What do you like best?
1. Visual Studio is the rich, best and easy IDE for Microsoft.Net Development.
2. It is used for developing mobile, desktop, Xbox and other supported platforms using the Visual Studio IDE.
3. Currently, we are using this application for MVC.Net and C#.net for other applications.
4. We are having debugger facility for MVC which is very easy to identify the defects sooner and faster without hassles.
5. GUI-based development tool so enriched in Development for online screens and respective JS.
6. Since we have Inbuilt editor, JS, Modules it is easy to code and get the build done.
What do you dislike?
1. Most suitable only for Microsoft related languages and not for other world-class delivered languages so far I know. One of the examples in Python.
2. Takes more time to get processed from compiler since it takes more RAM from applications.
3. The license is costly since we have more online tools for several functionalities working across OS.
4. VSS is used however this donesnt have much compatible like bitbucket where this can be used for all native languages and other applications like Python/others.
Recommendations to others considering the product
Good for Beginners since it can be used by anyone in the shorter frame of time. Deployment/Automated build is easy since VSS is connected with Build components in VSS. So no special training is needed.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
We are using Visual Studio for our recovery application to our US Healthcare customer for MVC.Net and C#.net for another application. We are using this for Web Applications which is installed in IIS server. As well since we are having the MVC integrated region this is used for Debugging, Development, and Junit tested on the same. For C#.net we are using the IDE for development, Testing, and deployment through JIRA for agile projects. As well IDE is used as VSS for source safe tool.