WageWorks

3.7

WageWorks cares about people and wants to empower everyones employers, employees, and their families to lead healthier, happier, and more productive lives.

Work for WageWorks?

Learning about WageWorks?

WageWorks Reviews

Showing 27 WageWorks reviews
G2 Crowd User

"It's awful, I dread using it."

What do you like best?

I don't like the service at all. If I ran HR at my company we would go with another provider.

What do you dislike?

Basically I feel like anything I do through wageworks is 10 times as difficult as it should be. Some examples:

Money I've contributed "expires" in that you have to use it during a certain time period. This doesn't make sense, I made the contribution, it's my money, I should be able to use it anytime I want.

Bike Transit expenses are particularly difficult. I have to print a form, fill it out, attach receipts and then wait.. nothing gets updated online and if I want a status update I need to call and go through an automated phone tree. This is a benefit that I get through my work for free and I never use it because it's such a hassle.

I've also had to call in personally on other things that should be view-able in the web portal.. why has my claim been "pending" for so long? Oh, call the number and come to find out it's never going to be processed because there weren't enough funds in the account.

The system we used to use just gave you a debit card that had the money you'd contributed to the account, there was no paperwork or phone calls or any hassle.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WageWorks
G2 Crowd User

"General use of the WageWorks site for vision and dental expenses"

What do you like best?

Being able to submit all expenses online

What do you dislike?

Some expenses I submitted, that are necessary, were decline for some reason, but it wasn't worth my time to fight it (the expense should have otherwise been obvious to me).

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a user point-of-view (not a partner or paying customer), it would be *very* helpful if you better outline all approved expenses for vision and dental, if participants are in a high deductible health care program. For example, I wear contact lenses, which require the use of a solution. When I submitted the expense for the solution, it was denied without a good reason. However, it was not a high enough expense for me to spend the time to fight it, so I was out of pocket on that money. More detailed explanations of denied claims would then be very helpful. It would also be nice to receive email notifications when a claim has been updated, rather than me having to login each time to check.

I can't otherwise comment on pricing/service, because I'm not the paying customer rep from our company. I'm just the employee using the tool, which, as noted above, has some room for improvement.

What Benefits Administration Services solution do you use?

WageWorks review by Kolby B.
Kolby B.

"Great for pretax benefits"

What do you like best?

Very easy to submit claims and all of the processing is done automatically. As an employee, I simply fill out the forms, submit my request and I get an email when it is finalized and ready to be approved.

What do you dislike?

The user interface seems a little old school. They could use some work on the design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a tool to help with employee benefits, look no further. This tool has everything I need.

WageWorks review by G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services
G2 Crowd User in Information Technology and Services

"Wageworks Review"

What do you like best?

Before Wageworks, I had to manually send a check to the HQ of the building company which was in a different state. Now I don't have to worry about it as its all taken care of. The UI is also quite simple and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many dislikes as I only use it every so often to make sure all my benefits are aligned and being paid out. There is not much else to Wageworks as far as my utilization goes, it helps solve the problem of not understanding your benefits and provides visuals to help you contextualize it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple and intuitive tool to enable employees to see and mange their benefits.

WageWorks review by Angela S.
Angela S.

"Super useful but can be difficult to use"

What do you like best?

The site is very secure and provides a lot of helpful information.

What do you dislike?

The language/with regards to the process of ordering commuter cards is VERY confusing. I missed the deadline for a benefit month because the language on the site didn’t make clear to me that in order for the balance to be refilled on my commuter card, I’d have to “order a commuter card” for the next month, which made no sense.

WageWorks review by Polina G.
Polina G.

"Web interface can use some UI improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that I can manage my account online and that I get notified when a claim status is updated.

What do you dislike?

When I'm checking status of FSA claims or making updates, I often find myself getting lost in the interface. It's a bit complicated and looks very dated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You probably don't have a choice, since there aren't any competitors for it.

WageWorks review by Shelander H.
Shelander H.

"Painstaking invoice track"

What do you like best?

minimizing the worry about having cash to cover medical expenses, prescriptions etc.

What do you dislike?

each swipe of the card to proven medical facilities, I would have to submit a receipt to prove type of purchase as if I can purchase a chair from the optometrist. It was quite frustrating to submit receipts from the eye Dr. for eyeglasses purchased

Recommendations to others considering the product

look for improved documentation recordings

WageWorks review by sana p.
sana p.

"good"

What do you like best?

they have good customer service and are helpful when i call

What do you dislike?

i dont like that we cant change anything after the 10th of the month. even if you miss the deadline by a day and theres still a a couple of weeks left for the new order to actually be effective.arrive

"complete scam!!"

What do you like best?

WageWorks is a complete scam. It is a means to take your money under the guise of a commuter tax-free option.

What do you dislike?

Unless you monitor your payments and claims constantly you will almost certainly fall victim of their scheme. I have been putting in money for commuting on transit. What they fail to tell you is that unless you use the funds each month in entirety they will keep the remaining funds. Don't believe their line "the funds rollover", maybe but you won't be able to actually access it.

WageWorks review by Michelle B.
Michelle B.

"Convenient way to buy a metrocard"

What do you like best?

I like that the money is pre-tax and that I can access the money using a debit card directly at the ticket machines.

What do you dislike?

I don't love their website, I think it could be more streamlined and updated. Looks like it hasn't been updated in many years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let the bad website deter you.

WageWorks review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"Nice for some specific uses"

What do you like best?

I like that there are flows that navigate me through the various programs and help me make my requests.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel like there are too many clicks to do some simple tasks. While I never really feel lost it seems I take a long time to do simple things like submit a claim. I don't know if this just how my company has integrated with the WageWorks or if it's the system itself, though.

WageWorks review by G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care
G2 Crowd User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good product"

What do you like best?

It was easy to adjust the amount of money I put on my transportation debit card each month!!

What do you dislike?

The platform seemed a little out-dated and not as smooth to use as I would've liked, but it didn't really create any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can call them to talk through which option is best for your transportation situation! Make sure you remember to adjust the amount of money re-loaded each month if you don't want to be spending too much.

WageWorks review by Vicky K.
Vicky K.

"Nice HSA and Commute benefits provider"

What do you like best?

Good HSA service. Easy access toHS account with balance and spendings

What do you dislike?

Quite a lot of emails are being sent out every month on promotional basis.

G2 Crowd User

"Ease to use, Adds Value"

What do you like best?

Its very easy to use and the navigation is very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! :) Didn't have an issues and was please all around with the solution.

WageWorks review by Luke G.
Luke G.

"Simple way to save money on commuting expenses"

What do you like best?

It's like using a debit card to pay for parking. Simple to set up and very convenient.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far but I haven't explored all of the product's features.

WageWorks review by lavanya c.
lavanya c.

"it's great"

What do you like best?

it has a simple deisign and very easy to use

What do you dislike?

nothing really. May be gets difficult to locate information

G2 Crowd User

"An adequate software in a pretty dismal pool of competitors"

What do you like best?

The UI was ok by the standards of web experiences in general, but above the crowd in the specific realm of benefits systems.

What do you dislike?

The settings and information presented were occasionally confusing, getting phone support was tough, and the phone agents generally were low-level and not able to help.

G2 Crowd User

"Worst service.Not at all user-friendly"

What do you like best?

Very useful but only in some very specific cases

What do you dislike?

Customer support is a disaster. They can barely speak English. I'm not sure they understand my problem or even if they understood it, they're not competent enough to solve the issue. complete waste of time

"Wageworks feedback"

What do you like best?

The fact that I can do everything online.

What do you dislike?

I often get request for receipts for the same service providers. I should not have to provide a receipt every time when I always use the same dentist, for example.

"Great asset"

What do you like best?

The Flexible Spending card is key. It's easy to use at pharmacies and the site keeps track of my expenses and remaining balance.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have a lot that I was unhappy with.

"very satisfied"

What do you like best?

website to change amount for subway card every month

What do you dislike?

gets confusing when clicking on changing the amount for subway card per month. WEbsite could be more clear.

"Great customer support!"

What do you like best?

Simple, intuitive and easy to use. The customer service executive walked me through all steps

What do you dislike?

The ui could be slightly improved to make it more fluid

G2 Crowd User

"Easy to use reimbursement site"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to upload receipts and then get reimbursed for expenses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it's difficult to keep track of all of the different areas for benefits.

G2 Crowd User

"Plan ahead and you'll be fine!"

What do you like best?

I like having the credit card available. It helps a lot.

What do you dislike?

Not always consistent to when I need to upload a receipt.

WageWorks review by G2 Crowd User in Internet
G2 Crowd User in Internet

"WageWorks Review"

What do you like best?

It allows me to file claims for expenses.

What do you dislike?

The UI of the website and navigation of the application is a little confusing and complicated.

"easy, online system"

What do you like best?

submitting claims online - very easy to do

What do you dislike?

confusing list of accounts when leftover from previous years

WageWorks review by G2 Crowd User in Music
G2 Crowd User in Music

"It's been great!"

What do you like best?

i like the convenience of the mobile app

What do you dislike?

nothing comes to my mind so far right now

Learning about WageWorks?

* We monitor all WageWorks reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.