WealthEngine

Find prospects with the propensity to spend and the affinity to engage, then influence and retain them in unique and personal ways.

Work for WealthEngine?

Learning about WealthEngine?

WealthEngine Reviews

Ask WealthEngine a Question
Showing 40 WealthEngine reviews
WealthEngine review by Derek F.
Derek F.

"I have been using WealthEngine for many years and find it a very usefule tool."

What do you like best?

I like how WealthEngine evaluates our prospects in a variety of useful ways: Real Estate Value, Estimated Income, Donations to non-profits, Estimated Net Worth, etc. This helps us quickly identify our top prospects. The data is pretty accurate, but like any research, you will want to do some of your own verification of the data. WealthEngine gives us a GREAT starting point in evaluating donors.

What do you dislike?

Because WealthEngine scans a variety of databases to gather it's information, some of the information retrieved is actually for a different person with the same name. I wish it was easy to remove incorrect data out of a prospect's profile.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use WealthEngine as my primary tool, but i use other sources as well. If you want to get the best profile/research possible, using multiple tools is the best option.

With 40,000 alumni in our database, we need a solution to quickly and easily identify those that have the most capacity to make an impact at our institution. WealthEngine has done that for us.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WealthEngine
WealthEngine review by Chase E.
Chase E.

"Recommend WE for Nonprofit Development"

What do you like best?

I particularly like the ease of individual search and the ability to find people who might be second degree connections of our nonprofit's constituents. The breakdown of a person's family foundations, Guidestar affiliations, and real estate have been especially helpful to me. I'm especially a fan of using nonprofit and organization search. Often there is a company that would be beneficial to have a connection with, but I don't know where to start or who to contact. Using Wealth Engine's organization search has saved me a lot of man-hours searching for the appropriate contact and their information.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about Wealth Engine, I've used it at three non-profits now, and I can say that the User Interface is seamless and easy to use. The chief functionality issue I have is with using the back button; sometimes, I imagine for whatever java is running in the background, the back button simply reloads the current page, and I have to use the navigation bars at the top of the screen. It's nothing too annoying, but it was something I had to learn about using the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take into consideration the price vs how often you use the product. As with all tools, WealthEngine is more powerful if you use it more often.

We use Wealth Engine to find prospects near our nonprofit. This includes, for us, finding people who have similar affinities to our nonprofit and who have the capacity to either make substantial gifts or who would benefit from learning more about our presence.

What Donor Prospect Research solution do you use?

WealthEngine review by Carole A.
Carole A.

"extremely positive experience with Wealth Engine"

What do you like best?

I like the breadth of the information so I can easily identify that it is John Smith in NYC vs. John Smith in LA. I like the source material because it gives me enough info so I know e.g. that someone has more assets but they're mostly in real estate

What do you dislike?

I probably just need training but am confused why some records aren't consolidated. But that isn't a major concern because I know that they're snapshots of the same person at different moments in time e.g. before they sold their company and AFTER

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a worthwhile investment for anyone trying to raise money whether in Development or for a company, new technology, or a product. There is literally no substitute for this information. Before Wealth Engine was available, this type of research would take days and frequently be wrong. That is never the case with Wealth Engine.

It helps me to determine one's giving capacity as opposed to having an educated guess. That is HUGE. I frequently only have one chance to pitch a donor and I need to get it right.

WealthEngine review by Jose L.
Jose L.

"Wealth Engine has revolutionized the way we fundraise"

What do you like best?

Wealth Engine provides easy to understand metrics and scores, it has an ease of use unmatched by its competitors, and the Salesforce integration is seamless and an incredible time saver. Additionally, there always seems to be a webinar for training or growing in the skill of searching for the right things to find the right people.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes manually searching for someone presents an endless waiting period and loading screen. When we do a mass upload for wealth scores we still get charged for the "50s" even though it doesn't provide us with any new data (although, admittedly, the problem with getting the "50s" lies on our end).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to get it integrated into your current CRM solution before you roll it out. This has saved us a ton of time.

We used to get new donors in and have to blindly target those who we thought might be the better prospects. Now with Wealth Engine, we're able to put data and numbers to the "targeting" process. Where we were shooting in the dark, now we're actually creating strategy and purpose behind each call, email, and visit.

WealthEngine review by Dawn B.
Dawn B.

"Good source for wealth information research"

What do you like best?

For me, the most useful area includes the wealth engine capability ratings, along with information on assets, income and net worth. the political giving section is also very nice to have included. The charitable donation records are improving, as well as the household profile information. Spouses are clearly identified in wealth engine, which is not always the case with other vendors.

What do you dislike?

The real estate section is often difficult to interpret, as it often includes many historical addresses that make it hard to determine current information. There is often overlap between those with similar names, as well, which will affect wealth ratings, so care must be taken.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WealthEngine is improving with the addition of new databases and business information. I use it in combination with several other resources to garner a complete picture

wealth engine gives us a nice snapshot view of prospects and allows us to quickly prioritize prospects based on capacity

WealthEngine review by Cassidy O.
Cassidy O.

"Wealth Engine works for Small Nonprofts"

What do you like best?

Beautiful interface, easy to use platform, and their customer service is great! We're using this software to ramp up our major gifts program in ways that would be very difficult to without it.

What do you dislike?

The price can be a little intimidating for a small organization. For us, it's worth it because we have a large enough donor base. I recommend that smaller organizations carefully assess their priorities before signing on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the training included in your package. It's important that you know and utilize the full potential of the software.

We're learning more about what motivates our donors to support our organization. We're also getting better at effectively budgeting our time on major donors.

WealthEngine review by User

"After three years, looking for an alternative"

What do you like best?

While it integrates with Salesforce, it is clunky and not "seamless" as described and touted. While price has been somewhat reasonable, we were just informed of a jump from @$3700/yr to $5,000/yr with no discernable improvements.

What do you dislike?

Donor giving histories are many years behind, and very incomplete. This is really important to me as wealth is important, but wealth doesn't matter if the prospect doesn't give. Their highest P2G (Propensity To Give) score supposedly measures wealth and history of major giving. However, I find that is often not true as donors will have the top score, but absolutely no giving history. System is very slow to load, especially if you drill down. Sometimes pages won't load at all. Salesforce integration is spotty, and you can't bulk screen under current agreement. New agreement seems to allow this up to 8,000 records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The market seems to be passing them by. This is a fast moving field, don't think they are keeping up.

Wealth Engine is better than no system, but only marginally helpful.

WealthEngine review by User

"Wealth Engine provides tools for success"

What do you like best?

Ease of use/navigation, cleanliness of interface, overall quality of data and information, ability to analyze and compare our data with that of the industry, responsiveness of staff and customer service!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, in the records themselves, there is conflicting data - real estate values, or ages of household members, for example - and that information can be very confusing. In these situations, because the data comes from public records, it is hard to tell what is most accurate. We are also new to the platform, so some of this could be a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for, and Wealth Engine is worth the price! If nothing else, the level of customer support is incredible.

Wealth Engine gives us an insight into our community and our constituents in a way that allows us to strategize most effectively for annual fundraising and special campaigns. The data we are able to get (and to trust) enables us to focus our efforts to achieve the greatest success.

WealthEngine review by Administrator

"An expansive resource providing company for non-profits"

What do you like best?

The customer service paired with easy to use/understand products have been by favorite aspect of working with Wealth Engine as our company has looked to improve our fundraising efforts.

What do you dislike?

The sheer volume of information available can be overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Attempt to understand what you want out of Wealth Engine before investing. Wealth Engine is a tool, but if your company doesnt have the resources or time or ability to use the tool it won't help. I very much recommend doing a demo and seeing what ways they may be able to help.

Our company needs to target our resources more wisely and Wealth Engine helps narrow down the customers interested in what we do and who have the means to help support us.

WealthEngine review by Nicole K.
Nicole K.

"Great for Research Purposes"

What do you like best?

We use WealthEngine on a daily basis to estimate certain wealth attributes of alumni in our database. I like how easy it is to use and I also like that the information provided is straight-forward and easy to interpret.

What do you dislike?

There really isn't anything I dislike about WealthEngine. This is by far my favorite product I use for work. It is also the easiest. I feel confident that the information provided is accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this product to individuals working in Advancement. It is a great prospect research tool!

We use WealthEngine when creating profiles for our alumni. We can find information regarding their giving capacities, stock information, and charitable giving history.

WealthEngine review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good reporting, but expensive/inflexible for a batch solution"

What do you like best?

Wealth Engine provides solid reporting that we have found to be generally accurate. When there's a match to find, WE has generally found it, and while the data isn't always perfect, it's a good indicator for where to start with fundraising and targeting mid and major level donors.

What do you dislike?

Batching data in and out of WE is frustratingly opaque, and the customer service leads something to be desired. Sales team also employs some rather shady 'used-car-dealer' negotiation styles - we were given the classic "we have this sale until friday at 4pm, it's the lowest ever, but you have to agree now, and we definitely can't offer the sale price next Monday which is when we are available to answer your questions about the product."

One final dislike - WE changed the way their data was reported a year or two ago, meaning there are now discrepancies between our data sets, which makes it hard to do comprehensive reporting for multiple years.

The largest benefit we've seen is an easy way to see help classify our donors into tiers - general, mid, major.

WealthEngine review by Phyllis S.
Phyllis S.

"One of the most comprehensive prospect research tools"

What do you like best?

The way the information is gathered and presented is very helpful in my position.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I need to re-check the information I'm seeing in WE. There are times when the information is old or incorrect, although they are few and far between.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Useful tool, well-organized, very user-friendly.

I am able to quickly gather a pool of high-level prospects on whom I put into our pipeline. It is helpful having detailed stockholdings on insiders.

WealthEngine review by User

"Silence the noise and get FOCUSED on top prospects"

What do you like best?

Look, this product isn't going to spoonfeed you donors who are going to drop a 6-figure donation on you tomorrow. What it will do is help you silence the noise and get focused on your top prospects. It's not perfect, but it's a million times better than winging it.

What do you dislike?

The user experience and user interface leaves some to be desired, but it's workable. We use it almost primarily through Salesforce, which helps.

We have tens of thousands of prospects that need qualifying. WealthEngine instantly qualifies those prospects in a way that saves me literally hundreds of hours of work.

WealthEngine review by Katie M.
Katie M.

"Wealth Engine for Non Profit"

What do you like best?

I have my reports set up to sync daily, so I know the exact time they will be there. It's helpful during a busy day.

What do you dislike?

I know I don't use this to the fullest, I need to spend some time learning more about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like I said, I don't know the ins and outs as well as I should, but it gets the job done.

I work for a hospital foundation, this helps us evaluate patients for outreach and prospecting.

WealthEngine review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Review of WE"

What do you like best?

The ease of navigation and accuracy of information

What do you dislike?

Its price, I would like for it to be more affordable

From a benefit standpoint, WE allows us to effectively screen potential donors before we approach them to make an ask. This program lets us better target which people we approach for different initiatives and amounts.

WealthEngine review by Lucas V.
Lucas V.

"Best App on the market for comprehensive wealth information and salesforce integration. "

What do you like best?

First off I love the fact that Wealth Engine continues to innovate their product. Every year since we have had wealth Engine they have added some type of new service. The support and sales people are wonderful to talk with and very helpful. They are by far and wide the best ones doing what they do with their their integration with salesforce.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that is somewhat negative is the price. It is by far the most expensive app that we subscribe to on an annual basis. However, the information that we can gather and insight that we can gain into our donor base is well worth the price tag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make this budget item in your annual budget, it is worth it.

Gain insight and knowledge on our donor bases wealth. The benefits are not only having this data directly in Salesforce but using it in meaningful and impact-full ways.

WealthEngine review by Taylor A.
Taylor A.

"Effeicent and Effective"

What do you like best?

The data base is full of useful information that would take me otherwise hours to find on a donor, done in seconds. Mass scoring is also incredibly useful, and the SalesForce integration is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that have not found a way to search people by email address.

The research phase for donor qualification has been cut in forth, and there information is easily verifiable. It has made strategic planning a dream.

WealthEngine review by April W.
April W.

"I would recommend Wealth Engine"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of Wealth Engine is the ability to perform unlimited one-off searches.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the wealth capacity ratings are inaccurate, especially when a constituent's name is common, or if you are searching for someone who is a "senior" "junior" or "III".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wealth Engine is easy to use and is a helpful tool for a prospect management and research department.

It helps us to prioritize our major gift suspects for outreach.

WealthEngine review by William T.
William T.

"I have been using WE for over 10 years. It is a very good aggregator of information."

What do you like best?

Their screening service helps in providing a rank-order list of prospects. While their giving capacities may be not be perfectly accurate, they do provide a starting point for further research.

What do you dislike?

There is still an issue with the merging of several individuals into one "super prospect."

A WE screening gave us a starting point to examine a list of 40K+ names.The main benefit is the time savings realized for the researchers.

WealthEngine review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Good product but data organization and verification could be better"

What do you like best?

I like that all the data for an individual can be seen on one page. Most data is good but all of it needs to be verified as some data changes quite rapidly especially for large donors.

What do you dislike?

Verification can be cumbersome. It can be hard to identify what is historical data and what is current data. For full integration with Salesforce their is a monthly cost per user. as a nonprofit this was out of our budget.

We have been able to do more targeted direct mailings based on the analysis WealthEngine has done on our database and their rating system. It has also been helpful as we prioritize who our development staff will meet with when they visit an area.

WealthEngine review by Agency in Philanthropy
Agency in Philanthropy

"Useful information"

What do you like best?

The profile provides a quick and useful overview of prospective donors' giving capacity. I can dig deeper to see preferred charities, causes and possible affiliations.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to run WE ratings in batches, using our Salesforce database.

Wealth Engine allows me to quickly spot prospective donors in a massive database of individuals. It has helped me segment my donor list and spend my time strategically.

WealthEngine review by User

"WealthEngine is One-Stop Shop for Assessing Giving Capacity"

What do you like best?

WealthEngine is critical for obtaining a reasonable understanding of an individual's capacity to give based on numerous factors, mostly highlighted in the full profile option.

What do you dislike?

Lack of connectivity back to organizations supported by individuals.

Assistance with identifying the right prospects for our endeavors and having access to a collection of information that would otherwise take more time to identify and organize.

WealthEngine review by Edward P.
Edward P.

"Incredible wealth screening tool"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Wealth Engine is the ability to connect everything directly into our CRM, Salesforce. It makes reporting, communication, and all the tools easier to use!

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you have to pay for all users to see the data in Wealth Engine and that was actually miscommunicated to me in the sales process.

We are able to screen all of our donor's and their giving potential. This helps us prioritize various relationships to increase our revenue.

WealthEngine review by Administrator in Research
Administrator in Research

"WealthEngine: simple wealth management, connected to Salesforce"

What do you like best?

WealthEngine offers a great wealth database. Its simple Salesforce integration helps us target our email campaigns, track campaign influence, and even plan personal outreach. Would recommend.

What do you dislike?

The Salesforce integration with WealthEngine can be a bit clunky. For instance, I have to set different contact page layouts by profile so non-WE users don't see an error where the app should appear.

It's great to be able to see prospective, current and past donors' activities, alongside their potential ability to give, click rates, campaign influence, etc. all in one place (Salesforce). WealthEngine is easily embedded into Salesforce contact records to give our fundraising team a nice overall sense of engagement.

WealthEngine review by Chris D.
Chris D.

"WealthEngine Delivers - Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

The results- we get very useful information on prospects and, overall, the product is VERY easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The bulk scoring templates can be somewhat difficult to get used to.

Validating purchasing power is the KEY benefit. The benefit to having that data is being able to offer appropriate level products based on purchasing power / net worth.

WealthEngine review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"Identify Good Prospects in Your Donor Pool"

What do you like best?

WealthEngine provides clear and simple wealth ratings for our prospects. In addition to that, they offer other innovative products like real-time prospect modeling which allow you to get to know your donors in a different way.

What do you dislike?

The results page can use some work. Sometimes the results lag a bit to load and it's hard to keep them neatly organized.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better when screening a large pool of donors or if you want to model your current pool.

This is a great tool to help feed annual giving prospects to our gift officers.

"Wealth Engine review"

What do you like best?

I liked best that my data came back ready to import directly into Raiser's Edge. It imported very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

That more of the returned data doesn't import into Raiser's Edge.

We are looking for new prospects for a capital project. WE has identified new prospects.

WealthEngine review by User

"Great source for donor information"

What do you like best?

I can verify spouse names and mailing addresses

What do you dislike?

It is not clear why some people show up in a search and others do not. Not sure what the criteria are for presence in the database.

Screening potential board members, verifying spouse names and residence addresses.

WealthEngine review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"WealthEngine review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use - to find basic information on prospects/donors. Information such as real estate holdings is pretty easy.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily up to date, and an overreliance on real estate holdings for estimated capacities of giving.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a tool, and not the end all for donor/prospect research. It has multiple databases, which is convenient and can give quick snapshots of donors. Also putting profiles together is very easy.

Not so much business problems being solved, but WealthEngine has been a good tool for us to use when researching prospects and getting an idea of their interests, capacity to contribute to our organization.

WealthEngine review by Saniya A.
Saniya A.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and pulling reports within a short period of time that are reliable

What do you dislike?

Sometimes cannot make sure if information is correct

Pulling quick capacity evaluations from the click of a button and searching property records with ease

WealthEngine review by User in Higher Education

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

Wealth Engine's search is easy to use. The results offer a lot of information. I really like that they show previous known addresses.

What do you dislike?

At time some of the information that comes back is outdated or wrong.

It helps finding new addresses.

WealthEngine review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Not much better or worse than competitors"

What do you like best?

It is really a means of streamlining the research process. All of the information is publically available through basic google and local property record searches. That said, it does the job fine.

What do you dislike?

Not the slickest interface/design. duplicate real estate records. outdated and incomplete charitable giving history.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fine. iWave is slicker.

It has helped streamline and organize the research process.

WealthEngine review by Executive Sponsor in Higher Education
Executive Sponsor in Higher Education

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

This product is easy to use. HelpDesk and training staff are very helpful to both teach and answer questions.

What do you dislike?

We began to use WealthEngine without any training. The problem was ours, not theirs. We failed to take advantage of the resources available and therefore did not use the software to its fullest potential.

Greater information about our donors and alumni was acquired.

WealthEngine review by Khoi D.
Khoi D.

"Director of Prospect Development"

What do you like best?

Corelogic real estate information - I can search for multiple properties across the U.S.

What do you dislike?

Gifts to other organizations are limited

None

WealthEngine review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Best prospect research tool"

What do you like best?

It is incredibly easy to find what you are looking for - wealth capacity, propensity to give, bequests, etc.

What do you dislike?

Profiles aren't the easiest to digest. I wish WE offered more customizations here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WE continues to offer the best improvements - if they don't have what you need right now, they will soon!

With the info that Wealth Engine provides, I was able to effectively streamline moves management strategies and increase annual fund donations. Wealth screenings were also incredibly easy to run!

WealthEngine review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Extremely helpful"

What do you like best?

Wealth engine makes it easy to focus attention on high-dollar donors, especially when conducting outreach to potential new donors.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information is not always accurate, which can make things difficult.

Wealth engine saves time by allowing users to identify donors with significant giving potential and focusing time and attention on those specific donors.

WealthEngine review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Disappointing customer service "

What do you like best?

The program has many areas that it can help a company with

What do you dislike?

Disappointing customer service and communication. The representatives are unresponsive and not helpful so much so that we discontinued use

We used wealth engine to help with our customer database

WealthEngine review by User in Higher Education

"Donor Prospecting "

What do you like best?

Provides at your fingertips (keyboard) information on your donor pool to provide better prospecting opportunities from your donor pool.

What do you dislike?

It can be expensive for smaller non-profits.

We are building up our donor pool and donor resaearch department and wealth engine has been helpful in this.

WealthEngine review by Administrator

"Great Service!"

What do you like best?

The information it gives on our donors and prospects

What do you dislike?

it can be a little vague and hard to grasp if not properly managed

We can learn more about our prospects

WealthEngine review by User

"Great tool for fundraisers"

What do you like best?

Being able to search on donors and find their financial information to prospect

What do you dislike?

Nothing at this moment. I really enjoy using the tool.

Finding donor information

Learning about WealthEngine?

* We monitor all WealthEngine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.