worked with has helped me to follow these best practices and has even provided new ideas that boost the engagement of our members. I can always trust them that they want to and are doing the right thing for my insights communities.

What do you dislike?

The portal page. I wish that the member login felt more like a full website experience or like a social media site. I understand that this is not as important for clients who use their insights community more like a panel.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have nine years of experience using online communities. In that time, I've seen many companies get into online communities by going with a self-service model. Not many insight community providers in the space have both a full-service and self-service model. Vision Critical is great in that they are able to tailor their service to your needs as you grow. When we started, we were using a completely self-service type of model and now we are considering moving to a full-service model.

I'm in awe of how much research we have conducted in the last year that we would simply have not done if we didn't have our communities. We've gained a lot of insight into our customers and our senior leaders are making our insight communities as part of their strategic planning.

Vision Critical review by <span>Daniel H.</span>
Daniel H.

"Vision Critical is a Great Research Partner"

What do you like best?

The level of customer support in terms of response speed and helpful details is tremendous. Vision Critical staff are eager to consult on our surveys to make sure we are getting the most out of their products. Many of the reporting features are simple to use and provide data in an actionable format. In addition, the VC Discussions feature is beneficial to connect directly with consumers.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more advanced programming within the software is relatively complex and difficult to code. Vision Critical's support staff is always there to assist but there could be improvements to the programming structure in terms of intuition and ease of use.

We have realized numerous company benefits related to departments such as Sales and Marketing. On the Sales side, findings from our partnership with Vision Critical have directly contributed to multiple deals as research studies are included at particular levels of commitments. Studies have also allowed us to evaluate marketing and promotional content to ensure we are conveying the appropriate messages to our consumers.

Vision Critical review by <span>Andrea B.</span>
Andrea B.

"Incredible, quick and insightful results"

What do you like best?

I love the speed at which I can get results and see how our community is responding to the surveys even before they are closed.

What do you dislike?

Because I'm in health care, the upgraded application is taking a little longer to switch, but rest assured it will happen soon and I'll have the latest build capabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use your account manager. Ours, Brittany, is excellent and very responsive.

We are primarily using our community to test marketing campaign messages, however we have asked our panelists how they utilize health care services, naming new services and other surveys. The benefits of our online community is two-fold; we do not have to gather and plan for in-person focus groups which takes a couple months to plan and then the speed to which our community responds and the value of their insight has helped our marketing team focus messages in terms that truly resonate with our patients/consumers.

Vision Critical review by <span>Cleo P.</span>
Cleo P.

"Affordable Panel Software with great features"

What do you like best?

Good assortment of question types, pre-programmed templates for testing alternatives, allows flexibility in survey design and sampling. Friendly and accessible account team, responsive chat support available throughout the work day and into the evening. For the price of one custom study, I have a panel that I can survey as much as I like.

What do you dislike?

Written documentation can be difficult to navigate and confusing. While I rarely use a standard report from any analysis tool, VC exports tables in a way that makes it difficult (inserts extra stepts) to convert them into Excel charts. Would love to see that made easier, I know their "Next Gen" report makes the reports look nicer and survey software gets easier, but I'd still like more input about report types and optimizing a version to export to Excel/PowerPoint before they go crazy making something I'll rarely use look better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To be honest this was the first panel vendor we looked at, and we liked what we saw so much we signed up. We started at the lowest subscription level and it has been adequate for our needs, the people who have run projects through it love it, and really love how quickly we can get results.

We have used the panel to better understand our customers, they have helped us develop a new brand promise, understand how important different parts of our store are, helped us evaluate new and potential products and more. The organization has become more data-focused and looks to test ideas rather than have the senior team argue about who has the best idea.

Vision Critical review by <span>Sam T.</span>
Sam T.

"Insights Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Vision Critical is that their software allows for extremely quick turnaround. Sometimes, working with a 3rd party to conduct ad-hoc research can be costly and time consuming. This is not the case with Vision Critical. Their Sparq software (and recently-introduced Sparq Next Gen), gives me the ability to have full ownership of designing a study as simple or as in-depth as I'd like without having to worry about cost.

As a client, their customer relationship management is second to none. Their team is proactive, and any issues I've had are always addressed and resolved promptly - even during non-business hours.

What do you dislike?

As a beta tester of their new Sparq Next Gen software, the only drawbacks are that a few features that were once available in Sparq are no longer available in Sparq Next Gen, such as built in tests for statistical significance and some filtering options when reporting; that being said, Vision Critical has been steadily introducing more features to Sparq Next Gen, so I am confident that these specific ones will eventually return.

Recommendations to others considering the product

An excellent choice for conducting custom research on the fly!

Vision Critical gives us the ability to supplement some of the larger-scale longitudinal research we conduct. If a question or issue arises about a specific topic, we can then turn to our insight community to get some in-depth, actionable insights that might be missed on a traditional brand perception or customer experience survey.

Vision Critical review by <span>Whitney W.</span>
Whitney W.

"Vision Critical is a wonderful company to partner with for Consumer Insights"

What do you like best?

Everything! The customer service is top of the line. We have worked with Vision Critical for over 5 years and everyone I have come in contact with is very nice and extremely knowledgeable. They really put their customers first and go above and beyond to keep you satisfied.

The software is also great! It is very intuitive and easy to learn. It is visually appealing and really makes a difference with our consumers. They are also continuously innovating and making improvements that keep them at the top of the industry. We love the survey design software as well as the reporting capabilities. You can do everything you need to do with the data right in the Vision Critical software.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have any dislikes. They have always been quick to correct any issues, even ones that we caused to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I very strongly recommend Vision Critical! They are wonderful to work with and are at the cutting edge of the industry. No one does it better!

We use Vision Critical for our Customer Intelligence community. The community allows us to establish an ongoing relationship with our viewers and gain insight from them on a regular basis. We test new and current programs as well as test marketing plans. We have been able to gain a level of insight that was previously not realistic financially. We have been more innovative and successful as a company because of the information we have collected through Vision Critical's platforms. We have been able to conduct longitudinal studies as well as immediate feedback on projects with tight deadlines.

We couldn't ask for a better vendor than Vision Critical!

Vision Critical review by <span>Rebecca A.</span>
Rebecca A.

"Invaluable tool for our company"

What do you like best?

The ability to provide quick turn around with customer insights related to various functional areas within our company. Vision Critical's customer support has been exceptional and our account manager has been very helpful. I find the SPARQ software pretty easy to use (especially if you have any experience with online research tools).

What do you dislike?

Really the only thing I am disappointed in is the length of time it takes to award incentives. Some of our customers have been concerned that it is a scam because it has actually take up to 6 weeks to receive the incentive. Additionally I don't find the automated output visually appealing and end up having to reproduce many of the charts in EXCEL. SPARQ Next Generation is a little better but still is a bit lacking in my opinion.

We have had a number of business situations that our online community has helped us refine including advertising recall and website redesign.

Vision Critical review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Excellent service & community management"

What do you like best?

The Vision Critical team supports our community as if it were their own customers. The platform is built to be an extension of our brand and a collaborative way for our customers to engage and give us their feedback.

What do you dislike?

The platform is undergoing some major upgrades now. The earlier platform has some usability issues. Hoping Sparq3 is more intuitive and faster to use.

Our VC community allows us to connect with our customers and get feedback quickly and easily. With our community we can continually learn from and bring the voice of our customer into our business decisions.

Vision Critical review by <span>Celia T.</span>
Celia T.

"Look no further - Vision Critical is an execeptional partner in building your customer intelligence"

What do you like best?

The Vision Critical team made our investment in their platform seamless from the get-go. From the business development folks, to my day-to-day account team, the programming trainers, to the 24 hour client support helpdesk, you have invested individuals who want to make sure you get the most of out your insight community. I have little to no resources internally and a great technology on its own could not have delivered the return that I am experiencing. Next, the Vision Critical platform is best-in-class, so versatile and scalable plus they are continually innovating. A few months into a one year pilot, we were already getting excited about expanding our reach we hope to do in the near term.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could audit the training sessions again. In the early days, it was all hypothetical but know that I am more familiar with the platform and launching studies, I would love to go back to some of the training fundamentals. Even as I type this, I am thinking if I asked for this I bet Vision Critical would facilitate it.

Evaluating creative concepts (copy/visual), brand positioning, advertising, promotion effectiveness, priority of new product innovations, category usage and attitudes

Vision Critical review by <span>Eliza J.</span>
Eliza J.

"Top of top of the line when it comes to consumer insights"

What do you like best?

Flexible platform; fantastic client management; creative solutions

What do you dislike?

Sometimes product upgrades can take a while

Our insider community allows PBS to make key decisions, specifically focused on marketing and content (i.e., what types of shows work with our audience and on what nights; what types of storylines work and what don’t, do viewers like specific titles for a proposed show?). The key question for our marketing department is: what marketing messages and designs are most likely to drive viewing?

Vision Critical review by Administrator in Sports
Administrator in Sports

"Excellent survey platform"

What do you like best?

SPARQ, Vision Critical's survey and analysis software, allows you to design complex surveys without sacrificing its easy-to-use interface. Whether you're a novice or an expert in the market research space, Vision Critical's software and design features are best in class.

Vision Critical's Account Management teams are always easy to work with, communicative, and thorough. It's almost like having an outsourced market research department.

What do you dislike?

The system and services are not inexpensive. Ultimately this comes down to resources and how important it is for your organization to receive customer feedback in a manner that is scientific.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you value your customers feedback and you have resources to put against market research, having a panel community is imperative.

Our company is becoming more and more data driven and customer centric. In both circumstances, it's imperative to have a platform that allows you to connect with your consumers. We use VC to as a means to constantly gauge consumer's opinions across a variety of business questions, problems, and solutions.

The design, functionality, and aesthetics for the respondent is top class and has helped us increase our response rates for consumer surveys by 5x.

Vision Critical review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Costly but robust"

What do you like best?

Robust survey and panel management software - new push for R&D.

What do you dislike?

New system still has some bugs and edges to it that need to be smoothed out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great for Canadian researchers given its BC servers. Has historically been very usable and robust, though they just updated to a new system that we’re still learning.

vc’s SPARQ platform allows us to conduct all of our research and surveying needs

Vision Critical review by <span>Jamie L.</span>
Jamie L.

"Vision Critical is a Great Insights Company"

What do you like best?

The greatest part of Vision Critical is that their software allows for quick turnaround as well as customization.

As far as their client service, it’s exceptional. Not only are they reactive but proactive as well. I love knowing that the account team is supportive and very responsive.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about Vision Critical. However, I would like to see more updates in Sparq in the future. Also a few features that were once available in Sparq are no longer available in Sparq Next Gen, I would like to see them return.

We use our communities to voice opinions and provide insights to our teams, advertiser, and partners.

Vision Critical review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"Quick, Easy Insights"

What do you like best?

I love the new Stories feature that's built into Sparq3. This feature removes the time-consuming, tedious aspects of reporting and allows me to create more visually appealing insight deliverables in a shorter amount of time. I like that Vision Critical is not only open to hearing customer feedback, but they seek it out. My Customer Success Associate is so friendly and helpful. Whenever he doesn't have the solution to my issues, he quickly finds one.

What do you dislike?

There are a few capabilities that are missing that could make using the platform easier.

I use Vision Critical to help my business answer questions ranging from most preferred packaging of a product to overall shopping behavior and attitudes.

Vision Critical review by User

"Slow UI, outdated"

What do you like best?

Historical - contains my team's large library of surveys back to 2011.

What do you dislike?

UI is extremely slow so programming and analyzing surveys take way too long. Can't easily do pre vs. post survey analysis.

Custom consumer insights on media properties; ad sales research.

Vision Critical review by Administrator in Information Services
Administrator in Information Services

"VC - Not a perfect fit for all"

What do you like best?

System enforces data integrity well and its really hard to mess something up that could have dire consequences.

What do you dislike?

The software is very slow, appears built in the late 90s and has several user interface problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with most cases, think of your business first. If you want deeper analytics and longer surveys, VC is not for you

Allows us to maintain and manage a community of opinion sharers, while keeping them engaged.

Vision Critical review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Great insights company!"

What do you like best?

The people are great. They are helpful, friendly, professional, and always on top of things. Very responsive to any questions I have.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I currently dislike about Vision Critical.

We use our insight communities to gather feedback and insights from our business partners and employees. With our Vision Critical communities, we can cost effectively, quickly, and easily get valuable insights to make decisions on products, market strategies, and change management.

Vision Critical review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Questionnaire Review"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that we can customize questions and have "branches" to different questions depending upon how participants answer.

What do you dislike?

Not really being able to do everything in both Sparq and Power surveys.

We can ask exact questions about our marketing and get real answers back.

Learning about Vision Critical?

* We monitor all Vision Critical reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.