Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection

4.7

Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to malware protection.

Work for Webroot Endpoint Protection?

Learning about Webroot?

Webroot Endpoint Protection Reviews

Ask Webroot a Question
Webroot review by Brad G.
Brad G.

"Go to choice for performance"

What do you like best?

Once we migrated away from our in-house server product to Webroot's cloud service I feel like management and maintenance is light years from where we used to be.

The ease of install is notable. It only takes seconds. And the performance of the computer isn't degraded the same way as other products we've used. Webroot even runs alongside those other solutions if you want to leave them installed ... but I wouldn't simply because of the performance boost you'll get by un-installing them.

What do you dislike?

We have about 100 Macs which are running Webroot. The management side of Webroot isn't as robust when running on a Mac, but It's not really an issue... just an FYI.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webroot is a breeze to install. Getting used to the management interface takes a little time, but nothing at all out of the ordinary.

Our old security product wasn't catching malware nearly as well as what we needed, and sometimes it would stop communicating back to the server. So the IT staff was spending time every week tracking down a user or two and working to get the security software working again.

We have only had to do that once since we moved to Webroot.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webroot Endpoint Protection
Showing 111 Webroot reviews
Webroot review by Morgan H.
Morgan H.

"Next Generation Anti-Virus"

What do you like best?

What do I like best about webroot?

What isn't there to like.

A bit of backstory behind this, I used to use Avast Anti-virus for our business and supported businesses. It made the machine slower, like many other signiture based anti-viruses like snoreton and mccafe. Webroot speeds every aspect up, installation only takes a couple of seconds. Scanning can take upto 5 mins at most on a modern machine. The UI is simple to use and easy to guide yourself around. Does not take up much hard drive space as all the signitures are online (from what I read). The DNS protection really works and blocks site that haven't been whitelisted yet to protect you.

What do you dislike?

The UI has an old design and it works best when connected online. Other than a design nitpick and something that doesn't really matter since most people are connected online now, webroot is a great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, you have no reason not too. Think of it this way, with older anti-viruses you are driving a car from the 1990's to the 2000's, works and has fancy useless addins, like a cup holder with foil on it or something. Then switching to webroot is like driving a fancy new sports cars, has nessacery bells and whistles and just works brilliantly, smooth drive and all.

Stopping users from accessing dodgy websites and links, its great to see a page blocked screen when a user does click on the link. Able to scan their machines regularly, with other anti-virus programs, it took almost most of the working day (well like 2 - 3 hours) for our customers to complete the scan while they were working, while webroot scans complete in under 10 mins (at max). It's really lightweight and does not impact performance at all, from what we have seen.

Webroot review by Teri M.
Teri M.

"Excellent Protection"

What do you like best?

Webroot Endpoint protection is easy to install and easy to manage. The agent is light, and users do not experience the lag that competitors endpoint software can cause. The reseller and end user support is also phenomenal. It also does an excellent job at catching threats and cleaning up after a virus is deployed.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I do not like about this product. Webroot outperforms all other software we have used int he past

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product based on our experience using it in several of our client's sites.

Our clients are much happier with webroot than their previous endpoint solution. They like that there is no reduction in their computer's performance. I especially like the feature that rolls back your computer to the point before an attack hits. It has saved our clients hundreds of dollars time and time again.

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

Webroot review by Charlie B.
Charlie B.

"Webroot the shining star!"

What do you like best?

Webroot is so easy to use the console is simple yet contains so much info! Installation is simple and could perform maintenance with my eyes closed.

Good alert system and brilliant scanning system.

Do not have to worry about getting help from the team as they are all lovely and respond rapidly!

What do you dislike?

I'll be honest there isn't really anything I dislike. If I have to think of something of the top of my head I would say that creating separate customer GSM's is a pain!

We have helped to keep machines safe and active. A lot of our customers are not IT literate so they are very prone to "obtaining" viruses.

Webroot is fantastic as the threat database is updated constantly we have been able to fight the latest threats including the WannaCry virus which many fell victim too.

Webroot review by James S.
James S.

"Enhancing Security in multiple work environments "

What do you like best?

Webroot endpoint protection secures user workstations and devices not just in the local environments but also online with built-in browser scanning. No need for bulky AV software installs on each device. Simple Manageability using the online secure console and sites. Provide reports on the go along with it's advanced cleaning and secure features. Agent install is quick to deploy.

What do you dislike?

There is minimal dislike or distaste about this product as there is multiple OS support across Windows and Mac. Only dislike would how the licensing reporting and structure that is collected by Webroot licensing to measure monthly licensing counts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the switch!

Webroot aids in further secure internet browsing utilizing it's addins for chrome, firefox, etc. browsers. It deters users from visiting malicious sites. It prevents performance slowness like other AV products and allows for swift scanning.

Webroot review by Gareth B.
Gareth B.

"Webroot's robust reporting engine makes the difference"

What do you like best?

In summary; using Webroot to secure the endpoints has resulted in a significant reduction in the amount of time attending to problems which frees engineers to devote more time to raising awareness with users.

In a little more detail; I find the top feature is the the reporting console which identifies PCs (Apple & Microsoft), virtual machines and servers and can be grouped by WAN IP or LAN IP, name & AD which simplifies management.

What do you dislike?

The industry's approach to antivirus hasn't really changed that much in a long time, securing the endpoint is still important and can't be overlooked but the endpoint should be really be the last line of defence.

In case you're wondering I think the connection to the Internet, from the ISP could be improved. In the UK there is a rush to reduce the cost and thus this isn't a focus.

It's interesting to see many IT service organisations bringing a broader security offer based on their collaboration & partnership with different vendors and I see this continuing to grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Roll out a trial and determine the potential value of the reporting console

There is a notable difference in the performance of Webroot's SecureAnywhere product compared to many other apparently similar products that say they offer the same and are often bundled with the PCs, however I have also seen an increase in user awareness to the extent that technicians are now routinely asked to 'remove the bloatware and install Microsoft security updates and Webroot'

Webroot review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Webroot - Complete Business Protection"

What do you like best?

Multiple Products - SecureAnywhere, DNS, Security Awareness Training. Three products that work together to not only protect the network, but inform the End-Users on how to better their security practices. We had started with just the SecureAnywhere protection but with the focus on Security, DNS and Awareness Training are becoming more valuable to us in protecting clients networks.

What do you dislike?

The DNS Agent is still in its initial rollout so it does not yet have the advanced features that some other DNS providers may have, but there is a lot of potential. Logs could be improved to find out exactly what is going on. If there is an issue, normally you have to submit the logs to the vendor. Our techs are savvy and would benefit from seeing and reading what's going on in the background. Support could be improved - perhaps a chat on the website to review tickets and ask some questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review and set your policies before rollout. Workstations, Terminal, Servers, Admin Agents. Make sure you setup Alerts so that you know if there is an issue that you need to address.

We are running Webroot on all of our managed endpoints. We have seen a drastic reduction in the number of Malware tickets that we have had to address. When we have, most of the time, its on agents that did not have WR as didn't manage those particular agents.

Webroot review by Sterling W.
Sterling W.

"Great Product - Light Weight and Effective"

What do you like best?

Very lightweight. Detection and remediation work great. The web console is easy to navigate and utilize.

What do you dislike?

Reporting needs improvement. Malware detection could use a little work as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. They offer an evaluation and it is a great product. Look for the best practices and apply those to your profiles.

I typically test several security suites yearly. I would install them on various test benches and occasionally on client computers for real-world tests. Webroot has always been a top performer in my tests. Webroot is very lightweight. It does a great job on scans and detection. The console for managing webroot is clearly laid out and easy to navigate. We manage numerous clients ranging from several computers to hundreds. Installing, configuring, and managing has never been an issue.

Webroot review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"Excellent AV alternative"

What do you like best?

It is does not take up much resources on the end client machine even when running scans. It auto-runs a scan and attempts to remove the threat as soon as it detects it. After using it for more than 2 years, it has not failed to quarantine or remove a threat. The admin interface is easy to use and implement different policies. Webroot does an excellent job of explaining different features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot remove completely any endpoints from the admin interface in which you have deactivated the endpoint (uninstalled Webroot). I wish you could have an automated report on which it sends you an email as to how many endpoints are behind on updates after a certain period of time.

We are using Webroot as our business' AV protection solution. It is very nice to have a solution that reports to a central interface in which you can see what threats were discovered and which endpoints are out of date with Webroot's definitions. We did not have that level of visibility in our environment before.

Webroot review by Ramy E.
Ramy E.

"Best Protection software"

What do you like best?

Doesn't take long time to be installed

doesn't take large space on HD.

Communicate with the server and commands run from admin console received in short time.

Simple to be used by admin and end user

What do you dislike?

I have to deactivate the computer from admin console but can't remove it.

I have to open a tic with the support to remove it for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

GO for it for sure, the specifications and price and better than all.

We are an MSP company which is offering cyber security services.

It allowed us to keep our customers protected more than we ever did before.

Number of customers complaining about viruses or that the software is using a lot of memory not as before

Webroot review by Racey C.
Racey C.

"Easy deployment, minimal footprint, and excellent protection"

What do you like best?

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find a con when you get, in our experience, perfect track record results from a relatively inexpensive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. I have basically no complaints about this solution.

No viruses! Keeping our endpoints free of any form of infection for nearly five years is pretty amazing.

Webroot review by Sean T.
Sean T.

"Best Antivirus I've used"

What do you like best?

The tool is very intuitive and has a lot of customization. The default settings work great but has some great ways to tweak to exact needs.

What do you dislike?

The web interface could be a little more intuitive as to where to find different settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend giving webroot a try and see how fast it really runs even on older computers. There are many features such as web protection that other antiviruses require a different program and/or additional subscription.

We had a major issue with another product blocking web traffic that was perfectly safe such as go to meeting. There was no way to whitelist the sites. Webroot gave us that ability and is much lighter on the systems than expected.

Webroot review by Patrick R.
Patrick R.

"New way of doing AntiVirus"

What do you like best?

It seems to "just work" and doesn't get in the way. I have used a number of antivirus solutions in the past and they all seem to make my computer run slowly. With WebRoot, I forget it's even installed, except when it does its job, blocking malware and viruses.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems to be a bit too aggressive. The extension for the Chrome browser has blocked access to sites I know are legitimate. However, our admin was able to submit a ticket and access was restored within a few hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it out. It seems reliable and seems to flag more malware than Symantec did. It also seems to be less demanding on my computer.

Webroot has prevented me from accessing several sites, files, and emails containing malware.

Webroot review by John H.
John H.

"Light, Effective and Manageble"

What do you like best?

Product is the lightest in the industry with very fast scan times. The console management system has just about every option you could need.

What do you dislike?

Would prefer a slightly larger limit to the number of sites to manage under a single console. They have a soft limit of 1000 and being a very large MSP, we have long surpassed that. But Webroot was very accommodating in providing us other consoles to expand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try and contact their sales and support for more info.

We have found a centralized place to easily manage all of our clients when before we didn't have proper insight into what was going on on and endpoint.

Webroot review by Luca C.
Luca C.

"Webroot Secure ANYWHERE"

What do you like best?

We started to use and develop Webroot to our customer less than 1 year ago. We are moving them expecially from Trend Micro (enterprise client) or Kaspersky/Norton (for small organisation). We have almost finished this switch off. Plenty of satisfaction, easily way to deploy the agents and monitoring all the "bad" activities of the end users. . . That's make us really happy because we are now able to be pro-active in front of our customers . I want also to spend few word about the support / help desk : fantastic , reactive and professional. Next step will be to start with the DNS protection

What do you dislike?

To be honest sometimes we have some difficulties in understanding how to updated the software exception (false positive) and a lot of time with some dedicate software , especially in the healty business, we till need to have the assistant of the support team

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Easily way to deploy, expecially thanks to the Group Policy. Customers are happy because the agent is really light but expecially we love it beacuse it is an MSP oriented solution .

Webroot review by Russ S.
Russ S.

"Webroot keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The product is innovative and being developed and expanded. I also really like that there is now a brightgauge integration with the Webroot API which allows me to efficiently monitor the solution.

What do you dislike?

There have been some technical issues, which no one enjoys, but probably less than other products I have used in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As with anything in IT, you need to do your own testing and make sure a product works for what you need and the way you deliver products. For other MSPs, the setup is friendly enough and offers a high value and low footprint. Don't expect your implementation to be totally problem free, but you should definitely consider webroot if you are switching to a new product.

Offering a value adding solution to our customers at a lower price than we were paying for endpoint security in the past with less support tickets and more actual security.

Webroot review by Ricky T.
Ricky T.

"Inexpensive and relatively maintenance-free"

What do you like best?

I like that, as the IT guy, it just works. I don't ever have to go to a person's computer to check the software, update it or see that it's running. I get all the information I need from the console. I haven't had to deal with cleaning up a virus except for maybe one time one person got an annoying browser plugin that would redirect all web traffic to one URL. I had to manually remove it, but it wasn't a too malicious. I like that I can set certain permissions on users so that they can get better control over the software, and disable when they really need to. There are just some users who can be trusted and some who can't, so this software allows me to do that in a really granular way.

What do you dislike?

Fixing a small issue, such as a single blocked program, is like pulling teeth. Everything is so over-complicated. Support is nice, but it seems like sometimes their system is so complex and convoluted, even they don't know how to explain how it works. I also REALLY hate their second level of authentication, where it asks you to provide X and X letter of your special passcode. I literally NEVER remember what that passcode is, so I have to reset my passcode EVERY TIME I log in. I wish they'd just implement 2 factor auth utilizing SMS or email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, but this is a great product! Plus they are right here in the USA!

Fewer viruses

Webroot review by Corey W.
Corey W.

"Solid Product"

What do you like best?

I love the cloud-based, single-pane-of-glass management. When my laptops disappear all over the world for weeks at a time, I still see them, and know that they're being updated and protected.

I also like the lightweight, easy-to-install endpoint client. It's SO easy to automate the installation, and have it pushed out by GPO, then it keeps itself up to date automatically.

What do you dislike?

The management console is sometimes slow. Not too bad, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only recommendation is to get a trial, then buy it. Activates quickly and easily, works like a champ, and the cost is reasonable, to say the least.

Consistent and visible antivirus, antimalware, and firewall across all devices regardless of where they are. Headquarters, data center, branch offices, home use, on the road -- doesn't matter. If it has an internet connection (and why would the user have it if it didn't?), I can see it, report on it, be alerted of issues, and know that it's protected.

Webroot review by Uzair S.
Uzair S.

"The Best Virus Protection in the Market"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy is to use Webroot, you can install it and manage all the devices in your infrastructure through the console. It is technically the best virus protection and hassle free.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, i hope they don't mess anything in the future updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and you will be amazed after few weeks that how simple easy and robust webroot is to protect your network environment.

The biggest threat we were experiencing was ransomware emails coming through and in early 2015 we got hit with it. Smart enough we reacted proactively and stopped it by not allow it to spread through the whole network only a couple of PC's were infected. After that I gave a trial to webroot and in less than 3 weeks bought 125 licenses then again increased to 175 licenses including mobile devices. Since then we have been protected from all sorts of ransomware variants which are being circulated in the wild.

Webroot review by Zane B. C.
Zane B. C.

"Webroot - Great Protection - Light on the System, Stops all Threats."

What do you like best?

Webroot protects our systems and doesn't slow down our computers. A lot of other web security systems do not work well with all programs. We have not had that issue with Webroot. We appreciate the product support and availability of their staff. We have not had any issues with the protection Webroot provides. It covers all of our endpoints, mobile and other. Their system seems to work well with all other programs we use in our office. We hope they continue to upgrade and improve their program and keep it working well. Their systems seems to work with Microsoft, Apple, and Android systems.

What do you dislike?

The Webroot portal is a bit confusing and hard to learn. It is not the easiest to use or learn. Once you are familar with the portal, it isn't horrible, but definately needs some work. Also, the mobile security always requires the user to click on the app in order to update it. They need to work a lot more on the mobile app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Goo d product that just works.

Mobile, Computer, Internet security. The Webroot ecosystem works well and is very good for enterprise use. If you are a novice or an experience IT professional, the Webroot can solve all of your issues. At least I do not have to look at any commercials touting how, where, and why they are so good at what they do.

Webroot review by Stathis B.
Stathis B.

"Powerful AV Software"

What do you like best?

Webroot is a simple and lightweight product that is yet very powerful and effective in dealing with threats. Very easy to manage and with constant updates keeps up with user feedback and changes in the industry.

What do you dislike?

The web control panel is in the process of a redesign and as it stands right now it is a bit confusing. However, knowing how Webroot has dealt with change in the past it will soon be better than ever.

Ease of management, low resource utilization and low costs are very compelling attributes for any business, add to that the top tier protection and your AV and security problems are solved.

Webroot review by Travis H.
Travis H.

"Best Cloud Based Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

The client it self is so small and uses so little system resources that my users cannot tell when its running a scan. The deployment is fast and easy. The web console is easy to use and has some great tools to mitigate issues

What do you dislike?

The ordering process needs to be cleanup, and the login to the web console needs to be a little easier to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is great for a cloud based model, it protects well and gives very little false positives.

The best part that we have found is that when the software is scanning daily it has little to no impact on the users computer.

Webroot review by J R.
J R.

"Decent End-point security"

What do you like best?

The management interface is very user-friendly and it is simple to deploy the software through GPO or startup scripts. The software is light and does not interfere with user activities. The restrictions and application settings are extremely customization and the group management makes it easy to compartmentalize regular systems from servers.

What do you dislike?

The system uses an environment that constantly delivers system information to cloud servers when real-time protection detects an unknown application. This is not good for development environments nor for highly secured facilities that audit in and out-bound traffic. This would require us to disable the real-time monitor on most of our systems. Disabling an integral feature to the software renders it useless and not worth the money we are paying for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that users look into how their data is handled. It is important to be aware of any information that is being collected behind the scenes. Webroot was not exactly forthcoming about the fact that they collect system data and share it with the cloud.

The primary goal was to utilize Webroot as the primary AV application across our enterprise, however, with the discovery of the previously mentioned information we could not leverage the software as a viable solution for the entire company. We ended up selecting Trend Micro as an on-premises solution since it does not collect or broadcast any system data.

Webroot review by Jaymes A.
Jaymes A.

"Great Product, Reliable and Very Cost Effective"

What do you like best?

The UI is very intuitive. Easy to manage many endpoints at once and very easy to deploy.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to be able to scan individual files or folders, instead of doing a complete system scan. I also wish there was a way to get alerted when systems are out of date on the version. I currently have to manually run that report, there's no way to automate that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it! Plain and simple.

Webroot has been instrumental in making sure our endpoints are protected against cybersecurity threats, and to have that same system not take up major resources on our PCs is huge.

Webroot review by Max A.
Max A.

"Webroot - comprehensive end point protection"

What do you like best?

Webroot is comprehensive end point protection. Being web based it does not require any internal infrastructure to implement and is great for a mobile workforce. Webroot provides the ability to control every aspect of the end user experience from totally locked down to totally managed. Documentation and support is excellent as well.

What do you dislike?

Not much. My only complaint is that due to the extensive nature of the configuration options it is often challenging to identify the particular element you need to accomplish what you want.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works. It is comprehensive. It is well supported

Protecting clients from virus and malware.

Webroot review by Steve V.
Steve V.

"Webroot Endpoint Protection Review"

What do you like best?

If you are looking for a lightweight and effective endpoint protection then you are looking for Webroot!

Quick scans, always up to date and easy to install.

What do you dislike?

I wish it provided more info on infections it did detect. It gives a very basic overview and I'd prefer to know more about what I'm up against.

Over-ride by path was not added initially but is available now; so there was some time were a little bit of excessive override creation was required to bypass known-good proprietary apps. This has since been resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Centrally managed, makes it easy to install and manage

We manage to keep all our endpoint virus free and always ensuring the virus definitions are up to date.

Webroot review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Webroot Rocks!"

What do you like best?

Simple to install. Easy to use. Effective.

What do you dislike?

Deployment, and confirmation of commands sent could be a bit better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. Do not let the lack of lab tests throw you. Lab tests do not work with Webroot because the way it detects threats is completely different from the ways others use.

Already saved a client that was using a competitor that did not prevent a malware attack on their network. Installed Webroot, and it instantly started removing the threats from machines.

Webroot review by Neil C.
Neil C.

"Amazing Malware and Virus Protection"

What do you like best?

Easy to administer and add licenses as required. Very effective against ransomware and other malware, very few false positives. Has effectively saved us from infection many times.

What do you dislike?

Effectively adding exceptions for false positives can be tricky. Support is available to help

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent, one of the best i have seen. Actually works and stops threats before they effect your systems. Community is great and shares excellent information in their blogs.

Protection against malware and randsomware. Ever changing threats are handled in their cloud based signiture database.

Webroot review by Administrator in Accounting
Administrator in Accounting

"Best Antivirus on the market"

What do you like best?

I have to just pick one thing? That is a tossup between super performance / fast scans, lighting fast install, small footprint, and best in class protection against latest attacks. I cannot say enough good things about this product. Great for small, medium, large business, as well as home users. This is truly a one size fits all very well solution...best in class solution.

What do you dislike?

Honestly....there is nothing to dislike...I have never been a super fan of any antivirus....but this is the best product I have seen in my career to date in regards to AV. It is rare when there is no downside to a product. Are there things they could improve? Sure....we all can and most products can improve...this product is already great and has only gotten better with time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it. Their approach to threat detection is next gen. I believe this product has the best mix of performance, protection, light weight, ease of use, easy to administrate, easy to monitor....it is just an all around top notch product.

It provides another layer of security on our endpoints.

Webroot review by Matt W.
Matt W.

"Lightweight yet feature rich"

What do you like best?

Super lean on system resources without compromising security, quick to deploy and you can install in parallel with an existing solution for a real-world test of the product.

What do you dislike?

OSX support has always lagged by the Windows client, however, this has been largely addressed now. I'd like to see more persistence when sending commands from the console to offline Endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The ease of use of Sophos with heuristic detection and cloud-based security. I find the admin console much more intuitive also.

Low-cost enterprise-style security that is not reliant on the user to operate correctly.

Webroot review by Shaun R.
Shaun R.

"Webroot Antivirus for the Ages"

What do you like best?

Cloud Based Platform that does not require an Administration Server.

What do you dislike?

Only scans the C: drive unless you perform a custom scan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it, especially as the world of businesses is moving towards the remote workers.

Webroot only needs internet access in order to run, with a great online Management portal that makes it extremely easy to setup and manage.

We use Webroot as our default Antivirus software, especially handy for clients with remote users as Webroot does not have to poll a server just needs access to the internet.

Webroot review by Terry S.
Terry S.

"Webroot protects my Servers"

What do you like best?

Webroot removed infections other software couldn't remove, got us out of a tight spot with a problem that could have damaged the server

What do you dislike?

On my terminal servers, I have to turn it off and run scans manually after hours, they tell me a fix is in the works but sounds like it's been an issue for a long time

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great supplement to my traditional protection, we use a multi software approach to our protection at this time as we navigate the threats coming at us

Keeping my servers safe and client data protected. Allowing easy deployment to other servers, we only use this product on our servers

Webroot review by Alex F.
Alex F.

"Great Endpoint Protection for SMB"

What do you like best?

I think the most standout aspect for me was the KPI dashboard. They are very clean and easy to read and provide us with everything we are wanting to see as soon as you log into the portal.

What do you dislike?

We have had some issues with deployment of the agents where support told us the only fix was to roll-back to the previous version. While this may be a quick fix it can be difficult to do in an MSP atmosphere.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to do your due-diligence and check out other vendors. This product may be the perfect one you are looking for but there are other comparable vendors out there that provide a little more functionality .

Most obviously we are solving the basics of a security solution by providing endpoint protection from external and internal threats.

Webroot review by Heather G.
Heather G.

"Great protection"

What do you like best?

The security that Webroot Endpoint Protection has provided has been nothing but amazing. They have surpassed all other systems that we have previously used. Love how you can't even tell that it is running in the background. Doesn't impact productivity at all.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes for this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a product that is easy to use, easy to implement, easy to monitor and doesn't effect productivity, this is it.

It has freed up time with the seamless installation. Also the fact that it is antivirus and antimalware allows me to monitor just one product instead of two.

Webroot review by Michael D.
Michael D.

"Webroot Endpoint Protection"

What do you like best?

This Product is very easy to setup and get going. I haven't used this in a large environment yet but with our small environments it works very well. Once I had everyone imported and the software installed it started working. Before I took over as a site admin they did not have any type of web filtering in place. We were constantly receiving calls about viruses and other malware that our Antivirus suite did not pickup. Since the calls have been cut down by at least 90%

What do you dislike?

One of the things I dislike about this suite is having to install the Proxy client on each of our devices. Because we have so many different sites it was easier to go this route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is definitely a product to be considered. It is also great for those users that do quite a bit of traveling with business laptops. Even though they are traveling they are still protected.

Before I took over as a site admin they did not have any type of web filtering in place. We were constantly receiving calls about viruses and other malware that our Antivirus suite did not pickup. One of the biggest benefits of this product is the cut in down time for the users. Less viruses and Malware from website and also users are more productive because they are restricted to sites only needed for business.

Webroot review by Geoffrey G.
Geoffrey G.

"If you want to be safe, WEBROOT is the solution!"

What do you like best?

I work designing and building websites with our own host so we need real protection with PC's and Mac in the studio. Personally I like Everything, easy to use, friendly interface, really fast and lightweight. I've been using webroot for 2 years in a row, and no complains at all. And is really really secure. // Trabajamos con diseño y construccion de paginas web en el estudio y necesitamos que todas las maquinas este seguras. Personalmente Me gusta TODO. Es facil de usar, interface amigable, rapido y ligero. Y es muy seguro.

What do you dislike?

Price for renewal options. Its not possible we pay full for renew. Old customers should have special discount at renewal times. // El precio por la renovacion, no es posible que debas pagar completo por renovar. Los clientes viejos o con opcion de renovacion deberian tener un descuento especial al momento de renovar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When you try webroot you won't want to change it for another security software, it's very secure and you never notice you have that software installed in your PC or Mac. It does not bother you at all. // cuando pruebes webroot no vas a querer cambiarte a otro software o antivirus. Es muy seguro y nunca de tas cuenta que esta instalado en tu ordenador, no molesta en lo absoluto.

Simple. No more spyware, no more phishing attacks and with unsafe websites webroot alerts you before do something. // Simple. ]no mas spyware, no mas ataques de identidad y con las paginas web que no son seguras webroot te alerta a tiempo antes de que hagas algo.

Webroot review by Jeremy S.
Jeremy S.

"Webroot above the rest"

What do you like best?

Webroot has the smallest installer seen with excellent cloud based protection and management. Pricing is very competitive.

Deployment was simple and silent, and takes seconds with the small installer.

What do you dislike?

Some add-on features such as DNS protection and security awareness training have some challenges, and are overpriced in my opinion.

Updating the endpoints rely on a check-in implementation, which can be very slow. This can be very frustrating when endpoints require immediate attention.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trials.

Antivirus for clients that can be centrally managed. Offering cloud-based management was highly preferred, and Webroot fits perfectly.

Webroot review by Dave L.
Dave L.

"Amazed!"

What do you like best?

Having run Sophos and panda (and using mcafee/Symantec for personal use) I thought the "hype" around webroot,, especially given the extremely small footprint was far fetched. Having now deployed throughout our organisation and using at home I am a complete convert. Install is amazingly quick, footprint small and scan times take minutes. The console gives very useful MI and it's been easy to create different policies for different business departments.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far.............Having experienced issues with other products I keep anticipating something with webroot but so far nothing.......

Recommendations to others considering the product

I didn't believe the hype and you might be sceptical too - so try it! I guarantee you'll be impressed/amazed!

Since installing webroot we have had no incidents or infections that have got through. Machines are a lot slicjker with webroot installed and users no longer have to wait hours for a scan to complete.

Webroot review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Set it and forget it"

What do you like best?

Easy interface, solid protection, no annoying popups.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes a little over zealous on protection, but that's better than the opposite side!

Recommendations to others considering the product

JUST DO IT!

WebRoot EndPoint Protection has mostly eliminated the "My computer has a virus" calls to my helpdesk. It allows me to focus on bigger tasks at hand, and not get bogged down by constantly trying to keep PCs clean and track AV licensing.

Webroot review by Kevin K.
Kevin K.

"Simple, Powerful, Organized"

What do you like best?

Very powerful backend with BrightCloud monitoring BigData & using that information for your protection. Yet implementation & day-to-day tasks are simple & rarely needed.

What do you dislike?

Windows is integrating a more secure AV into the OS, so AV may go the way of the firewall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a simple yet powerful security solution with an awesome console, this is the product to use.

Webroot Global Site Manager is a great panel to view & monitor all of your endpoints. No need to wait for user issues, you will know as they happen.

Webroot review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Webroot deployment"

What do you like best?

Does not slow down performance when running high intensity software (like data analysis), low hard drive space requirement, auto-update, live threat detection. It worked so well at work that I purchased it for m y home computers too.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This is the best anti-virus software I have used.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webroot is an excellent anti-virus software. The reduced cpu use and interference with web-based applications has been great. The cost and license structure for our company is preferred. I highly recommend Webroot to anyone looking into anti-virus software.

Protect email and web use, especially with many more web-based software solutions. We deal with patient confidential data and need to make sure we are not exposed to ransomware or key tracking malware.

Webroot review by Darren M.
Darren M.

"SImple to manage with powerful protection"

What do you like best?

The online management interface is easy and logically set out. It is also very light weight on the client devices.

What do you dislike?

A few missing functions like being able to delete profiles or computers from management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a simple and quick lightweight solution Webroot could be worth a look, pricing is reasonable and support is good. The only issue I have found is with Microsoft keyboards which can cause constant reboots but there is a patch released but I found this patch unreliable. Other than that the solution has been flawless.

Simplified management and low device resource usage

Webroot review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Amazing security software"

What do you like best?

I like that the software is very small in size and does not impact performance on my computer.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to manage the quarantine a little more from the GSM or from the GUI without having to set the endpoint to an un-manged policy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The cloud security and next-gen is great. I love the centralized management of the product and the quick detection of services.

Webroot has allowed us to provide greater control over our security solution and manage many clients from one point.

Webroot review by Sherman S.
Sherman S.

"Great Protection"

What do you like best?

As owner I want and require excellent protection of my systems--Mac and PC. I have found the protection I need with Webroot Endpoint Protection software.

What do you dislike?

The software could be a bit more user-friendly. I've had some problems understanding the concepts and procedures.

With all the malware floating around the internet these days, and the wide extent of web-searching I do I need protection to a high level. I found Webroot fulfills that demanding objective.

Webroot review by Gawain S.
Gawain S.

"Webroot is fast, small, stable, reliable, manages well, rarely conflicts."

What do you like best?

I like how I can depend on it to stop threats.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll love Webroot. It rarely interferes, it's always on, it's nearly bomb-proof.

We have used it to remove and prevent threats such as bitcoin miners.

Webroot review by Phil E.
Phil E.

"Fast efficient protection, working in the background without slowing you down."

What do you like best?

Speed of installation and lack of ponderous updates.

What do you dislike?

Currently (sept 18) deployment console is confusing and has bits bolted in (DNS + policies)rather than a top down design.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is great to solve the problems traditional anti-virus has, i.e. slow to update, slow to scan, always out of date.

So lightweight you don't notice its there, but catches problems just as well.

Works well alongside windows defender so you get 2 different approaches without slowdown.

Scanning everyday when before was too slow and crippled machines.

Webroot review by Administrator

"Webroot is the best !"

What do you like best?

One of the best things about webroot is how small it is, and how little resources it takes up on local machine. Not to mention how fast it scans compared to others.

What do you dislike?

There is very little I personally dislike about webroot, as I am struggling to think of one here but maybe some easier controls on the local machine / easier to navigate around. It is fairly simple as it is but I am used to it.

Few years ago before we got webroot, we didn't have a way to centrally manage it all, no idea what machine had antivirus turned on/off etc. I can help remote users do everything, that is what put webroot over the top for us.

Webroot review by Julie S.
Julie S.

"Nice anti-virus product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, self-explanatory. Nice scanning capabilities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind. Other than I know that it is not possible to catch all viruses but this has missed a few.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product works great. It has a great scanning feature.

Virus protection, malware, etc... in today's world security of data is key.

Webroot review by Ariel B.
Ariel B.

"small footprint, highly secure anti-virus"

What do you like best?

This product is relatively easy to deploy and has a very small footprint

What do you dislike?

For this product to be a true enterprise app I would like to see AD integration. I also think the reporting could be better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find Webroot EP to be a solid AV system. I would like AD integration as an option but short of that I think it's a worthy contender.

enterprise class anti-virus protection

Webroot review by Les and Des K.
Les and Des K.

"MSP recommends Webroot"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I get notified anytime Webroot picks up a virus from one of my clients.

What do you dislike?

I'm not sure that there is anything that I dislike about Webroot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it... You'll like it!

Our company offers virus scanning and cleaning as part of our maintenance package. Since installing Webroot on all of our client's computers, the time that we spend in cleaning viruses has decreased markedly.

Webroot review by Nilay P.
Nilay P.

"Choice of Engineers"

What do you like best?

Webroot take away infections different software package could not remove, got USA out of a good spot with a tangle that would have broken the server

What do you dislike?

nothing so far that I dont like about this product

keep server and client data protected. blocking malicious websites

Learn more about Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection Videos

Webroot Endpoint Protection Downloads

Learning about Webroot Endpoint Protection?

* We monitor all Webroot Endpoint Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.