VNC Connect

VNC Connect

4.7

VNC Connect enables you to remotely access and control your devices wherever you are in the world, whenever you need to. VNC has a widespread user base from individuals to the world's largest multi-national companies utilizing the technology for a range of applications.

Work for VNC Connect?

Learning about VNC Connect?

VNC Connect Reviews

Ask VNC Connect a Question
VNC Connect review by Administrator

"Super fast connection at a great price!"

What do you like best?

We are very impressed with the connection speed and remote screen clarity as well as the reasonable cost and the fact that it is HIPAA compliant.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a remote black screen option but was told they are working on it so hopefully it will be available soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I tested out Teamviewer, Splashtop, and Chrome Remote Desktop and found that VNC beat them all in both functionality and cost.

I am able to work remotely on my business computer and sometimes forget i'm using a remote computer because the speed is so fast!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VNC Connect
Showing 224 VNC Connect reviews
VNC Connect review by John E.
John E.
View Original

"Easy and robust."

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about VNC Connect
VNC Connect review by Marina S.
Marina S.

"clear design, fast service, stable, fair prices"

What do you like best?

The clear useabilty is one of the most things i love at realvnc. IĀ“ve switched from another application and i Ā“m very pleased with it. This at lower pricepoint is a huge timesaver every day.

Because of my differnt plattforms i know that itĀ“s a big point. that all works without crashing.I donĀ“t like, that i had to pay for my additional private Rasperry piĀ“s wich are only for smart home .

It feels on my i Pad like a windows / Full Mac experience, so that this takes the 12.9 iPad to the next level of using. What is really usefull is that after the session the workstation is not log out like my last solution. This a the next timesaver wich i really love.

What do you dislike?

itĀ“s almost perfect for me, but i only use it for about 3 Computer in a small business.I donĀ“t like, that i had to pay for my additional private Rasperry piĀ“s wich are only for smart home .

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, itĀ“s really timesaving

I use it for a ceantral printing station and on the road to get connected with my mac.

Even on my iPad Pro 12.9 it is a great advandtage to get connected and work really well on my Mac, not even for emergency puposes.

This is a much less expensive solution against buying my printing software 3 Times if i use it only once semmless.

What Remote Desktop solution do you use?

VNC Connect review by Hector L.
Hector L.

"Excellent software for remote desktop access"

What do you like best?

I just purchased a Professional year subscription and love the easy way to work with RVNC, for sure I recommend it 100% for remote desktop access. I like it to be secure, very easy to use and offers a very fast connection to my office PC's Desktop.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the software tell me that RVNC is not currently istening for Cloud connections and I have to ask someone to close and reopen the VNC Server in my office's PC and the problem is solved, but hope there is an update that can solve that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check prices, security and reliability of all the possible suppliers and you will see that RVNC is the best option, It is ver easy to use and runs very smoothly. If you want a reliable, secure and fast remote desktop connection software, RVNC is for you.

I connect to my office computer from home or business trips with my laptop.

I don't have to be at my office or call a colleague to get information from my PC, I can easily connect to it via RVNC and get the information I need right away.

VNC Connect review by Daniel F.
Daniel F.

"Great but could always use some work"

What do you like best?

The ability to connect to users in a separate office via the internet with no tunnels needed between offices. Also love the team view of all my machines with the ability to rename them. Saving passwords is nice as well with the new viewer. Also the interface seems to be a bit more modern which is always nicer on the eyes yet everything is still easy to access.

What do you dislike?

I dont like that the new VNC connect/viewer perfers the WAN connection over a LAN connection. Have many machines on a LAN and also a MPLS connection that used to go over those pipes instead of going out to the internet and then connecting to the remote machine that way. Also i wish the VNC viewer was bundled with VNC Connect so that we could just install one package on each machine opposed to 2. It is nice for our users to have the viewer on their PC in case im on their machine and need to login to another machine from that users desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Way better and easier to use than other solutions that provide RDS services over the web. This allows for local and remote use without the need of tunnels between offices. Also opposed to RDS, the user can see what you are doing which makes remote support much much easier.

We had an office in PCB FL USA that was hit hard by the last storm. We were unable to get an internet connection with static/public IP addresses so VNC Connect fixed the remote support problem by using the internet for VNC and not relying on direct connections.

VNC Connect review by Josh C.
Josh C.

"No other remote desktop app compares VNC Connect"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to use user interface. Reliable connection and easy cloud & lan set up.

What do you dislike?

Some of the simple changes are classed as "expert" and overly difficult to locate. For example changing which monitor/screen you want to display on remote screen, while not too difficult to do, would be something that I would like to do more readily, as a quicker menu option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is no better remote desktop software in my opinion. It's versatile, easily scalable and comes with a ton of useful features.

Remote control of our screen A/V system. Allows anyone to connect to the system internally or externally to the network and troubleshoot issues easily and readily. We have a comms room with multiple mac mini's in the distribute images to projection, TV screens around the building and to our IMAG system. We can connect from anywhere in the centre to amend, control and set up images. Without this we'd spend all day running between locations to make simple changes. Quite simply, it's saved hours of my life!

VNC Connect review by Ian W.
Ian W.

"Excelent Remote service."

What do you like best?

With Real Vnc I can tap into my work from home without actually bringing it home with me. I design large CAD assemblies that require a lot of space. Trying to transfer files from one system to the next is time consuming. With Real Vnc I just log into my system and I'm off and running right where I left off. No hassles to deal with.

What do you dislike?

I can't say there is much to dislike about the software. It's user friendly and simple to access either from home or on the go with the mobile app. Now if I could utilize my space mouse from my remote computer that would set this software on top.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend this product if you are looking for a secure remote software.

Being able to pick up my work right where I left off is the best part about it. Like I said before, large files don't transfer easily so Real Vnc makes things much more managable.

VNC Connect review by Doug B.
Doug B.

"VNC Works and is Affordable"

What do you like best?

The product works and is affordable. Being able to respond to a request for help by opening up a VNC Connect session is priceless. No more unnecessary travel to the client's location for a 5 minute solution. Being able to have multiple sessions running simultaneously greatly improves efficiency.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much has come up that I don't like.

I started using VNC Connect last year when a client I had been working for a while needed more support as well as the ability to allow their staff to work remotely on occasion. I looked into the competition along with VNC Connect. I found that for providing remote support which includes installing software, managing updates and subscriptions as well as instruction VNC had all the features I needed and and had robust administration tools. All of my requirements have been fulfilled by VNC Connect. On top of satisfying the client, I also found VNC Instant Support would solve my own needs for supporting occasional and new clients.

VNC Connect review by Aaron G.
Aaron G.

"Great Remote Service software for a great price!!!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can connect to a clients device and leave NO program besides a disposable .exe file. So far itā€™s proved to be a very efficient program and super easy to use. It gets passed firewalls when I remote from work using my phone and connects fairly fast. I love the program aka Viewer how it gives you your internal computers then allows you to instantly support others up to three devices and cross platform. Beautiful website but complex.

What do you dislike?

The website was kinda of confusing as others have said I just contacted the sales team and they gave me the break down that CONNECT is the Server that administers the connection but it runs in the background and the VIEWER is the one that you would use to actually connect/see other devices and connect either internally or via instant support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your looking for an affordable and reliable Remote Service for either Personal or Business get Real VNC. It would be your best decision possible since making your business or small start up.

Itā€™s simple to guide people to download the disposable app and then to connect to my clients. Iā€™m solving issues from cleaning out OSā€™s to being connected for literally half a day to solve an Office installation via 365 problem.

VNC Connect review by Aaron Chaim D.
Aaron Chaim D.

"Very user friendly system"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is very easy to set up and use. the prices are very competitive and affordable compared to their competition. I tested four other systems over a three month period and RealVNC came out tops on all counts.

Support is really good, they come back to you usually same day or quickly the next day.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the way it ummm well, the only thing i can think of is when logging in to a computer with multiple monitors. It treats them as one big screen. Besides that, nothing to not like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!!! The pricing structure is great, as you pay per computer and not per connection. It is good value for money.

If you're connecting to a PC with two or more screens, you may have to disable one of them, as it can get confusing. That is unless your two screens are the same size.

I work for a few clients and can't be everywhere at the same time, so i need to log in to a client from another client's office or from home.. It's perfect for that. I have saved travel time and am able to give answers to people much quicker.

VNC Connect review by Oscar A.
Oscar A.

"The right tools, the right price"

What do you like best?

I work from home, as many of you do. It seemes like companies have systematically decided to ignore this reality and they try to push remote control systems with a bunch of useless features and put a super expensive price tag. VNC connect does not do this, it gives you a fair price with the tools you need to work from home without so much clutter. I love how logical the UI is, that I can separate my home-use account from my work account, and how configurable is.

What do you dislike?

The speed of the remote connection can be improved, I wouldl ike to see different screen in different windows and remote blank screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are considering VNC to replace Teamviewer or the ilogically priced LogmeIn, do it. You might think the 1-window-2-screens is complicated, it isnt. The window scales perfectly when maximized (as long as both your screens are the same size) It is worth the change, and after a few days using it you will love it

Working from home to connect to my company computer so that I don't need to bring anything from my office to my home desktop, I can simply close VNC and I'm back to my work-free enviroment.

It lets me connect from any device, even mobile, and I don't need to pay super expensive licenses for a mobile client

VNC Connect review by Nick T.
Nick T.

"Use VNC to access & use SoildWorks on my Work Computer from anywhere."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, the ease of setup, and the simple way you use REAL VNC...it is almost transparent. It is a great way to collaborate with remote consultants and sub-contractors. It is very robust and secure.

What do you dislike?

Well if there is anything to complain about REAL VNC it can be the cost. If they could reduce the cost it would definitely be appreciated. But at the same time what you get for the cost is very acceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access your work computers through a cost effective secure virtual network VNC is the application for you.

I can work from anywhere using my SolidWorks and any other programs installed on my work computer. Like wise I can be at work and my employees can work and access all the CAD files for collaboration on various projects

VNC Connect review by Larry L.
Larry L.

"Efficient Workstation Interaction on Plant Floor"

What do you like best?

Realtime screen interactions with various Windows 10 and WinCE systems from iOS devices.

Delightful connection setup experience. Computers should always be this easy to connect.

Extremely useful screen rendering and interaction. My workstation is two high definition screens wide, and this product lets me move around that information from a lightweight device as I personally move around a sprawling automation system on a plant floor.

What do you dislike?

At the RealVNC website, product choices and ordering options were hard to figure out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try the free demo! I tried several products this way, and RealVNC stood out with ease of setup, ease of use, and remarkable realtime screen information.

As an automation consultant, I work with systems that may sprawl over hundreds of square feet and may have multiple vertical levels. VNC Connect makes it possible for me to interact with my Windows 10 workstation while quickly roaming around a system carrying only an iPhone or an iPad. I can make adjustments at the control point without carrying my laptop to that location--- which I used to do!

VNC Connect review by Sander R.
Sander R.

"Remote access couldn't be easier with RealVNC."

What do you like best?

Easy to set up, multi-platform, reliable, comprehensive online user management, very fair pricing. These are just some keywords that go with RealVNC. It responds exactly to our needs without any additional clutter and having used it now for some time I would highly recommend it to everybody looking for a secure, easy and affordable remote connection solution.

What do you dislike?

For now I have not been able to find anything during our daily use that would need improvement. Keep up the good work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate! RealVNC is THE solution for your remote desktop/support needs and I would definitely recommend it over any other solution out there on the market (especially TeamViewer). If you are stuck and need their support don't worry they are very responsive.

We provide support on our products and RealVNC enables us to remotely connect to our SCADA environments to diagnose problems, control and restart our installations without the need to be physically present which can require travelling for 1000s of kms and hours of lost time. This is not only beneficial for us but for the client as well as he increases production (less downtime) and thus more operational income.

VNC Connect review by Jamie W.
Jamie W.

"Glitch free remote access"

What do you like best?

There are several things that are very good about this software. 1) It works as if you were actually on the computer, meaning it doesn't use a RDP connection. If you have specialty software that won't function using RDP (due to licensing), this is your best option. 2) Others can connect to the same system at the same time. It doesn't kick the first remote user off. This can be used for training or troubleshooting, etc. It notifies you when someone else connects. 3) There are options to allow internal connections and/or external connections. You're able to block internet users from access if you wish, and simply use it within your internal network.

What do you dislike?

If you want to use this for just remote access, the pricing structure will seem high. It would be nice to eliminate some features to reduce the cost if you're only looking for a simply remote solution. Also, the pricing is based on jump points and not per computer. It will go from one PC to three PC's as the next option. What if you only want two? Well, you end up paying for three instead.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you review all the options they offer with their pricing. If possible, contact them to see if they can custom build a package for your needs.

The reason for this software as a "solution" to our problem was a licensing limitation with Remote Desktop. This software doesn't work the same way, and allows us to access everything on the system we need to without any glitches.

VNC Connect review by Olaf H.
Olaf H.

"greatly superior remote connection software solution at reasonable price"

What do you like best?

This interface is extremely easy to use and highly intuitive, both for the technicians and for the admin staff. Admin staff has complete control over who has what level of access and to what computers. Two-factor authentication for all technician staff is very easy to add on and use. The cloud connectivity provides extremely solid (and fully encrypted) connections even over very demanding environmental conditions (e.g. a computer on a truck on a railroad in the middle of the Rocky Mountains in Canada or Mexico, in an area where the driver has no cell service). The fact that the system effectively combines the functionality of both GoToAssist (which require remote user cooperation to setup the connection) and other systems like UltraVNC (which allow direct connection with no remote user present) is also a nice money saver in the long run.

What do you dislike?

The File Transfer interface is the only non-intuitive part of the program: it makes sense from a programmer point of view but not from an end user point of view. Once one gets used to how it works, it's not at all difficult to use, and it's also not hard to see why it's implemented the way it is, but the fact that there's any learning curve to it at all is a jarring disconnect from the exceptional ease of use and simplicity of the rest of the interface - and I can think of some pretty easy ways to make it cleaner and more foolproof. (Where is RealVNC's Web site for reporting such OFIs, BTW?) My only other minor complaint is again with the file transfer interface: if the connection is broken for any reason, the transfer attempt has to be started all over from scratch. For a multi-Gb file over a spotty transmission, this can be annoying. Nevertheless, the advantages of the rest of the system far outweigh these minor inconveniences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this one! Any other comparable solution will probably require two or more products and probably won't have all of the same features. And it's hard to picture anything easier to use.

One very minor caveat: If you typically need to transfer multi-Gb files to/from remote locations, on a regular basis, then you may want to use a more specialized system for that specific purpose. (See main review for details.)

For the first time ever, we can remotely support software on a fleet of field trucks all over North America no matter where they are, while also being able to provide state of the art security for those remote connections.

VNC Connect review by Joe A.
Joe A.

"Recently switched from competitor...and I'll never go back!!!"

What do you like best?

RealVNC makes the process very simple and easy to understand. The application allows me to keep a list of all the users I need to support in my office which makes connecting much quicker. And VNC Connect is a fast and secure method of remoting into my desktop from outside of the office. What I love the best is that I can use this on Linux without any special modifications. It just works!

What do you dislike?

I have been using RealVNC and VNC Connect for some time and have not found anything I dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC Connect works with Linux, is simple to use and incredibly secure using two factor authentication. I expect that I will be a long term subscriber with RealVNC and do not ever see going anywhere else!

The problem I was trying to solve is being able to remote into my Linux desktop from the outside world. Not only does RealVNC solve this problem easily, it is also affordable!

VNC Connect review by Alice P.
Alice P.

"It just works"

What do you like best?

The software was relatively easy to set up. The interface is easy to use even across various platforms. Secure connection.

What do you dislike?

So far there isn't much I can say negatively regarding the software. If you are going the online server the connection is very easy. If you are wanting to set up a direct connection it's a little trickier, but the online information does a fairly good job at walking you through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to access your system and/or files remotely VNC makes it easy. I've even been able to access & send files from my phone... a little challenging with a small screen but being able to do it meant I had a happy client.

It allows me to be accessible regardless of my physical location. There are day's I'm unable to get to the office or access files on my work computer, but with VNC it's like I'm sitting at my desk - because I am. It's easy to use & lets me solve my clients' problems regardless of where I may be.

VNC Connect review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Really like how VNC makes it easy to help PC users in a three story building. VNC is a TIME saver!!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up and use. Great for remote support when there can't be any interruptions in the room.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything I dislike! This product is great!! I would recommend it to anyone who supports desktop users!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend that if you have to support users that aren't close to you, that you use RealVNC. It is easy to setup and use, and users love having the option if they are having computer issues during the work day.

I work for a Court, and RealVNC makes it very easy to help the courtroom clerks, bailiffs, or even Judges if they have a computer problem when Court is in session. I don't have to run up and interrupt the courtroom. I just log onto their computer, fix the problem, and they continue on without anyone in the courtroom even knowing about it.

VNC Connect review by Mario Alejandro L.
Mario Alejandro L.

"VNC Connect is Awesome!!"

What do you like best?

I love how it is cross platform works on Mac and Linux as well as Windows. I managed my VNC Connect Team on Linux it's very impressive. The price is also hard to beat compared to other competing solutions and support is also good. We have not had many issues they have a solid knowledge base. Sales was also attentive and followed up respectfully to win our business.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. The only I would say is the vnc server does not like it when a computer display is turned off but these are very minor things compared to the benefits. Also once you setup your VNC Connect 'Team' the name of machine's are set to the hostname of the machines running VNC Server and this cannot be edited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you can connect to virtually most major device platforms.

I am managing the computer systems of an entire clinic using VNC Connect and One Technician Pro license for a very good cost compared to the other competitors like team viewer and bomgar.

VNC Connect review by Jim S.
Jim S.

"ease of connection and reliability"

What do you like best?

RealVNC is "the best" in terms of connection to remote screens. So easy to use. Once you've set it up, just ask it to locate my "home" computer screen, type a long password, and I'm immediately at the remote log-in screen. Double password protection. Just what I needed. I switched over from another service that was quite a bit more expensive - have found the price to be perfect for what I need, and I don't have to buy a higher level of service than I need either.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes can't access the service, probably due to local ISP restrictions, however I always have a VPN, so occasionally I have to VPN to some other physical location, log in through RealVNC, and connect to my screen through a level of (VPN) indirection. It still works and the speed is quite reasonable.

I keep passwords and keys on "desktop" system, which I access through RealVNC rather than carry sensitive log-in information, and data, on the road with me. I also have some apps on the desktop system which I can use through remote screen. And finally, I have encrypted email which I view through programs on the desktop system, so I do not have to carry encryption keys with me on the road. (I have in the past travellled to some sensitive locations.) I appreciate even more that my VNC connections are encrypted and this status is shown to me at connection time.

VNC Connect review by Alan J.
Alan J.

"RealVNC in a small IT department"

What do you like best?

Ease of connecting to server virtual machines and physical desktops.

What do you dislike?

No dislikes really. At one point I thought we were going to be forced to use the cloud connect option but that is not the case. We use RealVNC on our LAN only which is just what we need.

I can easily manage virtual servers from my office. We integrate login with Active Directory groups to control access and privileges. The "Expert Options" allow us to configure RealVNC to suit our own needs; options such as idle timeout, automatically disconnecting users, allowing multiple connections, etc.

In addition to managing virtual servers we also use RealVNC to connect to employee desktops in order to provide technical support. This allows us to remotely connect to a user PC when they are away from their office or allow them to watch as we work on resolving an issue.

VNC Connect review by Luke S.
Luke S.

"A must have for traveling business professionals"

What do you like best?

Being able to log into my office computer from literally anywhere in the world is a dream come true. I can't emphasize enough how useful this is while on the go. And it couldn't be easier to setup.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to come up with a critique because the program truly does work so well. In fact, I can't think of a single one!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate. Your only regret will be that you didn't start using this awesome tool sooner.

I'm able to perform tasks on my office computer (such as running our print program) without physically being at the office. When an issue arises and a colleague needs my assistance, I'm able to quickly address the problem from wherever I'm at.

VNC Connect review by Richard R.
Richard R.

"VNC Connect makes remote support easy "

What do you like best?

We have been users of RealVNC for over 3 years. During that time, it has allow us to remotely connect to 1000 desktops and servers to resolve issues, install software, printers, etc., saving us many hours of driving time between sites and gives us a quicker response time to resolve issues. Without it, we would have had to hire at least one other technician. Now with VNC Connect, we can connect to desktops and servers that are not interconnected on our WAN. The software is very stable, easy to use and has many features that make remote support a snap. I also use it at home for after hours support as well. The sales and support departments, when needed, has been exceptional. Great product with a great team behind it!

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can think of that I dislike about this product. The development team seems to continue to improve this application and add new features and functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like the software and the sales and support team behind the product are exceptional. They continue to update and add features and functionality to the product,

We support 27 departments in 12 locations. With a limited number of technicians and network admins, this product save many hours of driving time for supporting our desktops and servers and gives us a faster response time, especially when we have high priority calls.

VNC Connect review by Brad C.
Brad C.

"Easy to use and light weight Remote Control Application"

What do you like best?

I have used RealVNC for many years and with the new Cloud Connect option it has become the best remote control software on the market. I use the mobile client as well as the desktop clients on Mac and PC and it's seamless across all platforms. Cloud Connect allows me to connect to my machines without the need for a VPN connection as long as the computers are online. I still have the VPN and direct connect options available if I need them.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have any negatives. They are open to suggestions which is very nice!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been using RealVNC for direct connections for years. With the addition of VNC Connect we were able to drop Log Me In Central which we used for out of network connections. I have found VNC Connect to be more user friendly and more light weight than the Log Me In client. You will not be sorry for switching to VNC Connect!

Remote IT Support and Remote Desktop of clients. With the new Instant Support option I can even get into users computers with their assistance if RealVNC isn't already installed. I've even used Instant Support to get me into machines to install the full RealVNC client on new installs where it may have been missed before the machine went to the user.

VNC Connect review by Israel T.
Israel T.

"Reliability I can trust!"

What do you like best?

As a computer nerd beginning to show his age, I've experimented with quite a few remote access tools over the years and VNC has always remained a constant viable option. That being said, when I needed to setup a quick link for one of my clients, there was no hesitation in going with VNC. When VNC you know it's going to work.

And you can't beat their pricing. When everyone moving towards subscriptions these days, one can quickly find themselves being nickel and dimed to death with so many subscriptions under their belt. I found that their pricing was extremely competitive and many times much lower than some of the newer kids on the block, which again, made my decision easy.

What do you dislike?

So far, I dislike nothing at all. The software is affordable. Reliable. Easy to download. Easy to install. Easy to navigate and use. What's to complain about?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how long they've been around and see that they're constantly maintaining their software and providing support. You too, will realize they are a reliable source.

Establishing 24/7 access to store computers is a great benefit. Even when things like HurricaneHarvey and excessive flooding have all our employees at home, we are still able to login and do the things we need to do.

VNC Connect review by Lewis H.
Lewis H.

"Great value and quality remote platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface is great, really useful to see all your connected computers in one place rather than behind meaningless numbers. The price point is incredible too, love it.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, haven't had any issues except for one time a connection failed from my iphone but I just reconnected and it was all fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this over Teamviewer.

Our staff can remote in to the various computers we have servicing our post production all from one office rather than running around the server room. Our editors can easily remote in to our Harding system to check legal levels without going through technical staff. We had been using teamviewer but this system is much more robust, with higher quality images and much much cheaper.

VNC Connect review by Lynn C.
Lynn C.

"Real VNC helps me stay organized and backed up"

What do you like best?

Encrypted connections, ease of installation and the fact that it works on all my different devices.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were free. But the free versions of VNC do not typically offer encrypted connections and hence have are not approved for use by my University.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have an Enterprise license as I use Real VNC on five different computers.

I work on many different computers and my desktop at work has all the best software. Using Real VNC I can view the files on the other computer which has the licensed software and is also a better computer. Also sometimes I can't remember what file was on the other computer so I need to actually look at the screen of the other computer to remember what I was working on.

VNC Connect review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Reliable software and excellent service"

What do you like best?

I like purpose-built software best, and RealVNC falls firmly into that category. Their policy settings are straightforward and easy to manage, once support gave me the analogy of using the cloud location as a map to the building and using group policy or local settings as the doorway in. These lines can get blurry in other packages, but not here. RealVNC is really easy to deploy and showing our teams how to use it has been a snap. They are also transparent about security and care a great deal about maintaining a high standard there.

What do you dislike?

The cloud management portal could show a little more information (like when the last connect time was) and it is not aware of computer names being recycled, so one does have to manage stale computer accounts. These are smaller offenses IMO, and their support added changes to these to their suggestion box.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're happy with no-frills, purpose-built software that is stable, then RealVNC is an excellent choice. Not to many unexpected hobbies with this stuff!

Confirmed access, where users allow our connections, with a few exceptions.

VNC Connect review by Katie D.
Katie D.

"Fantastic customer service on top of a great product!"

What do you like best?

Not only does Real VNC cost substantially less than their competitors, it is extremely easy to install and use. The customer service was excellent, with Richard answering my queries quickly and in detail through email and telephone conversations.

The restrictions for access to certain computers is fantastic. Such a simple idea but very useful where sensitive data is concerned. There is also no cap on the number of users that can be registered in my "Team" which is ideal for the work I conduct. We have many users that require off-site access to our facilities. I enjoy the different teams that can be set up - this allows me to quickly add users to have access only to the correct computers.

What do you dislike?

Current versions not compatible with older Linux operating systems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend getting in contact with a representatitive at Real VNC as I had a pleasant experience with lots of helpful advice.

The trial is a great idea to see if Real VNC will work for you. When we purchased the subscription it was a seamless transition.

We use multiple computers for the operation of imaging machinery in a clean facility. Weekly Quality Assurance checks are required and can now be performed with a coffee at my desk rather than "suiting up" and entering the facility. This is very convenient and allows for a better Monday!

We can give users remote access to a computer with specialist software for the analysis of their data. As our University is split into 3 different campuses, this means users do not need to spend time and money on travelling to our site.

We can restrict access per each user, ensuring they only have access to the machines that they are permitted to use. This is especially useful for sensitive data.

VNC Connect review by Gabriel C.
Gabriel C.

"VNC Connect is Fast, Simple, and Reliable"

What do you like best?

The application is easy to install, fast to load, and surprisingly light on system resources. I use it to help maintain the personal computers used by myself and my family, so it's imperative that the software be easy to use and maintain. Especially now that they have a subscription for personal users, VNC Connect does exactly what I want it to.

What do you dislike?

Very little. It's much better than any competitor I've tried. It installs well, updates easily, and has great instructions for use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for business solutions, but you might find it a lifesaver at home too!

Unlike most users, I'm actually using VNC Connect for my personal machines. It would be great to allow business users to remotely maintain systems or access them for telepresence work, but it's also simple enough to be used on all the machines in my household.

VNC Connect review by Cliff M.
Cliff M.

"Does exactly what we need to work remotely."

What do you like best?

RealVNC allows us to give as many users as we need need access our office computers remotely. It is a great product and for us is well ahead of the competition both on features and price. Support from RealVNC is second to none with helpful knowledgeable sales and support staff. Remote access and file transfer allows us to facilitate volunteers to work from home.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have browser access to remote computers without the need to install and app. Though this is a minor complaint. Better cross platform (e.g. native ChromeOS support would be good. Apart from this there is nothing we dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Much better value than the competition.

Crucially its pricng scheme is reasonable and is based on the number of hosts rather than clients. We need multiple users to access a small number of computers and this is the only solution we could find that works for us. All the other big names are priced based on number of clients. We also value the ability to transfer files remotely and to have remote multimedia access. Some of our users use it would work remotely while others use it for support and maintenance without having to come on site. This saves volunteers a lot of time travelling unnecessarily and allows quick remedial action to be taken as and when required.

VNC Connect review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Simple and easy to use, does exactly what you expect it to"

What do you like best?

The easy of use, literally took me 10 minutes to setup on the computer I wanted to remotely manage, and create a team of colleagues who also manage the machine. The mobile apps are well designed and thought out and allow you to do emergency management of a remote computer. Its obviously not as easy as using a machine with a keyboard and mouse, but it feels like a lot of thought has been put into making the apps work as well as they could on a touch screen device.

What do you dislike?

The desktop client seems to be limited to 1 desktop per account, which is a bit inconvenience if I am using a different desktop at a field office. Still allows you to have the app on an iPad and iPhone under the same account, just doesnt seem to want to let me log in with a second desktop machine without warning about exceeding the number of devices

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the free trial a go, it didn't take us long trialling it to see that it fit our business

Management of remote site devices, meaning a site visit needs to happen a lot less frequently and only when the most serious tasks need to be done. Can diagnose issues remotely so we know which specialist teams to send to site to correct issues, saving someone making a trip just to do a diagnosis and recommend a team.

VNC Connect review by Reece Y.
Reece Y.

"Easy to use remote access tool"

What do you like best?

Cloud Connect allows for quick and easy connections to remote computers not within the LAN and security considerations of phrases.

Concurrent connections are great for watching/reviewing other peoples work and showing how to achieve something.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little smoother on some machines - but that's just bandwidth. On completing a trial, we had to re-setup the account due to us wanting to pay by account, rather than debit/credit card.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A trial is a trial - be prepared to setup the computers and accounts again.

Having to access multiple computers as a till centralised server - some actions can only be carried out on that one PC. This has allowed our Business Support team to easily transfer stock between sites.

VNC Connect review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Seamless connectivity"

What do you like best?

The host (server) is very easy to deploy and the clients connect without any problem (easily connect through firewalls and NAT routers). Once connected, the performance is great.

Finally, I appreciate the cost.

What do you dislike?

The file transfer is a little cumbersome (certainly possible but not as simple as competitive products I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a trial period and I urge you to use to ensure you will have no problem accessing through any firewalls (I had no problems but your situation may vary). The documentation is excellent so you should not have any problem but technical support is available. At the time that I signed up, there was a free offering for personal use but the cost is low enough to support them against their competition.

I used a competitive product for several years and they kept increasing the price for remote access and I could no longer justify the cost. I tried Real VNC at a lower price and have been very satisfied. I was able to enroll for three years to avoid price increases.

VNC Connect review by Justin O.
Justin O.

"RealVNC in the workplace"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. It just works with no hassle at all.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about this product. Having utilized Remote Desktop ( Microsoft Terminal Services) and Dameware, RealVNC is my preference for Remote Access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you find that Remote Desktop is not meeting your needs and you are considering alternatives, save yourself the headache and start with RealVNC.

We utilize RealVNC to remotely administer workstations on the network which cannot be easily accessed by local IT. There are also other needs which I won't go into detail on in this review but I can say that Remote Desktop or Dameware does not offer us the solutions that RealVNC does.

Simply put, if you're looking for the best software for Remote Access, look no further than RealVNC.

VNC Connect review by Manel B.
Manel B.

"Easy to setup for the first use"

What do you like best?

VNC Connect is a user-friendly software, easy to configure and very confident. I would strongly recommnend its use.

What do you dislike?

Our company's policy recommend to acquire the software instead of paying per use. The Cloud connection sometimes is slow and user account is needed for each user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The trial license is fully operational even only cloud connections can be configured. But more than enough to test the product and check if it match your needs.

I wasn't able to run an application running on a Virtual Machine due to the USB dongle license was not recognized by the RDP connection. With VNC Connect, I can use the application and have access to all the resources of the VM.

VNC Connect review by Ezeikiel R.
Ezeikiel R.

"VNC for remote programming Raspberry Pi's. "

What do you like best?

VNC allows me to remote into my headless raspberry pi micro-controllers. Its almost as if I had them right in front of me connected to the monitor without having to purchase a monitor for each micro-controller.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the steep price but in the end its worth it. I couldnt see myself programming my Raspberry Pi's any other way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC is pretty bad ass. Give it a go if you need to connect!

My desk is not that large, i already have 2 wide monitors. I couldnt imagine having a monitor for each computer I program. Having VNC saves me; space, money and time.

VNC Connect review by Andrew O.
Andrew O.

"It just works! Simple remote connections"

What do you like best?

With VNC our IT staff can assist end users or connect to unattended workstations and interact directly as if they were at the console--seeing exactly what is on the screen. In addition, the connections are fast! Installation and setup within any environment is quick and simple, and does not add overhead.

Recent improvements to the product include a viewer interface that allows you to retain a directory of connections, making it even easier to support hundreds of terminals.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. We have been using RealVNC for at least 10 years and have no complaints.

Our IT department can support remote branch employees while seeing and interacting with their computer exactly as it appears to the remote worker. They are logged in, and can interactively work through issues--all through a very simple to administer solution.

VNC Connect review by ROGER T.
ROGER T.

"Way better than team viewer"

What do you like best?

The ability to do local or cloud connections. fast connections. it loads very fast. this is way better than team viewer. It's definitely the most convenient way to provide remote desktop assistance

What do you dislike?

The pricing seems inconsistent. Sometimes I can get 5 licenses for the same price I get 7 licenses. I don't know if its the sales person or what but I always feel like they can go lower. I also don't like their hours of operation. Why do I have to call Europe for sales, can't I just call someone in USA?

Recommendations to others considering the product

get all of your PC licenses at once. because you can't merge computer groups when you buy more. (at least they didnt tell me it was possible)

remote help desk tech support

VNC Connect review by Jerry C.
Jerry C.

"Reasonable cost, easy to use and great customer support"

What do you like best?

This is by far the most affordable solution for remotely controlling my computers, once I got the hang of it is is very easy to use and when I had a question the customer support was very timely in their response. I also like that I can remote in from another computer, my iPhone or IPAD so that what I need is always accessible.

What do you dislike?

There was some initial confusion regarding the log-in to the program vs. the log-in to the remote computer, but once this was resolved through technical support the program was very easy to use.

There is a program we use that governs many aspects of our operation. There are no mobile app versions for this program. There are times when I am away from our clinic that I need to access information from this program. With VNC connect I can remote into our office computer and run this program from both my IPhone and Ipad.

VNC Connect review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Best in industry remoting software"

What do you like best?

I like every aspect of the platform but if i have to point out one thing it would be the cloud connectivity feature.

What do you dislike?

I can honestly say there is not a single feature weak enough to come close to a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation is to just do it. You will not find a better solution if having to remotely administer systems from multiple locations. Price and quality of product cannot be beat!!

Our medical facility spans across 22 acres and the use of technology is very extensive. VNC has allowed me to run a skeleton crewed IT department while providing very efficient problem resolutions and maintain 5 star quality services to our users.

VNC Connect review by Dr. Jim B.
Dr. Jim B.

"VNC Excellent Program to Connect Comptuers!"

What do you like best?

The Real VNC Connect Program is awesome! I have been using VNC for 10+ years and it works exceptionally well - to remotely connect between all of my home and work computers. I am especially pleased that the Real VNC Connect Program also allows very fast file transfer. Yay!

What do you dislike?

I like everything about Real VNC! Nothing needs to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best product you will find for connecting computers. Highly recommended!

I need VNC Connect because my office (I am a University Professor) computer is behind a firewall - router, and VNC is one of the few programs that allows me to connect from home to the office - and it is undoubtedly the fastest!

VNC Connect review by Clive L.
Clive L.

"This has saved me many times"

What do you like best?

I have been using this tool for many, many years, and it has aged my life by allowing me to gain full access to both my machine and others while I have been away from my main desk. The capability to access from pretty much any device and over any connection is great. The security of the enterprise version is a major advantage.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have the capability to only share certain parts of the machine, rather than all of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works, it is secure, it has a small footprint and is a life-saver in many circumstances.

Ability to remotely connect to other machines in a secure manner.

VNC Connect review by Nathan C.
Nathan C.

"Cheap and very easy to use"

What do you like best?

How cheap RealVNC is for business use and the ease with which I was able to set RealVNC up across all of the computers I required it on.

What do you dislike?

As an experienced user, this was easy for me to set up, but the necessity for VNC connect and VNC viewer confused some people.

Using RealVNC allows our laboratory users to access remote instruments both from the office and from home. We aren't restricted on the number of users, and multiple users can sign in simultaneous to view and operate instrumentation. This allows for increased productivity and peace of mind.

VNC Connect review by Jami S.
Jami S.

"VNC Connect for medical environment"

What do you like best?

I like that VNC Connect was easy to install and setup. There is a very user-friendly interface which makes it easy for me to make any changes, add connections, etc.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about using VNC Connect. The only thing I can think about is that when my job first started using VNC software, it was free. Now VNC Connect requires a subscription but that's understandable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC Connect offers a trial evaluation period so I would try it out and see if it'll be beneficial for your company's needs.

VNC Connect allows the pathologist assistants that I support to be able to remote into a server to complete their duties regardless of which hospital location they are at. This is beneficial because I, as well as the PAs, don't have to physically gain access to the servers in order to complete our tasks.

VNC Connect review by Christopher W.
Christopher W.

"Essential software for business or home use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, dynamic quality adjustment over variable quality links, printer sharing, intuitive copy and pasting between machines, Simplicity of deployment in corporate environments. Clients available for every major platform and the mobile apps are now free, which is very useful for accessing devices out of the office via VPN.

What do you dislike?

The licensing model recently changed (and is much more complicated) so there's now no more perpetual licenses for server installs, which makes administration and software auditing more challenging.

When we purchased, the price break on per-unit licenses was nonsensical - about 10x as expensive per license, until you reached a high number of licenses (we obtained 1000 licenses at the price break point for the same cost as 100!) We had to effectively overbuy to get a good deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depending on what you need, RealVNC may not be the best fit - it's the does-it-all Enterprise ready version produced by the original manufacturers. Installation's pretty simple, it's deployable if needed and it sports a lot of party tricks. However, TightVNC, UltraVNC or even TeamViewer may be what you need depending on your circumstances, requirements and budget.

VNC's very useful for quick, remote access of business critical machines where other access methods either cause software conflicts, interrupt operations or lock out the local user whilst you are remoted in.

Also using LDAP authentication, it's possible to grant or restrict access to subsets of machines in a granular fashion using our existing AD structures and role groups, plus it's one set less of static passwords to have to worry about changing. Great from an information security point of view.

We've reduced the amount of effort required for support departments to connect remotely and analyse problems, as they can see exactly what the user sees, in the same session, whilst they're on the phone.

VNC Connect review by Trevor S.
Trevor S.

"A huge step up"

What do you like best?

This software renders multi monitor stations, including various resolutions, wonderfully. I am able to connect through a cloud connection or locally across our network, which is very nice. I was actually able to deploy this software to some of our end users who were in need of watching the desktops of different stations. It is so easy to use they have been raving about it to other friends.

What do you dislike?

The "descriptions" do not share between admin accounts. All of the computers are added by their DNS name. This is fine for most users, but it would be nice for the more difficult to identify stations to have a "description" that I can fill in for all of our admins to find a person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

VNC connect has just release a 'ad-hoc' option. You are able to create on demand sessions for users who do not have the software installed. Though I do not have the license for that, it is a very nice feature to use in other enviornments.

We needed an encrypted remote control software to replace UltraVNC that works with multiple resolutions sizes on the same system.

VNC Connect review by Steve A.
Steve A.

"VNC Connect"

What do you like best?

It's more affordable than the competition. It's easy to use. You can use both cloud and regular VNC connections.

What do you dislike?

You can't purchase VNC without a monthly subscription anymore so I won't be using it for internal uses as this is far too expensive, I have resorted to other solutions. The software will sometimes loose connectivity to the cloud and the service has to be restarted to reconnect which has made remote support problematic. It would be nice to see if the remote server is online before connecting to it and to be able to see how long it's been offline would be useful. Logmein had this feature and I used it frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a perfect cost effective solution for remote access

I use it for remote support to servers. It's much cheaper than logmein as their price was doubling every year and was no longer a cost effective option for remote support. VNC has less features however I wasn't using any of the features they provide other than remote support so VNC is a perfect cost effective solution that provides simple remote support without all the unnecessary add-ons.

VNC Connect review by Alejandro M.
Alejandro M.

"Quickiest Remote Control Experience EVER"

What do you like best?

I have tested plenty remote support tools but none is as quick an efficient as VNC, besides, setting it up is a piece of cake. Our IT end user support staff didnĀ“t need any training at all to use it. It is possible to integrate it with other system management suites (nice to have).

What do you dislike?

Taking control over an Internet location machine requires a tricky set up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always benchmark products you consider to use then VNC is going to be your winner in several aspects of your decision matrix. No one is beating its price, user experience or quickness.

VNC is giving us the ability to remote support all clients -PCs, Laptops and Servers- across the whole organization which includes 5 countries and different operating systems. This tools has decreased significantly the cost associated with on-site travel and also has reduced the downtime for our clients all over.

VNC Connect review by Donald M.
Donald M.

"Essential Business Tool"

What do you like best?

RealVNC keeps me connected to my office when I'm out and to my servers wherever I am. It is one of the first programs I install when I set up a new workstation. It is essential to my business and its ease of use is second to none.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that they've made the Viewer slightly more difficult to find and download. The software itself is great.

I connect to multiple servers and to my office desktop with VNC Connect. It frees me up to take my business out of my office and into the world.

Learn more about VNC Connect

VNC Connect Videos

Learning about VNC Connect?

* We monitor all VNC Connect reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.