WatchGuard

Network security, email security and data loss prevention appliances

Work for WatchGuard?
Sucuri  review  2x

Learning about WatchGuard?

WatchGuard Reviews

Showing 20 WatchGuard reviews
WatchGuard review by <span>James M.</span>
James M.

Complete Security Solution in one box

What do you like best?

I came from a background of Fortinet, Cisco and other firewalls so watchguard was something that i had to take time to learn and review its features. I have to say that i'm very impressed by the number of features it has, and the ease at which you can enable things. We now have the total security suite running at all our sites, as well as TDR additions and havnet looked back.

What do you dislike?

The devices we have come with a single PSU and no option to upgrade, seems you have to splash out a fair whack more to get that addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enable all the features and dont be afraid to talk to their tech support when setting it up to ensure you get the firewall rules "just right"

This is our perimieter defenence, web filtering, AV scanning, DLP, malware, APT and ransomeware protection (basically everything)

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WatchGuard
WatchGuard review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

Robust protection, easy to deploy

What do you like best?

The WatchGuard System Manager provides an easy to use interface that makes it a breeze to understand the configuration of the device.

What do you dislike?

Unable to connect with the Watchguard System Manager with the admin/config credential, you have to use the status/readonly account to initially connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since learning to work with watchguard products I dread working with any other firewalls, Sonicwall, CIsco ASA and Fortigaurd/Fortigate have complicated interfaces that make you dig through multiple tabs to configure simple rules, the Watchguard System Manager is almost too easy to use.

Watchguard allows us to secure the networks of our clients while permitting for easy and safe communication. The SSL VPN client makes it simple to allow remote users to connect to network resources without opening them up to attack

What Firewall solution do you use?

WatchGuard review by <span>Gerald W.</span>
Gerald W.

Over four years managing WatchGuard products

What do you like best?

The feature set is very robust and versatile. There are multiple options for software and addon upgrades to achieve the level of security your business is looking for.

What do you dislike?

It was a difficult transition to WatchGuard when my only prior experience had been using Cisco devices. I do think placement of certain components and features could be better designed and implemented. I also don't find the traffic management very easy to read and understand.

We use WatchGuard Fireboxes at 4 offices. It creates an easy setup for VPN and has allowed for granular control of of the firewall policies at each office.

WatchGuard review by <span>Gregory K.</span>
Gregory K.

Easy to use VPN application

What do you like best?

Watch Guard provides a simple and easy to use interface to connect to a VPN. Watch Guard can save your VPN information for easy feature access. The automatic updating process is also very helpful. Each time there is a new version Watch Guard will prompt the user to download and install the latest version

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that VPN connection seems to be interrupted and the session drops. It's pretty easy to reconnect though

We need to remote into our customers servers all around the country. Watch Guard helps us connect to them with minimal effort

WatchGuard review by User

Very Helpful Program

What do you like best?

I really like that it is a secure portal that has many options and will allow for working remotely. It allows me to access my desktop and several other work functions remotely instead of needing to be in the office. It is a secure connection that works with the security systems set up internally which safeguards the information.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I would indicate is that it seems to only work well on internet explorer. I would like to see the interface be compatible with Google Chrome and or Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great product with multi-level security that would be an asset to any company with remote workers.

It is not necessarily a problem, however it does provide a solution for working from home. It helps for those who need to be out of the office for family reasons or traveling purposes. The benefits of allowing remote work is that more can be accomplished even if someone is not able to make it into the office.

WatchGuard review by Administrator in Oil & Energy
Administrator in Oil & Energy

Robust, Fully Featured and Easy to Manage

What do you like best?

One of the keys to good security is visibility. Watchguard provides a wealth of well designed tools that give you a clear picture into your first line of defense.

The Firewall itself has a range of security options and security layers that can be implemented and adjusted according to your environment.

The policies are easy to set up and manage, and Watchguard's online documentation is outstanding.

For the most part the support is well trained and helpful, I haven't had any major support problems in the 6 years I've been a customer

What do you dislike?

If you submit a support case online, sometimes it can take 24-48 hrs before it gets picked up. I've had good sucess submitting a case online, then calling a few hours later if it hasn't been assigned to a tech.

The licensing process is a bit of a chore, but it's not a huge problem since it's only done annually at most.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a number of other players out there that offer comparable products. The key is what tools does that vendor offer that allows me to gain a clear understanding of what my perimeter defenses are doing. I feel that Watchguard offers a wealth of excellent tools that are well documented and supported.

Our perimeter is secure, and I feel like I have a good picture into my network traffic.

Learning about WatchGuard?

* We monitor all WatchGuard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.