Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to malware protection.

Work for Webroot Endpoint Protection?

Learning about Webroot?

Webroot Endpoint Protection Reviews

Ask Webroot a Question
Showing 83 Webroot reviews
Webroot review by <span>Gareth B.</span>
Gareth B.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Webroot's robust reporting engine makes the difference

What do you like best?

In summary; using Webroot to secure the endpoints has resulted in a significant reduction in the amount of time attending to problems which frees engineers to devote more time to raising awareness with users.

In a little more detail; I find the top feature is the the reporting console which identifies PCs (Apple & Microsoft), virtual machines and servers and can be grouped by WAN IP or LAN IP, name & AD which simplifies management.

What do you dislike?

The industry's approach to antivirus hasn't really changed that much in a long time, securing the endpoint is still important and can't be overlooked but the endpoint should be really be the last line of defence.

In case you're wondering I think the connection to the Internet, from the ISP could be improved. In the UK there is a rush to reduce the cost and thus this isn't a focus.

It's interesting to see many IT service organisations bringing a broader security offer based on their collaboration & partnership with different vendors and I see this continuing to grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Roll out a trial and determine the potential value of the reporting console

There is a notable difference in the performance of Webroot's SecureAnywhere product compared to many other apparently similar products that say they offer the same and are often bundled with the PCs, however I have also seen an increase in user awareness to the extent that technicians are now routinely asked to 'remove the bloatware and install Microsoft security updates and Webroot'

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webroot Endpoint Protection
Webroot review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.
Invitation from a vendor or affiliate

Webroot - Complete Business Protection

What do you like best?

Multiple Products - SecureAnywhere, DNS, Security Awareness Training. Three products that work together to not only protect the network, but inform the End-Users on how to better their security practices. We had started with just the SecureAnywhere protection but with the focus on Security, DNS and Awareness Training are becoming more valuable to us in protecting clients networks.

What do you dislike?

The DNS Agent is still in its initial rollout so it does not yet have the advanced features that some other DNS providers may have, but there is a lot of potential. Logs could be improved to find out exactly what is going on. If there is an issue, normally you have to submit the logs to the vendor. Our techs are savvy and would benefit from seeing and reading what's going on in the background. Support could be improved - perhaps a chat on the website to review tickets and ask some questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review and set your policies before rollout. Workstations, Terminal, Servers, Admin Agents. Make sure you setup Alerts so that you know if there is an issue that you need to address.

We are running Webroot on all of our managed endpoints. We have seen a drastic reduction in the number of Malware tickets that we have had to address. When we have, most of the time, its on agents that did not have WR as didn't manage those particular agents.

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

Webroot review by <span>Brandon S.</span>
Brandon S.

Excellent AV alternative

What do you like best?

It is does not take up much resources on the end client machine even when running scans. It auto-runs a scan and attempts to remove the threat as soon as it detects it. After using it for more than 2 years, it has not failed to quarantine or remove a threat. The admin interface is easy to use and implement different policies. Webroot does an excellent job of explaining different features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot remove completely any endpoints from the admin interface in which you have deactivated the endpoint (uninstalled Webroot). I wish you could have an automated report on which it sends you an email as to how many endpoints are behind on updates after a certain period of time.

We are using Webroot as our business' AV protection solution. It is very nice to have a solution that reports to a central interface in which you can see what threats were discovered and which endpoints are out of date with Webroot's definitions. We did not have that level of visibility in our environment before.

Webroot review by <span>Racey C.</span>
Racey C.

Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection

What do you like best?

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find a con when you get, in our experience, perfect track record results from a relatively inexpensive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. I have basically no complaints about this solution.

No viruses! Keeping our endpoints free of any form of infection for nearly five years is pretty amazing.

Webroot review by <span>Patrick R.</span>
Patrick R.

New way of doing AntiVirus

What do you like best?

It seems to "just work" and doesn't get in the way. I have used a number of antivirus solutions in the past and they all seem to make my computer run slowly. With WebRoot, I forget it's even installed, except when it does its job, blocking malware and viruses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems to be a bit too aggressive. The extension for the Chrome browser has blocked access to sites I know are legitimate. However, our admin was able to submit a ticket and access was restored within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. It seems reliable and seems to flag more malware than Symantec did. It also seems to be less demanding on my computer.

Webroot has prevented me from accessing several sites, files, and emails containing malware.

Webroot review by <span>Ricky T.</span>
Ricky T.

Inexpensive and relatively maintenance-free

What do you like best?

I like that, as the IT guy, it just works. I don't ever have to go to a person's computer to check the software, update it or see that it's running. I get all the information I need from the console. I haven't had to deal with cleaning up a virus except for maybe one time one person got an annoying browser plugin that would redirect all web traffic to one URL. I had to manually remove it, but it wasn't a too malicious. I like that I can set certain permissions on users so that they can get better control over the software, and disable when they really need to. There are just some users who can be trusted and some who can't, so this software allows me to do that in a really granular way.

What do you dislike?

Fixing a small issue, such as a single blocked program, is like pulling teeth. Everything is so over-complicated. Support is nice, but it seems like sometimes their system is so complex and convoluted, even they don't know how to explain how it works. I also REALLY hate their second level of authentication, where it asks you to provide X and X letter of your special passcode. I literally NEVER remember what that passcode is, so I have to reset my passcode EVERY TIME I log in. I wish they'd just implement 2 factor auth utilizing SMS or email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, but this is a great product! Plus they are right here in the USA!

Fewer viruses

Learn more about Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection Videos

Webroot Endpoint Protection Downloads

Learning about Webroot Endpoint Protection?

* We monitor all Webroot Endpoint Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.