WebMerge

4.7

WebMerge is an online platform that allows you to easily collect data, populate a document and send it to any contact automatically. They provide you with flexible document types, dynamic content, and delivery options that fit to your business needs.

Work for WebMerge?

Learning about WebMerge?

WebMerge Reviews

Ask WebMerge a Question
Showing 57 WebMerge reviews
WebMerge review by Shawn T.
Shawn T.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WebMerge
WebMerge review by Trust S.
Trust S.

"Awesome Product - Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

If you are considering automated document generation this is definitely the way to go. WebMerge should be called MagicMerge because it is so friggin amazing. Before I even signed up, Jeremy spent an hour on the phone with me discussing the ins-and-outs of WebMerge. After I signed up, Jeremy spent an incredible amount of time getting me going with my 1st Document. I am not a computer person at all, so if I can do it, anyone can do it. WebMerge has a boat-load of resources and they respond almost instantly when I can't find what I am looking for. We have about 15 different merges set up now and have merged almost 1000 documents.

But let me tell you the most fantastic part. The first Merge we set up was a standard trust document used at our law firm. We used to cut-and-paste information when we wanted to create a new document for a client. Between collecting the information from clients and creating the finalized document, the process took anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Now that we have our information set up in Gravity Forms and automatically delivered to WebMerge (via Zapier) the entire process takes less than 5 minutes. And, the mistakes from cutting-and-pasting are completely eliminated. Believe me when I say that clients do not appreciate getting a legal document with someone else's name buried in the 25th paragraph.

Finally, In our situation (and certainly everyone else's situation as well) the cost of WebMerge pales in comparison to the amount of time/money we save creating documents. I simply cannot say enough about how incredible WebMerge is.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about WebMerge!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Gravity Forms + Zapier + WebMerge for incredible document production

Document production time

Errors from cut-and-paste

Eliminates grammatical mistakes

Increases professional look of documents

NO MORE FORMATTING ISSUES WITH MICROSOFT WORD!!!!

What Document Creation solution do you use?

WebMerge review by William G.
William G.

"Want to "

What do you like best?

I’ve got a lot on my plate. As a CEO, salesperson, and marketer I have to find ways to scale my actions without scaling the time I commit to said actions.

Proposal and contract creation are the perfect example. I need to grow my business and proposals/contracts help us get the job done, but I have more important responsibilities to manage.

Instead of applying more time to the problem, I leverage Zapier & Webmerge to automate the proposal/contract process. It helps me stay sane and move faster.

What do you dislike?

With any automation it requires trial and error to get set up things perfectly.

Knowing this going in will help you with with it. If used correctly, WebMerge will make it worth it.

Two Quick Examples:

- WebMerge has decreased our contract creation process by 95%

- WebMerge has decreased our proposal generation process by 40%

In short, WebMerge has freed up a bunch of our sales teams' time, so they can focus on the most important tasks.

WebMerge review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Webmerge product is as amazing as their service is."

What do you like best?

I searched for quite a while trying other SaaS applications that claimed to do what webmerge does. Some were ok, but within a day of my webmerge trial I knew I would be a customer for life.

Webmerge is brilliant, it’s easy to use has multiple file formats that it works with and so far, it has not let me down no matter what challenge I’ve thrown at it.

The support from webmerge is even more amazing than the product, if you stumble they will be there to get you on your feet again and point you in the right direction.

I would recommend webmerge to anyone that has any online merge needs.

What do you dislike?

Webmerge is a little pricy, but when you factor in time saved working with other inferior products and the value of the outstanding customer support, it’s well worth it’s price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. You won’t be disappointed.

Creating custom forms and reports with ease. Its a reinvention of the old MS-Word mail merge but a lot easier.

WebMerge review by Alex Soul S.
Alex Soul S.

"Smashingly outstanding customer service!!!"

What do you like best?

When was the last time you signed up for a service only to realize a bit of a luck in functionality? Pretty common, ye? Well, same here... HOWEVER, I was absolutely blown away how this product was literally modified on-the-fly to accommodate my needs. These guys have added full integration that I needed in just few days, I assume by going through the full agile life cycle - design, develop, test, deploy, release, document. Wow, what a wonderful people work there. Thank you sooooooo much! You are AWESOME guys! I Love You!

What do you dislike?

It took waaaaaay too quick for them to develop and release new feature.... lol ... just kidding. No, absolutely no negatives. Very easy, very simple, support is outstanding and SUPER quick to reply

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it and don't be shy to ask for an integration you cannot find. From my experience those guys take it very seriously and don't just wait for million of feature requests to come through before they implement something. Just ask - it will be given :) Support is outstanding. I trust you will love this product dearly

Signing electronic agreements. We have loads to sign. All our data is in our management tool and we were looking for ways to merge it into documents and send over for signature. Well, we were kind of doing it already with custom made APIs, but whole process was unmanageable when setting up new documents or making changes in existing. Now, with Webmerge + Signable it is just a click of a button, literally.

WebMerge review by Matthew K.
Matthew K.

"A fantastic product offered and maintained by a fantastic team!"

What do you like best?

WebMerge does exactly what it claims to do, what more could anyone ask for!

The flexibility to use variables in an editable PDF and integrate all those variables in the e-mails that are sent out.

The support received from Webmerge. I had support from Jeremy and it was quick, precise and given that I am pretty rubbish with certain elements of IT, his patience and understanding of the product is phenomenal. What a star and what a team!

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. I have not had an issue with any documents being communicated out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

due to the time I required from support, maybe additional videos to support the text guidance for certain elements would be a good idea. I searched youtube for ages looking for a video guide.

We have digitalised our enrolment process for our learners and students. The ability to take a long and complicated online webform and populate it into our mandatory format is a huge benefit. What took teams of people and hours of manual entry and re-entry now takes only 1 person to 'monitor'.

WebMerge review by Lee K.
Lee K.

"Creates dynamic, professional-looking documents, no matter how complex"

What do you like best?

In additon to being able to code up MS Office templates, you also have access to all of the underlying objects and so can create very complicated documents, based on complex business rules, directly from the back end system. The documents that can be created really look great and professional.

What do you dislike?

For some complex things, it helps to understsand the underlying code,, but these are definitely edge cases. There's not much to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If the data is there or can be gathered, there really isn't a document that can't be generated. so it's worth considering the automation of all forms and documents. For the most complex and intricate documents, it might take a bit of coding skill to pull off the template, but you can easily outsource that piece and once the template is in place, you're done.

For one of our clients, we coded up Saleforce to handle an bundled medical billing business. We used WebMerge to allow the company to create and email UBO4 claim forms directly out of Salesforce using the data from the episode. WebMerge was also a great way to create a host of reports that they needed.

Another client was a Media and Events company -- we used WebMerge to create and send their insertion Orders straight out of the opportunity data in Salesforce. (The data was then sent to their accounting system.)

WebMerge review by Melissa M.
Melissa M.

"Very customizable Document Generation"

What do you like best?

I like the built-in document builder that I can use without needing to know much HTML.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to create a map for each document that I make; I would prefer one map for each Salesforce object. The possibility may be there- but if so, I have not found it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am a very new user, so I'd love to review this again in one year! I recommend really weighing the pros and cons and how you will use this service before making the investment.

We were struggling to print bulk letters for mailing and had been using a mixture of spreadsheets and merging. This was not very efficient for our office.

WebMerge review by Syachfri T.
Syachfri T.

"A game changer for small-medium business in document automation and workflow"

What do you like best?

- Ease of use

- quick helpful and knowledgeable support team

- integration support with many systems

- Powerful document logic and validations

- Scalable usage and flexible billing arrangement.

What do you dislike?

Haven't really found one to date. The system is satisfactory to our business growing needs to this date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your business document processing are still involve manually handling from one team to another, you should consider WebMerge as a possible solution to create workflow and automate end to end process.

Transitioning business processes into one that is more digital, intelligent and automated.

Since introduction of WebMerge to our business Late 2017, we have successfully reduce many of our document processing time from approximately 3-5 business days into typically one business day turnover.

WebMerge review by Andrew L.
Andrew L.

"Plays Well With Others"

What do you like best?

The team at WebMerge is really smart to have made sure their system plays well with Zapier. This allows us to transform information collected from survey and form sites (such as Formsite) into great customized proposals, presentations, and more. We even use it to lead our candidates through a process that generates a great standardized resume for them. Plus we FTP the doc to our website so it can be a part of our search tool.

What do you dislike?

The pricing model may not fit us perfectly so it may get a little more expensive as we fully start doing more merges, but still a great value.

Customized proposals and presentations

Standardized resumes

WebMerge review by Rutger L.
Rutger L.

"WebMerge as part of a BPM solution"

What do you like best?

WebMerge just works!

The fact that I can send the e-mails and documents from an e-mail address from our 'own' domain is also very useful.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really.

Maybe the logging or the debugging could go a bit further. (It might be that I have not discovered all features).

For example if a document fails to be sent out it would be nice to see the data that came in, the data that went out... To understand what causes the issue

WebMerge is the last stage in a temporary sales tool that was developed.

Kissflow is used to allow our salesreps to sell a specific product set. Once they submit the form, zapier picks it up and transfers it - when necessary - to WebMerge.

Webmerge fills in order forms, attaches them to an e-mail, fills in fields in those e-mails and sends them to the customers, customers services and fulfillment services.

WebMerge review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Quick and easy to setup, powerful with other apps"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about WebMerge is it's clean and easy interface to merge source documents. You pass data in through your application of choice and WebMerge takes care of generating the PDF and passing it off to the next stage.

I've used other document generation tools but WebMerge with its field structure and quick integration with other apps, like Zapier have made it a staple in our business workflow.

It took me less than an hour to set it up, have documents generated and integrated with the Zapier app.

What do you dislike?

So far, I've used it for 4 months and having found nothing that I dislike about it. I prefer simplicity over complexity, easy of use versus power. And WebMerge provides that need.

I wish it was free but for a service that has greatly automated our workflow, I'll gladly pay for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are plenty of "big cannon" tools out there which will solve every business problem out there, but if you need something that just works and can be implemented in a relatively short amount of time, then give WebMerge a try.

One of the largest expenses we have is creating name badges for all the volunteers who volunteer at our nonprofit. We have to get the list, export it to Excel and create a mail merge. Then print the document, assemble the name badge and ship it to the volunteer location.

WebMerge gets rid of that by providing an on-demand way to deliver a volunteer's custom name badge as an emailed PDF attachment which the volunteer can print on their own, cut out, and bring to the location where we hand them a name badge holder.

It's an elegant solution to a complex logistical problem we've been dealing for years. There's no waste and the volunteer can even ask for a re-printed badge if their name was incorrect. So we save money and time by having everything on-demand and electronic.

I have a Salesforce instance which sends out an outbound message when a required field is hit, Zapier receives it, sends the data to WebMerge which generates the PDF, I then have the PDF stored on a private Google Drive folder with a URL generated which is embedded in a custom email on Campaign Monitor.

WebMerge review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Easier and Faster than Offline MailMerge!"

What do you like best?

For some reason, I could not stand, comprehend nor effectively use MailMerge functions in word processing software, but somehow WebMerge has made it incredibly easy. It took me five minutes to understand and ten minutes to create my first document. WebMerge connects with Zapier, so I was able to connect my new WebMerge document to an online form embedded in my website, so that Meet My Street Cook Book creators can fill out this form and immediately receive an email from WebMerge with their bespoke recipe leaflet attached, all their details filled out and formatted, and ready for printing and posting

What do you dislike?

The cost is not flexible for those of us who are using the software on an amateur / hobby basis. I hope there might be some kind of personal / professional scaling in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is currently aimed at business users but has a lot of personal use potential

I am able to help non-professional community organisers overcome procrastination

I am able to make them feel part of a larger project since their leaflet will have the same formatting as leaflets created by fellow cookbook makers.

I am able to have the volunteers make their own leaflet instead of me having to make one for them

I am able to empower those who do not have word processing or design skills to take part and produce a good looking leaflet in less than five minutes.

WebMerge review by Anne S.
Anne S.

"Webmerge is One of My Favorite Tools"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to create custom data capture forms that populate multiple documents at one time. I also really like the fact that you can allow the user to download the generated files instantly in addition to sending out emails that contain the published documents. It works flawlessly with Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF formats and there's a great deal of flexibility with creating the templates. I also like that the system dynamically detects updates to variables from the document and creates a sample test form that you can use to verify everything publishes the way you are expecting it to.

What do you dislike?

When creating more complex documents, there was a bit of a learning curve to figure out when to use notifications from the Documents vs Data Routing. Creating longer forms can be a bit cumbersome in the Data Capture section.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're considering building something yourself or using a tool, just use Webmerge. It's well worth it.

We use Webmerge for everything from generating quick meeting note templates to creating complex contracts and proposals using conditional logic. We started using it internally a few years ago to help automate a few documents here and there, and now we recommend it to and implement it for our clients for business process automation as part of custom-built software. It just works. It's awesome.

WebMerge review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Solved a huge problem"

What do you like best?

Webmerge integration with Cognito forms, their support and ability to built and tis forms for free before going live - - we had to fit the development in between our real-jobs so it took a while.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it all worked pretty well and their support was great so I don't have any dislikes.

We use Webmerge to simplify filling out an overly complicated sate required agreement that is a 19 page Word Doc. The agreement requires all sorts of user input and often an answer can be derived from other answer and it requires the same info in multiple locations - like most government forms.... Using Cognito Forms and Webmerge works GREAT. Its made it possible for our users to actually complete the document as intended without administrative oversite.

WebMerge review by Lucas B.
Lucas B.

"This is saving me A LOT of time (and money!!)"

What do you like best?

The two best things on WebMerge are, on my opinion:

1) The flexibility - we are using the tool in different areas inside the company, integrated with many others tools and everything works very smoothly.

2) The support - I don´t want to exaggerate, but they have one of the best support teams I´ve ever experienced. You can always count on fast and precise answers.

WebMerge is for sure on the category "tools/products I love" and "things that make my life easier"

What do you dislike?

It s been some months already since I started to use the tool. Until now I could not find anything that I dislike. Maybe I could say something about the price. It is not expensive at all, but no cheap. Considering all the benefits you get with it, it is TOTALLY worth it. Would pay even more without even thinking twice. Specially the first and the last plans are totally ok. You have to consider all the integration possibilities, support, content on their website, conditional delivery, data import, unlimited templates and many many other features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it!

Oh this one is easy to answer. We automated our onboarding process, which means contracts are being automatically filled out. Besides, we are preparing invoices merging a CSV file into a template prepare with help from WebMerge (using Smarty as a resource) and preparing welcome letters based on the answers from JotForm (with help from Zapier as well)

WebMerge review by Jame H.
Jame H.

"It just works ... beautifully."

What do you like best?

I'm not a sophisticated developer, but even I can create a somewhat sophisticated process that accepts a handful of inputs and creates a beautiful document/agreement, sends it to Docusign for eSignature, then saves the completed/executed document to the right SharePoint library.

Yes. I'm quite pleased with myself (and with Webmerge).

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more time to automate more processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have nothing to lose with a quick trial ... but make sure to use a REAL template. You'll see the difference.

With a little investment upfront, you save minutes and hours EVERY time a process is run.

Also, because the process is automated, you don't have to worry if you remembered to include a clause, or if you removed ALL the references to another customer (when recycling an old document for reuse).

WebMerge review by Kevin J.
Kevin J.

"Great tool for generating documents"

What do you like best?

I like how smoothly webmerge integrates with our Business Process Management suite built in Trackvia through the Zapier API. Once you have generated a few documents and learned the system you can have a new one up and running very quickly. Also like how easy it is to upload a new version of a document without having to redo the whole process.

What do you dislike?

The billing is a little inflexible. I don't mind the cost per page, but if you stray over the hard limits you have to pay up to the next tier, which can be very expensive. The plans should include a per-document overage charge.

Eliminating the need to manually fill in documents with data already collected in our sales process.

WebMerge review by Darlene M.
Darlene M.

"A solution to our unique marketing item"

What do you like best?

Functionality of the merge and ease of creating unique templates. The program is user friendly and delivers everything that is promised.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, everything worked as promised and areas that I needed support, I got it. No questions asked!

For years we have tried several programs to design our marketing book for international use. We spent thousands of dollars and it still wasn't functioning the way we wanted or it was too difficulty to make simple edits. With the support of the team at WebMerge, they worked with me night and day to design the template, incorporate all the "desired functions" needed and made positive recommendations for the project.

WebMerge review by Duncan B.
Duncan B.

"Been using for years and it works great"

What do you like best?

The ability to set up data routing to output our forms to multiple documents.

What do you dislike?

We use WebMerge through formstack as a plugin and we have difficulty sometimes getting the signatures we collect to display properly on files that are output through WebMerge. This is a very small problem, but it this function could be a little more user friendly that would go a long way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend this product.

Collecting multiple points of data and spitting those out into various files based on field dependencies. This makes our our lives so much easier by having so much of these processes automated.

WebMerge review by William B.
William B.

"Years of reliable service"

What do you like best?

I've been using WebMerge for many, many years on my website as a way to automatically merge documents for customers. It has been reliable, hassle-free, and the customer service has always been 100% responsive. I would not hesitate to recommend WebMerge to others, particularly because of the features and integrations that it has for such a reasonable price.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I can think of to change.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to merge data from any application or web form into Word documents, this is the #1 product for doing so.

Customers fill out forms on my website, it connects with WebMerge, then emails them a completed document. In seconds!!

WebMerge review by Eric G.
Eric G.

"Simple and Flexible Tool"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to learn the basics of how to merge documents and I appreciate the well written documentation. Support has also been top-notch.

The integrations are also a welcome addition. Anymore, a Zapier integration is a huge selling point for us because of the opportunities it presents.

What do you dislike?

I know it's not a web-to-print product, but more font support would be welcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check out the free plan and you'll get a good idea if this is the tool for you.

We use WebMerge to generate custom PowerPoint presentations for sales staff. Doing it this way allows us to simplify the customization process for the sales staff while also helping us to maintain consistency between presentations.

WebMerge review by Blake D.
Blake D.

"Amazing, purpose-built application for automatically generating pixel perfect documents"

What do you like best?

- Simple integration with other platforms

- Clear, flexible, usable UI

- Extensible logic that can be embedded into merge documents themselves for for loops and conditional logic

- Very fast, personalized and friendly support

What do you dislike?

Very little. WebMerge is an extremely flexible, purpose-built platform that integrates nicely with other solutions in my ecosystem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at Zapier to accompany WebMerge, as it enables a huge domain of integration options.

Sales within our organization has grown dramatically in the past 6 months and the volume of proposal requests that were coming into my services organization was becoming challenging for my staff to handle. Rather than hiring in additional headcount to generate proposals, we used a few technologies (including WebMerge) which enabled the automated generation of budgetary estimate documents. Soon we'll also be producing Statements of Work.

WebMerge review by User in Research
User in Research

"Great product with great technical support"

What do you like best?

It's a really easy to use product. The conditional logic feature elevates it to from a simple copy & replace tool to a an extremely powerful integration tool.

The technical support has been excellent. Any queries I've raised has been handled & resolved within the day. This support has made it very quick to validate the features in WebMerge in order to determine if it would meet the needs of the product we're developing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really.

One small thing would be that once you go to paid mode, that a counter would count down the number of documents merged. I went to paid mode but was still testing the WeMerge document. If I had been more aware that I was using up my quota of paid merged docs I would have change the Settings from Active mode to Test mode for the document.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The testing feature is excellent. This features gives you the ability to test all features in the product before committing to buy the product

I'm working on a MVP & WebMerge is one component in developing the product.

WebMerge has enabled me to populate a PowerPoint template with answers from a on-line questionnaire. The conditional logic feature has enabled converting string answers into one numeric value. This have been essential as it allows the numeric to be displayed in a graph which really improves the readability of the end document.

WebMerge review by Patrick D.
Patrick D.

"Great Service, rather pricey"

What do you like best?

Easy usability, great integration with Zapier, no bugs, File function offers a lot of options for designing the perfect file.

What do you dislike?

I think the price of 200€ for 500 Merges is quite high but since Webmerge is the only one that ioffers this service at a good quality I understand the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need it, do it! There's no better service for this and developing something yourself is a lot more expensive.

We're creating all Contracts and Bills through an easy Slack integration using Pipedrive data. It only takes a second.

WebMerge review by Patti J.
Patti J.

"One-of-a-Kind Software"

What do you like best?

WebMerge works quickly and flawlessly. It has functioned reliably from day one.

What do you dislike?

It would be valuable to have a few more options for selecting criteria to trigger alternate versions of each message, but WebMerge is not behind the curve on this. We have this same problem with most of our tools.

We looked far and wide for a tool that would allow us to attach pdfs to emails and integrate the entire process with InfusionSoft. WebMerge solved our problem.

WebMerge review by Marc S.
Marc S.

"Great Infusionsoft Integration"

What do you like best?

The seamless API connection to Infusionsoft is fantastic. I can send my customer an email with a pdf of a training certificate and have it simultaneously upload to their contact record.

What do you dislike?

I will let you know. So far I cannot come up with anything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get to knwo how the API works along with webhooks.

Webmerge solved one of the biggest challenges we faced when offering webinars. We can send a custom certificate to our students directly after the webinar is over. We do not have to manually merge customer data into a document and then manually send out each and every one an email with the document attached. Webmerge saves us hours of tedious work every month.

WebMerge review by Lisa Borg ★ B.
Lisa Borg ★ B.

"It's just like having a virtual assistant."

What do you like best?

Fully automated, works every time and reduces the chances of user error.

What do you dislike?

A little difficult to set up initially but their support team were fantastic and helped us through the entire implantation process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth taking the time to implement when you compare it to the time saved in creating each document from scratch.

Getting complex contracts signed.

WebMerge review by Julia R.
Julia R.

"Reliable time saver, integrates very well, and has superb customer support"

What do you like best?

Webmerge has been reliable, cost effective, and very useful for us. We received personalized, courteous, and effective customer support during set up - even on weekends. Once we had set up the first of our many merges and documents and tested them, we didn't need customer support again because the app functioned very reliably.

What do you dislike?

There is helpful documentation on the site but I would have appreciated even more detailed instructions during set up since I had not used similar software before. However, the excellence of the customer service made this a manageable weakness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can really streamline your workflow with Webmerge.

During our application season, our admin needs to process a large number of applications in a short period of time. Each application consists of multiple components and uploaded documents. We needed a reliable cost effective means of automatically connecting application components and presenting them in a suitable format for review.

WebMerge review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"WebMerge makes us more efficient!"

What do you like best?

I like that, by integrating through Zapier, I can take responses from a Typeform and dump them into a pre-formatted Word file. We were doing this manually before, and it was very time-consuming. WebMerge has made this a much more time-efficient process!

What do you dislike?

It took me a little bit of time to set up and get my template the way I wanted it, but once I figured it out, it was pretty simple.

We wanted to create a pre-formatted personalized checklist for our clients, based on the input given on a form. By using WebMerge, we could make this a seamless, automated process vs. our former method of doing it all by hand.

WebMerge review by Elizabeth G.
Elizabeth G.

"Very useful product- Integrates very well with infusionsoft and docusign"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use- I can easily take data from other platforms and create word documents and PDFs. I also love that is just downloads to my dropbox.

This has made everything so much easier and efficient in my company.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. I really am happy with infusionsoft.

I have a lot of forms that client fill out on our CRM. This takes all the information and creates word documents I can then send out to other people.

It also took data and created spreadsheets I needed automatically.

It filled a gap with my CRM system.

WebMerge review by Justin T.
Justin T.

"Webmerge removed the need for paper forms"

What do you like best?

- integration with Formstack - one of the main reasons

- easily renamed merged files according to a form field

- quick and helpful customer service (thanks Jeremy Clarke!)

What do you dislike?

- limited email delivery customization options i.e. I can't change the colour of my text (have to edit in HTML in order to do this)

We wanted to move away from paper forms which we would normally scan and then manually rename. We were using Formstack to collect data but I wanted something to quickly turn that data into PDF. On top of that, I wanted attachments submitted in Formstack to be appended to the entire PDF. Webmerge met my above requirements.

WebMerge review by Lisa P.
Lisa P.

"What's webmerge? "

What do you like best?

Having been in the work force over 20 years, I had no idea how easy Webmerge makes my life. And when you look at the way we use to do things, compared to how we do thing now, it is great. A time saver. It makes any novice look like a pro and any small business look like a larger more established company.

What do you dislike?

Hmmmm. Because it does so many things and is so flexible, learning to use it takes some time, creativity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

Solving our reporting problems. It benefits us in that every report we put out constantly looks professional. It eliminates the need for Excel to clean up data before I merge it.

WebMerge review by Rachel V.
Rachel V.

"Great for Scholarship Applications"

What do you like best?

Ease of setup and integration with NinjaForms

What do you dislike?

In order to send 2 different versions of the email with the merged document it counts as 2 actions against account even though it is the same document that is being sent.

THe non profit I manage offers scholarships to students. We are using WebMerge in conjunction with Ninjaforms to collect the scholarship applications. Applicants fill out the ninjaform on our website and submit all necessary documentation. The information is sent to WebMerge and put into a pdf document. A copy is then sent to the student and admin as well as a copy saved on our organization google drive account.

WebMerge review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent Product and Great Support!! Saves us a ton of time and Money$$$"

What do you like best?

WebMerge simply does exactly what it claims to do... efficiently and reliably. We've tried other solutions that we couldn't get to work. WebMerge worked the first time and continues to work every time!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing. The product meets the needs we were looking to satisfy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a straight forward solution to merging data for deployment, I highly recommend exploring WebMerge. After considering many different options, it was the one solution that satisfied our needs.

We use WebMerge to integrate Zoho CRM records with our library of documents. WebMerge provides an efficient way to migrate data fields and send documents to our customers. It also allows us to automate the process of getting documents signed saving us valuable time and money.

WebMerge review by Salman A.
Salman A.

"Reliable service, excellent support, and A+ product"

What do you like best?

WebMerge is the easiest and probably the most reliable service out there. I was most impressed by the personal support provided by Jeremy. Features-wise: Data Routing is priceless. I highly recommend this service to anyone.

What do you dislike?

Webmerge is awesome in that it lets you run unlimited test merges. So it is easy to test without incurring costs. I do not dislike this. I just have to fill the 40 character minimum.

I built a custom contract generation tool for a real estate organization (100+ users). I went through other services but none provided the simplicity to connect and reliability of Webmerge.

WebMerge review by John W.
John W.

"Webmerge for boat bookings "

What do you like best?

Great support and an 'honest' pricing structure.

I love the rules functionality and the fact the pricing is not based on use of rules but on production of documents.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really! It does what we have asked of it and when we struggled webmerge have helped us out very quickly.

We moved to webmerge and rezdy from another system that was self contained but clunky.

Using the new 'combo' system is a pleasure, saves time and is way more flexible.

WebMerge review by Barry P.
Barry P.

"Webmerge rocks!"

What do you like best?

I'm using Quickbooks Online and needed to make some changes to invoices and sales receipts. Quickbooks Online would/could not accommodate the changes. I went looking for a third-part app to accomplish this, and found Webmerge. More importantly, I started working with Jeremy Clarke, Webmerge's support guru.

I had some challenges with creating the formats to make the invoices and sales receipts look exactly how I needed. Jeremy worked with me every step of the way. We accomplished what wasn't doable in QB Online. I signed up for Webmerge's monthly plan.

I've worked with tech support people throughout my career. I've rarely met anyone as responsive, knowledgeable and effective as Jeremy.

I'm glad we found Webmerge and recommend it highly.

What do you dislike?

The option we chose was to build the forms ourselves in Webmerge. This involved some use of HTML. I would not have been able to complete this without Jeremy Clarke's help.

simplifying product lists by modifying invoices and sales receipts. We accomplished this goal using Webmerge.

WebMerge review by Connie W.
Connie W.

"Absolutely satisfied with WebMerge"

What do you like best?

Jeremy definitely knows his stuff inside out. I love to use WebMerge to integrate to my podio system, but worried if it's easy to figure it out myself. Jeremy's the best ! He helped me along the way for all problems very promptly... he really worked until midnight to still try to solve my problem and he did!

What do you dislike?

the matching field part is very tedious and can be improved. :)

I can use podio to integrate with Webmerge to automate any file generation, saved me tons of hours on documentation.

WebMerge review by Administrator

"Simply Awesome and Works Seemlessly"

What do you like best?

It is straight-forward, does what it says it does, easy to set-up and use, and significantly improves efficiency and productivity. I have been using WedMerge for 2 or 3 months and will likely keep on adding more onto it over time. I have already and happily upgraded plans a couple of times. Also, support has been awesome: heard back and requests addressed immediately.

What do you dislike?

Really nothing I can say at this time. Everything is working great.

Documents that are used repeatedly on a daily basis are now delivered to my email with the push of a couple of buttons instead of filling them in one by one everyday.

WebMerge review by Lynn G.
Lynn G.

"Excellent Document Integration Platform That's Has Saved Hours of Time and Improved Document Quality"

What do you like best?

I use Webmerge with Formstack to create word documents from forms created by my team and by clients. I use it for all of my documents and the integrations are amazing. I love that I don't have to manually merge documents with Formstack and I can have professional documents and letters sent out simply from a form. This has improved all my processes and made us more efficient. It has also improved the quality of our work.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything that I dislike at this time.

1. Creating professional documents from online forms.

2. High quality word documents to deliver to clients that are personalized.

3. Streamlining our processes for efficiency and consistency.

WebMerge review by Administrator

"Webmerge saves me time , money and reduces mistakes"

What do you like best?

There's a lot of features , that help you make it a perfect fit for the challenge your facing. Also their helpdesk is quick in responding to any questions you might have. I'm no IT wizard but I was even capable of setting this up.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really dislike anything. I'm living and working in Europe, so there is time difference. Also the free consultation moment at the beginning is really helpful, but I could have used another one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just test it with the trial version first.

Time saving, no typing the same information over and over again

This also results in less hand made mistakes

WebMerge review by Mehdi C.
Mehdi C.

"The zapier integration and the customer services made this tool save my life"

What do you like best?

What a customer service ! Quick and very helpful. With zapier integration, webmerge becomes the tool to automate all my paperwork.

What do you dislike?

The design could be a little better I guess

I've automated a process that took me 2 hours/day

WebMerge review by Matt F.
Matt F.

"Amazing customer support"

What do you like best?

The responsiveness and care of the customer support.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Its a simple system that is priced well.

Automation of document generation in a cost effective manner that doesn't require high level of technical / developer skills.

"Filled the gap we had"

What do you like best?

This software filled a gap between Formstack and Salesforce. It’s precisely what we needed.

What do you dislike?

There’s really nothing I dislike about the system. It’s maybe a little expensive.

Data being collected using Formstack was being handed over to Salesforce without anyone knowing. WebMerge allows us to deliver stylish HTML attachments to the intended recipient’s inbox so it can’t be missed and can be printed as it should look.

WebMerge review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"Great Service, Very Functional"

What do you like best?

I looked everywhere for a service that could easily integrate with other services (zapier) and generate pdfs from templates, given variables. Surprisingly I found no competition to Webmerge.

That being said, Webmerge uses their apparent monopoly on this market very well. I always get excellent customer service and cannot remember a merge failing once. It just works, and its in the background and you never need to worry about it.

When I have had questions about more complex tasks I always received good guidance and direct hands on help.

What do you dislike?

I like to format in CSS and HTML and I think the editor could use some work with supporting some of the newer versions of these languages.

I also would prefer a more cleaned up dashboard with less page reloads to navigate between sections.

A huge bonus would be integrating with google docs and sheets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use microsoft word as templates. It is easier than coding.

I print packing slips, batch sheets, purchase orders and invoices with webmerge. I have plans for implementing a lot more. Webmerge solves countless problems when it comes to reducing paperwork.

WebMerge review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Does what it says and support is great"

What do you like best?

I think the fact that it just works and I couldn't find another solution was this comprehensive - yet simple to use. It's a winner.

What do you dislike?

No real dislikes. I think it just works well. I guess, if it had Google Docs integration it would be perfect in my eyes... and it might, I may have just missed it!

Web form to Zapier to Web Merge (to create a PDF). Can use if/else statements which is very handy.

WebMerge review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"good product, works as intended"

What do you like best?

api functionality with typeform database

What do you dislike?

requires a little more fooling with than a non-techie guy like me likes to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have a clear picture of what exactly you want to merge and what the end product should be. It may take some work but web merge will get you there.

taking answers from an intake form and incorporating into customized responses

WebMerge review by David H.
David H.

"Great unique piece of software"

What do you like best?

The ability to create custom template and hook into Zapier was pretty seamless. I'm not a developer but I picked up the templating language with ease.

What do you dislike?

It's pricy. But it would have cost more for our dev team to rig this up in the short-term.

Auto-generating a .pdf

"Very powerfull tool"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to upload and update the different documents that need to be populated.

The data rooting service is also very convenient.

What do you dislike?

When we copy a document from an existing one, the mapping needs to be redone.

We automatised our client data collection process, with integrated electronic signature.

Very usefull !

WebMerge review by Oz P.
Oz P.

"Easily automate your documents"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and excellent customer service.

What do you dislike?

Haven't encountered anything I dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you'd like to

I am able to automate my document creation, saving me a huge amount of time and allowing me to streamline my client follow-up processes.

WebMerge review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very good platform however out of date payment options"

What do you like best?

WebMerge does the key things we need for the business, it creates and automates paypal (and other) reciepts and sends them to customers. It is very well featured and has an excellent merge and creation facility.

What do you dislike?

The payment plans that WebMerge offer are very expensive and out of date with how businesses grow. You need to make a significant "jump" to get from one level to another (rather than small dollar/small volume incrementals like others, and therefore once you start clipping the limit it becomes more expensive by double rather than simple increments.

Merging reciepts automatically

WebMerge review by Executive Sponsor in Computer Software
Executive Sponsor in Computer Software

"Great Product - top of the competition"

What do you like best?

WebMerge makes it easy to merge data into multiple types of documents and even emails. It is a huge help for our customers to create and deliver invoices and various other summaries in professional documents.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was more flexibility with their volume based pricing. It is a detractor for many people we work with.

It is an Add-on feature for our customers to create customized documents.

WebMerge review by Henny Z.
Henny Z.

"Webmerge gives full control over dynamic Word templates"

What do you like best?

What i like about Webmerge is de ease of use in creating data flows to Word templates. It helps us in creating custom Word templates that are filled with data from a Lotus Notes environment.

What do you dislike?

Nothing was missing for our needs so far.

We are able to create a Word document that is emailed to a client, with data from our online projectreportingenvironment.

WebMerge review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Excellent software"

What do you like best?

Everything - it’s powerful and does everything i need

What do you dislike?

Need it to automatically update

CRM with signed contract

Automation of documents

WebMerge review by Agency
Agency

"Good product with outstanding customer service."

What do you like best?

WebMerge creates beautiful documents with few steps. It helped us automate the services. Jeremy and team were very helpful.

What do you dislike?

nothing in particular. If you are not in the US then you may have to wait for team's reply due to the timezones.

It allows easy implementation of pdf conversion.

WebMerge review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Quick and convenient"

What do you like best?

Freeware but NOT deluged with adverts when opened

What do you dislike?

What's not to like ? - no dislikes found

Recommendations to others considering the product

Quick and convenient - what more could you want

Split large PDF to send to recipient with limited capacity

Learning about WebMerge?

* We monitor all WebMerge reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.