Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Wave Payroll

(4 reviews)

Wave delivers innovative financial services and award-winning free software to small- and micro-businesses around the world.

Work for Wave Payroll?

Learning about Wave Payroll?

Wave Payroll Reviews

Showing 4 Wave Payroll reviews
Wave Payroll review by Kingsley C.
Kingsley C.

"Good for smaller companies, without much reporting need. It works well though!"

What do you like best?

The Ux and platform is fairly intuitive and it works well. Also their online forums have most of the issues that I have encountered documented so a quick google search usually will resolve. Lastly I have emailed the support team and they have been helpful, if it is not a simple task to resolve via email, I can get them on the phone to fix things quickly.

What do you dislike?

Two big things I dislike about the platform. 1) it is not very flexible. Certain things, such as the inability to select individuals to process their pay bugs me, the only time you can do that is if the employee is terminated. Where it gets confusing is, if you terminate someone after payroll has been submitted. Then we need to do manual adjustments. Also their system does not have the feature to send us an email on the day payroll needs to be submitted, instead it sends it out 2 days ahead of time, and not again on the day of. Last thing I dislike is the lack of reports that I can generate, for example departmental allocation. Possibly the features are there, but I have yet to stumble upon them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great system when you start your business, eventually might want to move to a higher level system unless Wave develops new tools more rapidly.

Payroll semi monthly, reimbursement of expense reports, deduction of employee's portion of extended health. It is a great price, it works well and I am overall happy with it. Compared to ADP or Ceridian, it's easy to use, looks good, but lacks the reporting feature. Also it is a Canadian company! Love to support fellow Canadian businesses.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wave Payroll
Wave Payroll review by Silvia G.
Silvia G.

"Wave payroll review"

What do you like best?

It was easy to use this software especially when sending invoices and receipts to clients. It helped us differentiate which client had overdue invoices and which one had partially paid or fully paid. It helped us keep proper records for receipts since anyone could download the wave receipts on the phone and take a picture of the receipt for accounting purposes.

What do you dislike?

I experienced nothing wrong with this software. It was the best and it really helped us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this software to any kind of business. It can help you save time and money. It was easy to use and it kept upgrading for the best of our company.

This was an excellent tool for accounting and billing. It was easy to create an account and compare its monthly report to that from the bank. Anyone could use even if they didn't not have accounting background.

What Payroll solution do you use?

Wave Payroll review by Jennifer H.
Jennifer H.

"well designed with a simple to use interface and great tools for administering your payroll"

What do you like best?

It is so user friendly. It really helps keeps you on track with payroll. I like all of the additional optional utilities. You can really make the most of it.

What do you dislike?

I do not think that there is anything that I dislike about Wave payroll. It is a great utility.

Wave payroll makes payroll simple for its customers. I know that if I ever have an issue, Wave is there to help anytime.

Wave Payroll review by Chris K.
Chris K.

"Wave is the most incredible system I've ever used"

What do you like best?

I LOVE Wave. They continually better their software, and it's the simplest to use and understand compared to all the other ones out there.

What do you dislike?

There's absolutely nothing that I dislike about Wave.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you aren't using it, it's time you simplify your life and do so.

I'm solving both my payroll headaches and my billing issues with Wave.

There are not enough reviews of Wave Payroll for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Paychex Flex Logo
Paychex Flex
4.0
(595 reviews)
Paychex reduces the complexity and risk of running your own payroll, while ensuring greater accuracy with up-to-date tax rates and regulatory information.
SurePayroll Logo
SurePayroll
(316 reviews)
SurePayroll online payroll services for small businesses make payroll easy. Run payroll online. Enter hours, review, approve. Ensure tax compliance.
Gusto Payroll Logo
Gusto Payroll
(234 reviews)
Payroll, benefits, and HR made refreshingly easy.
APS Payroll Solution Logo
APS Payroll Solution
4.7
(216 reviews)
APS provides you with the tools to power through payroll, reduce costs, and simplify your workforce processes.
Patriot Payroll Logo
Patriot Payroll
4.8
(213 reviews)
Patriot Payroll is online payroll software for small business owners
ADP RUN Logo
ADP RUN
(98 reviews)
Whether you’ve been in business for 25 years or you’re just getting started, RUN Powered by ADP® can help. They've spent countless hours — and burned through even more cups of coffee — building a smarter, simpler, and more affordable payroll, tax and HR solution to help you get back to the work that matters most to you.
Intuit Payroll Logo
Intuit Payroll
3.9
(59 reviews)
Online Payroll Services from Intuit. Run payroll online in 2 minutes. Online Payroll Services from Intuit make it easy to run payroll anywhere, anytime. Print paychecks, payroll forms, error free taxes, live help and more.
OnPay Logo
OnPay
4.9
(57 reviews)
Payroll has never been easier. OnPay™ delivers a simple, modern and affordable solution for payroll.
Wagepoint Logo
Wagepoint
(42 reviews)
Wagepoint is a Simple, Fast & Friendly Payroll Software for Small Businesses & Startups across North America.
Fuse Workforce Management Logo
Fuse Workforce Management
4.7
(38 reviews)
The Fuse Workforce Management platform unites time and attendance management, human resources management, and payroll into one system.

Learning about Wave Payroll?

* We monitor all Wave Payroll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.