VMware Service Manager

VMware Service Manager automates IT Service Management by providing a powerful workflow engine to drive IT Service processes.

Work for VMware Service Manager?
Changegear  service desk  2x

Learning about VMware?

VMware Service Manager Reviews

Showing 56 VMware reviews
VMware review by <span>Schqueatta J.</span>
Schqueatta J.

VMWare

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use the application. It's very user friendly and easy to set up. I was able to remote in anywhere I had an internet connection which made working from home more convenient. I was always able to get work done anywhere at anytime.

What do you dislike?

There were no way to calculate depreciation. I've found some software that does and this is not a product that does. Sometimes, when the system was down, it made it hard to get anything done. If you're not able to access the remote desktop there is no workaround to work.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quicker responses when the system crashes and work at home agents aren't able to log in and do work.

It integrates with the current product we already use to manage trends in the data we sale.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VMware Service Manager
VMware review by <span>Amy L.</span>
Amy L.

Provides Great Functionality but is not without issues

What do you like best?

The functionality is great. I can now work from any location with a secure internet connection and have access to ALL of my files and programs as if I was sitting at my desk in the office. I could even connect with a tablet. It operates really well. There is no noticeable lag time. I can accomplish many more tasks with this program.

What do you dislike?

When working remotely, sometimes it will disconnect from your profile randomly and you have to reconnect, which could take a while. Every time there is an update, there seems to be a complication in it implementing the update. All profiles should be the same base set-up, or there are complications in the few customized profiles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to evaluate the needs of all of your staff, not just the majority, as it is more difficult to customize for smaller groups or individuals among the company.

The benefits are large. Our staff can work remotely, if there is bad weather, our office building shuts down or loses power, or any unforeseen circumstance. With this program, the work can still get done no matter what is thrown in our way.

What Service Desk solution do you use?

VMware review by <span>Bobby W.</span>
Bobby W.

VMWare Service Manager

What do you like best?

what I like best about VMSM is the ability to automate the processes that are needed to manage our Virtual Server environment.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the product is a little slow to respond when executing scripts (or automated processes) it kind of makes you think that nothing is happening. a little more visual indicators would be nice to see to let you know that something is going on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

pretty much anything that VMWare is worth trying at least once. I know for our company anything that they have offered has helped us in the long run. Some of the products are a little hard to get going, but once you do, they tend to run themselves.

we've been able to deliver and manage physical, virtual, and cloud-based IT services in a standardized and scalable way.

VMware review by Administrator

VMware Service Manager for IT service provider to provide application support

What do you like best?

VMware Service Manager manages large amounts of virtual machines without feeling overwhelmed. Each VM tree is available and simple to navigate.I have used this on several client projects and it integrates very well with their business workflows. Most of the standard IT processes like Incident management, problem management ,change management etc are easy to setup up out of the box.This tool is just a great solution for cloud environments

What do you dislike?

One thing I didn't like VMware is slow to respond when executing scripts (or automated processes) it kind of makes you think that nothing is happening. A little more visual indicators would be nice to see to let you know that something is going on.Configuring a Virtual machine and the time it takes to configure is very long

Recommendations to others considering the product

VMware is a great option to assist in everyday needs when accessing remotely.Use it if you have to handle big data technologies.

Managing Cloud-based IT services of our organization. VMware service manager has a way of simplifying my every day duties and the downloading of different VMware suites and products.It allows us quick easy way to distribute work among team and pass to other teams when needed.

VMware review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

Powerful and flexible ITSM application

What do you like best?

The VMWare Service Manager is a powerful ITSM software that has very good workflow engine to control the ITSM processes/. I have used this on several client projects and it integrates very well with their business workflows. Most of the standard IT processes like Incident management, problem management ,change mangement etc. are easy to setup up out of the box.

It is also a cloud based application and can be easily deployed on client environment. It has options to customize the fields on the application as well. For example, if you wanted to add a new field to capture the approximate effort for a change, you can include this field to show up when you create a new change.

Most of the navigation options are shown on a panel on the left. This is typical of most ITSM applications.. They also have options to calculate and report the SLA and OLA response times and breaches.

What do you dislike?

The user interface takes a little getting used to. When I first started using this, I had trouble understanding the navigations and options that were in here. Having used many other ITSM tools, I can cleary say this is one area that needs to be improved. There are several other ITSM softwares like ServiceNow that offers a lot more functionalities out of the box for project management and IT process management which are lacking in the VMware application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be best to consider the alternatives in the market. The VMWare application is a good option if you have other VMware products that you might want to integrate it with.

Incident management, problem management, configuration management, Knowledge base, change management and service catalogs.

VMware review by <span>Timothy M. Z.</span>
Timothy M. Z.

Best Server Virtulization platform for building and tesking

What do you like best?

One of the widely used Virtualization software, with lot of support and patches and Core features such as VMware ESXi, VMware vSphere Client and VMware vSphere Virtual Machine File System.

What do you dislike?

Some missing storage features on the Hyper-V, and high prices. at some point some operating system keep crashing while trying to install, I also find it difficult using vagrant.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find this tool as one of the widely used and best virtualization software, that comes with lots of features and support as well.

Enables the migration of powered virtual machines from one physical server to another with zero down.

It has help me setup and configure lot of Test Servers on different environments.

Learning about VMware Service Manager?

* We monitor all VMware Service Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.