Here is a little background of the product: this product allows you to send fake emails to your supported users and if they click on the dodgy link/macro/file, they will get redirected to a training video of your choice (but keep it related). Now, the best part about this training programme is how easy it is to send out these fake emails, a quick 5 minutes to choose what will be included in the email and where the link in the email will go to. It's easy and very evil for some of the choices, there are some templates which make you laugh like a villian when you read through it. Experienced users can still get caught out by these emails, much more so when the emails are directed towards programs they use frequently, for example; if your users use dropbox, microsoft office or gmail. You get reports when your users have clicked on the link, so its pretty good to find out who might need more training or a potential visit.
This is a good product by Webroot. However with all good products, there are downsides. Recently, when trying send out a security training email with a fake link, when we clicked on the link to test where it would be going; chrome, firefox and (to an extent) edge blocked the website for us. At first I thought, "hey, thats good of google" then I realised the problem that these websites that webroot are using are being blocked by the browsers and this causes problems with the training, the user's wont get trained because the broswer has blocked the websites. Webroot should be aware of these changes.
Navigation of the Security Awareness Training page is missing functionality, there are boxes which give you information of how many targets (users) you have and how many campaigns have been launched.
You can't click them to view the information, instead you have to navigate through different menu's to get there. This is more of a quality of life implementation that should of been there from the start.
Adding new targets (users) to the overall company target list is an obsolete pain, you only have one choice, to import a list with all your new targets details. Say, if you needed to add multiple people, sure this method works nicely and is easy to do. But if you wanted to add one or two new people, you need to download a new file and add one or two lines in and then reupload, when a simple add button with the fields on, done through the website would be more efficient and wouldn't annoy techs.
And that's the things I dislike with this programme, maybe the points I listed are small and petty points, but they are what can turn people away from using a product. Even through these bad points I still recommend this product.
The benefits we have realised, would be that we can test who in the business is liable to click on a link which could cost the company, in money and lost data. In catching these users out they can watch the informational video and realised they shouldn't rush into the email and click the link. This has increased the security of the businesses' we monitor, as when we call the users to follow up on their link click they know that it was not a good idea to do so and we are able to educate them further.