Vonage

3.6

Vonage is redefining business communications. True to our roots as a technology disruptor, we've embraced technology to transform how companies communicate to create better business outcomes. Our unique cloud communications platform brings together a robust unified communications solution with the agility of embedded, contextual communications APIs. This powerful combination enables businesses to collaborate more productively and engage their customers more effectively across messaging, chat, social media, video and voice.

Work for Vonage?

Learning about Vonage?

Vonage Reviews

Ask Vonage a Question
Showing 36 Vonage reviews
Vonage review by Akshita N.
Akshita N.

"Best VoIP available for use"

What do you like best?

The best I found out of Vonage is its easy Setup, It has best call quality which I like the most.

Its interface is quite user friendly, Easy for calling and messaging.

As it is use VoIP you can just connect any of your devices. It has Android App and also available for ios. You can use it directly from your phone also.

I found this as the best App as it help all users to stay in touch.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any such dislikes for this app. But when i used vonage on windows the App was not working fine. Connection always lost and when you try to reload the page the ask me to downlead the desktop setup each time. I always download the updated version but again and again they come up with new update and the connection get lost.

For mac to is working fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

we are using this from the start and it is the best service provider for all international calling.

I really liked the interface and it services. easy call forwarding, Easy settings, Easy set up.

All in all the best we can have for good set of calling and messaging.

As a company we are working from a different country and we have to do international calling as we have our clients based in United states.

We started using Vonage and we never felt that we need to change to other software. we are happy using this

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Vonage
Vonage review by James S.
James S.

"Great small business VoIP provider"

What do you like best?

Vonage is a great VoIP provider. The call quality is great. The on-boarding process was very simple and straightforward, and the support throughout the whole process was top notch. The sales representative was very helpful without being pushy. The administrative portal is very intuitive and makes changing users or phones very easy. You can even setup a Vonage phone on your smart phone so you will never miss a call again. They also have integrations like click to dial and Salesforce logging to make the sales process much easier.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that you cannot set a schedule within the smartphone app. So if you forget to turn it on you might miss a call, or if you forget to turn it off you may get woken up in the middle of the night with an international call.

We needed an affordable no contract small business VoIP solution. We receive all of those benefits with Vonage.

What VoIP solution do you use?

Vonage review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Falls incredibly short of expectations"

What do you like best?

Intraoffice calling is pretty straightforward.

What do you dislike?

We have had so many problems since switching to Vonage, the worst of which is frequent system-wide outages. We aren't the only ones suffering, too, so we know it is not isolated to our server or network. Sometimes, it is regional (just in the DELMARVA area), sometimes it is more widespread. We know we are not suffering alone, but when a good portion of your business is based around a call center, we need a phone system that is reliable and connected. Vonage is neither. External calls are often choppy, and calls are very frequently dropped mid-conversation. Repeated attempts at troubleshooting have been fruitless, and incredible excuses, such as, "We need to be on the phone with you when this happens," are deflecting and pointless. If I had to decide on a phone system again, it would not be Vonage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider all of your options available. If your business absolutely relies on having working phone lines throughout the day, especially in regards to emergency services, you might want to consider another alternative.

Our aim was to provide a VoIP solution for our call center and entire office, though having a system that frequently crashes causes more problems than it resolves. It further damages our reputation as an IT leader, which has downstream impact on our bottom line.

Vonage review by Matt B.
Matt B.

"A robust, reliable VoIP Solution"

What do you like best?

Vonage Business Essentials makes my company's office phone available anytime, anywhere. I can make/receive calls, send text messages, and check my voicemail anywhere my phone has reception.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally, the quality can dip a bit. This probably has more to do with internet connectivity than the actual service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask for a demo. A brief time using the app and the Skype integration will let you know if there are business applications for you.

Vonage serves as our auto-receptionist and our unified communications platform. As a sales driven organization, being able to carry your office phone with you has proven incredibly valuable for our team.

Vonage review by Alexander F.
Alexander F.

"Good price, but connectivity suffers at times"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this is VOIP. As long as I have a LAN line I can use my phone. If no LAN line I still have the capability of using a virtual phone on my computer.

What do you dislike?

Connectivity is a big issue. I pay a premium for exceptionally high speed internet and at times calls will drop. Recently Vonage suffered an attack on its servers and for an entire afternoon I had zero connectivity relating to my phone. I am always on the phone with clients and when this occurred, I was left o use my mobile for conference calls. At first I thought it was a problem on my end. I should have been notified immediately regarding the status of the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you absolutely cannot have dropped calls get a dedicated phone line.

I needed a phone system that would allow me to add and subtract users quickly and easily. My sales force is spread globally, so this tool helps considerably.

Vonage review by Josh W.
Josh W.

"Vonage is like having a phone... Everywhere."

What do you like best?

I like that Vonage works on just about everything. I can use my desk phone, my computer, my smart phone as a phone with all the same number. If I have to work from home I can still answer the phone since I have everything that I need right there.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike is that the Username to log in is case sensitive. This is the only service that has it set up that way and sometimes that can be super frustrating when you are trying to sign and forget that this is a required thing to sign in.`

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get this service. It is a huge time saver, apps are easy to use. Get it, set it up, and put your mind at ease.

Definitely one of the benefits is what I have already stated. I have a working phone anywhere and everywhere. It takes a lot of stress off of my mind when I am working from home and know that I am not missing a customer call because I am not at my desk in the office.

Vonage review by Mandi P.
Mandi P.

"Improving efficiency"

What do you like best?

The best part of Vonage is the ease of use and customer service. Any time I need to call, I'm able to get quick advice and assistance. We have been able to greatly reduce the amount of third party companies that we rely on for support at our busy office.

What do you dislike?

We are told fairly frequently that we sound like we are cutting out/on a cell phone. The call quality could definitely use some updating. We get this complaint from customers both on outgoing and incoming calls. The online help/search feature can be a little confused. Often I type in a topic and get suggestions that aren't really about the topic. That is why I often find it easier to just call with any questions I have.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do as much research as possible. Don't let initial sticker price shock you and deter you. Review and compare to see the real value in Vonage!

Before signing up with vonage, we had many companies handling multiple facets of our daily operations. With vonage, we have been able to streamline those to be less. We are a landscaping company so we are often out of the office/out in the field with clients. Vonage has allowed us to be able to forward calls with ease so we can still assist our customers even if not physically in the office ourselves.

Vonage review by Boyd H.
Boyd H.

"Very good VOIP, best I've used "

What do you like best?

The best part has been the lack of communication failure, great uptime, and sales promotion when on boarding.

What do you dislike?

While the phone app has increased considerably I feel it still needs some refining. Also, while I am the account admin and have experience in these things, using anything beside a desk phone can be a daunting task for someone off the street (like a volunteer).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Continued refining of the existing products is all that is needed, and getting better all the time.

We had a 24 year old PBX install that was getting close to failure, and worse we were paying for insurance on the thing. It was expensive and rudimentary. We have advanced significantly and saved a sizable sum of money.

Vonage review by Administrator

"Vonage is going the route of ringcentral."

What do you like best?

The best thing about Vonage is the admin features, and the mobile app.

What do you dislike?

The worst thing about Vonage is the dashboard. Vonage as multiple locations, and seemingly multiple interfaces for similar set of information and features. So similar, that there is a fair amount of searching involved in simple modifications. In my short experience with the app I've found it to be as clunky as Ringcentral with less flexibility in user roles. In short: it stinks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jive.

Distance telecommunication, multiple user interface, VOIP instead of analog.

Vonage review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"Vonage - A boon for startups"

What do you like best?

The call audio quality is what sets apart Vonage from other competitors. I have to take a lot of calls on the move from my mobile handset using mobile data. I have rarely faced issues with background noise or voice breaking with Vonage. The set up was frustration free and does not need to be a tech geek to make it work.

What do you dislike?

It is expensive when compared to Skype and also lacks video calling from the desktop app. There is still no app available for Windows and Blackberrys users.

We can make unlimited International calls and calls to conference bridges which are routed from different countries where the call rates are extremely high. Using vonage along with free conference bridges helps keep our calling costs low without compromising on the call quality.

Vonage review by Padam J.
Padam J.

"Crystal clear audio calls at cheap rates"

What do you like best?

All features of a landline telephone are available through Vonage like blocking numbers, It provides you with a static number which can be used to call you at anytime. You can make and receive the calls on the go with Vonage mobile apps available on all the platforms.

What do you dislike?

There should be an option of using mobile network in situations where internet is not available. Also, in emergency situations, SOS numbers can not be called using Vonage.

Vonage is easy to set up and international calls can be made using normal phone instruments at fraction of a cost. The hardware is of durable quality. Our company has saved thousands of dollars if normal telephone services would have been used instead of VoiP calling through Vonage.

Vonage review by Clay M.
Clay M.

"Vonage VOIP services review"

What do you like best?

The uptime of service is better than we have had in the past but I dont know if that is worth the lack in support.

What do you dislike?

the time it takes to get things completed as far as activating a phone or anything really, support is very slow

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready for it to take some time in order to activate phones, ring groups, and other tasks that require set up.

Voip and voicemail they provide the phones and the service to those phones.

Vonage review by Jessica C.
Jessica C.

"I'm not a fan. "

What do you like best?

It was inexpensive when compared with local cable companies. It also came with a nice phone system for free - which was also nice and a way to save some extra cash.

What do you dislike?

The service wasn't 100% reliable. It costs more a month than we were originally told. There is a contract - so you are locked in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would not recommend Vonage.

I was saving money by switching to something cheaper; however with the reliability not be that great in the end it was not worth it.

Vonage review by Cory J.
Cory J.

"We use Vonage for our internal phone system"

What do you like best?

I like that we can easily connect our phone to our cell phone if we are away from our desk and take calls. Also the service is always very good, I rarely ever drop phone calls. I also appreciate connectivity during conference calls or very important meetings. Also the customer support has always been great when I have had a problem with on of the functions.

What do you dislike?

I think vonage is a little expensive for the services they provide. I do think the services provided are very good but I think the cost is a little high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Vonage is a good service for most companies if they are unhappy with their current phone provider. They offer a good service and have always had good customer service anytime there have been questions.

The main business problem that is solved by vonage is communication with customers. I have never had a problem with my phone or anything from the vonage service.

Vonage review by Craig D.
Craig D.

"Vonage is our phone service"

What do you like best?

My favorite aspect of vonage is the ability to to have multiple parties on a single call and still maintain speed and clarity. The fact that it uses internet connection removes the spottiness of traditional phone calls. Also, your voicemails are emailed to you which is a great feature.

What do you dislike?

The online login is very convenient and user friendly but I have issues finding where things are located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up your feature to have voicemails go straight to your email inbox. It is very convenient.

We use this to constantly keep in touch with clients and work through any issues they may be having.

"Makes calls easier"

What do you like best?

The desktop app allows me to dial and notifies me of a call so I don't have to look over at the phone every single time it rings.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about Vonage

Missing less calls since there is a smartphone app that allows the ability to dial out and accept calls while still using the work phone number

Vonage review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Vonage Review"

What do you like best?

We switched from Comcast to Vonage for our phone system and internet! We love the phones that Vonage provides and the features they contain (such as voicemail, transferring calls, caller ID). We have only had a couple of outage problems since we signed up approximately 6 months ago, which is great for business! We love being able to transfer phone calls between extensions AND between buildings (we have 2 on site). This makes it much, much easier to get calls to the right person MUCH quicker!

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Vonage except that when one product goes out (phones or internet), everything else will soon follow suit. Vonage customer service has been very helpful with any issues we've had and they are very timely in their responses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO IT!! You won't regret it! The customer service is excellent! The product has so many features you may be overwhelmed at first figuring out everything but you will LOVE it once it is all set up in your office!!!

We've been able to give each doctor/work station in our clinic an extension and are easily able to transfer phone calls in between those extensions. We've also been able to transfer phone calls over to our boarding kennel which is in a different building but right next door!! This makes it so much easier for our staff AND for our clients!!

"Its Ok"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to listen to calls quickly and save them , and customer support is very fast

What do you dislike?

It sometimes takes about 3 minutes for a call to load and it really slows down my day

I am able to do QA and it makes the insurance of our appoinments alot better

Vonage review by User in Computer Software

"Great up time, affordable lines."

What do you like best?

I've used vonage for almost 10 years. I can easily carry my number wherever I go or stay, allowing me to be connected and conduct business anywhere. The web portal is really great, I've never had a problem with it.

What do you dislike?

The pricing has gone up a bit over the years. I'm currently on the bottom most plan and its still $5 more than I originally started it for.

Vonage is usually cheaper than any provider with 1 line, but once you add more lines, it quickly becomes more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you just use 1 line, Vonage is a great choice. If you want more than one, make sure to price around and compare service features.

I have almost 100% uptime and be fully mobile.

Vonage review by User

"Vonage gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to screen calls from my cell phone and not have to use my office phone. I work remotely much of the time.

What do you dislike?

Call quality through the app can be hit or miss.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a web based solution this is the tool for you. I love that I can connect from my PC, Cell, or my desk phone. I love the messaging tools within the app and desktop connect is awesome too.

Cost savings, when it comes to telecommunications. Allow my team to telecommute—a great benefit for them.

Vonage review by Erin M. C.
Erin M. C.

"Didn't have incoming faxes for two weeks"

What do you like best?

I like that it's virtual. We can choose which ones actually need to be printed and which ones just need to be downloaded.

What do you dislike?

We lost the ability to view incoming faxes and Vonage kept saying that a supervisor couldn't look at the problem for a week! We're a law office. We need to be able to accept faxes!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seriously need to improve customer service!

It clears up having to have an actual fax machine, but that's about it.

Vonage review by User in Computer Software

"Excellent for International Business"

What do you like best?

I love the mobile app and being able to use my desk phone number to receive calls from customers.

What do you dislike?

I haven't checked in awhile but last time I tried to use the vonage desktop app with windows 10 it was very glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product if you need to make international business calls or if your job allows you to work from home.

Allows me to work with our customers located in Australia, New Zealand and the EU.

Vonage review by Courtney B.
Courtney B.

"I was using this as vocalocity before it became vonage"

What do you like best?

The easy to use phones with the forwarding and the IT support when I call for help.

What do you dislike?

sometimes there is static or it drops calls

The cost is great, lower than Verizon business. Also the support is better

Vonage review by User in Financial Services

"Vonage - Perfect for business. You can get your messages wherever you have access to your email"

What do you like best?

Best part for me is that I have access to any voicemails or phone contacts wherever my computer is. This system gives me the best available communication options. I can be visiting my family and have no access to my phone in my office 1200 miles away and I can still get my messages through my computer.

What do you dislike?

Biggest issue that I encountered was getting use to the having to look for an email to obtain a voicemail. I overcame this issue and fully accept the delay now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this product to anyone that wants a more connected business environment

Solving my issue of not having full communication access when away from home

Vonage review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good option for small business"

What do you like best?

Voicemail to my email is really helpful when I'm on the road.

What do you dislike?

Menu is cumbersome and can be difficult to decipher.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best to dedicate an overseer rather than to have all users access the system.

The reporting functionalities have been helpful when tracking Accountability.

Vonage review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Reliable from Day One"

What do you like best?

I have used Vonage since they were brand new. We've taken our number with us several times over the years as we moved about. They've always been very reliable.

What do you dislike?

Not much. We had a few issues with the voicemail to text feature, but it was resolved quickly.

Not having to change your phone number every time you move!!

Vonage review by Administrator

"Vonage works for small businesses"

What do you like best?

I like the desktop app, and my ability to log in to Vonage and use it on multiple mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

Vonage is only more evonomical than its competitors like ringcentral if you only require 1 user login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider Ringcentral if you want multiple admin level users with less cost.

Distance communications, as well as the economics of an email based fax line. It's also helped with continuity in client communications.

Vonage review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use and sends an email when I have a voicemail which makes it even easier to use. "

What do you like best?

What do you dislike?

If I listen to a voicemail from my email it will still show a red blinking light on my phone, even though I already heard the message so I then have to go into the site to delete the message.

Quick way to retrieve and store messages.

Vonage review by Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain
Administrator in Logistics and Supply Chain

"Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

They have some of the best service I've experienced. Their CS reps write down detailed notes so that every time you call they already know what problems you have had or currently have.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything. They are a great company.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want quality customer service to help solve any and all problems this is your go to telecommunications provider.

This helps to solve any problems that need immediate attention. We can intercom each other or call customers or vendors to iron things out.

Vonage review by User

"Voyage has been sub-par so far"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Vonage was that it was cheap when we used it. Around $10-15 a month for the plan we used.

What do you dislike?

It dropped calls, or they became disconnected often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since it is very reasonable pricing, give it a try and see if it works for you. I hope you have better luck than my company did. Good luck.

We were trying to solve expensive phone service that our cable provider supplies.

Vonage review by User in Political Organization
User in Political Organization

"Definitely worth the money"

What do you like best?

I first got involved with Vonage for the deals they had for calling abroad. That's also why I'm staying. I haven't found a company yet that has better prices.

What do you dislike?

The connection sometimes isn't the clearest.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely consider using the software, but do comparisons first with other challengers in terms of the connection.

I've been able to network more and get in contact with clients abroad easier.

"VOIP"

What do you like best?

-Access softphone anywhere

-softphone can transfer calls on pc

-clear call quality

-simple setup

-quick & helpful support.

What do you dislike?

-No softphone for mac

-other third party softphones don't work

-desktop phone application could be better

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vonage is a great product. While I have not used many other VoIP products, Vonage has been good.

Helpdesk

Vonage review by Loc P.
Loc P.

"internet phone"

What do you like best?

low fee for international call and over states call

What do you dislike?

voice quality sometimes not good and voice cut in out

international call fee

Vonage review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Not an Enterprise Product"

What do you like best?

Good for home, but not really the best. Visual voice is a nice option. Easy to administrator.

What do you dislike?

Call quality not great. Using multiple phones losses quality. Pricing models always changing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can get a good 1 year deal, it's worth it, but not a long term solution.

Vonage review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Home use only!"

What do you like best?

Desent price and quality for home use.

What do you dislike?

I don't know why but voyage has not really made it system work for the corporate world. It wasn't able to do the hosted PBX, voice recordings, call queues, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If for commercial look elsewhere.

"Cheap but Unreliable"

What do you like best?

Vonage leverages your existing network connection, and its bandwidth utilization is typically very little.

What do you dislike?

Vonage is a very limited system, and as a VOIP basic things like blocking numbers are not allowed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Vonage is great for your home (if you need it), but I have seen companied try to leverage this product and it fail badly as you control nothing, leaving you at the mercy of Vonage and your ISP.

Learning about Vonage?

* We monitor all Vonage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.