vRanger

3.9

vRanger software provides high-speed backup and recovery of VMware®, Microsoft® Hyper-V®, and physical Windows Server® environments.

Work for vRanger?

Learning about vRanger?

Categories

vRanger Reviews

Ask vRanger a Question
Showing 12 vRanger reviews
vRanger review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"It's a great tool for backup and rapid recovery of your virtual environment"

What do you like best?

Quest vRanger have come a long way for backuping up virtual environments. We use it to backup our VMware virtual environment. Let me tell you that the product is really focus on virtual backups, and do a great job. I like the fact that you can backup to any disk solution you have and can do a granular recovery with little time to spare. The compression and deduplication helps a lot. We just need a server with local storage or SAN access and thats it. The wizard for creating backup jobs and scheduling is really simple and intuitive. You can also backup physical servers if you are interested.

What do you dislike?

Well I think for the most part is that even though you can also backup physical servers, I will better stay with another solution for that purpose.

Recommendations to others considering the product

vRanger is a great tool for backup virtual environments, but if you are looking for also backup physical serves, you will have to look for another tool for those physical servers. Also I recommend a training. You can learn it by yourself but it will be better to take a training so you can customize it for your needs, and take advantage of the more advanced features.

With vRanger we have being backup our VMware virtual environment for over 2 years and we have some situations where we needed to restore and had always work. Also if you need to migrate from old vCenter and clusters installation, you can backup and restore and thats it. no mess. its simple.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about vRanger
vRanger review by Shai H.
Shai H.

"Vranger 7.1"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Vranger for over 3 years now and thinks it is a very good and reliable product. I like it mostly for its simple and clean Interface and the fact that it gets the job done quick and easy. There are not too many options to configure and it works very well with our Vsphere Vmware Environment. I haven't tried using the Physical backups at all or the Hyper-V. Restores are usually very quick and easy to setup. I even Restored a Linux Machine Last week. Usually just a few clicks. File level restore is very fast and very useful. Another very good selling point for me is that there are hardly any problems with the jobs and/or configurations and if there are - Customer service is Local (very important) and very good.

What do you dislike?

You need to be careful with the Hot-add feature and the snapshot technology it relies on in general. Before using this Product, it is a very good idea to really understand how VMware works and how Snapshots and Backups can affect a running Server in Production. I also don't like that you cannot do a File Level Restore on a Dynamic Disk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't need to many options that the Big Vendors offer this product is worth considering.

Performing Daily Incremental backups and Weekly Full backups on about 50 Servers and 75 VDI Machines. I keep this backup on Disk for Quick Restores for a month.

What Backup solution do you use?

vRanger review by Administrator

"Good tools for backing up virtual machine"

What do you like best?

The way to automate and to customize the backup process is really good and let you save a lot of time and make as flexible as you need

What do you dislike?

Maybe there are too many options to setup up and you just have to do it for the first time

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try with the trial version and I am sure you will be very happy with the features that offer you. Efficient way of taking backup and very deep level of customization

It helps you to save time and optimize your resources

vRanger review by Brian M.
Brian M.

"It was been a great Product to use and very easy interface."

What do you like best?

The ease of use and it actually works. The interface makes sense. You don't have to guess where stuff is. When you get errors they are pretty specific and you can find most fixes online.

What do you dislike?

I really have not had any major issues so far. Like i said before If i do get errors I can usually find the answer online or call support.

Being able to backup all of our VMs with the ability to restore full VMs and single files. Being able to backup full VM server is great for DR situations. Being able to being a server back online after a crash is great. It really takes no time at all.

vRanger review by Kelly W.
Kelly W.

"Great Backup"

What do you like best?

That it allows you to organize not only your pc backups but multiple backups that save time and energy anytime an incident happens

What do you dislike?

Takes time to get adjusted to the software interface

Excellent for information and data recovery as well as a means of confidence in data storage.

vRanger review by Eric I.
Eric I.

"Product is simple, easy to use, and reliable. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use is by far the best quality of the product. I was able to come into the company with no training on vRanger and pick up on how to manage it very quickly.

What do you dislike?

We did see some drawbacks in large scalability, some issues with cleanup of old backups on data domain, causing manual removal for recovering space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the product, fits your company's goals and requirements. You will be very satisfied.

Disaster recovery is a huge benefit with this product, very much point and click for recovers. No need to manage indexes or database's for D/R big plus.

vRanger review by Nicole M.
Nicole M.

"g2 should be called g1 "

What do you like best?

I like how efficient it is. It helps me to streamline my work

What do you dislike?

I dislike the loading time. runs slow all the time!

I was able to determine the cause of so many complaints in our depart

vRanger review by Ian Z.
Ian Z.

"vRanger Review"

What do you like best?

Easy to follow user interface, automatic reports, setting up alerts

What do you dislike?

- The use of wizard for any small changes needed to make, user will have to go through the wizard. Wizard should only be used when creating a job.

- Removing snapshots disconnecting VMs, I know this is a VMware thing but something should be done here

- Recreating the jobs if the vRanger server is reinstalled. There should be a configuration backup that can easily be imported.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- Use powershell scripts to automate repetitive job creation

- We have to drop vRanger and NetBackup and moved to Actifio as part of our storage upgrade to integrate all backups

- system availability

- disaster recovery

- quick recovery of VMs and files

vRanger review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Easy Efficient Back Up"

What do you like best?

This was really easy to set up and use. It was a quick and efficient way to backup our stuff.

What do you dislike?

The backup has stalled and failed a couple of times, so I question the reliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be best if you had someone to monitor it and deal with issues as they arise.

We felt that we needed to backup our data and this does that for us.

vRanger review by Sidney W.
Sidney W.

"V ranger the way to go in back up"

What do you like best?

Installing /running set up is very easy.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind at the moment its served me well

Backup solution for major firms

vRanger review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"excellent solution for VmWare backups."

What do you like best?

The ease of product. Basically once you setup job it runs and I just verify that repository has backups.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of. Application works as advertised. If one thing maybe the inability to see some server files with FLR. I upgraded server to 2012 but there are some instances when the ability to restore files via FLR does not work.

The ability to quickly create backup jobs of our servers. The FLR option is great to retrive files.

vRanger review by Administrator in Insurance
Administrator in Insurance

"Great product but lacking some features"

What do you like best?

Able to backup VM's without the need of a client

What do you dislike?

Lacking new features, DELL needs to spend more time with this product.

Granular file restores for VM's has been one of the best features. Make's it quick and easy to restore.

Learning about vRanger?

* We monitor all vRanger reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories