Weebly

Your idea needs a great website

Work for Weebly?

Learning about Weebly?

Weebly Reviews

Showing 342 Weebly reviews
Weebly review by Luis C.
Luis C.

"Websites in a simple and professional way"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about using Weebly is the ease of getting all the utilities and tools I need to create my web pages. At the time of making a design I am guided by the predetermined templates, this helps me to save time in the creation of web pages.

What do you dislike?

Only the free plan has a limit of 500 MB. Your files can not exceed 10 MB each in the free plan, or 250 MB each in the Pro plan. This greatly limits the people who are testing the software or do not have the resources to pay such high prices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software manufacturer does not want to be annoying, but he also wants to help. I love how Weebly relies on solid incorporation and education not only through the drip stream of email, but also through small information buttons created with your platform.

The problem that I have solved using Weebly has been to be able to enter code in sections of the page where it is necessary, also it facilitates me to be able to drag and drop the tools that I need.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Weebly
Weebly review by Demarcus S.
Demarcus S.

"Concentrate on your favorite work."

What do you like best?

Much better to install control the display case and submit our products. Opportunity to work with leading tools like delivery rates online, work with incomplete purchases, and different value. Also, it is simple email marketing works well for our site and shop.

What do you dislike?

This program doesn't have any bad issues with working tools. So I really enjoy creating all my projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Weebly let you redact a site or shop and control it from any electronic device. You will have more opportunity to sell more with advanced online commerce functions. I recommend to you this platform as it helps me a lot.

We can attract clients and cooperate our brand. The better way of create a design and send emails in seconds. We are glad that we can do all our work from every place. We think that it is very helpful to have the ability to access from any kind of devices.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Weebly review by Matthew d.
Matthew d.

"Website Design Made Easy"

What do you like best?

This makes it extremely easy for someone with no knowledge to design their own website and continue to add, edit, and remove things as your business grows and changes with ease. Keeps things looking just as good whether you're using desktop or mobile, and works well hand in hand with GoDaddy hosting for our website to provide everything it needs for our employees and clients.

What do you dislike?

Can get glitch at times. Things don't save, or things freeze/lag here or there. I do wish they made things like 'blog posts' easier on the front page of our site. It's difficult to share and post articles while trying to keep our front page updated constantly while having all of our back-end stuff run as it normally does. I do wish there were a bit more customization options when it comes to text and text layout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want more options when it comes to customizing your website while getting a great price and ease of use, give Weebly a shot.

We host our website off GoDaddy, but the website design options are not as good or fulfilling as Weebly. We use this to help design our website while giving our customers access to the right areas and our employees being able to access back-end portals to help them do their job. I have 0 experience with web design and can get a new page up and running within minutes. It has things looking great and keeps things easy for me to design.

Weebly review by Lidia D.
Lidia D.

"Easiest website builder"

What do you like best?

Weebly provides great tools for create your site easily with drag and drop feature. You don't have to know any master skills of HTML etc. There are pretty designed templates in every topic. Easy to customize and editing. Everyhing will be on the left side, and you can add whatever you want to to your website.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see new fonts or more editing features on texts. If you want to create professional website, for example website with more photos you have to upgrade your packet to the bigger one, there are 4 types of pad plans.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is also useful for students, personal bloggers and who wants to more customization on their website.

You can create website for your online store. there are tons of good options and tools to design your online shopping website. We are especially using Weebly to create website for our teachers and trainers. More depth, it's being used as a main website for our teachers to easily find their portfolios by our future customers.

Weebly review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"Drag & Drop Website Builder on a Budget"

What do you like best?

Weebly's drag & drop platform works well and is easy to learn. It has a good selection of features for the price, and you can create a nice looking website for free with a weebly domain. If I ever have a client that needs a simple, inexpensive website I always recommend Weebly.

What do you dislike?

Weebly is not quite as streamlined or developed as Squarespace (although it is getting there). I wish working with clients was as easy with Weebly as it is with Squarespace. I struggle a lot with images on Weebly. If you use the Weebly photo editor it destroys the resolution of your images. Unlike Squarespace, there's no easy way to resize photos, which makes developing a clean, organized layout very challenging.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a free account and give Weebly a try to determine whether its set of features meets your needs. If it does, then definitely choose this platform to save some money.

I am a freelance web designer that uses Weebly and Squarespace to help small businesses develop beautiful online presences that match the look and feel of their brand. Weebly is perfect for my clients who are on a tight budget and require only a simple website.

Weebly review by Marietta C.
Marietta C.

"To make your work faster."

What do you like best?

Very good way to create my website and with every day much easy and faster.Ability to work with so beautiful themes. All of my work is good.perfect tools to share with all team.

What do you dislike?

I like to be around that software. The very good thing to have on your hands. With this program, you will be sure that you are completely secure. Ability to work fast and right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful tools.Your work will be much faster and better. To manage all comments in content. Great tools to make your work done. I like everything and I hope that you will like it too.

We are working well. Away have rights to check all of ours productiveness. Also, very we can very fast to contribute to customers. Very good work from the distance by this we can control our work from any place and at any time.

Weebly review by Melissa H.
Melissa H.

"Web Development on a Budget"

What do you like best?

The best part about Weebly is the fact that you can become a web developer in seconds - even if you have a tight budget. It's free ".weebly" domain is perfect for the starting out site. This URL and domain can also be changed later if you are interested in paying the monthly fee for your own ".com." Another cool feature involves the capability of going in and editing the HTML code if you so desire. Very cool!

What do you dislike?

I most recently used Weebly to create a website for a small business my team and I developed for a project. One thing I don't like about Weebly is that if you have begun designing your site and want to change to a different template, it isn't easy. It involves a lot of back-end hassle and ends up moving things around. A great work around for this is taking a look into Weebly's online forums to see how other users navigated frustrations that they were/are having while designing their sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Before using Weebly, I would strongly suggest taking some time to make a "practice" site and messing around! The interface and "drag and drop" aspects of the site itself can be a little bit complex and require some attention to detail. Sometimes, you can accidentally drop something in the wrong place and it can move each spect of your design in the wrong direction! I would also recommend spending time looking through their forum of tips and tricks, and answered questions. I love that Weebly has done a great job of creating a community of do-it-yourself developers!

Becoming digital and "online"is a challenge facing many small businesses and entrepreneurs today. Whether your goal is to reach your cyber audience, start a boutique store or much more, Weebly bridges the gap between the professionals and the do-it-yourself-ers.

Weebly review by Reita S.
Reita S.

"Nice Platform for Multimedia Blogging"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to customize your page. There is a flexibility like most other sites simply do not have and it helps when you want your page to look exactly the way you formatted and pictured it in your head.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to buy a plan to get 'weebly' out of the web address. It sort of makes it confusing for people who are looking for a specific site when you're only a student and can't afford to publish your projects on your own.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good place to put your infographics or multimedia pieces for cheap/free. I'd recommend if you have the money to buy it so you don't have to have 'weebly' in the site name and can fully make it your own.

We are creating a greater reach to our audience. It seems that people are getting their news and resources online more and more and the blog helps offer ideas, information, and tips on how they can be better stewards.

Weebly review by Millard C.
Millard C.

"To create become more interesting."

What do you like best?

I remember how I was worry about creat site for myself. But we are going on and develop.So now I'm sure that I can create more and choose a correct theme for it. And tools which they have they are so perfect to use. At list no need to have some training.

What do you dislike?

Much easy to say. Weebly thinks of our security, time, task.You will see how your web will run so fast. And always will be in very good working conditions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to build beautiful posts, Gives you the way to control comments and schedule content. Makes your working day more easy and fast. Looks like Platform doing everything for you.

On my working team also cool that we can be satisfied with mobile. With this device, we can so easily check performance, cooperate with visitors and manage our web from any place.

Weebly review by Caressa O.
Caressa O.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Its a very simple platform. You can easily update and edit your website. You do not need to be technically inclined to use this website editor.

What do you dislike?

Whenever there is a support issue the support takes a long time. The chat service they offer is great but the people are not technical. So they need to refer our ticket to someone who is technical. Which takes time. And which makes the chat ineffective.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to use, so if you do not need to train people. Even older people can use this without an issue. However, if you are looking for more options and functions, then maybe a wordpress site might be better.

Anyone can edit the website. We are a small non profit, and do not have one individual to dedicate to website maintenance. So since its easy to use, anyone of the staff members can edit the website.

Weebly review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"Easy-to-use website builder, fairly priced, flexible."

What do you like best?

I love how easy-to-use Weebly is. You need absolutely zero web design knowledge to make a sharp looking site. I also like that Weebly doesn't use an "ecosystem" strategy like some of their competitors. They have add on products, but don't actively build the product to force you into using them. You can use pretty much any marketing technology with Weebly, which isn't the case with every "drag and drop" builder.

The mobile builder is pretty good as well. For someone with basic web design needs, you can't go wrong with Weebly IMO.

What do you dislike?

It has a bit less functionality than some of its competitors. I found creating a slideshow pretty challenging without a 3rd party plugin. It uses a little more strict design templates, which can be limiting at times. A few more of the "bells and whistles" would be nice, but I'm sure they'll get there.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. There's a handful of really good "Drag n drop" builders in this space, but Weebly should be on the list.

I needed a basic website, without wanting to write HTML and CSS, and didn't want to be limited in the tools I could use alongside it (i.e. other marketing tech like scheduling tools).

Weebly review by Gabriela K.
Gabriela K.

"Great tool for websites"

What do you like best?

Their design of web-editor is just perfect and placed perfectly and this makes it ultimately easy to create and work on your website or blog. If you never used HTML codes and you don't know how to use them, then with Weebly you will not need them to edit your website. Drag and Drop feature will make everything easy peasy.

What do you dislike?

it requires high speed internet. And it does not work on old computers. And sometimes if you even have high speed internet it can be freeze and shows little bugs.

We are using weebly for 1 year. First we used their demo version and after we update our account to professional weebly. They are providing quality service, besides original domains you can also choose weebly domains for your blog.

Weebly review by Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.

"Easy To Use and Customize "

What do you like best?

I love that Weebly has templates that are already created and are easy to customize for your needs. It can be used for education, selling items, or just for getting information out there.

What do you dislike?

So far there is not much I dislike. Everything is very user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly continues to improve their product. The ability to customize your site has continued to improve as well. If you are looking for a way to easily create a website that will look great, weebly is one of the best (and free!) ways to accomplish this.

I use this to create a website for my classes. I teach at four schools and I can put lesson schedules, concert information, classroom policies, and other information all in one place. I can put links to concert permission slips on there and link information for my students.

Weebly review by Dominique G.
Dominique G.

"Very Good Easy-To-Use Site Builder"

What do you like best?

I absolutely hate web design. That is the reason why I am so open to using sites such as Weebly because it is pretty much a drag and drop process. This is extremely important to me since I have such little time (and patience) to design a site the traditional way.

What do you dislike?

I really wish they would give the free version a few more liberties. However I do understand why they limit free account users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I feel if someone is looking for a good web builder to build a blog or a site that will not change often like a portfolio, Weebly is great to use. I really dislike web design and Weebly made the process extremely easy. I quickly built my portfolio and I was ready to show it off to my potential clients.

I was using my Weebly site for a portfolio.

Weebly review by Kinga O.
Kinga O.

"One of the best in the business"

What do you like best?

Such a nice tool to brighten your marketing experience. A great choice of templates, intuitive creator and very easy way of editing your selected templates makes it a tool you want to use on a regular basis.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to set it up properly, I felt a bit overwhelmed when I first entered the website, then the experience only got better and now I encounter no drawbacks or problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely lovely tool that you'll love from the very first sight, use and click. I'd have never thought that creating websites could be that simple and highly addicitive! You simply just want to log in to weebly to create more, more and more, even if you don't need them at the moment. Also, the variety of templates is really impressive.

Creating landing pages and little pages for some business, marketing and e-commerce purposes. Templates help me save some time on designing a particular website from the scratch.

Weebly review by Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.

"Great Website Design Platform"

What do you like best?

I love this this website designing platform! It is easy to use and offers and multitude of options for either pre-made templates that are customizable or the ability to build from scratch. I also like that it partners with domain providers like Google and you can purchase and manager your very own personalized web domain.

What do you dislike?

I wish when I had first started to use the program it had a better tutorial for beginner users. But it truly is so easy to play with and use that it didn't take me long to figure out and I was able to design my website easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform for anyone looking to design a variety of web pages. You can design standard portfolios, single pages, storefronts, etc. Plus they offer a variety of apps and add-in features both free and paid. It is a great platform for seasoned and beginner website designers.

I needed to create a portfolio website or living resume. It fulfilled all of my needs and then some!

Weebly review by Erika M.
Erika M.

"Weebly Review"

What do you like best?

I love how intuitive Weebly is and how many options are available for optimizing a website.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I disliked is the fact that I had to choose a certain theme, and if I did not choose one theme, I had to start from scratch with building a website. I would have liked to be able to pull parts of themes together to create my website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to watch the tutorials and seek help if you are wondering about a feature that Weebly has; there are so many features available that I did not know about until many months into using Weebly!

Networking for job opportunities. It is an easy way to build a professional, virtual "profile" in order to market yourself for job opportunities.

Weebly review by Stephen G.
Stephen G.

"Simple & Easy Website Creation"

What do you like best?

It's pretty simple to create your own website with the point and click interface. It's great for basic sites and saves you a lot of time and work. I'm not sure about the eCommerce features as I don't use them. I think it's a solid product worth taking a look at.

What do you dislike?

I'd like more design options but it gets the job done. I wish the accounts and permissions worked better as I found them to be limited when you have multiple content contributers. I don't use it daily as we don't update the site very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a simple and easy website creator, look no further. It has a decent selection of templates and it's very easy to create a site quickly. I don't use the hosting feature and I wish it had more security options for multiple user accounts and content creators. But I think it's a solid product worth taking a look at.

Fast website setup and easy updates. We needed to create a site easily and quickly and we had heard about Weebly. It was very easy to setup and we had something working fairly quickly. I would recommend this site to others.

Weebly review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Easy Website Creation for Anybody of any Level"

What do you like best?

The ease of dragging and dropping different blocks into different locations on the page. Weebly offers many templates to choose from. Users are able easily create forms and use purchase domain names to work seamlessly with the webpage.

The iPad app allows the user to make quick changes to the website. For other features I have found that using an actual computer is optimal.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the boxes are not easy to figure out until you place them into the template and begin to create. Sometimes the boxes do not go where you place them and changing the sizes are time consuming. Not easy to make your own custom templates unless you are a more experienced user.

The app has its limitations.

Inserting banners and customizing some of the features are time consuming.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly was the answer to website creation for our organization. First of all, it was free. Even the upgraded price is reasonable for everything that it has to offer. We do not use the extra “store” features but I’ve noticed many upgrades and additions that make Weebly a competitor in the web creation industry.

Allowing for a medium level user to create great looking websites. When you have a small budget the price point is perfect. We have a online presence that demonstrates a level of professionalism which your organization has.

Weebly also allows for other users to enter the site and add content. As an administrator I can limit access to certain pages or give full access.

Weebly review by Heather P.
Heather P.

"Beautiful easy to create websites "

What do you like best?

There are so many beautiful templates for every type of website possible! Creating a website is so easy with dragging a dropping elements you need right on to the page. Adding files and pictures is simple just about anyone can create a beautiful website in a short amount of time. Keeping the site updated is super easy as well. You can even have Surveys, polls and contact forms right on the site. There are also many apps that integrate easily with Weebly to solve all your business needs. Free hosting available through Weebly with a free Weebly domain or your own domain for a more personal website. Once the site is created, you can grant access to others to help manage the site.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part of Weebly is how files show on Scribd. I have had complaints from users that they are hard to access and print. I personally don't like how the file looks on the site using Scribd either.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's free to sign up, give it a test drive! I bet you will love what you see. Once you are comfortable with using Weebly unlock other great analytic features by going PRO, especially if you have more than one site to create & manage.

Weebly helps create professional looking websites quick and easy. The ability to share your site with others to contribute is a big help in staying on top of keeping a site up to date. Weebly also does a great job helping with SEO so that your site can be found in search engines.

Weebly review by Danielle D.
Danielle D.

"User-friendly and effective"

What do you like best?

Weebly is very easy to use-you just click and drag text, image, etc boxes and fill in with your content. You can have static web pages or blog post pages, and you can even input your own HTML code if you so choose. I liked using it so much for work that I now use it for my own personal blog as well!

What do you dislike?

Weebly has many great features, but I wish it was easier to hide pages. Sometimes I want to temporarily hide a page and then turn it back on, but I have to password protect it or go through other additional steps. I wish it were simpler. I also wish that the social icons also included Instagram and Snapchat; I don't really understand why they're not included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't need to have any coding or other web knowledge to use it. As long as you know how to get online and click and drag, you can do it!

It's a great way to have all of your content on a nice-looking, easy to customize website, and you can link to your newsletters, social media pages, etc. I like how the homepage tracks and simplifies analytics so that you don't need to have any training in the field to understand the findings.

Weebly review by Liz K.
Liz K.

"Great easy to use platform"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop feature makes it easy for anyone to create and maintain a website. Clean platform with many customizations available make every site look professional.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice for a way to ensure that all SEO was being done for each page, like a a checklist or something that provided some feedback. Keyword tracking and optimization would also be a great addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time and play with the builders to learn how they operate. Once you are comfortable, then build your site.

Weebly allows me to create websites for clients that they can easily be trained to take over themselves. As a marketing consultant, it is a great way to update an existing site to an easier to use platform or build something from scratch when a company has no online presense.

Weebly review by Trina B.
Trina B.

"Great option to try for beginners"

What do you like best?

The free option is a great chance for a beginner to see what it's like to create a web site. There are quite a few templates to choose from and the price is certainly right for those who don't have a marketing budget.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the tools didn't work quite like I wanted them to. Most were easy to use, but I had to play around with a few of them to understand how they worked. I would have loved some video tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Jump into the free version to see if it's something you like. There are a lot of things the free version can do and the price is certainly right.

I work with several non-profit groups that don't have a big marketing budget, so creating a web site for free is a must. Weebly makes it easy and makes a web site possible.

Weebly review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"My "go to" Website Creator"

What do you like best?

Weeblys is so intuitive and easy to use. They do all the HTML coding for you, and what is left is easy to see simple instructions. Want to add an image? Just drag and drop! Same with text and links and more. If you really want to get fancy you can add plug-ins, I just google how to use them, I can always find a tutorial!

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a quick way to "undo" changes you just made. Ctl-Z doesn't work, and if you mess around too much on the editor, it won't go back to your previous changes when you exit and re-open. It won't publish your changes if you don't click publish, but it also won't revert if you messed up and exit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to spend a lot of time creating a website from nothing I would highly recommend their templates. They are mobile friendly and easily customizable. I love how unique our website looked even though we used a template!

We use Weeblys for our work website and it is so great! We now have a blog, and a board portal that is password protected. We love the contact us form and the other unique forms we can make that work well with our business.

Weebly review by Jamuel E.
Jamuel E.

"Great off the shelf CMS"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. It has decent design options. Really good functionality just for the free version. Really useful tools like form builders. Good price and pricing options. There are also good blogs out there which offer good custom tips for Weebly.

What do you dislike?

While it has decent robust designs there are other good competitors which offer better looking designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out other CMS offerings like Squarespace and Wix. Exhaust top off the shelf offerings which have a freemium model.

We used it as a short term solution for our organisation's website. Weebly was robust and enough and reliable enough to keep us afloat in the short term. The only reason we didn't stay with Weebly was because we implemented multiple applications in our organisation that needed a custom website.

Weebly review by Consultant in Higher Education
Consultant in Higher Education

"Weebly is so easy to use! "

What do you like best?

Weebly is great for those starting out in web design. Having used Wordpress, Wix and Weebly extensively in my career I have found that Weebly is the easiest for beginners. My favorite this about it is how seamlessly you can creat a beautiful and minimalist site perfect for your brand. Drag and drop make it’s very easy to move things around when you’re adjusting your layout.

What do you dislike?

As I said before, Weebly is my favorite out of the three main Ws. The only problem I’ve run into with it is not everyone is as familiarized with the way it works as say, Wordpress. Most people in Marketing have use Wordpress in one way or another, from my experience the same cannot be said for Weebly. Thus it’s more likely you’ll have to train people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone has their preference when it comes to Web design. Weebly is the best for beginners!

Multiple times I have helped small businesses create their websites with Weebly. Being a marketing professional they have brought me in to design and get their website off the ground running and then I’ve gone on to train their staff to keep up the momentum. This has been great for small businesses trying to gain a web presence. For the most part I have found Weebly is very easy for even the least-tech savvy person to get the hang of.

Weebly review by Hannah L.
Hannah L.

"Easy to use website design"

What do you like best?

Weebly is very straightforward, and present its users with a diverse, but navigable selection of options. Additionally, it allows even those with limited computer abilities to create aesthetically pleasing, modern, informative websites.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to see more options for users to customize their websites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for the development and design of a basic website! If you're looking for something a bit complicated, over which you have the majority of creative and aesthetic control, you might want something a bit more sophisticated. For most people's needs, however, Weebly is more than sufficient.

Used Weebly to create a website for a campus-wide event. The website helped with PR, as well as with connecting us with potential collaborators.

Weebly review by Administrator

"Easy to use- beautiful! "

What do you like best?

I have never known a design to be more pleasing to the eye and easy to use. Drag and drop is my favorite tool- and with all the different options, and online forms you can customize it to your hearts content!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were clearer tutorial, I love the tutorials they do have but they aren't always for the most up to date version. We should have to rely on individual users for tutorials, but the company itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking of using weeblys, definitely look at their templates first to make sure it suits your needs. There are so many website designers out there, but I think a good website design program relys a lot on the templates!

This website is beautiful and helps anyone who wants a good website but doesn't have the time to put into it to get it done by themselves.

Weebly review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"good for basic needs"

What do you like best?

I find it really easy to use with straightforward options. I like that I can just drag an drop website elements and I can change their settings easily.

They offer many templates and most of them look really good. All are mobile friendly which is a big plus.

The option o embed code and scripts is really easy to use and very practical.

What do you dislike?

It's not very easy to manage the list of pages, especially when you have more than 100. It gets even more complicated when you have 2 levels of subpages.

Their mobile app for Android wasn't very useful but I noticed that the new version is much better.

For some reason, it sometimes acts really strange and I cannot make changes where I want to. For instance, I click on a text box and it doesn't show its settings. It doesn't happen often but when it does I need to log out and log in again to go back to normal.

Their marketplace doesn't have many apps at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version and compare with other similar tools.

I was able to quickly create a nice website and it's not so difficult to maintain it. I also get some stats on visitors from Weebly and from Google Analytics (which is easy to set up).

Weebly review by Agency in Consumer Goods
Agency in Consumer Goods

"Decent for Drag & Drop..."

What do you like best?

It's user-friendly and makes building a website fairly accessible for people who don't have a ton of experience with web management platforms.

What do you dislike?

There's little to no scalability with this platform and if you want to upgrade at some point, transferring over is difficult and custom design is limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're interested in using this product, it's important to do your due diligence on what it can and cannot do. If you're looking for a platform to potentially scale with your business, you probably want to look elsewhere. It's probably a great product for small organizations and local businesses but, again, make sure it meets your needs before pulling the trigger.

We had a nonprofit client who was utilizing Weebly as their website management platform. They found it easy for their employees to manage content, create pages, etc. without having much experience. It was beneficial for them because it provided a presentable, professional website for a reasonable price.

Weebly review by Aric G.
Aric G.

"PhD Student Online Portfolio"

What do you like best?

For someone with little web page design experience, Weebly allows me to create a professional looking space to display my coursework and research projects to peers and prospective employers. It also allows enough freedom in design in terms of text boxes, headers, pictures, videos, and tabs so that I do not feel I am being forced into a cookie cutter website.

What do you dislike?

I do wish images were easier to coordinate with text boxes. Since Weebly automatically "snaps" features into place, it can be tricky to place textboxes exactly where you want in proximity to images.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you desire maximum flexibility in terms of design, Wordpress or even Wix may offer superior freedom. With that said, I teach a course on online portfolios, and Weebly seems to be the most intuitive and accessible for those with little webpage design experience.

Having an online portfolio is a must in an educational technology field. I am able to have an online presence that is easy to update in minutes when I need to add coursework or research.

Weebly review by Muhammad U.
Muhammad U.

"Easily create website by dragging and dropping."

What do you like best?

The best part about this would have to be the fact that the website is easy to create as it is kind of modular where you are able to drop components on to the website as you like.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps, the fact that the website components are limited for free users and you have to pay to have access to the other components.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely would recommend to beginner web developers as this does not require much coding knowledge to operate.

It allows for quickly creating a website on the go very quickly and easily as required without any coding required at all.

Weebly review by User in Higher Education

"Online Web builder without coding"

What do you like best?

Although Weebly is very easy to build website/blog without any HTML knowledge, HTML is also available for user who has HTML coding.

What do you dislike?

Some functions are available only for the paid user.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking to start building website/blog but don't know HTML, this is one of the easiest online software. Although basic function is free, you can get domain and many other functions by paying monthly/yearly fee. This is great software for beginner to people who have moderate knowledge of HTML.

I have made a website using HTML coding. Now the website is managed by others who do not know anything about HTML. I need to do only major structural change, so it reduce a lot of burden from me.

Weebly review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Easy to use Hosted Content Management System (CMS)"

What do you like best?

Easy to start working off-the-shelf, Drag-N-Drop, Mobile Friendly website. It makes building a website easy, and you do not need to have any programming knowledge. You can easily do it on your own. Great for small business owner to maintain their own website

What do you dislike?

Page navigation and management, As pages get a lot, it tends to be disorganised and messy to sort out. Weebly needs to come out a better way of managing pages when it gets more than 30 pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you are hosted it may be diffuclt to switch to WordPress or other, do some test before making it your choice

Business problem solved: Helps to roll our website quickly.

Benefits: I am able to roll out my website(s) in a fairly quick manner, depending on the size, it normally take 2 weeks to 4 weeks to roll out a complete website with navigational header and content.

Weebly review by Dayn R.
Dayn R.

"Mostly easy to ease, easy to personalize, allows for more advanced but not overly complicated design"

What do you like best?

Based on some simpler templates you can get a website up and running in hours that still functions and has good browser/mobile visibility. From start to finish it really only takes a short time to publish and promote.

What do you dislike?

As with any template based system there are times you just can't "do" what you "envision" and at times that can be frustrating. If you have to over-think something a lot of times you tend to lose the momentum and creativity you had in the first place. Not their fault, really. Just the typical limitations of trying to provide a lot to many.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, it is simple but powerful.

Domain purchase to launch and promote in one of the shortest times ever. Far more robust and user-friendly UI than others such as GoDaddy, etc.

Weebly review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"A good first-time website builder, but not really ideal for me."

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and create pages, nice tools to view...views. If you're code savvy, you used to be able to edit things out (like the weebly logo). The majority of their templates are mobile responsive. Images loaded quickly, it had nice gallery options. It was easy to set up a domain you own to it, without giving up any of your ownership or being locked down to them.

New templates are getting better, but still don't feel super luxe.

What do you dislike?

I felt like there was a lack of easy customization options, especially with super silly easy things like fonts and box colors. When I used it, you weren't even able to upload custom social media icons.

Old designs were SUPER cheesy, which was a factor of why I left. I visited them while writing this review and they seemed to have improved! However, as it's an unpopular platform all-and-all, it's very hard if not impossible to find templates by custom designers/etsy/etc.

I didn't feel like there were many apps to use for things such as forms, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to look at what you want your final product to be, not just now, but what you'd like it to be in 5 years. It's a nice platform to start out on, but I don't think it's necessarily great for longevity for a growing business.

it seems like they were on the mobile-responsive train pretty early on.

Weebly review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Great Resource"

What do you like best?

I really like using Weebly for both my teacher website and for my personal artist portfolio. The web building software is user-friendly and the resulting website is pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate. I would absolutely recommend this program to other teachers, young professionals, and artists! It is especially nice to have the option of trying the program for free prior to purchasing a domain name or full account. I have used the free version for my classroom and personal portfolio for years, but am definitely considering becoming a full on subscriber because Weebly has been so consistently useful.

What do you dislike?

It can be difficult to save changes, as well as difficult to duplicate layouts. It would be nice if there was an "archive" feature of some sort so that it was not always necessary to re-create pages. Sometimes it's difficult to tell if changes have been saved, too, since there is no manual "save" feature prior to publishing. I have lost hours of work in the past due to network glitches.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I absolutely recommend Weebly as a tool for building an easy website.

Sharing information with my students, keeping a record of assignments and due dates, making resources available to students even when they are not in my classroom. It is very useful to have a resource that students know is always there in order to keep them accountable for their learning.

Weebly review by Jill N.
Jill N.

"Easy website creation"

What do you like best?

Weebly is constantly adding and updating features in their solution. They make it incredibly easy for a team to collaborate on initial site creation and maintenance. They also partner with a ton of other companies, making it easy to build a "total" solution.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see better analytical reporting offered. They have the basics, but I want even more!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Available themes are constantly changing and growing. Great stuff!

We needed a refresh of our internet presence, and Weebly was an easy and affordable solution. I completely built our site from scratch to launch in less than 2 weeks while only spending a couple of hours daily on it. And most of that time was spent in the planning stages...not actually building the site.

Weebly review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Good for Simple Projects"

What do you like best?

I liked their free built-in templates. You can literally create a whole new website in a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

It's very slow, not many options to customize. So, basically, it's not a flexible tool. I wouldn't recommend it for big projects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Perfect tool to create simple, modern-looking, and static websites. It could be a bit expensive -- just a few bucks a month -- than creating a Wordpress site, but I should say that it's a lot easier! Within an hour or so, you can have your site up and running. Almost no technical knowledge required.

I used it when I was working at a Non-profit. We created a couple of static websites for our events and our campus program. It's very easy-to-use although I couldn't find any decent how-to guide. It doesn't require you to know any HTML/CSS or PHP. I had colleagues who had no experience with the web at all using this platform very professionally after a quick intro.

Weebly review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy to use and great customer service!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can easily and quickly update my company's website - even from a mobile device! I can design new pages quickly and feel great about how they look and feel to someone visiting them. There are a lot of great templates to start with - easy-to-use build tools, and a great deal of content, videos, etc. to help with questions. And Weebly customer service is fantastic - they are quick to respond and always knowledgeable.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Weebly worked well on all browsers. I use MS Edge for most of my work-related browsing, but have to use Chrome when I'm building in Weebly because some features don't seem to work properly in Edge.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you've ever been interested in learning how to build and maintain your own website, Weebly is the place to start. If you take the time to experiment, watch videos, read content built by users, and experiment some more...you'll soon be an expert. Weebly is easy and fun to use!

We no longer have to hire anyone to manage our website or design pages or changes. This saves us a lot of time, gives us greater flexibility, and saves money, too!

Weebly review by Noah H.
Noah H.

"Easy Websites for my clients."

What do you like best?

Weebly has a very easy to use interface for drag-and-drop website creation. I use this to create lead generation websites for my clients, which saves both time and money for all of us.

What do you dislike?

The features in the Designer platform are more restrictive than in the regular platform. Which makes sense for Weebly, because the regular platform is more expensive than the Designer platform, and thus should provide more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just getting started with your own website or if your goal is to create simple websites, Weebly is a fantastic solution. It also provides solutions for e-commerce and great online store options.

I am able to create lead generation sites for my clients very quickly. My goal is to create websites that perform well, not necessarily to make unique websites for my clients. Weebly allows me to replicate the sites that are performing well, and edit them to fit new client's needs quickly and efficiently.

Weebly review by KATRINA L.
KATRINA L.

"Weebly listen to their customers that why I am sticking it out with them. "

What do you like best?

When using Weebly you don't have to be tech savvy but it best to know the basic on how to build your website or blog. Because knowing the basic of how to build your website or blog will help you to pick the products you need to make your website look professorial. I really enjoy the drop box into my website because I can put what i want into the box I drop in MY website, very easy to use. I also like that I can turn the use of tablets and smartphone user to view my website. I don't have to do much because it update it for me. If you need help Weebly do offer a forum that you can go ask question if you need to or you can send them a quick text through their contact. I do feel like Weebly listen to their customer because they will update on product that they have added to their website for you to use and let you know what products is being offer.

What do you dislike?

For now Weebly is my go to website when I want to sat up a new website. I do think the website can be a little better are easy to use. It took a long time for my to learn how to make a link go to another website. I wish Weebly would have better direction on all the products offer because I have to go outside of Weebly to get a better understanding on how to use their products. I use YouTube when I am lost but I should not have to go outside the website it should be right there. Weebly say they have a forum but I don't want to go chic chat to get answers. The price is OK but I wish they offer a little more with direction that come along with the product they are introducing. I would like for maybe a person to walk me throw my products on phone or on the website. I had to do my own banner but it would be nice if the website would offer that. I also use Google adsense ads on my website but I really don't know where to put them or what size to use or even use them at all. Weebly want tell you that your ads have to be proved by Google before it show up on your website even if you have an account with Google. The only way you know that the ads are working is you have to go to your website outside of Weebly. The website look easy to use but I think you have to know a little about how to design a website, so I don't think this website would be good for beginners. To me it don't have to many template to choose from or color schemes. The more you pay the better website you get but I wish the price was reasonable for everybody.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you know the basic of how to build your own website then yes I would recommend Weebly. When they offer to listen to your suggestion send them in because this make Weebly stand out even more.

This website come into handy when I want to take my skill to the next level and share with the whole world. I blog about the thing I do online and offline so Weebly make it easy for me to share my information to anybody that want to know what I am doing. I can know send people to my own website.

Weebly review by Louise M.
Louise M.

"Very simple"

What do you like best?

As someone who was new to creating their own website, I was happy to discover that Weebly was incredibly easy to use. The interface is smooth and allows a new user to navigate the site easily with clearly labelled headings and instructions every step of the way. They even offer some free images for you to use. The ones you need to pay for are, of course, of a much higher quality, but for a beginner, I found free images were fine to use.

What do you dislike?

There was a slight issue with signing up with my organization to join Weebly and get published. The issue has not yet been resolved, but whether this is a fault of Weebly's or my tech support department, I do not know at this stage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a way to create your own website and you have some time to put aside to work on this, then Weebly is a great option for you. It is easy to use, even for someone who has never before created websites. It guides you and instructs you every step of the way, but also allows for a lot of freedom when it comes to colour scheme, images, templates, and literally every aspect of your website. You are the creative genius and Weebly does all the hard, technical work that I know nothing about!

I am using Weebly as part of my organization. It helps solve an information problem. With a website that contains pertinent information specifically related to myself and my work, my clients have easy access to that information at all times, even when I am unavailable on my email / phone contacts.

Weebly review by Justin L.
Justin L.

"My experience with Weebly was exciting and easy"

What do you like best?

What I loved about Weebly the most was the easy access and ability to create a fascinating website. I've been using this site as a child when I've wanted to create a website that I wanted to brag about. I'm taking HTML coding classes and Weebly makes website building seem so much easier. It also provides users the ability to try it for free, making it risk-free for people who wish to try it.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Weebly is the lack of a few features. I wish to add, move, and remove certain pieces of code to create a perfect website. It's understandable that Weebly doesn't allow it's HTML code to be changed that easily.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is very easy to use and is a perfect website builders for beginners. Weebly removes the frustration and confusion of HTML coding by replacing it with just drag n drop.

My business is trying to create an official, professional website with Weebly. We haven't realized any benefits yet because we haven't fully created our website.

Weebly review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"My experience using Weebly.com as a Web Store."

What do you like best?

I used weebly.com to work on a pre-existing web store for a client. I found that the drag and drop features were very easy to use, that is the best feature in my opinion. It also offers decent formatting options, though as quantity not quality.

What do you dislike?

The features available on the (pre-existing) web store site that my client hired me to update were very basic. There were a decent number for features available for site design, but they selection of options for each of those features was fairly limited. Overall my experience was that for the package my client had selected, it was difficult to create a sleek and professional web store of the same quality as other sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly.com is a good choice to consider if you are just starting out. They have a comprehensive drag-and-drop feature with a variety of choices, but not so many choices that it would be overwhelming or difficult to navigate for someone new to site building and design.

I used Weebly.com to update a client's pre-existing web store. The benefits were that it has a very responsive drag-and-drop function.

Weebly review by Rebecca P.
Rebecca P.

"Decent, but not my ideal program to use for website design"

What do you like best?

Weebly does a good job of transferring the desktop website to mobile automatically. I don't find myself fidgeting around with it to much.

What do you dislike?

I actually hate when I am required to make a Weebly website. I find that there interface is difficult to use, there features are way behind other web page creation sites and I really dislike that you cannot copy and paste sections of your design. I find myself wasting a lot of time dragging and dropping content boxes again and again because of this. I also find it hard to believe that you cannot preview live links in their preview mode - you should be able to make sure your site is functioning properly before you go live.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere - this interface offers less that other software.

I have to use this software because the company I work for bought multiple domains - I am assuming they received a discount in doing so, so we benefiting with cost savings.

Weebly review by Ben P.
Ben P.

"Great drag and drop interface with lots of flexibility"

What do you like best?

The reason I switched to Weebly for both my professional and personal websites is ease of use. While I felt comfortable editing websites in more traditional web tools, Weebly has enabled me to add various office staff to my team without the need for them to understand in depth web tools. The entire interface is drag and drop, so anyone can not just add text or images, but build an entire page from scratch.

What do you dislike?

The disadvantage of Weebly is that there is less overall flexibility in design than something like wordpress or expression engine. Also, while drag and drop makes designing easy, it doesn't ensure good design, and I wish they had more pre-formated sections to choose from that I could drag in all at once. Also, it is not set up for building really good portfolios, especially if there is a mix of media between photos and videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is clearly listening to its community and keeping an eye on current web design trends. They continually add tools and functions that I find useful and atractive.

The problem Weebly is solving for us is that I used to be the only one to update our site, but now any office staff is capable of updating information as needed. This decentralization and simplicity of the tool has given me more time to focus elsewhere.

Weebly review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"The most malleable"

What do you like best?

Ok, so I tested building a site on WordPress, Wix, etc. Weebly is SUPER affordable and hits a perfect note of structure (provides great templates) and malleability. When I first joined about 7 years ago, it encouraged me to learn CSS basics so that I could manipulate the front-end. It's been super friendly all these years.

What do you dislike?

They have added more paid features – certain things, like adding documents or videos used to be free, are no longer free. Also, I've never been confident in their analytics. Years ago, there used to be info on where the visits came from but now it just offers a chart.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be the perfect marriage of automated website building and coding. Consider what your website wants to do before getting started because you WILL get derailed and over-experiment with templates.

I am hosting two websites on Weebly.

Weebly review by User in Research
User in Research

"Great user interface and streamlined design"

What do you like best?

Weebly offered a plethora of options for designing custom websites. I really like the build features of the interface and the template options. The website offered a variety of features, all of which integrated well into the interface. The design of the templates are streamlined and intuitive for users. The drag and drop feature was particularly useful for building webpages.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any major complaints about the website, but sometimes it would be difficult to size background pictures for the website. They would become blurry or blown up relatively frequently and would require quite a bit of tweaking. I would have liked an increased number of options for text color and fonts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Weebly to those seeking to build professional and customized websites at an affordable cost. Maintaining and updating your website is quick and painless, and it is easy to make the website look customized to your needs, rather than a standard template website. The fact that they offer free options was a huge pro for us!

Weebly provided an opportunity to design a website for our lab at no cost. It has been easy to maintain and track site statistics over time. It has provided more visibility for the lab to outside institutions, which we have been able to track using the site statistics.

Weebly review by Zach F.
Zach F.

"Weebly: Ease of Use and Numerous Designs"

What do you like best?

Weebly's interface for constructing a website is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate through with minimal assistance, and troubleshooting is easy too. Weebly also offers a ton of great designs and templates to help make things look unique even with the use of 'stock' photos.

What do you dislike?

My only issue is that it does not offer as much flexibility for those akin to designing their own graphics. Adjusting the size and things like that can be trickier than expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best free website creator in my opinion. It is just smoother and more user friendly.

I've used this for an online portfolio for a teaching resume and experience.

Weebly review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Perfect for Small Business Owner!"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface Weebly provides to their users. Super clean, easy to use. Seamlessly integrates with a variety of plug-ins and third party sites. I also love the stock imagery and font database. Clean design templates.

What do you dislike?

Some sites don't integrate with Weebly, but it's great for e-commerce. I'm not a huge fan of the login process, but it is seamless nonetheless. Also, some integrations are buggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other platforms out there, but this one is one of the best. Just do your homework with third party updates.

Lead capture and smooth site transitions. The website is a great place for more information about my services, and it gives me a platform to beautifully showcase content unlike any other.

Weebly review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Very user friendly and intuitive"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop feature for adding text, photos, videos, and other elements is very easy. Each element can be further customized through a set of menu options. If you want to further customize your site, the code is available to edit and shows a nice preview as you make changes.

What do you dislike?

SEO can be slightly limiting when it comes to images due to the way they are names when uploaded. Alt Text entries do help with this. Also, sometimes the code editor freezes and doesn't allow saves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use, but sometimes limiting in features unless you know how to add your own or tweak your code - which is readily available for editing.

I am able to build a customized website easily with many great visual features and an easy to navigate site. Through strategic SEO input through the Weebly platform, I've been able to land on page #1 for google searches for my services in my local area. One of the first things people say when we meet was that they really liked my website and that's why they chose me as their photographer.

Weebly review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"It's a grade-A online portfolio-based service, especially for small businesses and artists."

What do you like best?

I've been with Weebly since 2010, and they've always kept up-to-date with the trends of creating and monitoring your business' digital platform. I appreciate their support team, their website building software, and the ease of use, as well as their pricing. In a sea of Squarespace advertisements, I'm sticking with Weebly until the end of time.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were easier access to customization of current templates in the template library; but truly, that's a small complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really look at Weebly before jumping on the Squarespace bandwagon. They've been around longer and know the ropes better, and they're constantly keeping up with current trends as well as Squarespace.

I've been able to sell my sheet music and keep my digital name accessible because of Weebly. Their site-editing software has allowed me to stay current with branding trends, especially as an independent artist fighting every day to stay original and branded as such.

Weebly review by Michael E.
Michael E.

"Great service for do it yourself web builders"

What do you like best?

Weebly has got to be one of the easiest WYSIWYG website builders I have used. The interface is clean, lots of great help. Customer support is always friendly and helpful.

What do you dislike?

its a hosted site, so if you do not have a reliable fast internet service, it makes the interface clunky and non-responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great platform to get your website up and running fast and will look professional.

I am able to get websites up and running quickly, they make everything convenient, from purchasing your domain to launching your first website. Weebly makes it easy to update and organize your site as well, adding and hiding pages as needed is a great feature as well.

Weebly review by Sergio B.
Sergio B.

"An inexpensive way to build sites"

What do you like best?

The easy drag and drop feature that simplifies the process of building a site, being it a site, a blog or even a store. It offers a large amount of templates were you can start of or you can create it from scratch. It gives you the opportunity to create a professional looking site without coding knowledge.

Also, you can assign your own domain for more control over your project.

What do you dislike?

You need to upgrade to a paid plan to use the extra features of the tool. You need a phone number to verify your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's the perfect solution if you want to create a simple site or blog, if you want access to the tool full features you might going to have to upgrade your account.

For me personally it's been good to create good looking blogs. Fast and easy.

Weebly review by Orxan T.
Orxan T.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

I like most the new and stylish tools that other competitors do not provide. Working with Weebly to create or edit your website does not require any codes to do something. Drag and Drop feature will help you too much to do some specific things.

What do you dislike?

We did not experienced any negative things when we are using Weebly. Only small errors which they are not a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is one of the must have softwares for every company.

We bought domain from Weebly and also we are using their free .weebly.com subdomains for our side sites. And it suited us perfectly.

Weebly review by Kim W.
Kim W.

"Great do-it-yourself platform for website building"

What do you like best?

Weebly is very flexible, and can generally do whatever you need it to do fairly easily. New releases come out often, meaning that any functionality you're looking for is likely just around the corner if you don't have it already. There is quite a number of themes available, so you're likely to find something that suits your needs.

What do you dislike?

If you're not familiar with CSS or HTML, brush up. Most modifications require coding changes, and while you can stumble through most of them fairly easily if you're so inclined, some can be quite time-consuming to make. And customizations generally don't resize dynamically for different screens, so test everything you do.

Support is TERRIBLE from weebly if you're looking for any help with CSS or HTML. They will not give you any "how to" help for any customizations. This is VERY frustrating because if you're stuck with some simple detail - where do I find the specific CSS code that's affecting this page - you're on your own. For a platform designed to be so flexible and convenient, this is a huge drawback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use weebly if you're comfortable with CSS / HTML, willing to become comfortable with those (not particularly difficult), or if you're ok building your website using mostly out of the box features. Weebly does make it easy enough to build a professional looking website using their out of the box tools, but you may have to back down your expectations for any extra bells and whistles if you're not willing to build them yourself.

I have built and managed the website for our startup company entirely with Weebly and its available tools. Changes can be made relatively easily, which allows us to be fluid, and pages can be added or redesigned quickly.

Weebly review by Administrator

"Good Platform for Beginners"

What do you like best?

The Weebly interface is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. For someone with limited tech experience, this platform creates a simple way to create a mobile responsive website!

What do you dislike?

Every platform has its small glitches. Examples:

1. If you screw something up, there is no way simple way to "undo" your mistake.

2. The forms feature has a lot to be desired.

3. The calendar apps that Weebly directly integrates do not allow multiple Google calendars to display, which means you need to go into the backend and modify code to get a mobile responsive g cal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is comparable to products like Squarespace, Wix, etc. The interface is simple to use, and their support team is generally really helpful when you have any issues come up. This platform was good for us to launch our business on; however, as we look to scale our business, we are going to need a more sophisticated platform that enable geolocation, a better blog set-up, etc.

We are hosting our business' website on Weebly. It was simple to set-up. The layout is mobile responsive with minimal HTML updates on our end.

Weebly review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Poor Customer Service and Poor Quality Site Builder"

What do you like best?

Honestly, nothing. I just wanted to save money so I tried them out and have been nothing but disappointed.

What do you dislike?

I've had NUMEROUS issues with this company! I have asked for money back for the unused portion several times while explaining all of my issues and they won't help me out. The only thing they could offer was to give me an account credit. Why would I want that? I want away from Weebly. Customer Service is awful and won't help, the site is not as customizable as it should be, and it freezes up a large portion of the time that I try to edit my site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're wanting to use it for Photography, you're better off to spend the extra money and go with Squarespace. It's much more customizable and easy to use. The customer service is much better than Weebly, and the ease of use is better. Much more professional looking than Weebly.

I am using it for website building/hosting. Benefits are just having a website.

Weebly review by Agency
Agency

"Great feature for Weebly Users"

What do you like best?

People feel more confident in Google than Weebly therefore it is a great addition. I like having all the google features at my disposal for my small business.

What do you dislike?

I actually like each part of what this offers. Weebly is great for entry level web designers. The deeper you go the more you realize what you cannot do with Weebly. If you are a first time web designer or a small business owner that needs a website, Weebly is a great first step. If you are working on your SEO and online presence and you have a weebly site, it may be time to upgrade to the next level of web platforms.

Having a Gmail address and other google features for our small business provides a level of credibility without breaking the bank!

Weebly review by Lauren W.
Lauren W.

"Great website builder, great options and competitive prices!"

What do you like best?

If you are looking at building a website and either are just starting off or do not have a lot of time to actually spend making your own please give Weebly a try! This product is great because it offers so many different packages on weather you want the whole golden ticket which would include all the basics and google ad's (GREAT GREAT GREAT for marketing! ) and email marketing and a free domain at a competitive price of $49 per month. Speed and security and pricing are all pros for me when I used Weebly.

What do you dislike?

One big downside of Weebly when I used it was the content management system. It seems pretty easy to use and you can manage all the pages on your site, but lets say you have 10 plus pages on your site... The system is not very efficient. If you are into advanced marketing tools such as EV SSL, and or custom email tools you may feel this is a little behind the time. It does have basic marketing tools, which are great to use if you are just starting!

I used Weebly for personal use of a small business I was trying to start off in the apparel industry. I was new to the website building world and read great reviews about the ease of helpfulness of Weebly. The prices were great to start off with and they really helped me market my business and get traffic on my website which turned into sales! Win Win for me!!

Weebly review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Weebly makes web development easy, clean, and functional for the non-coder"

What do you like best?

I have limited formal experience with front-end development and complex coding languages, so this was the ideal tool for me to create a website that looks professional without necessarily developing the hard skills to do so. The platform has many diverse templates to choose from — from shopping platforms to portfolio models — that still allows for customization.

What do you dislike?

While I was trying to add custom features to my personal website, I discovered Weebly does have some limitations on to what extent you can customize. Custom code for different widgets is often in different places and hard to figure out where to locate. There also aren't easy, simplified instructions on how to approach this, either. Doing any extensive customization takes a lot of trial and error by simply figuring out where to access the code.

I used Weebly to create a personal website that serves as a professional development and marketing tool for my former job searching. It allowed me to share a simple link that showed both my writing skills and my interests in digital publishing. All of my writing and publishing samples — which are too many to print and share in physical form — are easily organized and displayed for others to view and learn more about me. The custom code on Weebly allowed me to display more of my unique personality and for me to create a website the fulfilled a specific purpose.

Weebly review by Paulette S.
Paulette S.

"Weebly is an easy, affordable tool for SMBs to build a professional Web presence"

What do you like best?

Mobile ready and responsive templates that are easily customizable for a unique look and feel to match your brand.

What do you dislike?

Blog and Site Content not transferrable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even though Weebly is easy to use and has tons of tutorials, we’d definitely recommend using a professional Web designer to get started. Just be sure to pick a company that will provide you with personal, customized training.

Gives clients the solution of not needing a “Webmaster” for routine changes and updates

Gives “Webmasters” (in the niche of SBMs) the benefit of taking on unlimited clients with ease, allowing infinite growth.

Allows Web service providers to enjoy an additional stream of passive income with an affiliate program.

Weebly review by Tiffany N.
Tiffany N.

"Weebly is a convenient tool for quick websites for personal and professional use."

What do you like best?

I've used Weebly for years, I created websites in college for blogs, at work for temporary websites accessed by residents, and for professional resources as my resume portfolio.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more design features in the templates. I really like the setup and ease of use but wish I could use more customizable templates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a website that is very affordable with basic design features--Weebly is the perfect option! As someone who is not a website designer, I've created some fun websites through this vendor.

We are solving the problem of residents needing information on projects impacting them at any time by viewing the Weebly site. Our current website isn't as user-friendly and Weebly serves a great purpose through our website transition.

Weebly review by MARIBEL A.
MARIBEL A.

"As a physician Weebly has allowed me to have online presence at a remarkable cost"

What do you like best?

If a physician can do it, anyone can! As doctors we are busy and are centered on learning, treating patients, saving lives and not necessarily building our own webpages. This certainly makes us pay large amount of money to promote our business out in the online world. With weebly, I feel these two barriers are removed from the picture and allow us, especially solo physicians maintaining a low overhead, a fantastic, easy and affordable way to create our page, the way we like it!

What do you dislike?

Difficulties in getting to Customer Service. Recently I have lost my password and it has been quite difficult to get into the platform, as I can't get to the place in the platform, nor to a contact number by googling in order to solve this problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always create a copy of the website you are building as a back up. Maintaiin passwords accessible as it is difficult to contact customer service should you not be able to retrieve it.

Weebly gives me a chance to not only build my website, but to have a place to get my patients to theirPortal account when they forget how to do it; and it has assisted me in creating a dedicated e-mail with aliases ; w/o having to open other e-mail accounts. In addition, by having multiple applications available to their users, I can now create tables, and make better designs without leaving the platform.

Weebly review by Crystal D.
Crystal D.

"Used to maintian my boutique website."

What do you like best?

I like that it is easy to use even if you do not have a lot of experience with setting up a website.

What do you dislike?

My main issue is that the app does not have as much editing options as the website. Sometimes I need to be able to edit things on the go and I cannot do everything on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend Weebly if you are new to website development and want to save money to DIY.

I like the ease of use when setting up a website on my own, without the expense of having to hire a company to do it. I had someone give me a quote to set up my boutique website and it was going to cost $5000 - $7500. Doing it my self saved me a tremendous amount of money.

Weebly review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

The easiest website building software to use. Clients can manage and update themselves! It's fairly flexible, so my small clients can easily get a website that they can update with their products and services on their own. It's so easy to make changes and the website looks smooth and professional. It offers entry-level SEO and meta tag options, and with upgrades can become more personalized. Upgrades include ecommerce features, favicon customization, etc.

What do you dislike?

Does have less capabilities than some others, which is the downside of its extreme ease of use. If you want to really dig into SEO with mutli-level keywords and slugs, this isn't great. It's rather simple. But if a small client is going from no website to having one, this is fantastic. They can maintain for next-to-nothing and upgrade when they are ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Dig into what you need. If you don't "need" much and don't have time or expertise to really dig into customizations, SEO, and other advanced features, then this is for you. If you need those higher level items, and have time to execute properly, perhaps another platform would be best. This has room for you to grow, but not endlessly. Whereas if you really want to expand, you'll need to go with WordPress.

I have been able to provide small (SMALL) business owners with their own website.

Weebly review by Administrator

"Create a website quickly, without hassle."

What do you like best?

For friends and clients I often have a need to produce simple (but good looking) websites. I've tried all of the big different drag & drop do it yourself website tools (Wordpress, SquareSpace, Wix). I've found Weebly to be the best compromise on ease of use and price.

I use Weebly when I need to get a website up and running very quickly, and don't want to spend a long time building a custom site. I can now get a basic website up for a project in a few hours. The main benefit is that the site will look good, modern, will automatically be responsive on mobile devices, and there is no hassle to maintain it.

Weebly is especially good when you are building a site and need to hand control over it to someone with minimal technical ability, as it's by the far the easiest for non tech-savvy people to edit. Anyone that can use Facebook has the technical ability to edit text and add photos.

A great feature of Weebly is that you can build out a site for free (on a .weebly.com subdomain) show it to all the interested parties and check everyone's happy before paying for a package to add it to a custom domain.

What do you dislike?

To be clear Weebly is not the most customisable option. Most of the time this is to it's credit - as there is far less to go wrong. But occasionally there are limitations that cause a hinderance to the basic usage of the platform - for example when you want to change a font and you are limited by what you can do within the template.

Whilst the pricing is very reasonable when you're using Weebly for business purposes, when you're using it for other projects (blogs, personal websites etc) it is a bit pricey. Especially, when additional (basic) functionality is chargeable on more expensive tiers.

It would be good if there were some more pricing plans for power users. Almost every month I have some charges for Weebly coming off my credit card (for one website or another), but with me having dozens of sites it would be nice to have a power user plan that charged me once for all my usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With all of these do-it-yourself website building platforms there are either free tiers or free trials. I suggest the first time you need to build a website that you sign up to all of them (SquareSpace, Weebly, Wix, Wordpress.com) on free trials and start to create the basics of your website. There's no need to build the whole thing, just choose a template and start customising it.

You'll soon see which ones you find easiest to use, and which ones will meet your needs. Then I would confirm the pricing you'll be paying on your favourites ones, and make a choice.

I needed to quickly spin up websites without the hassle of employing designers, developers and wasting time.

Weebly review by Lauren C.
Lauren C.

"Great Price, Great Platform"

What do you like best?

When making a website not many people without experience know how to code and what not. That is why Weebly is a very beginner friendly option. It is a drag and drop website builder. I especially like how easy everything is to set up. From the email box to just the over all look and functionality of building my site.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily like that I have to purchase a plan and domain name to remove the add from my website. I built my whole first site before I realized that I couldn't remove ads from it with just the free option. Also with the free plan in your domain name, it will say "/weebly.com" until you sign up for some sort of subscription. But that's not even that bad. It's expected in most builder websites like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is for beginners and the experienced looking to make and maintain a website. As long as you don't mind paying a monthly lower charge this is usually one of the cheaper but still good options. It is all drag and drop. Meaning titles, paragraphs, pictures are all easy to set up and arrange. Seo options are also easy to set up.

With Weebly, I am getting so much more attention to my product. It's an inexpensive option to advertising your product. Therefore I can pay more attention to my business and not how much it will cost.

Weebly review by Olivia T.
Olivia T.

"I wish i had gone with BigCommerce"

What do you like best?

I like the templates available for quick and easy set up. The website is very easy to create and manage. They have a great smooth checkout and store front. Another plus is the analysis of sales right on the dashboard, this makes it easy to track sales from month to month. Also the community is very helpful. I like the variety of plans they offer as well.

What do you dislike?

The price point is ridiculous for someone starting up as a small business. My startup costs were around $320 and I don't even have the best package. Also the apps/widgets available are so limited. I am constantly finding a great service, only to find out it doesn't work on the weebly platform. The apps they do offer are ridiculously priced. The community might be great, but the actual weebly support is horrible. They give you some pretyped answer that isn't even related to your problem. Im am to invested at this point, but I wish i had chosen another platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at all of your options before choosing a platform. If you are a commerce based site, then I would look elsewhere.

My business website looks professional (after hours and hours of editing) and it is nice to have a smooth checkout. I definitely have a unique look due to my competitors using other platforms (good or bad, im not sure) & since all of my sales are online I am grateful that this platform exists.

Weebly review by Amy W.
Amy W.

"Easy to Navigate, Professional look!"

What do you like best?

I can use templates and pre-set designs for quick setup, there are lots of apps to connect to my website and the results look professional!

What do you dislike?

There are a couple small glitches at times, but trial and error helps you overcome them. Would be great to have even more apps to connect to the site for more flexibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the Weebly app for instant access to stats and more about your website!

One-stop website for me as I have a variety of different audiences who want access to information I put out into the world. Great to have just one website with a few tabs that separate out content for difference audiences.

Weebly review by Administrator in Medical Devices
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Easy to use and friendly interface - overall, happy!"

What do you like best?

I got weebly almost 6 years ago when I began my business. It was of course, one of the first site builders tha showed up on Google, but I found it was also one of the easiest to use and build a site from. I love the pre-made layouts, the ability to add and edit pages easily, and the store functionality.

What do you dislike?

I think the run-speed of the site could be faster. There is also not a ton of opportunity to further customize and edit different areas of the page, really for the less savvy html-er and allows less options for someone more advanced in this area. Either way, still overall very happy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a website, but are not as savvy as you would like, weebly is the place for you. It is an easy to use interface that allows a huge amount of funcitonality. Not quite as much as wordpress, but depending on your business needs, that is sometimes not necessary. Overall, great product and have enjoyed using.

I love the ability to add an online store and request appointment forms. These are huge for a photography businessa and e-commerce solutions. Streamlines the process and delievers updates right to my inbox when someon requests an appointment or pays online.

Weebly review by Elaine G.
Elaine G.

"Easy WYSIWYG website creator for nonprofit use"

What do you like best?

We had made an event specific website and had to change the format based upon our Executive Directors comments. It was easy to make the changes and updates so that was our main feature that we appreciated.

What do you dislike?

Somewhat limited in the designs of the webpages and fonts. Sometimes the fonts would appear different on different browsers and computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out the website formats/design/layouts to make sure it meets your needs.

The ability to make changes to a website quickly and easily. It's so simple we've been able to have many different people help make changes

Weebly review by Albina W.
Albina W.

"Weebly review"

What do you like best?

I like most its design and modern features, with Weebly you don't have to know any HTML, CSS commands to create and edit your website. Drag and Drop feature will help you too much.

What do you dislike?

Of course you can create domain as ".com" , but main domains are too high. Features and tools are same in both version. And I need new templates, and more customizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget about others and just give Weebly try.

Weebly is the main tool for our website and we'r so excited. It works properly and our customers like our website.

Weebly review by Michal .
Michal .

"A Great website builder, especially if you are willing to spend some money"

What do you like best?

Weebly offers the easiest interface of all the website builders I have tried. Also, the themes available in Weebly are simply beautiful, and make your website look very professional.

What do you dislike?

Weebly does not offer a multitude of great features within its basic free version. Some investment is necessary.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your website to look professional without any coding involved, then try this software.

I use Weebly for creating websites for clients who need it fast and don't want to spend a lot of money on it.

Weebly is very user friendly, which enables me to put together a website within days.

Also, Weebly offers a great price-value versions, which helps me to adjust to each client's preference.

Weebly review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"The Quickest Route to a Professional Website"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, and the speed with which you can create something world class. Templates and elements work like a dream, and while there are some restrictions, it is more than good enough for 90% of business owners

What do you dislike?

The fact that you do not get any email addresses for free with a domain which you register through Weebly. You are forced to buy Google Apps which is pretty expensive per email address if you have a team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is free to use initially, until you go and connect a domain. It has a very quick and easy learning curve. It is very powerful and offers a lot of different styles of websites, from a simple blog to a fully functional eCommerce website with integrations. Feature rich interface is so easy to use, with the ability to drag elements of all shapes, sizes and uses easily into builder. I would recommend this product to anybody who needs a website to be fast, responsive, quick to set up and professional looking. Don't hestitate!

I have made a good amount of cash from freelancing using Weebly, and have made many websites for clients using it. It is by far the quickest way to a satisfied customer.

Weebly review by Morris I.
Morris I.

"Great for personal use"

What do you like best?

Very simple and easy to use interface. Ability to drag and drop, use templates and create additional pages, all without knowing anything about code or html

What do you dislike?

After a while all the templates start to look basically the same. It is also very time intensive to get everything right for both mobile and desktop

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very user-friendly product for simple sites including basic ecommerce. Definitely prefer this over wordpress.

I was using Weebly to create my personal brand. I found it to be more robust than something like about.me

Weebly review by Marcelo d.
Marcelo d.

"Excellent for small projects and training"

What do you like best?

Weebly is a intuitive platform for creating websites with minimum effort. Probably it won't work for people and companies which require websites more robust or with more advanced functions, but for most of freelancers and small business Weebly will be able to provide a professional looking website with a very small investiment of time.

Additionally, I found it particularly useful when teaching webdesign principles for non-technical students. Weebly allows my students to focus on visual aspects of a website without having to look on the coding aspect. So, it is also an excellent tool for teaching.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface could be a bit more clear. Also, the "building blocks" sometimes join in unexpected way and that creates some problems. Weebly would also benefit of a Undo function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is not recommended to people who need robust websites or very specific online spaces, but for freelancers and small business it is an excellent option, allowing to create professional looking websites with minimum effort and previous knowledge. However, some tinkering with the templates is advised in order to avoid having a site similar to many others in Weebly.

It allows to build small sites with minimum effort and it has been particularly useful for teaching webdesign principles to non-technical students.

Weebly review by Noelle W.
Noelle W.

"Easy and Improving"

What do you like best?

It's hard to pick one thing about Weebly to discuss - years ago as I began to design my website I went through a variety of different options: Wix, Wordpress, etc. When I first started using Weebly it was fairly barebones, but even then what stood out about using Weebly was how user friendly it was. Throughout the years I have built a variety of different websites, some were websites that I started totally for scratch and others were from website builders that bragged about their ease of use. Weebly is quick to learn and intuitive with a drag and drop design that is attractive and clean. Once you get comfortable with the system, it's easy to customize the website to look exactly as you'd like it with more experienced users being able to delve in to the CSS and HTML while still being able to take advantage of quick editing. As a photographer, this drag and drop design is incredibly important to me as I am regularly updating and adding to my website and need to be able to do it without needing to find assistance. Even better, I can do almost everything I need to on this one website designer with things like E-Commerce, Mailing Lists, Maps, and Surveys already being available.

What do you dislike?

There are few bumps that I have run into with Weebly - in fact, as the website designer has improved over the years most of these bumps have been solved. The biggest issue I have run into has probably been the password protection for multiple users. Although the designer does allow you to add a password to a website, it only allows 1 password and once a user has this password they can access anything that was password protected. As a boudoir photographer I prefer to have a personalized password for each client's page. There is a slight workaround the problem - users can be added as members and individual pages can be limited to only be viewed by selected users, however the solution is time consuming and clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't be afraid of taking advantage of everything Weebly offers, and if you're comfortable with CSS or HTMl you can do great things with improving the image of your website.

Almost everything - as a website designer, Weebly has proven incredibly useful. I am able to use my website to advertise my business (price & package descriptions, specials, booking), show my work through galleries, deliver clients' digital products (personal gallery pages, digital image distribution), and sell my work.

Weebly review by Joanna M.
Joanna M.

"Weekly is intuitive and easy to make a professional website"

What do you like best?

As someone who doesn't know anything about website design, weebly made it easy and intuitive to drag and drop things into place to really customize my website. I have use weekly for a personal website and a professional blog. Both looked very sharp. I also like all of the customizable layouts.

What do you dislike?

I remember sometimes having a bit of a lag between changing something and it being implemented. Also, I think the hits feature may be inflated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Weebly is a great website for beginners who want a professional looking website or blog.

Getting my name out there, self promotion

Weebly review by Jennifer P.
Jennifer P.

"Easy and Professional "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to set up and customize my website. I do not have any formal training in website design but Weebly is very self explanatory and has a great tutorial section available. It is also easy to update and change information, which I do frequently. I even created a blog that could also be integrated with my Facebook Page.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how you can not pay for the premium features on a monthly basis. Instead of being charged, for example, $3.99 from month to month, I have to pay $160 up front.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a professional website with basic to moderate features, Weebly is great.

I have found that in today's market, an online presence is mandatory. Weebly solves this problem by letting me set out a space of my own for clients to find me and see what products and services I offer. Having a website designed and maintained can also be a big expense so Weebly enables to average business owner to erase the middle man and complete this task themselves.

Weebly review by Chrys D.
Chrys D.

"Pretty Flexible, Beautiful Designs, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Weebly offers beautiful templates and a working shopping cart. I like that it's really easy to make it look professional. The small things are there, like being able to mark products on sale, create coupon codes, and start a blog. I'd consider it equal to a custom-made site in terms of beauty and functionality. I love that any changes I make are instant. I have found the interface so friendly that I update my site often.

What do you dislike?

I really wish Weebly was integrated with Ordoro for bulk shipping, but I did switch over to Goshippo, which they are integrated with. It works similarly, I just preferred Ordoro. Sometimes when I mark something as shipped in GoShippo, the list of orders on Weebly doesn't update and I must manually mark them as shipped.

I find it frustrating that I cannot create two shopping carts without paying for two websites. I have a wholesale and retail section to my site, and I would like wholesale shoppers to have their own cart. But for now this will work just fine.

I remember when I signed up I wished for even more template options. I did find the ones at Wix to be prettier.

I wanted my website to look beautiful, and it didn't seem necessary to invest in a completely custom solution. I needed to be able to edit and maintain the site myself. I looked at Wix first, but after signing up I realized it lacked some necessary functionality. Weebly was the solution.

Weebly review by Tirdad B.
Tirdad B.

"Great and easy "

What do you like best?

How simple the layout is and how easy it's to use it for any project. I have used weebly for creating online stores to demonstrate how a website should look for a business.

What do you dislike?

Maybe some of the limitations compared to other websites. I believe other sites give more options to choose from when using their service. Its very limited and choices are not available compared to blogspot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitly recommended others to use weebly. Its an great tool to improve your business online presence and great content, especially for the blog portion of the site. Me and my team are very happy with weebly and we are using it a lot for our business. I know friends that enjoyed weebly so much that they are using it for their personal use, such as health and fitness webpage.

Having a website store and a blog. The blog has been create since we are using it weekly by updating industry related news towards the website. It has increased traffic tremendously for us and we very happy with our choice of service. Weebly has helped traffic and impressions for us and its easy to use with seo tags.

Weebly review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Good platform for small businesses with ever expanding functionality"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use platform, which is great for small businesses to be able to update and change their website without having to have programming knowledge or having to hire someone to do it for them.

What do you dislike?

Theme choices are limited. Functionality still needs to be expanded, especially on the blog. The gray interface is really a bad choice. It used to be in color and the change is the number one complaint from clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a small business or non-profit and don't have the need for extensive functionality, Weebly is highly recommended for its ease of use, nice design features, and strong SEO capabilities.

Weebly does pretty well on search engines like Google. SEO has improved for clients and they are more likely to make needed updates because of the easy interface.

Weebly review by Hannah B.
Hannah B.

"Weebly, it's not that bad. "

What do you like best?

It was great that you don't have to know HTML or other online languages to design your website.

What do you dislike?

Full disclosure, I was operating with the free version of Weebly that doesn't have all the features. That being said, there was no way to really customize your design without knowing HTML. Also, with the free version you have to have YourWebsiteName.WEEBLY.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider paying for Weebly on a trial basis. The free version was nice for being free, but the paid version offers a lot more support and options for web design.

In addition to that, I would be sure your site is optimized for mobile use.

Weebly provided us a free platform to promote our organization. It was great to have that ability.

Weebly review by Grant F.
Grant F.

"Best website design software for small businesses "

What do you like best?

Weebly manages everything for you. You can easily add products, get shipping numbers, keep track of views and purchases, and more with extreme ease. The templates and drag and drop functionality makes it so easy that my grandmother could use it, and as a matter of fact, she does!!

What do you dislike?

It is limited in what you can do, specifically in adding in your own program, HTML, editing the source code, and sling things like changing the background color behind the text. Also, having the website builder online is beneficial at times, but there should at least be a desktop edition. That would be great because you would get windows 10 notifications whenever somebody buys something, making long webpages wouldn't be freezing up because of taking up so much space, and you could work on the webpage offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it. That's all I can say.

I use it to create and manage my company's promo website and I also manage my grandparents' art sale website. It is very easy for my grandmother to process payments and send messages to customers directly

Weebly review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Love the editor, templates & flexibility"

What do you like best?

I like the WYSIWYG editor and the flexibility it provides. You can choose from templates with no coding experience, but at the same time you can go into the HTML/CSS and make changes to fit your needs. I have the paid subscription and it provides so many great widgets and tools to make your website stand out from the rest.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs/glitches when editing that you have to get used to (the page refreshes randomly, some things move around and you have to move them back, etc.). However, once you get the hang of the editor you know how to control it and get good results.

We've streamlined all of our company websites by using the Weebly platform. You can copy/duplicate sites, customize SEO, etc. which really helps with analytics and increasing customer traffic to our sites.

Weebly review by Branch W.
Branch W.

"Makes Creating and Updating Website Easy!"

What do you like best?

Easy drag and drop interface. Pages you create in Weebly look like the pages on the web. No surprises.

Plenty of plugins to enhance Weebly are available. This is a great app for people who want a website, but do not want to spend a year learning how to use the app.

What do you dislike?

Minor dislike. I have a membership site within Weebly. When customers sign up, I do not get a notification. I have to manually check. Not a big deal, but it would nice to receive a notification.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stopping wasting time and have a professional looking website that gets results.

Problem solved is having a professional looking website without of spending a lot of time.

Benefits: professional looking website that helps me with sales.

Weebly review by User

"Great for Beginners or Amateur Bloggers"

What do you like best?

I actually wasn't too enthused over my experience with Weebly. There was nothing wrong with it, but I had heard how easy it is to use, but I didn't like the drag and drop concept it's built on.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the way he site I tried to build looked. I only used the free version, and was going to switch to paid, but it didn't fit my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's pretty easy to use, if you just need somethign kind of basic, and don't have time to learn more advanced website building techniques, it would be a handy option.

I wanted a fast, easy way to build a cool looking site. And, it looked okay, but it didn't ""wow" me. I would recommend it if you just need to get a site up and online quickly, but for professional quality sites, I would try a different provider.

Weebly review by Keely Q.
Keely Q.

"Almost but not quite"

What do you like best?

The drag and drop feature is so easy to use, and it's easy to access the CSS and HTML to customize sites. The designer platform is amazing and an excellent addition to our agency.

What do you dislike?

The platform is INCREDIBLY glitchy and inconsistent. I will do the same things over and over with different results and far too often the platform freezes and I lose my changes. To top it off, the customer service is very poor and we have had several issues dealing with them. The idea is great and we want to love Weebly, but there are so many problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For basic websites the platform is great, beware of the glitches as you attempt to build out a more complicated site and best of luck when searching for good customer service.

This platform makes website creation and maintenance accessible to small business owners, many of whom would be completely lost in Wordpress. It is a great tool to hand over to our clients to allow to edit.

Weebly review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Easy to Use Portfolio"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, User-Friendly and intuitive to use - premade layouts/templates with the ability to change templates without having to rebuild the content, ease of use (drop and drag toolbar), it's a bit more minimalistic that other competitor sites (clean, less cluttered).

What do you dislike?

It is very code based to get the layout look you envision. Competitor websites have more tools and non-code based styling control that is way more flexible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

simple, easy, minimalistic, intuitive

Weebly provides a website that you can build rather easy and quick when you don't have time to learn and become proficient with other similar sites. Also, if you don't want to spend a lot of money, Weebly would be the go to choice. If you don't mind being simple (yet elegant), Weebly is a website that you can build yourself to be just that.

Weebly review by Brian R.
Brian R.

"Simple Effective Website Creator"

What do you like best?

I've used Weebly for the past 5 years or so and it does what it's supposed to-Allows you to create websites with no knowledge of coding, in a clean and easy to use interface. For more advanced users that want to fine tweak and perfect the layout, it also offer access to the HTML and CSS code on the free plan.

A free URL is provided, and you can link your own URL from sites like GoDaddy, or purchase one from Weebly (If you want a fully custom address instead of the http://weebly.yoursite.com, that it provides).

What do you dislike?

Since this is an online website editor, internet speeds can affect performance. Not so much a downside, as something to keep in mind when using this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to make a website and don't know or don't want to do coding, give it a try. The basic package is free and has pretty much all the features you need for a full, usable website. It provides simple page organization tools, good layout features and is browser based so it can be accessed from any computer.

The various paid versions offer embedding of HD video and audio, a search bar and access to the Weebly Statistics. In my opinion it's best to stick to the free version and add video through YouTube or other sites with embeddable media players. Google statistics is far more accurate than Weebly statistics, and is free to use.

I use this for my business website. It is easy to update in a matter of minutes, which for me is important, because I update it on an almost daily basis.

Weebly review by Kyle O.
Kyle O.

"Great tool for building a website"

What do you like best?

Weebly makes it easy for me to quickly update my bio, photos, and website style. I am able to navigate the site easily, make quickly changes, and have complete control over the content on my website. I enjoy having the ability to easily embed Youtube links, galleries, audio files, etc.

What do you dislike?

I have to pay to remove the Weebly tag at the bottom of my page. While not the most expensive subscription on the planet, it is enough to make me cringe.

I am advertising for my personal business. Weebly has given me a clear, professional-looking website I can direct people to. It is a great place to host my website, to store my professional videos, photos, bio, etc.