Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot SecureAnywhere Business Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to malware protection.

Work for Webroot Endpoint Protection?

Learning about Webroot?

Webroot Endpoint Protection Reviews

Ask Webroot a Question
Webroot review by <span>Corey W.</span>
Corey W.

Solid Product

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I love the cloud-based, single-pane-of-glass management. When my laptops disappear all over the world for weeks at a time, I still see them, and know that they're being updated and protected.

I also like the lightweight, easy-to-install endpoint client. It's SO easy to automate the installation, and have it pushed out by GPO, then it keeps itself up to date automatically.

What do you dislike?

The management console is sometimes slow. Not too bad, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My only recommendation is to get a trial, then buy it. Activates quickly and easily, works like a champ, and the cost is reasonable, to say the least.

Consistent and visible antivirus, antimalware, and firewall across all devices regardless of where they are. Headquarters, data center, branch offices, home use, on the road -- doesn't matter. If it has an internet connection (and why would the user have it if it didn't?), I can see it, report on it, be alerted of issues, and know that it's protected.

Showing 75 Webroot reviews
Webroot review by <span>Gareth B.</span>
Gareth B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

In summary; using Webroot to secure the endpoints has resulted in a significant reduction in the amount of time attending to problems which frees engineers to devote more time to raising awareness with users.

In a little more detail; I find the top feature is the the reporting console which identifies PCs (Apple & Microsoft), virtual machines and servers and can be grouped by WAN IP or LAN IP, name & AD which simplifies management.

What do you dislike?

The industry's approach to antivirus hasn't really changed that much in a long time, securing the endpoint is still important and can't be overlooked but the endpoint should be really be the last line of defence.

In case you're wondering I think the connection to the Internet, from the ISP could be improved. In the UK there is a rush to reduce the cost and thus this isn't a focus.

It's interesting to see many IT service organisations bringing a broader security offer based on their collaboration & partnership with different vendors and I see this continuing to grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Roll out a trial and determine the potential value of the reporting console

There is a notable difference in the performance of Webroot's SecureAnywhere product compared to many other apparently similar products that say they offer the same and are often bundled with the PCs, however I have also seen an increase in user awareness to the extent that technicians are now routinely asked to 'remove the bloatware and install Microsoft security updates and Webroot'

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webroot Endpoint Protection
Webroot review by <span>Christopher C.</span>
Christopher C.

Webroot - Complete Business Protection

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Multiple Products - SecureAnywhere, DNS, Security Awareness Training. Three products that work together to not only protect the network, but inform the End-Users on how to better their security practices. We had started with just the SecureAnywhere protection but with the focus on Security, DNS and Awareness Training are becoming more valuable to us in protecting clients networks.

What do you dislike?

The DNS Agent is still in its initial rollout so it does not yet have the advanced features that some other DNS providers may have, but there is a lot of potential. Logs could be improved to find out exactly what is going on. If there is an issue, normally you have to submit the logs to the vendor. Our techs are savvy and would benefit from seeing and reading what's going on in the background. Support could be improved - perhaps a chat on the website to review tickets and ask some questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Review and set your policies before rollout. Workstations, Terminal, Servers, Admin Agents. Make sure you setup Alerts so that you know if there is an issue that you need to address.

We are running Webroot on all of our managed endpoints. We have seen a drastic reduction in the number of Malware tickets that we have had to address. When we have, most of the time, its on agents that did not have WR as didn't manage those particular agents.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solution do you use?

Webroot review by <span>Brandon S.</span>
Brandon S.

Excellent AV alternative

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It is does not take up much resources on the end client machine even when running scans. It auto-runs a scan and attempts to remove the threat as soon as it detects it. After using it for more than 2 years, it has not failed to quarantine or remove a threat. The admin interface is easy to use and implement different policies. Webroot does an excellent job of explaining different features.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that you cannot remove completely any endpoints from the admin interface in which you have deactivated the endpoint (uninstalled Webroot). I wish you could have an automated report on which it sends you an email as to how many endpoints are behind on updates after a certain period of time.

We are using Webroot as our business' AV protection solution. It is very nice to have a solution that reports to a central interface in which you can see what threats were discovered and which endpoints are out of date with Webroot's definitions. We did not have that level of visibility in our environment before.

Webroot review by <span>Racey C.</span>
Racey C.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Webroot is literally "fire and forget". I deployed Webroot to more than 100 endpoints by myself. The process was quick and easy, and now I do two things: enjoy not dealing with infected machines and renew my subscription each year. I do layer this with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, but since I deployed Webroot in my environment I have a not had a single infected endpoint in the more than three years we've had the solution in place. As in zero. As in nada, zip, zilch.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find a con when you get, in our experience, perfect track record results from a relatively inexpensive product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. I have basically no complaints about this solution.

No viruses! Keeping our endpoints free of any form of infection for nearly five years is pretty amazing.

Webroot review by <span>Ricky T.</span>
Ricky T.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like that, as the IT guy, it just works. I don't ever have to go to a person's computer to check the software, update it or see that it's running. I get all the information I need from the console. I haven't had to deal with cleaning up a virus except for maybe one time one person got an annoying browser plugin that would redirect all web traffic to one URL. I had to manually remove it, but it wasn't a too malicious. I like that I can set certain permissions on users so that they can get better control over the software, and disable when they really need to. There are just some users who can be trusted and some who can't, so this software allows me to do that in a really granular way.

What do you dislike?

Fixing a small issue, such as a single blocked program, is like pulling teeth. Everything is so over-complicated. Support is nice, but it seems like sometimes their system is so complex and convoluted, even they don't know how to explain how it works. I also REALLY hate their second level of authentication, where it asks you to provide X and X letter of your special passcode. I literally NEVER remember what that passcode is, so I have to reset my passcode EVERY TIME I log in. I wish they'd just implement 2 factor auth utilizing SMS or email.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, but this is a great product! Plus they are right here in the USA!

Fewer viruses

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Response from Josh Petraglia of Webroot

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Ricky!

In regards to getting files whitelisted, you can always contact our Team by phone or submit a support ticket. Cases are resolved in normally a matter of a few minutes.

We recommend writing down this information for your convenience in the future.

Business Technical Support:

Digital Care Coordinator

Webroot review by <span>Uzair S.</span>
Uzair S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy is to use Webroot, you can install it and manage all the devices in your infrastructure through the console. It is technically the best virus protection and hassle free.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at the moment, i hope they don't mess anything in the future updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try and you will be amazed after few weeks that how simple easy and robust webroot is to protect your network environment.

The biggest threat we were experiencing was ransomware emails coming through and in early 2015 we got hit with it. Smart enough we reacted proactively and stopped it by not allow it to spread through the whole network only a couple of PC's were infected. After that I gave a trial to webroot and in less than 3 weeks bought 125 licenses then again increased to 175 licenses including mobile devices. Since then we have been protected from all sorts of ransomware variants which are being circulated in the wild.

Learn more about Webroot Endpoint Protection

Webroot Endpoint Protection Videos

Learning about Webroot Endpoint Protection?

* We monitor all Webroot Endpoint Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.