Wasp InventoryControl

3.1

Wasp InventoryControl provides asset, inventory, and time & attendance systems using barcode technologies.

Work for Wasp InventoryControl?

Learning about Wasp?

Wasp InventoryControl Reviews

Ask Wasp a Question
Showing 8 Wasp reviews
Wasp review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"Very simple and effective software to help you manage purchases and inventory."

What do you like best?

WASP Inventory Control has a lot of features built in to a very affordable and customizable package for use in self-employed to small business sized companies. The menus are very easy to view and use and the administration is super easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

The only area where I feel the software comes up a little short is being able to customize the built-in forms and reports on your own. You cannot edit the forms and reports that are generated by the software. These forms are created by crystal reports and if you want them customized (i.e. having a company logo or changing the order of fields or labels of fields and boxes on your purchase order printouts), you have to pay WASP or a WASP Reseller to customize the report for you and then provide you with the new form report file to install on all of your workstations that use the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a quick solution to setup and manage your purchasing, inventory and barcoding needs, this is a super affordable package that can you get you up and running in a day or 2 without a steep learning curve! Setup is easy and quick. I do recommend having a centralized server to load the database on. Install on the server first and select the option to install the database. Then, on all workstations, don't select the database install option during installation. All you have to do is put the server name and database name in the fields when prompted during installs on workstations to get it working.

We utilize WASP Inventory Control to handle all of our purchasing and Inventory needs. It works very well in most cases but sometimes we have to invent some solutions to do a complicated order with custom parts, design requirements and services. Overall though, it works great for most of our needs. There are quite a lot of features that are helpful if you take the time to learn them and train your staff on their processes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wasp InventoryControl
Wasp review by Pat S.
Pat S.

"Do not buy if you have Brother printers"

What do you like best?

It has a very good tutorial for getting you started. Explains every step that you have to take to create a new barcode. This is the most detailed tutorial like this I have ever seen.

What do you dislike?

This software does not work with Brother printers. Unfortunately, I have only Brother printers so it is totally non-functional. I was told that I could not get a refund because this was a digital download (I was told ahead of time this was the case but I assumed that the software would be functional). I did ask if it would work with standard printers and was told that I did not need to buy a special printer.

Need to generate UPC barcodes for wine bottles that do not have barcodes provided by the producer. It appears that this software would have worked if it interacted properly with Brother printers

What Inventory Control solution do you use?

Wasp review by Isabel W.
Isabel W.

"WASP inventory review"

What do you like best?

It is very convenient to change and update the active inventory that we have in the our store! The software works quickly and doesn't slow us down on busy days.

What do you dislike?

The layout could be easier to read and understand.

We always know exactly what we need more of in the store, even from our managing location, without needing to physically count our inventory.

Wasp review by Lee L.
Lee L.

"WASP System "

What do you like best?

Easy use of the system and help desk if very friendly

What do you dislike?

It has some limitation, since it is hosted on your own server. No updates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with the cloud base if it is offered

It has helped us keep track of our inventory in stock and track what items was shipped out to clients.

Wasp review by Administrator

"WASP is the most flexible, usable barcoding program we have found."

What do you like best?

WASP allows users to completely customize output features - which is a rare find with most barcoding software today. It has a surprisingly large amount of functionality - also rarely found at such a low price point.

What do you dislike?

Not too many complaints - although our sales rep was not very knowledgeable about the programs capabilities. Had I not been as I educated on other products on the market as I was - I would have been lost during the sales process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask to trial more than one program - there are a myriad of really useful options from Wasp.

CUstom Barcoding, Custom Printing, overall inventory control that we were never quite able to achieve before using this product.

Wasp review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great depending on use case"

What do you like best?

The amount of data / fields you are able to enter data into and then subsequently sort

What do you dislike?

Interface could use a bit of updating, however I believe we are using an older version. So a newer version may provide a better interface

This has enabled us to track, change and manage our assets across our institution. It has also made our surplus process a little more refined.

Wasp review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Affordable Solution"

What do you like best?

Wasp has helped us bring our inventory into the 21st Century! Easily receive, maintain, and audit inventories of all sizes!

What do you dislike?

While there has been a learning curve with the software, I don't have any complaints. I think this would be faced regardless of the platform. Transiting to a system like this will likely have bumps.

Easily maintain and audit our inventory. This has saved us hours of personnel time.

Wasp review by Steve D.
Steve D.

"Great for small businesses with short parts lists"

What do you like best?

Easy to deploy and manage. Uncluttered interface with csv export.

What do you dislike?

Very clunky when dealing with complex parts and assemblies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere if you need complex kits accessed easily.

Needed a basic inventory management system. Wasp works, but is not intended for large company usage.

Learning about Wasp InventoryControl?

* We monitor all Wasp InventoryControl reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.