Visual FoxPro

Visual FoxPro 9.0 provides the tools you need to create and manage high-performance, 32-bit database applications and components.

Work for Visual FoxPro?
Google cloudstorage 2x

Learning about Visual FoxPro?

Visual FoxPro Reviews

Showing 17 Visual FoxPro reviews
Visual FoxPro review by <span>Hesham Gomaa Elmasry I.</span>
Hesham Gomaa Elmasry I.

VFP review

What do you like best?

I like the easiest way the VFP provides to deal with the DBF tables using VFP code, also I like that it works easily with SQL tables using SQLEXEC function, also its IDE is very productive while programming and debugging as it provides some helpful tools to debug like Watch, local memory, Call stack, etc..

What do you dislike?

The big problem with VFP, is its DBF table's limitation as it became corrupted after it reaches more that 2GB, also sometimes when its memo field being corrupted, you won't be able to use the table until you release this corruption, also sometimes some crashes happened for no reasons, and last and not least it is not supported officially by Microsoft.

Day to Day programming work for our projects and EDI & ERP products

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Visual FoxPro
Visual FoxPro review by <span>Rasha A.</span>
Rasha A.

VFP the easiest way to deal with tables

What do you like best?

I like the easy way to access and manage DBF data, I really like the smart tools provided to trace a problem as it allows me to catch the programming command with problem in a very few steps and it allows me to check the call stack in any part of execution, also it provides a great code behind feature, it allows me to either enter all the code in the screen's methods or to just call a function from a separate program, it allows me to create our custom controls and forms and use it in all our programming work as a framework

What do you dislike?

I don't like the DBF size limitation and its UI needs to be enhanced

Daily programming work in our live old products

What Object-Oriented Databases solution do you use?

Visual FoxPro review by <span>Jennifer G.</span>
Jennifer G.

MS FoxPro Experience

What do you like best?

I like the environment of MS FoxPro as it is easy to understand and user-friendly to programmers like me. I can customized my program efficiently. The tools and features are so easy to use and having a manual to guide you to use all the elements are very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much as I believe I need a guiding materials for other tool and features that I don't know how to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good software program for beginners as the software is user friendly.

I was creating a student registration system and I realize to have user friendly programming software benefited me more to create in less time or able to get into my deadline.

Visual FoxPro review by <span>Marius C.</span>
Marius C.
Referral to G2 Crowd from another user

Microsoft Visual FoxPro Software Review

What do you like best?

- Visual FoxPro provides the environment and tools to create / manage high-performance database applications and components.

- You can build modern, scalable, multi-tier applications that integrate client/server computing and the Internet via his robust tools and data-centric, object-oriented language.

- Visual FoxPro includes documentation, professional productivity tools, sample code for quickly building, managing, and deploying solutions.

- Includes Visual FoxPro general, programming language, user interface, and error message reference topics.

- It is cheap. By one copy. Distribute to everyone in the office; legally.

- Has an user friendly interface.

- You can create portable apps using Visual FoxPro DLLs.

- Visual FoxPro is a stand-alone database development tool.

What do you dislike?

- A Visual FoxPro database is hard to secure

- Visual FoxPro only runs on one OS.

- It has a 2 GB limit is per table.

- You might need to use another software (like SQL Server 2008) for large and scalable databases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Visual FoxProx if you need your database application to be portable.

I had to manipulate lots of small tables via a tool. I chose Visual FoxPro becase it gived me speed, power, flexibily and it is the best in database management system (DBMS).

Visual FoxPro review by User in Airlines/Aviation
User in Airlines/Aviation

functional software

What do you like best?

This software is very functional, however the user interface is not so friendly. I think it could be more modern and optimize its appearance in order to make it more pleasant

What do you dislike?

it's really like a retrospective to the past for my taste is not nice visually it's like something old-fashioned could be much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very stable program but at the same time very basic its interface is very old and the image is not so friendly or does not have a harmonious design.

this type of software allows to organize many of the processes of orders dispatches of consumables and rotables of the organization but it does not have connection in real time to request replenishment of stock in the organization that is why it is limited

Visual FoxPro review by <span>Peter H.</span>
Peter H.

Very easy and reliable backup but pricey

What do you like best?

This product works well, and is easy to set up. It is not just backup, but also backup and data recovery.

What do you dislike?

Its pricey compared to other backup solutions so you have to weigh that against its shininess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at Storage Craft, or Cloudberry. If you still need BDR (i.e. bare metal restore in the cloud) this is an easy way to go.

BDR - namely you can spin up a copy of a workstation or server in the cloud in less than 30 minutes using this product. It also backs up and archives files.

Learning about Visual FoxPro?

* We monitor all Visual FoxPro reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.