Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

WebStorm

(321 reviews)

WebStorm is a lightweight yet powerful IDE, perfectly equipped for complex client-side development and server-side development with Node.js.

Work for WebStorm?

Learning about WebStorm?

WebStorm Reviews

Showing 328 WebStorm reviews
WebStorm review by Nathan R.
Nathan R.

"WebStorm is a great asset for developing large-scale web applications"

What do you like best?

WebStorm includes a ton of time-saving features, but I'd save live templates are on of my favorites. I can easily create custom code snippets with variables to be filled in whenever I use the snippet, which saves a ton on keystrokes. For example, I have a template to create a new API method where I provide the filename, add the snippet, and press tab a few times. All of the boilerplate code gets added, the function name is generated from the file name, and I can focus on just writing the application logic.

Another of my favorite features is the Git Rebase functionality. WebStorm makes rebasing a breeze; once you start the rebase process it prompts you when there are conflicts, allowing you to merge them using the stellar built-in 3-way merge tool (which includes syntax highlighting and ESlint support) then automatically proceeds with the rebase once all conflicts are resolved.

Other great features include the TypeScript and Vue support, as well as built-in integration with 3rd party tools such as ESlint, TSlint, and Prettier.

What do you dislike?

Most of my nitpicks are pretty minor. For example, while WebStorm supports both CSS modules in css and scss file and Vue single-file components, it doesn't support CSS modules inside Vue SFC <style> tags.

Also, WebStorm can get pretty memory heavy in large projects, sometimes going over 2GB of RAM usage per open project.

Another long-standing annoyance for me is that on Windows pressing CTRL+C in Webstorm's built-in terminal doesn't always terminate applications.

We use WebStorm as our primary IDE for developing web applications and have used it on numerous projects. The full-project TypeScript integration alone has saved us countless hours and prevented numerous defects. All of the features combine to provide us with a top-notch tool for software development.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WebStorm
WebStorm review by Hardik R.
Hardik R.

"WebStorm"

What do you like best?

1. Local File history is like blessings for me in many times. :)

2. Code Debugging is very smooth.

3. Best part is auto correct options if write wrong syntax it gives you hint that you should use this instead of.

4. integrated Version control system saves my lot of time to resolve conflicts and side by side difference system.

5. Customisable theme options is very cool and I can work in low light as well.

What do you dislike?

- Sometimes auto formatter creates big problem in my case and it's not free although you can have trail version for month but price is little bit high.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are n number of tools for the development but for the front end development I believe this is the best. You can have only one tool which gives extension to version control to local file history and local server as well. It has huge community and there are many plugins readily available to use with webstrom.

- It is very easy to adapt for any user. It reduces my development time compare to other IDE. There are n numbers of tool for web development but this one is best among all.

What Integrated Development Environment (IDE) solution do you use?

WebStorm review by Mukul C.
Mukul C.

"Best IDE for frontend development"

What do you like best?

1. all shortcuts ctrl+alt+L and all your code is formatted.

2. Material UI, helps me work longer

3. AutoComplete shows me what I can use and what I can't.

4. Version Control helps me properly manage my files and add/commit them after checking proper difference and making it easier for me, making sure only right stuff gets uploaded.

5. Debugging is very easy on webstorm. Even when you are not using debugger and you write something wrong, it shows you right away that you have written something wrong.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, Auto formatting sometimes makes the file very long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool, and all level users can use it without a second thought. I started using it a year ago and it was adaptable from day 1, but it so features rich that sometimes I discover new features even today.

I am using it for my website development using vue.js

It's terrific for rapid development, debugging and it shows you right there when you are writing something wrong. Very beneficial.

Yarn auto detects the package.json changes and auto installs the missing packages.

Overall you can just do rapid development with it.

WebStorm review by Aroa C.
Aroa C.

"WebStorm es una bestia a la hora de programar."

What do you like best?

Me encanta la auto-completar inteligente, viene con casi todos los lenguajes pre configurados, la consola dentro de la IDE es esencial, así como el soporte con la mayoría de los frameworks utilizados actualmente. La interfaz de usuario es muy personalizable y tiene un gran número de temas para mejorar la apariencia física.

What do you dislike?

A veces puede sentirse un poco limitado con respecto a la personalización o implementación de características personalizadas, especialmente si está acostumbrado a trabajar con IDEs de código abierto.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este programa es excelente, es altamente recomendable, se recomienda la compra de este software. Incluso ofrecen una licencia gratuita para estudiantes de 1 año o una prueba de 30 días, por lo que mejor probar y ver lo maravillosa que es esta herramienta.

Soy programador y es mi herramienta diaria de programación. Me ahorra mucho tiempo y esfuerzo gracias al auto-completado que tiene incorporado, como en todos de la serie Storm

WebStorm review by jose luis M.
jose luis M.

"El mejor Editor"

What do you like best?

Hace tiempo que utilizo los productos de la serie "Storm" para poder decir que son muy estables y constantemente actualizados, puedo hacer el mejor uso de ellos para construir lo que imagino. No puedo prescindir de él. Antes de encontrarme con estos productos, no tenía un IDE favorito para usar en lugar de otro. Ahora, sin embargo, cuando tengo que usar una PC que no es la mía, ¡instalo inmediatamente WebStorm! El mejor!

What do you dislike?

En el párrafo anterior dije los aspectos positivos del software, ahora en cambio discuto los lados negativos. Tuve cuando empecé a usarlo algunos problemas con la instalación de plugins, tal vez incluso para mostrar php además de html, css y JavaScript. A pesar de esto, encontré la solución a mis problemas haciendo un poco de investigación en Internet. Encontré un guía y todo salió bien.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este programa es excelente, es altamente recomendable y mi empresa está adoptando las medidas para la adquisición de este software e instalarlo en todas las estaciones de trabajo. Aquellos de nosotros que hemos utilizado este software estamos realmente satisfechos, el único punto en contra es el precio, pero vale la pena hacer la inversión.

Lo utilizo siempre que hay necesidad en comparación con los competidores es muy fluido y en la salida es instantánea. Muy rápido en cualquier asunto.

WebStorm review by Erick D.
Erick D.

"Powerful Editor without Overhead"

What do you like best?

It comes with practically every tool necessary to start a project or work directly on an existing one. It also comes with awesome integrations for different kinds of development flows.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to say here. The only problem I might have at times is a slow boot time, but once its up and running, everything is seamless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Instead of buying IntellIJ, get Webstorm and cut out all the overhead IntellIJ gives you and quite a few extra tools for Web Dev for a powerful and seamless flow.

The principal problem it solves is the sometimes painful development process for big projects. It's our primary tool for developing some of the bigger projects we manage. It solves the "one size fits all" problem for us. It helps the developers here avoid wasting any time getting the development tools necessary for the projects set up which means more time to work on and finding a solution to actual problems.

It's also available for every platform we currently use (Windows, Mac, Linux), so we prevent having any problems on the development side of the projects, since we assure everyone is using and looking at the same project. Developers have no problem with using it because you can basically style it however you want, use any linter, and even integrate it with something like VIM (for VIM users).

WebStorm review by Enio G.
Enio G.

"The best editor for worry-free programming"

What do you like best?

I love intelligent autocomplete, it comes with almost all pre-configured languages, the console within the ide is essential as well as the support with most of the frameworks currently used. The user interface is very customizable and has a large number of themes to improve the physical appearance.

What do you dislike?

This application does not have notable contras, the only thing I could say is that the initial load is a bit slow, the price is high although it has a trial version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is excellent, it is highly recommended and my company is adopting the measures for the acquisition of this software and install it in all workstations. Those of us who have used this software are really satisfied, the only point against is the price but it is worth making the investment.

I am a programmer and it is my daily tool for programming. It saves me a lot of time and effort for the autocomplete that it has incorporated.

WebStorm review by Maksym R.
Maksym R.

"WebStorm pros and cons"

What do you like best?

Fast IDE where are integrated all necessary tools such as GIT, Terminal, linting, debugging. Tool is well designed and comfortable for work. Here is great integration with GIT what allows you to avoid all other programs. You can easely manage you git project, see the graphs and all commits, change history and do everythins you need with user interface or with console.

Additionaly, here is great implemented configuration feature. You can manage your code style from settings. set all you and your team needs.

What do you dislike?

It takes too much memory. Sometimes I see notifications about memory limits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well designed and developed product that supports all languages you need in Web developing. Additional tools are integrated well.

WebStorm is a great tool wor web development, debugging and support. It helps to build and deliver well orginized and high quality products.

WebStorm review by Jose F.
Jose F.

"WebStorm es tu IDE si eres un desarrollador web"

What do you like best?

Creo que la mejor propiedad discreta de la Webstorm es que cuando se necesita perseguir una contención de la base de la capacidad se puede hacer con un clic del ratón.

What do you dislike?

De verdad, no hay nada que no me haya gustado de Webstrom. Una cosa que es un tormento es la membresía pagada. Es mínima mente costoso para los "junios". Me imagino que deberíamos mantener este IDE libre para al menos los "junios".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Está justificado, a pesar de todos los problemas. Es el mejor IDEs para el avance de la programación. Hay un depurador/preservación dentro del IDE. Todo es ajustable dentro de la GUI de configuración (no hay ningún documento de configuración que aprender y mantener, el IDE lo hace por usted).

Dispositivo para incluir efectivamente estructuras y APIs no soportadas. Tiene refuerzos empresariales para algunas estructuras (responder, rakish, hub, require y algunas más).

WebStorm review by Matteo M.
Matteo M.

"Best web IDE"

What do you like best?

I have been using the products of the "Storm" series for quite some time to be able to say that they are very stable and constantly updated, I can make the best use of them to build what I imagine. I can not do without it. Before I came across these products, I did not have a favorite IDE to use in place of another. Now, however, when I happen to have to use a PC not mine, I immediately install WebStorm! The best!

What do you dislike?

In the previous paragraph I told the positive aspects of the software, now instead I discuss the negative sides. I had when I started to use it some problems with the installation of plugins, maybe even to display php in addition to html, css and JavaScript. Despite this I found the solution to my problems by doing a little research on the internet. I found a guide and it all worked out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The purchase of this software is recommended. It even offers a free student license. Really great!

I use it whenever there is need compared to competitors is very fluid and at the start is instantaneous. Very quick in any matter.

WebStorm review by Shawn T.
Shawn T.

"Good IDE for Node and Javascript"

What do you like best?

WebStorm is packed with features you'd expect from an IntelliJ IDE. Some of these features are:

WebStorm offers code completion, suggesting what you might possibly be meaning to type in, which is helpful.

It offers a built in debugger, supporting FireFox and Google Chrome, which is extremely helpful for web development. It helps eliminate the need to switch back and forth between WebStorm and some debugger application.

It has support for external frameworks such as Node, Google App Engine, React, Express, and many more.

As with every IntelliJ IDE I have used, it has a great library of plugins and supports installing plugins from disk.

My favorite feature that it offers is the UI customization, allowing me to use the Dracula theme, which is perfect as I have a hard time seeing on lighter backgrounds.

Another great feature with WebStorm is the ability to commit and push to GIT repos right in the application itself.

What do you dislike?

While WebStorm is definitely full of features and my go-to Node/JS IDE, it does have some issues and drawbacks.

As with every IntelliJ IDE I have used, WebStorm does have a pretty large memory footprint. It also can take some time to start up.

When accessing multiple projects, each one is opened in a separate instance, which, again, can impact performance.

Most IntelliJ IDEs allow you to import a project from files on a remote server, however with WebStorm this isn't possible. You must first create a local project, then navigate through the menus to find the deployment options, and add the server and download the files. Added servers are per project instead of throughout the IDE as a while, to me, this is the biggest drawback/annoyance with WebStorm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this IDE if you plan on developing with JavaScript, Node, or similar.

We had recently switched from using PHP as our back-end to Node and WebStorm helped with the development, allowing us to develop the back-end quicker and more effectively than other alternative IDEs.

WebStorm review by Pushpandra P.
Pushpandra P.

"Best IDE for front-end development "

What do you like best?

Webstorm is probably one of the best IDE's I have ever used in my life. It comes with numerous fantastic features. A few of the features, I like in Webstorm are:

1.) Autocompletion: Its very hard to find an IDE which can provide autocompletion for even Javascript, but Webstorm does that for us. When I was not using Webstorm, I always had to look for the syntex on the internet, but thanks to Webstorm autocompletion features. Saves a lot of time.

2.) Inbuilt debugger: Very helpful for web development. You don't need to switch back and fourth between browser and IDE, as Webstorm comes with inbuilt debugger which you can use to debug your application. It has support for firefox and chrome. I am not sure about the other browsers.

3.) Support for external frameworks: It provides a greate support for external frameworks such as, Google App Engine, Angular JS, React, Node, Express and many more.

4.) Customization is possible: You can infact add custom menu as per your needs. This is sometimes very helpful and handy.

What do you dislike?

Although, webstorm has several wonderful features, but there are a few areas which can be improved:

1.) It takes quite a bit of time to open up at the first time.

2.) It doesn't open multiple projects in one IDE. If I need two projects to be opened, Webstorm open it in two separate IDE which is performance intensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommended. Especially for front end development. Makes life very easy.

We use Webstorm for day-to-day software/web development

WebStorm review by Shridhar P.
Shridhar P.

"Probably the best JS IDE there is"

What do you like best?

-Debugger inside the ide (connect to chrome and firefox debugger)

-You can bind commands and programs to the ide. Then you can assign shortcut and menus to those commands and programs (super useful for custom grunt/gulp workflow)

-Build to be keyboard-centric, every menu is searchable, all shortcut can be changed, a new shortcut can be added.

-It has great git, svn and mercurial support (multiple branch management, log, blame, history and more)

-Support Typescript out of the box

-Plugin manager out of the box

-File watcher execute commands when your files change (use fewer resources than node watch)

-The UI is 100% customizable and offer out of the box a few great themes.

What do you dislike?

1. Takes a few seconds to open for the first time (unless you have an SSD)

2. Tries to reopen a new ide every time you open a file outside a project. (you can use scratch files instead of most of those cases)

3. Cost money

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the best IDEs around when it comes to web development.

Everything is customizable within the settings GUI (no config file to learn and maintain, the ide does it for you)

Awesome search engine (shift+shift will search in everything, files, function, variables, menu, settings, action, etc)

All developers use Webstorm.

The quality of work has improved due to the high customizability of Webstorm. As each developer is unique, they need to customize their IDE according to them.

WebStorm’s Settings dialog it’s known for its live search feature. If you don’t agree with the way that WebStorm indents your code, you can simply type “indent” and the tool will only select the categories related to indenting code.

WebStorm review by Irteza A.
Irteza A.

"Webstorm is my go-to IDE for all things javascript!"

What do you like best?

The vast array of configurable functionality makes this IDE stand out above the rest.

What do you dislike?

Beginners might get overwhelmed with the amount of functionality is provide. Its like a double edged sword!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Text editors are great but you haven't experienced agile development if you haven't worked with a real IDE (like WebStorm). One of IntelliJ's best products. It makes writing web and mobile applications easy and fun.

We are developing high end web and mobile applications with ReactJS and React Native. The plethora of functionality does not take away any performance whatsoever. If you are used to coding in an IntelliJ environment, you should fit right in. It makes writing JavaScript easy and almost fun (no offence to JS its just not my favourite language). It helps with JS fatigue (yes its a real thing, Google it!)

WebStorm review by Borja Miguel P.
Borja Miguel P.

"An IDE that makes development pleasant and fast from day one"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WebStorm is that it comes with almost all the features that you can desire preinstalled. It is unlikely that you will need to add many plugins, as it's usual with most editors. This makes development enjoyable and fast from day one. It has a great ability to predict the content of fields and code navigation is very powerful too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you might feel a bit constrained regarding customization or implementation of custom features, especially if you are used to working with open source IDEs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn about all it's built-in features in advance to maximize the productivity boost.

Development times are shortened thanks to it's powerful autocomplete and reference features. Also, code formatting makes projects more readable and with syntax highlighting you can greatly reduce the amount of coding errors and typos.

WebStorm review by sravani y.
sravani y.

"Review about WebStorm"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to write the code without any complexity. For more complicated projects also, we can easily write and debug the code. We can easily identify the errors by using analysis feature. It's very useful to write the nodejs code. As a beginner of nodejs I struggled with the syntax, in Webstorm It's very easy to handle the syntax problems.

What do you dislike?

It takes lots of time to creating a new project as well as to open an existed project. Some times it will get struct while coding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very useful for large scale projects. After completion of coding, we can easily store the code in GitHub. For beginners of a new language, it's very helpful as they don't know much about the syntax. Error handling is easy.

For large scale projects Webstorm is very useful to write the code. We can easily connect to the GitHub and clone the projects. After writing the code we can easily store in GitHub.

WebStorm review by Matt H.
Matt H.

"A great IDE for Node and Javascript development"

What do you like best?

WebStorm has a fantastic indexing engine that really helps autocomplete, refactoring, and navigation through a given codebase. You can simply open a directory (whether it be for a single project or multiple) and WebStorm will quickly organize everything appropriately.

WebStorm also features a best-in-class Javascript debugger, both for server and client (browser) code. It can plug into Chrome, Opera, etc.

It's very easy to use, and developers will be able to get up and running quickly.

What do you dislike?

Because WebStorm is written in Java, it can get a bit sluggish and become very resource intensive depending on the size of the project. As a result, it's important to keep the number of open JS apps/projects to a reasonable minimum.

There are so many preferences and options in WebStorm, it can be difficult to know which things you should change. Additionally, some preferences are specific to the project whereas others are global, and the difference is not always easy to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're doing Javascript development, WebStorm and Visual Studio Code are two of the best options depending on need. WebStorm may edge out VS Code for those needing more advanced features, enterprise support, etc. Look at both and choose the one which makes the most sense in terms of need.

After using a number of other IDEs (e.g. Eclipse), I can say that WebStorm is one of the best. It provides a really good focus on Javascript and shines where other IDEs fail.

My company is using WebStorm to build modern, microservice architecture-based systems built atop Node.js on the server and popular Javascript frameworks on the browser.

After using Eclipse for a time, we're realizing faster and more efficient development cycles, because we don't have to fight against an IDE that was designed to "do everything." WebStorm is focused on making JS development easy, and it does that with aplomb.

WebStorm review by Ankur V.
Ankur V.

"Webstrom OK but there are better things in market"

What do you like best?

I used to love webstorm for its integration with javascript and html. Its code typeahead feature is quite useful. Auto alignment is useful feature and the point that it can read your jscs file and align the code for you is quite useful.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about webstrom that it is another skill, things are not automatic for example in case you want webstrom to read your jscs, tslint etc you would have to configure them. I was hoping webstrom to read them by default.

Even after reading them the default code style is different from JSCS, you could set keyboard strokes to mimic ctrl-alt-l feature but it is not same as default code style.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Webstrom is very powerful but to find its gems you would have to find them. They are not spoon fedded to you. I have not used it but I belive visual studio code is gaining popularity because of its ease of use.

code cleaning and auto code generation.

WebStorm review by Gary Y.
Gary Y.

"Easy to learn, great support"

What do you like best?

Out of the box experience is great. It's very intuitive to configure themes and syntax format I prefer. The plugin repository is also very extensive. Typescript support is great with different refactoring features.

What do you dislike?

If you work on different languages, say frontend is Typescript + HTML + CSS and backend is Java, you'll have to purchase Webstorm and IntelliJ licenses which are quite costly.

Typescript has recently improved IDE support in it's native compiler; however, since Webstorm Typescript plugin is built on top of Java, it takes some time to propagate new Typescript language service features to Webstorm.

I use it as my primary IDE. I've been using it for 4 years and increases my development efficiency a lot after learning the code search shortcuts and refactoring features.

WebStorm review by Martin S.
Martin S.

"One of the best IDE's available"

What do you like best?

I love how specific and dedicated this IDE is for javascript development. For my work I use sublime and then at home I get to use WebStorm. The difference is quite huge and I always feel like royalty when working with this premium IDE. I want to learn more about this editor so that I can start using it's advanced features like version control, git integration, and many other things. A few of my friends use PyCharm and it's git features, and are boasting about it has version controlling and how you are able to see different points in time. That's the next step to go from here.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can take a while for WebStorm to actually open up and fully load the code. There was also a semi-steep learning curve, like with many other advanced IDE's. The biggest con against the entire JetBrain lineup of IDE's is their price. It is a very steep amount, but luckily they do offer student free one year licenses that can be renewed as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. It is a pricey ide, but well worth it's price. if you are a student then you can get it for free as well.

I am currently using WebStorm as my preferred IDE for interview preparation. Overall it helps me a lot with code completion, and speeding up my development time. I do feel that almost everything can accomplished with a vanilla IDE as well though.

WebStorm review by Alice B.
Alice B.

"Robustly Simple"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about WebStorm is getting to use a powerful IDE without the overhead of tooling for many technologies that I don't use.

What do you dislike?

I do dislike how difficult it can be to customize everything perfectly, but once it is all set up I have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I frequently use both WebStorm and Visual Studio because I am required to use VS for my work. However, I do 99% of my work in WebStorm and really enjoy how quick and efficient it is to use. It makes VS seem painful in comparison, and I can't imagine how frustrated I would be if I needed to use Visual Studio for all of my coding.

WebStorm is a powerful IDE with built in terminal window, and testing tools.

WebStorm review by José Gabriel G.
José Gabriel G.

"The IDE with entire javascript support"

What do you like best?

The thing I like the most is the support for the last javascript technologies, libraries, and frameworks for the frontend side or backend side.

It gives you (as developer) smart autocompletion and syntax suggestions if you are using ES5, ES6 and ES7, Typescript, JSX, Dart, Go and even if you are developing with frontend frameworks such as Angular.js, React.js, Angular 4, Vue.js.

If you're working with node.js and NPM, it gives you shortcuts to improve the process related with packages installation, libraries dependencies, and schedule tasks.

Moreover, this IDE provides with tools that allows you to develop Mobile Hybrid Applications based on frameworks such as React Native, Native Script.

What do you dislike?

It should add support to the Exponent (expo) platform.

It should add better support for Ionic.

It should add better support for Electron.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you decide to improve your development processes using web technologies and you have enough money you should consider buy WebStorm

It improves the processes of development web, desktop and mobile applications using web technologies such as HTML, Javascript, and others...

WebStorm review by Jose Antonio G.
Jose Antonio G.

"The definitive JS IDE"

What do you like best?

The IDE is perfect, it is fully integrated with Javascript and the most know frameworks as Angular, React, Vue.

Webstorm has a lot of functionalities to help you while programming, which make your work easier and faster: linting, code completion, error helpers

And if you miss something, you can install a lot of additional plugins to have it.

What do you dislike?

There is not a free version as IntelliJ Community.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to try it, search the EAP version.

I use Webstorm daily in my workplace as my main IDE when programming Javascript with AngularJS and VueJS.

The main benefit is that it helps me at writing, testing and debugging my code, letting me to save a lot of time when doing these tasks.

WebStorm review by User

"Pretty easy and cool for java script frameworks"

What do you like best?

There aren't many tools which suggest you in java script based frameworks.Web storm suggests which is cool. Also, it is very easy to include external libraries in this.

What do you dislike?

It is slow at times. A bit heavy tool. Otherwise not much to dislike. While many processes are running on my laptop it becomes difficult to run the tool. but it depends on the RAM is what I think as for now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for js based framework.. must recommended. I have used it for both front end and backend.

I have been using it for quite some time now and I am loving it

Web development usign nodejs and vue js. It is very fast . Also it shows me the compile time error as java, which is quite convenient. I have used it for developing tools based on Web which includes front end and backend.

WebStorm review by Alkesh G.
Alkesh G.

"Really good for node projects"

What do you like best?

As ruby node is also scripting language. So navigation becomes quite difficult but this does with ease. It has support for all node version and environment variable entry to start you node projects.

It takes extremely less amount of time to set up your project via this IDE instead of manually setting it up via terminal. We enter the correct environment values and the IDE takes care of it.

Plus debugging is the best options available to find out error specially in scripting languages.

What do you dislike?

It is still very slow. Internal navigation specially when we go exports.module line at the end of file, it is not able to find that function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally think WebStorm is really good for beginners and they should start using it. Once the issue of navigation are fixed it will be really great to work upon.

Proper environment settings are already available to start your project locally. Like every IDE it also provides different configuration for almost every node project. Auto suggest and lint failures are the best it has.

Building projects in node is really fast and pretty awesome with this IDE

WebStorm review by Seejan D.
Seejan D.

"No other app is better than WebStorm for code editing"

What do you like best?

Code editing capabilities are state of the art and leave dust to the competitors - refactoring of classes, functions and methods, renaming of files

Text handling is really good - moving words between locations and even entire functions can be moved

What do you dislike?

Indexing can sometimes take time, and is not performed in the background but rather in the foreground, so the end user gets a stuck app and cannot work properly during that time. This should be performed in the background instead

Transpiling sometimes takes some to run and is also done in the foreground and not in the background, which also causes the app to get stuck

Recommendations to others considering the product

With no doubt I would use it for web dev - it is much better than the alternatives out there

Development of websites and other web apps

Benefits are editing capabilities, refactoring, text handling and transpiling

WebStorm review by Gunank S.
Gunank S.

"Powerful IDE for Web developers"

What do you like best?

All the features Provided by Community is really helpful for web developers. A very lightweight software and easy to use for web developers.Web storm provides huge support to modern javascript and react, angular and most of the web development frameworks. If you are working on Web development based projects or front end work then this will be my recommendation for you.

What do you dislike?

I don't recommend this IDE to a beginner because it provides so much functionality like code completion which decreases the learning of a beginner. This will be very helpful if you are proficient with the work you are doing. I think they need to provide some extension for Code beautification which will be helpful for developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Webstorm is a must use IDE for any web Developer. It will make your work easy and its built in features will provide a boost to your performance. Explore the beauty of this amazing product by intellij and you will really feel the goodness of an IDE.

A really easy to use IDE for developers specially for Web development work. Huge support for javascript is really helpful to meet deadlines for a Front End Developer. Usually i used this to Develop Angular and react Web Apps.

WebStorm review by Abel N.
Abel N.

"The best option for front developers web"

What do you like best?

I recommend WebStorm mainly as frontend web development IDE such as html5, css3, js, jquery, etc.

I find it very intuitive to use this ide since it incorporates many functionalities and helps with documentation and integration with other services.

with this software you can make integrations with version managers and integrate plugins to improve the speed and quality of development such as comparing code, checking the most efficient way to program, etc.

It also incorporates code comparator, integration with version manager, ftp deployments etc.

It can be used to develop fron code such as html5, css3, Javascript but it is also compatible with technologies such as Angular, React, Vue.js, Ionic, Cordova, React Native, Node.js, Meteor and Electron

What do you dislike?

I do not like its price, it seems too excessive and also if it were those prices would make it a single payment for life.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend a lower price and a single lifetime payment not annual payments

This IDE has helped in my company to make cleaner and faster developments since it provides a lot of help when it comes to programming.

WebStorm review by Juan Luis F.
Juan Luis F.

"Webstorm uno de los mejores IDE para programar webs"

What do you like best?

El directorio de plugins está lleno de plugins útiles. Me gusta mucho cómo puedes configurar tu estilo de codificación estándar, y te ayudará a adherirte a él. Incluso la sugerencia de varias líneas resulta ser increíblemente útil en los momentos más inusuales.

WebStorm nunca se quedara obsoleta, puesto a que constantemente esta recibiendo actualizaciones

What do you dislike?

Básicamente nada. Los IDEs de la familia Storm pueden ser un poco abrumadores para un principiante, pero la estabilidad y los entornos ricos en características son absolutamente críticos para la programación, en mi opinión.

Recommendations to others considering the product

sin duda no lo piense mas y escoge WebStorm como su IDE preferido si realmente desea tener mejores estándares de codificación. También puede ayudarte a importar ESLint (plugin de javascript), lo que puede traer mas directrices para el desarrollo de código, lo cual fue lo mejor que me pasó como desarrollador de JavaScript. Esta es una delicia para los desarrolladores.

WebStorm permite a los desarrolladores escribir codigo con el soporte de un IDE robusto que facilita la escritura, prueba, confirmación e implementación de código. Hay tantas características útiles dentro de WebStorm que descubrimos continuamente pequeñas cosas que nos hacen ayudar a hacer nuestro trabajo más fácil.

WebStorm review by Magus F.
Magus F.

"El IDE perfecto para el desarrollo de JS y desarrollo web"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de este programa es que WebStorm pone a disposición de los desarrolladores web profesionales cualquier nueva tecnología que deseen utilizar, así como todas las herramientas adecuadas como por ejemplo el soporte para CoffeeScript 3.0 (que incluye navegación, asistente de código, refactorización, comprobación de errores y más) para ayudarte a aprovechar al máximo la concisión y la legibilidad de esta extensión de JavaScript. Además, tiene soporte para Node.js que te permitirá utilizar todo el potencial de este IDE para editar y depurar JavaScript en el servidor.

What do you dislike?

Como la mayoría de IDE´s, necesita bastante memoria Ram y un buen procesador para que no vaya lento y aunque las capacidades de refactorización proporcionadas son de las mejores del mercado, a veces pueden ser defectuosas, lo que nos empuja a ser más conscientes al usarlas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Este es un muy buen IDE para JavaScript que además soporta JS, si trabajas con esos lenguajes entonces este IDE te será de gran ayuda y recomiendo usar la prueba gratis de 30 días para ver todo su potencial.

Suelo utilizar mucho Node.js al desarrollar API y WebStorm me facilita y agiliza el desarrollo además de que puedo hacer la mayor parte de la creación, prueba, depuración, control de versiones y despliegue de mi código, todo desde una sola aplicación ahorrando tiempo.

WebStorm review by Paco G.
Paco G.

"El mejor IDE web con el que he trabajado"

What do you like best?

Soporta los principales frameworks de Javascript como Angular, ReactJs o Meteor.

Facilidad en el desarrollo de aplicaciones NodeJs.

Plantillas de soporte como Jade, ejs, twig...

Las opciones de depuración.

La eficiencia que ofrece cuando está desarrollando software y la experiencia fluida que tiene al desarrollar usando diferentes lenguajes es simplemente increíble.

What do you dislike?

La instalación tarda un rato considerable.

Consume bastante memoria y necesita reiniciarse de vez en cuando, lo que acaba siendo molesto.

Al abrir proyectos grandes, a veces tarda mucho tiempo en indexar archivos nuevos.

Lleva un tiempo conocer todas las funciones, los accesos directos por defecto son diferentes a Visual Studio, por ejemplo.

Es de lo mejor para el desarrollo en javascript, por lo que si estás utilizando otro lenguaje puede que no sea IDE más indicado.

No me cansaré de decirlo, el consumo de memoria es algo muy a tener en cuenta, esperemos que en futuras versiones deje de ser un problema.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Considera seriamente los productos de Jetbrains si estás en un entorno de equipo usando Git. Si puedes pagarlo, úsalo. Si no puedes, al menos prueba la versión gratuita. Es un IDE completo, con depurador y todo, pero con un aspecto más cercano a un editor genérico.

Poder programar en nodejs/jade/scss. Agiliza el desarrollo de software, especialmente con aplicaciones web. Es especialmente útil la integración de git y poder mantener todos los proyectos abiertos sincronizados.

Control de versiones e indexación de accesos directos dentro del proyecto, facilitando el desarrollo.

WebStorm review by Oscar A.
Oscar A.

"Uno de los IDE más potentes"

What do you like best?

Este IDE tiene prácticamente todo lo necesario para trabajar en los proyectos en los que estés desarrollando, tanto como para la edición o como para la creación de uno nuevo. Viene con una configuración en la que nos permite seleccionar lenguajes, además de distintas formas de personalizar la interfaz.

What do you dislike?

Una de las pocas desventajas que tiene WebStorm es que me parece un poco lento a la hora de iniciarse y cargar. Algunas veces he tenido problemas con la instalación de plugins, con lo cual he tenido que reiniciar el programa y volver a abrirlo para comprobar si funcionaba correctamente o debía de volver a instalar el plugin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una buena recomendación si llevamos poco tiempo como desarrolladores, ya que nos da la oportunidad de trabajar de forma cómoda al poder personalizar todo a nuestro gusto.

Lo utilizo de vez en cuando para trabajar en algunos proyectos con muchos archivos. Normalmente lo suelo utilizar para proyectos con JavaScript o también con HTML y CSS. No debe de haber mucha diferencia si lo usamos con otros lenguajes como pueden ser PHP, React o cualquier otro.

WebStorm review by Martin A.
Martin A.

"The best IDE for Web Development, especially Javascript/Typescript"

What do you like best?

The software has great capacities to navigate javascript code

The software gives you great and useful context based actions

The software is fast loading and has great responsiveness

The software offers great refactoring capabilities

Debugging with the software is easy and intuitive

There are keyboard shortcuts fro almost anything

The software can be extended with a variety of plugins

What do you dislike?

The software can sometimes be a bit heavy on the CPU, triggering the fan when reindexing, for example.

The software can use a lot of Memory at times

The software has crashed once or twice, but mostly on Early Access Program versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trying it is adopting it

Using the software has increased our developer productivity

WebStorm review by Frank S.
Frank S.

"Using it for basically everything I do"

What do you like best?

WebStorm is the best IDE for Internet-related projects, with capabilities to work in so many environments - JS, TypeScript, Dart, CSS, HTML

Syntax highlighting is so powerful and efficient, compared to other IDEs like Atom

What do you dislike?

When working with languages that require transpiling to Javascript (such as Typescript), Webstorm gets stuck many times, causing the computer to freeze and prevents me from being able to work

Recommendations to others considering the product

Integrate it with NPM to get a better experience when downloading and exploring dependencies

Working with Web-related technologies like JS, TS. Benefits include navigation, syntax highlighting, symbols lookup, that are unprecedented and are much better than in other alternatives

WebStorm review by Diego Nazareno P.
Diego Nazareno P.

"The best"

What do you like best?

There are so many features! But would be 1) Speed 2) Improved intellisense 3) Rectangular selection and multiple cursor 4) VCS integration, 5) Debuggin, 6) Plugins community, and many other things that I don't remember right now.

What do you dislike?

Kind of pricey. It shines as an IDE, but it is trying to be a good single file code editor. And as it is a full IDE every now and then it does consumes a lot of resources (CPU+Memory). I'd also love to have a good integration with the task focusing product TaskTop

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the trial and then you'll end up purchasing the product, just like I did.

General software development of front end web apps

WebStorm review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

"Best web ide"

What do you like best?

DEs like WebStorm are bulkier and require a lot of experience to get really efficient with, but once you're good at them they're very powerful. They can do things like if you change a function name in one file, it will sift through your entire project and change the function's references everywhere. They also have great code hinting/autocomplete.

The main thing is the debugger -- ST can handle most of the code completion stuff, and is much faster and lightweight than an IDE. The only reason I see using an IDE is to access its debugger, which IMO is a really good reason to use an IDE. Not enough web developers take advantage of debuggers and are still var_dump'ing or object.inspect'ing.

What do you dislike?

Hard to use at first, after some weeks it becomes the king

Recommendations to others considering the product

GO FOR IT! doing good

My ide for my company. We do everything with it

WebStorm review by Trevis L.
Trevis L.

"WebStorm Review"

What do you like best?

You can bind commands and programs to the ide. Then you can assign shortcut and menus to thoses commands and programs (super usefull for custom grunt / gulp workflow). It has great git, svn and mercurial support (multiple branch management, log, blame, history and more).

What do you dislike?

Cost money. Moreover, it takes a few seconds to open for the first time (unless you have a ssd)

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it. It's the best IDEs for software development. There's debugger/console inside the IDE. Everything is customizable within the settings GUI (no config file to learn and maintain, the IDE does it for you).

Tool to easily add unsupported framework and APIs. It has commercial support for many frameworks (react, angular, node, require and many more)

WebStorm review by Nikolay K.
Nikolay K.

"A lot of features, but crashes too often"

What do you like best?

- build-it git version control

- a lot of plugins (great community support)

- often updates. WebStom team supports latest javascript and frameworks features.

- easy to setup. If you reinstall the OS - you you can setup WebStorm very fast.

What do you dislike?

- is crashes regularly on my Mac. And I can't submit a crash report from we WebStorm ('send' button is disabled). Lately it crashed regularly (despite the fact that I have a macbook pro with 16 of RAM)

- it consumes a lot of RAM

Recommendations to others considering the product

But if you start using it - you can't quit easy - it's great. But be aware - it's memory heavy. So, if you PC/mac is not powerful enough - consider other solutions.

all features in one place - You don't have to use different tools to develop.

WebStorm review by User

"Awesome Editor For Ionic"

What do you like best?

I code in Ionic using Webstorm and it's such a delight. Webstorm automatically adds import statements when you use a module or file. You can open multiple terminals at a time and has good Git integration. The plugins it supports make it easy to use for many web languages.

What do you dislike?

Wish was a better getting started tutorial to customize your environment when you load a project in it. I had to look up online to get some of the settings figured out. Other than that, It was easy to use and didn't have major issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch a brief tutorial and test the product. Once you're comfortable, you'll be bound to buy it.

Using Webstorm to code my hybrid web app. Ther auto import statement feature is really a blessing when using many modules /files.

WebStorm review by Andrew A.
Andrew A.

"Webstorm - Its a great editor but also great at using all your system resources"

What do you like best?

I like that its produced by a reparable company, it's fast if you have the ram to handle the indexing, and its very flexible.

What do you dislike?

It's built on the Java runtime which means it needs to be given lots of ram, fine if you have 16GB+ but some laptops still only come with 4-8GB.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a multi-core CPU and at least 16GB of ram

It works out of the box with all the major languages I use at work and is constantly updated throughout the year. The major benefit is that it will always work and lets me focus on writing code.

WebStorm review by Craig P.
Craig P.

"Excellent JavaScript IDE for front-end and Node.js Development"

What do you like best?

The interface is very similar to other JetBrains IDEs and is very well laid out. It has a great debugger, is very easy to configure to work with different projects, and the built-in source control interface is awesome.

What do you dislike?

Debugging in Node.js can be slow, but that probably has more to do with Node than it does with the IDE.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you work on large JavaScript applications, WebStorm makes it much easier to navigate a large codebase. It also has excellent tools for finding usages of classes, functions, and even framework-specific features like AngularJS controllers.

I use WebStorm in place of a text editor for front-end development. It provides a lot of features that you'd expect in a full-featured IDE, such as code completion, syntax highlighting, refactoring, etc.

WebStorm review by Austin C.
Austin C.

"Best Node + Web Framework IDE"

What do you like best?

The basics of an IDE are all done right: code completion, syntax highlighting, plugin integration .. and the list goes on. Jetbrains shows excellence through integration with many different environments, a healthy community of people committed to building useful plugins, and seamlessly working cross-platform. The Jetbrains Toolbox, as well as their other IDEs, make learning to use Webstorm cogent.

What do you dislike?

The RESTful tool is not as good as many other tools out there. Also, while the debugger for server side code is excellent, the native debugger for code running in the browser is buggy and rarely works. I often find myself just using the browser's Javascript debugger and juggling many windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are options to make even the most VIM dedicated developers feel at home. The settings are customizable enough but do not feel heavy to set up. Sharing settings using repositories is also a great way to save setup time.

For developers that are not familiar with Git, Webstorm makes the transition easy and helps manage the basic functions. Simple deployment is also made easy, along with simple database management.

WebStorm review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Hospital & Health Care

"Review on Webstorm IDE"

What do you like best?

Webstorm is one of my favorite IDE for developing web applications. I started using this IDE during my graduate studies coursework. The best thing about IDE is it is easily linked with GitHub account and once you develop any project using IDE you can easily linked with your GitHub account.

Secondly, it is user-friendly as well as easy to learn. I had developed lot of web applications using variety of frameworks as well as programming languages and they are way easy to develop using webstrom IDE

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there is nothing I didn't like about Webstrom. One thing that is pain is paid subscription. It is little expensive for students. I think it would be great if we keep this IDE as a free for atleast students.

I have developed couple of projects using this IDE. Few of the projects were complex and heavy still they were so easy to develop on this IDE. I like the auto prediction feature of it. Currently I am a user of webstrom since 3 to 4 years. I have developed nodejs, angular and c# based web applications on this IDE.

WebStorm review by User in Computer Software

"Good IDE for Web Development "

What do you like best?

Quite a few like - Java script / JQuery, CSS, HTML support is pretty good. Auto code completion etc. Can launch your product html files directly from IDE on different browsers and test it. This helps in testing the Web App while still in Development. Its builtin web server also helps to test the app.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Its a good IDE if you are looking to do Web Development. I do not like the fact that you need to switch IDE's for Java and Web Development.

Also if you want to do pure backend development like in Java, I would rather prefer IntelliJ than using Web Storm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free trial is limited in nature for few days. I had to get a license to use it for Web Development.

Other than that its a good IDE if you want to do Web Development. I will overall recommend to use this product to anyone looking to do Web Development.

Creating new web portal for my company using Web Storm. It was my first time using this IDE and it worked out pretty well. Its Better than PyCharm for web development.

WebStorm review by Sophia J.
Sophia J.

"The smartest editor"

What do you like best?

Use the full power of the modern JavaScript ecosystem – WebStorm’s got you covered! Enjoy the intelligent code completion, on-the-fly error detection, powerful navigation and refactoring for JavaScript, TypeScript, stylesheet languages, and the most popular frameworks

What do you dislike?

Debug your client-side and Node.js apps with ease in the IDE – put breakpoints right in the source code, explore the call stack and variables, set watches, and use the interactive console

Recommendations to others considering the product

Run and debug tests with Karma, Mocha, Protractor, and Jest in WebStorm. Immediately see test statuses right in the editor, or in a handy treeview from which you can quickly jump to the test.

Take advantage of linters, build tools, test runners, REST client, and more tools, all deeply integrated with the IDE. But any time you need Terminal, it's also available as an IDE tool window

WebStorm review by Renato Augusto T.
Renato Augusto T.

"Currently the best IDE"

What do you like best?

WebStorm is by far the best IDE available on the market today. It offers a large number of functions and settings, yet is light enough to run on older computers. It is interesting that the computer has an SSD so that the boot and the daily use is fluid, otherwise you can get some slowness, but nothing that hinders the use.

What do you dislike?

Integration with debugging tools could be better, however with a little tweaking you can debug large projects without difficulty. The boot process is a bit slow, and when working on large files or projects with numerous files, indexing also takes a while.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WebStorm is an excellent tool, to make the most of the tool it is important for the computer to have an SSD to speed up the process of indexing files

The standardization of an IDE in a company is not easy, each developer has his favorite tool, WebStorm is able to please a large number of developers and facilitate standardization.

WebStorm review by Tanya G.
Tanya G.

"A fully-featured IDE for web development"

What do you like best?

The language support is fantastic, it supports all the configuration I need for developing complex web projects. The integrated support for external JavaScript libraries is a real bonus, so I never need to have more than one project window open.

What do you dislike?

The code analysis can sometimes be a bit laggy, with changes such as an error correction taking several seconds to be updated in the editor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customisations are really powerful. Take the time to set up your IDE just how you like it and you'll never want to use anything else.

It keeps all my development-related tasks in one window, making it easy to see the status of the project at a glance. Developing libraries in tandem with the projects that consume them is very helpful.

WebStorm review by Alejandro C.
Alejandro C.

"Review IDE WebStorm"

What do you like best?

Es un gran IDE, contempla prácticamente todos los lenguajes de desarrollo web por defecto y sus formato. Tiene infinidad de Plugins para hacer tu trabajo mas llevadero y simple. Un cosa muy útil para mi, es que permite cargar el código desde una URL sin pasar por un buscador!

What do you dislike?

La unica pega que he encontrado hasta ahora, es el precio ya que la verdsd que no es un producto varato y es bajo licencia, pero merece la pena.

Simplifica mucho la tarea de la programacion, te automatiza muchisimas cosas y por consiguiente ahorras mucho tiempo.

WebStorm review by Ronak S.
Ronak S.

"Suberb for web development"

What do you like best?

WebStorm makes accessible to proficient web engineers any new innovation they need to use, and in addition all the correct devices:

Support for CoffeeScript 3.0, to enable you to get the most out of the brevity and lucidness of this JavaScript expansion.

Combination with JSLint that enables new examinations to check the nature of the code.

Support for Node.JS that will enable you to utilize the maximum capacity of this IDE for altering and investigating JavaScript on the server side.

What do you dislike?

Like any great programming nowadays, there's a considerable measure going on. In case you're a capable engineer and OK with a editor or IDE, you'll have the capacity to get off to a brisk begin with WebStorm. Be that as it may, on the off chance that you truly need to become more acquainted with WebStorm, there's somewhat of an expectation to absorb information (and let's be realistic, you're paying for the permit to receive the most in return). I utilized WebStorm for around 2 years and I have an inclination that I scarcely split the surface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull out all the stops on the off chance that you need to have better coding norms. It can enable you to import ESLint too which can convey standard rules to the coding development.This was the best thing which transpired as JS engineer. This is a designers enchant

Nodejs project was finished utilizing this splendid IDE. The code fruition highlights was incredible and enhanced my efficiency as I didn't need to allude to Google for the appropriate responses identified with the dialects and its semantics

WebStorm review by Steven B.
Steven B.

"WebStorm - My Favorite IDE Extended"

What do you like best?

I'm already a big fan of their other products, and I just love all the powerful shortcuts and features in this. If you are ready to stop working in less powerful text editors like Sublime and start using a real IDE, use this.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to say that I dislike anything really.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make use of the powerful keybindings. It makes ALL the difference in using it effectively. You won't realize how powerful the software is until you make use of those keybindings.

I can change this across the entire package with a click, search the entire project, and more, which other IDEs just don't offer.

Learning about WebStorm?

* We monitor all WebStorm reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.