WeTransfer

4.7

WeTransfer is an online file-transferring platform, which basically means that you send it, we transfer. There’s no hassle. No stress. No charge.

Work for WeTransfer?

Learning about WeTransfer?

WeTransfer Reviews

Showing 99 WeTransfer reviews
WeTransfer review by Bilawal A.
Bilawal A.

"Love it! The easiest method to send files"

What do you like best?

We Transfer is a wonderful alternative for my work. This not only results in workers who are in the office, but also in those who perform on field research functions. With WeTransfer, it is easy to send heavy files for your personal or professional use. I like that I can send files of all kinds (PDF, JPG, AI, PSD) and it loads very fast as well. The free version allows me to send up to 2 GB of data free. No registration is required and WeTransfer is extremely easy to use

What do you dislike?

I have had a few problems with the software application on my iOS. The application tends to crash when you use it for too long but other than that I don't have any other issues with this application. No cons. No improvements required. Must have!

Recommendations to others considering the product

WeTransfer is the best option to send files! Must have product!

Whenever I need to send big files I will rely on WeTransfer. I have had clients say how easy it is to use and I agree. It is a user friendly platform that allows me to send images quickly and efficiently. I can additionally track who downloaded it and eliminates the problem of "I didn't get your e-mail". I can honestly say that a day without WeTransfer won't be easy to survive. I use this almost a dozen times everyday at work to send my files and data to colleagues

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WeTransfer
WeTransfer review by Aseefa A.
Aseefa A.

"Sending Large Files is as Easy as it Can Possibly be!"

What do you like best?

The pricing is very cheap of only $12 a month per user which I thikn is worthy and affordable by all. A free package is available where you can send up to 2 GB worth of data to your desired email addresses. A premium service allows you to send 5 GB worth of data. Thanks to the great interface, transferring files is incredibly easy. Because you don’t need to sign up, you can just go to the home page and start the transfer process.

What do you dislike?

WeTransfer provides a public download link, which can be accessed by anybody, without the need to sign up for WeTransfer. This is a useful feature if you were sending private and personal pictures to your friends, but it can be a big issue if you are sending private and confidential company files to your colleagues. I even see a lot of advertisements popping up while using this software from companies like Google Chrome and Adobe which gets annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I will recommend this software. Asn easy to use software and sharing files is the easiest.

I use WeTransfer a lot in my daily life. Initially, my colleagues and I used to send large data files via CD ROMS. This was time consuming and was insecure in terms of lost and theft. Also while travelling I am able to send pictures and videos taken from my phone directly to my colleagues using the WeTransfer mobile application.

What CMS Tools solution do you use?

WeTransfer review by Jose E.
Jose E.

"WeTransfer is a real lifesaver"

What do you like best?

No logins, no registry, no problem... To use WeTransfer you simply need to know the email adress of the person you want to share your file with. It can be anything from a document, an image or a video as long as it´s not over 2GB. Definitely the best and quickest solution when you need to transfer a file.

What do you dislike?

Being a free platform it can sometimes get a bit slow do to volume of traffic, but if you can manage a little patience, the rewards will be worth the wait

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to send files that are too large for email and you need to do it fast, WeTransfer is the way to go. You won´t get another tool this powerful and easy to use for free.

I use WeTransfer to share files that are impossible to send via email. You just have to upload what you need to share, write a quick note and your friend or colleague will receive an email with the link to download. It´s easy and practical to use.

WeTransfer review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"WeTransfer makes quick work of sending large files"

What do you like best?

I really like the fact that we do not have to compress multiple files to be able to send them through WeTransfer. Also, WeTransfer allows you to transfer up to 2GB at one time. Much better than the service we used to use. There is also the option to upgrade to WeTransferPlus which allows even larger transfer limits.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the files expire so quickly. Some people just don't getting around to downloading the link quickly enough, and then I have to resend the transfer. Even a few more days would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For most personal and small business needs, WeTransfer is the perfect choice when needing to send small videos, photos or documents. Very easy to use for the person sending the file, and the receiver only needs to click on a link in the email the receive - voila!

We had real problems trying to transfer video because of the large file sizes. WeTransfer has made this problem completely go away. We are also able to send large groups of photo when we need to without having to take the extra time to compress the files. It has been a real time-saver, plus some of my coworkers who are not as computer savvy are able to use it easily as well.

WeTransfer review by Bakhtawar A.
Bakhtawar A.

"Send large data files with WeTransfer in no time"

What do you like best?

With WeTransfer, I can send large files across the internet to an email address with incredible ease and that too for free! I have never seen such a software which allows you to do the same with no fee. The free version has a limit of 2 GB and this is enough to send a small album or a video to your colleagues or loved ones. The pricing is fine and the website and mobile application is very easy to understand and use.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any such problems with WeTransfer. But if I had to name anything to improve, I would say that the mobile application needs some improvements and streamlining to make sharing easier and faster.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this to everyone because sharing data with your colleagues is something everyone does and WeTransfer will only help you in making it faster.

I use WeTransfer a lot. While on the field, if I make a video of anything important or something which needs to be shared with the higher management, I can easily send this via the WeTransfer mobile application. No need to wait for coming back to office and then sharing via USBs or CD ROMs. Moreover, I even had the option of saving money while signing up for the WeTransfer Plus (upgraded version). Instead of paying $12/month equaling $144/year, I made a one-time annual payment of $120 saving me a good almost 20%

WeTransfer review by Feroze K.
Feroze K.

"Great to have! Send large files"

What do you like best?

Everything! The ease with which you can attach and send files is just shocking. No need to register any account and no need to waste time on long forms and confirmation. Attach and send. It's THAT easy. Mobile application also available which works great and videos recorded through your phone's camera can even be sent via this application.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I have any issues with this software. Everything is great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I will recommend this software to people who send large files on a daily basis. Easy to use and must have!

Working in thr Oil Sector, I have to send large data analysis reports to my team and managers. These files are large in size (sometimes in GB) and can not be sent over the traditional email servers like Gmail and Ymail. Sending via USB is also unsafe as a virus can ruin my entire work. This is where WeTransfer comes in. I can easily send large files upto 2 GB for free to anyone's email. Enter the website and attach the files! Everything is straightforward and easily understandable. Thank God for this

WeTransfer review by Pardeep M.
Pardeep M.

"Send files instantly with zero security fears"

What do you like best?

The safety. When you send files via an external website or server, safety is very important. WeTransfer has a secure server and you can easily trust this software's security. Not time consuming at all. Very easy to use. The mobile application is also very user friendly and colorful website

What do you dislike?

A strong connection is needed to attach files and sometimes when the connection is disturbed, your files attaching fails. A few times, my files have failed to upload at > 90% which is very annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes, I would recommend this software to every individual who reads my review. A must buy product. Easy, Safe and reliable.

WeTransfer has saved me a lot of times at work. Attaching files is very easy. You open the website and attach your files. You enter your email and the email you want to send it to and you even have an option of adding a message. I can even attach files via the mobile application as well which is again very easy. ALong with this, when you send via your email on WeTransfer, the file is even saved on your email sent items box.

WeTransfer review by Jaffar K.
Jaffar K.

"Share Files Instantly"

What do you like best?

Easy to send. You don't need to sign up or do any registrations. Just logon through the website, enter your email, enter the recipient's email and attach your file / files. It's THAT easy. Along with this, there is even a mobile application available and whenever I am travelling, I use the mobile application to send any videos taken from my phone to someone else. I have never taken help from the customer upport team as everything is very straightforward and no help is needed.

What do you dislike?

Not something I dislike but is more of a concern. In my opinion 2 GB for a free version is a bit less and should be increased. Maybe give a one-time use of 5 / 10 GB. Other than this, I don't think there is anything I'd like to see an improvement in. Great software!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes! I would recommend this software for sure. Amazing features and a perfect solution to send all large data files. No need for any external devices

I use WeTransfer a lot in my daily work life. Being at a managerial position in my country's largest oil company, I have to send a lot of files which take a lot of storage space. WeTransfer is my solution to all problems. I can easily send files. I can blindly trust the software so all my company's private and confidential files can be sent. Moreover, if I send the file via my email, it also gets saved in my sent items box.

WeTransfer review by Zahid Z.
Zahid Z.

"Share large data files without waiting AT ALL"

What do you like best?

The security is top notch. You can share files to another person without waiting for even a bit. Its free version does not require any signing up or registration. Just login to the website and upload files. The entire process is not even 2 minutes long. There is even the Mac, iOS and Android application which is quite easy and simple to use. Also, a major point! There are no ads while using even the free version

What do you dislike?

I think the Upgraded version (We Transfer Plus) is a bit expensive priced at $12 / month. This can be a bit of a major cost for a small company. Also, the uploading of large files require a strong connection or else it will fail and you will have to start all over again

Recommendations to others considering the product

Who wouldn't want to share their large data files with other colleagues / friends / family. Makes sharing and collaboration so easy that you have to use this software. Never seen any other software like this

While at work, I use different type of operating systems including iOS, Windows and Linux and the best reason of using this software is that I can use it freely in any operating software. While travelling, I can use it, view files, download files, send large attachments through my mobile phone only saving me a lot of time and effort. Along with this, as my email is used, I can even keep a record of all files sent in my "sent items" box

WeTransfer review by Jordan L.
Jordan L.

"Send Big Files with Ease using WeTransfer"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer allows me to send large files across the internet with incredible ease, for free! One of my favorite aspects of WeTransfer is that no login or accounts are required for basic usage. However, it should be noted that there is a paid version of WeTransfer that does require a login in order to access premium features. The free version limit of 2GB is more than enough for most average needs though.

What do you dislike?

There are no notable complaints that I have about WeTransfer. Any feature limitations, such as the transfer size limit, are generally solved by using their premium service. One drawback that free users should be aware of is that the download link generated for your files is only valid for one week. After which, the link will expire and your files will be deleted from their download server. This has never been a problem for me (if your link does expire you can always just resend to your recipient), but for those looking for a storage solution this is again solved by upgrading to their professional service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While WeTransfer may not offer every bell and whistle that is available for file transferring software it is by far the simplest and easiest to use. Plenty of options already exist for web-based file storage and management--WeTransfer fulfills an important niche by exclusively focusing on file sharing.

For professionals working with other professionals there are many FTP and cloud storage services available to store and transfer files, but where WeTransfer really shines is when working with individuals and smaller organizations. A client can easily send me a huge batch of photos for their project without any hassle. Of course, Google Drive and Dropbox also offer free and low cost solutions for sharing large files, but the need to setup new accounts and organize folders and sharing permissions can be avoided altogether by simply using WeTransfer.

WeTransfer review by Ernesto N.
Ernesto N.

"La Mejor Manera de Transferir Datos"

What do you like best?

We Transfer es una excelente opción cuándo de enviar datos se trata. Puedes transferir datos en un santiamén con esta excelente herramienta en cualquier formato, además de disfrutas de un excelente interfaz multicolor que hace aun más divertida tu experiencia.

What do you dislike?

Lo único malo que encuentro de esta herramienta es el tiempo en el cual expira tus archivos para dser descargados. Existen oportunidades en las cuales no tienes el tiempo suficiente para descargar los archivos que recibes, por lo cual recomendamos descargar tus archivos una vez sepas que los has recibido via mail.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We Transfer es la mejor opción para trasnferir datos via mail de manera rápida, sencilla y muy, pero muy barata.

En Sijao Parks, C.A. nos dedicamos a la creación de clips de video y su posterior venta; los compradores generalmente prefieren guardar estos archivos en sus dispositivos de confianza, lo cual podría ocasionar las trasnmisión de virus de estos dispositivos a los nuestros. Comn WeTransfer evitamos cualquier contacto entre nuestros dispositivos y los de los posibles clientes, enviandoles sus archivos via WeTransfer a sus correos electónicos de manera rápida y sencilla.

WeTransfer review by Sebastian W.
Sebastian W.

"Great, fast, reliable"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the platform. You simply upload your file and choose between a link or to send it by email.

Especially when you have the pro-service, it's great to be able to share up to 20GB of data AND password protect it. Actually every company that I worked with in The Netherlands uses it, and not without any reason.

It works fast, hardly any downtimes and it looks good!

Also, the app saved my ass earlier when my phone storage was full and I needed to send files to my desktop. Way easier than using Itunes or any other app. Just select and send!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more storage options for WeTransfer if you're paying for the service. Maybe they could build out several packages and different users with access. Almost like DropBox but less gross ;-)

And an option to send out even bigger files would be great (if that's possible at all?)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just start using it for personal reasons first and you'll find out soon enough that you can also use it for professional use.

So many things were solved by using WeTransfer. From sharing personal holiday pictures with friends - to movie- and sound bites to clients and colleagues. No need for USB drives anymore, this works way faster! Especially when time and travel are an issue.

WeTransfer review by Lakhan M.
Lakhan M.

"Sending files was never so easy"

What do you like best?

Everything. You sign up for free and can send up to 2 GB worth of data to anyone via an email address. The software is easy to use and the website as well is very interactive and colorful. By sending you can even keep a record of your data and hence, this even acts as an external storage device. The files sent can be accessed via any computer system as everything is sent to an email. This can be a personal or a work email

What do you dislike?

Even though 2 GB is a lot of data to be sent externally, this means that sometimes large videos of conferences and meetings can not be sent which can get a bit frustrating. Also, WeTransfer Plus, which is an upgraded version of WeTransfer with more features, is a bit expensive for a small and medium scale company owner

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend this for sure. Such an easy software and can be used easily in your corporate jobs.

As a lot of external websites like Dropbox are blocked on my company's intranet, I use WeTransfer to send large chunks of data to my colleagues or people outside my office. This software has helped me a lot in my corporate life and I use this software a lot too. Files are easy to send and they even get uploaded quickly. They are then sent directly to an email hence giving us assurance and reliability

WeTransfer review by Harlan R.
Harlan R.

"Simply one of the best!"

What do you like best?

The ability to be able to freely transfer whatever you wish through a web-based system makes it so stress-free. They have a "Plus" paid version where you're able to transfer up to 20gb per file, not many folks need something like this and it's rare that a single file is 20+gb so I'm assuming this is more for companies. The "Basic" version is free and hopefully it stays that way. The interface is simple, clean and aesthetically pleasing. It's extremely useful especially when you need to transfer something fast!

What do you dislike?

There is a Chrome extension and an App, however they both seem useless. They're not as polished as the web-based system.

The ability to quickly transfer files from one user to the other within minutes, all within a clean, polished web-based system within your browser of choice.

WeTransfer review by Karl T.
Karl T.

"A quick and easy file transfer service"

What do you like best?

The best thing about WeTransfer is the lack of red tape involved in transferring files. As soon as we load the home page, we're immediately shown a clear and concise form to get started. There is no registration required. The actual process of sending files is very easy. We just enter our email address, the recipient's email address, an optional message and we're ready to start uploading files. Once we select and upload our files, a single link is generated for the recipient to download the files. It really doesn't get much easier than that!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have to option to log in and retrieve previously sent files. Also, though WeTransfer's 2GB is a relatively generous file size limit, there are many times when I need to send larger files or file folders, but can't since they obviously max out the file limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WeTransfer is a great tool for simple file sharing. I would recommend using it if you prefer fast and hassle-free transfers. If you prefer a service that provides file storage for later access, then you should probably consider a different service like Dropbox or Google Drive.

WeTransfer has been a reliable tool for sending files to colleagues and clients, especially when the files exceed my email account's file attachment limit. Since I don't have to sign into WeTransfer, I can use the transfer service very quickly and provide the recipient with a convenient and straightforward link to download the files.

WeTransfer review by Dale G.
Dale G.

"Great for sharing large files"

What do you like best?

I really like how simple it is to use WeTransfer. I could quickly and easily sign up and start sending files right away. The recipient just receives and email, clicks a link and can download a file instantly. They don't even need to sign up with WeTransfer.

What do you dislike?

Since I sometimes work with extremely large files, it'd be nice to have higher sending limits. A higher sending limit would also help when sending many files at once in a zipped folder. That would save me time from having to make another transfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WeTransfer is more of a basic and straightforward file transfer service. If you plan to do frequent collaborations on files with multiple people, then you might want to consider another service like Box or Zoho Docs.

WeTransfer has been great for sharing large files that are too large to send via email. Even if I could send through email, it has often been more convenient to send via WeTransfer for accessibility and accountability purposes.

WeTransfer review by Donald W.
Donald W.

"A solid file transfer platform"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use WeTransfer. I can sign up and start transferring files within minutes. The user interface is very simple and straightforward. There is big text with clear instructions on the website. We can upload large files that we normally wouldn't be able to do through email.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that there aren't more extensive sharing options or ways to collaborate on documents and store them online in a folder. I also don't like that the shared file links expire in a relatively short amount of time. Even if I downloaded the files already, it'd be nice to be able to access the files again online from the same place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd recommend WeTransfer to those that want a simple and easy file transferring solution. There are many other online file sharing services out there with more options, but WeTransfer is one of the easiest to use.

I've used WeTransfer to easily share large files with clients and colleagues. There are times when these files are too large to attach to emails, so WeTransfer allows me to bypass that restriction. It has also made it easier to share the files with multiple people. Those people can then share the files with others, if needed. It has really simplified the large file sharing process.

WeTransfer review by Daniyal K.
Daniyal K.

"Thank God for this!"

What do you like best?

Everything. It was really difficult for me initially to send files which were more than 25MB. Gmail and Microsoft email accounts don't send more than this. To my colleagues sharing files via a USB or a CD was even possible but was extremely time consuming. Problem still remained how to send data to people outside office. WeTransfer literally saved all these problems. I could easily upload a file up to 2GB for free and then send it via an email to the desired person's email which could be accessible from anywhere. The software is extremely easy to use, not confusing at all and also as a bonus, files sent via WeTrafer could even be accessed on our mobile phone.

What do you dislike?

To attach large data files, we need a strong internet connectivity. If I have a weak connection and a large attachment to attach, the file may fail again and again which sometimes gets annoying. Chances are less but still possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended to individuals who send large data to people regularly. Better than any other transfer website/software out this

WeTransfer has been a blessing on me for my work. On my company's intranet network, I couldn't access Dropbox and Gdrive (as they were external storage software) so I couldn't send large files by converting them into a link. Through WeTranser, I can easily send large files to the relevant people easily. Another benefit I've had with this is that when I send data via email, a back up copy is also saved in my "sent items" so WeTransfer even acts as a file storage software. I even downloaded the WeTransfer mobile data app recently as this helps in uploading large videos directly from my phone and sent via email to a different email. Becaus eof me being in the pharmaceutical industry, I have to keep a lot of doctors in touch with recent videos of promotion and WeTransfer helps in sending these files in a timely manner.

WeTransfer review by Richard J. M.
Richard J. M.

"Great for anyone who want to move big files"

What do you like best?

It is free for up to 2 gig. If you have more to send it will cost more, but is still reasonable.

What do you dislike?

Have a restriction so sometimes you have to do it multiple times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use for you and your less technical clients. It makes getting a sending large files easy. Sometimes client do not know how to use dropbox or Google drive, so giving them this website will make it very easy for all.

When clients need to send me files I can give them this website and they can easily send them to me. It makes a dropbox, mail or email problems go away.

WeTransfer review by Fred H.
Fred H.

"Makes your files transfer process even easier than before"

What do you like best?

The fact that it can easily pass along larger files is very helpful for a deadline-packed world we work in. Those hard to handle videos and graphics are now a cinch, allowing today's media and marketing agencies a better way to collaborate with editing and quality control.

What do you dislike?

To get the best use out of this product at the end of the day, you really do need the paid version. But we have that, so I'm not complaining too much about it. That said, a warning to startups lacking scope for such things: if you don't have it, can't afford it or don't tend to work with large scale files that often, you're likely to be better off just emailing smaller files to people, as simple email attachments will accommodate that size and scope just as efficiently. Ergo, WeTransfer free version would be useless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't recommend the paid version enough. Dead simple to use, you can have multiple people in your business using it at the same time, and makes it miles better for collaborative purposes with you graphic design teams and account managers (as one example). Should you handle video transferrance in your daily work, you'd benefit from software like WeTransfer greatly.

Transferrance of larger files (PDFs, videos, Folders) to both clients and customers. It saves us the time of going through the email process, only to discover we can't send the email the recipient effectively.

WeTransfer review by Muneeba F.
Muneeba F.

"Send large files instantly"

What do you like best?

I can add multiple files to send to my recipient. All I have to do is add my email, the recipient's email and then attach my files. 3 simple steps and click send. Yes, Its THAT simple. The upgraded version is even cheap to use in my opinion. The free version allows 2 GB of files that can be sent. WeTransfer Plus allows to send up to 20 GB. That too at an easy cost of $12 / month which I think is quite reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I have ha a few problems of using WeTransfer in my phone. It has crashed a lot of times and it gets annoying later on Other than this, no issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If anyone sends large files to their colleagues or friends, this is the software to all your needs

Thank GOD for this software. Previously it was very difficult to share large files to my colleagues. Being a Tech company, we are not allowed to bring in external storage devices and in order to send files to my colleague sitting floors under me, I had to send him via a GDrive link and then call/ask him personally to see if he received it or not. Now, I can just WeTransfer whatever files I have and then when the recipient opens the file, I get an email informing me that the email has been opened and the file downloaded. Safety, security and privacy of the document is protected. Love it.

WeTransfer review by User in Design
User in Design

"Best dropbox website to transfer any types of files"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about We transfer is I can transfer any type of big files without any problem. Unlike sending big files through outlook it takes forever and most of the time if its a big file the email doesn't even go through. We transfer has helped me in the past with sending clients native files without any problems. I get a notification when the client opens the email and also receives a copy of the same email sent to the client. Another thing I like its Free to use the basic account. The upload and download speed is super fast. And anyone can download the file without any problems. No need to make a username and password. After sending the file you get also a copy of the link which comes in handy sometimes so you can just copy and share the link to everyone.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about We transfer is..after certain days of sending the file to a client and if the client or the user doesn't open the file.. The File from the we transfer gets deleted. So I would have to send the same files again..which can get annoying sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its easy to upload and easy to download. Never had any problems with using it.

The main problems I had with sending files using outlook was it would never go through because the native files was too big. With we transfer sending big files was easy and fast.

WeTransfer review by Administrator in Automotive
Administrator in Automotive

"Very easy to use We Transfer"

What do you like best?

Free and very easy to use. The best program for transferring large files that I have found so far.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I have not had any issues withthis program what so ever. This program works great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use to transfer files. FTP sites are hard to use and are complicated. We Transfer takes the complication out of sending large files. It makes it easy to upload multiple files at one time and gives you 2GB for free. You get a notification of the transfer to know it went through. I have not tried the paid versions but assume they will give more options and make the process a plus. This program works well with Microsoft based programs or photos. I have not tried it with any Apple products so I cannot rate that. I have searched and tried to look for other programs but other programs require more information or do not make the transfer process as easy. I am glad that another company recommended WeTransfer to me. I am not sure why many people do not know about it. It is probably hard for the company to advertise and get their name out in the industry. I cannot compare it to Dropbox because I have not used that program. I have seen multiple advertisements for Dropbox but not for WeTransfer. The free option has been around for the 3 years I have been using it so I do not see them applying a fee anytime soon.

Sending large files. When your FTP site is not easy to use, this make it very easy to transfer large files.

WeTransfer review by Ethan S.
Ethan S.

"A more impressive alternative to Dropbox"

What do you like best?

The edge to edge beautiful images and artwork displayed in the background along with the minimalistic layout of buttons make it a pleasant experience for both me and my clients.

What do you dislike?

The upload limit is disappointing for the free account, but I understand why they have it.

Visually speaking, WeTranfer is simply more of a pleasant experience in comparison to their competition. I can’t count the number of times I’ve heard people tell me they’ve never heard of this way of transferring files before, but now that I’ve introduced it to them, they use it all the time for their own purposes.

WeTransfer review by Tyler S.
Tyler S.

"Great tool especially the free use"

What do you like best?

Majority of free email services won't let you send those large files. Love that wetransfer allows you to send up to 2GB files for free.

What do you dislike?

Wish that it was 3GB for free instead of 2. I sometimes need the 3GB but don't use often enough to benefit from the paid plan.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to use if you're sending small enough files. Really depends on what your use is. Great for me sending >2GB files of video

When users upload speeds or computers are blocked from firewalls from uploading their teams video to their Hudl account, I transfer the video from them to me via wetransfer so we can get it uploaded for them.

WeTransfer review by Benjamin J.
Benjamin J.

"Super handy tool if you have large files to send!"

What do you like best?

I like that with their free feature you can send up to 2GB of data. This is so essential when you're trying to quickly transfer a large file to a friend or colleague.

What do you dislike?

With the free feature, you have a limited amount of time to download the file before it is no longer available. However, I understand the reasoning behind this and it is a very reasonable amount of time for you to accept the file. I think it's like a day or two.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really handy service. It will even allow you to compose and email if you are sending it to a colleague so that your file transfer can be professional.

It allows you to easily transfer large files that most email companies do not allow. The paid feature allows you to send up to 20GB of data. It's incredibly handy because you could download something onto a hard drive but then you'd have to send the hard drive to something. This skips that.

WeTransfer review by Emilee C.
Emilee C.

"Best FTP possible for all uses"

What do you like best?

No matter the client we need to send or receive files to, we have no issues with WeTransfer. It is easy to use, but also has no problems with the different types of firewalls we've come across. We do have a premium account, but the free version works just as well for our clients.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues when the site will be down and just not send the file. WeTransfer sends you two emails, one when the file has been sent and one when the file has been downloaded. We notice on occasion that we just never get an email that the file has been sent. There have been times where a day has passed and no matter how many times we send the files, it does not go through.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the free version for a time to see how to works for your needs. I think you will find it easy to use and worth your time.

This is the simplest FTP we have found that both our employees and clients can use without any issues.

WeTransfer review by Ligia D.
Ligia D.

"Best and fastest way to send files"

What do you like best?

I like how simple and easy it is to both upload and download the files. I can upload and send multiple files at once, and very large ones, and it is just dummyproof. Also, I find that their feature of letting you know when the person downloads your file is super useful, especially for business purposes.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to have access to an account, maybe so I could check my history, which links have been clicked and which haven't. Some sort of way of keeping track of all my uploads and downloads at once. For example, for this review, since our company does not use WeTransfer Plus, we are unable of uploading a logged in screenshot, so we are only uploading a screenshot of the emails that we send and receive through using WeTransfer. It is possible to keep track of everything through those e-mails, but it isn't optimal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only one person should be in charge of sending the files, if possible, so keeping track of the downloads is easier and more organized.

I am solving major sharing problems. I work at an audiovisual translation company and we have to share tons of video files daily. This helps me both send large files quicker and keep track of who has downloaded their files. We are nowadays starting to use the device app as well and considering to purchase a Plus license.

WeTransfer review by Arielle R.
Arielle R.

"WeTransfer Review"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use - just drag and drop. Interface is easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

I typically use the option to get an immediate link, rather than an email, because sometimes it can take awhile to receive the email. However, then I don't have the paper trail that I'd like to have, with the email. Would be nice if there was some way for it to archive the links that it immediately spits out to you. Would also be nice to be able to customize those links like Bitly links so it could indicate what's in that link.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great quick and easy option to relay files - similar to RelayIt - when you're sending large files that are too big for email. Which for us, is frequent.

The ability to send large files and documents, which we do frequently. Also helps not bog down inboxes with size limits, as it's not an attachment, and I can just immediately download it. Means much less constant inbox clean up!

WeTransfer review by Courtney S.
Courtney S.

"WeTransfer"

What do you like best?

I can seamlessly transfer big files without having to take up storage space on email or online storage.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes my customers say the file links don't work, but that is not very often.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend WeTransfer because it's so easy to use. You don't have to read a manual to figure out how to work it. It's so simple and it saves time.

Having the ability to send large files by links helps tremendously. It saves time because I don't have to go back to my designer to make a smaller file.

WeTransfer review by André R.
André R.

"Second to none when it comes to file sharing"

What do you like best?

I really like the availability of it. There is no need to go through any sort of pesky registration process. Easy and practical are two of the words I would use to praise Wetransfer. Just having an email is the only requirement to use it.

What do you dislike?

The only troubles I've ever had are not Wetransfer's fault. My internet connection can be really slow at time so the download would fail and I would need to begin downloading once again, but as I said, not Wetransfer's fault. The easy interface makes it easy to start downloading again in case the first time it fails.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't find any other filesharing tool as easy and reliable as Wetransfer out there. All you need is a valid email address and you are good to go.

My current jobs demans being able to share videos fast and efficiently, and Wetransfer has been of enormous importance in that endevour.

WeTransfer review by Diana N.
Diana N.

"We transfer review"

What do you like best?

I think it works great. You do not have to register and sign up to do it or receive anything. You just use your email and start upload immediately. Very simple, one page and works wonderful to send big files to someone.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I have any issues with the program right now. I think when we are not home and sending something that may take a few hours, sometimes it's hard to know where it is at with being finished. You might get nervous that it didn't send. So to have a real time update or a text or email saying what percentage would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I just think it's a great product that is simple to use and fast. Helps a lot in a fast paced world where you need to share a lot of info or files to others. Great for working freelance.

Sharing photo's, video and music very quickly instead of meeting someone and sharing hard drives. Especially for working in media and photography.

WeTransfer review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Finally able to share and send large files!"

What do you like best?

With Wetransfer, I can receive and send large files to my colleagues without any problems. This too is super easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any issues with Wetransfer so I can't say there is anything I dislike about it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool makes sharing large amounts of information very easy. There is even an app you can download to store pics, etc. Very convenient and useful tool.

In the past on my job, my colleagues had problems sending Powerpoints to me because the files were toon large. It was always an inconvenience on my job. With this tool, my colleagues can send large files and I am able to open them with no problem. Makes my job easier.

WeTransfer review by User

"Just as easy as drop box"

What do you like best?

When using WeTransfer, you don't even have to log in to send a file. It makes it so much easier especially when sending larger files to people who may not know how to use dropbox or how to log in or anything.

What do you dislike?

The home page is a little tricky to navigate but once you figure out how to download the file it works fine.

People sometimes don't want to deal with DropBox because you have to log in and stuff to use it, so it's easier without that step. We send press releases, photos, and videos to clients on a regular basis and sometimes WeTransfer is just easier.

WeTransfer review by User

"Wonderful tool for transfering large files"

What do you like best?

To deal with the file limitations of email, we love using this easy and straightforward online service. Not to mention free. Most people we communicate with, from customers to leads to our own team, need to transfer files such as photos, videos and batches of pdf documents with many pages. So WeTransfer helps use compile all files into one attachment for easy download. Safe and secure.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. There may be better ways to streamline and require less steps but that would probably mean security and privacy could take a hit. So all their processes make sense and are resonable -- just a few clicks and your download will be ready. There's no way to download single files that I know of, but that would be good too in case you don't want to download the whole zip.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of a few of the best and most well known file sharing sites. It's free and worth a try and can make your life much easier. Files can be bundled together which makes it great to keep things organized and transferred quickly.

We can transfer files quickly easily and securely which makes dealing with projects much easier. There aren't many steps required to sign up upload and download files so there isn't much time wasted. We can collaborate much more efficiently.

WeTransfer review by Bobbi  M.
Bobbi M.

"Great way to transfer larger than normal files"

What do you like best?

That it is free and you can send files that are slightly larger than your typical free email providers.

What do you dislike?

That you have to pay for larger file transfer but I get it and it makes sense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must have in the back pocket for any user that handles larger file sizes.

I work with video files and its nice to be able to transfer video from users and customers that have issues with the same video files on their end.

WeTransfer review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Simple drag drop deliver and download ... "

What do you like best?

This is a great solution for people that often have large files that they need to get to a customer / client and because of the size can't email it. It's simple for both the user and the end-user to use and provides a great alternative to storing files in a place that you don't necessarily need them on a cloud. Just like the title says ... it's as simple as Drag, drop, deliver, and download ... but there is no Grade "D" for this great little solution to one of life's little challenges.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I don't like is that the files (in the free version) are only kept for 7 days. This is a minor nuisance but I have had a few times where I had to resend the files because the client didn't download them in time. No fault of wetransfer, so it's not really a "dislike".

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely, this is a simple drag and drop solution for getting files from one place to another with confirmation of whether the files have been transferred. Great way to "CYA" cover your A**. :P

Often large project files are just too darn big for email. Instead of taking up my storage space in a dropbox or other place ... I simple zip up the file and wetransfer to my client. Best part is ... I know if the files have been delivered or downloaded!!!

WeTransfer review by Eric N.
Eric N.

"WeTransfer.com is a life saving free service"

What do you like best?

For the files we need to send to clients that have small in boxes or cant access Apple Mails drop service WeTransfer is the perfect service.

What do you dislike?

Wish the basic free service allowed for slightly larger files...but its free so really cant complain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Faster than FTP and can send directly to the client a link for their download makes WeTransfer hands down our go to large file transfer service

Easily send files to large to email to clients, or for them to send to us.

WeTransfer review by Administrator

"Easy photo transfer for everyone!"

What do you like best?

The ease up loading photos to customers, as well as receiving photos from customers for our projects. The simplicity of their process is easy to follow for novice/newbies to experts. Being able to white label your account and brand to your company's branding standards. The upload of your branded avatar, Background and Email Background is simple and quick. It outlines the maximum file size that can be uploaded and how many the user can upload to use.

What do you dislike?

The options and features of the plus plan aren't clearly spelled out or defined in one area/location. I had to submit and correspond with customer service to answer a question that could have been answered in the FAQ section or explained in what the plus account provides above the free account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it's something you will use over and over again. Also, be ok with white labeling another software for your own company.

Customer's providing their photos for their PMS to push to their connected channels. Customers can upload all photos together at once or break it up based on their property and submit multiple transfers to us. It allows for easy uploading into our software by keeping things tidy and organized.

WeTransfer review by Sotir N.
Sotir N.

"We Transfer Love it"

What do you like best?

Very good site. It helps me to always send large files at far. I am a web designer and often send the original files that weigh around 1GB in We Transfer.

Everyone gets a link to the file and can istegli when it pleases. File away about two weeks in what could be istegli from anywhere. When you send a file to a friend and he istegli, you get a notice that he downloaded

The free version is up to 2GB has paid up to 20GB. Before I used paid up to 10GB, but now free and work for me this time.You can pay month to month if you need more space now for example. It is very convenient

What do you dislike?

I like everything. They can only improve the speed of uploading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

May allow larger files.More choices of different plans

When I send a file to my work use We Transfer.

WeTransfer review by Tracey S.
Tracey S.

"Great tool for transfering extremely big files from one person to another"

What do you like best?

I like that there is a free version of this product. I use this app occasionally to transfer very large video files from my video expert to me or vice versa. Our internal "drop boxes" are not big enough to handle video transport from one employee to another. WeTransfer allows me to upload my large file(s), enter an email of where it's going to, and then you're done. So incredibly simple, you don't even need instructions. It automatically sends an email to the recipient and it has a link they click to get to the site to download the file. Extremely simple to use. What a great product. There is a paid version of this as well to skip the ads and to hold even larger files and for a longer period of time. The free version I think keeps files only for one week. But hey, it's free!

What do you dislike?

I really can't complain about anything with the product. I have used it over 10 times just in the last six months time. It's not a product I use every day, but when I need to move large files to someone else and they are way too big for email, WeTransfer is my go to app to use. They do have wacky graphics on their site, but that really doesn't have anything to do with the quality of their app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is right and the premium version is not high priced either. I'd highly recommend this app to anyone who wants to move large/huge files from one person to another and you have access to the Cloud. It is extremely simple to use for both the sender of the file and the recipient.

I needed to move very large video files that were too big for email and too bit for our internal "drop box" to another coworker. WeTransfer allows me to place my huge file in the cloud and sends an email to the recipient and then they can download the file. WeTransfer then automatically deletes the file from the cloud in one week. This is also in my budget - free.

WeTransfer review by User in Business Supplies and Equipment
User in Business Supplies and Equipment

"Fast, Reliable, Great"

What do you like best?

That it's free and easy to use! The user interface is great making it easy for anyone to use. I love the drag and drop feature for uploading. Also, the fact that you don't have to go through a registration process to use is wonderful.

What do you dislike?

The only negative I have encountered is not a WeTransfer problem but at times I have a slow internet connection and for larger files the download can fail. However, with the great interface it's really easy to start the download again making it less of a hassle that it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend that you at least give it a try. It's the easiest file transfer program I have used to date.

We often time have to send proofs to customers that are too large to send via email. Using WeTransfer has made it super simple to send a high resolution proof to my customer. The fact that I am notified when my customer downloads the file is also a great benefit. Proofs can be time sensitive and knowing they have downloaded the file makes it easier for me to know when to follow-up if I haven't heard from them.

WeTransfer review by Ketch W.
Ketch W.

"Just the best option for designers, a cinch to use!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, no need to log in / make a membership / manage space or saved files.

It is just the best for any client, it requires very little explanation even for first time users which is a great help when there are already so many variables to discuss and confront when working on collaborative projects.

What do you dislike?

I could see the size limit for standard users being a problem for some, but it hasn't been an issue for me yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it. Seriously, it is the best option out there for file transfers.

Graphic design and illustration work, primarily I use it to transfer massive design files that would not be sendable with ease by any other method that does not require a membership, which can halt work when interacting with so many different folks.

WeTransfer review by Nolwenn C.
Nolwenn C.

"Perfect"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer is really easy to use and really pratical to send big size files.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about WeTransfer, this application always helping me and I never had any problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A lot of company should go ahead to WeTransfer, it´s a really good tools to simplificate the work life of them employes

In my last conpany we used Gmail for email, but I had to send a lot of big files to suppliers, so without wetransfer i won´t be able to work, because this files were the beginning of all my work

WeTransfer review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Wetransfer file transfer services"

What do you like best?

It is about as simple as it gets. All you do is enter your email, the recipients email, upload the files and send it off.

What do you dislike?

Honestly nothing. It is very easy to use and there isn't much to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easiest way to share big files

We receive huge art files to print and can't send or receive more than 15 MB per email and wetransfer allows you to send 2 GB at a time.

WeTransfer review by Bethany T.
Bethany T.

"Easy, user-friendly, quick. "

What do you like best?

WeTransfer is super user-friendly and the convenience of sending straight to an email address is perfect!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't encountered anything I dislike about this software. I have heard that there is an expiration time of the link sent to the recipient, but I have only had one client have trouble with the link expiring.

Quick transfer of files. It is so much easier than Dropbox or similar softwares.

WeTransfer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy and Efficient"

What do you like best?

I really like the two options for sharing: either link or email the receiver directly. It makes this very user friendly and allows me to customize my message if I'd like to share the download in my own email client or application.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any dislikes. But, one area for improvement would be the main landing page. The actual tool itself is a very small footprint with large ads/graphics on the rest of the page. Having a bit more space for the tool itself may make it a bit more user friendly and intuitive. At first it's a bit hard to tell where to click to start the process. Once you do it once, however, it's very easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I currently utilize the free WeTransfer when I encounter limitations on my company internal FileTransfer tool or when I need to easily share large files for my personal small business (photography). If you are considering this tool for a larger implementation, you'll want to most likely understand more about the security behind the file transfer and what options are available with how long files are available, etc. I do like that if I have a vendor or contact that is external to the company, I can easily share files with that individual without any headaches and know that the file will "expire" after a limited amount of time.

Sometimes I need to send large files very quickly. With large graphics and photos, often many sharing sites "max out" with file size limitations. I like that I can see the progress of my upload (instead of wondering whether it's truly working or if the page froze) and get a confirmation when my receiver accesses the file(s). I really like those benefits.

WeTransfer review by Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.

"Easiest way to share photos"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer gives you lots of sharing space, we can easily share a whole photoshoot in one transfer

What do you dislike?

I wish it remembered past email contacts better, most of the time it does but sometimes it cannot recall a previous recipient

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version is more than sufficient for daily use. Just don't wait too long to download your files because the links do expire after so many days.

We're able to get a whole shoot from our offsite photographer in one easy download which is great

WeTransfer review by User

"Excellent file delivery service "

What do you like best?

I LOVE WeTransfer. When my company switched from using primarily Dropbox to using WeTransfer to deliver images to our clients, it was a total game changer! It sped everything up a ton and made our jobs so much easier!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the window for writing messages in is so small. It takes a lot of scrolling sometimes to proof read a message to a client.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Send files smaller than 1GB for quicker transferring.

We have been able to save a ton of time and streamline the way we deliver images to our clients.

WeTransfer review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Amazing service for sending large files!"

What do you like best?

Wetransfer allows you to send large files (ones that are too big to email) to people with a few clicks of the mouse. The free version allows you to send up to 2 gb files, whereas the paid version lets you send files up to a whopping 20 gb! Plus, the interface features some really cool looking monsters, not just a boring old layout.

What do you dislike?

Once again, there is nothing that I don't like about it. It's another one of those services that does what it says, with minimal user effort.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it! You don't even need to have an account to send files. It's so easy even a...wait a minute, that's already be done. Just use it, you'll dig it.

We can now transfer large file sizes to one another, to vendors, and to customers, without having to worry about the dreaded "return to sender" email notification complete with all of the crazy line syntax going on.

WeTransfer review by Hannah K.
Hannah K.

"Works efficently, quick downloads of files"

What do you like best?

Can receive it from email quickly and efficently

What do you dislike?

I can't seem to have a login to manage the files sent to me

I am benefiting by being able to send files to designers to make my job more time efficient and technology driven

WeTransfer review by Sarah R.
Sarah R.

"Great for large files--even the free version!"

What do you like best?

You don't need to have the premium membership to send large files. We use outlook at work and many of the marketing files are too large to send via email so WeTransfer comes in very handy.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of much that I dislike--you only have so much time before the link expires but that isn't too big of an issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can only speak to the free version but for a free product it works fantastic!

Mainly the collaboration between marketing and Quality assurance has been made much easier through the use of WeTransfer.

WeTransfer review by Paul L.
Paul L.

"Great Free Large File Transfer App"

What do you like best?

I like the ability WeTransfer offers in allowing ease of transfer of over GB files using a web browser and then copying a URL link and send this via email to friends to download.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an app that can be downloaded onto the desktop that is browser independent that will work with WeTransfer

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend WeTransfer as a proven solution in transmitting large files that cannot be sent as email attachments.

WeTransfer resolves problems encountered when files we need to transfer to others are just too large to email. Also since this may be a one time occurence, it's great that the file is removed after being left for 7 days.

WeTransfer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Excellent source for transferring large files safe and secure"

What do you like best?

We transfer offers a free service to transfer large files safe and secure. They even send a follow up email when the recipient receives the email. We never have had an issue with this service. They do offer a larger paid version as well.

What do you dislike?

There really is not to many drawback to this company. Again safe and secure. They only thing I could say is that sometimes in the middle it locks up occasionally and then resets itself and then you have to start over. But for a free service, you have to deal with this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for yourself and see if you like it. Again it is absoultely free!!

Transferring large art files to different vendors for creation, proof and printing.

WeTransfer review by Jessica d.
Jessica d.

"Simple and Secure File Sharing"

What do you like best?

I like being able to select the documents, ad the email and message and just leave it to upload and not worry about it. It's also nice to know when my clients open their download link so I know they've received it.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the 7 day limit, it has caused some endless reuploading for clients who aren't as quick to check their inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a good wifi connection else uploads can take ages!

File sharing

WeTransfer review by Riccardo V.
Riccardo V.

"Best way to share"

What do you like best?

What i do like the best about We Transfer is that i can easily share business documents with my colleagues and friends. It's the best for graphic designer as me, because you can see other projects while you are waiting for your upload to be done. And you can find out more about that artisti clicking on the background image.

What do you dislike?

What i dislike? Pretty nothing because its quite perfects. Of course if you go Premium you can upload files 2gb+ but you can send more files 1gb+ so you don't need to be premium.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try to use retransfer. A lot of my friends didn't knew this program, when i told them to use this, they fell in love and now only use we transfer to share.

I'm solving my problem with sharing draft with colleagues and clients. We need to share heavy files but we transfer is very fast and you don't need to use the usb key to share files.

WeTransfer review by Yasmine F.
Yasmine F.

"Saves me from alot of hassle with clients!"

What do you like best?

I can leave large files transferring when I'm finished from work and they just send to the client automatically once they're uploaded

What do you dislike?

The link expires after a couple of days. When I work with overseas clients, sometimes the process is very long and by the time to output files get delivered to the printers, the link has already expired

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommended and transfers are quite fast as well!

Transferring large files. When before I used to have clients come to the office for a CD with large files, I now use wetransfer.

WeTransfer review by Simon I.
Simon I.

"Excellent file transfer system for delivering file to clients"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy use with power user features if you sign up for a pro account.

What do you dislike?

Even with a pro account we have to maintain files within the we transfer system to make sure we have enough space at all times. This may be an issue for a user who transfers a lot of large video files.

We are solving the problem of getting large files to clients all across the world.

WeTransfer review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"We Transfer greatness"

What do you like best?

It's free and seems secure. You can transfer large file sizes and it lets you know when the receiver has gotten your email and opened it. Also like that it has a time limit and expires after a certain time limit.

What do you dislike?

Everytime I log in it asks me to upgrade, I dont need to upgrade, quit asking every time!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great easy product to use when needing to send large files. I would look into security options if the materials are sen

Sending large files that I cant send on my normal email server.

WeTransfer review by John J.
John J.

"Best File Transfer App"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Simple. Quick. No learning needed

What do you dislike?

I like everything it provides and fully satisfies my needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. You will experience the difference

Video editing and transferring results to end user. Time saver. I have used Hightail, SendThisFile and now WeTransfer.

WeTransfer review by Linda R.
Linda R.

"Super easy and useful"

What do you like best?

Incredibly easy and the free product gives you so many great features including notification of receipt.

What do you dislike?

Nothing! The free version of this product is simply perfect to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it- you cannot find an easier way to transfer files easily. If you have large files, I would imagine the pro version is totally worth it.

Transferring large files easily, which I have done and saved time, money, and energy.

WeTransfer review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"I Love WeTransfer"

What do you like best?

Mainly how easy it is to send large files!

What do you dislike?

I wish they made an app or Chrome Extension to send files more easily

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great way to send original large files without any issues

When I try to send large PDG or PPTs to airline companies and financial institutions internationally, most of their email servers have a limit of the file that can be accepted. Using WeTransfer has solved this problem

WeTransfer review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"We like WeTransfer"

What do you like best?

What is there not to like. You can send large files to anyone with an internet connection and a email address with ease. Just enter an email address and pick the file you need/want to send and press send. Easy as pie.

What do you dislike?

There are some limits to the free version. The most anoying being the You-can't-send-whole-folders rule. But if that's an issue for you just sign up for the paid service and that pesky issue fades away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Free is good. Paid is better. You get more flexability and services that make file sharing and storing easier for you.

Simple. Clients need to see what I'm working on and the files are too big to just email, so I send them using WeTransfer.

WeTransfer review by Administrator in Gambling & Casinos
Administrator in Gambling & Casinos

"Love WeTransfer!"

What do you like best?

Since discovering WeTransfer a few years ago it has been my go to file transfer source since. No sign up necessary. The free platform allows you to send up to 2GB per transfer. It’s highly reliable and have had no issues sending files and proofs to my clients and vendors.

What do you dislike?

I currently do not have any dislikes with WeTransfer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

Flawless transfers for our very large files as needed.

WeTransfer review by Marcin P.
Marcin P.

"Most effective way to transfer big files to friends!"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and high usability of the service. High speed. Very good and simple phone app. Good system of process information emails.

What do you dislike?

This is of minor importance - the issue of promoting the "premium" service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

simple and reliable - just try it!

transfer of wideo materials right from my phone to email receivers - for example while solving the service problems with help-line.

WeTransfer review by Michael A.
Michael A.

"Extremely easy for sending medium to large files"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Download confirmation. Useful free and paid tiers. Modern design.

What do you dislike?

Occasional server down time, but we're quick to get it back up and running.

Easy and quick transfer of files. Quicker workflow. Better communication.

WeTransfer review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"WeTransfer Is A Great Office Tool!"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer is super easy to use. Instead of the hassle of sending mutiple emails or zip files, I can send files securely to various people at work or to clients I work with. Super simple, and free.

What do you dislike?

The loading time takes quite a while for bigger files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try the free version for any regular emails you need to send. I haven't tried the paid version because I haven't had the need to just yet, but it's a reliable source to send files quickly & easily.

Solving the issue of lack of space on a general server + not having to send multiple emails or zip files for large files.

WeTransfer review by User in Cosmetics
User in Cosmetics

"Large files? No prob"

What do you like best?

Large files take a lot of time to download or to upload in an email. This site makes sharing a large file so easy

What do you dislike?

The board looked like Pinterest, it’s not a problem but it looks like a media board

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you frequently send large file then this is the app for you!

In my line of work there are media, decks and files that has to be shared with colleagues and sending and email to everyone only to find out the file was too big can be frustrating. With we transfer just upload the file, share the link and done!

WeTransfer review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Effortless large file sharing"

What do you like best?

WeTransfer is invaluable for sharing large files with our suppliers in Europe and especially in Asia, where several other file sharing sites are blocked or inoperable. Totally seamless and hassle-free experience, beautiful interface, artist backgrounds!

What do you dislike?

2gb file limits means sometimes I have to split large folders into multiple uploads.

We used to have to share art files on physical media because most file sharing sites have difficulty operating in certain countries, but WeTransfer has worked perfectly in countries, such as China, where file sharing used to be much more prohibitive and difficult.

WeTransfer review by Aykut Y.
Aykut Y.

"Greatway of transfering large files"

What do you like best?

Its so convenient to transfer large files over the internet with this software

What do you dislike?

Its not the software fault but large files sometimes take time to upload

Recommendations to others considering the product

File storing will be much eaiser, give it a try

We bave large catalogs that we sometimes share with cusomers. Unfortunately there are so large to send via email. We send links to these catalogs

WeTransfer review by tessa l.
tessa l.

"Easy/user freindly"

What do you like best?

It easily gets the job done and it is well designed

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything that I can tell so far! It seems pretty simple and to the point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is simple and easy to figure out! The design is appreciated. The fact that it is free is also amazing!

File sharing made easy - and safe!

WeTransfer review by User in Professional Training & Coaching
User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Great Way to Send Lg Files"

What do you like best?

Easy, no account required and you can send a link or email.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a higher gb limit, but I have not personally had a problem in sending anything of mine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the most part there is no need to have the full version, i only use the no sign-in feature of the platform to send large graphic design files and images

Sending Adobe Illustrator files is so much easier. I work with overseas vendors so sometimes they don't have access to dropbox, etc. Its nice that they can just click to download.

WeTransfer review by John H.
John H.

"Fantastic alternative to Dropbox"

What do you like best?

It's a great, free file sharing service for any file up to 2GB. Simple interface that lets you know when your file has been downloaded.

What do you dislike?

I think a desktop application would be a good option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a must for anyone needing to quickly transfer large files.

When we need to send a large file without the need for loging into an account. Quick and very easy to use.

WeTransfer review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"File Transfer Made Easy"

What do you like best?

Sending files is so much easier now that our team is using WeTransfer. I love that you can simply drag and drop your file(s) and click send or copy a link!

What do you dislike?

Aside from generic art backgrounds on the free version, there's nothing that I dislike about WeTransfer.

Prior to WeTransfer, we were using Fetch and a shared FTP site. This was tedious at times. Now, we have a Plus account on WeTransfer, and it makes sharing files with the members of our team - along with those outside of our department - so quick and easy.

WeTransfer review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Solid and reliable for sending large files"

What do you like best?

I most appreciate the ability to send files up to 2 gigabytes without signing up or subscribing.

What do you dislike?

The changing artwork in the background of the webpage can be distracting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Always keep this website bookmarked for reference

It's a good backup for our internal transfer system which occasionally isn't compatible with the system of the recipient.

WeTransfer review by Amanda L.
Amanda L.

"Makes my life easier almost every day!"

What do you like best?

That it's free to transfer up to 2 GB files!

What do you dislike?

There's nothing that I don't like about this service

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this if you don't have an internal file sharing service at your company.

When I have to send large design files to colleagues it's super easy. Don't even have to log on!

WeTransfer review by Ilene A.
Ilene A.

"Fast and efficient file transfer"

What do you like best?

It is free for the most part and so easy to use. I love sharing it with clients...so much better than some of the other services

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any reason to dislike WeTransfer.

Great way to send large files to printers and clients.

WeTransfer review by Matteo M.
Matteo M.

"Great!"

What do you like best?

The easiness to use it and the simple way you can share files with colleagues.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the valid period for a download is too short but I can understand the reason behind this limitation.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just use it enjoying the useful service.

It helps me in many situations.

Send huge files around to other people who have mailboxes not big enough.

WeTransfer review by Consultant in Management Consulting
Consultant in Management Consulting

"Solid File Sharing"

What do you like best?

Easy, fast transferring. Simple interface.

What do you dislike?

Wish there were an option to generate a link only - I prefer to send my clients emails with a link in it rather than sending them the file directly, and I don't like putting in my own email address to get the link myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you want to send files directly, not as great if you'd prefer to get a link and send it (though that is still an option)

Sending large files that exceed the clients' email limits or our internal server's limits. I benefit from sending large files.

WeTransfer review by Ellie W.
Ellie W.

"Great for sending files"

What do you like best?

This product provides and easy way to send multiple people files that are no larger than 2GB. The site is straight forward and very easy to use. Files are also sent quickly and are easy for others to download. Great site for file sharing.

What do you dislike?

Wish it was easier to send larger files to other people.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product, easy to use and very straight forward. Very user friendly.

Easy and fast wait to directly send an share smaller files to other people.

WeTransfer review by Alistair W.
Alistair W.

"Transfer large files easily"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and you can send very large files (up to 2 GB on the free service) to any email address

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it does what you need - it gives you the ability to transfer large files

The transfer of large files

WeTransfer review by Guillermo C.
Guillermo C.

"Easy to use big files transfers"

What do you like best?

We Transfers is easy to use, it's cheap, even you can use it for free. There is a mobile version to send pictures. The free version give you until 2Gb files transfer. You can send several files to different people. You can create a personalize versions for you and your business. Also you can store until 50Gb files in total. But the most important feature is that you can personalized your pages with your images and logo.

What do you dislike?

The software needs a better management files interface that is very limited.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basic service but very reliable. It's free or cheap.

WeTransfer review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"WeTransfer Review"

What do you like best?

Great interface- so easy to use, and great "freemium" model

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about WeTransfer- i mean it takes a second to upload, but for a free file sharing service it's great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have to moderate file-sharing needs- this is THE service to use- my preferred. VERY easy interface.

i need to send moderate photo files to clients intermittently and this works perfectly

WeTransfer review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"A life-saver"

What do you like best?

I love being able to send large batches of files, and overall, files that wouldn't fit in an email. It's extremely useful for the type of projects I work on. It's nice to know when users have (or haven't) downloaded the files, too.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to zip files in order to keep them organized. It would be nice to be able to keep file hierarchy somehow. But it's not a major issue for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it. It's easy.

Sharing large files or large numbers of files with collaborators. It replaces clunky ftp and Cyberduck, which seemed very web 1.0.

WeTransfer review by User in Higher Education

"No excuses to let others access files"

What do you like best?

Hours video can be share easily. You will be satisfy also with the easy friendly use of this app.

What do you dislike?

I dislike nothing about this app yet, but you might have a backup of your files. There is an expiration date limit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!, you can also share live videos. Easy to use.

I do transfer to others my lectures and tutoring videos right away just by sharing a link.

WeTransfer review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Simple, yet great file transfer!"

What do you like best?

I love the ease of use. I can send files to my colleagues without worry about the technicality. I just put in their email and upload the files, and I'm done.

What do you dislike?

If I want to simply upload a file, I have to email it to myself. I'd like a way to just add it to my space.

I'm able to quickly send files to my colleagues.

WeTransfer review by Greg C.
Greg C.

"Good product"

What do you like best?

Easy to use just upload and send email to client and they get a link to a web page to download file

What do you dislike?

the web page for file download can confuse some people and they click in the wrong place and get frustrated and complain it is not working

it makes sending large files easier than sending through email

WeTransfer review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Such a convenient tool"

What do you like best?

I like that's it's free to use and super simple. I can use it anytime and anywhere.

What do you dislike?

One of the things I don't really like but is totally understandable since it's free, is the fact that you have seven days to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a wonderful tool to use especially if your a photographer

It helps our company by being able to transfer photos between studios easily and efficiently.

WeTransfer review by User in Graphic Design
User in Graphic Design

"favorite file transfer program "

What do you like best?

Super easy to use, don't need an account if its under a certain size.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into anything I dislike about it

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have larger files you'll need a plus account, but if they aren't too big you can just upload and send a link to whomever will be downloading the file. super quick and easy!

being able to send design files to co-workers and clients that are too large for email.

WeTransfer review by User in Architecture & Planning
User in Architecture & Planning

"Simple, no-fuss way to send large files"

What do you like best?

This is my go-to means of sending very large files to a client. It is very easy to upload and clients find it very intuitive to download.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can take awhile to upload and download. I also worry about how secure it is.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy, no-fuss way to send files to those less tech-savvy or in a hurry!

It is the easiest way to send large files.

WeTransfer review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Not at all useful."

What do you like best?

Just upload no need to login . Just put the email address of receiver an your work is done.

What do you dislike?

Why to use it , When I have more powerful services provider like Dropbox, Google Drive , etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have other alternatives ,but when in hurry use this its good but not best.

It saving our time. Send it to anyone .

WeTransfer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Convenient, easy way to transfer files"

What do you like best?

No sign-up necessary. Straightforward, quick and easy way to transfer a variety of files. User-friendly and free version offers more than you'd expect from an unpaid file hosting service.

What do you dislike?

No complaints with the service, works well and meets needs.

Solving the problems of transferring files when other services we use are down.

WeTransfer review by Dan L.
Dan L.

"Easy to use; file transfer site"

What do you like best?

Easy to use functionality, no login required for free purposes

What do you dislike?

limitations on file sizes; links do expire on free versions

Recommendations to others considering the product

Basic file sharing tool; web based and easy to use; can present some challenges on mobile

ability to share large files (photos, logos, etc.) between staff; media members and more

WeTransfer review by User

"File transfer without hassle"

What do you like best?

The fact that you dont have to fill a very long registration form in order to transfer files is simply amazing, with just your email and the recepients email, transfer of files can be done in few minutes. WeTransfer also supports large files which regular email services dont.

What do you dislike?

The 2gb limit can be improved. Transfer of larger file not possibe without upgrading to the plus option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Efficient way to share files.

File transfer and sharing

WeTransfer review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Comfortable way to send big files"

What do you like best?

It is easy with just a couple of buttons and does a small and helpful job

What do you dislike?

Its limitation in the free tier but I understand

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it for transferring big files without sensitive data

we send and receive large files without the need of a centralized storage

WeTransfer review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Simple and effective"

What do you like best?

This WebApp is very simple to setup and use.

No need to remeber to delete the file after use as with Dropbox.

The interface is minimal and the background images are nice to look at

What do you dislike?

There is not (I could not find) a desktop client to further speed up the process of sending large files

Send large files to customers

WeTransfer review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"A simple way to send files"

What do you like best?

You can send files for free; Allows you to add a message to the file; Allows you to send larger files that you can not send in email

What do you dislike?

Only allows sending files up to 2GB in the free version; sometimes it takes too long to load

Sending files easily and quickly, without complications

WeTransfer review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"So easy and makes my life a breeze"

What do you like best?

Never gets clogged up in my email! Fast and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - it does exactly what I need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The simplest and easiest way to do the job. Don't have any complaints.

Being able to quickly deliver large files.

"good for video files"

What do you like best?

I like that you can easily view large video files.

What do you dislike?

nothing really to dislike here in this case.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great, be sure to try it, especially for video files!

Our video production partner sends us videos via WeTransfer. TV commercials in process, etc.

Learning about WeTransfer?

* We monitor all WeTransfer reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.