Wagepoint

Wagepoint is a Simple, Fast & Friendly Payroll Software for Small Businesses & Startups across North America.

Work for Wagepoint?

Showing 40 WagePoint reviews
WagePoint review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Very fast response times and affordable to use.

What do you dislike?

Ran into some issues with the state getting confirmation that we paid our taxes. But the Wagepoint support team was good about getting us proof to send in within a few days of a tax notice.

For someone who was overseeing the accounting for a small division, outsourcing payroll to a company that could do it for only a few employees at a very low price was key. Wagepoint was extremely responsive, provides a lot for a very low price. For example, they don't charge extra for W2 preparation. For a company with a small income statement, they are ideal.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wagepoint
WagePoint review by <span>Roland C.</span>
Roland C.
Validated Review

It's not just the product, it's the people!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Based on the research I'd conducted I knew that Wagepoint was precisely the tool that I needed to help demystify payroll for our small startup. What I hadn't expected was just how much care and support the team at Wagepoint would offer. They really went above & beyond to address every question I had and even the ones I didn't know I had.

What do you dislike?

I'd really be splitting hairs to come up with something negative to say about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unbelievably simple to use backed by a team that knows payroll and gets support. Wagepoint is our partner in payroll.

Wagepoint made super easy to setup and administer payroll, and the Trac add-on makes it equally as easy for our employees to submit and track their time.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Payroll solution do you use?

WagePoint review by User in Internet
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy, intuitive software & awesome people

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike. FINALLY a system that does what it says it does and is easy to use. THANK YOU WAGEPOINT!!!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do yourself a favour and don't go with ANYONE ELSE. You will just face headaches and issues and ultimately SimplePay or others, will just leave you high and dry. You DEFINITELY get what you pay for and while WagePoint may be slightly more expensive than the others, it's money well spent. All other providers have hidden costs that they don't tell you about. WagePoint is fixed cost and no surprises. What I also LOVE about it is that they have a portal for employees to access. What a FABULOUS service! I give them a 15 out of 10

I was using SimplePay, or as I like to call them...NOT SO SimplePay and they are HORRIFIC. NEVER EVER EVER use that system. You will regret it. I was fed up with them, they came highly recommended, I contact and left them a message after hours and I got a call back! I was DESPERATE to go to another provider and they provided me with that opportunity. What a sleek system and the people....WOW. What incredible people. Thank you WagePoint! You've saved my SANITY.

WagePoint review by <span>Ryan C.</span>
Ryan C.

Payroll made easy

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Ease of use and simplicity. With this tool I am able to run payroll for 7 companies and over 30 employees in under 15 minutes per pay run. It also looks after the remittance to the CRA so that bill never sneaks up on one of our clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to complain about I love this system and it has allowed our accounting firm to manage our clients payroll seamlessly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it, and never worry about the hassle of running payroll again.

Our goal for this tool was to drastically reduced the time spent on payroll for our firm and our clients. The benefits reached far beyond, wagepoint now looks after all or our clients T4 and ROE requirements as well.

WagePoint review by <span>Ross F.</span>
Ross F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best part about Wagepoint is the speed of contact. Whenever I've had a question, I can submit it via email (instead of wasting time calling into a call centre), and I get a response in an incredibly timely manner. And more than that, the person that sent me the original response is the person you can continue to deal with for any back-and-forth - you don't get shuttled around from person to person responding from a generic catch-all email inbox!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything to dislike. There's been a couple of minor errors at times, but Wagepoint has handled and corrected them exceptionally well and I'm completely happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch - you'll be glad you did, especially if you're running a small business and wear a lot of hats.

They've been immensely helpful with specific detail questions that I wasn't sure how to handle. They very much take a 'partner' role, rather than the "you're on your own, and don't F it up" attitude I got at ADP and Ceridian in the past.

WagePoint review by <span>Boris S.</span>
Boris S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is easy enough to use as an app and I love support, being small I feel like I can get responses quickly

What do you dislike?

I originally signed up for bitcoin support, but it since dissipated. So that is one thing

Also there are some features that I really need as a business that are missing, this is relating to 401k and such as well as integration with other things like freshbooks, lessaccounting, xero, some of this has been in the works for some time but I do not see a lot of features released.

I would like to be able to make the retirement contributions in a simple way and without having to think about it. Set it and forget it and know that you are saving for retirement.

I am waiting and trying to stick around, but at some point there is not enough to hold me back other than pain of switching.

No Mobile support as far as I know. No App, no responsive website. Though I have no checked for a while. There are some things that could be better in UI/UX. That being said I am picky when it comes to this kind of thing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple system that is easy to use with good customer support Wagepoint is good.

Depending on some cases it can probably lack features that you want and you would need to find another place to get them and then figure out the best way to use 2 or more systems together.

I want to have ease and not loose too much control and I do not want to work with a giant machine like intuit or adp. So I naturally look at Zenefits, zen payroll, Wagepoint and others. They are small, they are agile and flexible they are able to work and evolve faster and release features. So some of these things are realized.

But it also seems that when business enters growth phase the emphasis is on customer acquisition and feature release can slow down a lot.

Learning about Wagepoint?

* We monitor all Wagepoint reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.