Webflow

Webflow is a web design tool, CMS, and hosting platform in one.

Work for Webflow?

Showing 78 Webflow reviews
Webflow review by <span>Fred H.</span>
Fred H.

Meh...s'okay

What do you like best?

Good WYWOSIG system. The drag and drop wireframe is appropriately used for on the go business as usual types that have little time for editing and scaling. The ability to enter text as it would appear on the page on the webpage is a great little tool. Video Tutorials help icons are always available as well, which makes for a nice touch.

What do you dislike?

Text can be relatively small, and you have to be careful with the drag and drop function sometimes. I find it tricky to get to the heart of the SEO and back end meta tags that are so essential for search engine optimisation editing and upkeep - it sometimes seems as if you have to be especially keen to dig into the section where you enter an "alt tag", for instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, most definitely. The tutorials are there to help, so the support is fairly strong. If you're more of a do it yourselfer, it's worth swallowing the pride and doing.

We've been using it in conjunction with a new website project we're looking to kick off. As we're not full-time web editors and digital marketers right now, it saves time and money.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webflow
Webflow review by <span>Anna P.</span>
Anna P.

Visual Designer

What do you like best?

I like how I can design in Webflow and easily export the code to collaborate with a front-end developer. It's also very user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how it's not easy to optimize your page speed. Compressing images can only do so much. I get leverage browser caching and render-blocking JavaScript issues. Hopefully the Webflow team will work on this since many are also having the same problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There's a bit of a learning curve, but once you get into the software it's pretty easy to learn. I've used other tools that are similar to this, but Webflow is by far the best. The Webflow team is constantly working on updates and there's even a community wishlist. So the tool is bound to keep improving. I'm just hoping that they work on page optimization soon.

This is a good solution for quick web development. It saves time and the websites look good.

What Web Design solution do you use?

Webflow review by <span>Sofia R.</span>
Sofia R.

If you want to make striking websites in a short period of time, then Webflow is for you.

What do you like best?

The thing I like best is Webflow easiness of use, because in order to make a website and have it live, online, in short period of time, I just need to pick out one of the themes that Webflow uses, and then I only have to change a few things (such as text, images, logo, etc) so that the website really suits my style. After this, it's only a matter of saving it and then make it go live. With all of these features, I must say that Webflow makes any person a web design guru.

What do you dislike?

One thing that turns me off is the limited number of themes., and what I mean with this is that Webflow doesn't offer a big arsenal of templates ready to be used, and I think that most of the templates that Webflow offers are more for very serious (and a bit dull) firms rather than fresh and original enterprises. If Webflow added a little bit more variety, then it would absolutely earn 10+ stars from me (I hope they take my suggestion into account).

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is for people who wish to have a professional and serious look. Webflow offers templates son that you can have your website ready quickly. But you won't find any fresh or very creative sites.

The greatest benefit I've realized thanks to Weblow is let my customers have a professional and unique presence on the internet. I achieve this by making beautiful and professional websites for them, in a short period of time, so that they can start promoting their services and products online.

Webflow review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

Wonderful tool for web development

What do you like best?

Excellent service, can’t believe I’ve beeen working without it.

What do you dislike?

I just wish there was a desktop app. I hate that I can’t work on my sites offline. Makes for remote working sometimes difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Right now, the pricing model is a bit weird. You can’t use the service unless you pay a subscription fee, and you’re kinda stuck paying for the entire service (including hosting). If you don’t want to pay for that, you might want to pass. I have a app only version of the subscription plan that I had before the changes, so I was grandfathered in. That made it worth it to me.

I can offer one stop shop services for all web and UI designs. My front end work is looking very clean and smooth. My knowledge of CSS and HTML has grown simply from using the service as well.

Webflow review by <span>Fernando G.</span>
Fernando G.

Webflow lets you focus on the design instead of code development

What do you like best?

Webflow has an intuitive editing interface that comes with web components and widgets that are easy to use out of the box and/or can be customized to your liking. It's great that you can publish the site immediately after finishing designing.

What do you dislike?

I hit stumbling blocks with Webflow's functionality and limitations, sometimes while I'm working on it, the page gets a little bit laggy and slows up, usually, it resolves itself if I refresh the page or exit and go back into it. I do find that, at times, though with their frequent improvements I'm hopeful that many of these challenges will be resolved.

Webflow it's a platform that essentially allows designers to write code in a visual way. As a designer, my coding skills are limited, so it allows me to not depend on developers to continue with the process, which at the end lowers the cost for clients, as well as lowers my production cost.

Webflow review by <span>Raven L.</span>
Raven L.

Fun and modern

What do you like best?

It really is a modern web designing program. It is efficient in customization of forms, with the use of drop downs, or bullets. Also this program is very straight forward and easy to use. They emphasize making sure that the website will be able to be viewed properly on mobiles, so I would say their mobile optimization is something I see they focus on more than their competitors. Another great thing is that they aren't inflexible with you using any font you want, I was able to download and input some of my favorite fonts.

What do you dislike?

That it is all code-free, I feel like that can be a disadvantage to those who want to customize their site a little bit more than what their templates offer. I was slightly disappointed about that because I love coding and with this it's almost like using other online sites that just have customizable templates.

Can get websites up faster than ever with this program as compared to coding programs. So there are pros and cons of their template only vs other programs.

Learning about Webflow?

* We monitor all Webflow reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.