Whaller

Whaller is a platform that enables its users to create private social networks for their organization or community.

Work for Whaller?

Whaller review by <span>Marc B.</span>
Marc B.

Since I know Whaller I use it every day

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the opportunity to access to several private networks with one account.

I like to be sure to have the control on my familly network.

And over all I like it is a European network with European / French rules. Yes Whaller is another way/app for social networks, but I know and I am sur my data are not "required" and resold, business is not made in my back with my personal and / or professional life.

What do you dislike?

The application on mobile has to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My main use is very special as it is for our family "social" network, but Whaller is the best application for this usage.

I use Whaller for relationships with academics of my business network.

My company will very probably use it next year (2018) - our subsidiary company does and is very satisfied with this professional network application.

I mainly use Whaller for our social (very large) family network. The use of the spheres is very good for that.

With Whaller I keep contact with my networks - professional and familial - all the day.

The mobile app is usefull while the day but at the end of the day I use my PC/Firefox to manage my network.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Whaller
Whaller review by User in Higher Education
Validated Review
What do you like best?

One of the frustrations at my job is the misuse of email -- staff struggles to send emails to groups (rather than the entire staff), to manage reply vs. reply all appropriately, and to have team-based discussions. Whaller provides a great way to organize these groups/networks to make communication easy

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to integrate this platform into another means of communication already in use among my staff. While Whaller has some great features, it's difficult to convince my coworkers to adopt another, separate space for communication and also expect them to check it as regularly as their email and Google Calendar.

As mentioned before, this helps with team/group-based communication, which is common at my workplace. This helps me to organize my network in the various groups and teams with which I work so that I can eliminate sending and receiving unnecessary or irrelevant emails.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Whaller review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

A complete solution for your business

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a completely private tool. I use it to communicate with my project partners. It is very convenient since I can use it to assign taks for a project, share a folder full of files, and not just a unique file. If you use Dropbox or Google Drive, you cen replace the native file manager by a Dropbox or Google Drive Widget.

I do not need to use a task manager app with my Whaller teams thanks to the native task kanban but it is not as powerfull as Trello even if it meets my needs.

The customer support is great. It is easy to get help from their founders and engineers and they help you implement Whaller if necessary.

Overall, Whaller is a very nice tool for teams. It can be a social network for you company, a file management tool, a project management tool and even a simplistic version of Sharepoint.

What do you dislike?

I think the mobile app is one thing that needs to be improved. It is something that is very common with apps that offer a lot of features: they can’t all fit in a mobile format. They said they are improving the mobile map so it will be ok soon. I do not even use the app thatmuch but I had to fill that space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for education and work because it makes your productivity increase. However, to make sure it is really useful, you’ll need to convince, and even force your team to use it. There will always be people that will not fancy using a tool they don’t know and you need to convince them. It is also true for every collaboration tool.

I was using Flock before Whaller. Flock is nice but I needed several oher features and adding a common Dropbox/Box, Trello/Asana, calendar integration that will satisfy everyone in my team would have been complicated. Whaller offers all these features even if they are not as powerfull. It is enough for me and my team.

Whaller review by <span>Rémi B.</span>
Rémi B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

L'outil de réseautage privatif de Whaller est esthétique, évolutif, créatif, souple, doté de dizaines de fonctionnalités qu' il est possible de croiser à l'envi pour concevoir tout type d'intranet collaboratif voire des ENT pour TPE ou PME avec peu de moyens financiers pour un fonctionnement optimal, hyper sécurisé grâce à l'ingéniosité et la forte réactivité des ingénieurs et de toute l'équipe de Whaller.

J'utilise cet outil depuis juin 2014 avec plus de 3000 heures de pratique à mon actif, et je suis capable actuellement de concevoir tout type de logistique ou de dispositif avec ou de former des équipes qui souhaiteraient gagner du temps.

Whaller c'est l'anti GAFA car aucune donnée n'est utilisée par whaller qui ne diffuse aucune publicité et assure un service en ligne d'assistance d'une qualité rare.

Bravo Whaller et merci !

What do you dislike?

Nothing !

Tout est formidable, continuez de nous enthousiasmer !

À chaque dispositif que je conçois je gagne un temps de conception très important en regard d'autres outils pour un coût très compétitif sur cette niche de marché.

Whaller review by <span>Christophe L.</span>
Christophe L.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

J'aime la simplicité et la clarté avec laquelle on évolue dans les sphères. Pas besoin de vérifier si les amis de mes amis pourront ou verront mes posts ou mes photos....non ici je suis dans un espace "secure" et je sais de façon très simple qui peut lire mes messages.

What do you dislike?

Rien de spécifique. Le produit évolue sans cesse et très rapidement. L'aide fournit est très réactive.

Le filtre n'est pour le moment pas actif sur la verion "application"; c'est une fonction très pratique pour retrouver un post, une photo, etc...

Whaller me permet d'entrevoir une évolution dans mon métier et d'améliorer la qualité des communications avec les membres de l'association à laquelle j'appartiens. Whaller dispose d'outils comparable à de vrai accélérateur de croissance.

Whaller review by <span>Wilfried B.</span>
Wilfried B.
Validated Review

Right platform for a school project

Validated Review
What do you like best?

It's private.

It's safe.

The design looks nice.

You can share a lot and select who you want to share it with.

The videoconference has the best image quality I've experienced so far.

What do you dislike?

The order of messages is not always logical to me.

Is it just French or is it international ?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap and confidential social media tool.

We are launching an international school project. The confidentiality of Whaller will be key to convince teachers to participate.

Learning about Whaller?

* We monitor all Whaller reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.