Do you work for WeTransfer?

WeTransfer Reviews & Product Details

What is WeTransfer?

WeTransfer is an online file-transferring platform, which basically means that you send it, we transfer. There’s no hassle. No stress. No charge.

WeTransfer Screenshots

WeTransfer Reviews

1-50 of 125 total WeTransfer reviews

WeTransfer Reviews

1-50 of 125 total WeTransfer reviews
WeTransfer review by George D.
Producer/Host/Researcher/Interviewer
Broadcast Media

"Better than Dropbox "

What do you like best?

That it's not a folder system (at least I don't use it as such if it is). It's a simple, "send large files" program with no hassle. What I like the best is that there's no need to log in. If you want to send a file, you can do so without creating an account or verifying your email. And not only that, it notifies you when your file has been sent, and when they open it. I think the 7-day download deadline is more than generous, and its percentage tracking is also a great feature.

What do you dislike?

There's very little, but I guess if anything, the 2GB maximum. They have a Pro option, which allows for larger files and more features, but for the free one 2GB is as good as it gets. I do think 2GB is generous, however, but there have been times where I've needed to split up files into two folders and send both separately. A very infrequent occurrence, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't want to log in to use, only need to send a few large files on a semi-regular basis, and want something easy to use -- try WeTransfer. It does everything you need without all the clutter.

I'm a freelance audio producer and sending big files is a normal basis -- not only to clients, but other companies I do one-off work for. It really helps streamline the process for both sides because of how easy to use and reliable it is. I first learned about the service a few years back, and while I used it on and off, it's now become a constant in my professional career.

WeTransfer review by Bilawal A.
Senior Manager Sales
Internet

"Love it! The easiest method to send files"

What do you like best?

We Transfer is a wonderful alternative for my work. This not only results in workers who are in the office, but also in those who perform on field research functions. With WeTransfer, it is easy to send heavy files for your personal or professional use. I like that I can send files of all kinds (PDF, JPG, AI, PSD) and it loads very fast as well. The free version allows me to send up to 2 GB of data free. No registration is required and WeTransfer is extremely easy to use

What do you dislike?

I have had a few problems with the software application on my iOS. The application tends to crash when you use it for too long but other than that I don't have any other issues with this application. No cons. No improvements required. Must have!

Recommendations to others considering the product

WeTransfer is the best option to send files! Must have product!

Whenever I need to send big files I will rely on WeTransfer. I have had clients say how easy it is to use and I agree. It is a user friendly platform that allows me to send images quickly and efficiently. I can additionally track who downloaded it and eliminates the problem of "I didn't get your e-mail". I can honestly say that a day without WeTransfer won't be easy to survive. I use this almost a dozen times everyday at work to send my files and data to colleagues

WeTransfer review by Aseefa A.
Assistant Manager
Real Estate
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Sending Large Files is as Easy as it Can Possibly be!"

What do you like best?

The pricing is very cheap of only $12 a month per user which I thikn is worthy and affordable by all. A free package is available where you can send up to 2 GB worth of data to your desired email addresses. A premium service allows you to send 5 GB worth of data. Thanks to the great interface, transferring files is incredibly easy. Because you don’t need to sign up, you can just go to the home page and start the transfer process.

What do you dislike?

WeTransfer provides a public download link, which can be accessed by anybody, without the need to sign up for WeTransfer. This is a useful feature if you were sending private and personal pictures to your friends, but it can be a big issue if you are sending private and confidential company files to your colleagues. I even see a lot of advertisements popping up while using this software from companies like Google Chrome and Adobe which gets annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I will recommend this software. Asn easy to use software and sharing files is the easiest.

I use WeTransfer a lot in my daily life. Initially, my colleagues and I used to send large data files via CD ROMS. This was time consuming and was insecure in terms of lost and theft. Also while travelling I am able to send pictures and videos taken from my phone directly to my colleagues using the WeTransfer mobile application.

WeTransfer review by Jose E.
Coordinador de Imagen y Promoción
Public Relations and Communications

"WeTransfer is a real lifesaver"

What do you like best?

No logins, no registry, no problem... To use WeTransfer you simply need to know the email adress of the person you want to share your file with. It can be anything from a document, an image or a video as long as it´s not over 2GB. Definitely the best and quickest solution when you need to transfer a file.

What do you dislike?

Being a free platform it can sometimes get a bit slow do to volume of traffic, but if you can manage a little patience, the rewards will be worth the wait

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to send files that are too large for email and you need to do it fast, WeTransfer is the way to go. You won´t get another tool this powerful and easy to use for free.

I use WeTransfer to share files that are impossible to send via email. You just have to upload what you need to share, write a quick note and your friend or colleague will receive an email with the link to download. It´s easy and practical to use.

WeTransfer review by Kim S.
Graphic Designer
Machinery

"WeTransfer makes quick work of sending large files"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that we do not have to compress multiple files to be able to send them through WeTransfer. Also, WeTransfer allows you to transfer up to 2GB at one time. Much better than the service we used to use. There is also the option to upgrade to WeTransferPlus which allows even larger transfer limits.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the files expire so quickly. Some people just don't getting around to downloading the link quickly enough, and then I have to resend the transfer. Even a few more days would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For most personal and small business needs, WeTransfer is the perfect choice when needing to send small videos, photos or documents. Very easy to use for the person sending the file, and the receiver only needs to click on a link in the email the receive - voila!

We had real problems trying to transfer video because of the large file sizes. WeTransfer has made this problem completely go away. We are also able to send large groups of photo when we need to without having to take the extra time to compress the files. It has been a real time-saver, plus some of my coworkers who are not as computer savvy are able to use it easily as well.

WeTransfer review by Bakhtawar A.
Project Director
Real Estate
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Send large data files with WeTransfer in no time"

What do you like best?

With WeTransfer, I can send large files across the internet to an email address with incredible ease and that too for free! I have never seen such a software which allows you to do the same with no fee. The free version has a limit of 2 GB and this is enough to send a small album or a video to your colleagues or loved ones. The pricing is fine and the website and mobile application is very easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any such problems with WeTransfer. But if I had to name anything to improve, I would say that the mobile application needs some improvements and streamlining to make sharing easier and faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this to everyone because sharing data with your colleagues is something everyone does and WeTransfer will only help you in making it faster.

I use WeTransfer a lot. While on the field, if I make a video of anything important or something which needs to be shared with the higher management, I can easily send this via the WeTransfer mobile application. No need to wait for coming back to office and then sharing via USBs or CD ROMs. Moreover, I even had the option of saving money while signing up for the WeTransfer Plus (upgraded version). Instead of paying $12/month equaling $144/year, I made a one-time annual payment of $120 saving me a good almost 20%

WeTransfer review by Feroze K.
Executive Director
Oil & Energy
(10,001+ employees)

"Great to have! Send large files"

What do you like best?

Everything! The ease with which you can attach and send files is just shocking. No need to register any account and no need to waste time on long forms and confirmation. Attach and send. It's THAT easy. Mobile application also available which works great and videos recorded through your phone's camera can even be sent via this application.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have any issues with this software. Everything is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software to people who send large files on a daily basis. Easy to use and must have!

Working in thr Oil Sector, I have to send large data analysis reports to my team and managers. These files are large in size (sometimes in GB) and can not be sent over the traditional email servers like Gmail and Ymail. Sending via USB is also unsafe as a virus can ruin my entire work. This is where WeTransfer comes in. I can easily send large files upto 2 GB for free to anyone's email. Enter the website and attach the files! Everything is straightforward and easily understandable. Thank God for this

WeTransfer review by Pardeep M.
Head Of Investment
Investment Management

"Send files instantly with zero security fears"

What do you like best?

The safety. When you send files via an external website or server, safety is very important. WeTransfer has a secure server and you can easily trust this software's security. Not time consuming at all. Very easy to use. The mobile application is also very user friendly and colorful website

What do you dislike?

A strong connection is needed to attach files and sometimes when the connection is disturbed, your files attaching fails. A few times, my files have failed to upload at > 90% which is very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend this software to every individual who reads my review. A must buy product. Easy, Safe and reliable.

WeTransfer has saved me a lot of times at work. Attaching files is very easy. You open the website and attach your files. You enter your email and the email you want to send it to and you even have an option of adding a message. I can even attach files via the mobile application as well which is again very easy. ALong with this, when you send via your email on WeTransfer, the file is even saved on your email sent items box.

WeTransfer review by Jaffar K.
Operations Manager
Oil & Energy

"Share Files Instantly"

What do you like best?

Easy to send. You don't need to sign up or do any registrations. Just logon through the website, enter your email, enter the recipient's email and attach your file / files. It's THAT easy. Along with this, there is even a mobile application available and whenever I am travelling, I use the mobile application to send any videos taken from my phone to someone else. I have never taken help from the customer upport team as everything is very straightforward and no help is needed.

What do you dislike?

Not something I dislike but is more of a concern. In my opinion 2 GB for a free version is a bit less and should be increased. Maybe give a one-time use of 5 / 10 GB. Other than this, I don't think there is anything I'd like to see an improvement in. Great software!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I would recommend this software for sure. Amazing features and a perfect solution to send all large data files. No need for any external devices

I use WeTransfer a lot in my daily work life. Being at a managerial position in my country's largest oil company, I have to send a lot of files which take a lot of storage space. WeTransfer is my solution to all problems. I can easily send files. I can blindly trust the software so all my company's private and confidential files can be sent. Moreover, if I send the file via my email, it also gets saved in my sent items box.

WeTransfer review by Zahid Z.
Managing Partner
Management Consulting
(10,001+ employees)

"Share large data files without waiting AT ALL"

What do you like best?

The security is top notch. You can share files to another person without waiting for even a bit. Its free version does not require any signing up or registration. Just login to the website and upload files. The entire process is not even 2 minutes long. There is even the Mac, iOS and Android application which is quite easy and simple to use. Also, a major point! There are no ads while using even the free version

What do you dislike?

I think the Upgraded version (We Transfer Plus) is a bit expensive priced at $12 / month. This can be a bit of a major cost for a small company. Also, the uploading of large files require a strong connection or else it will fail and you will have to start all over again

Recommendations to others considering the product

Who wouldn't want to share their large data files with other colleagues / friends / family. Makes sharing and collaboration so easy that you have to use this software. Never seen any other software like this

While at work, I use different type of operating systems including iOS, Windows and Linux and the best reason of using this software is that I can use it freely in any operating software. While travelling, I can use it, view files, download files, send large attachments through my mobile phone only saving me a lot of time and effort. Along with this, as my email is used, I can even keep a record of all files sent in my "sent items" box

WeTransfer review by Jordan L.
Graphic Designer and Illustrator
Media Production

"Send Big Files with Ease using WeTransfer"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer allows me to send large files across the internet with incredible ease, for free! One of my favorite aspects of WeTransfer is that no login or accounts are required for basic usage. However, it should be noted that there is a paid version of WeTransfer that does require a login in order to access premium features. The free version limit of 2GB is more than enough for most average needs though.

What do you dislike?

There are no notable complaints that I have about WeTransfer. Any feature limitations, such as the transfer size limit, are generally solved by using their premium service. One drawback that free users should be aware of is that the download link generated for your files is only valid for one week. After which, the link will expire and your files will be deleted from their download server. This has never been a problem for me (if your link does expire you can always just resend to your recipient), but for those looking for a storage solution this is again solved by upgrading to their professional service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While WeTransfer may not offer every bell and whistle that is available for file transferring software it is by far the simplest and easiest to use. Plenty of options already exist for web-based file storage and management--WeTransfer fulfills an important niche by exclusively focusing on file sharing.

For professionals working with other professionals there are many FTP and cloud storage services available to store and transfer files, but where WeTransfer really shines is when working with individuals and smaller organizations. A client can easily send me a huge batch of photos for their project without any hassle. Of course, Google Drive and Dropbox also offer free and low cost solutions for sharing large files, but the need to setup new accounts and organize folders and sharing permissions can be avoided altogether by simply using WeTransfer.

WeTransfer review by Ernesto N.
Asociado principal

"La Mejor Manera de Transferir Datos"

What do you like best?

We Transfer es una excelente opción cuándo de enviar datos se trata. Puedes transferir datos en un santiamén con esta excelente herramienta en cualquier formato, además de disfrutas de un excelente interfaz multicolor que hace aun más divertida tu experiencia.

What do you dislike?

Lo único malo que encuentro de esta herramienta es el tiempo en el cual expira tus archivos para dser descargados. Existen oportunidades en las cuales no tienes el tiempo suficiente para descargar los archivos que recibes, por lo cual recomendamos descargar tus archivos una vez sepas que los has recibido via mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We Transfer es la mejor opción para trasnferir datos via mail de manera rápida, sencilla y muy, pero muy barata.

En Sijao Parks, C.A. nos dedicamos a la creación de clips de video y su posterior venta; los compradores generalmente prefieren guardar estos archivos en sus dispositivos de confianza, lo cual podría ocasionar las trasnmisión de virus de estos dispositivos a los nuestros. Comn WeTransfer evitamos cualquier contacto entre nuestros dispositivos y los de los posibles clientes, enviandoles sus archivos via WeTransfer a sus correos electónicos de manera rápida y sencilla.

WeTransfer review by Sebastian W.
Growth Manager

"Great, fast, reliable"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the platform. You simply upload your file and choose between a link or to send it by email.

Especially when you have the pro-service, it's great to be able to share up to 20GB of data AND password protect it. Actually every company that I worked with in The Netherlands uses it, and not without any reason.

It works fast, hardly any downtimes and it looks good!

Also, the app saved my ass earlier when my phone storage was full and I needed to send files to my desktop. Way easier than using Itunes or any other app. Just select and send!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more storage options for WeTransfer if you're paying for the service. Maybe they could build out several packages and different users with access. Almost like DropBox but less gross ;-)

And an option to send out even bigger files would be great (if that's possible at all?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it for personal reasons first and you'll find out soon enough that you can also use it for professional use.

So many things were solved by using WeTransfer. From sharing personal holiday pictures with friends - to movie- and sound bites to clients and colleagues. No need for USB drives anymore, this works way faster! Especially when time and travel are an issue.

WeTransfer review by Tom S.
Founder, Co-Director, Managing & Creative Producer

"The fastest, most reliable large file sharing service around. "

What do you like best?

Its unbeatable quality. Huge file sizes can be uploaded and shared with anyone in minutes. The speed and reliability is second to none. I have used the service for many years now and have never had any issues, and always been impressed by the increases in file sizes it can handle so easily.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about Wetransfer. Its so simple, so effective. I really can't fault it. Its the ideal product to turn to when you need to move large files to another user.

It allows very rapid sharing of large business documents between individuals. It's streamlined a large part of our company and been crucial to areas of success for us.

WeTransfer review by User

"an efficient tool to transfer and receive files"

What do you like best?

Wetranfer is one of the sites with which I work most to upload and receive files, especially in my professional field, it allows me to pass content to my clients and to have important files hosted for download, I like it because it is easy and comfortable, apart the design of the page is incredible since it selects works of artist as background and that is very inspiring, for me this is the most powerful transfer tool of this time, it is very well done and until now my problems with it have not been very big.

I also like the fact of being able to generate download links and be able to send the content simultaneously to emails.

What do you dislike?

I really do not have many dislikes with wetranfer except the 7 days of downloads that sometimes fall short with some people with whom I work, I would need to be a bit more flexible with the time in which the active link is kept.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend wetranfer on time for:

-Being a lightweight and easy-to-use platform.

-Give the opportunity to share content and manage file transfers.

- Be free

-create a new concept of what clouds and transfer methods are.

-the aesthetics of your website, it's like a museum combined with a transfer tool.

As I mentioned before, it is a super easy to use platform, you do not have to go around a lot to send the file you need, it is all summarized, which makes the traffic in it quicker and enables quicker ways of working.

WeTransfer review by Lakhan M.
Head Of Department
Banking

"Sending files was never so easy"

What do you like best?

Everything. You sign up for free and can send up to 2 GB worth of data to anyone via an email address. The software is easy to use and the website as well is very interactive and colorful. By sending you can even keep a record of your data and hence, this even acts as an external storage device. The files sent can be accessed via any computer system as everything is sent to an email. This can be a personal or a work email

What do you dislike?

Even though 2 GB is a lot of data to be sent externally, this means that sometimes large videos of conferences and meetings can not be sent which can get a bit frustrating. Also, WeTransfer Plus, which is an upgraded version of WeTransfer with more features, is a bit expensive for a small and medium scale company owner

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this for sure. Such an easy software and can be used easily in your corporate jobs.

As a lot of external websites like Dropbox are blocked on my company's intranet, I use WeTransfer to send large chunks of data to my colleagues or people outside my office. This software has helped me a lot in my corporate life and I use this software a lot too. Files are easy to send and they even get uploaded quickly. They are then sent directly to an email hence giving us assurance and reliability

WeTransfer review by Joshua B.
Senior Producer

"Simple file transfer service that gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Being able to send files right when I visit the home page is a standout feature. The process to upload files to be processed for the transfer is pretty straightforward with clear instructions. Just about anyone, regardless of computer or other technical skills, can reasonably use this service. I like how simple the downloading process is for the person receiving files. They just click a link in an email from WeTransfer and they'll go right to the file download page. I also like the option of generating a download link that multiple people can use to download a file.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to dislike much about WT, but one thing that's a bit of a downer is the transfer file size limit. Even though the transfer limit is plenty most of the time, I'd like to be able to transfer more when I send lots of huge media files like videos, particularly uncompressed AVI videos that are used during the production process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think WeTransfer is especially useful for people working with large files such as video, photos and graphics. I'd highly recommend using it for its low cost and simplicity.

I can transfer all sorts of files, whether they're single files or groups of files, with super simplicity and no need for the recipient to sign up for any service. It's easy to coordinate file sharing with many people by using a download link. This saves a huge amount of time from having to email many people a file. Since it can distribute files quickly, WT really helps to streamline our collaboration efforts.

WeTransfer review by Clint B.
Marketing Associate

"A straightforward file sharing solution"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer is one the easiest online services to use. Sharing files only takes a few steps with each step being very straightforward. I think WeTransfer offers a good amount of sharing capacity for common files like documents and medium-sized photos. The user interface is clean and modern. I like that WeTransfer doesn't require users to sign up for an account. The premium plans have competitive pricing and offer a good value for the extended sharing capacity you receive. Another thing I like is that the recipient of your share files only needs to click an email link to get to the WeTransfer download page.

What do you dislike?

I think the service is a bit basic compared to other file sharing services like Dropbox or Google Drive, which allows multiple users to access, edit and save files online. There are times when I need to send lots of large files, like video files, and I reach my sending limit rather quickly. Your shared files expire after a certain amount of time, so it can be a hassle if you have to share a file again if someone never downloaded your initial file.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think WeTransfer is great option for simple file transfers. If you don't need a bunch of bells and whistles, like extended collaboration tools, then I think WeTransfer can be a great asset. You can share many different file types, which makes it versatile and good option for sending to people that don't want to get involved with any complicated technical software.

I'm able to send large files and batches of smaller files very quickly and to just about anyone I work and do business with. Whenever I cannot attach files to an email due to file size limits, or my recipient's email limits are too low, I can go to WeTransfer to send those files in a straightforward way. I can also receive a notification when my files are downloaded, which helps me to be accountable for sent files.

WeTransfer review by Peter B.
Account Executive

"One of the quickest and simplest ways to transfer large files online"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer's strong point is how easy it is to use. There is no extensive sign up process that can take up valuable time. I simply visited the website, and after entering just a few pieces of information, I'm able to start the transfer process. The uploading time is relatively fast. Once you enter the recipient's email address and send the file, an email from WeTransfer is immediately sent to the recipient with a download link. There is hardly any room for confusion.

What do you dislike?

I think WeTransfer could be better if it offered more features that allow us to better organize and edit files online. Services like Dropbox are great because we can have continual access to files through our account and can edit and save them in shared groups. Though I do appreciate WeTransfer's upgraded storage limits in their paid accounts, I wish they could do more in terms of tools and functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend using WeTransfer to bypass your email storage limits for large files. If you don't have single files that are large, you can still use WeTransfer to send zipped folders of many files. This could help to keep track of where your files are sent since WeTransfer can notify you when files are downloaded.

WeTransfer gives me and my associates a way to send large files to each without having to spend lots of money on expensive services or devices. We can shared files right away, which is very valuable when collaborating on projects that require quick feedback and turnaround. WeTransfer's simplicity allows us to also use it with clients that may be intimidated or not highly knowledgeable with web services outside of email.

WeTransfer review by luis a.
Vendedor de servicios

"we tranfers makes real transfer of high weight documents without problem."

What do you like best?

the only function of we transfer is very simple that is to send documents and information of a lot of weight to other users in a single message, this is very simple but wetransfer has been for me a great solution in my office, because before knowing this tool, I had to do a great process of compressing documents, images and videos to send my documents by mail to my colleagues, what happens now with wetransfer is that it facilitates the process in an incredible way, since I only need to select what I want send and put the people or emails to whom I want to send this information and with just one click I sent the information and the best thing is that wetransfer offers to send documents with a weight of up to 20GB per message, although they give a very good service, this service is free, it offers us the option to expand our capacity of sending information up to 100GB but it is for those who really need it and pay for that service, but in general wet ransfer has become very common in my office because of its great efficiency.

What do you dislike?

I just want this service to send documents a little faster. just to improve that would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it totally, it is very simple to use, it does its function without problems, and it does not fail in any sending. of mail.

has solved the problem of being able to transfer data, documents and images in a single message without any problem, it is very easy to use this great tool, I can send the invoices of the week in a message, I can send the material of videos of the week in a only message. fulfills its function 100%

WeTransfer review by karen a.
Organization Manager

"the best to transfer documents of any size."

What do you like best?

At some point I thought I was not going to be able to send documents and images that had a great weight by mail, but with wetreansfer that is totally possible, normally I have to send documents with images of some workers to the central offices of my work, and with wetreansfer I can send videos, images and documents that I normally can not send directly from my email, this tool makes life easier when sending a document, since I do not have to send documents or images by hand, with this tool I can to send everything I need is just an email and a click.

What do you dislike?

I use this tool every week, the only thing I do not like is that there are times when it takes a long time to send a document. if you could speed up the shipping process a little bit it will be really perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this program as I said before its function is very punctual but it does the job impeccably.

This tool really works to solve the problem of sending documents that have a lot of information and weigh a lot, its function is very timely but it is super efficient, thanks to them I can send up to 20GB in a single mail message without losing any document, I currently use the free version that allows me to send a maximum of 20GB per email message which is perfect for me, but there are other options that have some value, but you can send documents with a greater weight without any problem.

WeTransfer review by Thomas R.
Human Resources Manager

"An excellent online file sharing service for quick transfers with low red tape"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer allows users to complete the file sharing process without signing up for an account. Though they provide very generous transfer limits, they also offer paid plans that allow us to increase our sending capacity. The pricing is very reasonable and a great value. The overall service is simple, straightforward and easy for most of our staff members to use. The downloading process only requires the recipient to click a link in an email and then click a download button on the WeTransfer website.

What do you dislike?

Though I appreciate the simplicity of WeTransfer, it would be nice to have more advanced file collaboration features that allow us to open and edit files online. I also dislike that we can't organize files very efficiently in group folders so that teams can access and update files online without having to download them first.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend using WeTransfer as a universal service for general and straightforward file sharing. It is suitable for sending files that are too large to attach to emails. However, if you want a file sharing service with more collaboration features, then you should probably look elsewhere.

WeTransfer has given us a cheap and effective way to share files easily with almost everyone with do business with. Since there are just a couple steps needed to download files, we don't have to spend much time training people how to download and access files. We work with some people that aren't the most tech savvy, so having a simple file sharing service for them to use has saved us many headaches.

WeTransfer review by Harlan R.
Designer & Artist
Design
(Myself Only)

"Simply one of the best!"

What do you like best?

The ability to be able to freely transfer whatever you wish through a web-based system makes it so stress-free. They have a "Plus" paid version where you're able to transfer up to 20gb per file, not many folks need something like this and it's rare that a single file is 20+gb so I'm assuming this is more for companies. The "Basic" version is free and hopefully it stays that way. The interface is simple, clean and aesthetically pleasing. It's extremely useful especially when you need to transfer something fast!

What do you dislike?

There is a Chrome extension and an App, however they both seem useless. They're not as polished as the web-based system.

The ability to quickly transfer files from one user to the other within minutes, all within a clean, polished web-based system within your browser of choice.

WeTransfer review by Val G.

"A remarkably easy way to share large files online"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of WeTransfer is quite astounding. When you load the home page, you can start uploading your file for transfer right away. There's no need to sign up for an account that you have to log into when you want to share files. The notification email that WeTransfer sends your file recipient is extremely straightforward. The email contains a simple link that they click on to retrieve the file. They leave very little room for confusion and I've never had any issues with anyone, including myself, downloading files.

What do you dislike?

If you want a file sharing service with more management and organizational capabilities, then you'll probably find WeTransfer to be pretty limited. Collaborating on files isn't as streamlined with WeTransfer since we can't work on and save different versions of files online.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend trying out the starter plan to see if it works for you, then you can upgrade later. Compared to other popular online file sharing services, the pricing for WeTransfer is very competitive, so if you're fine with straightforward file transfers, then I think WeTransfer is one of the best companies for that.

WeTransfer has provided me with a simple and reliable way to quickly share large files with business associates. I don't have to instruct the recipient too much about how to receive the file since the process is very straightforward. Not having to sign up for an account, from both the sender and receiver, makes the sharing much faster than many other similar sharing services. With WeTransfer's premium plans, we can extend our sharing capacity at very reasonable prices.

WeTransfer review by User

"Big file sharing - no more an issue"

What do you like best?

Free version has file sharing upto to 2gb

The file is downloaded without a sign up

Sender gets a notification

The link created is simple and easy to download

The link is invalid after 2 days, which is great in terms of security

The person who gets the shared file, its absolutely easy to download without any sign up or login.

Absolutely compatible with even the ios device.

What do you dislike?

The paid version is slightly steep

Free users can't create a we tansfer account

For free users, it's little not so secure as password security is for only paid accounts

It's easy to share but the public link can be little harmful if the account is free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be careful if you are using it for free, rest for the paid one it's extremely useful and safe

The not so confidential items can be shared without any tension.

Sharing all the business files which are bigger, It is extremely good to share any file with confidentiality.

WeTransfer review by Karl T.

"A quick and easy file transfer service"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WeTransfer is the lack of red tape involved in transferring files. As soon as we load the home page, we're immediately shown a clear and concise form to get started. There is no registration required. The actual process of sending files is very easy. We just enter our email address, the recipient's email address, an optional message and we're ready to start uploading files. Once we select and upload our files, a single link is generated for the recipient to download the files. It really doesn't get much easier than that!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have to option to log in and retrieve previously sent files. Also, though WeTransfer's 2GB is a relatively generous file size limit, there are many times when I need to send larger files or file folders, but can't since they obviously max out the file limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WeTransfer is a great tool for simple file sharing. I would recommend using it if you prefer fast and hassle-free transfers. If you prefer a service that provides file storage for later access, then you should probably consider a different service like Dropbox or Google Drive.

WeTransfer has been a reliable tool for sending files to colleagues and clients, especially when the files exceed my email account's file attachment limit. Since I don't have to sign into WeTransfer, I can use the transfer service very quickly and provide the recipient with a convenient and straightforward link to download the files.

WeTransfer review by Dale G.

"Great for sharing large files"

What do you like best?

I really like how simple it is to use WeTransfer. I could quickly and easily sign up and start sending files right away. The recipient just receives and email, clicks a link and can download a file instantly. They don't even need to sign up with WeTransfer.

What do you dislike?

Since I sometimes work with extremely large files, it'd be nice to have higher sending limits. A higher sending limit would also help when sending many files at once in a zipped folder. That would save me time from having to make another transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WeTransfer is more of a basic and straightforward file transfer service. If you plan to do frequent collaborations on files with multiple people, then you might want to consider another service like Box or Zoho Docs.

WeTransfer has been great for sharing large files that are too large to send via email. Even if I could send through email, it has often been more convenient to send via WeTransfer for accessibility and accountability purposes.

WeTransfer review by User in Photography

"An excellent Free Service."

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is free, with the option to purchase for a larger file size. It is really easy to use and not complicated in the slightly. Anyone could use it to share files/ photos or anything too big for email.

I use it all the time when I am sending clients photographers and I like the fact I get a notification when they have been downloaded.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much to dislike but if I had to choose anything I would say the free version could have a bigger file upload and maybe not limit the sharing to 7 days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free, ease of use and very quick to delivery.

It saves me having to send CD's or USB files in the post, it saves a lot of time. Once it has gone off that is my work completed.

WeTransfer review by Donald W.

"A solid file transfer platform"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use WeTransfer. I can sign up and start transferring files within minutes. The user interface is very simple and straightforward. There is big text with clear instructions on the website. We can upload large files that we normally wouldn't be able to do through email.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there aren't more extensive sharing options or ways to collaborate on documents and store them online in a folder. I also don't like that the shared file links expire in a relatively short amount of time. Even if I downloaded the files already, it'd be nice to be able to access the files again online from the same place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend WeTransfer to those that want a simple and easy file transferring solution. There are many other online file sharing services out there with more options, but WeTransfer is one of the easiest to use.

I've used WeTransfer to easily share large files with clients and colleagues. There are times when these files are too large to attach to emails, so WeTransfer allows me to bypass that restriction. It has also made it easier to share the files with multiple people. Those people can then share the files with others, if needed. It has really simplified the large file sharing process.

WeTransfer review by Administrator

"It's the best for transferring files easily"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to transfer files to clients, as well as the ability to create you own homepage with custom photos.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how folder must be zipped in order to be sent, because many clients are not tech-savvy enough to be able to unzip folders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go for it, and if you are planning to use it for at least a year, sign up for the yearly rate. I signed up for month-to-month and haven't been able to figure out how to contact them in order to switch the the yearly rate.

I am solving the issue of figuring out how best to transfer large files to clients. I am also able to store them for long periods of time in case I ever need to re-send the files in the future.

WeTransfer review by Daniyal K.
Director

"Thank God for this!"

What do you like best?

Everything. It was really difficult for me initially to send files which were more than 25MB. Gmail and Microsoft email accounts don't send more than this. To my colleagues sharing files via a USB or a CD was even possible but was extremely time consuming. Problem still remained how to send data to people outside office. WeTransfer literally saved all these problems. I could easily upload a file up to 2GB for free and then send it via an email to the desired person's email which could be accessible from anywhere. The software is extremely easy to use, not confusing at all and also as a bonus, files sent via WeTrafer could even be accessed on our mobile phone.

What do you dislike?

To attach large data files, we need a strong internet connectivity. If I have a weak connection and a large attachment to attach, the file may fail again and again which sometimes gets annoying. Chances are less but still possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended to individuals who send large data to people regularly. Better than any other transfer website/software out this

WeTransfer has been a blessing on me for my work. On my company's intranet network, I couldn't access Dropbox and Gdrive (as they were external storage software) so I couldn't send large files by converting them into a link. Through WeTranser, I can easily send large files to the relevant people easily. Another benefit I've had with this is that when I send data via email, a back up copy is also saved in my "sent items" so WeTransfer even acts as a file storage software. I even downloaded the WeTransfer mobile data app recently as this helps in uploading large videos directly from my phone and sent via email to a different email. Becaus eof me being in the pharmaceutical industry, I have to keep a lot of doctors in touch with recent videos of promotion and WeTransfer helps in sending these files in a timely manner.

WeTransfer review by Leonardo B.
Sócio / Designer Gráfico

"Great FTP software"

What do you like best?

Great tool for a quick workflow. The uploading is very agile and practical. It does not use my email quota and makes it easy for me to receive files that are heavy by the client. Great interface too.

What do you dislike?

You can not close the window during upload. It is common among other sites that offer this type of service. If you make a mistake and close the window, you must start again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We use more than one service similar to WeTransfer. However, it is more convenient because you do not need a login. I recommend using We Transferl. I find it essential software on a daily basis for sending heavy files for clients and suppliers.

Communication with the customer and agility in the workflow. I use to send heavy, often finished artwork files to clients and suppliers.

WeTransfer review by Richard J. M.
Owner
Design

"Great for anyone who want to move big files"

What do you like best?

It is free for up to 2 gig. If you have more to send it will cost more, but is still reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Have a restriction so sometimes you have to do it multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for you and your less technical clients. It makes getting a sending large files easy. Sometimes client do not know how to use dropbox or Google drive, so giving them this website will make it very easy for all.

When clients need to send me files I can give them this website and they can easily send them to me. It makes a dropbox, mail or email problems go away.

WeTransfer review by Fred H.
Marketing Specialist
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Makes your files transfer process even easier than before"

What do you like best?

The fact that it can easily pass along larger files is very helpful for a deadline-packed world we work in. Those hard to handle videos and graphics are now a cinch, allowing today's media and marketing agencies a better way to collaborate with editing and quality control.

What do you dislike?

To get the best use out of this product at the end of the day, you really do need the paid version. But we have that, so I'm not complaining too much about it. That said, a warning to startups lacking scope for such things: if you don't have it, can't afford it or don't tend to work with large scale files that often, you're likely to be better off just emailing smaller files to people, as simple email attachments will accommodate that size and scope just as efficiently. Ergo, WeTransfer free version would be useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend the paid version enough. Dead simple to use, you can have multiple people in your business using it at the same time, and makes it miles better for collaborative purposes with you graphic design teams and account managers (as one example). Should you handle video transferrance in your daily work, you'd benefit from software like WeTransfer greatly.

Transferrance of larger files (PDFs, videos, Folders) to both clients and customers. It saves us the time of going through the email process, only to discover we can't send the email the recipient effectively.

WeTransfer review by Muneeba F.
Head Of Operations
Research

"Send large files instantly"

What do you like best?

I can add multiple files to send to my recipient. All I have to do is add my email, the recipient's email and then attach my files. 3 simple steps and click send. Yes, Its THAT simple. The upgraded version is even cheap to use in my opinion. The free version allows 2 GB of files that can be sent. WeTransfer Plus allows to send up to 20 GB. That too at an easy cost of $12 / month which I think is quite reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I have ha a few problems of using WeTransfer in my phone. It has crashed a lot of times and it gets annoying later on Other than this, no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If anyone sends large files to their colleagues or friends, this is the software to all your needs

Thank GOD for this software. Previously it was very difficult to share large files to my colleagues. Being a Tech company, we are not allowed to bring in external storage devices and in order to send files to my colleague sitting floors under me, I had to send him via a GDrive link and then call/ask him personally to see if he received it or not. Now, I can just WeTransfer whatever files I have and then when the recipient opens the file, I get an email informing me that the email has been opened and the file downloaded. Safety, security and privacy of the document is protected. Love it.

WeTransfer review by User in Design

"Best dropbox website to transfer any types of files"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about We transfer is I can transfer any type of big files without any problem. Unlike sending big files through outlook it takes forever and most of the time if its a big file the email doesn't even go through. We transfer has helped me in the past with sending clients native files without any problems. I get a notification when the client opens the email and also receives a copy of the same email sent to the client. Another thing I like its Free to use the basic account. The upload and download speed is super fast. And anyone can download the file without any problems. No need to make a username and password. After sending the file you get also a copy of the link which comes in handy sometimes so you can just copy and share the link to everyone.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about We transfer is..after certain days of sending the file to a client and if the client or the user doesn't open the file.. The File from the we transfer gets deleted. So I would have to send the same files again..which can get annoying sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to upload and easy to download. Never had any problems with using it.

The main problems I had with sending files using outlook was it would never go through because the native files was too big. With we transfer sending big files was easy and fast.

WeTransfer review by Administrator in Automotive

"Very easy to use We Transfer"

What do you like best?

Free and very easy to use. The best program for transferring large files that I have found so far.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have not had any issues withthis program what so ever. This program works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use to transfer files. FTP sites are hard to use and are complicated. We Transfer takes the complication out of sending large files. It makes it easy to upload multiple files at one time and gives you 2GB for free. You get a notification of the transfer to know it went through. I have not tried the paid versions but assume they will give more options and make the process a plus. This program works well with Microsoft based programs or photos. I have not tried it with any Apple products so I cannot rate that. I have searched and tried to look for other programs but other programs require more information or do not make the transfer process as easy. I am glad that another company recommended WeTransfer to me. I am not sure why many people do not know about it. It is probably hard for the company to advertise and get their name out in the industry. I cannot compare it to Dropbox because I have not used that program. I have seen multiple advertisements for Dropbox but not for WeTransfer. The free option has been around for the 3 years I have been using it so I do not see them applying a fee anytime soon.

Sending large files. When your FTP site is not easy to use, this make it very easy to transfer large files.

WeTransfer review by Ethan S.
Media Arts Coordinator
Media Production

"A more impressive alternative to Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The edge to edge beautiful images and artwork displayed in the background along with the minimalistic layout of buttons make it a pleasant experience for both me and my clients.

What do you dislike?

The upload limit is disappointing for the free account, but I understand why they have it.

Visually speaking, WeTranfer is simply more of a pleasant experience in comparison to their competition. I can’t count the number of times I’ve heard people tell me they’ve never heard of this way of transferring files before, but now that I’ve introduced it to them, they use it all the time for their own purposes.

WeTransfer review by Tyler S.

"Great tool especially the free use"

What do you like best?

Majority of free email services won't let you send those large files. Love that wetransfer allows you to send up to 2GB files for free.

What do you dislike?

Wish that it was 3GB for free instead of 2. I sometimes need the 3GB but don't use often enough to benefit from the paid plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to use if you're sending small enough files. Really depends on what your use is. Great for me sending >2GB files of video

When users upload speeds or computers are blocked from firewalls from uploading their teams video to their Hudl account, I transfer the video from them to me via wetransfer so we can get it uploaded for them.