Wave

The world's fastest growing small business accounting software.

Work for Wave?

Learning about Wave?

Wave Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 119 Wave reviews
Wave review by <span>Katie T.</span>
Katie T.

Wave Apps is the most important service I use for my business

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Wave is that you can see at a glance how your business is doing, and compare it to last year. I've tried other accounting software and they don't come close to the information Wave gives you.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I don't like about Wave. It checks all the boxes I need to run my business AND it has features I don't need yet but will as my business grows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is literally no downside to trying Wave, it's 100% free to use all the features, no trial, no tiered packages. Their paid version is exactly the same, except you get priority support. You can also pay for a Payroll service for $24/month, which I think is more than fair. Wave has transformed my business and I look even more professional because of their billing options. I can set my clients up with any type of billing schedule they like just like a larger company could and it's all automated!

The major problem I'm solving is having my books organized for FREE. Not only is it accounting software, the invoicing is amazing. I no longer need an invoicing software and an accounting software.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wave
Wave review by <span>Kristine N.</span>
Kristine N.

Free bookkeeping for freelancers

What do you like best?

I love that this app is free! If you want to receive payments through the app there is a fee, but for keeping track of income and expenses, it's free, which is all I need as a small freelancer.

What do you dislike?

Uploading a receipt takes a long time to process (like I've always given up on waiting and the next time I come back it's finally there). And I can't edit/enter any of the receipt into until it's done processing. So that's annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're just starting out or have a small operation, this is a good starting place!

The software I was using to track my expenses before was on a hard disk download, but I didn't buy an upgrade every year and the last time I updated my computer, the software started crashing on me. So I needed to either upgrade or switch to something else. I didn't want to invest a lot of money in tracking my expenses, but wanted something that would keep track and save time with sending invoices. Wave seems to be doing both.

What Small-Business Accounting solution do you use?

Wave review by <span>Jessica F.</span>
Jessica F.

Overall good free product

What do you like best?

The price tag can't be beat. You only pay to process payments or payroll. If you don't need either service it's 100% free to use. It has all of the basic features that a freelance or a small service-based business needs. You are able to have multiple companies and unlimited collaborators. The product is constantly being improved as I see offers to beta test new features and have benefited from several new features released during the years that I have been using it.

What do you dislike?

Upselling advertising that you can't get rid off, while it's unobtrusive and they have to make money somehow, I wish that I could hide it after a while. Customer support is very friendly and usually useful but only available via e-mail or chat so if you have an urgent concern there is no phone number to call.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't lose anything by trying it. Cost for payment processing and payroll is competitive, everything else is free. If you need inventory tracking, purchase orders, credit memos or class tracking, this isn't the product for you.

I used it when my business first started and I didn't have the funds for a paid service, I was so pleased with it that I kept using over the years and have helped clients implement it. Invoicing is easy, aesthetic and online payments are great and low-cost. It's very easy to configure recurring invoices and automatic payements.

Wave review by <span>Ian S.</span>
Ian S.

There Are Probably Better Options Out There, But This Is Free

What do you like best?

I like the recurring invoices best, but even this could be improved. I have to wait for Wave's set time to see them reoccur instead of immediately after midnight on the date they are to recur.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely detest that if a customer overpays an invoice, it doesn't really keep track automatically and apply the overpayment to the next invoice that the customer receives.

There are workarounds for some things, but these are not always very handy. I also do not like that it is difficult to create your own accounts, for example, a separate "Gas" and "Electricity" expense account. There are some ways to create new accounts, but it's awkward, in my opinion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you might like it. I like that it is free. But there are probably better options out there.

I use Linux for my desktop, and unfortunately, there are not a lot of accounting/book keeping applications for Linux. There is one that I used to use and really liked called Quasar, but unfortunately it won't run on some newer distributions. So Wave solves that problem for me in that I can continue to use Linux and have some of the features I want in an accounting app.

Wave review by <span>Krista B.</span>
Krista B.

The best and easiest accounting and invoice tool ever

What do you like best?

This tool has made it possible to operate very efficiently when managing my accounting and invoicing needs. I can login via Google Auth and link bank accounts (inluding Paypal & others) to import transactions. All I have to do is go in periodically and label the transactions (expenses/income etc..) and it will perform reporting for me. My quarterly sales tax and annual taxes are a breeze. Also, I use this to invoice customers & when they pay - it imports those income deposits so it's all centralized. I can save customer profiles and they can save their payment info for auto billing. Customer service is very responsive to all inquiries. They also have a payroll service available.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I wish I could do is null out the remaining balances on partially paid invoices without deleting the invoices if I choose to waive the remaining balance. Also - this is not a dislike but rather a feature wish - it would be magical if it integrated with more productivity tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an all-in-one solution. I highly recommend to others looking for something for their business.

I am able to have a centralized place for my accounting and invoicing that didn't take an arduous set up time. It was very user intuitive and make corrections as I go along and learn more about accounting best practices.

Wave review by <span>Sandeep K.</span>
Sandeep K.

Best hosted software for invoicing

What do you like best?

Simple invoicing for small businesses and its hosted so it seeks the ease of small businesses for developing a invoice software and hosting that. its quite simple and easy to use for a normal employee with sort-cut popups.

What do you dislike?

Employee payroll is not available in indian currency. Also most of the things can not be deleted, like configured taxes ( It may be because of dependency ) as tax configurations been used for existing invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If need is accounting software you can go with wave it gives good customization options for startups.

I remember wave got started as a invoicing software and we have started just for invoicing and now its a accounting software. We are now using for invoicing and tracking records of payments. It solved a problem of developing a software and managing all taking care by wave.

Learning about Wave?

* We monitor all Wave reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.