WebDrive File Access Client

WebDrive lets you edit files on corporate SFTP and SharePoint Servers as easily as editing any file on your computer.

Work for WebDrive File Access Client?

Learning about WebDrive File Access Client?

WebDrive File Access Client Reviews

Ask WebDrive File Access Client a Question
Showing 3 WebDrive File Access Client reviews
WebDrive File Access Client review by <span>Steve J.</span>
Steve J.

"Indispensable for Scholarship Using Citavi and a Personal NAS"

What do you like best?

I love being able to access folders on my QNAP TS-251A NAS using a Windows drive letter, as if the cloud storage were connected directly to my laptop as a local drive. It's also unexpectedly fast, and I often work with large PDF's. Once I set WebDrive up to connect to my NAS, every time that I open Directory Opus (my preferred file manager, although you can use File Explorer or anything else), I can navigate and move files around between folders as easily as if I were working with local folders.

Currently, I use secure FTP. In the future, I plan to set up secure WebDAV, which supports file locking, and will make collaborating with other scholars easier. (We won't risk overwriting each other's changes.) WebDrive supports a variety of protocols, including secure FTP and secure WebDAV.

I especially like that WebDrive shows the user a dialog box with the request/response dialogue from its initial handshaking with a server, so that you can debug any errors. The product has never crashed on me and is transparent. It's far better than a dedicated FTP client.

The most important benefit is that it has made available all 4 TB of remote storage on my NAS to me, as if it were local storage, so that I never have to worry about running out of space on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What do you dislike?

The properties dialog box, which lets you configure connectivity information for a server, could be improved a little. For instance, there is a section called "General Host Settings," where you enter the IP of the server. Confusingly, you can't enter the port number there. Instead, you have to go to another section, "Connection Settings."

"Connection Settings" is also a bit strange. It has a checkbox: "[ ] Use default port [ ]." If the checkbox is checked, it defaults to port 21 (the default FTP port). If it's unchecked, you can enter another port number. I would move that field to the "General Host Settings" section, eliminate the checkbox, and just let the user enter whichever port they desire, with the default being pre-populated.

In general, I would reorganize the properties dialog box to make it more efficient for the user to set new sites up. I would group the many options differently by focusing on the typical use cases that the user is likely to have, and making those quick and straightforward to get through. I'd also add help text when a user hovers over an option, to explain what some of the less obvious options do.

There is also a limitation that might have something to do with the secure FTP protocol, but I'm uncertain. Some of my folders are named using diacritical marks, for instance: Résumés. However, in WebDrive, that folder appears as: Résumés. Perhaps this is because the FTP protocol can't handle Unicode characters. If possible, it would great to get this fixed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a personal NAS or want to be able to mount any cloud storage that WebDrive supports on your computer, WebDrive is the perfect solution. It's inexpensive, fast, stable, and just works. There's no better way to expand limited storage on your personal device than to be able to edit files on the cloud directly, as if they resided on your computer.

I'm a graduate student in philosophy at the University of MIssouri-St. Louis. I use Citavi (https://citavi.com/en/) on my Surface Pro 4 to store journal articles and books (PDF's), and enable me to easily and efficiently cite them. Any data loss would be catastrophic, so I store all of my Citavi files on my personal NAS, a QNAP TS-251A, which is also synchronized with a local folder on my Surface using QNAP's Qsync utility.

The problem with this is that research projects can get quite large, and it's easy to run out of local storage space on my Surface. I began investigating ways of accessing files directly on the NAS without synchronizing them, and found WebDrive. Now, I connect Citavi to my NAS using the secure FTP protocol, through WebDrive. This approach lets me use as much cloud storage as I have (4 TB) without worrying about running out of space on my Surface's 256 GB SSD.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WebDrive File Access Client
WebDrive File Access Client review by <span>Vikramjit Singh R.</span>
Vikramjit Singh R.

"Excellent for connecting to the Secure FTP server "

What do you like best?

Connecting to my university servers and transfer/access of files over a secure SSH connection.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I believe It fulfilled my needs of accessing files remotely over a SSH connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seamless access and transfer of files over a secure SSH connection

I am a graduate student and do molecular simulation. I typically work with a lot of data and at times have to overview and work with multiple files at a time. All of files (which are a lot) are located on the university servers which I can access remotely using the Webdrive FAS. I am able to Mount SFTP as a virtual drive and access the files, it works like a charm. I can interact with my files and data on the university server in the same way as I would with the files locally stored on my computer. This is very beneficial to me as I do not need to be in the office to access, organize and edit my files and directories and can work from home, on holidays or when I am gone to a conference.

What Storage Management solution do you use?

WebDrive File Access Client review by <span>José A.</span>
José A.

"WebDrive usage in real world"

What do you like best?

Well, my approach for this review will be as simply as it need to be.

WebDrive just simply works!

Moving several TB's of data between my internal network ftp mapped drives and Internet and... it simply works.

Never got a disconnected drive.

Never got installation drive out of disk space due to log files.

And all of this in trial mode!

Just guessing what i can get in purchased mode :)

Hope this can help you out.

Cheers

What do you dislike?

For now, 0 (zero) problems.

I will keep using it. I believe that i abuse WebDrive due to the amount of data i move around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

You won't be disappointed.

I have some NAS on me, and the easy way i found to keep my work going was to try WebDrive software!

As i stated before, till now i have no problems at all.

There are not enough reviews of WebDrive File Access Client for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

WinSCP Logo
WinSCP
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows (only for Windows). Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
ExpanDrive Logo
ExpanDrive
ExpanDrive acts just like a USB drive plugged into your computer. Open, edit, and save files to remote computers from within your favorite programs???even when they are on a server half a world away.
Amazon Glacier Logo
Amazon Glacier
Amazon Glacier is a secure, durable, and extremely low-cost cloud storage service for data archiving and long-term backup.
DataCore SANsymphony Logo
DataCore SANsymphony
SANsymphony-V solves the “Big Problem” standing in the way of your virtualization projects.
WordtoPDF Converter Logo
WordtoPDF Converter
WordtoPDF Converter for Win creates “Image-like” PDF documents and converts MS Word files to pictures.
UltraCompare Logo
UltraCompare
UltraCompare is a file and folder compare / merge / sync application, with support for Word Docs, PDFs, Excel files, FTP/remote, and more. It includes many features for developers and coders including difference reports, version control integration, compare sessions, and a whole lot more.
Azure Storage Explorer Logo
Azure Storage Explorer
Azure Storage Explorer Preview is a standalone app that allows you to easily work with Azure Storage data - from any platform, anywhere. It creates and manages blobs, tables, queues, generate SAS keys, and more.
Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server) Logo
Red Hat Gluster Server (formerly Storage Server)
Red Hat's open software solution for scale-out network-attached storage lets you manage exponential data growth at a fraction of the cost of other storage solutions.

Learning about WebDrive File Access Client?

* We monitor all WebDrive File Access Client reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.