What do you like best?
Easy to follow user interface, automatic reports, setting up alerts
What do you dislike?
- The use of wizard for any small changes needed to make, user will have to go through the wizard. Wizard should only be used when creating a job.
- Removing snapshots disconnecting VMs, I know this is a VMware thing but something should be done here
- Recreating the jobs if the vRanger server is reinstalled. There should be a configuration backup that can easily be imported.
Recommendations to others considering the product
- Use powershell scripts to automate repetitive job creation
- We have to drop vRanger and NetBackup and moved to Actifio as part of our storage upgrade to integrate all backups
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- system availability
- disaster recovery
- quick recovery of VMs and files