Vonage Unified Communication

Vonage phone service connects your calls using your high-speed Internet connection, not a traditional phone line, saving you money and giving you more options.

Work for Vonage Unified Communication?
Jive 2x

Learning about Vonage?

Vonage Unified Communication Reviews

Ask Vonage a Question
Showing 30 Vonage reviews
Vonage review by User in Information Technology and Services

Falls incredibly short of expectations

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Intraoffice calling is pretty straightforward.

What do you dislike?

We have had so many problems since switching to Vonage, the worst of which is frequent system-wide outages. We aren't the only ones suffering, too, so we know it is not isolated to our server or network. Sometimes, it is regional (just in the DELMARVA area), sometimes it is more widespread. We know we are not suffering alone, but when a good portion of your business is based around a call center, we need a phone system that is reliable and connected. Vonage is neither. External calls are often choppy, and calls are very frequently dropped mid-conversation. Repeated attempts at troubleshooting have been fruitless, and incredible excuses, such as, "We need to be on the phone with you when this happens," are deflecting and pointless. If I had to decide on a phone system again, it would not be Vonage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider all of your options available. If your business absolutely relies on having working phone lines throughout the day, especially in regards to emergency services, you might want to consider another alternative.

Our aim was to provide a VoIP solution for our call center and entire office, though having a system that frequently crashes causes more problems than it resolves. It further damages our reputation as an IT leader, which has downstream impact on our bottom line.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vonage Unified Communication
Vonage review by <span>Matt B.</span>
Matt B.

A robust, reliable VoIP Solution

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Vonage Business Essentials makes my company's office phone available anytime, anywhere. I can make/receive calls, send text messages, and check my voicemail anywhere my phone has reception.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the quality can dip a bit. This probably has more to do with internet connectivity than the actual service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a demo. A brief time using the app and the Skype integration will let you know if there are business applications for you.

Vonage serves as our auto-receptionist and our unified communications platform. As a sales driven organization, being able to carry your office phone with you has proven incredibly valuable for our team.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Vonage review by <span>Alexander F.</span>
Alexander F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is VOIP. As long as I have a LAN line I can use my phone. If no LAN line I still have the capability of using a virtual phone on my computer.

What do you dislike?

Connectivity is a big issue. I pay a premium for exceptionally high speed internet and at times calls will drop. Recently Vonage suffered an attack on its servers and for an entire afternoon I had zero connectivity relating to my phone. I am always on the phone with clients and when this occurred, I was left o use my mobile for conference calls. At first I thought it was a problem on my end. I should have been notified immediately regarding the status of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you absolutely cannot have dropped calls get a dedicated phone line.

I needed a phone system that would allow me to add and subtract users quickly and easily. My sales force is spread globally, so this tool helps considerably.

Vonage review by <span>Josh W.</span>
Josh W.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that Vonage works on just about everything. I can use my desk phone, my computer, my smart phone as a phone with all the same number. If I have to work from home I can still answer the phone since I have everything that I need right there.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that the Username to log in is case sensitive. This is the only service that has it set up that way and sometimes that can be super frustrating when you are trying to sign and forget that this is a required thing to sign in.`

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this service. It is a huge time saver, apps are easy to use. Get it, set it up, and put your mind at ease.

Definitely one of the benefits is what I have already stated. I have a working phone anywhere and everywhere. It takes a lot of stress off of my mind when I am working from home and know that I am not missing a customer call because I am not at my desk in the office.

Vonage review by <span>Mandi P.</span>
Mandi P.

Improving efficiency

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best part of Vonage is the ease of use and customer service. Any time I need to call, I'm able to get quick advice and assistance. We have been able to greatly reduce the amount of third party companies that we rely on for support at our busy office.

What do you dislike?

We are told fairly frequently that we sound like we are cutting out/on a cell phone. The call quality could definitely use some updating. We get this complaint from customers both on outgoing and incoming calls. The online help/search feature can be a little confused. Often I type in a topic and get suggestions that aren't really about the topic. That is why I often find it easier to just call with any questions I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do as much research as possible. Don't let initial sticker price shock you and deter you. Review and compare to see the real value in Vonage!

Before signing up with vonage, we had many companies handling multiple facets of our daily operations. With vonage, we have been able to streamline those to be less. We are a landscaping company so we are often out of the office/out in the field with clients. Vonage has allowed us to be able to forward calls with ease so we can still assist our customers even if not physically in the office ourselves.

Vonage review by <span>Boyd H.</span>
Boyd H.

Very good VOIP, best I've used

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best part has been the lack of communication failure, great uptime, and sales promotion when on boarding.

What do you dislike?

While the phone app has increased considerably I feel it still needs some refining. Also, while I am the account admin and have experience in these things, using anything beside a desk phone can be a daunting task for someone off the street (like a volunteer).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continued refining of the existing products is all that is needed, and getting better all the time.

We had a 24 year old PBX install that was getting close to failure, and worse we were paying for insurance on the thing. It was expensive and rudimentary. We have advanced significantly and saved a sizable sum of money.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Vonage Unified Communication?

* We monitor all Vonage Unified Communication reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.