WhatCounts

WhatCounts provides data management, software, and services to marketers seeking to deliver smart personalized digital messages to their target audiences.

Work for WhatCounts?
Bronto emailmarket  2x

Learning about WhatCounts?

WhatCounts Reviews

Ask WhatCounts a Question
Showing 14 WhatCounts reviews
WhatCounts review by <span>Brian C.</span>
Brian C.

Simple to use, good for new trainees

What do you like best?

You don't have to be an expert to build and deploy ad campaigns or email blasts. Very simple to use. If you have a new reporter making the jump to digital editor, this is ideal for them to use. It also gives you a simple way to connect to contests, making it easy to record and store data about new signups. Also works well with our social media

What do you dislike?

The product is in the middle of an upgrade and can be unavailable at times. Once the upgrade is complete, the digital version should be back to normal

Much better than our previous eblast partner, able to manage our subscriber base for eblasts, organize them and use whatcounts to send out tailored emails, specifically geared toward unique likes/dislikes of our readers

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WhatCounts
WhatCounts review by <span>Sherilyn L.</span>
Sherilyn L.

My absolute favorite Email Service Provider a company that truly practices what they preach.

What do you like best?

WhatCounts and Publicaster are extremely user friendly. I rarely have to bring in my own HTML files, I just design right in their easy to use templates. They go above and beyond to teach people how to properly use email as a marketing tool. The blogs they write, the website, the customer service team and their own emails are a perfect example of a company that has chosen a consistant "voice" and a "tone" to use in all of their media. As a marketer and email expert, I look to WhatCounts as a resource for information and as an example of a company that uses best practices. The list I use has over 2 million names on it and I have never had a problem -- not even once-- sending through the Publicaster System.

What do you dislike?

I love everything about WhatCounts and Publicaster. I wouldn't change a thing. I even like the little fun facts they show you while you are waiting for the screen to change. Kudos on a job well done!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the WhatCounts website. Sign up for the email list. They LOVE email!! WhatCounts practices what they preach. If you like what you see and read (I think you will) you should sign up! They are on the top of my list not only as an email service provider but as a "Best Practices" resource.

Even the newsletter templates they provide can be used as teaching tools.

When working with a list so large we worry about deliverability issues and getting blacklisted due to volume. WhatCounts was happy to work with me on a dedicated IP address and ramp-up plan to help with the transition. I couldn't have done it without the help of the customer service team.

What Email Marketing solution do you use?

WhatCounts review by <span>Noah S.</span>
Noah S.

Not user friendly

What do you like best?

It has decent analytics and the ability to do A/B testing.

What do you dislike?

We use this service to send out our e-mail alerts. It has all of the common benefits of your average e-mail blast provider -- analytics, a/b testing -- but many drawbacks as well. The interface is clunky and unintuitive. We frequently lose work because it crashes and doesn't have any auto-save mechanisms. The response time for support tickets is, to put it charitably, variable. It can't be used in multiple tabs. Last month they managed to get blacklisted by Google which meant our users were told they were getting malware.

After one particularly egregious customer service failure I was contacted by a VP who promised to listen to how they could improve, but after a few rounds of phone tag he disappeared and hasn't replied to my subsequent emails.

We use it to send out e-mails to paying subscribers.

WhatCounts review by User in Marketing and Advertising

WhatCounts Not Great Email Marketing Solution

What do you like best?

Has a wide variety of targeting and segmenting abilities.

What do you dislike?

Not intuitive at all. Way over thought: takes many clicks to do simple tasks. Seems to use general email terms incorrectly so difficult to find what you are looking for. Expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless this product has a feature you really need, try another solution

Marketing to opt in list. No benefits realized, only costs.

WhatCounts review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

Functions well for designers, but could be improved

What do you like best?

The HTML preview and ability to edit directly to the preview is helpful.

What do you dislike?

The search function is very particular, and the HTML text area could have more features.

Organization of content is generally the greatest benefit that I have experienced.

WhatCounts review by Administrator in Fine Art
Administrator in Fine Art

WhatCounts review

What do you like best?

Flawlessly handles highly complex email marketing campaigns. Our account rep Amy is absolutely brilliant and irreplaceable. Conditional statements in emails work exactly as described. You can choose between WC's responsive email templates or it will allow client's use of their own customized templates - this has been a necessity, since some mobile operating systems and email clients have been temperamental during testing. API for updating lists is perfect for our needs.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I see as a negative about this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

asdf

we send about 60K emails each month. Increase in open and click through rates. Also consistent lead generation in difficult educational market.

Learning about WhatCounts?

* We monitor all WhatCounts reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.