VNC Connect

VNC Connect

4.7

VNC Connect enables you to remotely access and control your devices wherever you are in the world, whenever you need to. VNC has a widespread user base from individuals to the world's largest multi-national companies utilizing the technology for a range of applications.

Work for VNC Connect?

Learning about VNC Connect?

VNC Connect Reviews

Ask VNC Connect a Question
Showing 200 VNC Connect reviews
VNC Connect review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Great Remote Service software for a great price!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect to a clients device and leave NO program besides a disposable .exe file. So far it’s proved to be a very efficient program and super easy to use. It gets passed firewalls when I remote from work using my phone and connects fairly fast. I love the program aka Viewer how it gives you your internal computers then allows you to instantly support others up to three devices and cross platform. Beautiful website but complex.

What do you dislike?

The website was kinda of confusing as others have said I just contacted the sales team and they gave me the break down that CONNECT is the Server that administers the connection but it runs in the background and the VIEWER is the one that you would use to actually connect/see other devices and connect either internally or via instant support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for an affordable and reliable Remote Service for either Personal or Business get Real VNC. It would be your best decision possible since making your business or small start up.

It’s simple to guide people to download the disposable app and then to connect to my clients. I’m solving issues from cleaning out OS’s to being connected for literally half a day to solve an Office installation via 365 problem.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VNC Connect
VNC Connect review by Aaron Chaim D.
Aaron Chaim D.

"Very user friendly system"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is very easy to set up and use. the prices are very competitive and affordable compared to their competition. I tested four other systems over a three month period and RealVNC came out tops on all counts.

Support is really good, they come back to you usually same day or quickly the next day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way it ummm well, the only thing i can think of is when logging in to a computer with multiple monitors. It treats them as one big screen. Besides that, nothing to not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!!! The pricing structure is great, as you pay per computer and not per connection. It is good value for money.

If you're connecting to a PC with two or more screens, you may have to disable one of them, as it can get confusing. That is unless your two screens are the same size.

I work for a few clients and can't be everywhere at the same time, so i need to log in to a client from another client's office or from home.. It's perfect for that. I have saved travel time and am able to give answers to people much quicker.

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

VNC Connect review by Oscar A.
Oscar A.

"The right tools, the right price"

What do you like best?

I work from home, as many of you do. It seemes like companies have systematically decided to ignore this reality and they try to push remote control systems with a bunch of useless features and put a super expensive price tag. VNC connect does not do this, it gives you a fair price with the tools you need to work from home without so much clutter. I love how logical the UI is, that I can separate my home-use account from my work account, and how configurable is.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the remote connection can be improved, I wouldl ike to see different screen in different windows and remote blank screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering VNC to replace Teamviewer or the ilogically priced LogmeIn, do it. You might think the 1-window-2-screens is complicated, it isnt. The window scales perfectly when maximized (as long as both your screens are the same size) It is worth the change, and after a few days using it you will love it

Working from home to connect to my company computer so that I don't need to bring anything from my office to my home desktop, I can simply close VNC and I'm back to my work-free enviroment.

It lets me connect from any device, even mobile, and I don't need to pay super expensive licenses for a mobile client

VNC Connect review by Larry L.
Larry L.

"Efficient Workstation Interaction on Plant Floor"

What do you like best?

Realtime screen interactions with various Windows 10 and WinCE systems from iOS devices.

Delightful connection setup experience. Computers should always be this easy to connect.

Extremely useful screen rendering and interaction. My workstation is two high definition screens wide, and this product lets me move around that information from a lightweight device as I personally move around a sprawling automation system on a plant floor.

What do you dislike?

At the RealVNC website, product choices and ordering options were hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try the free demo! I tried several products this way, and RealVNC stood out with ease of setup, ease of use, and remarkable realtime screen information.

As an automation consultant, I work with systems that may sprawl over hundreds of square feet and may have multiple vertical levels. VNC Connect makes it possible for me to interact with my Windows 10 workstation while quickly roaming around a system carrying only an iPhone or an iPad. I can make adjustments at the control point without carrying my laptop to that location--- which I used to do!

VNC Connect review by Sander R.
Sander R.

"Remote access couldn't be easier with RealVNC."

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, multi-platform, reliable, comprehensive online user management, very fair pricing. These are just some keywords that go with RealVNC. It responds exactly to our needs without any additional clutter and having used it now for some time I would highly recommend it to everybody looking for a secure, easy and affordable remote connection solution.

What do you dislike?

For now I have not been able to find anything during our daily use that would need improvement. Keep up the good work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! RealVNC is THE solution for your remote desktop/support needs and I would definitely recommend it over any other solution out there on the market (especially TeamViewer). If you are stuck and need their support don't worry they are very responsive.

We provide support on our products and RealVNC enables us to remotely connect to our SCADA environments to diagnose problems, control and restart our installations without the need to be physically present which can require travelling for 1000s of kms and hours of lost time. This is not only beneficial for us but for the client as well as he increases production (less downtime) and thus more operational income.

VNC Connect review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Glitch free remote access"

What do you like best?

There are several things that are very good about this software. 1) It works as if you were actually on the computer, meaning it doesn't use a RDP connection. If you have specialty software that won't function using RDP (due to licensing), this is your best option. 2) Others can connect to the same system at the same time. It doesn't kick the first remote user off. This can be used for training or troubleshooting, etc. It notifies you when someone else connects. 3) There are options to allow internal connections and/or external connections. You're able to block internet users from access if you wish, and simply use it within your internal network.

What do you dislike?

If you want to use this for just remote access, the pricing structure will seem high. It would be nice to eliminate some features to reduce the cost if you're only looking for a simply remote solution. Also, the pricing is based on jump points and not per computer. It will go from one PC to three PC's as the next option. What if you only want two? Well, you end up paying for three instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you review all the options they offer with their pricing. If possible, contact them to see if they can custom build a package for your needs.

The reason for this software as a "solution" to our problem was a licensing limitation with Remote Desktop. This software doesn't work the same way, and allows us to access everything on the system we need to without any glitches.

VNC Connect review by Olaf H.
Olaf H.

"greatly superior remote connection software solution at reasonable price"

What do you like best?

This interface is extremely easy to use and highly intuitive, both for the technicians and for the admin staff. Admin staff has complete control over who has what level of access and to what computers. Two-factor authentication for all technician staff is very easy to add on and use. The cloud connectivity provides extremely solid (and fully encrypted) connections even over very demanding environmental conditions (e.g. a computer on a truck on a railroad in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Canada or Mexico, in an area where the driver has no cell service). The fact that the system effectively combines the functionality of both GoToAssist (which require remote user cooperation to setup the connection) and other systems like UltraVNC (which allow direct connection with no remote user present) is also a nice money saver in the long run.

What do you dislike?

The File Transfer interface is the only non-intuitive part of the program: it makes sense from a programmer point of view but not from an end user point of view. Once one gets used to how it works, it's not at all difficult to use, and it's also not hard to see why it's implemented the way it is, but the fact that there's any learning curve to it at all is a jarring disconnect from the exceptional ease of use and simplicity of the rest of the interface - and I can think of some pretty easy ways to make it cleaner and more foolproof. (Where is RealVNC's Web site for reporting such OFIs, BTW?) My only other minor complaint is again with the file transfer interface: if the connection is broken for any reason, the transfer attempt has to be started all over from scratch. For a multi-Gb file over a spotty transmission, this can be annoying. Nevertheless, the advantages of the rest of the system far outweigh these minor inconveniences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this one! Any other comparable solution will probably require two or more products and probably won't have all of the same features. And it's hard to picture anything easier to use.

One very minor caveat: If you typically need to transfer multi-Gb files to/from remote locations, on a regular basis, then you may want to use a more specialized system for that specific purpose. (See main review for details.)

For the first time ever, we can remotely support software on a fleet of field trucks all over North America no matter where they are, while also being able to provide state of the art security for those remote connections.

VNC Connect review by Joe A.
Joe A.

"Recently switched from competitor...and I'll never go back!!!"

What do you like best?

RealVNC makes the process very simple and easy to understand. The application allows me to keep a list of all the users I need to support in my office which makes connecting much quicker. And VNC Connect is a fast and secure method of remoting into my desktop from outside of the office. What I love the best is that I can use this on Linux without any special modifications. It just works!

What do you dislike?

I have been using RealVNC and VNC Connect for some time and have not found anything I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC Connect works with Linux, is simple to use and incredibly secure using two factor authentication. I expect that I will be a long term subscriber with RealVNC and do not ever see going anywhere else!

The problem I was trying to solve is being able to remote into my Linux desktop from the outside world. Not only does RealVNC solve this problem easily, it is also affordable!

VNC Connect review by Alice P.
Alice P.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The software was relatively easy to set up. The interface is easy to use even across various platforms. Secure connection.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't much I can say negatively regarding the software. If you are going the online server the connection is very easy. If you are wanting to set up a direct connection it's a little trickier, but the online information does a fairly good job at walking you through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access your system and/or files remotely VNC makes it easy. I've even been able to access & send files from my phone... a little challenging with a small screen but being able to do it meant I had a happy client.

It allows me to be accessible regardless of my physical location. There are day's I'm unable to get to the office or access files on my work computer, but with VNC it's like I'm sitting at my desk - because I am. It's easy to use & lets me solve my clients' problems regardless of where I may be.

VNC Connect review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Really like how VNC makes it easy to help PC users in a three story building. VNC is a TIME saver!!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up and use. Great for remote support when there can't be any interruptions in the room.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike! This product is great!! I would recommend it to anyone who supports desktop users!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that if you have to support users that aren't close to you, that you use RealVNC. It is easy to setup and use, and users love having the option if they are having computer issues during the work day.

I work for a Court, and RealVNC makes it very easy to help the courtroom clerks, bailiffs, or even Judges if they have a computer problem when Court is in session. I don't have to run up and interrupt the courtroom. I just log onto their computer, fix the problem, and they continue on without anyone in the courtroom even knowing about it.

VNC Connect review by Mario Alejandro L.
Mario Alejandro L.

"VNC Connect is Awesome!!"

What do you like best?

I love how it is cross platform works on Mac and Linux as well as Windows. I managed my VNC Connect Team on Linux it's very impressive. The price is also hard to beat compared to other competing solutions and support is also good. We have not had many issues they have a solid knowledge base. Sales was also attentive and followed up respectfully to win our business.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. The only I would say is the vnc server does not like it when a computer display is turned off but these are very minor things compared to the benefits. Also once you setup your VNC Connect 'Team' the name of machine's are set to the hostname of the machines running VNC Server and this cannot be edited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you can connect to virtually most major device platforms.

I am managing the computer systems of an entire clinic using VNC Connect and One Technician Pro license for a very good cost compared to the other competitors like team viewer and bomgar.

VNC Connect review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"ease of connection and reliability"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is "the best" in terms of connection to remote screens. So easy to use. Once you've set it up, just ask it to locate my "home" computer screen, type a long password, and I'm immediately at the remote log-in screen. Double password protection. Just what I needed. I switched over from another service that was quite a bit more expensive - have found the price to be perfect for what I need, and I don't have to buy a higher level of service than I need either.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can't access the service, probably due to local ISP restrictions, however I always have a VPN, so occasionally I have to VPN to some other physical location, log in through RealVNC, and connect to my screen through a level of (VPN) indirection. It still works and the speed is quite reasonable.

I keep passwords and keys on "desktop" system, which I access through RealVNC rather than carry sensitive log-in information, and data, on the road with me. I also have some apps on the desktop system which I can use through remote screen. And finally, I have encrypted email which I view through programs on the desktop system, so I do not have to carry encryption keys with me on the road. (I have in the past travellled to some sensitive locations.) I appreciate even more that my VNC connections are encrypted and this status is shown to me at connection time.

VNC Connect review by Alan J.
Alan J.

"RealVNC in a small IT department"

What do you like best?

Ease of connecting to server virtual machines and physical desktops.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes really. At one point I thought we were going to be forced to use the cloud connect option but that is not the case. We use RealVNC on our LAN only which is just what we need.

I can easily manage virtual servers from my office. We integrate login with Active Directory groups to control access and privileges. The "Expert Options" allow us to configure RealVNC to suit our own needs; options such as idle timeout, automatically disconnecting users, allowing multiple connections, etc.

In addition to managing virtual servers we also use RealVNC to connect to employee desktops in order to provide technical support. This allows us to remotely connect to a user PC when they are away from their office or allow them to watch as we work on resolving an issue.

VNC Connect review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"VNC Connect makes remote support easy "

What do you like best?

We have been users of RealVNC for over 3 years. During that time, it has allow us to remotely connect to 1000 desktops and servers to resolve issues, install software, printers, etc., saving us many hours of driving time between sites and gives us a quicker response time to resolve issues. Without it, we would have had to hire at least one other technician. Now with VNC Connect, we can connect to desktops and servers that are not interconnected on our WAN. The software is very stable, easy to use and has many features that make remote support a snap. I also use it at home for after hours support as well. The sales and support departments, when needed, has been exceptional. Great product with a great team behind it!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that I dislike about this product. The development team seems to continue to improve this application and add new features and functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the software and the sales and support team behind the product are exceptional. They continue to update and add features and functionality to the product,

We support 27 departments in 12 locations. With a limited number of technicians and network admins, this product save many hours of driving time for supporting our desktops and servers and gives us a faster response time, especially when we have high priority calls.

VNC Connect review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Easy to use and light weight Remote Control Application"

What do you like best?

I have used RealVNC for many years and with the new Cloud Connect option it has become the best remote control software on the market. I use the mobile client as well as the desktop clients on Mac and PC and it's seamless across all platforms. Cloud Connect allows me to connect to my machines without the need for a VPN connection as long as the computers are online. I still have the VPN and direct connect options available if I need them.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have any negatives. They are open to suggestions which is very nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been using RealVNC for direct connections for years. With the addition of VNC Connect we were able to drop Log Me In Central which we used for out of network connections. I have found VNC Connect to be more user friendly and more light weight than the Log Me In client. You will not be sorry for switching to VNC Connect!

Remote IT Support and Remote Desktop of clients. With the new Instant Support option I can even get into users computers with their assistance if RealVNC isn't already installed. I've even used Instant Support to get me into machines to install the full RealVNC client on new installs where it may have been missed before the machine went to the user.

VNC Connect review by Israel T.
Israel T.

"Reliability I can trust!"

What do you like best?

As a computer nerd beginning to show his age, I've experimented with quite a few remote access tools over the years and VNC has always remained a constant viable option. That being said, when I needed to setup a quick link for one of my clients, there was no hesitation in going with VNC. When VNC you know it's going to work.

And you can't beat their pricing. When everyone moving towards subscriptions these days, one can quickly find themselves being nickel and dimed to death with so many subscriptions under their belt. I found that their pricing was extremely competitive and many times much lower than some of the newer kids on the block, which again, made my decision easy.

What do you dislike?

So far, I dislike nothing at all. The software is affordable. Reliable. Easy to download. Easy to install. Easy to navigate and use. What's to complain about?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how long they've been around and see that they're constantly maintaining their software and providing support. You too, will realize they are a reliable source.

Establishing 24/7 access to store computers is a great benefit. Even when things like HurricaneHarvey and excessive flooding have all our employees at home, we are still able to login and do the things we need to do.

VNC Connect review by Lewis H.
Lewis H.

"Great value and quality remote platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface is great, really useful to see all your connected computers in one place rather than behind meaningless numbers. The price point is incredible too, love it.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, haven't had any issues except for one time a connection failed from my iphone but I just reconnected and it was all fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this over Teamviewer.

Our staff can remote in to the various computers we have servicing our post production all from one office rather than running around the server room. Our editors can easily remote in to our Harding system to check legal levels without going through technical staff. We had been using teamviewer but this system is much more robust, with higher quality images and much much cheaper.

VNC Connect review by Lynn C.
Lynn C.

"Real VNC helps me stay organized and backed up"

What do you like best?

Encrypted connections, ease of installation and the fact that it works on all my different devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were free. But the free versions of VNC do not typically offer encrypted connections and hence have are not approved for use by my University.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have an Enterprise license as I use Real VNC on five different computers.

I work on many different computers and my desktop at work has all the best software. Using Real VNC I can view the files on the other computer which has the licensed software and is also a better computer. Also sometimes I can't remember what file was on the other computer so I need to actually look at the screen of the other computer to remember what I was working on.

VNC Connect review by Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.

"VNC Connect is Fast, Simple, and Reliable"

What do you like best?

The application is easy to install, fast to load, and surprisingly light on system resources. I use it to help maintain the personal computers used by myself and my family, so it's imperative that the software be easy to use and maintain. Especially now that they have a subscription for personal users, VNC Connect does exactly what I want it to.

What do you dislike?

Very little. It's much better than any competitor I've tried. It installs well, updates easily, and has great instructions for use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for business solutions, but you might find it a lifesaver at home too!

Unlike most users, I'm actually using VNC Connect for my personal machines. It would be great to allow business users to remotely maintain systems or access them for telepresence work, but it's also simple enough to be used on all the machines in my household.

VNC Connect review by Cliff M.
Cliff M.

"Does exactly what we need to work remotely."

What do you like best?

RealVNC allows us to give as many users as we need need access our office computers remotely. It is a great product and for us is well ahead of the competition both on features and price. Support from RealVNC is second to none with helpful knowledgeable sales and support staff. Remote access and file transfer allows us to facilitate volunteers to work from home.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have browser access to remote computers without the need to install and app. Though this is a minor complaint. Better cross platform (e.g. native ChromeOS support would be good. Apart from this there is nothing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Much better value than the competition.

Crucially its pricng scheme is reasonable and is based on the number of hosts rather than clients. We need multiple users to access a small number of computers and this is the only solution we could find that works for us. All the other big names are priced based on number of clients. We also value the ability to transfer files remotely and to have remote multimedia access. Some of our users use it would work remotely while others use it for support and maintenance without having to come on site. This saves volunteers a lot of time travelling unnecessarily and allows quick remedial action to be taken as and when required.

VNC Connect review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Simple and easy to use, does exactly what you expect it to"

What do you like best?

The easy of use, literally took me 10 minutes to setup on the computer I wanted to remotely manage, and create a team of colleagues who also manage the machine. The mobile apps are well designed and thought out and allow you to do emergency management of a remote computer. Its obviously not as easy as using a machine with a keyboard and mouse, but it feels like a lot of thought has been put into making the apps work as well as they could on a touch screen device.

What do you dislike?

The desktop client seems to be limited to 1 desktop per account, which is a bit inconvenience if I am using a different desktop at a field office. Still allows you to have the app on an iPad and iPhone under the same account, just doesnt seem to want to let me log in with a second desktop machine without warning about exceeding the number of devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a go, it didn't take us long trialling it to see that it fit our business

Management of remote site devices, meaning a site visit needs to happen a lot less frequently and only when the most serious tasks need to be done. Can diagnose issues remotely so we know which specialist teams to send to site to correct issues, saving someone making a trip just to do a diagnosis and recommend a team.

VNC Connect review by Reece Y.
Reece Y.

"Easy to use remote access tool"

What do you like best?

Cloud Connect allows for quick and easy connections to remote computers not within the LAN and security considerations of phrases.

Concurrent connections are great for watching/reviewing other peoples work and showing how to achieve something.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little smoother on some machines - but that's just bandwidth. On completing a trial, we had to re-setup the account due to us wanting to pay by account, rather than debit/credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A trial is a trial - be prepared to setup the computers and accounts again.

Having to access multiple computers as a till centralised server - some actions can only be carried out on that one PC. This has allowed our Business Support team to easily transfer stock between sites.

VNC Connect review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Seamless connectivity"

What do you like best?

The host (server) is very easy to deploy and the clients connect without any problem (easily connect through firewalls and NAT routers). Once connected, the performance is great.

Finally, I appreciate the cost.

What do you dislike?

The file transfer is a little cumbersome (certainly possible but not as simple as competitive products I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a trial period and I urge you to use to ensure you will have no problem accessing through any firewalls (I had no problems but your situation may vary). The documentation is excellent so you should not have any problem but technical support is available. At the time that I signed up, there was a free offering for personal use but the cost is low enough to support them against their competition.

I used a competitive product for several years and they kept increasing the price for remote access and I could no longer justify the cost. I tried Real VNC at a lower price and have been very satisfied. I was able to enroll for three years to avoid price increases.

VNC Connect review by Justin O.
Justin O.

"RealVNC in the workplace"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. It just works with no hassle at all.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about this product. Having utilized Remote Desktop ( Microsoft Terminal Services) and Dameware, RealVNC is my preference for Remote Access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find that Remote Desktop is not meeting your needs and you are considering alternatives, save yourself the headache and start with RealVNC.

We utilize RealVNC to remotely administer workstations on the network which cannot be easily accessed by local IT. There are also other needs which I won't go into detail on in this review but I can say that Remote Desktop or Dameware does not offer us the solutions that RealVNC does.

Simply put, if you're looking for the best software for Remote Access, look no further than RealVNC.

VNC Connect review by Manel B.
Manel B.

"Easy to setup for the first use"

What do you like best?

VNC Connect is a user-friendly software, easy to configure and very confident. I would strongly recommnend its use.

What do you dislike?

Our company's policy recommend to acquire the software instead of paying per use. The Cloud connection sometimes is slow and user account is needed for each user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial license is fully operational even only cloud connections can be configured. But more than enough to test the product and check if it match your needs.

I wasn't able to run an application running on a Virtual Machine due to the USB dongle license was not recognized by the RDP connection. With VNC Connect, I can use the application and have access to all the resources of the VM.

VNC Connect review by Ezeikiel R.
Ezeikiel R.

"VNC for remote programming Raspberry Pi's. "

What do you like best?

VNC allows me to remote into my headless raspberry pi micro-controllers. Its almost as if I had them right in front of me connected to the monitor without having to purchase a monitor for each micro-controller.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the steep price but in the end its worth it. I couldnt see myself programming my Raspberry Pi's any other way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC is pretty bad ass. Give it a go if you need to connect!

My desk is not that large, i already have 2 wide monitors. I couldnt imagine having a monitor for each computer I program. Having VNC saves me; space, money and time.

VNC Connect review by ROGER T.
ROGER T.

"Way better than team viewer"

What do you like best?

The ability to do local or cloud connections. fast connections. it loads very fast. this is way better than team viewer. It's definitely the most convenient way to provide remote desktop assistance

What do you dislike?

The pricing seems inconsistent. Sometimes I can get 5 licenses for the same price I get 7 licenses. I don't know if its the sales person or what but I always feel like they can go lower. I also don't like their hours of operation. Why do I have to call Europe for sales, can't I just call someone in USA?

Recommendations to others considering the product

get all of your PC licenses at once. because you can't merge computer groups when you buy more. (at least they didnt tell me it was possible)

remote help desk tech support

VNC Connect review by Jerry C.
Jerry C.

"Reasonable cost, easy to use and great customer support"

What do you like best?

This is by far the most affordable solution for remotely controlling my computers, once I got the hang of it is is very easy to use and when I had a question the customer support was very timely in their response. I also like that I can remote in from another computer, my iPhone or IPAD so that what I need is always accessible.

What do you dislike?

There was some initial confusion regarding the log-in to the program vs. the log-in to the remote computer, but once this was resolved through technical support the program was very easy to use.

There is a program we use that governs many aspects of our operation. There are no mobile app versions for this program. There are times when I am away from our clinic that I need to access information from this program. With VNC connect I can remote into our office computer and run this program from both my IPhone and Ipad.

VNC Connect review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Best in industry remoting software"

What do you like best?

I like every aspect of the platform but if i have to point out one thing it would be the cloud connectivity feature.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is not a single feature weak enough to come close to a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to just do it. You will not find a better solution if having to remotely administer systems from multiple locations. Price and quality of product cannot be beat!!

Our medical facility spans across 22 acres and the use of technology is very extensive. VNC has allowed me to run a skeleton crewed IT department while providing very efficient problem resolutions and maintain 5 star quality services to our users.

VNC Connect review by Dr. Jim B.
Dr. Jim B.

"VNC Excellent Program to Connect Comptuers!"

What do you like best?

The Real VNC Connect Program is awesome! I have been using VNC for 10+ years and it works exceptionally well - to remotely connect between all of my home and work computers. I am especially pleased that the Real VNC Connect Program also allows very fast file transfer. Yay!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Real VNC! Nothing needs to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best product you will find for connecting computers. Highly recommended!

I need VNC Connect because my office (I am a University Professor) computer is behind a firewall - router, and VNC is one of the few programs that allows me to connect from home to the office - and it is undoubtedly the fastest!

VNC Connect review by Clive L.
Clive L.

"This has saved me many times"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for many, many years, and it has aged my life by allowing me to gain full access to both my machine and others while I have been away from my main desk. The capability to access from pretty much any device and over any connection is great. The security of the enterprise version is a major advantage.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the capability to only share certain parts of the machine, rather than all of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works, it is secure, it has a small footprint and is a life-saver in many circumstances.

Ability to remotely connect to other machines in a secure manner.

VNC Connect review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Cheap and very easy to use"

What do you like best?

How cheap RealVNC is for business use and the ease with which I was able to set RealVNC up across all of the computers I required it on.

What do you dislike?

As an experienced user, this was easy for me to set up, but the necessity for VNC connect and VNC viewer confused some people.

Using RealVNC allows our laboratory users to access remote instruments both from the office and from home. We aren't restricted on the number of users, and multiple users can sign in simultaneous to view and operate instrumentation. This allows for increased productivity and peace of mind.

VNC Connect review by Jami S.
Jami S.

"VNC Connect for medical environment"

What do you like best?

I like that VNC Connect was easy to install and setup. There is a very user-friendly interface which makes it easy for me to make any changes, add connections, etc.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about using VNC Connect. The only thing I can think about is that when my job first started using VNC software, it was free. Now VNC Connect requires a subscription but that's understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC Connect offers a trial evaluation period so I would try it out and see if it'll be beneficial for your company's needs.

VNC Connect allows the pathologist assistants that I support to be able to remote into a server to complete their duties regardless of which hospital location they are at. This is beneficial because I, as well as the PAs, don't have to physically gain access to the servers in order to complete our tasks.

VNC Connect review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"Essential software for business or home use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, dynamic quality adjustment over variable quality links, printer sharing, intuitive copy and pasting between machines, Simplicity of deployment in corporate environments. Clients available for every major platform and the mobile apps are now free, which is very useful for accessing devices out of the office via VPN.

What do you dislike?

The licensing model recently changed (and is much more complicated) so there's now no more perpetual licenses for server installs, which makes administration and software auditing more challenging.

When we purchased, the price break on per-unit licenses was nonsensical - about 10x as expensive per license, until you reached a high number of licenses (we obtained 1000 licenses at the price break point for the same cost as 100!) We had to effectively overbuy to get a good deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on what you need, RealVNC may not be the best fit - it's the does-it-all Enterprise ready version produced by the original manufacturers. Installation's pretty simple, it's deployable if needed and it sports a lot of party tricks. However, TightVNC, UltraVNC or even TeamViewer may be what you need depending on your circumstances, requirements and budget.

VNC's very useful for quick, remote access of business critical machines where other access methods either cause software conflicts, interrupt operations or lock out the local user whilst you are remoted in.

Also using LDAP authentication, it's possible to grant or restrict access to subsets of machines in a granular fashion using our existing AD structures and role groups, plus it's one set less of static passwords to have to worry about changing. Great from an information security point of view.

We've reduced the amount of effort required for support departments to connect remotely and analyse problems, as they can see exactly what the user sees, in the same session, whilst they're on the phone.

VNC Connect review by Trevor S.
Trevor S.

"A huge step up"

What do you like best?

This software renders multi monitor stations, including various resolutions, wonderfully. I am able to connect through a cloud connection or locally across our network, which is very nice. I was actually able to deploy this software to some of our end users who were in need of watching the desktops of different stations. It is so easy to use they have been raving about it to other friends.

What do you dislike?

The "descriptions" do not share between admin accounts. All of the computers are added by their DNS name. This is fine for most users, but it would be nice for the more difficult to identify stations to have a "description" that I can fill in for all of our admins to find a person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC connect has just release a 'ad-hoc' option. You are able to create on demand sessions for users who do not have the software installed. Though I do not have the license for that, it is a very nice feature to use in other enviornments.

We needed an encrypted remote control software to replace UltraVNC that works with multiple resolutions sizes on the same system.

VNC Connect review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"VNC Connect"

What do you like best?

It's more affordable than the competition. It's easy to use. You can use both cloud and regular VNC connections.

What do you dislike?

You can't purchase VNC without a monthly subscription anymore so I won't be using it for internal uses as this is far too expensive, I have resorted to other solutions. The software will sometimes loose connectivity to the cloud and the service has to be restarted to reconnect which has made remote support problematic. It would be nice to see if the remote server is online before connecting to it and to be able to see how long it's been offline would be useful. Logmein had this feature and I used it frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a perfect cost effective solution for remote access

I use it for remote support to servers. It's much cheaper than logmein as their price was doubling every year and was no longer a cost effective option for remote support. VNC has less features however I wasn't using any of the features they provide other than remote support so VNC is a perfect cost effective solution that provides simple remote support without all the unnecessary add-ons.

VNC Connect review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"Quickiest Remote Control Experience EVER"

What do you like best?

I have tested plenty remote support tools but none is as quick an efficient as VNC, besides, setting it up is a piece of cake. Our IT end user support staff didn´t need any training at all to use it. It is possible to integrate it with other system management suites (nice to have).

What do you dislike?

Taking control over an Internet location machine requires a tricky set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always benchmark products you consider to use then VNC is going to be your winner in several aspects of your decision matrix. No one is beating its price, user experience or quickness.

VNC is giving us the ability to remote support all clients -PCs, Laptops and Servers- across the whole organization which includes 5 countries and different operating systems. This tools has decreased significantly the cost associated with on-site travel and also has reduced the downtime for our clients all over.

VNC Connect review by Donald M.
Donald M.

"Essential Business Tool"

What do you like best?

RealVNC keeps me connected to my office when I'm out and to my servers wherever I am. It is one of the first programs I install when I set up a new workstation. It is essential to my business and its ease of use is second to none.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that they've made the Viewer slightly more difficult to find and download. The software itself is great.

I connect to multiple servers and to my office desktop with VNC Connect. It frees me up to take my business out of my office and into the world.

VNC Connect review by Giancarlo M.
Giancarlo M.

"VNC is a high quality software"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can change multiple parameters to every single connection, you can customize pretty much everything required for a server connection. Also you can have multiple windows open to as many servers as needed.

What do you dislike?

The fact that it always gets some slowness when doing this sort of connections. Even when you you can set the network speed, the customer experience is not as good as you would think. In the old versions around you used to have many copy/paste issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take in consideration this is a software that must be installed at both sides, client and server.

Remote access to server all over the world.

VNC Connect review by John E.
John E.

"Easy and robust."

What do you like best?

Well the price is very low for the functionality offered, but as far as features, the ability to copy and paste between remote and local systems. It also worked easily without a lot of complicated setup.

What do you dislike?

There is really not that much to dislike it does exactly what I need it to for a very reasonable price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple to install and test out with a free trial period that will let you know if this is the product for you.

Computer sharing between multiple volunteers who have young children that require them to work from home. And also accommodate their different schedules.

VNC Connect review by Dilshaad A.
Dilshaad A.

"Great software that ticks all the boxes for the company."

What do you like best?

It is light.. easy to work on the corporate network. Simple enough for end-users.

Its ability to include specific permissions are excellent.

What do you dislike?

The only real disadvantage is the new VNC connect system which we will have to migrate to at some point.

Also, as a recommendation, I think realVNC need to improve on point to point comm encryption and advertise same as an asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RealVNC in itself is a superb tool for IT Support of any company. However, I have not yet decided upon the new way, aka VNC Connect. For one, realVNC does use the internet/cloud but rather the internal corporate network. In the industry I am currently working, cloud is a no-go for the moment and realVNC suits our need to a T. It is just perfect.

1st line computer support is our primary concerns.

The ability to visualise the end-users' screen is essential and using realvnc is a major advantage.

It enables us to be more efficient and is a huge time-saver.

VNC Connect review by Alfonso M.
Alfonso M.

"Bueno para conexiones remotas, pero un poco desactualizado"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor es su simplicidad. Ocupa muy poco espacio, tiene las opciones justas de configuración pero suficientes para su función. Opción de conexión invisible y muy buena estabilidad durante la conexión. Es gratuito.

What do you dislike?

La transferencia de ficheros y el ser obligatorio abrir puertos en el router para un funcionamiento óptimo. Tambien no se ajusta muchas veces bien a todas las resoluciones de pantalla y cuando existe pantalla doble, es un poco complicado de moverse por la conexión.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buena opción, aunque prefiero AnyDesk y Team Viewer por el tema de no tener que abrir puertos.

En cualquier caso, recomendado.

Obviamente, antes teníamos que ayudar a los clientes por teléfono o visitándolos. Con VNC podemos dar solución simplemente conectando al momento, ahorrando tiempo al cliente y a la empresa.

VNC Connect review by Drew G.
Drew G.

"Great remote access option for Linux"

What do you like best?

I am easily able to connect to Linux systems both locally and through the cloud. The cost is reasonable enough for buying a la carte, too.

What do you dislike?

I wish the pricing per-machine was a bit lower, as I would consider a large scale deployment if it were.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a good option if you are interested in connecting remotely

I need to have graphical remote access via the cloud to Linux systems deployed in client sites. I've evaluated alternatives like TeamViewer, but RealVNC was the most cost-effective.

VNC Connect review by Robert K.
Robert K.

"VNC Connect - Home version"

What do you like best?

Absolutely the most convenient and reliable remote connections. Ease of use across various device platforms. Never had any connectivity or lag issues. Where other remote programs cause distorted or rearranged desktops, REALVNC has no issues at all.

What do you dislike?

I wouldn't say I have dislikes, but there is always room for continious improvement. Personally, I struggle with the android phone app virtual keyboard/mouse control, but that goes for any app, not just REALVNC.

Immediate remote connectivity allows me to respond and monitor ASAP. This is a huge benefit to keeping downtime to a minimum.

VNC Connect review by Robert "Bob" W.
Robert "Bob" W.

"Quality product, solid connection via cloud and internal network."

What do you like best?

I really like that the cloud access has been added to the product, it works well without difficulties connecting. Policies for access control apply easily.

What do you dislike?

The cloud key assignment if run more than once, causes the address book to fill with duplicate machines causing it to be filled past subscription level. There is no way to script deletion of these additional objects, or delete them in groups. This makes scripting the deployment more complicated.

This allows us to finally have a solid solution to support remote users off VPN. Giving us the opportunity to finally support individuals with VPN issues and other problems.

VNC Connect review by Jerry S.
Jerry S.

"Long time Logmein user moves to Real VNC"

What do you like best?

We use Enterprise Device to work on a downstate client's accounting program and print reports remotely to my location. We find the ability to connect to the client without having to contact the client first very convenient. The connection is fast and responsive.

We also use Professional to assist clients with accounting and support using the instant support method. The program works without leaving programs on the client's machine and is easy to tell client how to connect and the it works very well.

We were very happy with logmein but the $149 program has increase to $1100 a year.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I dislike at this time

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a reasonable way to support you customer needs jump right in.

Quick and efficient methods of supporting our client's on a timely basis.

VNC Connect review by Lyle H.
Lyle H.

"Cloud Server Administration Access"

What do you like best?

() Security () Automatic startup with server reboot () Full remote control of servers

What do you dislike?

Nothing stands out except perhaps management of remote server screen attributes

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want reliable secure remote control of servers /computers, choosing VNC is a no brainer!

I use VNC connect to manage our cloud servers. At certain times remote desktop access to the servers becomes unstable or not accessible. This can happen when a server reboots for instance. I can then take control of the cloud server using VNC and diagnose and fix the issue(s).

VNC Connect review by Jason G.
Jason G.

"Wonderful IT support."

What do you like best?

What I like best about this software is the ability for our "remote" IT department to take control of my local computer to diagnose computer related issues. The software also supports encryption so I know the remote connection is secure. Since the software allows for the remote user to "see" my screen, they can make work to diagnose my problems. There is also a chat feature so we can talk to each other. I also like the file transfer capabilities of this software.

What do you dislike?

I wish the software supported sound. It would be easier to talk to the remote person instead of relying on the chat feature which has to be typed. I wish you see a list of all computers on the network instead of having to type in the IP address. Sometimes user and not savvy enough to know where to look for their IP address to give to the remote person to access their computer. I wish the software would all connections to to Apple iOS and Android devices. Sometimes our issues deal with these systems, so having IT be able to remotely access those devices would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is a must have for a company's IT department. It will save the company time and resources when dealing with IT support.

Because our IT department personnel can remotely access local computers on our network, computer related problems are easily taken care of, therefore, saving costs and time spent dealing with computer issues.

VNC Connect review by Sidney V.
Sidney V.

"Easy to Use and Affordable"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use and affordable. I have it set up for use at a client who needs to always be connected to another computer. I've never seen a loss of connectivity.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I didn't like was a lack of remote printing. But at the time of this review they are still working on this feature, so it's possible that that could change soon.

Since we need to be able to access an inventory system quickly, remoting into a dedicated computer at another location is much easier. The best benefit is having a window into the other computer that is clear as if I was there in person.

VNC Connect review by Patrick K.
Patrick K.

"Fantastic Product and it works great"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and available on many different platforms. This product allow us to have plenty of flexibility. The administration for a corporate deployment allows us plenty of manageability.

What do you dislike?

Secure Communication is a little tough to get setup sometimes. We configured Group Policy to deploy and these setups were a bit outdated and hard to accomplish. Once we go the configuration completed it was fantastic. The licensing has a few oddities but also we were able to deploy and get it resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you like it.

Remove help desk support. Easy to gain access to end users to trouble shoot issues. This allows our helpdesk staff to quickly and easily see live views of end users desktop. A Picture is worth a 1000 works and this is very true when helping end users.

VNC Connect review by Joel L.
Joel L.

"Good Product for SMB Service Level"

What do you like best?

The local server setup easily allows for quick, secure access to your account and subsequent machines. interface is straight forward, organized, and easy to navigate. Connections are strong and do not drop, as wth some other SMB solutions. Pricing structure is consistent wth SMB budgetary limitations, while allowing them some of the extended services that would otherwise be limited to enterprise- level businesses with greater resources for licensing..

What do you dislike?

While setup and connections to workstations are smooth and efficient, server installations are problematic, leaving you the only option of remote access to workstations with RDP to internal servers from there. Even after extensive work on the internet provider router and server restrictions, access is still a problem and remains elusive. Support from VNC has been poor on this topic.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Workstation setup and access is seemless, however, really research how you will configure the server/s that you will need to access remotely, as the same, simply and fast install for workstations is NOT the case for server installations and configurations. Pricing is great and very competitive, and the feel and workability of the product is solid.

VNC has provided a stable alternative, cost- effective solutions for clients looking away from logmein products, due to recent, dramatic licensing increases. It allows for consistent remote access for Sys admin functions, remote desktop issues resolutions, access for windows and third party patching, as well as the basics; as the client is installed locally and works almost effortlessly on workstation application, remote assistance is literally seconds away, instead of a clunky download, then install, then connection and access granting process. With all this handled in the initial setup, VNC works smooth as glass.

VNC Connect review by Brian L.
Brian L.

"Reliable and secure"

What do you like best?

The reliability of connection and speed once connected.

What do you dislike?

Too secure sometimes - I did have an issue that required my backup keys but I could not find them. RealVNC support helped out very quickly and securely to get me back online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The subscription is well worth it - not worth trying to go free. The ease of use, speed and security is well worth the subscription.

Ability to connect to a remote resource when on site and out of the office. Saves time in the field and reduces site re-visits.

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Reliable and elegant"

What do you like best?

When my previous remote login provider raised their prices, I started looking for alternatives. VNC was suggested and I started a 30 day trial. From the start, VNC worked very well. It is fast and reliable. The iPhone app also allows me to remote in when away from the office. Highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

Well, I don't have any real dislikes but I suppose it could be less expensive. It would be nice if the server screen could optionally be blanked when remoting in. For all I know I can do this already, just haven't looked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the 30 day trial.

The main solved problem is the ability for me to remote in to machines at the office to quickly troubleshoot and fix issues. This is especially useful for servers.

VNC Connect review by Geoffrey H.
Geoffrey H.

"Just what I needed"

What do you like best?

This has become an important part of my service to my clients. I have a Rapsberry Pi on each client network and VNC Connect makes it easy for me to connect to their networks and troubleshoot. Works great from my Linux desktop or from my Android phone.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention. Configuration was easy and it works perfectly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think it is the easiest solution I have found to connecting to my nodes.

Being able to access networks and troubleshoot.

VNC Connect review by Bobby W.
Bobby W.

"Love it... makes my "tech" life so much easier"

What do you like best?

with all of our users being "remote" there is nothing better to use to offer our support to them.

What do you dislike?

the ability to upgrade the remote users more efficiently

Recommendations to others considering the product

my recommendation would be to give VNC a try.. it's extremely easy to setup and "test" and would be willing to bet that your "test" will turn into a full Production environment before the testing is completed. your users will be sold on it.. your management will be sold on the support of the product, the ease of learning, and the enhanced capabilities your support staff will have.

we are able to solve those "my computer doesn't work right" questions by being able to remote into their machine and have the user show us what is going on

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace
Administrator in Aviation & Aerospace

"I use it constantly"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, and there always seems to be a way to get it loaded on whatever we need to access. Additionally, being able to whip out my phone and handle everything is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I'd like the deployment tool to be a little more verbose in it's activities. I'd like to hand it off to a junior tech, but the errors reported back need more details. General errors could have a small explanation like: System unreachable - most likely the Firewall is active, or the Remote registry service is not running.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The company is responsive, and the software works very well. They are frequently pushing updates and just about every platform out there.

We use it constantly for end user support, and I use it for remote access support from my iPhone. Being able to fire up a view outside of the OS display layer makes it more compatible with many of our applications that would fail in an RDP scenario.

VNC Connect review by Cole T.
Cole T.

"A 10 Year User"

What do you like best?

I travel all over the world and need to be able do conduct business from anywhere. That usually means an iPhone or iPad. I love that RealVNC allows me to do this.

What do you dislike?

That the connection drops when I'm on the iPhone and am switching between programs. Apparently the iOS controls this and there's nothing to be done about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use and cross platform.

I can do almost anything remotely with an iPhone.

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Ease of use and "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to connect to any client and that you don't need to get the client to allow access or sharing of his or her screen. File copying is easy and works flawlessly. Nice secure connection is pretty quick. I like the use of the address book to manage all connections and passwords/IPs.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the rendering of the client's screen is slow and connection can lag a bit while launching certain applications. You have to physically install the VNC server on the client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that is easy to setup, use and to control helping your business to accomplish what you need done in a quick timeframe.

Troubleshooting software issues and transferring any software files that could be missing. There are many benefits that are realized by using VNC especially where our unit doesn't have to physically go to where the person is having the issue on his or her computer. People using the client can see how we fix the issue if it is a simple enough fix. Therefore, they can execute the fix in the future.

VNC Connect review by User in Computer Networking
User in Computer Networking

"Awesome software"

What do you like best?

Real VNC is a remote access software used to connect any remote machines, servers, virtual controllers etc

Its easy to use on Windows, MacOS and any UNIX/Linux based operating systems

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about this awesome software. Probably I would say supporting IPv6 remote access would be an added advantage in the coming days

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC Connect is one of the best remote access software tool which is used in most of the software companies nowadays in day to day business. Since most of the software companies has branches in different countries/continent, and each location people might need to remote access the machines/server of another branch devices, VNC connect is very easy to use and also fulfills the requirements for the end user. I would definately recommend using VNC connect/viewer to anybody who is looking for a similar tool and you wont regret exploring this awesome tool !!

VNC connect is very much helpfull in our day to day software testing. We are able to remotely access server,machines,VM (virtual machines) that are far off in different geographical location. Its very fast, no hassle and easy to use for any new end user

VNC Connect review by User

"Software de conexión remota a máquinas de usuarios"

What do you like best?

La rapidez y sencillez para la conexión a máquinas de otros usuarios y prestar asistencia remota sin tener que desplazarse físicamente, sobre todo cuando nuestra empresa cuenta con sedes en diversas localizaciones en la ciudad. También se integra con el directorio activo, con lo cual se puede instalar en remoto en todas las máquinas con los mismo permisos de acceso en todos los clientes

What do you dislike?

No existe un gestor de libretas de direcciones y las conexiones tienen que hacerse a través de la IP de los usuarios. La transferencia de archivos de gran tamaño en ocasiones falla y hay que reintarlo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilizar la funcionalidad de instalación por directorio activo en todos los usuarios para tener disponible su conexión en cualquier momento

Asistencia remota de soporte a usuarios que están en un lugar geográfico remoto de nuestra oficina

VNC Connect review by Peter P.
Peter P.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use & reliable. Works well over slow satellite link.

What do you dislike?

I am very happy with the product. Could be a little but easier to initially setup but have not had to touch it since.

I provide support to a very remote location which relies on two way satellite for internet connection. Real VNC works extremely well over this sometimes unresponsive link.

VNC Connect review by Victor H.
Victor H.

"The right product for our needs."

What do you like best?

Pricing beat what brand x was offering.

What do you dislike?

Priceing for users in blocks of 5. Six costs the same as 10. Also dislike review software forcing long winded answers which waste my time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep in mind licenses come in blocks of 5

Subject matter experts needed occasional access to one or more of 4 pc's. For maybe an hour, once or twice a month. No way to determine which one they would need to read. LogMeIn and equivalent were priced like we were going to be on 24x7. Very reliable and quick connections easy to use.

VNC Connect review by Michael H.
Michael H.

"A great way to work remotely "

What do you like best?

VNC saved me tons of hours of commuting by being able to work on my company computers from the comfort of my home and run my business as if I am physically there. All that with an affordable cost and easy set up.

What do you dislike?

A bit worried about the safety of the new VNC connect as I am now connecting through the cloud (through a third party) as apposed to direct connection in the earlier version. However the new VNC connect makes the set up easier as you don’t have to worry the technicality of port forwarding on the router.

Comfort, time saving, and training.

VNC Connect review by Leo K.
Leo K.

"Excellent app "

What do you like best?

It’s fast and secure. Continent online sign on for managing different connections.

What do you dislike?

Some functions of network apps on remote computer is not working properly while connecting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have you want fast, secure, reliable connection to your remote system

The main solution for me and my coworkers is to have fast and secure connection to our remote pcs or network. We have successfully replaced the outdated PC anywhere.

VNC Connect review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Great remote desktop tool"

What do you like best?

Lightweight. Easy to install. Works great even across different networks.

What do you dislike?

If you manage a lot of machines 50+, the way they are organized by IP address can be confusing. Would be better if you can group them by department

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap, easy to use, lightweight.

User are able to play a multitude of video formats with one lightweight program.

VNC Connect review by Dr. Ron R.
Dr. Ron R.

"Remote Computer Access.... VNC Viewer is amazing"

What do you like best?

VNC is simple and offers perfect remote viewing of the off site computer.

Remote Printing is flawless and works much better than when I was with LogMeIn

Much less expensive and in fact you cannot beat the price! Mobile App is terrific and allows 100% access 24/7

What do you dislike?

NONE... No complaints what so ever and in fact even better... without remote printing, I believe it is FREE

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just install and love this software and mobile app as well

VNC allows me to check stats and appointments though PC platforms via internet and or mobile which is awesome

VNC Connect review by Michael G.
Michael G.

"Best tool to connect with Mac desktops remotely"

What do you like best?

I use Real VNC's VNC Connect to access a number of Mac systems remotely, including one that is head-less. Accessing from both other Macs and from iOS devices, VNC Connect is the simplest and quickest way to do this in a secure manner. The ability to easily control a Mac desktop from the small screen of an iPhone is one of the main reasons I highly recommend this software.

What do you dislike?

The change from a stand-alone product to a cloud-centric product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and see if it meets your needs. I believe there is a free trial, or at least there once was.

Remote access. Remote system management and administration.

VNC Connect review by Mark A.
Mark A.

"It just works and the price is amazing"

What do you like best?

I love the price compared to the other providers and the features with regard to user and groups is great.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that i have found that i don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product and excellent price.

We have five users who work from Home part of the week and RealVNC made it a breeze.

VNC Connect review by Administrator

"Super fast connection at a great price!"

What do you like best?

We are very impressed with the connection speed and remote screen clarity as well as the reasonable cost and the fact that it is HIPAA compliant.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a remote black screen option but was told they are working on it so hopefully it will be available soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tested out Teamviewer, Splashtop, and Chrome Remote Desktop and found that VNC beat them all in both functionality and cost.

I am able to work remotely on my business computer and sometimes forget i'm using a remote computer because the speed is so fast!

"Fine-grained licensing"

What do you like best?

If you want to be a honest soul and pay for commercial usage, VNC Connect allows you to pay a reasonable low price for exactly the services you need.

What do you dislike?

The Linux client lacks some features of the Windows client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other products with similar functionality but very different licensing models. Choose wisely.

It happens infrequently that I want to reach my office PC at work from home, be it to work during a flu epidemic or weather situations that lead to cancelled trains, be it to do specific tasks outside of regular working hours.

VNC Connect review by Administrator

"Great product for remote connectivity"

What do you like best?

VNC is very easy to set up, to connect and reasonably priced. GUI is great .. and device management easy as well

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about the product for our particular use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product! Buy it and see for yourself. Website made purchase and setup easy

The benefits for us is how easy it was to set up and use for our operators and the time saved as compared to competition

When we need to connect to our system, it has to be quick and seamless... VNC performs

VNC Connect review by Raul M.
Raul M.

"Awsome Tool"

What do you like best?

The ability to work remotely and lighting quick connection make this tool a must have!

What do you dislike?

Setting up a "Direct Connection" does take a bit of tech savvy. The instructions provided are adequate but could be better. Had to research a bit to finally make it work.

We run a tax service business and after taxes are over we open the office by appointment only. VNC Connect allows me to assist our clients remotely saving me valuable time by not having to drive our location to meet a client.

VNC Connect review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Simple and Reliable"

What do you like best?

Reliability and ease of use is a must. I have used RealVNC as far back as I can remember and couldn't think of using another product.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Hm, still nothing. Yeah, I got nuttin.

I monitor all the jobs and processes on a middle tier data warehouse and the ability to remote into my desktop is a must. I also used it in the past to log onto web and data servers to kick off jobs or monitor their behavior. It's ease of use, stability and reliability for me has made RealVNC an absolute necessity in my toolbox.

VNC Connect review by Rob H.
Rob H.

"Great seamless way to have access to PC/Server/VM/Pi"

What do you like best?

The clients cover a vast selection of operating systems. This is what I love most about RealVNC. I have the flexibility to use it on OSX, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi. RealVNC also has a 10 machine home user license which is great !

What do you dislike?

The home user license should be available via the web page.

Real flexibility across systems with reasonable licensing costs.

VNC Connect review by Ieva R.
Ieva R.

"An easy access wherever you are"

What do you like best?

I liked that I could connect to my main work computer and use the necessarily programs to complete my job.

What do you dislike?

It felt a bit hard to maneuver using my iPad or iPhone but I felt like it was the devices fault and not VNC Connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You would need to get used to maneuvering around using a small screen but once you do, it becomes much easier.

I was able to access a desktop software application using my phone when I was on the go.

VNC Connect review by User in Information Technology and Services

"VNC Connect"

What do you like best?

VNC Connect gives me the ability to connect to my computers anywhere - internally and externally. I have been a long time Real VNC user and this version has expanded the ways in which I am able to use it.

What do you dislike?

About the only thing that I have found so far that I dislike is the price. Going forward, after the introductory price, it will get really expensive. I will have to seriously evaluate if the added functionality is worth the step cost associated with Connect, or if I need to revert back to the simple connections inside my network.

Recommendations to others considering the product

So far, so good. I used it for a month as a trial and decided to move forward with the Connect version. I have used Real VNC for quite a few years now (almost 10) and am happy with the new functionality that Connect provides.

With VNC Connect I am able to access the systems that I manage from anywhere - and it is easy! With this version I am not limited to only systems inside my network. I am able to log in and help users from anywhere, even if I am not at work.

VNC Connect review by Oscar M.
Oscar M.

"VNC Change my Life"

What do you like best?

Best thing of VNC is the multiplatform ability, I use it to connect windows to windows, or windows to linux, for several platforms, it's is simple awesome. Also I really love the support for those small details like copy passwords, small files, details and info transparent from my pc to the remote machine, as also the ability to use remote printers.

What do you dislike?

There are few things I dislike, maybe the most representative was when the free version expired, and I did not get chance enough to keep testing, but in general is awesome.

Usually in my job I need vnc to connect to specific devices that only support vnc connections, which at this point is awesome because I got the bridge between my windows system and the linux that comes with those speciflc devices/

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"The Swiss Army Knife of Remote Access"

What do you like best?

I've used RealVNC for years. It's always worked for me really well. I especially like that it's cross-platform. I use Windows, Mac a Linux, so it's nice to be able to move among the three easily. Setup is easy and performance is crisp. Oh, and the price is right!

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything. It really does exactly what I want it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version first to check it out. It's really inexpensive, though.

Accessing my work computer from home, and vice versa.

VNC Connect review by Rick C.
Rick C.

"This is the one you've been looking for"

What do you like best?

Whether in a small or larger network, this software is ideal.

What do you dislike?

nothing so far and I've been using it for quite awhile

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth every penny

monitoring (silently) users activities, taking control in a shared desktop, to help walk users through steps and with the right network configuration, remote control from anywhere

VNC Connect review by Liat K.
Liat K.

"Easy to use, great support team and overall just a great product! "

What do you like best?

I like how easy and stable the system is.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I don't like, really. the system is great

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Our finances (billing, reports etc.) are all being managed in one computer, and more than 4 people have access to this computer using VNC which makes it really easy.

VNC Connect review by Javed A.
Javed A.

"Reliable software with no probelms"

What do you like best?

The fact that we can rely on this software to work without any issues. Good quality "remote" picture and very little lag.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer it to have better multi-screen support. Also it would be good if it could wake the source computer if it's sleeping. I need to prevent my main computer from sleeping in order to ensure I can access t.

Remote access to my computer and network in emergencies when I'm not able to be in front of my desktop computer

VNC Connect review by Adam W.
Adam W.

"RealVNC is easy to use and works great"

What do you like best?

The software was easy to install and performs great

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that we do not like about the software

We have a single computer that runs our printer but multiple team members that send jobs to the printer. RealVNC allows us to work together efficiency.

VNC Connect review by Matthew Antony S.
Matthew Antony S.

"Original deployment and upgrade experience"

What do you like best?

Faultless, effective performance. Strong deployment options using GPO and thorough documentation.

What do you dislike?

Logging options appear to be lacking, or perhaps need further documentation. Ideally I would like a way to trigger notifications and/or logs whenever connections are made, for auditing purposes. Event logs are entered but tallying them is cumbersome.

Remote user support. Aside from IT we have several other departments using Viewer (in enforced read-only mode) to support their products which offloads work from IT and allows them to take ownership more effectively.

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Computer & Network Security
Administrator in Computer & Network Security

"VNC Connect is the way to go!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use and setup. Cloud connections make it simple to setup without having to setup firewall rules.

What do you dislike?

I can't really think of anything that I dislike in particular.

I purchased the instant support "addon" along with just having access to my servers. I love the instant support for client computers when someone is having an issue too complicated to walk them through over the phone. And the basic ability to log into my servers (and computers at home) on a whim is great.

VNC Connect review by Lisa H.
Lisa H.

"Why I love VNC!"

What do you like best?

VNC Connect gives me the ability to telecommute with ease! The set up was easy and when I did have questions at the beginning, the sales and tech support folks were awesome!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike! The software was easy to install and has never let me down to date!

We are not experiencing any problems with VNC Connect. The benefits are that I can at anytime log in to my PC at work whenever I need to! Living in another state has its challenges and VNC gives me peace of mind!

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"VNC is ideally priced to minimise financial wastage"

What do you like best?

I like the way VNC has priced its products, I can add a computer to my premium account at any given time and enjoy the discounts offered in the next tier if I reached the threshold.

What do you dislike?

I would like to open multiple windows in tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't waste time shopping for a better remote desktop application.

VNC has cut down on our traveling expenses where we needed to travel to other stores to train our colleagues.

"Great Tool"

What do you like best?

Speed. Its faster to use than other remote support options

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Only gripe could be the need to invite users rather than just share an ID and pass but that is also a better security optuion

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it an see. Its a few more steps to setup but nothing hard and worth the work.

Remote connections to a Mac device by multiple users. We are able to invite only those we wish to share with.

VNC Connect review by Over R.
Over R.

"The main tool to provide iIT helpdesk"

What do you like best?

the simple way to use it. The IP or the hostname to connect is really simple.

What do you dislike?

Unsupport for Single Sign On on Android or iPad devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

A simple way to conect in remote way to other computers.

IT HelpDesk. We can help IT users around the country from just one site.

VNC Connect review by Dean M.
Dean M.

"Reliable Supports Every Platform We Care About"

What do you like best?

Easy setup and platform support. Cloud enrollment is a breeze. And we love two factor authentication. Plus the price it totally reasonable

What do you dislike?

Always prefer to buy software and then have maintaince for that software

Remote support of 500 tablet based POS devices

VNC Connect review by Adrián A.
Adrián A.

"Perfect for remote connections"

What do you like best?

It is a very helpful software which allows to view and control a desktop or server computer, and it is multi platform so it is quiet versatile.

What do you dislike?

Real VNC is not a very user-friendly tool that any user can start and give you access to their machines. it is not new-user friendly, but it does not mean that it is difficult to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

RealVNC is not for everyone, it requires a much deeper understanding of networking and computers. RealVNC is perfect for administrators needing to gain access to machines.

RealVNC allows administrators to gain remote access to end users machines from anywhere and from any supported operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac, UNIX.) Also unlike some other VNC tools, RealVNC comes with both server and client.

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Marktführer"

What do you like best?

Ich benutze RealVNC, weil es einfach zu benutzen ist und ich auch über das Handy auf alle Rechner zugreifen kann. Dies ist bei mir wichtig, da ich geschäftlich viel unterwegs bin und so bei Fragen meiner Mitarbeiter sofort weiterhelfen kann.

What do you dislike?

Leider ist der Preis für 5 Rechner etwas hoch angesetzt. Ansonsten kann ich nicht meckern.

Wie weiter oben schon erwähnt kann ich von unterwegs alle Probleme am PC lösen und habe dies auch schon häufig erfolgreich verwendet.

VNC Connect review by Allan E.
Allan E.

"RealVNC = Real Value"

What do you like best?

The ease of getting it set up. Another added benefit was the cost of a five year subscription was far less then when I was paying for a one year subscription to the company I was using.

What do you dislike?

Haven’t found anything that I haven’t liked yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this program a try and I am sure that you will make the switch.

This allows me to connect securely to my work computers from home so that updates can be pushed after hours.

"Excellent Experience"

What do you like best?

I am able to monitor my production line and my software located at the production facility from the comfort of my own home, or on the go through the mobile application.

What do you dislike?

There are absolutely no dislikes I can come up with in relation to RealVNC Viewer & Server

We are monitoring our in-house software live from our office and keeping an eye on our production constantly. Doing this we have been able to save upwards of $2000 weekly,

VNC Connect review by Ren R.
Ren R.

"Need to connect to another desktop remotely? You need to use RealVNC"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup and stability of RealVNC is what I like best A single installer can install both the server and viewer application.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything to dislike about RealVNC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend using the trial version for a feel of the product.

I can support workstations throughout the city. The university I work for has numerous campuses and without the realiability of RealVNC, workstations and servers would require a lot of travel time.

VNC Connect review by José M V.
José M V.

"My go to remote desktop utility for Linux"

What do you like best?

Easy setup, it has many advanced features you can configure and get yourself up and running in a matter of minutes! Cross platform compatibility is another plus about this software. It will let you print through machines, which is the best option, so far.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay up for the mobile version, that's a downside for me, yet some people still don't care and use buy it. Sometimes can be a pain to configure, if you're new to remote desktop protocols you might bump into some walls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something free to configure your remote desktop enviroment, you should take a look at RealVNC, it's solid, legit and full of functionalities.

Remote desktop connections, that summarizes it.

VNC Connect review by User

"Excellent support for keyboard hotkeys"

What do you like best?

If you are a developer and use a mix of platforms at home/work then you really expect your keyboard shortcuts to act as if you were connected directly to your remote computer. RealVNC makes this possible.

What do you dislike?

Rendering of remote content can be a bit sluggish compared to other remoting tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need your keyboard hotkeys to work across platforms then RealVNC is the way to go.

Connect to my software development work computer from home