Webdam

Webdam provides a comprehensive range of tools to help your teams work fast and smart with their valuable digital assets.

Work for Webdam?

Learning about Webdam?

Webdam Reviews

Ask Webdam a Question
Showing 88 Webdam reviews
Webdam review by Amber G.
Amber G.

"Easy Content Sharing"

What do you like best?

With a secured account that I have been granted the password to through my department, I can share and view high quality images and videos across several departments in my company and download them instantly. It makes communicating on a tight deadline easy, eliminating the need for a request or email chain.

What do you dislike?

The organization of bucketed content could be improved, making it easier to navigate through several albums. I currently get lost at times trying to sort through so much material that I forget what I have already seen or where I left off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it as a mass storage and create a community style sharing of content. This provides consistency through streamlined content that everyone has been granted to using one account. My group knows that through our account we have access to only high resolution, approved images.

Communication is more simplified and it encourages resourcefulness instead of relying on others to provide content on a as needed basis. I have access to the resources I need in a secure location that will be available for me at all times.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webdam
Webdam review by Administrator

"Essential tool for interdepartmental work, technical setbacks"

What do you like best?

I have used webdam as a private server for a small team, and as a large database for a large constituency. It is as simple of a tool as possible, potentially, for making assets available to a lot of people at once, as long as those managing the database set it up mindfully and thoroughly.

What do you dislike?

It is easy to create a bad asset management system. This may not be a critique so much of the program itself, however I do think it could follow the example of other digital programs and create parameters that are more likely to set your system up for success.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While I wasn't involved in the roll-out of this product for my team, that process is something to consider. For large organizations it is a serious undertaking.

It has the great potential to impact the way different teams utilize your assets, and when used correctly can streamline delivery and distribution in ways that are infinitely better than stumbling through emails and dropbox links forever.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Webdam review by Conor H.
Conor H.

"WebDam Review"

What do you like best?

File Size Hosting. The ability to have photographers drop in files for the creative team and we can just pull full resolution images is key to successful graphics packaging.

What do you dislike?

The automatic logout. Occasionally if I have the program open and running in the background while I edit, the account will logout and it is mildly frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair it with OneHub for even easier file sharing abilities

Benefits are an ease of data sharing. Additionally the ability to send and receive feedback on active folders so all users can see and make changes to projects before we push them public is a key component to our success as a department.

Webdam review by Michelle K.
Michelle K.

"I Love WebDam/Shutterstock"

What do you like best?

The millions of images that they have. I can go to one central location and find all that I need. They have diverse images that takes the research out of having to go to multiple sites. I only go to one which allows me to access both WebDam and Shutterstock. I can toggle between the two.

What do you dislike?

I deal with business accounts and sometimes I'm not able to locate images that pertain to like a banking scenario or situation. I would like to see more of those images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love WebDam/Shutterstock. As I mentioned before the images are of high quality and there are many, many, many to choose from.

The benefit is having one central location to locate and store your images. And the images are fantastic.

Webdam review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Great user interface "

What do you like best?

It's very important for us for our end-users to find the database easy to use, as our potential audience is around 80,000. For the most part, users seem to find WebDAM easy to use.

Administering, uploading photos and making simple changes are fairly easy to handle, although there are some situations where we do need help from WebDAM to figure out.

What do you dislike?

The single biggest feature problem that affects users, is that we aren't able to custom edit the email that goes out to users after they register. We aren't able to tell them their account will be not activated immediately -- and when you're in the business of providing assets, customers are generally in a panicked state of needing them.

We had a lot of trouble setting up permissions for different groups to view or not view folders that required extended tech support with WebDAM. Because the process of doing this is not intuitive, it is hard to share this information with other administrators here.

- I would say that none of the feature suggestions we've send along have yet been implemented. So I do wonder what better, more important features other users of your product are sending that catch your eye.

Webdam review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Overall easy software use"

What do you like best?

WebDAM is an excellent product with a lot of potential. It is powerful, robust and configurable for most any set of circumstances in which it is used. Your support and customer service staff are absolutely wonderful! The webinars I've attended have been excellent and pertinent. Managing user access to specific folders/assets based on group membership is a fantastic custom option. This system has everything we were looking for in a Digital Asset Management system.

What do you dislike?

Parts of the interface are cumbersome. Sometimes it's too many clicks from here to there, sometimes it's just not easy to find the function: in training I've conducted thus far, I have had 3 people ask "How do I move files around? Can I drag and drop?" Managing users (folders maybe?), editing metadata on assets, viewing folder and asset data could all stand some improvement, but the functionality remains.

We've been experiencing some odd locking up issues as well. This seems to be related to the auto-logout function (it would be nice if the local administrator could set that auto-logout length of time). When it locks up, only restarting the browser returns functionality. **Have experienced this in Safari & Firefox on Mac OS

Webdam review by User

"Webdam is helpful for my organization. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy using webcam because It allows me to upload photos and releases ( I work for a non- profit that gathers a lot of photography from field), organize those photos into folders and categories through keywording. If I need an co-worker to look at one or multiple images I can pull file number and ask them to access the platform and review the file instead of downloading it onto my computer and starting an email thread- saving time.

What do you dislike?

From my experience, I have not been able to select and download multiple files at once when sorting throughout the site. This requires me to download as I go and sometimes I get lost in all the images and forget what I have already selected when going back to make sure I pulled everything I need. It would be helpful to have a side bar/ folder that allows me to drag content into, review and then download onto my computer after shifting throughout the entire site.

Using Webdam has solved organizational issues - it makes it easier for me to pull and download material that I can use for marketing campaigns, emails or social media. It also helps our non profit organization store all the photos in one place which each user can access.

Webdam review by Ben W.
Ben W.

"WebDAM user of 4 years"

What do you like best?

The ease of managing my assets. Once I figured out our metadata structure, the process became second nature. I like being able to share assets with colleagues, and the news media.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that folder titles are not incorporated into the search feature. Keywords are great, but sometimes you need to find (or it's easier to find) something by it's event name.

So-so performance using certain web browsers.

Annual price hikes

Overall the product is a little pricier than I feel it should be. For example, I was recently introduced to a plug-in feature that would allow me to access my photos via Adobe InDesign. In theory this is supposed to speed up my workflow. In reality, it would be a minimal gain. The real kicker however was that the price for just this one plug-in cost more than the price for a one-year subscription for the entire Adobe Creative Suite. This does not make sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Examine your needs, and the cost of asset management. Ask yourself if it really is worth spending the money with WebDAM over another company. WebDAM isn't the only game in town but it is definitely a pricey one.

The management/distribution of the university's photography assets. This has freed up numerous hours of our time that were once spent searching, and compiling individual requests for photos.

Webdam review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"The best DAM out there!"

What do you like best?

WebDAM regularly updates their product, as recommended by users. They listen and act, which I see as such a unique thing these days! I look forward each quarter to learning the changes and improvements. It keeps getting better!

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not as intuitive as I would like them to be, however, WebDAM offers plenty of educational resources to assist with learning.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak with a WebDAM representative to tailor the service to your company's specific, unique needs.

We collect images for the purpose of using them in print and web media. WebDAM offers a resource that allows us to easily store and browse image files. What I really enjoy about WebDAM is that we are able to cater the product to our needs. For example, we are increasing our use of video. For this reason, we added the multimedia module. This add-on allows all of our video footage to be stored in the cloud and viewed easily by all staff.

Webdam review by Stephanie E.
Stephanie E.

"Growing powerful asset management system"

What do you like best?

Among the many functions WebDAM provides, here are the highlighted few we fully take advantage of:

• Lighboxes and cross collaboration: WebDAM allows our organization to decentralize its assets for community members to collaborate through light-boxes and individually.

• Manage users: You can set and manage users access, which is great as we have many purchased photos that we don't want our 100+ employees having access to.

• Inactive photos: We can sunset photos to ensure dated photos aren't being downloaded and used

• Branded portal (beta): I haven't yet explored the branded portal, but the webinar I attended showed many additional options of customizing and branding the users portal

What do you dislike?

Our institution was one of the early adopters of WebDAM and have seen many of the functionalities improve as well as function be added for usability based off recommendations. The only issues that our department has come across is being able to properly find photos based on tags and meta data. We have found some images don't display when we have typed in the keywords. I would suggested based on industry, having "canned" tags readily available or when a tag is manually added, other tags are suggested based on the keyword/phrase. We aren't keywording experts so sometimes it's hard for us to determine what the college community would be typing in to find that particular image.

Mostly stated above in "What do you like best" our biggest obsticle prior to WebDAM, was searching for photos and having to manually find photos for the college community. Our staff was spending many hours searching photos for others within the college as they prepare their own on-demand marketing materials. It was frustrating and time not well spent for our staff. Thus, WebDAM's solution had provided the solution so we could decentralize or photo asset approach and allow users to search for their ideal image without having to spend hours.

Additionally, many times images that were being used were from years prior. Staff come and go and not all staff are aware of the year of the photo. This solution allows us to add a "shelf life" on the photos. They can become inactive after a defined timeframe. This is especially ideal when we have a 1 time event and don't want the prior year's event used. We can sunset them after 1 year.

Webdam review by Jennifer S.
Jennifer S.

"WebDAM helped us manage our photography and solve problems that we didn't know could be solved."

What do you like best?

I like that what I needed worked, out of the box. I felt like we had a very complicated problem but with every need that I presented, the WebDAM answer was, "We can take care of that."

What do you dislike?

For the extremely reasonable price, I can't really complain about anything. Most of the issues I have are more internal and making my colleagues happy. We have a lot of work to tag and it's a daunting task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think about what your needs are and have a consultant show you if those needs can be met. Think about the actual problems that you want solved, not your dream scenario.

Accessibility and an easy search method that leaves me out of the process while still protecting our photographers' copyright and contract agreement with us.

Webdam review by Nicole B.
Nicole B.

"WedDAM good!!!"

What do you like best?

The solution itself is great! It allows so many ways for my creative team to help manage, control and distribute our brand materials to internal and external folks. But what impressed me the most was the constant innovation and support that WedDAM provides. Our old system couldn't connect to external systems (like SFDC), took too long to upload materials, and could not give us the insight needed to manage our brand properly. With WebDAM, it is an instant upgrade and out of the gate we are in a better position to create a more consistent, global brand.

What do you dislike?

With all of the options, it is hard to know what you need out of the gate. But working with the WebDAM team we were able to choose what we need now, and figure out how to add on later.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. There are a lot of companies out there that offer DAM solutions. Know what you need versus what you wold love to have. This helped us easily compare the various companies and in the end pick the solution that fit our needs best.

We needed to have a more robust way to distribute our brand guidelines and materials globally to internal marketing professionals and agencies. And, we needed to control the access time agencies were granted. As a company, we are going exponentially and WebDAM allows us to connect the growing number of users to our brand, but also allows us to regionally distribute materials that they can edit and own for themselves.

"fast and sweet"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to gain deeper analytics in how content is performing, how often content is used / viewed by customers, and the potential for predicative content within sales opportunities

What do you dislike?

I dislike how content is uploaded / managed. It's a bit overkill and from an administrator's perspective, difficult to use.

Sales can no longer say they cannot find content when it's served up to them while in an opportunity. This has reduced the number of "where can I find X?" calls, has reduced sales time spent looking for content (or ultimately sending the wrong content), and has helped us fine tune the content we're developing (we can now see what's working, what's not).

Webdam review by Internal Consultant in Telecommunications
Internal Consultant in Telecommunications

"Easy to Use Asset Management System"

What do you like best?

Ease of set up, access, asset thumbnails. The ability to track for aging, with triggers to review/update was an important feature for us.

What do you dislike?

Relatively slow downloads, lack of definition for download type/quality. the system assumes the user knows what to expect, but there was no general reference. Our users were a combination of graphic design orgs., as well as Sales with little familiarity. Pricing options too much to allow all users the ability to upload docs directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Must have dedicated admins and asset management process defined prior to moving to this or any app. Buy direct from WebDAM. They have been responsive, and development enhancements based on our needs. Third party is just a middle man at this point in the product life.

Comprehensive asset management for everything created by Marketing, including content managed with Workfront. Benefits include easy-to-access database for Marketing and customer-facing users, with easy to use / relational search capability.

Webdam review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"This is a great product in theory, but has been difficult to implement and learn quickly."

What do you like best?

The grandeur of possibilities that WebDAM offers is tremendous. Making a massive amount of data so easily searchable is a difficult task to accomplish, but I believe WebDAM has done so.

What do you dislike?

It has been difficult to keep consistent, meaningful communication with our product implementation specialist and our other WebDAM contacts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is definitely on the right track. The idea in theory is great. My largest and really only complaint is that my team and I have had a difficult time keeping consistent communication (I won't receive prompt - within the same day - responses to emails with numerous questions, for example) with our WebDAM contacts. On a related note, because we are still learning the WebDAM "language," our WebDAM contacts have been difficult to understand without asking for multiple explanations. I'm afraid there is a barrier in which our WebDAM contacts have trouble explaining to us software terms of their expertise.

Over 2 shared drives, we have hundreds of assets that have been organized by plenty of different staff members through the years. It has become close to impossible without asking for assistance to find particular assets and files on the regular.

Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Asset management made easy!!"

What do you like best?

WedDam is a very comprehensive easy to use system. Before we began we had over 20,000 images that needed to be sorted and tagged and the thought of beginning was overwhelming but thanks to some of the advanced tools the process has been "pain free".

What do you dislike?

I have not come across much I do not like but I would like for the search tools to be more advanced as well as the ability to search within the results to focus in further. I think the sorting would also benefit from some additional options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend WebDAM even though there are certain things i would like to see improved I beleive it is one of the best Asset managment systems for the cost

Before we started using WedDam our visual assets where not in a central location and scattered on individual computers, shared drives and closed servers. Now we are on our way to getting our complete library in one place and be able to see what we have without re-shooting assets and spending money unnecessarily.

Webdam review by Jill A.
Jill A.

"Has potential, but not quite there yet. "

What do you like best?

WebDAM offers a lot of great features such as advanced search, related assets, lightbox, approvals, and analytics.

What do you dislike?

The system is incredibly slow. It hinders productivity and makes it very difficult to use. I reached out to my contact at WebDAM a couple of months ago and she said that they were working on solving the problem, but it is still very slow. We're not even close to our max storage space, yet there is still a significant lag.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ask to test the system for a bit longer than the trial. Upload as many assets as you can and really start to use it as if you would if you already purchased it. Use each functionality and pay attention to the length of time it takes to complete each task.

We have thousands of photos and photo releases, as well as hundreds of stories. We were looking for a system that could help us relate our assets. WebDAM successfully does this, but again, it's been a painfully slow process.

Webdam review by Marlaina D.
Marlaina D.

"WebDam for the Calgary Stampede"

What do you like best?

I like that webdam is easy to use for the people who want to download our photos. You are able to supply a large amount of photos to our end users on one platform.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is a lengthy process to upload our large photo files after every Stampede. I had issues setting up the FTP site at first because there wasn't a lot of information about it online, but when I emailed someone they were able to help me out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get an account rep for your business. It makes it more helpful to figure out how to use all the necessary features for your business to the best of your ability.

Business problems we are solving are how to share a large, searchable archive of photos from every Stampede with a large amount of people who need to find and download our photos.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive and easy to figure out how to use it.

What do you dislike?

When I was adding additional keywords to my images I didn't know if I was doing it wrong at first. Eventually I clicked into the image, hit the Edit button, then selected, Edit Metadata, but there was another way I was doing it before on the primary screen and it took awhile before I realized it wasn't saving my changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None I can think of...

Saving stock photos for graphic designers to use in different locations. It is so much easier to use than our previous system.

Webdam review by Cari H.
Cari H.

"WebDAM makes sharing global marketing materials easier! "

What do you like best?

Great Interface!

Great Tech/Customer Service Support. Even when they can't initially resolve an issue, they continue to follow up until the issue is resolved.

Constant innovation and improvements. We've been with WebDAM for 2 years, and have seen so many improvements in this short time

Introduction of the workflow/approvals feature

Eliminates the need for IT/Web Department support

Easy to use, for internal and external staff/customers

Although it was tough to get over the initial cost at first, it's been well worth the initial investment in dollars and staff resources

What do you dislike?

Cost - In order to take advantage of many of the advanced features of WebDAM, you have to be willing to spend quite a bit of $$$ on adding contributor seats

Large files take a long time to upload

Does not support GIF preview

Watch/Notification feature does not always work. However, they are working to resolve this, and have already made improvements.

Long filenames are not always viewable. Should provide a mouseover feature for long file names

Recommendations to others considering the product

After a year of research, we decided WebDAM was the best cloud based asset sharing solution for our needs. We've received positive feedback from our customers, licensees and distributors on the ease of accessing our files. As a result, we've seen an increase in dealer marketing, and it's in line with the global image we've defined for our brands.

WebDAM is used to share product images, spec packages and marketing materials with distributors and licensees in 40+ countries

Streamlined the process of sharing those assets by eliminating the need to constantly resend those files via HighTail or Dropbox

Consolidated our asset storage. Previously stored assets in multiple locations, making updates/revisions time consuming and hard to track.

In 2 Years, we've had over 7,000 downloads. No more FTP complaints, and internal adoption by most departments

Added benefit, it forced us to clean up our internal processes (file names, back up process)

Webdam review by Tina S.
Tina S.

"WebDAM is the best digital asset management system!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use! webDAM has all of the functionality necessary to manage all of our digital assets. It is easy to use so we have not had problems with our end users or our internal team learning to use it.

I also really like the formatting functionality when downloading files. This has saved our graphics team an unbelievable amount of time. It has also significantly reduced the amount of disk space and redundant files on our servers.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike about it. If anything, I would think the search functionality could be a little more robust. Non-technical people don't typically know to use quotes or an asterisk when searching in order to find all files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very affordable solution that basically handles all digital asset management needs. The webDAM team from sales to implementation to support have all been extremely professional, knowledgeable and accessible. The entire process was efficient and the transition to a new digital asset management tool was seamless to our end-users. We have saved the company money, time and free up resources in the process.

Making our access easy to access from all over the world. We have freed up tons of server space and ended up cancelling some of our 3rd party solutions for transferring large files.

Our graphics team is not spending their time formatting and transferring files. They can send everyone to webDAM to access all files.

Webdam review by Dennis G.
Dennis G.

"DAM good customer service and usability"

What do you like best?

We have over 100,000 assets stored and catalogued in WebDAM and over 400 users are able to access these assets. The great thing is that it takes 2 minutes to give a qualified user access to our database and we tell that user to view a quick tutorial we created that quickly explains the main DAM options and that they can use any of the assets on any type of project because we already have the users releases on file.

We control the access effortlessly and we control what assets get added to the database.

For us, customer service has been very responsive, especially in areas that would have an impact on our users accessing the product.

What do you dislike?

The extra storage is a bit expensive compared to what is happening in the industry. Apple just lowered their iCloud rates to compete, but WebDAM storage rates have remained pretty constant.

The search does not always pick up everything I expect it to. We probably need to spend more time working on the metadata though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend WebDAM for those wanting a robust asset storage and retrieval product. We have been very pleased for over six years with our use of WebDAM.

One place for all our assets, which is a controlled space so we control what assets get loaded into the database. We have three admins, which lets us tightly control access and uploads.

We have been using WebDAM for over six years here at UT Dallas, our University and except for a few minor slowness issues from time to time, our team has been very pleased with the product and the cost-effectiveness of the product. Our workflow is pretty streamlined with the product.

Webdam review by Jeanna B.
Jeanna B.

"Great for our University team"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and organization helps team members of various skillsets navigate the interface and help less experienced users.

What do you dislike?

Slow loading and click-through times are frustrating on the admin side, especially when downloads don't "catch" before navigating away from the asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a dedicated team member who is able to get a great grasp of the features so they can provide answers to other users who may have questions.

Storage, organization, and dissemination of digital assets, predominantly photography, across Trinity's campus. Through integration with our LDAP system, Trinity users can access and share assets open to the Trinity community.

Webdam review by Jason C.
Jason C.

"Access to our image and other assets"

What do you like best?

WebDAM allows us to have all of our photography assets in one easily accessible place. It's been relatively easy for our end users to pick it up and use it.

What do you dislike?

We have tens of thousands of assets in our account and some parts of the system are not as easily navigable in areas with large amounts of files (i.e. scrolling in large folders).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great system, but you will also need to think about processes, goals, and internal workflows and how they match up with having a new system.

Previously, we had all of our photo files stored on CDs and external hard drives with hard copy proof sheets. This was a challenge and burden for both our users who needed assets and for those who maintained them. WebDAM is making the whole process much more streamlined.

Webdam review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"The perfect asset management software for our nonprofit!"

What do you like best?

Our organization loves that WebDAM allows us to access our extensive image collection on a cloud-based server. This means anyone, anywhere can access images as needed. We've been able to clear valuable space on our internal servers, and save money in the meantime.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes WebDAM can run slow for browsing and downloads, but customer service has been great and very responsive at times like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend WebDAM, it has been a great solution for our nonprofit.

We are solving 2 main problems: 1) limited server space issue and 2) the ability to streamline workflows for image.

For #1 - we have cleared out hundreds of gigs of space from our servers and put them onto WebDAM. This has saved our nonprofit thousands of dollars, money that are we are able to put back into our mission of preserving and protecting Yosemite National Park.

For #2 - staff in all our offices have a central, web-based database to browse and download images. This greatly reduces the time for the Marketing team to personally assist staff with image requests, which is how it used to be. Now staff go to WebDAM, enter search words or browse folders, find the appropriate image and download it in the file format and size needed. it's a much simpler workflow and allows all staff to better focus their time and energy on important projects.

Webdam review by Steffan B.
Steffan B.

"WebDAM is a superior cloud based digital management system"

What do you like best?

The best part about WebDAM is that it is all cloud based. You can access your assets from anywhere. And you can see exactly which users have accessed an asset and when. It is also very easy to customize the dashboard for your customers so the look and feel of the portal matches that of your company's website. It also has a very intuitive and easy administration interface. I find it very easy to manage users, groups, asset folders, etc. all in one place. And the ability to drag and drop assets or FTP them gives us the flexibility we need for uploading. Not to mention the fully featured API that allows you complete control through customized applications. WebDAM has it all.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about WebDAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get a free trial to make sure it will work well for you.

We were looking for an off-the-shelf solution for a cloud based asset management system to manage all our digital assets for our customers to save us time from implementing our own solution while providing access from anywhere for our company and out customers. We have completely changed the way we handle digital assets for the better and have made our process more efficient.

Webdam review by Scot M.
Scot M.

"Not all that. No bag of potato chips."

What do you like best?

I like having all of my assets in one place where my team can access them and not having multiple libraries of information spread across several computers.

What do you dislike?

I don't like having to download an asset each time I want to use it. I thought it was going to have more functionality like "Dropbox" where I could just open the files. This is not the case.

If you want to talk to someone about an issue you have you'll have to wait, and wait and wait and wait. They don't even answer their own phones - they have an answering service that takes your name and issue and then tells you they will call you back.

Their DAM success helpsite requires a different password and login to get in and then when you do get in, good luck finding the answer to the issue you have.

It's freaking expensive.

If you have a guest create a lightbox/collection, and then they request a download, there is no way to know which lightbox/collection that guest created and if the guest doesn't know your email address and also doesn't include their email address in their request, you'll never know about it. Frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you fully try out the service if you can. Make them show you a workflow and run thru each scenario of application prior to signing any contracts.

I will say, the people are nice there, but I just get very frustrated when I have an issue that needs to be solved.

I"m not really sure at this point. I'm looking for better solutions.

Webdam review by Divya Reddy T.
Divya Reddy T.

"Works good for our company."

What do you like best?

In our organization we are using it just for storing videos and images and it is being integrated with our internal system. Using timer job we move the files to DAM with minimal work. Assets tagging is what is like.

What do you dislike?

It's been less than 6months we have implemented this system in our organization so far we like the system I cannot point anything that I don't like yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are trying to stop the storage space issues and the searching of the assets. WebDAM has helped us with those issues.

Webdam review by Brittany G.
Brittany G.

"Great Customer Serive"

What do you like best?

The customer service has been outstanding!

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far- we implemented about 3 months ago and everything is going smoothly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you attend all of the webinars as they provide very useful information and updates on the product.

I was the only keeper of the company assets so every time someone needed a logo or a video, they emailed me. As you can imagine- I mostly answered emails and send logo files. This has allowed me to give everyone access to download what they need instead of emailing me.

Webdam review by Scott D.
Scott D.

"Kyocera's experience using WebDam over the last year and half."

What do you like best?

We actually replaced a vendor's digital asset management site with WebDam's solution. We wanted a more advanced system with more focus on security. I feel much more comfortable that our assets are protected and secure which is critical, having sensitive assets that we do not want the public to be able to access until we are ready. The system is easy to use, we like complete control over who we give access to, and being able to control the amount of access.

What do you dislike?

Though I have received strong support from the WebDam team when needed, the time it takes to get responded to and solution address could be improved.

Using WebDam's System not only gives us one central location to store and provide to our customers and partners, we love how the system will convert our files to any format we or our customers desire, on the fly. We love the site being accessible to our customers and partners 24/7 and the resources and time needed to support our customer base manually is cost prohibitive.

Webdam review by Michael V.
Michael V.

"Easy to use digital asset manager"

What do you like best?

The software is Designed intuitively. Uploading assets and batch processing them is easy.

What do you dislike?

The display interface could be improved.. in terms of how the photos are rendered on a search result page. Search function is good but not great ... would like to see "show similar" work better.

We were able to catalog and share our digital photographs and branding materials much easier with Webdam. After the initial time commitment of setting it up and uploading, colleagues can now look for assets that

Was once someone's job.

Webdam review by Suzanne N.
Suzanne N.

"WebDAM review"

What do you like best?

Easy photo storage and retrieval.

Photo info is easily translated over and ability to add and edit after it's uploaded.

Search ability.

FTP site. We use that to get new photos from people and to send publications artwork to vendors.

Feedback and reports.

What do you dislike?

Cursor is not already in the user name box when you open the login page.

Sometimes some of the photo thumbnails don't show up.

Photos take a long time to process after uploading.

The Watermark is hard to change.

Sharing assets across partners (9 campuses and many study centers around the world).

Uploading and sending photos and large files using the FTP site.

Our social media service uses assets from webDAM to populate our social media sites to keep them active.

Helps me to organize our photos. We have too many but not enough really good ones.

"Powerful software"

What do you like best?

I like that what I needed worked, very well. With any problem that we had the software managed to help us solve it. Therefore it was very effective. The price is reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I can't really complain about anything, probably a bit more help wth tagging would make it perfect.

We have many photos releases and photos, as well as hundreds of stories. We looked for a system that could help us relate our assets. WebDAM successfully does this, and therefore it is what we were looking for.

Webdam review by Brenda O.
Brenda O.

"Highly recommend WebDAM for your photo storage needs!"

What do you like best?

I like that all of our photo and graphic assets are stored in one place and are easily searchable. I handle social media for our university as well as write for Web, print and media. It is essential that I have our images at my fingertips.

What do you dislike?

I have to log in every time I use it. I would love for it to remember my credentials. For now, I keep the site open during my work day.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate, do it!

We research many systems and found WebDAM to meet our needs as a campus community and as a university system. Do a trial of this product and you will see for yourself. I highly recommend it.

Access to our images library

Saving space on our servers

Ease of searching for photos by keyword, saves time and money

Webdam review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"More photo, More glitch"

What do you like best?

I did like how everything was categorized and sorted.

What do you dislike?

The more photos that you had on Webdam, the slower it would be. Also, when uploading a large amount of photos sometimes it wouldn’t even go through or you would be waiting forever.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check your options first.

Photo asset management

Webdam review by Yelena K.
Yelena K.

"Great management tool for an extencive inventory of high resolution and video files."

What do you like best?

As our team works with multiple journalists, writers, designers and travel agents we have an easy sharable and controlled tool for all of the high resolution files and videos. Lightboxes is the best way to send images to vendors and clients for a download. Powerful search and convenient key word tagging.

What do you dislike?

Most of our images are large format and if the Lightbox has a good amount of assets, it might slow down the e-mail link sharing. However, it does not happen often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using WebDAM for over three years, our company performs top notch asset management and quick assistance in sharing.

Helps control expiration dates on stock images. Easy to find assets using key words. Fantastic options for social media posting and sharing. Large files are transferred among our partners in seconds.

Webdam review by Administrator in Music
Administrator in Music

"Gets the job done, but some minor UI issues slow the workflow"

What do you like best?

We like how simple the user-facing side of the service is. Our distributors are easily able to log in and download new assets, and so far we haven’t heard of any issues with accessibility. We like the ability to set different levels of access so that each user group only sees the assets they should. Since distributors can search or browse for whatever they need, our creative team doesn’t have to spend as much time filling asset requests which keeps productivity high.

What do you dislike?

There are some annoyances within the web interface that could be improved upon. There's currently no way to share a folder of assets within a lightbox - assets have to be selected individually which can get tedious if you want to share a lot of files from different folders. This is a function that is extremely commonplace with other competing products and I'm surprised it was overlooked.

There are a few other little things like not being able to directly drag and drop one folder into another one within their interface, and not being able to drag-and-drop upload a folder from (pretty sure you can only achieve this when you use their FTP upload service). Small UI issues like this certainly aren't deal breakers but unfortunately the team and I notice them more often than we would like to.

We have a fiber optic connection at our office and asset uploads and processing seem sluggish. I have to wait for everything to upload and process before I’ll begin batch tagging assets with keywords so that they are accessible to our users. In my personal experience, the interface just seems kind of slow to respond to user actions, although I'm sure there are a lot of factors at play here - your mileage may vary.

We needed an asset management system that would allow for our international distributors to keep up-to-date with our latest marketing materials. WebDAM allows us to roll out new campaign creative quickly and without sending a ton of attachments and emails. If there are last minute fixes, we can update files and be sure that our distributors are getting the latest versions all at once. We're noticing a much more consistent representation of our brand internationally - so far so good.

Webdam review by Erwin M.
Erwin M.

"WebDAM is awesome and easy to use. I love it!"

What do you like best?

The interface is user-friendly and the program is easy to manage. Best of all, as a cloud-based product, our clients can view and search our images from anywhere and on any device. WebDAM has definitely improved our image management for our company and our clients love it.

What do you dislike?

I love using the Brand Portal for our customers but I find a few limitations with it. Our needs are a little different than most so the inability to view our archived images within the portal is a little challenging for us. Other than that, it's a great tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is great. Simply make sure to test the program to make sure it meets all your needs. The Brand Portal is wondering but there are a few limitations to it.

The ease to search through our image collection of thousands of images have save our marketing teams time and effort and the ability and ease of sending downloads to outside client has solved an big problem we had before.

Webdam review by Chad C.
Chad C.

"Easy to use and integrate with other applications"

What do you like best?

Setup was very easy and is very customizable to our needs. I like how it integrates with other software we use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. Customer service has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very proactive software with new features added often

We needed a way to catalog large numbers of images and provide a way for users to view and download them even if they didn't have the correct software to view them.

Webdam review by Laurie W.
Laurie W.

"A DAM good product"

What do you like best?

Ease of use not only internally but with our clients as well -- we love it and our clients and vendors love it.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the upload can time out -- it can be frustrating

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product and we love all the added features.

A self-serve DB for our photo library has eliminated wasted time by my staff to have to search through photos for other people

Webdam review by Kevin H.
Kevin H.

"Best DAM Service (Power sports industry)"

What do you like best?

The ease of sharing assets is my favorite feature gained with the use of WebDAM. It has provided the opportunity to share and collaborate on media projects globally among affiliates and with business partners. The search in WebDAM is very powerful in locating assets and is a function leveraged for those not familiar with the location of assets. The file conversion options to create jpeg, pdf, mp4 etc., is also heavily utilized as it has alleviated the need to work with graphic designers to convert file types.

What do you dislike?

Early on (and many versions ago) issues were experienced with asset upload, download and processing, which the customer service team was quick to resolve. WebDAM was quick to address the issues by updating the service and now these issues are a rarity.

WebDAM has solved storage capacity issues as we pay for what we need and can expand based on business demand. WebDAM has enabled staff members to easily share assets between departments, business lines and partners decreasing our time spent managing and transferring assets. We also discovered we could leverage the product outside our typical media departments for unique challenges facing the business.

*The views expressed are mine and not to be considered that of my employer.

Administrator in Consumer Goods

"They handle clipping paths!"

What do you like best?

WebDam was the only provider we found who could retain clipping paths when resizing/exporting images. For anyone supplying product images to big retailers that's crucial.

What do you dislike?

Small bugs can linger for months, these rarely effect our end users but leads to making things feeling a little unpolished.

Creating a single source for current imagery that can be resized to various vendor specs. Removing silos full of old imagery.

Administrator in Higher Education

"WebDAM helps us share our vision"

What do you like best?

WebDAM is a user-friendly interface that allows our campus community to access our university photography assets and templates. The best thing about it is it places the tools to show off our campus in the user's hands directly. They are able to use our images of the campus and campus life in their websites and publications knowing that the resources are already curated and approved for their use.

I also really like that users that can download images are restricted automatically to members of our campus community, and that it doesn't require our time to approve (or not) new users.

What do you dislike?

There is really not much to dislike! I find customer service responsive when there is an occasional issue, but of course I'd like it better if someone could just come to my desk and SEE what the issue is!

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is an easy product to recommend to those needing a robust and user-friendly digital asset management system.

WebDAM is a time-saver in terms of providing images to our campus community to use. We no longer have to receive their individual requests, locate images for them, and deliver them to them. Also it allows us to provide a large variety of quality images our clients can use, thereby limiting the use of inappropriate or low-quality images to portray our university.

Administrator in Higher Education

"Great system if you have someone to manage it"

What do you like best?

webDAM offers a great way to organize and tag our organization's photos. It's fairly easy to use and met all of the criteria we had for an online archival system (tagging, password protected, searchable, large storage capacity, ability to store videos and other media types)

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the system is lightening fast, but all too often, webDAM takes forever and ever and ever to load pages. It's quite frustrating and no one at webDAM seems to be able to tell us the problem. That is probably my single largest complaint.

I also don't like that the folder names aren't searchable. I find that to be hugely inconvenient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

webDAM is pricey, so make sure before you sign with them that you have a dedicated person to manage your account or it isn't worth the money. That was our biggest mistake. Administration has changed hands quite a few times, and aside from the temp we hired to research and create our online database, we haven't had one single person dedicated to maintaining this ever-growing library. Because of that, things easily get disorganized and assets go untagged or improperly tagged. If you don't have someone to own it, don't spend the money.

Before using webDAM, our photos were all on a shared drive. We were quickly running out of space, couldn't find anything, and had to email everything to share files. webDAM has solved this problem for us.

It's also been an asset for us when working with outside designers. We are able to use the lightbox feature to showcase exactly the images we'd like them to use.

Webdam review by Kevin M.
Kevin M.

"WebDAM Streamlines Workflow and Improves Efficiency "

What do you like best?

WebDAM has many features that we love, but the one feature we love the most is that WebDAM is a complete online system. This makes life so much easier for our entire team. As long as we have internet access, we can log into WebDAM anywhere, anytime. That was the one thing we just couldn't find in other companies without paying a hefty price.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike about WebDAM. Sometimes the files are a bit slow to process after uploading to the system, but that's not a pressing issue for us. Most items we place into the system we don't need right away, so this isn't anything that we be too concerned about.

Since we started using WebDAM, we've been able to create a more streamlined workflow when dealing with images and video files. We've also been able to create a more efficient archival database.

Webdam review by Lars F.
Lars F.

"WebDAM one of the best DAM system right now."

What do you like best?

The user friendliness and that you can build your own structure with assets and metadata.

Possibilities to skin your own portal.

Easy to use for all.

What do you dislike?

No roadmaps and release dates.

Tickets can be unsolved for a long period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan everything in good time before you release date.

Ask your success manager for help.

The speed to reach and find files.

Knowledge of this is the latest version of the files.

It saving us a lot of time, and time is money!

Webdam review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"Great central location to keep photos"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, central location to keep images

What do you dislike?

slow speed to download at times, sometimes need to click too many places to get to desired location

We use it as a central place to store photos for others to reference and download.

Webdam review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"Personal Use Review"

What do you like best?

By far some of my favorite features seem to be the batch uploading of images. Not only does this save time but helps me use the tool more effectively. Also the way I can share this with my team and clients makes things easier

What do you dislike?

What I like least is the way I tag certain images then try to find them later on. It may be the way I'm labeling them but this always seems to be an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this if they are considering storing and cataloging a library of images online.

We're helping provide a library for our clients that want to explore online marketing within the financial industry. We create campaigns of various topics then upload them to the portal.

Webdam review by User in Computer Software

"Webdam keeps us organized"

What do you like best?

I love that you can send and embed links to folks both inside and outside our organization

What do you dislike?

hard to keep things organized and not easy to narrow searches

The ability to have a collateral library that everyone can share and access

Webdam review by Bill L.
Bill L.

"Our solution for Global distribution of marketing materials"

What do you like best?

Asset upload capability, organization of those assets, and the automatic notification of new or updated assets.

What do you dislike?

Inability to link directly from our website to WebDAM pdf files without the use of an API (additional cost)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Involve Admin, Contributors, and End User input from the start

Global distribution of sales/marketing/product materials to distributors.

"WebDAM challenges"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use if you have used other DAM platform. Clean look.

What do you dislike?

Seems like they are growing too fast. Takes a long time to resolve issues and sometimes they cannot explain or resolve. Challenging to have portals for multiple clients - defaults to original portal information. Can be challenging to build and navigate

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for just one client and portals within that.

Library of all assets for internal and external clients. Searchable. Helps track licensing information

Webdam review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"Best DAM System Around"

What do you like best?

Before purchasing WebDAM, our team tested 7 other digital asset management systems over a set of about 30 criteria. WebDAM was by far superior and included more of the features that we needed. In the end, it was an easy choice.

What do you dislike?

Some of the functionality isn't as user-friendly as I'd like. However, I've expressed these issues to the support team and they plan to release a few of the changes in future releases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It genuinely is the best digital asset management system on the market.

Prior to WebDAM, all of our visual assets were scattered across hundreds of folders and personal desktops. Now, we have a single repository for all of the images which can easily be searched through by staff. It's allowed us to free up space on our servers and increases collaboration between departments.

Webdam review by Sanjana K.
Sanjana K.

"An excellent program with great service!"

What do you like best?

They guided us the best way that would would for our industry to organize all our photos. Plus they keep upgrading to keep us looking good and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Wish the integration with Deltek was built in to the program rather than a separate feature. But not a problem as it is still pretty great platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It is the best platform for all your photo needs.

We needed to access images from across the country and this was the best way to do so. Apps have been quite helpful too to use in tradeshows.

Webdam review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"WebDAM Awesomeness "

What do you like best?

I love how easy WebDAM is to use. Having all our assets together in the same location instead of all over our server in who knows which folder --it's pure awesomeness.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could drop and drag files from my project management system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and the team is great to work with. Loved that they took our drives and uploaded our assets for us, too. That saved us a ton of time as we had external hard drives with many gigs of data.

Sharing assets with vendors is reall easy and I'm looking forward to setting up the dynamic templates and sharing those with employees across the system. With more than 7,000 employees, it's often a challenge to maintain brand standards as people throw marketing caution to the wind and make their own stuff in (gulp) Word or PowerPoint. WIth the templates - we can lock-down images, fonts, font sizes ---whatever we want --and keep more consistency throughout the system. And by giving them access to the brand portal, we should see much better use of imagery as well (instead of them pulling something off the web or using (double gulp) clip art. ;)

Webdam review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Best DAM Company In The World!"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about WebDAM is the fact that they never hesitate to go above and beyond for your brand. Their entire staff, from CEO to sales to customer service to dev, are a pleasure to work with, and despite my hundreds of requests for new features, they never get annoyed, but instead realize that it's a win-win situation: my company gets the feature they need, and WebDAM gets a new feature to their already massive amount (which in turn helps all of their other clients, of which the list is incredibly impressive, by the way). I've been working with DAM systems for a decade and nobody comes close to WebDAM, in every aspect. I'm looking forward to being in business with them for a long, long time.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there isn't anything. If something comes up that doesn't work for us, they're incredibly quick to fix it. If there is a feature that they don't have that we need, they are incredibly quick to implement it. We love everything about WebDAM!

We now have an intuitive, easy to use platform for sharing assets across 8 different brands. We spend less money on double-purchasing stock photography because of the ease of use. Our logos and our brand information is widely accessible across all of our different brands.

"Review of WebDam"

What do you like best?

The ability to store a lot of photos for future access.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is hard to sort through the photos. Some of that may be our organizational methods, but the speed is sometimes a concerns. Some of our users have described it as good, but "clunky."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before accessing any dam system, be aware that you are in the for long haul. We are not likely to moved these from one database to another. We've been happy with WebDAM, but I will not say it is everything we want. Then again, I doubt any system would be.

We are not able to have several different departments access photos quickly. This has been helpful in creating opportunities in social media.

Webdam review by Administrator in Consumer Electronics
Administrator in Consumer Electronics

"WebDam first 30 days"

What do you like best?

The best feature is being able to communicate or brands assets to multiple distributors very easily

Things like Word press plug in should be a great time saver

What do you dislike?

We are a distribution company and thus have 5 brands we will be dealing with. Would be nice to have multiple band home pages at our account level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Webdam to a similar company with similar problems

What business problems are you solving? Communicating the correct asset to the right people in a timely manner. Also the ability to have a central repository of all assets that can large enough for marketing to use.

What benefits have you realized? Too soon to tell

Administrator in Higher Education

"Needs Fine-Tuning to be More User-Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like that WebDam gives me the ability to collect images and share them with groups of individuals without having to download them first.

What do you dislike?

Adding keywords to images is time-consuming and the search function is not reliable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid to reach out for help. I'm not the person who works with WebDAM support in our office, but the person who does is always raving about the level of responsiveness and personal attention she receives.

The biggest benefit to our team is that WebDAM allows us to empower users by giving them access to high-quality approved images that they can download on their own time without assistance.

Webdam review by Jeanette A.
Jeanette A.

"WebDAM Saves MarComm Team"

What do you like best?

I love that as a Creative Team PM, I can port over assets from Box and let employees access WebDAM to get the assets they need.

What do you dislike?

Mainly that it's so time consuming to tag and file the goo gobs of assets we need to get up on WebDAM. Be great if the folders with LOTS of assets downloaded faster for viewing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great! We are running into some interesting issues with Shutterstock, our main resource for stock images...

Trying to make the right assets available to the right people for a large, global company. WebDAM is just beginning to show it's value - Let people pinging me for stuff!

"WebDAM Simplifies"

What do you like best?

WebDAM is very easy to utilize. I upload my company's assets for marketing as well as it's corporate historical archives. Now that Dropbox has been added for direct uploads to WebDAM it has become even simpler and more expedient. When I came to the company all the digital information was contained on hard drives, external drives, CD's...a veritable cluster of confusion. Over the course of the first 6 months I organized it all into WebDAM

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have with WebDAM is times when uploading assets there are latency issues. But I am confident that this will soon be remedied. Customer Service is quick in response whenever issues arise and they are thorough in the investigation if a problem should arise. Their engineers are always on top of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WebDAM is a great organizational tool and with the recent upgrades in their social media apps, there is a phenomenal reduction in time and productivity with the ability to upload assets directly from WebDAM to social media platforms.

Communication! By having all the company assets in one centered system it enables more consistency and access to information. Product is much easier to review, maintain and update whenever changes occur. WebDAM is an invaluable resource for all aspects of the company, both internally and externally. The transfer of images to customers has been greatly improved with the ability to manipulate the specs of the images per customer needs.

Webdam review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"WebDAM review"

What do you like best?

1. Very well designed and laid out interface. Most users can figure out basic use without instruction.

2. Tagging, sorting and searching are well done.

3. Being able to preview with thumbnails most all formats

4. Administration is robust and full featured

What do you dislike?

1. WebDam charges extra for people you want to be admins. One admin is included, but additional cost money.

2. Occasionally run into processing issues when loading new images. Mostly just delays for it to complete the import and indexing even if it's a small number of new items.

3. Additional storage is quite expensive. In the age of internet storage decreasing per GB, WebDam has pretty much stayed the same. They do have slightly less expensive storage option for archiving of seldom used files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For a hosted solution and the price, it was the best option we found about a year ago. The landscape may have changed and their may be new options to consider, but at that time, WebDam had all the features we were looking for.

It's a central location for us to have all our photos that can be shared and access by all staff, no matter the device. They can also share with other media sites and vendors. We have been considering storing our scanned receipts for easy tagging and lookup as well.

The benefit is a centralized area, that is maintained, secured and backed up. Don't have to worry about updates, server reboots or other admin stuff if you use an internal solution.

Webdam review by Thomas S.
Thomas S.

"Effective Product"

What do you like best?

Has been easy to launch to user base - easy to upload content - easy to register users. Interface is attractive.

What do you dislike?

Access speed is lacking at times - need more automated linking capabilities. Mainly though is the speed of accessing different area of the portal, downloading, uploading, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend WebDAM to others with the caveat that they understand exactly which features they seek vs. what WebDAM provides and that sometimes there are access issues. Again, our launch has been successful and support has been good.

Protecting company brand by making branded assets available for marketing purposes globally.

Webdam review by Bart O.
Bart O.

"We use WebDAM as platform for our customers."

What do you like best?

The simple ease of use and easy navigation.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit cumbersome when we first started with the previous version. Much improved since then in the newer release.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try you wont be disappointed.

Using WebDAM as a asset for our customers to deliver new and updated marketing materials has helped tremendously.

Webdam review by Elise S.
Elise S.

"Turned a mess of assets into a beautiful organized place"

What do you like best?

The usability is very simple and the features such as approvals is a nice bonus for someone who is constantly creating pieces that need to be approved by multiple people. It is also great at helping share assets with outside vendors.

What do you dislike?

The site can run slow and sometimes needs to be refreshed many times. The uploading of assets can also be a hassle at times and will freeze and make you have to start all over

Presenting the business with a clean, simple and organized place with everything they might need for daily functioning as well as outside partners.

Webdam review by Administrator in Banking
Administrator in Banking

"Long-term clients that are still using the product because its the best for our needs."

What do you like best?

I like how integrated the metadata is for clients using different programs for data-entry to upload our photos to the system.

What do you dislike?

The website has its limits for customization of the look and feel. I wish that we could push the limits of how the template could be visually.

This is housing the company's entire photo collection of images, historical and new.

Webdam review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Great for File Management "

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly and organized the software is. It is easy to add keywords and create folders with specific audiences.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how it can take my computer a while to load everything

We have solved the problem of how to show vendors certain files but not everything.

Webdam review by Madeline W.
Madeline W.

"webDAM has been very helpful"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the left side thumbnails containing folders of photos for each event, archives, and marketing photos with titles on each folder. It is easier to search for those photos. I also love the permission settings because I can control who can have access to photos and who can't.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes to download photos.

I am starting to get ready to launch webDAM to campus wide and had to get all problems solved by webDAM first. It was established.

Webdam review by Daniel T.
Daniel T.

"WebDam used in a Public Agency"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, easy to deploy.

I'm ecstatic that staff is now using assets we curate.

What do you dislike?

Long contract process in the beginning.

Wish it had more negotiable pricing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Prepare your asset collection before reaching out to WebDAM

Getting our web and photo assets to the general staff.

Webdam review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"WebDAM Review"

What do you like best?

The search features (ability to capture a lot of meta data!)

What do you dislike?

the interface is a bit clunky and aesthetics look a bit outdated. also, it should have the ability to preview all types of documents, like Indesign packages

Managing assets across a multi-office company. Retire content as needed

Webdam review by User in Sports
User in Sports

"Great tool for photo organization and downloading."

What do you like best?

Downloading is so easy. And I like that I can download multiple things at once. I couldn't do that on the last program I used.

What do you dislike?

That the thumbnails for images are so small and I can't adjust

We are organizing our photo collection better than we were before, now images are so easy to find and use

Webdam review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"WebDAM Review"

What do you like best?

Having all of our professional photography in one place.

What do you dislike?

The speed is a concern. It seems to be very slow on occasion (both inside & outside of our company network). Also, if you're scrolling thru a folder with a lot of images, it doesn't remember where you are when you go back. This means starting at the top which can slow you down considerable if you were on photo #200 out of 500 pics.

Storing more than 20,000 photos in one location.

Webdam review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"WebDAM keeps all our photos in one place"

What do you like best?

The setup was easy and WebDAM has upgraded their product on several occasions.

What do you dislike?

Nothing now that it's easier to upload and organize the photos.

Sharing photographs with other members of our organization and with the public.

Webdam review by User in Higher Education

"WebDAM Use"

What do you like best?

WebDAM gives a lot of options for tagging and sorting, and has price points to fit most budgets.

What do you dislike?

The tagging and sorting isn't incredibly versatile, and often cumbersome.

We got all of our photos off of a shared drive and onto the cloud where only specific people can access them. It's also helped us be sure photos that should not be used anymore are completely removed from circulation.

Webdam review by Administrator in Wholesale
Administrator in Wholesale

"Overall a great service but the back end technology could definitely some help. "

What do you like best?

The interface of the program, the usability for new users (don't need to train everyone), & organization of features

What do you dislike?

How SLOW it runs sometimes, the glitchy-ness

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it...

Organizing and sharing the logos and photography the Marketing Dept has.

Webdam review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Support and Clear Contracts"

What do you like best?

The mass uploading feature and ability to tag and organize in a few clicks. Very easy to manage user permissions\.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say...really, it is on the user to keep their folder structure organized (the PM helps you) and tagging clean.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a plan before you start! Prepare a document when you demo the software so you have an idea of how it will be set up for you.

Organizing 500gb of digital assets

Webdam review by Tony R.
Tony R.

"WebDam offers good storage and sharing platform for our photos"

What do you like best?

The ability to organize photos and then share them via lightbox with groups both inside and outside our organization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the search feature can't find photos even though I'm searching by the title of the photo.

We needed a way to organize and store large collections of photos. Using WebDam allows us to easily share photos with other groups in our organization.

Webdam review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"WebDam seems to be more than just an average DAM."

What do you like best?

It seems very intuitive to use, very robust and very scalable. I also like the availability of extensions, which increase the scalability for our company. For example, Marketing may start using it in the future.

What do you dislike?

Haven't heard of or experienced any issues yet.

We needed something to safely archive and manage our custom assets and something to improve collaboration both internally and externally.

Webdam review by User in Paper & Forest Products
User in Paper & Forest Products

"This product was easy to use, had all the feature sets we needed, and support was very helpful."

What do you like best?

I liked the user interface and its ease of use.

What do you dislike?

The uploading process would often fail and we would have to start over. We also had many assets stuck at "processing" and they had to be re-uploaded.

We were just moving from a hosted solution that was no longer in business.

Webdam review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"LQ <3's WebDam"

What do you like best?

We like having control of our images. It gives us a way to make sure our users are using the best product images out there.

What do you dislike?

Too many different ways to do permissions and sometimes the system is slow.

We've managed to put a process together where our RVPs and FSDs are able to upload to one system instead of sending SD Cards to us and having photos processed in almost half the time.

Webdam review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"webDAM has been a great solution"

What do you like best?

webDAM has given our marketing department the ability to store assets for many different teams and groups and manage them through permissions.

What do you dislike?

It can take a long time to upload extremely large files (probably no different than other digital asset management systems)

Recommendations to others considering the product

would highly recommend

we had a lot of challenges with version control. webDAM has allowed us to keep track of the latest version and put everything in the same place.

"Really bad UX"

What do you like best?

Nothing really, this is a very poorly put together product. A ploy at trying to sell Shutterstock's file org technology.

What do you dislike?

It's an almost unusable platform and slow.

File organization. No benefits.

Webdam review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Owner of the WebDAM product and projects associated with it for the UCLA Health system"

What do you like best?

The continued improvements in the product and responsiveness of the WebDAM team.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are a bit clunky and the system freezes on my interns at times.

Creating a tool for internal and external use, in relation to branding and a large photo bank.

"Webdam "

What do you like best?

I love the ability to save so many assets with Webdam.

What do you dislike?

The navigation can sometimes be a bit slow and confusing.

Accessibility to assets of the company.

Webdam review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Its a good product, its just not the right prodcut fro"

What do you like best?

It is a simple product to use even though we do not use it to its full ability.

What do you dislike?

There is a lot of clicking and sometimes its hard to explain to customers.

it is a single location for images instead of having to point customers to multiple areas.

Webdam review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Completely satisfied customer "

What do you like best?

The easy to use interface both for users and admin - especially for allowing access to new users

What do you dislike?

The system sometimes struggles with uploading or downloading large files (50MB+)

WebDAM has given us a great platform for storing the large amount of creative and brand assets which we have under our control.

Webdam review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"my clients have WebDam portals"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of uploading and downloading.

What do you dislike?

The layout isn't visually pleasing, and when i enter keywords and click out sometimes all that work is lost and i have to re-do.

Organization

Webdam review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"DAM Review"

What do you like best?

The search feature. Nice to be able to find images now.

What do you dislike?

The non active images not showing up in the lightbox.

Job request for images have gone down. Users can find them theirself.

Webdam review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

customer service, flexibility, ease of use

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet nothing yet, nothing yet, nothing yet

Sharing and organizing assets

Learn more about Webdam

Webdam Videos

Learning about Webdam?

* We monitor all Webdam reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.