Webflow

Webflow is a web design tool, CMS, and hosting platform in one.

Work for Webflow?

Learning about Webflow?

Webflow Reviews

Showing 104 Webflow reviews
Webflow review by Pam P.
Pam P.

"Webflow makes designing beautiful websites, quick and easy, especially for professionals"

What do you like best?

They are fully HTML5 and CSS compliant and create clean code compared to competitors. You can do anything you desire, quickly and easily. You drag components onto the page, set properties, and immediately see the effect. They have CSS animation, grid, and parallax. They have a database backend, for example for storing products for e-commerce. I also like that if you are building websites for your client, they will automatically bill your client and add your profit. They have excellent and fun video training and respond fast to questions. They permit exporting the HTML and CSS, if you have the right account type, not the low end account. They have fast hosting. I really like that this software is usable by an advanced beginner that understands basic html and css, but is aimed at a professional, with features like flex and parallax, and is easy to use. One of the really great features of Webflow is that it is responsive and by clicking the icons for desktop, tablet, and phone at the top of the screen you can see what the page will look like. Not only that, but you can modify what will show for each device, YOU decide what shows and where for each device type. Amazing, much better than competitors in this area. Depending on the account type, you can have multiple projects, and pages within each project. It really is set up for a professional to be productive. Webflow has a REST API to modify products stored in their database.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Webflow is that, for most people, you will need to host with them. If you are using their backend database for products, then you can't move it to another hosting platform except as a CSV comma delimited file. Clunky. If you set up forms you can't export them. If all that you are using is the standard HTML5 and CSS then you're ok, and it will export, but I wouldn't think that is typical of most users. I have noticed that it appears they reboot their servers approximately daily. This is good because I haven't experienced problems, and bad because the hosting and design is not available for a few minutes. Other companies seem to accomplish this without going down at all, and I think they should, too. Althought Webflow does hosting for websites created with Webflow, and uses Amazon hosting, this is not a typical hosting platform, it is only for websites created with Webflow. You cannot import websites from other hosting platforms. Although they are beta testing a shopping cart for ecommerce, at this time you will have to connect to a third party shopping cart. Check to see if this is still the case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend that you try Webflow if you don't mind hosting with Webflow. If you want to use a database then use Webflow for prototyping and then export it to some other hosting platform that uses a standard database.

This product is superb if you are designing top quality websites with high-end features like responsive, flex, and parallax, so it is great for website developers and advanced non-professionals. Since I do not like being required to use their hosting or exporting data as CSV, I use it as a high-end prototyping tool - do all the HTML5 and CSS in Webflow, fast and easy, then export it to a hosting platform that has a standard database back end. Alternatively, when I'm just using a static webpage, then I host it with Webflow since I can move it anytime.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webflow
Webflow review by Morgan M. A.
Morgan M. A.

"Easy & Beautiful Designing"

What do you like best?

i love how the interface on Webflow has a similar layout to Adobe. For graphic designers looking to expand into web services, this is really useful. I also love the customization options Webflow supports in addition the the templates and suggestions it provides

What do you dislike?

it may be confusing at first if you are used to other programs, such as wordpress. However, all web programs like these have learning curves and once you’re fluent with Webflow it comes naturally and your work is more efficient

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it! Especially if you’re looking to add web design services but you aren’t super code savvy OR if you are avoiding wordpress- this is a great alternative

Webflow makes designing, building and launching websites for myself and for clients a breeze. Unlike Squarspace and similar programs, Webflow supports a completely custom look and elevated design features

What Web Design solution do you use?

Webflow review by John S.
John S.

"Made for designers needing custom portfolio sites with limited coding experience"

What do you like best?

It has a lot of cool built in functions and animations that takes some tinkering to get used to, especially for those with limited front end coding experience. If the page you want to make doesn't fit neatly in a template, is fairly straightforward gallery-esque, and does not require data from users, it is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

When you pay to send a project live, it only sends the specified project live. It is not a license that says "you can have 1 page live." So, if you have multiple projects to explore different ideas and want to switch which one is live, you have to contact customer service and explain your situation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As someone that doesn't code, I mostly found it useful to make gallery-esque sites with minimal interactions.

I made my own design portfolio site and it helped me get hired at my current position.

Webflow review by Anna P.
Anna P.

"Visual Designer"

What do you like best?

I like how I can design in Webflow and easily export the code to collaborate with a front-end developer. It's also very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it's not easy to optimize your page speed. Compressing images can only do so much. I get leverage browser caching and render-blocking JavaScript issues. Hopefully the Webflow team will work on this since many are also having the same problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you get into the software it's pretty easy to learn. I've used other tools that are similar to this, but Webflow is by far the best. The Webflow team is constantly working on updates and there's even a community wishlist. So the tool is bound to keep improving. I'm just hoping that they work on page optimization soon.

This is a good solution for quick web development. It saves time and the websites look good.

Webflow review by Sofia R.
Sofia R.

"If you want to make striking websites in a short period of time, then Webflow is for you."

What do you like best?

The thing I like best is Webflow easiness of use, because in order to make a website and have it live, online, in short period of time, I just need to pick out one of the themes that Webflow uses, and then I only have to change a few things (such as text, images, logo, etc) so that the website really suits my style. After this, it's only a matter of saving it and then make it go live. With all of these features, I must say that Webflow makes any person a web design guru.

What do you dislike?

One thing that turns me off is the limited number of themes., and what I mean with this is that Webflow doesn't offer a big arsenal of templates ready to be used, and I think that most of the templates that Webflow offers are more for very serious (and a bit dull) firms rather than fresh and original enterprises. If Webflow added a little bit more variety, then it would absolutely earn 10+ stars from me (I hope they take my suggestion into account).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is for people who wish to have a professional and serious look. Webflow offers templates son that you can have your website ready quickly. But you won't find any fresh or very creative sites.

The greatest benefit I've realized thanks to Weblow is let my customers have a professional and unique presence on the internet. I achieve this by making beautiful and professional websites for them, in a short period of time, so that they can start promoting their services and products online.

Webflow review by Eric S.
Eric S.

"Wonderful tool for web development"

What do you like best?

Excellent service, can’t believe I’ve beeen working without it.

What do you dislike?

I just wish there was a desktop app. I hate that I can’t work on my sites offline. Makes for remote working sometimes difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now, the pricing model is a bit weird. You can’t use the service unless you pay a subscription fee, and you’re kinda stuck paying for the entire service (including hosting). If you don’t want to pay for that, you might want to pass. I have a app only version of the subscription plan that I had before the changes, so I was grandfathered in. That made it worth it to me.

I can offer one stop shop services for all web and UI designs. My front end work is looking very clean and smooth. My knowledge of CSS and HTML has grown simply from using the service as well.

Webflow review by Fernando G.
Fernando G.

"Webflow lets you focus on the design instead of code development"

What do you like best?

Webflow has an intuitive editing interface that comes with web components and widgets that are easy to use out of the box and/or can be customized to your liking. It's great that you can publish the site immediately after finishing designing.

What do you dislike?

I hit stumbling blocks with Webflow's functionality and limitations, sometimes while I'm working on it, the page gets a little bit laggy and slows up, usually, it resolves itself if I refresh the page or exit and go back into it. I do find that, at times, though with their frequent improvements I'm hopeful that many of these challenges will be resolved.

Webflow it's a platform that essentially allows designers to write code in a visual way. As a designer, my coding skills are limited, so it allows me to not depend on developers to continue with the process, which at the end lowers the cost for clients, as well as lowers my production cost.

Webflow review by Duncan H.
Duncan H.

"Webflow allowed me to drop out of college & make a living working for folks all over the world."

What do you like best?

You don't have to know how to write code to use Webflow. I left college knowing almost nothing about HTML, CSS, and javascript. 2 years later I've built dozens of sites for huge companies in the UK, Sweden, Finland, and parts of the US.

What do you dislike?

A few features aren't too user-friendly, but they are powerful. That said, the Webflow staff are super transparent, and it's clear they are making efforts to improve their product all the time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the #1 solution for building static websites. If you need a super complex web app, you'll need developers or another product to manage the backend.

I own a web app called Formatically. Every user-facing screen is built in Webflow. No Webflow, no Formatically.

Webflow review by Raven L.
Raven L.

"Fun and modern"

What do you like best?

It really is a modern web designing program. It is efficient in customization of forms, with the use of drop downs, or bullets. Also this program is very straight forward and easy to use. They emphasize making sure that the website will be able to be viewed properly on mobiles, so I would say their mobile optimization is something I see they focus on more than their competitors. Another great thing is that they aren't inflexible with you using any font you want, I was able to download and input some of my favorite fonts.

What do you dislike?

That it is all code-free, I feel like that can be a disadvantage to those who want to customize their site a little bit more than what their templates offer. I was slightly disappointed about that because I love coding and with this it's almost like using other online sites that just have customizable templates.

Can get websites up faster than ever with this program as compared to coding programs. So there are pros and cons of their template only vs other programs.

Webflow review by Melanie M.
Melanie M.

"Easy Design with an outlook to Code"

What do you like best?

That you can see what the layout will look like in HTML & CSS when you are finished. The animation details you can apply to your website. You can also examine your finished product in different screen formats, such as mobile and tablet . There are plenty of tutorials to look at while you work.

What do you dislike?

It's not so easy to use as Wix.com. I wish you can use the website without having to result in enlarging the screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see if you like it. It gives the full view of what is to look like on your web page. The tutorials are good for beginners when using the website.

When I need to give the developer my designs they can easily look at the code and rewrite it without the hassle of them wasting time trying to plug in everything.

Webflow review by Daniel P.
Daniel P.

"Fast, easy and of quality? Webflow is for you."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with Webflow, you can have it online quickly. You should only use one of the Webflow themes. You must make adjustments to the theme so that the website really suits my way.

After this, it's just a matter of saving and shooting the server. With the above described we could say that the web design was so simple with Webflow.

I love the Webflow design interface, totally intuitive and really amazing components. Easy to handle in every way. The immediate form of publication in the design is enabled. A marvel.

What do you dislike?

There are very few templates that Webflow makes available to the creative mind and small or rigid companies. Must include templates or themes for travel agencies, photographers, video gamers and more. I would give 10 stars to 100 if it includes the necessary narration templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To everything you want to be part of the web and quickly create your professional image at the company level and visually more rigid. Not recommended for video game designers and freelancers.

Users have had their presence on the web quickly and efficiently thanks to Webflow. Knowing that clients are not an easy task to use Webflow and do my job.

Webflow review by Administrator in Graphic Design
Administrator in Graphic Design

"Webflow for the Designer (and non-coder)"

What do you like best?

I love that Webflow allows the user to create clean, well-organized, interactive web pages even if the user's knowledge of coding and programming is limited. Webflow allows for layout-driven pages to be built without knowledge of the code, but also gives the abilityto edit the code itself for those with a stronger understanding. Also, Webflow has very good instructional videos to help users learn and understand the software.

What do you dislike?

Webflow and be difficult to learn and understand at first, and isn't always user friendly. Although they have instructional database videos, the software is difficult to learn without watching some of them. Also, there are very few things that can be done without a paid account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch as many Webflow tutorials as you can when you first set up your account to ensure that you understand how the software works.

Integrating different programs such as Shopify, PayPal, etc, can be challenging. Although it is possible, it isn't clearly explained.

Webflow review by Agency
Agency

"The future of web design is already here"

What do you like best?

Webflow is the solution that was sorely missing from the web design panorama: a truly graphical way of designing responsive websites, solid and that just works. It has almost all the building blocks needed, together with the best practices already implemented such as reusable assets, animation helpers, etc. It also has an host of advanced functions that can help you build data-driven and e-commerce websites.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would prefer over the current approach would be an offline, desktop application, that would save all the data on the computer and then sync with a cloud platform whenever possible. Working only in the browser still makes me a bit unsure at times, and I fear of losing my work every now and then.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the browser only approach doesn't scare you, Webflow is a truly innovative, solid and useful alternative to the usual web design tools, one that could also revolutionise the way you work.

Before Webflow, we had to build Photoshop mockups, then write code and design CSS constantly checking the browser to see if the design was coming out as intended, not to speak about checking responsiveness on the various screen sizes. Webflow is WYSIWYG done right: we can skip the Photoshop part and see what is coming out of our design as we build it, for any screen We definitely plan on using it much more in the future!

Webflow review by Julieanne M.
Julieanne M.

"Great for Designers who aren't that great at code."

What do you like best?

The best thing about web flow is how easy it is to use. The interface is great for designers who aren't that knowledgable with code. It speeds up the process of designing a website site by negating the need to mockup in ps and then build it. You can go from wire framing to building it right away. If you need to make any easy edits, you can do so easily by being able to visually see it, rather than writing the code and then seeing how it looks.

What do you dislike?

So far I have not experienced anything I disliked. They did just launch web flow university with a lot of tutorials; I would like to watch one where the can explain more about the effects you can apply to a site. That would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize their video tutorials and learn how to use each tool.

I currently work for a company that owns several business that need branding for all of them. Since I am a one person department for marketing and creative and I need to develop websites for all of the businesses, using web flow has helped tremendously. I'm a designer first, and I am teaching myself code, and this is the best of both worlds. It expedites the process, makes it easy to to edit and create new content, as well stops the expense of having to outsource this work to someone else.

Webflow review by Jaime T.
Jaime T.

"Top App for WebDesign"

What do you like best?

I like the willingness to reproduce styles and elements, it offers a good layout of the website. You just need a little perseverance to get your own website and start receiving leads to your business, I loved the simple way to connect it with other applications like Zapier, which helps me to have the first relationship with my leads automatically This is undoubtedly a great advantage for those of us who focus on offering a quick response to our leads. Also something incredible is the ease and professionalism with which the blog looks, collections are something that can make a difference because in other platforms with a much easier administration and simpler processes do not yet have these possibilities, in general I think a platform Enough robust and professional.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, the software does not allow me to scroll while I am in the designer quality. I also think about certain elements that the layers seem to vanish. Often, you can create a backup by clicking on collapse everything. Together, if you use a wacom tablet as a mouse, sometimes the scrolling capabilities also disappear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use and the best, completely visible websites for google. I recommend this product for those who are into web designing profession. It is extremely good for designing responsive websites.

We use it to develop web designs and web hosting, and up to the present it was one of the best programs we use when we talk about how easy it is to use and how fast the work is done.

Webflow review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"Brilliant Product, But Could Be Improved"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of Webflow. With a lot of other site-builders, there are so many limitations with sizing, layout, color, imagery, etc. For designers, this is extremely exciting because you can change almost every visual detail and add effects as well. I also enjoy the ability to see other designers work because it gives me inspiration for my own.

What do you dislike?

There is a very steep learning curve. The icons can be a bit confusing, and control panel could be easier on the eyes. I think one would have to watch a number of tutorials before fully utilizing Webflow to its full potential.

Webflow allows for very unique UI design. The integration of design & coding is great because it gives the designer the freedom to add personalization. Plus, it's free to use.

Webflow review by Kayla S.
Kayla S.

"Beautiful web designs if you have the time"

What do you like best?

I like that you have full and total control of every element on the page, from the sizes of different boxes and icons to the links each will take you to. The colors, the organization and the ability to create something entirely yours from scratch to ensure your design stands out and is unique.

What do you dislike?

The software takes an incredibly long time to figure out and get the hang of. There are youtube tutorials which can be helpful but the look of the designer can be daunting at first.

I am enjoying the endless possibilities of designs and the full control you have as a web designer without having to CODE!

Webflow review by Chad M.
Chad M.

"Webflow is Almost the Perfect Web Design Software"

What do you like best?

The great thing about Webflow is it is perhaps one of smartest layouts I have ever seen for web design software. It is easy to do just about anything from animations to simple div formatting. It also, in my opinion, has about the lowest learning curve out there (with an exception being Muse). But, what I really love about Webflow is how quickly we can get a website built, and how easy it is to go behind others and make changes.

I also love how powerful it is - without sacrificing its simplicity in use.

What do you dislike?

The problem with Webflow is their pricing model and their attempt to monopolize your business. In addition to this, they haven't always been very good with communicating changes to accounts and other features. For instance, we have a lot of clients that pay us for Online Advertising. Using Webflow for landing pages was great. But, then they made a decision that their forms weren't going to work if the code was exported and hosted elsewhere. This resulted in us missing out on hundreds and hundreds of leads for our clients because we weren't made aware the forms stopped working.

Now, that's not to say that they didn't own up to their mistake They did. And that is great and worth considering.

But, the other issue I have is that they want you to build and host on their website. And they do give you the ability to invoice your clients from their site (with white labeling), but this kind of makes everything we do dependent on their platform. I also take issue with this because all of our clients are on our own fast servers. Why pay Webflow to host when we have servers already? Furthermore, why limit the capabilities of websites that are hosted elsewhere? In this sense, I think they are targeting the "amateur" web designers and not the pros.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webflow offers a free plan which would be great for anyone wanting to try it out. I'm pretty sure you'll fall in love with Webflow.

We use Webflow to quickly prototype a website. It makes for quick work and from a speed standpoint - prototyping a website on Webflow can be quicker than doing a traditional wireframe.

Webflow review by Piero R.
Piero R.

"MUST-HAVE web design service for Designers"

What do you like best?

I love being able to create websites that are fully customizable for designers and eliminate the need to learn to code. The UI is fairly easy to figure out without the need for tutorials, even though pretty great ones are provided via Webflow University. I am not sure why it took so long for a service like Webflow to appear, but I love it!

What do you dislike?

Trying to understand the CMS aspect of Webfow has been a bit of a challenge for me. I feel like it lacks features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

None, other than just give it a try. Especially if you are trying to work directly with clients and don't know how to code.

I am able to work more efficiently on freelance projects, without needing a developer, which saves me money and increases profits.

Webflow review by Tim T.
Tim T.

"Low barrier of entry, high quality results "

What do you like best?

If you're familiar with writing custom html and css, Webflow will come very quickly to you. Responsive design is made simple and easy and the training and resources made available are extensive and excellent.

What do you dislike?

Repeating multiple tasks is made tiresome by settings hidden under several layers of clicks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try using the free version of Webflow to recreate your existing portfolio or company site. That way, you have a design already created and you can concentrate on learning the software and at the end, you have something you can actually use!

I don't have to write the majority of the code myself, letting me spend my time on design and interaction. If I want to export the code and tweak it after, I can.

Webflow review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Meh...s'okay"

What do you like best?

Good WYWOSIG system. The drag and drop wireframe is appropriately used for on the go business as usual types that have little time for editing and scaling. The ability to enter text as it would appear on the page on the webpage is a great little tool. Video Tutorials help icons are always available as well, which makes for a nice touch.

What do you dislike?

Text can be relatively small, and you have to be careful with the drag and drop function sometimes. I find it tricky to get to the heart of the SEO and back end meta tags that are so essential for search engine optimisation editing and upkeep - it sometimes seems as if you have to be especially keen to dig into the section where you enter an "alt tag", for instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, most definitely. The tutorials are there to help, so the support is fairly strong. If you're more of a do it yourselfer, it's worth swallowing the pride and doing.

We've been using it in conjunction with a new website project we're looking to kick off. As we're not full-time web editors and digital marketers right now, it saves time and money.

Webflow review by Caitlin R.
Caitlin R.

"Customizable websites for the non-coder"

What do you like best?

Not having a background in coding it was hard for me in the past to update our website. However, once we moved to Webflow it was so easy to have a customized website that I can update anytime I choose. It so simple to add new pages, re-arrange material or update images.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes when I go looking for help in the FAQ section they dont always present me with great options to fix my problem. However, their service team has always been super prompt and able to guide me to a video or overview that helps me figure out what Im trying to do.

My team needed a completely new website that was fresh, customizable and easily maintained. Webflow helped us achieve all three.

Webflow review by Kelly G.
Kelly G.

"Hit and Sometimes Miss"

What do you like best?

I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with Webflow. As a designer, I LOVE that the interface allows me to create websites without requiring me to write code (my coding skills are more basic).

That said, saying that Webflow requires no coding is a bit of a misnomer. True, you don't have to code or know code to use Webflow, but if you don't have a pretty solid understanding of HTML5/CSS/structure/lingo, you're going to be, frankly, screwed. Sure, you can go into the interface, and with only minimal review of their info materials (eg. tutorials), create a website from scratch. But, if you don't know what you're doing (eg. say, you typically do graphic design and work with Adobe photoshop or InDesign) - you'll be duped into thinking the beautiful site you made (that looks great on your screen) will look just like it looks on your screen everywhere else - and you'll be WRONG. I had to spend a lot of time really learning about how to use px vs. % vs. VH vs. em's and things like that to really be able to make my websites responsive. Now, that said, they really do have a TON of tutorials and videos and webinars out there to help you, so if you are willing to put in the time, you can learn what you need to know. One of my favourite features is that you can go into the editor of other sites and see how they are built. It's a really cool way to learn more (in a reverse engineering kind of way). I really, really love this feature and appreciate that they decided to make this available.

The bit of "hate" part of my relationship with Webflow stems from 2 things: the time required to really learn the system (to find some of the subtle design techniques that are really critical to responsiveness, you have to hunt and peck - there's no one tool I found that really goes into this in detail from A to Z), as well as some issues I've had with their support. But I've updated that part of my review (see below). All in all, I don't see myself not using Webflow anytime soon. It's one of those situations where you have to take a bit of bad with the good, because it's worth it.

What do you dislike?

This is an update... I'd had an experience with support where I hadn't gotten a response to an issue for some time (and if you read on the forums, you'll see I'm not alone in that experience). However, I was able to get through to them via an alternate route, and from that point on, it was like I was a VIP. They were really timely with their responses, and I had a fantastic phone conversation with support - which was uber helpful (and uncovered a bug on their end which may have been impacting other users). So, I'm going to recommend them more strongly, but with the caveat that customer service can be an issue (I was told they are hiring more people, so this may be alleviated soon), so you just have to be persistent and try reaching out by other means if at first you don't succeed with the support email.

One other important point: they have had a lot of changes in pricing structure in the past year which has upset the community (see many forum posts) and left designers hanging about future price changes/competitiveness of using the platform. I don't do web design full-time, but I understand why this is a significant issue. In fact, I just built a website for a company who is most likely not going to host with webflow because of the high price. It's still a great platform, and it's easy to export static sites, but if you're going with CMS, then just know your clients will be paying a more premium price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch out for the pricing changes that are going on now. Webflow used to be $5 for hosting a static site, and $10 for CMS. They went through several changes last year - to both designer plans and hosting - and are set to increase hosting in April: static site for $12 and CMS for $20. That puts them above industry competition (eg. hosting a WP site on Blue Host or other hosting platform). While you can always export your code and host yourself, that obviously won't work with sites that are CMS. Just a heads up.

Great tool to make custom websites from scratch. It's not "idiot proof" like Wix or other web editors, but there's a lot you can do with Webflow that you can't do with those if you take the time to learn it.

Webflow review by Stevin M.
Stevin M.

"Amazing Experience"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, and the community is outstanding.

What do you dislike?

Not learning about it early on, and I wish there was a deal for hosting and account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While knowing CSS and HTML is important, Webflow will allow you to grow as a designer, and really focus on design skills. It will allow you to work faster and more efficient. The community is amazing as well! We are all helping each other out the best we can.

Being able to design and develop without having to hire a developer. Benefits me as a designer so I can focus on the design and not have to waste my time figuring out how to code something dynamic. Thus, speeding up production and turnaround times.

Webflow review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Webflow is a game changer for web design"

What do you like best?

The ease of use, assuming that one knows CSS, is without equal among website builders. It writes beautiful code, is extremely customizable, and is regularly being updated with valuable additions to the interface and functioning.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t have enough breakpoints. Sometimes I am concerned about it being browser-based, because I can’t work when my wi-fi is down. I wish it were like Adobe CC where there is a downloadable program that checks in periodically to verify a subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re a designer who understands CSS, get Webflow!

I can create mockups for clients so much faster, and the built-in responsiveness saves a lot of time on the mobile layouts. Their collections which allow for designing around content is amazing. My clients are very impressed with the ease of updating their own sites, as well as the page load times of the hosting services.

Webflow review by User

"Excelente opción para una página web dinámica y minimalista "

What do you like best?

Me gusta la facilidad de copiar estilos y elementos, ofrece una buena diagramación de la página web y es interesante saber que aquí en México somos pocos los que utilizamos esta aplicación. Necesitas solo un poco de dedicación para poder montar tu propia web y comenzar a recibir leads a tu negocio, me encantó la manera tan sencilla de conectarla con otras aplicaciones como Zapier, que me ayuda a que el primer contacto con mis leads sea de manera automática esto es sin lugar a dudas una gran ventaja para quienes nos enfocamos en ofrecer una respuesta rápida a nuestros leads. Además algo increíble es la facilidad y profesionalismo con que luce el blog, las colecciones son algo que puede hacer la diferencia pues en otras plataformas con un manejo mucho más fácil y procesos más sencillos no cuentan todavía con estas posibilidades, en general me parece una plataforma bastante robusta y profesional.

What do you dislike?

No me gusta que muchos efectos tienen que ser creados de manera manual, es muy fácil la interfaz una vez que sabes un poco más sobre la plataforma, pero de inicio si fue un poco duro aprender

Recommendations to others considering the product

Facilidad de uso y la mejor, sitios web completamente visibles para google.

páginas web personalizadas y responsivas, buena estructura a nivel programación pues es muy amigable en cuestiones de posicionamiento orgánico, me encanta la manera de programar y alimentar el blog y las colecciones pre cargadas

Webflow review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Webflow is very user friendly."

What do you like best?

It is easy to figure out what you want to do in webflow. It has a very familiar interface and has similarities to adobe products. It also works in a very designer friendly manor. Meaning it is easy to think of what you want to do and then figure out how to do it with the available presets.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program does not let me scroll while I am in the designer mode. I also think on certain elements the layers seems to just disappear. You can usually get it to show back up by clicking collapse all. Also if you use a wacom tablet as a mouse sometimes the scroll capabilities also disappears.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How can you export a published site and not have it searchable by the public.

We are using webflow for layout proposals. It is nice because it makes a live link that can be used to view how a layout will work responsively.

Webflow review by Pradeep H.
Pradeep H.

"Intuitive web designing interface!!"

What do you like best?

Webflow comes with easy to use web components and widgets that can be customized to our linking. I liked the feature of publishing the site immediately. Very quick neat-looking designs (and the code!)Very easy to get started with great templates, quite intuitive UI, you can produce professional websites in minutes, adapts itself very neatly to the user. I also appreciate that the Webflow team as they are committed in improving the platform, when they update the software. In addition, there's a fairly solid collection of video tutorials that are pretty useful. Overall I liked most of its features.

What do you dislike?

In my experience, I haven't found any problems in this software. Sometimes the program is laggy and slows down a bit. It usually resolves itself when I refresh the page. The design of the side bar is highly inconspicuous. Bigger buttons, less icons and more descriptions are needed for beginners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I use webflow for developing responsive websites needed for my research. The easy to publish feature in webflow is really good and has helped me extensively in my research projects.

Webflow review by Julia W.
Julia W.

"Beste Software für Webdesign"

What do you like best?

Mir gefällt, wie wir Webseiten in Echtzeit gestalten können. Mir gefällt, dass wir das Drag & Drop-Tool verwenden können, weil es die Arbeit erleichtert. Alles, was Sie tun müssen, ist anpassen.

What do you dislike?

Es ist ein bisschen teuer, aber ansonsten habe ich keine Beschwerden.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ich würde es jedem empfehlen, der mit dem Webdesign beginnen möchte, egal ob Sie ein Experte auf diesem Gebiet sind oder nicht.

Wir verwenden es, um Webdesigns und Webhosting zu erstellen, und bisher war es eines der besten Programme, das wir verwendet haben, wenn wir darüber sprechen, wie einfach es zu benutzen ist und wie schnell Sie Ihre Arbeit erledigen.

Webflow review by User in Computer Software

"super intelligent tool that takes what i don't like about coding out of the equation"

What do you like best?

I love that it's a visual representation of front end development. It takes the painful parts of web dev out - staring at lines of code, surfing between files, and trying to make sense of hundreds of stack overflow questions, to name a few. Specifying style no longer requires you to install yarn, or to refresh your local every time you want to see a change. The controls in Webflow let you play with style with just a few clicks, just as if you were designing in Photoshop or Sketch.

What do you dislike?

There are certain HTML attributes they don't support. While they've picked attributes that aren't 100% necessary and that can be achieved using other ones, it's still a little disconcerting. I've also exchanged wading through stack overflow for wading through webflow help forums, but it's still better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should at least know CSS and HTML before attempting to use the product. You don't need to be an expert, but understanding how to arrange things the way you want to with plain HTML and CSS beforehand will speed up the process significantly.

I can freelance more easily now with Webflow. I have all my work in one place, and I don't have to bother with setting up super custom and complex web dev environments. I'm not a hardcore engineer so I really don't need any of that; Webflow takes care of all of that for me.

Webflow review by Pete M.
Pete M.

"Powerful Tool!"

What do you like best?

Webflow is, by far, the best web design/development tool that I have used. It is incredibly easy to execute on a web project, and the team is continually pushing out new features to enhance the functionality. I find myself recommending it regularly.

What do you dislike?

At this moment, I wish there was a standard e-commerce offering, rather than having to integrate a third-party tool. However, I know the team is working hard to bring this feature to the community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up and give it a try. If you have questions, check out the community forum as many users are ready to help. Otherwise, you can simply contact Webflow, and their customer support team will assist with any issues that you may encounter.

Efficiency. Webflow allows designers to create websites at a tremendous rate of speed. Clients are continually amazed by how fast their sites are completed.

Webflow review by Ethan W.
Ethan W.

"Design and develop at the same time"

What do you like best?

Webflow doesn't feel like another WYSIWYG — it's almost a different way to code. Plus the speed at which I can go from zero to a live website is amazing.

What do you dislike?

Say goodbye to static mocks and spec docs. Say hello to a whole new way to build for the web. Webflow gives designers all the power of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. But instead of writing code, you manipulate the real, working website — visually — just like your favorite design tool

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create the content structure you need in Webflow CMS, design your layout, then bind elements to your site's real content. Whatever you’re building, Webflow CMS has the flexibility you need.

I know how to write code and I still prefer Webflow because of its speed.

Webflow review by April C.
April C.

"Awesome!"

What do you like best?

webflow truly does have some amazing templates and an easy interface that gives me so many tutorials to show me how to create my personal website. Plus, because I can open up with a free account originally and I am only one person with one website I can actually just pay for the hosting and actually use my custom domain

What do you dislike?

There wasn't really anything that I found that I didn't like, it was just that webflow in particular offered are certain atmosphere that didn't quite meet my taste. Being an extremely picky person, I was looking for something very specific.

Marketing, and the need for a website! Because of webflow I've come to realize that a website is very important when you're trying to create a brand as I have. You need a place where people can come to see all of your information and receive whatever connection with your business that they need.

Webflow review by Scott J.
Scott J.

"Webflow Review"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy that Webflow is a visual representation of coding. I've used a few other in browser editors like Wix and SquareSpace but I think Webflow hits a good spot of being extremely flexible while still being closely tied to actual code.

I think it's a really great solution for web designers because of the ability to host through webflow and charge the client as necessary. It's flexible enough that depending how much the client needs from me I can reflect that through the bill that goes through Webflow.

I think the UI is really great as well.

What do you dislike?

For those who are unfamiliar with HTML and CSS this will have a difficult learning curve. The tutorials that Webflow has put together aren't the worst but they aren't my favorite either.

I haven't found a great way to do ecommerce through Webflow yet but there may be a some ways I'm just don't know about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to build very simple sites Webflow is a great way to get into front end work visually. I think it's definitely a more face value editor that has similar capabilities as Square Space or Wix. If you are looking at getting into Webflow make sure you are already familiar with HTML and CSS.

I've been building some very simple websites or landing pages. It's a great way to create something unique in a world full of templates.

Webflow review by Raluca M.
Raluca M.

"Great tool for designing responsive websites"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Webflow is the ability to design without knowing much code. The interface looks great, nice and simple. The Google Fonts integration is very useful. Exporting the code is again very neat.

The library is expanding and also I like that they keep working on it constantly. It's easy to make clean websites and presentation websites are its forte.

If you don't know html css very well, (like I did) this is a very good tool to learn how they work. I did some basic training, but I lacked the practical skills. This is where I did learn to organize content inside a website. Very valuable learning tool.

What do you dislike?

You need to know a minimum of HTML or CSS. If you don't, the learning curve will be a bit steeper. Since it's a visual editor WYSIWYG of CSS attributes, you really need to know what you are doing. You can also learn the most of it in the course of a week. Best way to learn.

Prices are too steep lately. At first they did have a good plan, but they changed it into something that always seems to want more for every page of the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a tool to have for every graphical website designer. Keeps you down to earth with the tech side of the job, and also makes it easy to create your own websites. I needed this.

I am a designer working in Photoshop most of the time. Helped me create a presentation site from scratch, and that means not hiring a developer to work for me, thus saving me a lot of money at the expense of my own time and struggle. And the struggle was real.

Webflow review by Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.

" Powerful CMS — beautiful, complex websites with no coding"

What do you like best?

I've been using Webflow for about a year — we needed a CMS that our designer and I could use to build a relatively complex website, with minimal demand on our front-end devs. Webflow fit the bill — and let us do more than we thought possible, with way less effort. Their dynamic content ("Collections") lets you create complex assets (text, media, sort orders, images, background colors, etc.) that can be used throughout the site. We built a 75-page website in a matter of a couple weeks.

Some things I like:

- Ability to build beautiful sites with relatively little design experience and almost no coding experience

- So so easy to manage responsive design for each device

- Baked-in SEO features (dynamic meta and open graph tags, easy 301 redirects, autogenerated sitemap, easily defined robots.txt file)

- Their Collections feature — makes it easy to create complex sets of information and media (like blog posts, employee profiles, product features), and use it dynamically anywhere on the site, or build templated pages for it.

- Fast customer support with a paid/priority account, and a super-helpful community forum

- Rapid product development and response to wish-listed features

What do you dislike?

- Some issues with things that impact site speed (render-blocking CSS and JavaScript that are part of the product, and can't be fixed)

- Lack of integrations makes things harder if you're a B2B website

- Their SSL/https hosting doesn't work with all DNS providers

- Occasionally, we'll run into other technological inflexibilities that make things hard

Recommendations to others considering the product

For independent web designers — OMG get this. They provide a lot of handy features for designers working with clients (billing through Webflow, content editor permissions for non-designers, full site export into clean, beautiful code).

For businesses, make sure your business needs are completely thought out, and that Webflow will support them. We've hit a few bumps, but ultimately love it.

With Webflow, we were able to build a beautiful, responsive site in minimum time, and with minimal help from our engineering team.

Webflow review by Kylie D.
Kylie D.

"An In-Depth Overview of Webflow"

What do you like best?

I like that this program offers web design from a developer's point of view.

What do you dislike?

The drag-and-drop capability could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

From a user-interface perspective, there are definitely easier web design programs out there for individuals who are just now getting into coding and development (ie: Squarespace). But Webflow offers considerably more capabilities and design freedoms than those you would find in pre-made templates on most other CMS programs.

I use it for developing my personal website. It has been very effective not only to lay out and design my site, but also as a content management system.

Webflow review by User in Design
User in Design

"A web-based service that facilitates the process of making the site and is promising."

What do you like best?

It may seem like a fairly complex service but what it does is actually very simple. Basically, you can create your own site by drag and drop to create a smart service.

If you don't know web design coding and want to create a personal web page for yourself, it makes sense for you. If you don't have any information, you can create direct visual-based sites, but if you have little knowledge of HTML and CSS, you can get more different studies.

What do you dislike?

I cannot say that the internet site can be prepared in many different concepts on Webflow. But it is very clear that Webflow is a very easy and fast solution to prepare events, publicity, community and personal pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webflow actually works like a text editor for your web site or drag and want to drag and edit the HTML editor you can create. This gives you full control and you can create a site as you like.

Panel size, font size, color settings, font size, in short, all changes are actually made in the background on HTML and CSS, and you do not need to write any other code, but you can intervene if you want.

I know how to write code and I use Webflow to quickly prototype a website.

Webflow review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"The Future"

What do you like best?

Coding and design all in one platform. Themes are reasonably priced, modern design, super convenient for a quick website. Support is only through email but they are actually very quick to response and with video screen share which makes it very easy to follow.

What do you dislike?

Hosting has to be from Webflow; and it costs more than other services out there such as BlueHost or GoDaddy. Plus, there is no online chat or phone support, just email, which takes time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the video tutorials before you start.

Freelancing for a private client's financial website. I like how I can directly charge the client through Webflow through their Client Billing feature which makes things more transparent for my client.

Webflow review by Christina P.
Christina P.

"Webpage Design"

What do you like best?

I like that I can easily make a webpage without a hassle. This program makes building my site quicker and easier than any program I have ever used.

What do you dislike?

I feel that Webflow is pricey for a startup webpage program for basic web design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program can be hard to use at first, but if you take the time to learn this program, it can help change the way you build your website. There are pros and cons, however, this is a great program. After using it for 3 months, I highly recommend it to anyone who is starting a business or needs to build a website for any reason.

I am able to export websites to different platforms by using Webflow. This has been very helpful and time saving.

Webflow review by Viviane Van D.
Viviane Van D.

"Amazing web design program!"

What do you like best?

What I liked best about this, compared to any other website builder is that it lets you freely design without any restraints. I watched a couple how to videos and within a day I was able to master how to use the program. Very intuitive, lots of animations that you could work with. External fonts that you could download for free. Webflow did an amazing job, this is my favorite website builder and no coding is required.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I could really say that I dislike about it.. but I guess maybe understanding the language might take you a second to learn if you're not a web developer. Like understanding what div means or how the containers work within a div block?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great freeflow website builder! It takes a little while to learn if you've never used programs such as illustrator or photoshop, since they have similiar concepts, but once you do it's very easy to use. It offers great tutorial videos that are easy to follow along. This is great if you want to build a site from scratch and build it to the way you had envisioned it to look. It offers a range of tools, such as animation and font options etc.

I'm trying to create a portfolio and I had a hard time trying to find the right web tool to use and this was perfect it had everything I needed to create a site from scratch.

Webflow review by User in Internet

"Easy software to create web pages"

What do you like best?

As a developer, seeing this software makes me feel rest. This tool helps a lot. It allows you to build in simple steps a nice looking website.

It will generate code following most of the best practices out there, so you can be certain that the site will look good on many devices.

Very quickly you can setup and publish a web site.

What do you dislike?

There are some custom things that can not be added so simple, and you have to pay for adding some custom code. So if there is something that cannot be done using their UI but it might be achieved with simple programming you would need to be on a paid plan in order to be able to add it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this to anyone with a need to have a website live in a couple of weeks. For some dollars a month you can have your site built and hosted. Quickly, secured and with good standards. You can even hire a designer and have him built the site in your account very quickly.

Mostly web design of simple web sites Sometimes a designed will give me a design they made and I will use this tool to convert it to HTML and CSS.

Webflow review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"Very amazing product. I use this for all of my designs. "

What do you like best?

The intuitive way to create websites has made my life entirely easier coding and designing wise. I love that the interface is simple, sleek and sexy. It's also easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I would love to take out the "w-" prefix for some code that is in the export. Other than that it is a great product

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the future of web design. Use this to make your design process way faster and more efficient. It also has a CMS platform just in case you need to host all your content with Webflow. They also offer reasonable pricing. It's cheaper to pay by the year than monthly though

We build custom web solutions for clients on a monthly basis. This speeds up our designing workflow 10x fold.

Webflow review by User in Computer Software

"Amazing tool for web designers"

What do you like best?

The software doesn't limit you by having a bunch of pre-baked features or widgets. It gives you a clean canvas (if you choose) to work on and writes some of the cleanest code I've seen in a wysiwyg editor. This tool is a great way to introduce designers into how websites are coded, and a great time-saving tool for seasoned vets to get in and get the job done quickly.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are a bit limiting, but not all. The symbols would be great if the text was variable based on a collection's data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't skip out on this one. This is the real deal.

I've seen an 80% decrease in the amount of time and effort needed to create simple marketing sites for clients.

Webflow review by Haley A.
Haley A.

"I like it once I’ve reaaaaaalllly gotten used to the interface. "

What do you like best?

I like that it takes the fear out of building a website since there’s no coding involved, plus it gives you more creative freedom than Wix or Weebly.

What do you dislike?

It takes a LONG time to get used to the interface. None of the buttons are labeled, and it gets confusing fast. It’s only after watching tutorial after tutorial that I get an idea of what I’m supposed to be doing.

I would like it if there was a way to build motion graphics too.

I like being able to create a website from scratch without having to code from the ground up. As for business, it makes it very easy to keep your website simple, modern, and engaging.

Webflow review by Bec L.
Bec L.

"Powerful tools, but steep learning curve"

What do you like best?

You can do a LOT with Webflow. It's better than any other website builder I've used. It lets you customize as much as you want, and comes with templates that make it easy to build good looking sites quickly.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of coding concepts that make it hard to learn initially (i.e. the concept of a div with properties).

I was trying to setup an online portfolio. I was able to do that really quickly (in less than a week) using Webflow.

Webflow review by Zoe M.
Zoe M.

"This is a good solution for quick web development"

What do you like best?

Webflow is extremely effective and has an actually well considered interface. Webflow is better than Wordpress because it lets you to develop innovative site functions and interactions without having to understand ways to acquire or code and set up different plugins. It has a fantastic client assistance and strong neighborhood.

What do you dislike?

Often I experienced small bugs however absolutely nothing video game breaking. Users without a strong understanding of finest website design practices will have a hard time to obtain the very best from the visual page home builders.

This is an excellent option for fast web advancement as well as Can get sites up faster than ever

Webflow review by Dustan N.
Dustan N.

"Webflow is awesome!"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing is how Webflow can make somebody understand how a site is developed. Being a designer it gives me an idea of what to handoff to developers

What do you dislike?

It's very difficult to start with. Although it teaches you alot about web development, you also have to know about development to use the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch youtube tutorials!

We use it to create landing pages

Webflow review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Webflow is the best web platform for designers wanting to create custom websites!"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very easy to pick up coming from Sketch and Adobe products.

What do you dislike?

I feel like the pricing is a little high, but it's still worth it for the customization and CMS features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a decent understanding of the usual web design tools, like Adobe Creative Suite and/or have a basic understanding of HTML and CSS, you'll be in a great place to start using Webflow. Just start with their online courses/tutorials. If you don't have a background in design or development, you may have a tougher learning curve.

I'm building an entire website development business with Webflow at the center of it.

Webflow review by Petler B.
Petler B.

"Making web design simple"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use of this product and how advanced some of the animations and interactions are that you can add to your designs.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the grid and how you can only customise it to an extent. In the past I've been put off using this product for a pre-made design because I couldn't get the grid options to match with the design that I was given.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try, there's a lot of cool tutorials to get you started too!

Trying to speed up our workflow and minimise the time spend on the initial setup of a web project.

Learning about Webflow?

* We monitor all Webflow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.