WePay

Showing 50 WePay reviews
WePay review by Logan H.
Logan H.

"Visibility is an issue"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the service and the integration with And.co were huge selling points to me.

What do you dislike?

I had issues with customer service initially. After sending an email to management, I had someone assigned to speak to over the phone, which was a very positive and helpful experience. Still things that need to be worked out, but I feel they are moving in the right direction.

The real struggle for me is the lack of visibility with fund reserves. Once you pass your set limit, your funds are placed on reserve for several days. I don't feel the platform gives enough clarity to where the money is/when will be dispersed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use it if you are a freelancer bringing in relatively small amounts of revenue through the platform each week, or a business whose cash flow isn't dependent on prompt reception of new funds. It's very convenient, but not the best fit for everyone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WePay
WePay review by Rachel H.
Rachel H.

"Quick, Simple, Effective"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the account setup made it fast and easy to get going with payments being received. Guests are able to pay online with a credit card without a prompt to sign in or sign up for an account. I love that very few people are declined for payments, and if there is a typo, they do not have to completely start over, the page stays open without timing out.

What do you dislike?

Not knowing why a payment is declined, but alas thats privacy policy :) I would rather have high security and privacy policies that are strict than have fraud taking place. I do not like the 2 step authentication when it comes to making updates or changes to that. When a phone number is changed and we forget to update our WePay account, it can be a bit of a pain getting back into the account and disabling the 2 step process. But again, its all in the name of security, so it is appreciated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up your account right away, do not delay and miss out on payments.

Allowing site visitors to pay online with a credit card from anywhere in the world. We've realized that there is no currency conversion fee for receiving payments from outside of the US. This is a huge benefit when having friends and family abroad.

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

WePay review by Roger D.
Roger D.

"A no-brainer for our fundraising-software platform"

What do you like best?

The speed and ease of onboarding for our customers. Really, it's amazingly quick - which helps a lot when an organization comes to us and says their fundraiser is happening in 3 days and they want to use our software.

What do you dislike?

There have been things we've quibbled with, but honestly - WePay listens, and these have all been at least addressed, if not always resolved exactly the way we'd like. We'd love to not have to require an email address for every payment, but that has not been a stopper for us, just an inconvenience.

We have customers who generally don't have experience dealing with the merchant-processing world, yet really need credit-card processing for their fundraising auctions. The very easiest way we've found to get them up and running is through WePay. This makes life a lot easier for our customer service people, and for our customers.

WePay review by Dicky L.
Dicky L.

"Great platform for marketplace payment"

What do you like best?

I like that WePay provides an API that's easy to use and you can determine and configure who pays for the fee and how much commission that you want to take from each payment. They also provide sample codes and SDKs in various different languages. Overall, I recommend WePay if you are trying to build a marketplace that requires an easy-to-use payment provider.

What do you dislike?

They should provide a plug-in such as JavaScript that we can use to allow accurate calculation that we can show to the end-users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other services that provide similar thing such as Stripes. However, when I evaluate these marketplace payment providers, I look who are their current users and in this case, WePay has provide services to many other high-volume payment customers.

I built a platform: GoSignup.Me where anyone with a Facebook account can create an event to sell tickets or to sell items online which is good for fundraising or other things.

WePay review by Jeff B.
Jeff B.

"A Conservative Payments Platform"

What do you like best?

Their people treat us with a lot of respect and we have constantly been able to get more and more access to WePay's people and support resources, which has been a massive help to our growing business.

What do you dislike?

Every now and then, a client gets blocked from withdrawing money or an account gets closed with little explanation. The trust and safety team seems to be very conservative, and has even admitted to closing merchant accounts based on user error on their end.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WePay is a good platform, but if you are in a startup setting and need to move fast - you may want to consider the conservative nature of the approach they take vs. some of their competitors.

WePay has been great for our non profit partners that throw events on ImpactFlow. The low fees, secure transactions and improving interface all add to the fact that WePay has already penetrated the nonprofit market so many event-throwers are already familiar with or have an account with WePay.

WePay review by Eduardo T.
Eduardo T.

"Amazingly Responsive Support Team"

What do you like best?

The support team and partner representative at WePay are very responsive and helpful. They are quick to answer our questions so that I am able to quickly assist my clients. I can always count on WePay to offer assistance when needed.

What do you dislike?

The website is hard to navigate at times. Logging in is clunky. I get some timeouts often, but I'm sure it is because our account just has a ton of data.

I assist nonprofit organizations with their online fundraising needs. Sometimes our clients are in need of immediate assistance so they can continue to raise money for their important social causes. It's important for me to have a quick and detailed answers to payment processing questions. WePay's team really shows up time after time to assist me and get all the answers I need to help our clients. This not only builds trust in our platform but also with WePay. In the end we all win.

WePay review by Ricky J.
Ricky J.

"Great payment gateway for all things crowdfunding"

What do you like best?

We had a great account manager when we first joined that was able to provide a custom solution for us. We were able to integrate within our platform within a few days and started seeing a increase in checkout conversion almost immediately. We attribute much of that to their API, which allowed for a more seamless user experience.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard is limited for data analysis and insights. You are able to export data into excel, but as far as searching the data or reformatting it to find insights and trends, it it very limited.

WePay has allowed us to process payments and offer streamlined ways to distribute funds, but with the option to disperse through checks.

WePay review by Lisa Callagher C.
Lisa Callagher C.

"Clean, simple yet robust application payment processor"

What do you like best?

Support emails were very good and detailed. API documentation is clear and well organized and the integration I've worked on so far has gone well. Pricing is competitive, terms are clear

What do you dislike?

The reporting needs improvement. I'm not able to search from my dashboard on a lot of different fields.

I accidentally broke my (in development) application once by clicking a link that reset my keys - there was no confirmation or warning, and it's in the front middle of the first page of my dashboard.

Support response time is slow. The first sales question I asked went un-answered after 3 hours (business hours) so I sent it to api support (at 6:18 Mountain Time). It was still not answered at 11:20 the next day, so I asked if 16+ hours was typical. I got a very detailed reply after that, including the info that API hours are staffed from 6:30AM-5:30PM PST, Monday-Friday.

I just received the answer to the sales question I asked today - exactly 2 months later.

I am building a marketplace app and needed a way to pay my vendors and get a commission. So far, this looks like it'll fit the bill without being prohibitively expensive or complicated.

WePay review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Great partnership for processing payments"

What do you like best?

We have been using WePay since September 2016 to power our Event Management Platform.

We choose WePay as our payment partner for the following reasons.

1. Easy to integrate API (We completed the integration and testing in weeks)

2. Easy onboarding for our customers to sell tickets immediately

3. Seamless integration options to process refunds with our platform

4. Troubleshooting issues swiftly with their online portal.

5. Lastly, our account manager takes care of understanding our needs and offers tailored recommendations to succeed.

What do you dislike?

The UX for the partner portal can be improved.

Also, when the trust and review team pick up a customer for additional review, they should communicate more proactively to avoid further delays.

Seamless payment account creation for our users

Troubleshoot payment issues swiftly

Track payment processing related stats and understand the metrics better.

WePay review by User

"Excellent service"

What do you like best?

Flexibility in deposit frequency and accurate deposits of our donations into our bank account

What do you dislike?

Not being able to download settlement details directly from site. You have to submit the download request and wait for an e-mail confirmation that the report has been generated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Have them change the notation they put on your customer's credit card statement. Because your name will not be on it unless you get them to change it. This has caused a number of our donors to chargeback their donations due to not recognizing the description on their statement. Now that it's been changed all is well.

Connecting our donation service with our bank account. Seamless coordination with Classy donation service and depositing on the frequency we determined.

WePay review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"WePay makes managing finance extremely easy!"

What do you like best?

WePay monitors all transactions that are received or sent and offers tax documentation. I like that WePay is extremely user-friendly and has exceptional features for monitoring transactions.

What do you dislike?

WePay has full access to your account and can deduct or add finances if a donator has filed a claim. WePay may need to adopt a more user-friendly form and assistance with open cases and rebuttals. I did not like that WePay automatically removes the finances from your account before the case has been settled.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WePay is an extremely easy platform to use and integrates with nearly everything. The support team is very helpful and it is the most reliable platform I have used for money handling.

It integrates with GoFundMe and other donation platforms with ease. It also helped to track transactions and any movement of finances. The tax information that is offered also helps with the next year's taxes and recording the spend.

WePay review by Matthew V.
Matthew V.

"Simple to save "

What do you like best?

What I like best is that I typically get paid faster using WePay than PayPal or other similar credit card processing services as well as you save a few dollars over the course of the month, and for some small start ups every dollar counts. I also use two Zoho programs currently (Invoice and subscriptions) and they separate the transactions out which is nice. Oh and very easy to sign up to get moving forward.

What do you dislike?

Unlike other services I've used in the past, for the business side, unless you use a virtual terminal (or POS) with an integration already you can't really use them. They are not a stand alone system, which for me is fine because I prefer using other virtual terminal systems and just using them for the processing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally do it, they have a lot of good integrations for terminals needed for online companies as well as many more.

I use WePay as a merchant service provider, it was simple to figure out how to use it. Most of the time I just use the virtual terminal (POS) when working with it.

WePay review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Couldn't be more simple"

What do you like best?

WePay sign up is so easy for our clients - if you are used to signing merchant accounts, this will change your life for the better! Sign up only requires a few fields and no supporting documentation is required. Clients do it themselves. Pricing via flat-rate fees also make it an easy sell.

What do you dislike?

It seems that their card verification (ie AVS settings) is quite strict. This makes sense from the standpoint of fraudulent transactions, but can mean that some clients have issues. Still, I don't think this is an error or fault of the system.

Our clients sign up for merchant processing on their own and start taking payments immediately. We don't have to fax or email applications and supporting documents and they can start processing when they need to. It has made our on-boarding process run so smoothly.

WePay review by Greg L.
Greg L.

"Simple & fast implementation"

What do you like best?

WePay team & documentation is great - we got up & running in less than 1 week. In addition, the flexibility of the APIs have allowed us to create a custom flow that has transformed our checkout experience. WePay's Account Management team continues to provide highly-responsive support as we enable new payment offerings.

What do you dislike?

Reporting - I would like to see additional reporting capabilities in the WePay portal to give us additional ways to see data real-time with other filters and date ranges.

Team sports registration. We have significantly improved the checkout experience with WePay which has resulted in an improved conversion rate. Also, the WePay API has allowed us to provide more tools & visibility for our customers to manage their registration transactions.

WePay review by Administrator

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

We can have clients accepting payments without them having to actually do anything. With just a name and email address we can get everything set up, and clients can add their details later. The simple fee structure and access to information on the web makes things easier for clients (and therefore us).

What do you dislike?

The major problem we have dealt with was the requirement that clients provide a full SSN when creating their account. Many clients were not happy with that, and we lost a couple of larger clients over it. However they have just recently changed it so that in most cases only the last 4 digits will be required, so we are hoping this will lead to happier clients. The website can also be a bit confusing for clients. They also channel support through email; getting someone on the phone other than your salesperson will likely be difficult. They are helpful through email, but we have had varied experiences regarding response times.

Not having to wait for clients to create an account with a merchant makes it so that we can quickly and easily get clients set up and accepting donations.

WePay review by Taylor L.
Taylor L.

"Best Payment Processor"

What do you like best?

Out of all of the payment processors I work with, I find that the reporting makes for very simple reconciliation with other platforms that also track transactional data. Additionally, the security team WePay has that monitors for fraudulent activity is an incredible resource to promote to our clients when they experience fraudulent activity. Both of these two things are my biggest selling points in getting clients to switch over to WePay from another processor.

What do you dislike?

When doing troubleshooting I find the website frequently throws 400 errors, and logging in can be very slow with unnecessary error messages that require me to try things more than once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No other processor offers a live team of people monitoring your transactions for fraudulent activity. At best, other processors offer manual fraud filters that must be managed by the organization/business using the service. WePay handles everything for you to ensure fraudulent activity risk is properly mitigated.

We are helping our nonprofit clients reconcile all of the donations that they receive using Classy. They always need to reconcile their Classy Transactions Report with their processor's reporting. We always recommend WePay to our clients because it provides the most streamlined service in terms of withdrawal frequency as well as ease of use for reconciliation.

WePay review by Keith H.
Keith H.

"Great payments platform for non-profit donations "

What do you like best?

We like the fact that new users can so easily sign up with WePay if they are not already signed up with them. This greatly reduces the barrier for action. Likewise, WePay worked with us (DonorTiles.com) to reduce the transaction fees for the non-profits.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are more updates than we'd like. This causes us to have to spend more money on updating out system which is hard for a startup.

Ease of donations made to our non-profit clients.

WePay review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Using Wepay as a processor for Giving Campaigns"

What do you like best?

We Pay does exactly what it says it will do.

What do you dislike?

We did not choose We Pay. It was the chosen processor for an online crowdfunding tool that we have been using and we have found it to be very challenging to not have access to as much data as we would like from this processor. Data that a Non-profit organization needs to have to follow up adequately with donors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our challenges have been largely centered around that teh product is not designed for use with Non-Profits. We have not been able to gather the data needed from donors that are processed through We Pay for our use to follow up with these individuals in an adequate way. We will be migrating to using a different provider to help solve this issue with We Pay.

The We Pay platform does help us process gifts that have come in through a crowdfunding platform. They pay these funds out minus their fees in a timely manner.

WePay review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Payments integration for a global marketplace of high end, unique inventory"

What do you like best?

WePay has been a good partner, with a strong focus on understanding our business and supporting our partnership to ensure long-term success. What I have liked best about their solution has been their team's support of our goals and giving us attention - have never felt like just another customer with WePay.

What do you dislike?

At times, their system has had reliability issues or other technology-related hiccups that have caused stress for us. In fairness, some of these challenges were specific to how we integrated with WePay - in our case there were certain problems that were unlikely to be a big headache for most of their customers, but were painful for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider how much support you'll need from WePay post-integration. I think they're a strong contender when you are in need of a payment partner that will exceed expectations with their account management/support functions.

Our marketplace lacked an on-site payment solution. Buyers had to settle up with sellers offline after the purchase was made. WePay has enabled us to direct users to pay through our site, significantly cutting down the time sellers had to spend chasing payments. Buyers were also able to pay much more easily, without some of the headaches/effort required for offline settlement.

WePay review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Easy to use and great customer service"

What do you like best?

Wepay has a very robust API. Our clients are able to use our platform and Wepay to create an easy checkout experience. The support team is very responsive and pleasant to work with. Daily Payouts is great for those who need quick payouts and off course the free ACH transfers. PCI compliance is kept up to date. The on boarding experience for new clients is very easy

What do you dislike?

The console does not allow you to search for transaction number unless you have the email of the shopper. Orders can sometime stay pending for a day or so. Would be nice if they where approved quicker as additional actions may be pending until payment approved.

Allowing our end users to register an pay in a quick way is key to creating a satisfactory experience. This and delivering sales to merchants quickly helps with their cash flow

WePay review by Brendan M.
Brendan M.

"The evolution of Small Business payment processing"

What do you like best?

I love the approach that WePay takes with their partnerships. They do an amazing job of supporting their partners with technology assistance, knowledge and education, as well an awesome platform to allow merchants to take payments.

When I have an issue/bug that pops up, I know that I do not have to worry about solving it on my own. Within minutes of sending an email over I receive a response back, WePay's support is world class.

WePay's holistic approach to risk and underwriting is nothing short of amazing. They understand that not all decisions can be made by an algorithm and have a real person on the other end of each risk decision that is made. When a non-favorable decision is made, I understand the exact reasons why they said "no". This allows me to provide even more knowledge and best practices to my customer base.

What do you dislike?

There is a small percentage of cards within our merchant base that will be declined when processed through WePay. However, the same exact attempt on the same card is successfully processed through another gateway immediately after being declined through WePay.

Our partnership solves the pain and frustration small businesses encounter within the merchant services industry. Small businesses are not afforded the same conveniences and privileges that are afforded to larger companies. There has been an undue stigma associated with small business as a whole within the merchant services industry. This stigma lead to predatory pricing, assessment of large reserves, confusing fee structures, limited support and a slew of barriers to entry.

WePay does not believe in the aforementioned stigma. They provide a seldom found service: simple and flat pricing, assessment of reserves only as a last resort, flat fee structure, world class support and almost zero barriers to entry. They provide a world class product that levels the playing field for small businesses and allows them the ability to compete with their larger competitors.

WePay review by Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Reliable partner solution"

What do you like best?

WePay is super easy to use and the prompt customer service is fantastic. We enjoy being able to work with WePay as a team to solve issues for our customers in real time.

What do you dislike?

Some of the policies & procedures are cumbersome, such as not being able to update a beneficiary once funds have exited the account or not being able to link WePay accounts for multiple platforms to a single email address. I understand they're all in the spirit of safety & security, however it creates some difficulties for our particular use case.

WePay allows users to process payments through our website quickly, affordably and with a great additional layer of customer support.

WePay review by Consultant in Fund-Raising
Consultant in Fund-Raising

"WePay and GoFundMe - A Great Team"

What do you like best?

Love the team. Our account managers have always been responsive and polite. Even when I ask for things that are impossible my concerns are taken seriously and alternate solutions are offered. WePay has worked closely with our team over the last 4 years. During that time they have taken our feedback seriously and made changes to their product to better serve our customers and our team. It has been a great partnership.

What do you dislike?

This isn't incredibly common, but I wish it was easier to manage multiple payment accounts. In cases where customers have multiple payment accounts running at once, it can be frustrating to have to setup withdrawals and KYC for each one individually.

I work in GoFundMe's Trust and Safety team and WePay's risk engine and team add value to our work everyday. The systems that identify and block fraud donors are greatly augmented by a smart and responsive team that does an excellent job communicating with our team.

WePay review by Jennifer E.
Jennifer E.

"WePay is great for crowdfunding payments!"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of WePay is fantastic. It really is so simple to use and you do not need any prior experience in order to use it. Fantastic. It is very nice to see a software with such simplicity.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely solid company that you can stand behind.

Being able to use a software such as this for payments takes the legwork out of it. Very nice.

WePay review by Jared K.
Jared K.

"WePay totally rocks!"

What do you like best?

I love the integration with Infusionsoft Payments. Sign up was super simple and easy to connect my bank account.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The partnership between WePay and Infusionsoft has literally made this the easiest sign up process I've ever seen. I've had friends who've had to fill out really lengthy applications and forms in order to get their accounts created. This was very simple.

Getting a merchant provider is challenging for a small business owner like me and takes a lot of paperwork, but with the built in integration with Infusionsoft it was super simple to get my account connected and to start seeing payments deposited into my bank account.

WePay review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great software, would love enhanced customer service"

What do you like best?

We've been using WePay since 2016 to power our Sports Crowdfunding platform. The software works efficiently with no downtime as far as we are concerned, as well as flawlessly from our end-user perspective. Unlike other such vendors it does require a little bit more technical (developer) knowledge to use.

What do you dislike?

Our main issue is access to customer service. The only help available is via email, often 24-48 hrs after the request. When contact is made, their technical knowledge and willingness to help is great. But it's often frustrating to wait. :)

Split payments is what we were looking for, for our online platform.

WePay review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"We Pay "

What do you like best?

WePay allowed me to be paide for business services from the USA to Canada. I was very comfortable using the secured site to recieve my payments.

What do you dislike?

I wan't disappointed. This service worked well for my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We Pay is a secure service for transferring money from Canada to USA, for my situation. I would recommend WePay to others it worked easily, and problem free. It is also helpful for fundraising or startup in any request for money that you may need, or for donations. It was easy to access payment, and to recieve funding.

My employer was not living full time where I worked and lived, plus was not a USA citizen. I was vey happy to have WePay to resolve our payment delimas.

WePay review by Daryl H.
Daryl H.

"Marketplace payment processing without the standard hassles"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility of the WePay business support team helping us deal with risk issues for some of the customers of our crowdfunding system. They evaluate each deal and opportunity on its merits and not just on a rigid set of automated rules.

What do you dislike?

We would like the system to be more globally available outside of just the US, Canada and the UK.

We use WePay as the default payment provider for our crowdfunding system.

WePay review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Great company, great product"

What do you like best?

Great support from the technical team whenever we had questions during integration, and afterwards. Very simple to use. Gives us good visibility on the transactions that have processed and allows us to provide support to our customers better than we can on any other gateway.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the API logs do not load when we want to look at them. But that's my only issue.

Easily be able to sign up customers to receive payment while taking out out our fees at source. This simplifies billing and avoids customers being hit with a large invoice. Customers receive their money fast. And they provide excellent support.

WePay review by Administrator in Computer Software

"not as well as their competitors"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the implementation isn't as intuitive as what I have experienced with PayPal or stripe so definitely needs an improvement

What do you dislike?

Their service isn't as reliable as other competitors and I have experienced downtime in their service when I tried to make a transaction as a user

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would look into other products, Paypal is very popular for a reason but their rates are something to take into consideration before diving into this product.

The business problem it is solving is quick payment from users for conversion on our site. The user's info are stored so just a few clicks of a button allows them to purchase our goods.

WePay review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Enjoy the flexibility and support WePay gives me"

What do you like best?

WePay allows us to provide a simple and seamless solution to collect revenue for our events. The fast payout is a huge plus for our customers and an important differentiator for us. Their support is also top notch, which is helpful in the fast-paced world of online processing.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike. The few dislikes we did have (having to enter your whole SSN) has since been fixed. They do a great job of listening to feedback.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Nothing but good things to say. They have worked well with us and we are very happy with their system.

WePay enables our customers to have a faster and more convenient way to collect their ticketing revenue. It's a huge benefit to us as it allows us to become a more compelling ticketing company overall.

WePay review by Joseph H.
Joseph H.

"MedGift Loves WePay"

What do you like best?

Two Key things: 1) WePay's simple to integrate set of API's make it easy for your development team to embed WePay capabilities into your site. 2) WePay unique capabilities to set up accounts for your crowdfunding donors, process their transactions and deposit the proceeds into your merchant account.

What do you dislike?

It takes customer support typically 1 day to respond to any email supported request issues.

Collecting donations to our user's campaigns while also collecting contributors to our not for profit from donors.

WePay review by Bill K.
Bill K.

"We are a partner with WePay to enable our customers to collect payment"

What do you like best?

The quick sign up process for our customers

What do you dislike?

Disputes can be an issue as we are not the merchant of record.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare with other such as Auth.net, Stripe, etc and believe you will choose WePay

Enablling customers to collect payments. Has made out product offering much more attractive.

WePay review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Easy integration, simple user experience for customer, excellent support"

What do you like best?

WePay provides a simple and effective user experience for customers to make and accept online payments. The UI design is clean and uncomplicated. Kudos.

What do you dislike?

The KYC requirements for receiving international online payments can place a discouraging burden on customers wishing to accept online payments. WePay has done a great job in creating easy-to-navigate processes. In some jurisdictions (e.g. Canada), a few rough spots remain (e.g. additional requirements to accept payments by debit). Further improvements would be welcome -- if in fact any are possible within the regulations.

The business problem is to provide an easy-to-use system for customers to make and receive online payments. Compared to another very well-known payment provider, WePay increased our conversion rates significantly.

WePay review by Agency in Consumer Services
Agency in Consumer Services

"PayPal, who?"

What do you like best?

Wepay is a very user friendly payment processor, I've been consistently impressed with the UX that their website and API integration provides.

What do you dislike?

Wepay's support tends to send very "canned" and less than sympathetic emails when there is a problem to be resolved. They could use a customer success training or two.

Clean UI payment gateway for our users.

WePay review by Abigail S.
Abigail S.

"Great Service"

What do you like best?

The ease of functionality, easily integrated with our Continue to Give fundraising website software.

What do you dislike?

Customer Support is very slow and there is only email support. We have had customers complain that their information doesn't always save and they have to fill out the WePay form a few times.

We provide online fundraising and wepay is the backend for crowdfunders and small churches on our system.

WePay review by Ashley H.
Ashley H.

"A good payment platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of activation. Easy access to the implementation team.

What do you dislike?

Standardized email messages, lack of reporting.

Helping customers integrate an easy payment gateway.

WePay review by Lucas L.
Lucas L.

"So far so good."

What do you like best?

So far everything has gone very smoothly.

What do you dislike?

Website has been difficult to navigate through.

Online Stores

WePay review by Marty I.
Marty I.

"Founder, CEO Kind.Fund"

What do you like best?

Simple and seamless integration. Users get access to a high powered billing engine

What do you dislike?

Speed of customer service issue resolution (and lack of an 800#)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Powerful engine for crowdfunding

Billing gateway for our donation crowdfunding platform

WePay review by User

"WePay Review"

What do you like best?

Their quick support/delight team.

Easy to use and navigate through the WePay Dashboard

What do you dislike?

Lack of tracking on Check withdrawals.

Occasional downtime when payments are not able to be processed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Recommended.

With WePay we are able to accept payments and also easily get our users those funds. Their delight team also makes it much easier to troubleshoot and come to resolutions, as compared to other processors who have longer SLA (24+ hours)

WePay review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

"WePay, excellent solution for companies offering b2b services which require a merchant account."

What do you like best?

Ease of signup. Ability to accept credit cards within seconds of signup.

What do you dislike?

Management interface could offer more control, in terms of adding/removing/editing account with roles, managing credit card transactions, etc.

The need to easily setup merchant processing for customers.

WePay review by Felix B.
Felix B.

"Easy Payment Solution, Simple Merchant Account Setup"

What do you like best?

Super easy setup for new merchants.........

What do you dislike?

No phone/chat support..........................

Merchant setup, peer-to-peer payments, subscriptions, one-time checkouts. The easy setup of merchant accounts and the ability to charge an app fee are big.

"WePay partner"

What do you like best?

The swiftness with which they process transactions

What do you dislike?

There is no phone support for normal users

Allowing our customers to get paid more quickly/efficiently.

WePay review by Administrator in Fund-Raising
Administrator in Fund-Raising

"Disappointed with change in terms of service in the middle of the year"

What do you like best?

Ease that customers have in making a purchase.

What do you dislike?

WePay changed terms of service midyear while we had a campaign going.

Ease of purchases for customers.

WePay review by Administrator

"Generally OK, but some areas could improve"

What do you like best?

The platform design is excellent and the quality of the software and features are very good. Especially for us as a marketplace.

What do you dislike?

There have been many changes at WePay and that has made it very difficult to get anything done / make any progress.

Facilitates marketplace payments for our third party merhcants.

WePay review by Jonathan D.
Jonathan D.

"Probably the best payment system ever!"

What do you like best?

Buttons, Invoices, Recurring invoices, and integration with your existing website is amazing! They're genius for using an iframe to basically create a "wrapper/portal" to their site to handle the secure transaction of the credit card details, which means less work on your end.

They've also done a great job at creating some really nice features to make it so that you can charge people with different payment structure needs. For example: subscribe, register, checkout and donate options.

Their support team is also impressively fast and reliable for help with nearly any type of help and/or implementation.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how with WePay it's not possible to charge customers in an ongoing basis without sending them an invoice. Some customers really like the ability to set it and forget it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WePay is great for you if you feel comfortable getting starting with your small to medium sized business. It has a lot of flexibility with many options like subscribe, register, checkout and donate.

Their support has been really great, whenever I've had an issue, they're right on top of things!

WePay review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"WePay review "

What do you like best?

The ability for our customers to deposit donations daily and for us to receive our funds daily.

What do you dislike?

The lack of a customer support phone number and behind that, the chat feature being removed from the wepay website. This really hinders helping a customer with a urgent issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

NA

NA

WePay review by Consultant in Fund-Raising
Consultant in Fund-Raising

"Director of Customer Success"

What do you like best?

WePay allowed our team to provide direct integrations with our Crowdfunding Platform, allowing non-profits to set up an account effortlessly.

What do you dislike?

Currently, WePay is beneficial to many US partners but limited in the international realm.

The ability to quickly onboard a partner.

WePay review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Great system"

What do you like best?

I've never had any problems. The system is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. All good. I haven't had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great choice.

I use WePay for my online store. It integrates well with Woo Commerce.

WePay review by Consultant in Hospital & Health Care
Consultant in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and customer service is very reliable when needed

What do you dislike?

Slightly higher fees on credit card processing

Quick sales off site

Learn more about WePay

WePay Videos

Learning about WePay?

* We monitor all WePay reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.