WaveMaker Rapid

WaveMaker Rapid is a rapid application development environment for building, maintaining and modernizing business-critical Web 2.0 applications.

Work for WaveMaker Rapid?

Learning about WaveMaker Rapid?

WaveMaker Rapid Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 14 WaveMaker Rapid reviews
WaveMaker Rapid review by Martin R.
Martin R.

"Wavemaker is an awesome product !!!!!!"

What do you like best?

Wavemaker has evolved since its birth to become a solid platform for development. Its flexibility is outstanding but what makes it really awesome is how it speeds up the development lifecycle. There is a learning curve to get started. But if you already know how to code in Java and Javascript then you only need to learn how Wavemaker binds things together. I recently started using WAVELens and was absolutely blown away .......it is just incredible. I can now make changes to my Hybrid mobile application and immediately test them on my device. No need to compile an apk file which I then have to download and then upload to the device AND then upload the test website. The changes are instant!!!!!

I only have to refresh the WAVELens app on my device and boom............its there ready for testing with all the usual console output. Its simply incredible. Oh and did I mention the support >?? It is well above the bar. They really treat you and your application with very careful attention. They are an incredible team.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I really disliked has been fixed by WAVELens......what else can I say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will not regret it.

Building a complex web application for staff resourcing and scheduling

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WaveMaker Rapid
WaveMaker Rapid review by Zarrar S.
Zarrar S.

"Wavemake is by far the best development platform no matter how it is compared. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Reduction of many third party and add-on software such as DB schema and management tools, security, roles, permissions, aesthetics and theme, API connectors, and so much more. The most important area is the use Java without having to get stuck with boilerplate, and verbose code. Wavemaker reduces code writing by more than 80%.

Deployment is across the board to web, and mobile (iOS, Android). No other platform gives this much. The role of Java is very important as it has widely available libraries, and has matured to become very stable. Other languages have not matured or adopted to the level of Java.

For us, the decision was to move away from module and depencies often associated with WordPress, Drupal and other popular platforms. In addition, .NET and ,many others do not have an IDE that reduces code writing. In order to save time and work within budget we needed a RAD tool to make the deadline. This was only possible with Wavemaker.

The vast number of Java libraries made it seamless to integrate Wavemaker to AWS, CloudFront for our video sharing project. Wavemaker is a vast tool beyond the scope of this review. Try it yourself and see how much time can be saved.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about Wavemaker. Initially the price was a hurdle, but since then Wavemaker has made is affordable for such a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended!!

We are solving the problem of connecting to Amazon Web Services and Cloudfront without having to be tied up to modules and plugins of open source projects.

What Low-Code Development Platforms solution do you use?

WaveMaker Rapid review by Rodrigo M.
Rodrigo M.

"Wavemaker rocks!"

What do you like best?

Wavemaker enables us to do much more with fewer headcount and generates pristine code and interface with drag and drop;

We are in an age where we are not isolated programmers anymore, we work in communities and groups that transcend organizational borders; Wavemaker proves it true when renders us a fantastic customer care support that helps us to harvest the most from the tool in a very reduced time span.

At the end, Wavemaker delivers what it claims: the generated code does follow best practices and ultimately enforces ourselves to follow these practices.

What do you dislike?

Debugging documentation needs improvement so we could rely less on customer support, but I'm sure this is something Wavemaker will fulfill soon and gracefully.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We took advantage of already knowing some ancillary frameworks adopted by Wavemaker so, it was also encouraged us adopting Wavemaker. Although not so necessary at first glance, The learning cost for mastering such frameworks should be considered.

We are developing a mission critical application in the competitive analysis arena. Wavemaker is our workbench of choice to accomplish that.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Andi D.
Andi D.

"Best RAD environment ever worked!"

What do you like best?

WaveMaker is a very easy to use RAD environment, with a lot of handful and professional features.

The best thing, it does offer a very clean interface, and deployed apps just work perfectly!

We can develop applications very fast and make it available to our users on the fly.

What do you dislike?

None at all. We are very satisfied with the features WaveMaker offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend WaveMaker because it is a very easy to use and very completed RAD solution. You just build the apps very fast.

We use it to build from very small apps to more complex ones, that facilitate our employees daily work.

Also, WaveMaker offers powerful security level features for the applications you build, and very easy to use.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Great speed on development"

What do you like best?

Integration with backend rest and database is what we are looking for. We don't need anymore software installation at customer site.

In two months we have completed and delivered custom development projects for our customers. With visual studio we could not have such a speed.

The ability to export the webapp in WAR format, allows those who have already an internal J2EE infrastructure, to start immediately with the developed webapp in minutes.

The support with the chat is very good, fast and reliable...

What do you dislike?

The store procedure editor could be better...

Recommendations to others considering the product

I reccomend other to use Wm because they did not have to install nothing....

My small company did not develop custom software because the webapp were difficult and long. Now we can bring quick results, with responsive webapp, developed for on all devices and intergrated with the rest and sql database....bees ....

WaveMaker Rapid review by Jerry B.
Jerry B.

"Wavemaker RAD"

What do you like best?

Rapid Application Development in a browser and its WYSIWG

No IDE required

Industry Standard Server technologies (java, docker)

Latest Client WEB technologies (HTML5, Angular-JS, CSS, javascript)

Can deploy WEB / Mobile Hybrid apps

Connect multiple data sources on one page (DATABASE, WEB services, etc)

Built in production level ready CSS themes

Built in template interfaces to popular 3rd party apps (FaceBook, YouTube, Twitter)

The best implementation / support team I have worked with

What do you dislike?

For myself coming from a different platform the learning curve was slow at the start only due to that the product is using cutting edge technologies.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to check this product out. Once you get their concept of how to build applications you are off to the races.

modernizing web applications. The wavemaker platform uses the latest HTML5 / Docket based technologies and they keep releasing new version to keep up.

WaveMaker Rapid review by User in Research
User in Research

"Faster development using WaveMaker"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of integration of cloud & deployment of application. The response time of customer service and flexibility of the tools. they are simple and solve common day to day application development requirements.

What do you dislike?

Need additional templates and sample applications. this makes it easy and quick to get started with components with no need to read documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

hey i wanted a quick solution that would reduce my frontend development time using modern frameworks that i already knew e.g. javascript. I also wanted the tool to generate both mobile and web. Wavemaker filled that need as i do alot of backend stuff and want a way to quickly build frontend which is not our core focus. That's where wavemaker is shinning and perfectly solving that need. We use wavemaker to quickly build data driven forms, and display processed data to users. And a bonus point is the integration with AWS which is our main backend cloud provider. We run almost entirely on AWS and wavemaker makes it easy to quickly deploy the solution to AWS with one click.

I build alot of backend machine learning algorithms. I use wavemaker to quickly integrate with my APIs on the cloud and share with clients.

I also use wavemaker for quick visualizations and data driven frontends. I have tried the mobile build and looks fantastic.

In total, wavemaker has saved me about 60% of design and coding of frontend applications.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Anthony B.
Anthony B.

"Great solution for both beginners and experts"

What do you like best?

I first started using WaveMaker (6.7.0) over a year ago. I wanted to make some improvements to a in-house webapp a co-worker developed. I was unfamiliar with and had little experience with application development tools like WaveMaker, but I found it incredibly easy to learn. After a year of learning and using WaveMaker, I can say that I'm pretty familiar with how everything works and have even created new apps from scratch with ease.

What do you dislike?

There's a lot of little things I don't like about WaveMaker. For one, it was incredibly slow when using it on my computer (Windows-based). If I had a more powerful computer, I think this would allow me to develop faster and not have to wait for screens and fields to load within the app. Another cause of this slowness was probably by own doing. I tried to create a huge webapp using just one page. This meant that all the javascript, layers, panels, fields, etc. had to be loaded when the one page of my app loaded. This was noticeable when trying to make a simple change to a field. I have since made the app more robust and split out layers/screens onto their own separate pages. This has definitely sped things up.

The other problems were related to LiveVariable views. Everytime I updated the Java code or Database, it removed some of the fields from my LiveVariable Views, which in turned removed columns from my DojoGrids. This is very annoying. Similarly, updates to my database (MySQL) usually requires me to reimport the entire database into my WaveMaker project again. I had to also add back in my HQL quieries. Again, very annoying.

I hope some of these things have been fixed in the more recent versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendation to others considering WaveMaker is to join some forums and view what others have done within WaveMaker. For the most part, I was able to search on the internet for answers and see solutions for problems I ran into. If you are a new user to rapid app development using WYSIWYG, then I can definitely recommend WaveMaker.

The apps that I create using WaveMaker are a UI for static and dynamic data from a database (MySQL). They solutions have been developed to allow others in my company to configure and monitor data in complex data integration projects. Prior to having these webapps, other Solution Architects like myself would configure and monitor the data directly within the database, using database tools like Toad.

I have realized that WaveMaker is such a powerful tool with lots of additional features and functionality that I haven't even used yet. And that is just within the version I'm using (6.7.0). There have since been updated versions of WaveMaker which I am sure include fixes and additional features.

I don't have much experience with other Rapid API app development software, but I my overall experience with WaveMaker has been mostly positive.

WaveMaker Rapid review by McCourt C.
McCourt C.

"Wavemaker - Little Known Hero"

What do you like best?

The ease of design and the online IDE are pretty slick.

Easy of integration of data services is amazing, would rival Servoy or File Maker.

I first looked at this when looking for a viable alternative to Servoy.

The data layer was was pricked my interest.

Its very easy to build back end data services to connect with virtually any database.

What do you dislike?

Its taken a long time to get to a usable state.

I have been playing with this for over two years.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try.

The data layer is excellent.

We are building agile business applications deployed to private cloud for our clients within the Oil and Gas industry.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Britt W.
Britt W.

"Wavemaker 8.x"

What do you like best?

Highly abstracted front-end and back-end support. Great templating features promoting reuse. Browser based and no third party plugins required.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing to dislike! - Try it! - You should have a simple app running in less than 1 day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Needed cross-platform support and back-end support for direct SQL connects as well as mature web services in order to extend functionality of a manufacturing ERP package - without modifying the source codes of that package.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Erica M.
Erica M.

"I was able to get the things done that I was needing."

What do you like best?

How simple it was. As administrator I didn't have to ask too many questions.

What do you dislike?

Getting to multiple windows wasn't the easies thing.

How to get my apps working the quickest. With WaveMaker things move more quickly

WaveMaker Rapid review by Donald R.
Donald R.

"Happy Wavemaker Developer"

What do you like best?

Wavemaker has the best tech support I have ever seen. And the product itself is amazing.

What do you dislike?

That it is "Cloud Based", and that I must rely on an internet connection to work on my project. If not for that, I would consider Wavemaker a perfect fit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good Product

Barcode Scanning, CRM, ERM, Inventory Management, Providing the Fire/EMS Staff with a solution.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Michael P.
Michael P.

""Listen, there's a computer inside another computer. ""

What do you like best?

Management is super simplified when you don't have to worry about a zillion physical connections. Being able to scale down a datacenter by moving 10 cabinets worth of stuff into about 3 is absolutely brilliant.

There's also the ability to easily scale up.

Need more compute? - add more hosts or (just vMotion your machines to another host host) upgrade existing hosts!

Need more storage? - Add on to your SAN or if you're using vSan, just put more storage on your hosts.

What do you dislike?

The initial investment for licensing can be kind of rough but even compared to Hyper-V's free model, it's totally worth it.

Performance can still be a challenge when using shared storage for applications requiring a lot of IOps

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time with your initial implementation. There's nothing worse than getting everything setup for the first time and realizing you're already over-allocated.

Don't be afraid to push your hosts but, if you can, make sure you've got a good HA solution in place.

When in doubt, talk to your rep about your virtualization plans.

Don't get too carried away - make sure you know how a server or application is going to act once you virtualize it. Have a plan to go V2P if the need arises.

Datacenter management keeps getting easier the more systems we virtualize.

Hardware costs are easier to handle.

Setting up labs is a breeze.

Better server availability with HA and vMotion

Easy to migrate or clone a machine between datacenters.

WaveMaker Rapid review by Eduardo P.
Eduardo P.

"Wavemaker improved our lead time and results"

What do you like best?

User interface is the best thing that we like in the product

What do you dislike?

Even with GUI still requires some java script coding.

Solving: Lead Time

Benefits: UX

Learning about WaveMaker Rapid?

* We monitor all WaveMaker Rapid reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.