vPlaybook

vPlaybook is a sales playbook for the virtual world where your strategy is packaged in an interactive, digital guide, focused exclusively on the customer conversation.

Work for vPlaybook?

Learning about vPlaybook?

vPlaybook Reviews

Ask vPlaybook a Question
Showing 18 vPlaybook reviews
vPlaybook review by Chad E.
Chad E.

"Highly valuable to sales teams"

What do you like best?

The ability to edit on the fly is great, the ability to report on activity from the playbook is very useful, but the consulting that came with the implementation was by far the most valuable. Let DSG help you align your key stakeholders and build a compelling whiteboard story.

What do you dislike?

The reporting function needs some minor improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go all in with the full consultation, get buy in at the top of your sales organization before rolling out, make sure you set expectations that this will be the new way sales gets their messaging and that whiteboard presentations will be the new way to present to executives.

Giving sales teams the "what to say" and "how to say it" at their fingertips. Enabling them to have that executive meeting and get sponsorship to move forward into the account.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about vPlaybook
vPlaybook review by Administrator

"vPlaybook Review February 2018"

What do you like best?

vPlaybook is easy to navigate and use as the admin (creating new sections, etc.) The support team is excellent. It's hard to separate the vPlaybook piece from the DSG engagement. If that is irrelevant for this, please disregard, but when I moved into my role, the engagement with DSG was in place already and the playbooks were moving forward. It was easy to work with the team in designing the playbook and having the design team work quickly to get our content together before launch was great. The reason for my score of 8 is that I'm not sure if vPlaybook is available to companies without the full DSG messaging/process/coaching program (which would be a completely different question/recommendation I would be making).

What do you dislike?

As Director of Sales Enablement, part of my role is to ensure accessibility to content and measure absorption/adoption. Education tools typically have the ability to measure assessment and to include "learning paths", i.e. "first look here, and then here" etc. So in addition to our cost of vPlaybook, we had to implement an LMS that gave us the ability to do this. We also were not able to implement directly into Salesforce, which is our system of record and where we direct all of our sales reps to do most of their work.

From a tactical perspective, it would be nice to be able to assign users different roles for each playbook. For example, I may want our marketing team to directly build (and be a playbook owner for) a certain playbook but not have those rights to other playbooks they should have read/user rights to. It would also be nice if we could hyperlink between playbooks. I have not had success with that. I would like to be able to create my own page/section templates and have them available to me. Finally, it would be VERY NICE if it were possible to move/reshuffle pages and sections within a playbook (at least). For example, if I build a new playbook and realize I want another layer of pages or sections up-front, I can't just create a new page and move existing sections to it, I have to re-build them all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, not sure if this is related to engaging with DSG (which is a separate topic) or the Playbook technology itself. For the technology, it is easy to use, would recommended two-three people be trained by the vPlaybook team as admins when implementing. It is a great tool for global organizations, as it can be used by anyone anywhere.

It is a centralized repository for a lot of our content. That has been nice. Being able to add to/expand the playbooks has also been good, as we have added a section with documentation on internal Tangoe sales processes (and employee tasks like travel policy, etc.), and a deeper dive solutions playbook, as well as a repository of sales win debriefs. Having a professional tool validated the need for a sales enablement department and provided credibility to me, as someone new to the role.

What Sales Enablement solution do you use?

vPlaybook review by steven b.
steven b.

"Tools for sales success"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive content, from buyer personas to specific product plays, the vPlaybook gives sales and support teams access to best-in-class information and practices designed to enable effective conversations with clients and prospects.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, at times, is not as intuitive as I would like. You need to go through the vPlaybook a number of times to learn how to access and find information you may be looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DSG team is awesome to work with and has developed a strong trust relationship with my overall team. We had an implementation of a very complex vPlaybook in less than three months...very aggressive but has been very successful. Really awesome team.

Better and consistent information, product knowledge and product value summaries, shared across varied disciplines and divisions, to help everyone be more successful. Prior to vPlaybook, you either called someone from another division to get caught up or you had to invite more people to a meeting in order to cover specific aspects of a deal or conversation.

vPlaybook review by Mitchell C.
Mitchell C.

"Great tool for aligning messaging and positioning throughout the sales org"

What do you like best?

The vPlaybook is easy to use and easy to learn. It allows our sales reps to quickly learn the content how to navigate and especially how to whiteboard.

What do you dislike?

It would be helpful if there were additional reports to help us track how often a person logged into vPlaybook and some additional reporting abilities

vPlaybook has helped Flexential in two important ways. First, it has helped our new hires ramp up faster and gives them the talking points they need to have business discussions quickly. Second, it allows us to house all of our messaging, positioning and talking points in one place, that can be easily accessed on the road

vPlaybook review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Very happy with vPLaybook!"

What do you like best?

The ability to have a customized solution for our sales versus a canned approach makes this tool quite useful.

What do you dislike?

Not much. We are working to tie this into our instance of Sales Force which will increase adoption. Having to log into a separate system does negatively impact adoption.

We are moving away from a transactional sales approach where each order is unique and is confined to just a machine to one that is more about the overall relationship with the customer and becoming a solution provider.

vPlaybook review by iolanda s.
iolanda s.

"Very effective and great tool to a quick start in to selling a solution"

What do you like best?

Information is put in a very intuitive and easy-to-find way; it can even be exported to be used in real sales environment.

What do you dislike?

The tool should be completed with more information,

You learn how to easily face sales calls and meetings; how to deal with the sales cycle. One of the main benefit is that you get very useful information in a quick way, which avoids losing time searching for the right sources. The playbook covers all the relevant dimensions to win a sales opportunity.

vPlaybook review by Andrew O.
Andrew O.

"My review of vPlaybook"

What do you like best?

I love that it enables Sales and Business Development folks to carry around a playbook with them at all times, can use it both online and offline and be continuously up to date with our latest solutions and their enhancements.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, but sometimes slow to sync on mobile devices.

It's a great way for Product and Portfolio leaders to push out our messages to the sales force, to keep them up to date and informed.

"vPlaybook Sales Resource"

What do you like best?

The vPlaybook is simple to use and has great information in an organized manner. The content is rich and dynamic with video components to demonstrate how to use the ideas presented. Having resources that can be downloaded such as question sheets, presentations and product guides with competitive positioning is really helpful in the field.

What do you dislike?

It's not really a dislike, but I wish there was a way to save or identify "favorites" in order to more easily find the resources and content that I find most useful. It would be great to be able to put those items in one section for myself or do something to identify the information that I particularly liked, but need to study more or access in the future swiftly.

I also wish it was better on mobile. I believe we will add it to a company app in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you think ahead so updates and changes to content can be navigated easily, especially in the resource section. Keep a master list of the content for future reference.

We're trying to instill sales methodology and messaging. Benefits of the vPlaybook include easy navigation, options for video and written content, and content organization with practical application/examples. It's user-friendly and appeals to new and seasoned sales reps.

vPlaybook review by Marie-Laure F.
Marie-Laure F.

"An innovative way to share information more effectively"

What do you like best?

vPlaybooks look professional, are easy to build and update. They provide users with the ability to access critical content, anytime, anywhere.

What do you dislike?

Managing the viewing reports per Director can become complex in our organization because of organizational changes.

Bringing key information into the hands of our stakeholders. The vplaybook supports a criticial mind shift in our sales organization. It allows us to implement our sales enablement strategies much more effectively.

vPlaybook review by Sherry  A.
Sherry A.

"Great tool for sales team "

What do you like best?

Easy access and navigation of sales messages. The videos are great way to refresh on content before client meetings.

What do you dislike?

System can be slow at times when accessing online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy setup and administrative functions makes this tool great. Lots of reporting and analytics to understand how users are doing with system.

Providing common messaging to multiple business units. Consistent information across organizations.

vPlaybook review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Active user and administrator"

What do you like best?

Amazing tool to find all Information on one place and also to store your own templates for conversation with clients

What do you dislike?

Pretty slow editing process, that requires a Long waiting time before the Content Can be saved. Video Format and size is a big disadvantage and Limitation and also slow downs Content update process

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the size of your Content meets technical requrements

Pushing sales in a market Segment. vPlaybook does increase the size of the deal

vPlaybook review by Stephen H.
Stephen H.

"Useability"

What do you like best?

Our content is great but the functionality and useability of the playbook developed by DSG is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I truly find value in everything this playbook has

moving our sales conversations up market and driving faster cycle times in sales process

vPlaybook review by Administrator in Computer Software

"SAP SuccessFactors Value2Win allows me to accelerate the sales process and meet customer expectation"

What do you like best?

The Value2Win interactive vPlaybook allows me to use features tailored sales content, value-based messaging, and tools designed to allow me have credible conversations and in addition ensures successful value selling based sales campaigns.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, nothing, i love the structure of it.

Grows Pipeline & Deal Growth

Higher Conversion Rate

Increase Transaction Volume & Net New Names

Reduce Time-to-Productivity for Sales Representatives

vPlaybook review by Pierre-Olivier V.
Pierre-Olivier V.

"vPlaybook as a key enabler of the SITA sales excellence initiative"

What do you like best?

Great format/structure to capture content - easy to use - like the offline capability

What do you dislike?

Even if it has improved over the last years: lack of reporting capabilities - integration with Salesforce.com or at high cost

Recommendations to others considering the product

vPlaybook administration should switch to in-house - to get autonomy in updating content

Excellent for new joiners - professional onboarding

vPlaybook review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"vPlaybook....a how to guide to drive increased sales and rep knowledge"

What do you like best?

Flexibility to tailor it to your process and link to resources and materials sales reps can use in the sales process

What do you dislike?

some of the visual elements could be enhanced

Recommendations to others considering the product

highly recommend

Helps our sales reps apply our sales process in a more consistent way. We have people talking a common language and approach

"Great system!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use by the user. My team can access the content both on and offline which is extremely helpful for my remote sales teams.

What do you dislike?

I would have to say that at one year into the program, there isn't anything that I dislike about the system.

Streamlined positioning and messaging. We have seen an increase in up-sells and better knowledge of our solutions across the sales team.

"Good stuff!"

What do you like best?

The vPlyabook is a comprehensive, one-stop shop that can quickly ramp employees into a new concept - whether it's new messaging, or a product launch.

What do you dislike?

The end result is great - but I found this to be a very expensive investment.

Changing focus of sales reps from being transactional print salespeople to becoming marketing consultants. The vPlaybook helps reduce ramp time!

vPlaybook review by Scott F.
Scott F.

"Outstanding for new sales members"

What do you like best?

Great for new team members and reminders

What do you dislike?

Requires discipline sometimes lacking in sales

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, several companies

Standardized messaging.

Learn more about vPlaybook

vPlaybook Videos

vPlaybook Downloads

Learning about vPlaybook?

* We monitor all vPlaybook reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.