Volusion

Powerful, affordable ecommerce software, backed by professional services, business tools and dedicated 24/7 support from real people.

Work for Volusion?
Cloudcraze 2x

Learning about Volusion?

Volusion Reviews

Ask Volusion a Question
Showing 37 Volusion reviews
Volusion review by <span>Ryan R.</span>
Ryan R.

Why would you waste your time and money?

What do you like best?

Access to the database to use SQL for custom report writing.

What do you dislike?

-The platform is out-of-date

-Very few external integrations since they do not have a true API

-AMAZON doesn't work

-EBAY doesn't work

-Very little control of design other than templates

-NO B2B features

-Customer Service is AWFUL!

Recommendations to others considering the product

They haven’t updated their platform in 4 years. When they did finally release a “big update” it turned out only to be a facelift of the admin that thousands of their customers complained about. It created dozens of bugs and made your typical workflow for processing an order take 2x as long. The viewable (usable) space was reduced by over 20%, making it hard to data when looking at the products table/page and orders table/page.

See, the biggest problem with Volusion is IF/WHEN they make changes, they don’t speak with their customers. It is as if they think they are smarter than everyone and know what everyone wants.

Another example was their “NEW” PayPal integration. They finally made it to where a customer could see Pay with PayPal on the checkout page rather than only the shopping cart page. The problem is, they force their customers to default to PayPal and make checking out with Credit Card very hard to see. Nothing CSS can’t fix though, right? WRONG! They will not allow you access to change it.

Couple other issues:

Their AMAZON “integration” goes down weekly and at one point, last year didn’t work for months.

Their EBAY “integration” still doesn’t update tracking#’s (bug they have been working on for 3+ years.) and is currently completely down. They refuse to fix it, because they are in a code freeze for the holidays…Guess their customers don’t need to sell on EBAY.

After waiting for years of unfulfilled promises, we are finally jumping ship. I’d highly recommend going with a platform that cares about their customers, not just the all mighty $$$.

It gives us a store front, but we are WAY behind the times currently because of their platform.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Volusion
Volusion review by User in Design
User in Design

Volusion Review

What do you like best?

I haven't used all of the features in Volusion yet, but what I have used is very handy. It's easy to navigate through all of the features and upload new products to an ecommerce website. You can also email all of your customers straight from Volusion instead of having to do it from a different email account; all the customers that buy from you or subscribe to your emails/newsletters are automatically logged and saved in Volusion. This makes emailing them that much easier.

What do you dislike?

Volusion seems to be a bit slow when navigating around our Products page. I don't know if this is due to the web browser we are using, or if it's just because it takes a while to upload products in the system. This is a bit annoying though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Volusion is a great website host and CRM platform. It is cheaper than some other CRM products and is easy to navigate through.

We are using Volusion to sell our business's products and reach out to the public more. This has really been helping us increase our revenue and name. We are also realizing that we can use Volusion to email our customers rather than using another program we are currently paying for. We will be using the Volusion email now.

What E-Commerce Platforms solution do you use?

Volusion review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

Volusion Customer Log-in and Password Retrieval Issues Cost me $20,000.00 This Summer.

What do you like best?

Because of the horrible experience that I had with customer complaints over logins I really can't see beyond to tell you anything that I "like best". The rest of it is adequate - I think my site looks good - but there isn't anything that I am really thrilled about over the previous Joomla/Cart 32 site that I had. Most of the "bells and whistles" that made me sign up for it are not really up to par. Abandoned cart and customer review emails don't let you edit subject line and that reduces email opens and responses. Quickbooks integration only works with some versions of Quickbooks. I've been disappointed at every turn.

What do you dislike?

When a customer does not remember password and tries to retrieve it "cache" issues in their browsers will keep returning the same page to them. This doesn't happen to me when I retrieve passwords on other sites - why with Volusion. Then if they do get through and try to reset to their favorite password or a previous password the screen keeps reloading. It doesn't tell them they can't use a previous password - it just doesn't go anywhere. Beyond that many customers just could not seem to log in. If they tried they were told their user name and password were invalid, when they tried to create a new account it told them email was already in use, and when they tried to reset password they ran into issues above. An endless loop for some - and yet it was so sporadic it could only be recreated once under controlled conditions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Apparently the parent company just sold off some product line or something and promise they will now be focusing on Volusion and making it better. Give them a bit to do so. In mean time if I had it in me to go through another replatform I would look at Shopify, Big Commerce or Magento or anybody.

So far its just caused me nightmares.

Volusion review by <span>Michael H.</span>
Michael H.

An eCommerce Platform that competes reasonably well low-mid market

What do you like best?

It has some good features for anyone with database experience, good querying ability for your data. Reasonably easy to access API and pretty good customization.

What do you dislike?

Lacking in innovation, everything is very old-school and there haven't been many changes in the last 3 years. Definitely one of the most out of date platforms I use. The API can also be misleading about what data should be pulled if you are using it for multiple applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need an easy to query solution and don't mind the lack of innovation, its not bad, but there are a lot better in the same market space.

Its an ecommerce platform that we integrate with and use on behalf of our clients, not sure I'd use it otherwise.

Volusion review by <span>Siang Hoe, L.</span>
Siang Hoe, L.

Build an e-commerce website with Volusion

What do you like best?

With it's easy to use interface, it is very easy to get started building an e-commerce website with Volusion. Menu items are intuitive and easy to navigate. Useful knowledge articles are available when you get stuck.

What do you dislike?

Should have a better integration to ebay. The interface to select items to list on ebay could be further improved. For a large client who has thousands of products, having to go through each product or product category to select items is time consuming.

We build e-commerce websites for the Australian market. We have tried various e-commerce platforms and decided that Volusion is most suitable due to its ease of use interface.

Volusion review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

Volusion is better at marketing their product than supporting it.

What do you like best?

That feeling you get when you are spinning up a new shopping cart and you think it will solve all of your problems.

What do you dislike?

The web-builder properties are as clunky as it gets. Some of the variables don't make sense, or don't work at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are going to be creating a single site and have the time to devote to continually fixing issues, then it might be a good alternative. However, the extras cost more than originally advertised. Poor ROI if you are trying to manage many sites.

It is an out of the box solution that manages everything from SSL certificates, to payment processing. However, the $3 per month commission for referring my clients takes years to actually receive.

Learning about Volusion?

* We monitor all Volusion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.