WatchGuard

Network security, email security and data loss prevention appliances

Work for WatchGuard?

Learning about WatchGuard?

WatchGuard Reviews

Showing 21 WatchGuard reviews
WatchGuard review by <span>Nishant T.</span>
Nishant T.

"Nice but slow"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can access my Electronic Medical Record (EMR) from home. It makes life easier and happier. I can access my software/EHR from any place from any device. The only problem is accessing this product from outside can be a headache as it is very slow to connect. It lets you do your work at your convenience as well. It also takes you back to the place where you left off in case it freezes or is disconnected. It automatically saves the work as well.

What do you dislike?

It can be very slow and annoying at times. It takes several minutes before you can finally access it. If there is a problem with connection and you are disconnected, it takes several minutes before you can re-access it. I would love it to be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very good product. It helps you be more productive. It lets you access your product from different places and devices. Makes life much easier. It can be easily authorized to multiple users and they would appreciate it all the times. There are not much update needed. It does take up a lot of space and may make the pc slow.

more people can access EMR from home. More productivity is always welcome. It also frees up desktops at work. You can take your laptop at work and work as you move different places and at different times of the day.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WatchGuard
WatchGuard review by <span>James M.</span>
James M.

"Complete Security Solution in one box"

What do you like best?

I came from a background of Fortinet, Cisco and other firewalls so watchguard was something that i had to take time to learn and review its features. I have to say that i'm very impressed by the number of features it has, and the ease at which you can enable things. We now have the total security suite running at all our sites, as well as TDR additions and havnet looked back.

What do you dislike?

The devices we have come with a single PSU and no option to upgrade, seems you have to splash out a fair whack more to get that addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Enable all the features and dont be afraid to talk to their tech support when setting it up to ensure you get the firewall rules "just right"

This is our perimieter defenence, web filtering, AV scanning, DLP, malware, APT and ransomeware protection (basically everything)

What Firewall solution do you use?

WatchGuard review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

"Robust protection, easy to deploy "

What do you like best?

The WatchGuard System Manager provides an easy to use interface that makes it a breeze to understand the configuration of the device.

What do you dislike?

Unable to connect with the Watchguard System Manager with the admin/config credential, you have to use the status/readonly account to initially connect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since learning to work with watchguard products I dread working with any other firewalls, Sonicwall, CIsco ASA and Fortigaurd/Fortigate have complicated interfaces that make you dig through multiple tabs to configure simple rules, the Watchguard System Manager is almost too easy to use.

Watchguard allows us to secure the networks of our clients while permitting for easy and safe communication. The SSL VPN client makes it simple to allow remote users to connect to network resources without opening them up to attack

WatchGuard review by <span>Gerald W.</span>
Gerald W.

"Over four years managing WatchGuard products"

What do you like best?

The feature set is very robust and versatile. There are multiple options for software and addon upgrades to achieve the level of security your business is looking for.

What do you dislike?

It was a difficult transition to WatchGuard when my only prior experience had been using Cisco devices. I do think placement of certain components and features could be better designed and implemented. I also don't find the traffic management very easy to read and understand.

We use WatchGuard Fireboxes at 4 offices. It creates an easy setup for VPN and has allowed for granular control of of the firewall policies at each office.

WatchGuard review by <span>Gregory K.</span>
Gregory K.

"Easy to use VPN application"

What do you like best?

Watch Guard provides a simple and easy to use interface to connect to a VPN. Watch Guard can save your VPN information for easy feature access. The automatic updating process is also very helpful. Each time there is a new version Watch Guard will prompt the user to download and install the latest version

What do you dislike?

Sometimes that VPN connection seems to be interrupted and the session drops. It's pretty easy to reconnect though

We need to remote into our customers servers all around the country. Watch Guard helps us connect to them with minimal effort

WatchGuard review by User

"Very Helpful Program"

What do you like best?

I really like that it is a secure portal that has many options and will allow for working remotely. It allows me to access my desktop and several other work functions remotely instead of needing to be in the office. It is a secure connection that works with the security systems set up internally which safeguards the information.

What do you dislike?

The only drawback that I would indicate is that it seems to only work well on internet explorer. I would like to see the interface be compatible with Google Chrome and or Firefox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great product with multi-level security that would be an asset to any company with remote workers.

It is not necessarily a problem, however it does provide a solution for working from home. It helps for those who need to be out of the office for family reasons or traveling purposes. The benefits of allowing remote work is that more can be accomplished even if someone is not able to make it into the office.

Learning about WatchGuard?

* We monitor all WatchGuard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.