WePay

Showing 49 WePay reviews
WePay review by <span>Logan H.</span>
Logan H.

Visibility is an issue

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the service and the integration with And.co were huge selling points to me.

What do you dislike?

I had issues with customer service initially. After sending an email to management, I had someone assigned to speak to over the phone, which was a very positive and helpful experience. Still things that need to be worked out, but I feel they are moving in the right direction.

The real struggle for me is the lack of visibility with fund reserves. Once you pass your set limit, your funds are placed on reserve for several days. I don't feel the platform gives enough clarity to where the money is/when will be dispersed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it if you are a freelancer bringing in relatively small amounts of revenue through the platform each week, or a business whose cash flow isn't dependent on prompt reception of new funds. It's very convenient, but not the best fit for everyone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WePay
WePay review by <span>Rachel H.</span>
Rachel H.

Quick, Simple, Effective

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the account setup made it fast and easy to get going with payments being received. Guests are able to pay online with a credit card without a prompt to sign in or sign up for an account. I love that very few people are declined for payments, and if there is a typo, they do not have to completely start over, the page stays open without timing out.

What do you dislike?

Not knowing why a payment is declined, but alas thats privacy policy :) I would rather have high security and privacy policies that are strict than have fraud taking place. I do not like the 2 step authentication when it comes to making updates or changes to that. When a phone number is changed and we forget to update our WePay account, it can be a bit of a pain getting back into the account and disabling the 2 step process. But again, its all in the name of security, so it is appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up your account right away, do not delay and miss out on payments.

Allowing site visitors to pay online with a credit card from anywhere in the world. We've realized that there is no currency conversion fee for receiving payments from outside of the US. This is a huge benefit when having friends and family abroad.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

WePay review by <span>Roger D.</span>
Roger D.
Invitation from the software vendor

A no-brainer for our fundraising-software platform

What do you like best?

The speed and ease of onboarding for our customers. Really, it's amazingly quick - which helps a lot when an organization comes to us and says their fundraiser is happening in 3 days and they want to use our software.

What do you dislike?

There have been things we've quibbled with, but honestly - WePay listens, and these have all been at least addressed, if not always resolved exactly the way we'd like. We'd love to not have to require an email address for every payment, but that has not been a stopper for us, just an inconvenience.

We have customers who generally don't have experience dealing with the merchant-processing world, yet really need credit-card processing for their fundraising auctions. The very easiest way we've found to get them up and running is through WePay. This makes life a lot easier for our customer service people, and for our customers.

WePay review by <span>Dicky L.</span>
Dicky L.
Invitation from the software vendor

Great platform for marketplace payment

What do you like best?

I like that WePay provides an API that's easy to use and you can determine and configure who pays for the fee and how much commission that you want to take from each payment. They also provide sample codes and SDKs in various different languages. Overall, I recommend WePay if you are trying to build a marketplace that requires an easy-to-use payment provider.

What do you dislike?

They should provide a plug-in such as JavaScript that we can use to allow accurate calculation that we can show to the end-users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other services that provide similar thing such as Stripes. However, when I evaluate these marketplace payment providers, I look who are their current users and in this case, WePay has provide services to many other high-volume payment customers.

I built a platform: GoSignup.Me where anyone with a Facebook account can create an event to sell tickets or to sell items online which is good for fundraising or other things.

WePay review by <span>Jeff B.</span>
Jeff B.

A Conservative Payments Platform

What do you like best?

Their people treat us with a lot of respect and we have constantly been able to get more and more access to WePay's people and support resources, which has been a massive help to our growing business.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then, a client gets blocked from withdrawing money or an account gets closed with little explanation. The trust and safety team seems to be very conservative, and has even admitted to closing merchant accounts based on user error on their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WePay is a good platform, but if you are in a startup setting and need to move fast - you may want to consider the conservative nature of the approach they take vs. some of their competitors.

WePay has been great for our non profit partners that throw events on ImpactFlow. The low fees, secure transactions and improving interface all add to the fact that WePay has already penetrated the nonprofit market so many event-throwers are already familiar with or have an account with WePay.

WePay review by <span>Eduardo T.</span>
Eduardo T.

Amazingly Responsive Support Team

What do you like best?

The support team and partner representative at WePay are very responsive and helpful. They are quick to answer our questions so that I am able to quickly assist my clients. I can always count on WePay to offer assistance when needed.

What do you dislike?

The website is hard to navigate at times. Logging in is clunky. I get some timeouts often, but I'm sure it is because our account just has a ton of data.

I assist nonprofit organizations with their online fundraising needs. Sometimes our clients are in need of immediate assistance so they can continue to raise money for their important social causes. It's important for me to have a quick and detailed answers to payment processing questions. WePay's team really shows up time after time to assist me and get all the answers I need to help our clients. This not only builds trust in our platform but also with WePay. In the end we all win.

Learn more about WePay

WePay Videos

Learning about WePay?

* We monitor all WePay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.