Webroot DNS Protection

Webroot DNS Protection

3.5

Webroot SecureAnywhere DNS Protection offers a quick, straightforward, and highly effective way to secure the DNS protocol connection against compromise. With advanced reporting and 82 URL categories, admins gain greater visibility than ever, reduce risk, and can tailor usage policies to their organization's unique needs.

Work for Webroot DNS Protection?

Learning about Webroot DNS Protection?

Webroot DNS Protection Reviews

Ask Webroot DNS Protection a Question
Showing 17 Webroot DNS Protection reviews
Webroot DNS Protection review by Rian B.
Rian B.

"A Critical Addition to Antivirus Software"

What do you like best?

* Webroot DNS Protection is reasonably easy to implement as it's Centrally managed.

* It works seamlessly with Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection.

* It provides Protection on both a Device and Network Level if configured correctly. The reason why I like this is that you can have a base DNS Network Protection Policy in place that protects your whole network, but then you can create additional custom and more restricted policies for Groups or individual PC's by using their DNSP agent. This works great in a business environment with different requirements for various Departments.

* I provides Simple Policy Based Group Assignment to devices, or can be applied individually.

* The DNS Policies provide default Suggested Categories for protection, but it also has a large number of additional categories that can be configured for greater and tighter security.

* It provides reporting on Blocked Domains and Categories.

* It has a Whitelisting feature that one can use to allow certain websites through, if the URL is part of a Category that is being blocked. For example, if you block Social Networking, but only want to allow Facebook, then this can be done easily.

* It makes use of Webroot's BrightCloud Threat Intelligence which uses Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning to grow it's database and improve accuracy and protection. BrightCloud also has a website (https://www.brightcloud.com/tools/url-ip-lookup.php) where one can submit the URL of a website for review in case you feel it has not being categorised correctly. From experience I've found them to be reasonably quick to respond, usually within 24hours after they have reviewed it and have made changes, if they agree with your change request.

What do you dislike?

* There's an unnecessary long delay before policies kicks into effect. I am however aware that Webroot is working on reducing this delay.

* Network Level Protection only works with a Static Public IP. For most business this is fine, but for a home business, this is not ideal if your ISP does not provide you with a Static IP. In this case you can simply just use the DNSP agent on each PC.

* No DNSP agent available for Mobile devices as yet, but they can be protected at a network level if you have a Static Public IP from your ISP.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you haven't given this a try as yet, I'd highly recommend you do. It does have a trial version, so it's definitely worth trying. Don't be put off by any initial issues or bugs, push through, as it is definitely worth using.

* Protects the whole Network at a higher level, meaning it blocks unwanted and malicious activity before it even enters your network.

* It's a great tool tool in a business environment to help employees stay focus on what they should be doing, when it's configured to block things like Social Networking, Video and Audio streaming websites, peer-to-peer sites and off course, adult and other inappropriate websites.

* It provides one with a great sense of security that you know that there's an additional layer of protection apart from your existing Antivirus and Anti-Malware software.

* Being centrally managed, makes it easy to maintain and monitor.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Webroot DNS Protection
Webroot DNS Protection review by Thomas N.
Thomas N.

"Effective DNS protection for our customers "

What do you like best?

The ability to block a wide range categorized sites based on what you want users to have access to. Allows us to easily protect our users from scams, phishing and malware as well as sites users should not be accessing on work time such as social media and shopping. The ability to completely block uncategorized sites gives a wall of first line defense against potential dodgy sites. Being able to block user access to the console prevents the common method of users turning off programs to access blocked sites.

What do you dislike?

The web interface can be confusing and hard to navigate especially when navigating with multiple clients its easy to get lost or stuck on a clients dashboard

Recommendations to others considering the product

The DNS protection is a worthwhile investment to prevent a potentially costly infection on your network.

Protecting our clients from users who unknowingly click on dodgy links in emails as the DNS protection often stops them getting to the site before they can get infected with a lot more effective results than built in DNS protection from browsers such as Chrome

What Cloud Security solution do you use?

Webroot DNS Protection review by Morgan H.
Morgan H.

"A great way of protecting techs and customers alike from Phisihing and Questionable websites"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Webroot's DNS protection, is when I get a call from a customer that is asking why a link they followed from an email is blocked, I ask them to forward it over and the link is flagged as uncatergorised, it lead to a phishing site for "microsoft". Its great to stop tinkerers and troublemakers for getting past the security, set up by technicians and downloading something from a website of questionable nature, whether it is lewd content or some content from a torrent website, Webroot DNS can block these users from getting to these websites and breaking company policy. The DNS protection also has protected against users from clicking on; dodgy websites for downloading "drivers", websites that pretends to be a legitimate purchasing site, harmful trojan sites, illegal and/or harmful information websites (like hatespeech or radical websites).

What do you dislike?

There's not much to hate about this product, but there are a couple of things that could cause annoyance. Problems can arrise when a customer calls up to say their company's website has been blocked or a suppliers website they have been using for years, this can be rectified quite easily by adding it to the whitelist, but it can be an annoyance as there might be tons of websites to enter into the whitelist (a minor grievance for a lazy tech). The default DNS policies are not great for mass deployment or for a quick set up for a small business client before we talk to them and set them up a personalised policy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is easy to sell and to install, it's a no brainer.

We are solving the problem of users clicking on links that they should not be following, which can lead to a major infection on their network and preventing further infections and possible fraud attempts that can happen online.

"Webroot all the way"

What do you like best?

I like best that it is an easy download, and it monitors itself. It's not hard to use. I love webroot and use my webroot pen, and tell everyone I can about it. After the kaspersky scare, I didn't know where to go or who to turn too, however, using webroot endpoint and webroot DNS is very simple and I highly reccomend it.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the interface is a lot to view. I think that it could be improved. I like the software, and I like downloading it and using it, however, I think when you have to go into the portal and view settings the interface is hard to operate. There are tooo many tabs, and bells and whistles, and it can be hard to find what you are looking for. As cool as the 2 step authentication is, it's annoying to have to remember your password AND your passcode.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! If you are thinking about it, go for it. It's amazing! Give it a try. I highly reccomend

With webroot DNS, I am keeping my clients safe. I think that I realized how superior of a product in use than any other product that I've tried in the past. The best benefit is that the product is easy to maintain, update, and provides a great service!

Webroot DNS Protection review by John H.
John H.

"Great additional layer to compliment their already amazing endpoint protection"

What do you like best?

The best part is that it's very transparent with very little hand holding. You more or less set your policies, maybe a few exceptions/overrides, and you're done.

What do you dislike?

They need to hurry up and bring back the DHCP functionality to the GSM for this. The agent on the Windows machines is fine, but most users (even small businesses), don't have static IP's.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely get a hold of your rep @ Webroot and discuss getting a trial of this product/service to try for yourself.

It'll provide protection against malicious sites, unknown or uncategorized sites and it's also very easy to set policies for HR requirements in a business.

Webroot DNS Protection review by Sterling W.
Sterling W.

"Maturing into a great product"

What do you like best?

The solutions was easily deployed. Installed on roughly 20 to 30 laptops within minutes. If changes are needed to be made, I login to the console and select what I am wanting to block or allow and apply.

What do you dislike?

The reporting needs improvement. I'd like an executive summary that I could provide to show the benefits of having the DNS protection.

We use Webroot DNS Protection on our mobile clients to prevent home use browsing habits. We have not had any problems since deploying the DNS protection.

Webroot DNS Protection review by Matteo R.
Matteo R.

"The most effective solution for safe surfing"

What do you like best?

Simplicity in configuration, good report to share with costumers

It can be implemented in 5 minute

Support is very good

What do you dislike?

Some domain category is not really correct, but you can change with an online form

Recommendations to others considering the product

The best cloud db with domain categorization (BrithCloud).

Usually notebook that are off the main network are tipically not protected... now with Webroot DNS Protection also CEO notebook is protected

Webroot DNS Protection review by Administrator

"Straightforward interface with simple and intuitive menus"

What do you like best?

The Webroot console is pretty comprehensive, as it includes just about any information you'll need to use at a quick glance. There is some drilling down involved if you want more detail, but again, it's pretty simple to point and click.

What do you dislike?

The initial setup (if you're using the Webroot management console) can be a little confusing; for me, I had to download the endpoint via the console, and it didn't report to the console right away and I couldn't figure out why at first. Eventually, it was corrected and I moved forward.

Simply put, I am applying Webroot DNS towards my overall company security solution.

Webroot DNS Protection review by Dan P.
Dan P.

"Great Product and Simple to use"

What do you like best?

* Easy Install on Clients & Servers

* Great fro Small businesses under 20 people

* Easy to manage remotely

* Good Antivirus - gets the job done

What do you dislike?

Pricing for partners and customers that already use Webroot Anti Virus.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cleanly designed interface, Offers more features along with anti virus, light weight, helped us a great deal with vulnerability scanning.

Definitely needed to help train and teach users how to look for phising or malicious emails.

Webroot DNS Protection review by Mat K.
Mat K.

"If you're looking for DNS protection, Webroot gets it done"

What do you like best?

We like the granular category controls and automatic protection from new sites/threats.

What do you dislike?

The reporting functionality of GMS is sparse.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you use Webroot Secure Anywhere and need DNS protection or content filtering, this is a no brainer.

We use Webroot DNS for protection from zero-day web and phishing threats as well as content filtering.

"Webroot Security"

What do you like best?

It protects our servers from malware and needing to do a whole lot of IT work

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I support this and I appreciate all the support given by webroot

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its simple and easy to use. I am excited to be able to come to work everyday and use a great product like this. I am not worried about doing my job with this service here. I can be efficient and secure at the same time.

We are able to take care of firewalls and it

Webroot DNS Protection review by Administrator

"Easy and it works"

What do you like best?

I like that it is simple and worry free. Automatically scans and cathes any "threats."

What do you dislike?

Every once in a while it missing something until I manually run a scan.

Keeps my computer and our employees computers secure.

Webroot DNS Protection review by User in Investment Banking
User in Investment Banking

"Simple to Use; Good Product"

What do you like best?

Installation is easy; product is easy to use and consistent; works well as an antivirus; better scope of protection. With Webroot I know that my computer is secure and I am less concerned about the websites to which we navigate.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to complain about Webroot thus far. It is an effective solution for web protection.

Reasonably priced computer protection from viruses, etc.

Webroot DNS Protection review by User

"Use the program to protect my computer at work"

What do you like best?

Automatic scan and the fact that it is always on as an icon in the lower right corner of my desktop.

What do you dislike?

I like everything about the program. It might be nice if I got a periodic message that my computer is safely protected.

Virus protection of work computer

Webroot DNS Protection review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Annoying scans that never end"

What do you like best?

It constantly monitors your computer and shows threats that are harmful.

What do you dislike?

It runs constantly and always searches over and over even when you quit the program it still reboots and slows down programs on your computer.

I had to uninstall it because it slowed everything down.

Webroot DNS Protection review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"Good service. "

What do you like best?

Use webroot keeps me secure and gives me piece of mind. Easy to integrate

What do you dislike?

Can use more app support. Would like to review on mobile.

Secures web and guest WiFi

Webroot DNS Protection review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Unmatched DNS"

What do you like best?

Webroot DNS is unmatched for protection jb the DNS space

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about Webroot DNS

Keeping critical data and information systems safe

Learn more about Webroot DNS Protection

Webroot DNS Protection Videos

Learning about Webroot DNS Protection?

* We monitor all Webroot DNS Protection reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.