Whaller

Whaller is a platform that enables its users to create private social networks for their organization or community.

Work for Whaller?

Learning about Whaller?

Whaller Reviews

Ask Whaller a Question
Showing 27 Whaller reviews
Whaller review by priyu m.
priyu m.

" Build Own Private Social Networks"

What do you like best?

Whaller is a social networking software that enables organizations and associations to make their very own social system. A corporate social system enables organizations to keep up interior correspondence between organization representatives; energize the trading of thoughts among associates; and helps better coordinated effort in work ventures. For instructive gatherings, Whaller goes about as an augmentation of the classroom and causes understudies to oversee assemble ventures.

What do you dislike?

The iOS and android versions of this app are not as smooth and top notch as the web form, yet until further notice, this is anything but an extremely disturbing issue,

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having the shot of getting social system administrations with the realizing that your private information isn't being utilized for exposure is a quite incredible accomplishment these days, despite the fact that the versatile variant isn't comparable to the web one, it doesn't meddle with the superb recommendation that Whaller offers. To me, this is a win-win circumstance.

Whaller presents to us a keen method to communicate with our group and clients, on a private environment . Whaller is totally customisable and allows you to integrate your own tools.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Whaller
Whaller review by Marc B.
Marc B.

"Since I know Whaller I use it every day"

What do you like best?

I like the opportunity to access to several private networks with one account.

I like to be sure to have the control on my familly network.

And over all I like it is a European network with European / French rules. Yes Whaller is another way/app for social networks, but I know and I am sur my data are not "required" and resold, business is not made in my back with my personal and / or professional life.

What do you dislike?

The application on mobile has to be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My main use is very special as it is for our family "social" network, but Whaller is the best application for this usage.

I use Whaller for relationships with academics of my business network.

My company will very probably use it next year (2018) - our subsidiary company does and is very satisfied with this professional network application.

I mainly use Whaller for our social (very large) family network. The use of the spheres is very good for that.

With Whaller I keep contact with my networks - professional and familial - all the day.

The mobile app is usefull while the day but at the end of the day I use my PC/Firefox to manage my network.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Whaller review by Ionel O.
Ionel O.

"Since i have know Whaller We all utilize it every day"

What do you like best?

I like the possibility to accessibility to several private networks with one account.

I like to be certain to have the control on my familly system.

And over all I really like it is a Western european system with Western european and French guidelines. Indeed Whaller is another way/app for interpersonal networks, but I actually know and I actually am sur my data are not "required" and resold, business is not made in my back with my very own and / or professional life.

What do you dislike?

The particular particular application on mobile should be improved a bit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My main use is very special since it is for the family "social" network, but Whaller is the finest application for this usage.

I use Whaller for human human relationships with academics of my business system.

My company will very probably make full use of it the arriving year (2018) - our subsidiary company does and is very pleased with this professional system program.

I mainly use Whaller for the interpersonal (very large) family system. The consumption of the spheres is very good for that.

With Whaller I actually keep contact with my networks - professional and family - all the day.

The mobile iphone 4 iphone app is usefull while the day but at the ending of the day I personally use my PC/Firefox to control my system.

Whaller review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Whaller: An Outstanding Product."

What do you like best?

We liked using the product because we understood the overall importance of social media in the workplace. It is one thing to have social media. It is another thing to understand why it is important and also to be safe using it.

What do you dislike?

Whaller says that the interfaces are "clear and intuitive". This is a bold statement. I think that having clear and intutive interfaces can really be an extremely positive thing. I will need to use the product more to develop a clear view of the interfaces. Overall, there really isn't anything to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommned buying the product and teaching your employees about why social media is so extremely important in the workplace. Far too often, employees are not taught the necessary importance of this and it leads to failure.

We have solved the problem of efficiency within the social media realm. We hired someone to run social media and they are great at what they do. However, social media can only function when everyone using the product feels like they have great organization and protection. This company allows that to be possible.

Whaller review by Emily V.
Emily V.

"The use of Whaller is fuently and accessible."

What do you like best?

Whaller is much easier to use! It is easy to find important documentation, easy to organize work and meetings. The user interface is getting better and better and users can quickly understand how it works and where to write or search for information. Possibility of writing temporary messages, which are self-destructive ("recording messages), the publications allow the creation of polls, events and scribbles, notifications when adding a document to the box, PDF document viewer in spheres, Mobile application: new network creation path, mobile application: viewing of entry requests.

What do you dislike?

The defect is the mobile application. there is too much features we can not make yet compare to the computers version.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For now it's the best product to creat a community of customers/users and generate engagement. With a large choice of features (even in the free version), Whaller is a great way to create a smart and rich relationship with your community.

We use it as the mainstream of our exchange and especially on the market analysis we follow up on.

Whaller review by jennifer E.
jennifer E.

"whaller is great."

What do you like best?

Whaller is easy to use and customizable, facilitates videoconferencing and sharing information among my colleagues, It is not necessary to verify if friends of my friends can or want to see my publications or my photos, not here I am in a safe space and I know very well who can read my messages. It's very convenient since I can use it to assign tasks for a project, share a folder full of files and not just a single file.

It is easy to get help from its founders and engineers, and help you implement Whaller if necessary.

What do you dislike?

While Whaller has some excellent characteristics, it is difficult to convince my co-workers to adopt another separate space for communication. The mobile application can use a little more work. This would make things easier for me since I am constantly on the move.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The customer service is excellent.

I can get what I need done in no time and you can create a really great relationship between your employees using a platform like this.

Whaller review by User in Higher Education

"Interesting Solution for Network Communication "

What do you like best?

One of the frustrations at my job is the misuse of email -- staff struggles to send emails to groups (rather than the entire staff), to manage reply vs. reply all appropriately, and to have team-based discussions. Whaller provides a great way to organize these groups/networks to make communication easy

What do you dislike?

I wish that there were a way to integrate this platform into another means of communication already in use among my staff. While Whaller has some great features, it's difficult to convince my coworkers to adopt another, separate space for communication and also expect them to check it as regularly as their email and Google Calendar.

As mentioned before, this helps with team/group-based communication, which is common at my workplace. This helps me to organize my network in the various groups and teams with which I work so that I can eliminate sending and receiving unnecessary or irrelevant emails.

Whaller review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"A complete solution for your business"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it is a completely private tool. I use it to communicate with my project partners. It is very convenient since I can use it to assign taks for a project, share a folder full of files, and not just a unique file. If you use Dropbox or Google Drive, you cen replace the native file manager by a Dropbox or Google Drive Widget.

I do not need to use a task manager app with my Whaller teams thanks to the native task kanban but it is not as powerfull as Trello even if it meets my needs.

The customer support is great. It is easy to get help from their founders and engineers and they help you implement Whaller if necessary.

Overall, Whaller is a very nice tool for teams. It can be a social network for you company, a file management tool, a project management tool and even a simplistic version of Sharepoint.

What do you dislike?

I think the mobile app is one thing that needs to be improved. It is something that is very common with apps that offer a lot of features: they can’t all fit in a mobile format. They said they are improving the mobile map so it will be ok soon. I do not even use the app thatmuch but I had to fill that space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great tool for education and work because it makes your productivity increase. However, to make sure it is really useful, you’ll need to convince, and even force your team to use it. There will always be people that will not fancy using a tool they don’t know and you need to convince them. It is also true for every collaboration tool.

I was using Flock before Whaller. Flock is nice but I needed several oher features and adding a common Dropbox/Box, Trello/Asana, calendar integration that will satisfy everyone in my team would have been complicated. Whaller offers all these features even if they are not as powerfull. It is enough for me and my team.

Whaller review by RĂ©mi B.
RĂ©mi B.

"Grâce à Whaller notre dispositif Mobi Snalc est performant"

What do you like best?

L'outil de réseautage privatif de Whaller est esthétique, évolutif, créatif, souple, doté de dizaines de fonctionnalités qu' il est possible de croiser à l'envi pour concevoir tout type d'intranet collaboratif voire des ENT pour TPE ou PME avec peu de moyens financiers pour un fonctionnement optimal, hyper sécurisé grâce à l'ingéniosité et la forte réactivité des ingénieurs et de toute l'équipe de Whaller.

J'utilise cet outil depuis juin 2014 avec plus de 3000 heures de pratique Ă  mon actif, et je suis capable actuellement de concevoir tout type de logistique ou de dispositif avec ou de former des Ă©quipes qui souhaiteraient gagner du temps.

Whaller c'est l'anti GAFA car aucune donnée n'est utilisée par whaller qui ne diffuse aucune publicité et assure un service en ligne d'assistance d'une qualité rare.

Bravo Whaller et merci !

What do you dislike?

Nothing !

Tout est formidable, continuez de nous enthousiasmer !

À chaque dispositif que je conçois je gagne un temps de conception très important en regard d'autres outils pour un coût très compétitif sur cette niche de marché.

Whaller review by Juan C.
Juan C.

"Good app for organizations of your services"

What do you like best?

It's intuitive and easy to use, very fast to charge and useful.

It's a good app.

It promises security and privacity.

You can create private reds and organize they

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything, all is good on this app..

The price is a bit high... For the content but it's provate, and secure. In 2 years I never had a problem with this organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are thinking in use it, it's really comfortable and really easy to use.

I recommend you

I aren't solving any problems right now with Whaller.

I create my own private red for my and my employers and it's so good

Whaller review by Christophe L.
Christophe L.

"Whaller me réconcilie avec les réseaux sociaux"

What do you like best?

J'aime la simplicité et la clarté avec laquelle on évolue dans les sphères. Pas besoin de vérifier si les amis de mes amis pourront ou verront mes posts ou mes photos....non ici je suis dans un espace "secure" et je sais de façon très simple qui peut lire mes messages.

What do you dislike?

Rien de spécifique. Le produit évolue sans cesse et très rapidement. L'aide fournit est très réactive.

Le filtre n'est pour le moment pas actif sur la verion "application"; c'est une fonction très pratique pour retrouver un post, une photo, etc...

Whaller me permet d'entrevoir une évolution dans mon métier et d'améliorer la qualité des communications avec les membres de l'association à laquelle j'appartiens. Whaller dispose d'outils comparable à de vrai accélérateur de croissance.

Whaller review by Wilfried B.
Wilfried B.

"Right platform for a school project"

What do you like best?

It's private.

It's safe.

The design looks nice.

You can share a lot and select who you want to share it with.

The videoconference has the best image quality I've experienced so far.

What do you dislike?

The order of messages is not always logical to me.

Is it just French or is it international ?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap and confidential social media tool.

We are launching an international school project. The confidentiality of Whaller will be key to convince teachers to participate.

Whaller review by Paul-Georges C.
Paul-Georges C.

"Communicate and share, safely and easily, with Whaller."

What do you like best?

The principle of Sphere. As a group, we want to include some external parties in specific discussions. With Whaller it's as easy as 1-2-3.

What do you dislike?

Some trouble with the user experience of the Android mobile application. But, maybe it's because I discover Android User eXperience.

Easily share and retrieve information.

Groups (spheres) with selected people.

Group Agendas

External connections with Zapier, Dropbox

SSO through Office 365 SSO

Whaller review by François G.
François G.

"Powerful private social network"

What do you like best?

Creating groups is very easy - people enjoy sharing info.

The UX is lean

What do you dislike?

- Direct messages could be enhanced : when addressing a selected group of people, selection of them could be easier

- Lack a 'all unread' posts displaying posts from whatever groups I belong to.

Sharing information in close groups or in larger groups within the organization

Whaller review by Nathalie P.
Nathalie P.

"I have become a Whaller addict!. ."

What do you like best?

I like the privacy, the fluidity in use, and the constant amélioration to fullfil the users needs.

Must have !

What do you dislike?

The diiferences between the app and the desktop

Non profit organisation : People are at ease with the privacy proposed by Whaller.

Student: good WAX to maintain links with alumni.

Whaller review by Lucie P.
Lucie P.

"A social network suitable for all company size"

What do you like best?

Design : a tool that you can use in a professionnal or personnal way. User-friendly and customizable, Whaller is pleasant to use, more than Workplace and especially safer.

The Whaller Team is very listening and available so that you can easily propose improvements. A collaborative tool in every way !

What do you dislike?

Maybe the mobile app that is not very convenient, but sure it will be improved.

Improve social relationship between employees despite the geographical distance. Tool of internal communication.

Whaller review by Anna E.
Anna E.

"whaler review"

What do you like best?

really like the simplicity and accessibility of of the system. Easy framework to help navigate around system.

What do you dislike?

there is a lot of features we don't use in our office.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is good to have additional admin users to help with functionality. This helps with the initial use of the application in relation to keeping up with current work flow.

better office communication

Whaller review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Simplicity is the key"

What do you like best?

I like the privacy and the protection. Unlike Facebook, you always know who is reading.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t found anything I am not satisfied with yet. So far so good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want privacy, sevurity this is thenprogram for you.

The videoconference is the tool i like the most. In my field we have lots of meeting and decisions making and with life today it gets more and more difficult to try to get people together for a meeting. This way we can sit comfortably whatever we are and still stay on task.

Whaller review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Awesome choice!"

What do you like best?

The software is very functional and is getting better and better.

What do you dislike?

The that does not work as well as I would like it to.

You can create a really great relationship amongst your employees using a platform like this. It unites differences and makes life easier at the same time.

Whaller review by Administrator

"Whaller exactly fits my needs"

What do you like best?

The opprtunity to drive separately my parallel universes (family, business, non profit organization, local institution)

What do you dislike?

The price if you want to switch to premium

The 20 days limited historic in the free version

Collaborative and incentive working with other non profit organization

Whaller review by Daniel O.
Daniel O.

"Collaboration at its best!"

What do you like best?

You can collaborate with colleagues and has good visualizations.

What do you dislike?

Not all colleagues are up to speed on some of the features.

Making our meetings more animated.

Whaller review by Dawn H.
Dawn H.

"Overall end user experience"

What do you like best?

The help features are very straightforward & concise.

What do you dislike?

Thr Graphical user interface is convoluted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Need MORE information.

Communication strategies enhancements.

Whaller review by User in Higher Education

"I use this almost every single day..."

What do you like best?

I like the privacy aspect of Whaller. Using Whaller makes it easy for me to videoconference as well as share information amongst my peers.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application can use a little bit more work. This would make things easier for me since I'm constantly on the go.

I am able to communicate more efficiently using Whaller.

Whaller review by Consultant in Restaurants
Consultant in Restaurants

"Great"

What do you like best?

Whaller is a really great, easy to use program

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it takes longer than usual to load

The ease of its use makes it a great benefit. I can get what I need done in no time.

Whaller review by User

"Great system"

What do you like best?

Whaller is such a user friendly system that I love using. My colleagues and myself love it.

What do you dislike?

There isn't one thing I dislike about it

It really helps communication between us all

Whaller review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Above average program"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using the system, especially for training new employees

What do you dislike?

A lot of information to know for newbies

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use and learn

Makes it easier to do the job

Whaller review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

"Alright "

What do you like best?

It makes it easy to see messages with my lap top

What do you dislike?

There are already a bunch of services like this

It is great for sharing

Learning about Whaller?

* We monitor all Whaller reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.