When I Work

Simple employee scheduling software and online time clock with free scheduling apps and time clock apps. Send mobile alerts to your staff about their shifts.

Work for When I Work?

Learning about When I Work?

When I Work Reviews

Ask When I Work a Question
Showing 99 When I Work reviews
When I Work review by Kathleen W.
Kathleen W.

"Great app, but easily misused by staff"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to schedule for several weeks out. The customer support was awesome, they even customized a plan to suit our needs. The ability to hibernate your account at no charge until you need again, as we are a seasonal operation.

What do you dislike?

My staff would use the message feature to try to give away shifts too frequently, figuring if they posted that they wanted someone to pick it up, they felt they were no longer responsible for that shift. It would be great if that feature could be turned OFF by the administrator. Update: I just logged into our account and saw that this feature has been tweaked to address this issue...YIPPEE

Recommendations to others considering the product

The TIMECLOCK feature, using smartphones didn't work for us. My staff could "Clock In" from our parking lot, but not actually IN our building. We decided that feature wouldn't work for us.

As a manager, I could post the schedule once and it would go out to all staff, they could access it and download it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about When I Work
When I Work review by Rachel R.
Rachel R.

"Work Scheduling Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I used to spend hours making spreadsheets of our employees shifts to get it just right. Sadly, when an employee needed to make a change, I had to manually edit the document and reprint it. I needed something easier, that's when I found the When I Work app. I can set a specific time block and easily drag and drop that shift into our employees schedule. Then if there are any changes, I just move the time block to another employee. Because I spend so much less time prepping our work schedule, I am able to give more time to our store and our customers. I love this program!

What do you dislike?

My only constructive criticism is that the When I Work app on my phone has slightly different features than the desktop site. It makes a little harder to navigate to the feature I like to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is super easy to set up each employee on the app. Once you create the time blocks you need for your site, adding the shifts into the schedule for each employee takes mere seconds! So easy!

I am solving the frustration with shift switching and weeks of scheduling that are similar to past weeks, and the "copy last weeks schedule" feature is a lifesaver!

What Workforce Management solution do you use?

When I Work review by Lindsay H.
Lindsay H.

"When I Work review"

What do you like best?

We love the mobile functionality. Our old system didn't have a mobile feature.

We also really like the "open shift" option where we can offer an open shift and people who want extra hours can pick it up.

We also have very mixed feelings on the notifications - the good part is that it notifies employees when someone needs to drop a shift so everyone knows there is an opportunity to pick up a shift. Another good part of the notifications is that if someone is scheduled to work and they haven't clocked in, they will get a reminder about it. This is great for those who forgot they were scheduled to work, and those who came to work, but didn't clock in when they arrived.

We also love being able to set a recurring shift. For the most part, our employees work the schedule every week during an academic quarter. I can give them a shift for week 1 and as I am setting it up, I can pick for it to recur and the end date for that recurrence. And then, if someone changes the night they work, I can delete all recurring shifts, or if I just need to delete 1 shift I can. I can also move it to an open shift, which I love being able to do!

I also like being able to export the daily timesheet information for payroll. We have a custom payroll system, so it doesn't integrate with When I Work, but it is nice to be able to export the excel file of time clock data.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that you can't set up the notifications to be in a daily digest. We have 120ish employees who are all college students. During exam weeks, there are a lot of drop shift requests, which each come as an individual email or phone notification. It would be nice to have the option of getting those as a daily digest.

Another thing I, as the person who does and maintains all of the scheduling, wish I could is set an individual schedule. I can go to an employee and view their schedule, but I can't edit it. To edit it, I have to be on the main scheduling looking at all 130+ employees to change one person's schedule.

It is also occasionally 'buggy.' We have tablets that employees can use to clock in on, or they can use their phones. Sometime after they've clocked in on the tablet, they get a notification that they didn't clock in.

The other thing I really wish it did relates to the "requests report." You can run a report to see who requested time off or a drop shift. Our environment is such that they don't request time off, only to drop a shift. I wish the report told us who took the shift when they requested to drop it. And also, I wish there was a report to show who had taken open shifts. We used to recognize the employees who picked up extra shifts and helped others out by taking their shifts, but now we don't have the data to do it. There might be a way to go through and figure it out from payroll, but with 130 employees, that is way too cumbersome to be feasible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do trials, ask a lot of questions, and have the people that are actually going to be using it (the employees) look at it - that is always my recommendation for considering software.

Our old scheduling system was "sunset," so first and foremost it gave us a way to continue to schedule our employees. Beyond that, it has really helped with our attendance issues. If one of our employees is going to miss work, it is much easier for them to let the others know and find someone to cover for them. During our busy times, we don't have near as many missed shifts. And, during our slow times, we don't have extra employees. Before, if we didn't have enough people scheduled on a given night, we would let people "walk in," but it was difficult to communicate it and we had no way to know if who was coming. Sometimes 8 extra people would come in and we wouldn't have enough work for them, and sometimes no one would come and we would be overwhelmed. Now, with the ability to schedule open shifts, our employees know there is an opportunity to work more, and when they accept the open shift, they are held accountable and reminded to come for that extra shift. And, once the open shifts are all gone, no one else can come in, so we aren't paying people to be here while having no work for them to do.

When I Work review by Morgan T.
Morgan T.

"Ideal for Location Specific Employees"

What do you like best?

When I Work provides employers and employees with the ability to track hourly and salaried employees, their time off, and adjust the time zone to apply to that employee's particular location.

The app is the greatest feature as nearly all employees have their schedules at their fingertips at any given time on their smartphones. They receive electronic reminders in the form of a text and e-mail for clocking in. If a shift is missed, a text is sent to let them know that they forgot to clock in. When clocking in late, a note can be added.

What do you dislike?

Clocking in with location-specific features has provided troublesome for those working remotely/from home. Without the IP address approved, the application will not allow the employee to clock in. Often times this results in simply not clocking in or added work for the admins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I Work is ideal for location-specific employees that have a set IP address.

A benefit When I Work provides is the ability for all employees to see an overview of everyone's schedule. This provides transparency and ease of access for those trying to schedule callbacks requests for specific agents.

Another problem solved is blocking off availability. If an employee is not available Wednesday evenings due to a class or organized sport, they can request that they are not available during those hours.

When I Work review by Carol F.
Carol F.

"I can't imagine doing scheduling without it! "

What do you like best?

It makes complicated scheduling possible.

What do you dislike?

There are lots of functions it doesn't have that I wish it had. I'd like to easily rearrange the order of employees while scheduling a week. I'd like the rows of employees to be different colors so I ensure the Saturday shift is going to the right person. I'd like the to have an option for the shifts to stack in one row, rather than doubling the height of the row and hiding another employee. I'd like the open shifts to have a lock so I can scroll employees to the open shifts. And so much more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I Work is a wonderful product with minor limitations.

We successfully schedule 2 locations with lots of complicated scheduling rules. I don't know how I'd do it otherwise!

When I Work review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Good in keeping track of schedule"

What do you like best?

Being able to see my schedule on my phone is very helpful. I wish switching shifts was a little smoother of a process, but that might just be my companies integration of the system. It is very helpful to be able to see who is working with you at a certain location, and to be prepared to show up to work with the work reminders.

What do you dislike?

Again I am not sure if it is just how my company uses the system, but the count of total hours for the week includes the days that you are scheduled off. For example, if you have 64 hours for a week and are scheduled one day off (24 hours) you have to subtract 24 from 64 to figure out that your total scheduled hours for the week are 40 hours. Its not the biggest deal but I wish that it only showed the hours I actually worked.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good system for scheduling and viewing others schedules.

Being able to view your schedule wherever you are is helpful. Also as I mentioned I can also see where and when everyone else is scheduled in case I am looking to switch shifts with someone. As well as employees it shows me who of the managers is on duty that day and allows me to be able to contact them if I have any issues. At a company with multiple employees trained to work at multiple locations, it is very helpful to be able to see such a thing.

When I Work review by Lissa K.
Lissa K.

"Easy scheduling and templaytes"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to create shift templates and copy the previous weeks schedule so that I only have to make a few adjustments each time I create the schedule for the week

What do you dislike?

I can't differentiate between employees on an hourly wage and contractors paid per each class they teach versus hours.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are in the process of switching platforms because we are in need of HR as well as more assistance in payroll. I think that wheniwork is perfect for small companies, but not quite enough for midsized businesses

The biggest problems we have solved have been when employees need to change shifts or drop shifts. Most of the issues get resolved on their own when they are looking to swap a shift with another employee

When I Work review by Megan D.
Megan D.

"It has some glitches, but it is definitely better than other time clock apps I've used"

What do you like best?

I love the timesheet tab where I can see when I clocked in and out. This helps me make sure my hours are being logged properly so there are no discrepancies on my pay check.

What do you dislike?

I often have trouble clocking in because the location device isn't exact enough. I will be in the store and the app will say I am too far away to clock in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely say that they need to work on the location part of the app.

One of the biggest problem we had prior to WIW was the owners were not immediately made aware that an employee had not clocked in for their scheduled shift. So if an employee forgot to clock in, then the owners wouldn't find out until they went to do pay roll.

When I Work review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Great Simple Staff Scheduler"

What do you like best?

After looking at multiple systems for scheduling we came across When I Work. It is simple to use and our employees love it. We allow our employees to do some work from home where they can easily add to their time sheets. Scheduling employees is easy especially when they put their preferences and availabilities in. It also allows for employees to trade and swap shifts if a conflict comes up allowing for management to have one less thing to work about.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing I dislike. I have it set up to allow for employees to be able to edit their own time sheet and that requires a lot of trust however I believe you can turn this off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would use this if you want something simple to use and pretty cheap. Our employees love it and continue to find new features in it that benefit them.

I use for scheduling and time tracking. See what I like for benefits.

When I Work review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Good way to organize but with very confusing details"

What do you like best?

The idea of having a software that allows me to organize my schedule

What do you dislike?

The difference between the web version and the app on my phone plus the availability

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a good system to schedule your shift and to be aware of all the coworkers that you work with or could help you, and a very good system to keep track of everything you do.

The possibility of splitting and dropping shifts with my colleagues gives me more flexibility on the organization of my personal schedule, and is perfect to be able to see who else is working and their availability, so that I don't have to bother everybody, but I can contact personally only the people that could be able to help me with a shift I can't make, for example. In the app I love that I can see easily how many hours I am working every week, because that, as an international student, is something I need to always have to be careful with and on the other hand I can always be sure that I work all the hours I can, to get the amount of money I need, and it's perfect that I can take shifts from my phone, because that way I don't have to wait for when I am on my computer to pick shifts. The app is very useful and help us all to keep track of everything that happens at work. When I have supervisors shifts is really important, for the kind of job we do, that I can see who is working, who is coming, ecc..

When I Work review by Catherine P.
Catherine P.

"Easy App for Managing Shifts"

What do you like best?

Anytime my boss updates my schedule I get a notification which is very convenient. I also like that you have to acknowledge your shifts in case they’ve made a mistake in the schedule.

What do you dislike?

It’s slightly irritating to be notified when you haven’t clocked out because often times you’re required to be at work longer, but this is probably something that can be adjusted in settings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Seems very easy to manage our small staff and that it would be a good option for those with a larger team as well.

It’s great that all of your work contacts are in one place. As the newest member of our team it was nice to have everyone’s number & email info stored on the app.

When I Work review by User in Music
User in Music

"Great software! easy scheduling, easy to keep track of the attendance!"

What do you like best?

It's easy to see when and who came in to work. Clocking in/out system is well-thought. Attendance is easy to track. Love the colorful shifts, makes it easier to define which shift is which when looking at the global schedule.

What do you dislike?

The grid is very sensitive to changes when splitting a shift manually, cutting it in pieces or creating a new one. Easy to mess up if it's 1:15 or 1:30. Sometimes availability column is glitching, hopefully, will work fine later. Other than that everything else is great

great resource for scheduling employees and tracking their attendance and hours. Easy to see who is over hours and who is under hours. There is definitely an advantage in using colors when creating shifts. Colorful shifts don't create a mess when looking at the schedule but on the opposite help determining quickly about who is doing what and when.

When I Work review by User

"Frequent user of WhenIWork"

What do you like best?

My company has almost all remote employees, so having the capability to clock in to shifts from my remote location is in valuable. I also greatly appreciate the easy capability of requesting a shift to drop or swap with a colleague and also the ease of picking up a colleague's shift. The tools for setting my availability are great too and I like that the app reminds me three minutes after if I have forgotten to clock in or out.

What do you dislike?

At times the app can be confusing for setting hours and changing availability. Sometimes I spend much longer than I would like trying to get the settings the way I need them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool for managing shifts and work hours

This app solves the problem of having all employees working on their computers remotely and still having a record of when they were working. And the ease of scheduling work shifts and disseminating this information weekly.

When I Work review by User

"It's great- just a few glitches"

What do you like best?

It's nice to be able to clock in from your phone, we have to be able to keep all of our hours at 40, and it is so nice to be able keep track and make sure that I won't be making my boss mad with unnecessary over time, haha!

What do you dislike?

It some times will be glitchy and won't let you clock in, or can say you didn't clock in, when you did. It's not a big deal, but it would be even better without this minor problem! All you have to do is reinstall the app! And other than that it works great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this to any company that would benefit from having people clock in on their phone. And ESPECIALLY if your employees are keeping track of their own hours. It shows if they were on location when they clocked in and everything. Super useful!

It's a good way to keep track of our time clock and stay at our hours!

When I Work review by Jazmine K.
Jazmine K.

"When I work has good scheduling features"

What do you like best?

I like that you can use the app to switch shifts with other workers as well as the fact that there are descriptions for the time slot you are alotted. I also enjoy the early reminders before work.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the process to take work off or that if you drop a shit the fact that it will leave you on the schedule unless someone else decides to take the shift. sometimes it can be a real life communication but wont happen in time on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say to check all the shits before you hit the confirm all button

I like that you can see when the rest of your colleagues are working in case there is something that you need to coordinate for later in the day when you arent present

When I Work review by Dejon G.
Dejon G.

"When I work is great In theory, but in actual use... it can be a hassle. "

What do you like best?

The ability to fix employee times from my phone. I also truly enjoy the ability to color code.

What do you dislike?

Most of the time that I used WhenIWork, it would not register proper locations. I feel as if the signal would get disrupted when we went into the train stations, however, the location services would not realize once we left the train station some times and wouldn’t allow us to clock in at a specific location.

It’s a more modern approach to time cards, and a good way to monitor both your part time and full time employees and color code them to not be confused with interns. The color coding is amazing.

When I Work review by User in Human Resources
User in Human Resources

"Flexible scheduling tool with some hiccups"

What do you like best?

Intuitive interface, easy-to-learn and a relatively well-rounded scheduling tool for growing teams. WIW has been able to keep up with our company as it's grown from 1 city to multiple cities. We rely very heavily on the Scheduler feature, which until recently has been invaluable in allowing us to operate seamlessly. It allows us to set up multiple cities, multiple positions and color-code shifts based on various factors. It allows us to see available and unavailable times at a glance, shows us shifts that still need to be assigned and overall gives you great visibility on the details you need to accurate handle scheduling.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitations and quirks that can make it frustrating. Recently we lost all of our employee availability and schedules due to an update. We found out the hard way (i.e. with no warning) that the availability shown in the Scheduler was not accurate. The only way to get accurate times was to go into each employees profile. To their credit, WhenIWork was responsive though their responses did leave us feeling a bit frustrated. It sounded like it was a known issue but there'd been no notice given.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I Work can seem a bit intimidating as you're first getting used to it, however it's worth taking the time to poke around before giving up or moving on. Once you understand the UI and functions, using it is fast, easy and accurate.

Scheduling multiple employees across multiple cities

Tracking payroll for employees across different cities and locations

Tracking training and approval for specific shift-types with the help of positions and tags.

When I Work review by Ryland S.
Ryland S.

"Effective, but could be easier to use"

What do you like best?

The time off submission and approval request process is easy

What do you dislike?

the default time when a rep puts in their time goes to am. So when a rep enters in the number "2", it defaults their time to 2am.

The terminal location finder option is inconsistent.

It would be great if there was an option for managers to disallow employees from entering in their hours at a later date, and if it were possible to force employees to clock in and out when they began working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure to train your employees thoroughly on the software before implementation

The simple hour management is what we use it for.

When I Work review by Dave H.
Dave H.

"Excellent scheduling / payroll platform"

What do you like best?

The scheduling layout / interface is first rate. Easy to copy shifts, drag & drop, swap, etc. Handles everything from employee-initiated shift-swaps to vacation requests to time punches. All the interfaces are very clean and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

It's a minor issue, but the navigation icons are not very intuitive. Can be a little difficult to find the correct page, at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a straightforward, user-friendly scheduling application, this is it!

Scheduling. It handles multi-site scheduling quite well; I have team members across multiple states multiple schedulers, and it is easy for them to coordinate.

When I Work review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Schedule"

What do you like best?

I can access the full schedule quickly: I know when I’m working, who I’m working with, and what our specific duties will be for the day.

What do you dislike?

The shift “swap” function often fails on both ends for employees, so the manager has to manually exchange shifts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s better than any other scheduling software or employee communication method I’ve encountered before, in much larger restaurants. I definitely recommend it.

It’s very difficult to miss a shift with When I Work, because you can sign up for automated text reminders at a time you specify before each shift. You can connect with every coworker without having to obtain phone numbers, or a phone list, or worrying about disrupting anyone’s personal time: the When I Work chat function will send the coworker a notification that they have messages.

When I Work review by Matheus N.
Matheus N.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

The When i Work tools is perfect when the weekly schedule for employees is not fixed, meaning that every week the shifts are in different times. It makes it a lot easier to see who is also working with you, to drop/swap shifts with fellow employees and clock in/out of work.

What do you dislike?

One thing that i don't like is that is not possible to merge subsequent shifts, making it as only one.

Sharing schedules between fellow employees. The tools is perfect for that.

"Scheduling Made Easy"

What do you like best?

I love that every member of our team is able to show their availability in one place and scheduling is quick and easy to change! It's nice that it's easy to schedule things in advance and edit details of the list. Our employees are able to go through and check in when they arrive at their sites and if they miss it's immediate for us to track! It's really easy to add detailed messages to specific actors when they need more specific details on the performances they are doing. It's easy to add in those minor details in the scheduling aspect of things for the entire team to see as opposed to having to reach out to every individual who is going to that site and have to say the same thing multiple times.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to copy and paste the same shift multiple times, but that's so minor, it's hard to say that's a dislike. I really like using this software, and it's amazing how easy it is to

We have so many offsite places we travel to since our employees are actors, so being able to see everyone's schedule for the day is amazing. I realized how beneficial this is for our company specifically when it comes to needing to reschedule or add another person to the required days of performances. It's so convenient that everyone can see everything, so it's transparent in terms of being able to see what everyone is doing on what days.I really like using this software, and it's amazing how easy it is to train our new employees on seeing their work days.

When I Work review by Kassandra T.
Kassandra T.

"The Best For Scheduling Shifts!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to choose and schedule my work shifts through an app on my phone. I also love that it uploads my shifts to my phone's calendar and sends me reminders 2 hours in advance so unless there's an unexpected set back, I'm always on time. I love that When I Work sends me a reminder notification to my phone and to my email as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that in order to use When I Work I must always confirm that I'm an Active Counselor at Crisis Text Line. If I take a few days off, the app can stop showing my schedule. I also dislike that to use When I Work I have to use the app, I cannot just log into the website and use When I Work through a web page as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to check with your Employer if they have signed up to be a part of When I Work to do employee scheduling that way!

When I Work helps to solve the problem of Time Management for Employees. It's easy for me to keep track of my schedule, what days/time I will be working and it's also easy for me to request time off and to edit my schedule as needed. When I Work has helped me to keep track of the time I dedicate to work and it also helps me to manage the time I dedicate to other activities by reminding me of when I'll be working which helps me to be on time almost all the time.

When I Work review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Convenient Scheduling App for any business situation."

What do you like best?

When I Work has an easy to understand structure and may be customized for your business needs.

What do you dislike?

Employees are the only user allowed to set their own availability preferences. While I completely understand the integrity behind this design it does have some frustration for the scheduler. Often employees will fail to set their availability, even if they have very specific limitations, and it would be handy for the employer to be able to note this in order to avoid scheduling errors.

When I work has enable me to schedule every job position across multiple job sites. Running a multi-platform business can be chaotic at times and WIW streamlines the scheduling/employee database needs. Over the years we've used WIW they've given employees the flexibility to message and request to trade shifts with their co-workers. This is a huge time saver for employers!

When I Work review by Jhonathan R.
Jhonathan R.

"Fast paced and user frienndly"

What do you like best?

simple, fast, organized and practical, this tool can help you to keep employes on check, reduce payroll inconvinients and track employees abandon of their responsibilities. As a supervisoryou have access to many feats that helps you to even track an employees honesty about his working hours, the simplicity makes it an awesome tool for bussiness starters, recently promoted supervisors and HR payrol management, they add a work chat option this help employees to guide their cooworkers, also helps HR to get to any need really quickly.

What do you dislike?

Is still improving, which is also a good asset, but in the dislike deparment I'll say is a bit dull to the eye, it could have a bit more of dimamism, I'm totally aware that this is probably to reduce issues with RAM or proccessing, but a bit more of life, colour... "spark" will be awesome

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fast paced, friendly user and above everything functional, a rool you should have and onyou can rely on

Mostly payroll and employee's abandon, are the problems it solves. The functionality and timesaving experience that provides are the greatest benefits, HR and payrol reduce the time of tracking working hours, deductions and extra hours.

User in Consumer Services

"Easy Scheduling... If You're in the Same Time Zone!"

What do you like best?

It was easy to switch between the company schedule and my personal schedule. It was easy to request shifts off and have them approved all through the app or website. You could also post if you needed someone to switch a shift with you.

What do you dislike?

It did not appear that you could have the timezone change for each user. When one person changed the timezone to reflect their own, it changed the timezone for everyone using the software. We had to all agree on one timezone (where company HQ was) and convert it ourselves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is great because it can be used on the desktop website, but also translates really well to a smartphone app! I loved that no matter which device I was using, I could easily get the information I needed. Worked well for a smaller company, not sure how it would scale to a large one. Again, it was challenging because the timezone wasn't individualized (at least not that we ever figured out). My company recently switched to a different software (for reasons that I do not know) and I am beyond confused trying to navigate it. Would definitely recommend giving this software a chance!

It made scheduling easier and changes were updated immediately, so everyone could be on the same page. It also allowed workers to advertise when they needed to switch shifts or couldn't make a shift and other employees could easily pick them up - and it was all recorded on the schedule! So our managers were able to keep track of everything.

When I Work review by Brian T. O. D.
Brian T. O. D.

"Best Online Scheduling Software Going!"

What do you like best?

I searched long and hard for an affordable online scheduling solution for my team. We provide services from multiple locations across several time zones and needed a solutions that was user-friendly and made managing requests like sick leave and time off easier on our supervisors. Now all of our employees can access their schedules and even request to drop or swap shifts on the fly. Everyone is on the same page and since we started using Wheniwork we haven't had one "no show" caused by miscommunication. Great solutions, and amazing support.

What do you dislike?

I am having a hard time finding something I dislike about Wheniwork. The only suggestion I had was about adding some functionality around times zone assignments for work sites and locations, but they are currently working on adding that as a feature. Right now I just need to remember that when I add a shift in another time zone from where I am, the times display as the time in my zone not the zone of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out...you will be impressed.

All of our employees can access their schedules and even request to drop or swap shifts on the fly and I can moderate their requests from wherever I am. Everyone is on the same page and since we started using Wheniwork we haven't had one "no show" caused by schedule miscommunication. Great solution, and amazing support.

When I Work review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Just getting started with when I work. "

What do you like best?

It is nice that I can customize each job and location by color to make it easier to see what I need as a 'manager'.

What do you dislike?

It seems like once every employee is in the system then it should be a little easier. We are still trying to get everyone in to set it up. Seems a little too busy for some of the employees who are used to a simple schedule sheet.

Trying to be able to find the exact people with specific qualifications who would be able to fill shifts of people who call out. You can put people's jobs or ability type in there profile then know if they are qualified to cover someone else's shift.

When I Work review by Ashley B.
Ashley B.

"Free Online Scheduler -- "

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility and ease of use. It is accessible online and via mobile app which makes it very convenient. You can upload your availabiliy as well as swap and give up shifts.

What do you dislike?

At the moment I have no major dislikes.

Finding an affordable and easy way to schedule employees. It is beneficial for approving time off requests, scheduling in advance, and contacting employees through the workchat for updates and emergencies.

When I Work review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Easy to use, able to communicate with other staff"

What do you like best?

I like that it is available as a mobile and desktop app. It is easy to use with a simple design. I like the ability to message other staff through the app, and that you can view other staff's contact info within the app. It is clear how to request days off, enter availability, and request changes to your schedule. I liked the notifications for schedule postings, open shifts, messages, etc. I also liked how you could see who else was working with you.

What do you dislike?

I noticed that the app appears and behaves a little differently between Apple and Android. I did not like that if I dropped a shift, but later changed my mind, that it would not let me take that shift back. Also, when first signing up, we had lots of issues with people accidentally creating workplaces instead of employee profiles! The initial sign-up was not super clear on that.

It is easy to communicate scheduling needs through the app. It is easy to visualize the daily schedule to ensure all shifts are covered. The app facilitates easy communication between staff regarding schedules. This app worked well for our workplace which had frequently changing and flexible schedules.

When I Work review by User in Information Technology and Services

"When I work gives you what you need"

What do you like best?

The shifts appear right on notifications and are one click to accept someone elses shift

What do you dislike?

Nothing, I wish all the companies I worked for utilize this excellent product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't go wrong with this product it is the BEST scheduling software I have used for various companies I work for. It gives you notifications you need (but not too many) to stay on top of your schedule and if something comes up you are able to post and others accept your shift with minimual supervisory interaction.

It is used by company to post available shifts, outages from work and upcoming shifts you are assigned to.

When I Work review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"WhenIWork on the field "

What do you like best?

The ability to check in and out of locations. Very easy to keep track of hours during the week. Even easier for the ops team to compile all data on a weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can freeze up mid use but it doesn’t happen too often. It’s mostly when in an area with minimal wifi. There can also be glitches like the ability to add notes at times.

Check in and out, hour tracker, easy logging, can utilize shift schedules, time off or just keep reference to hours worked the past week, month, or days. Everything from your entire work year is tracked.

When I Work review by Perrsha P.
Perrsha P.

"Easy scheduling "

What do you like best?

Staff can have their schedule in real time, so there no confusion about scheduling

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the admin can only put scheduling out so far in advanced. I beleive it's less than 10 days making it harder to stay ahead

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider allowing customers to put schedules out at least a month in advanced

associates are more engaged in what's going on at work

When I Work review by User in Law Enforcement
User in Law Enforcement

"WhenIwork Experience"

What do you like best?

I love the flexibility of this program with scheduling. There are various options when putting in availability so you're able to put down specific times, of when you'll be both available and not. The interface is also very easy to use, and customer service is quick to respond.

What do you dislike?

The phone app tends to glitch occasionally, and there are some options not available on the phone app. The syncing between phone and desktop needs a little work as well, since it tends to lag.

The program has combined scheduling and communicating about the schedule. It's a simple process when you want to switch a shift with someone, or drop a shift, or confirm that you'll be working. The chat feature allows us to communicate easily with the entire company as well.

When I Work review by Laurie T.
Laurie T.

"When I Work cuts hours from scheduling"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to fill out our schedule including covering time off requests.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult for employees to accept their shifts on the phone app for more than 2 weeks in the future. I schedule at least a month in advance so I have to nag them to acknowledge their shifts unless they do it on the computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. Super easy for admin and users alike.

Everyone knows when they are supposed to work - there is no confusion. Love the reminders with notes specific to each shift. Coverage never falls through the cracks.

When I Work review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"When I Work Time Sheet Management Review"

What do you like best?

I love that I can have the app on my phone and manage my time sheets right from my phone. I have a love/hate relationship with the location tracking but it's nice for when I am working offsite and need to track and turn in my miles for review. I like that I can manually enter and change my hours. I like that it can integrate with other apps I use such as Active Hours.

What do you dislike?

The location accuracy can be a bit tricky sometimes depending on your phone, i.e. you don't have service or spotty service. I have found that sometimes it reports that I am not in the correct location when punching in when I actually am.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very convenient to have the app on your phone. Easy to use.

Being able to manually enter hours and send in request time off through the app has been very beneficial.

When I Work review by Tim M.
Tim M.

"When I Kind of Work"

What do you like best?

The look of the interface appears relative up-to-date. It is easier for new users to sign up and customize their profiles. There's a wide range of notification options. Most users find it easy to submit time off requests.

What do you dislike?

The main dashboard is limited to only showing 100 shifts at a time. This means that if you have a big team, or each team member is scheduled for a variety of shifts, there's no way to see a full view of the day on the dashboard. My team works 9-5 and every day it looks like every one is off at 11 am because When I Work can't support the amount of people on our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need scheduling for a large team or a team with many shifts during the day, I would consider other options.

Our team needs to be scheduled for many things throughout the day. When I Work doesn't do a great of handling this need. The benefits of When I Work seem to be on the user end, as users find it fairly straight forward.

When I Work review by Ivy H.
Ivy H.

"I love When I Work!"

What do you like best?

I like being able to switch into full schedule view to see who I am working with. Full schedule view also makes it easy for me to see what weeks are available for vacations and any other time off I need. I also really like how easy it is to request time off and review the requests I have already made. I always try to keep track of the time I am requesting and the hours I am using, and this is made even easier with When I Work.

What do you dislike?

I dislike having to "acknowledge" my shifts once my boss posts them. I also would like it if everyone had to upload a photo. I think it's easier to see whose schedule is whose when the person has a photo uploaded. Other than that, I have not had any problems, though I do know that my boss has had the program crash while he has been building schedules.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When I Work really seems to improve things for our copy desk. It's so easy to be able the check your own schedule and see that every shift has been filled. The app makes it very easy for me to check my schedule at home.

We have a lot of people here, so I think it has become much easier for my boss to schedule everyone. It's also easy for the rest of us to see if there a mistake within the schedule.

When I Work review by Shae M.
Shae M.

"Great Scheduling Software!"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn for all ages and has an accessible app

What do you dislike?

The mobile site lacks functions, if you use the program on a mobile phone, you must have the app

We use it for staff scheduling, the app is great and it allows for simple shift swapping and dropping

When I Work review by AshleyMacKensi B.
AshleyMacKensi B.

"Scheduling GURU"

What do you like best?

I love how accessible this software is! It is a great platform for me to stay connected with my employees and send them their schedules in a highly technological age.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this

Getting my staff their schedules and being able to mAke last minute changes

When I Work review by Maxwell G.
Maxwell G.

"Using When I Work for Multiple Jobs at Once "

What do you like best?

The specificity in which you can set availability and preferred hours to work, the time-off feature, the clock in feature.

What do you dislike?

The more recent interface/layout updates, and the availability feature has been made harder to use and less straightforward

Solving availability and time-off problems, as well as managing conflicting availability between my two jobs.

When I Work review by User

"An easy experience for both management and employees "

What do you like best?

The app allows you to communicate schedule requests and the post made schedules for all to see. I most like that it allows you to see employees availibility once they have entered it in the app.

What do you dislike?

The app uses a lot of data currently so I have to be sure to keep it on wifi only.

It solved the issue of schedule requests, before they were really disorganized and a few would go missing. Now they are all in one place and it takes responsibility off the schedule maker and puts it on the individual making the request

When I Work review by Kathy L.
Kathy L.

"Time-Saving Scheduling Software"

What do you like best?

When I Work provides a very user-friendly interface to schedule employees. As an 'employee' using the software, it is easy to check my shifts, swap shifts with other part-timers, and request time off! They have a simple phone app to check your schedule and even handy 'reminder' features to text or email me before a scheduled shift!

What do you dislike?

The one component that is frustrating in When I Work is when setting your availability. Users have to "drag" a bar across a time-sheet, but the page itself has no 'times' at the top to see where you're selecting. Just a very clunky page of the application, but a small price to pay for the rest of the great site!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a trial subscription. All of the 'bells and whistles' of this app make scheduling a breeze and will save you much headache.

Scheduling all 10 of our part-time employees was becoming a hassle for administration. In particular, time off requests and shift-swapping was becoming a logistical nightmare. This software solved this big problem and provided much more functionality we didn't even need, but now LOVE!

"Making scheduling easy"

What do you like best?

I like the cloud based scheduling system. It allows all employees to see their schedule as well as to notify the manager that the employees have seen their shifts.

What do you dislike?

Some of the interface is a little clunky. The calendar view could be better and the availability is kind of a pain to input.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This works well for a smaller business that is trying to manage their workforce. The more employees you have the harder it would be to use this application.

We use this to do the scheduling of contract employees. It also says where they are supposed to be. One of the best benefits of this is that it allows you to see that the employees have seen their shifts.

When I Work review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"When I Work Review"

What do you like best?

Open Shifts is probably my favorite feature. Being able to easily pick up "floating" shifts is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

I really wish that the mobile had a monthly calendar view for my individual shifts like the desktop version offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for scheduling and inter-staff communication. My experience is for a staff of about 60 people and it works great. It would definitely work for a smaller staff and I could see it being fine for a slightly bigger staff as well.

Filling and moving shifts as needed between employees, being able to put in a request for time-off through the app, including partial days. Easily communicating with management any and all changes in availability.

When I Work review by Marta O.
Marta O.

"A kind of software I didn't know I needed"

What do you like best?

The fact that it's the digital version of check-in cards.

What do you dislike?

Whenever there's a problem with my clock in/out fixing it is a bit of a hassle.

I can easily check and confirm my shifts.

"When I Work"

What do you like best?

I like that I can clock in from home when I work from home or when I am in the office

What do you dislike?

There have been times when it doesn't recognize that I hit clock out and it doesn't, that may be the internet though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think this is a great tool if your employees are potentially working from different locations.

Everyone is easily able to see their time for the week and clock in and out.

When I Work review by Lainey R.
Lainey R.

"When I Work is great for work schedules"

What do you like best?

The app makes it easy to check my work shifts as well clock-in

What do you dislike?

The app interface is not formatted very visually friendly

Requesting time off and keeping track of your schedule are made very simple by this program

When I Work review by User in Facilities Services
User in Facilities Services

"Easy to use, simple scheduling tool "

What do you like best?

I like how fast it is to get going with the product. You immediately can put in employees and make a schedule so that you can see everything that is happening for the month.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like is the free version only allows to view a week at a time.

Scheduling and time management. This has made knowing how many hours my employees work much easier.

When I Work review by Administrator in Government Administration
Administrator in Government Administration

"One year using WIW. Just renewed my yearly subscription!"

What do you like best?

This is a strong, user-friendly web and app-based product.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that clock in and out by employees require an additional subscription.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a lot of customer support to implement a new product, this is not for you.

We supervise just about 50 employees working in various locations 7 days a week. Coordinating scheduling, and a place where employees can go to, and drop or pick up shifts by themselves is very efficient.

When I Work review by Blake P.
Blake P.

"When I Work rocks - we're so glad we found it."

What do you like best?

It's just a really clean, well-designed, and multifunctional employee tracking software that has saved our HR department so much time.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an expense tracking integration or feature... maybe next up?

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need expense tracking, you might want to find an alternate solution.

With three separate offices across the country, When I Work easily tracks part-time employee hours while showing us everything we need to know to track productivity.

When I Work review by Adam L.
Adam L.

"Easy to use, great for team communication!"

What do you like best?

When I Work is very good at creating a platform for those who may not have strong technological skills. This app and website is easy to use and embraces efficiency!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! The structure of the app is great! The one area of improvement that I would recommend is speeding up the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Communication errors. This app helps to communicate information to a large mass of people.

When I Work review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Great scheduling app"

What do you like best?

The work schedule is always at my fingertips with this easy to use app. It's easy to put in and adjust work availability. I know there's a communication feature but the organization doesn't really use it- of like to see its capabilities and I'm curious if users will adopt it. It could solve some communication issues if they do.

What do you dislike?

There's really nothing I dislike about the software itself. The swap feature

is nice, but there's no way you can be sure users will see a swap request, because notifications will depend on the users preferences. So it's a neat feature in theory, but it doesn't get much use in practice.

Scheduling.

When I Work review by Alber B.
Alber B.

"Swap and dropping shifts"

What do you like best?

How employees can comunicate and get their shifts covered. It is easy for employes to communicate about getting their shifts covered from the co-workers. Moreover, it’s easy to drop or swap part of the shifts and see who is available.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like how setting availability is confusing.

I am a supervisior. I create and edite shifts. I fix time sheets.

When I Work review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Kept me organized, easy to use!"

What do you like best?

Everything about this website was easy to learn and maneuver . Making schedules was always so quick due to the templates you can create.

What do you dislike?

Their was really nothing that i disliked about the site itself. Even the customer service was great and the tutorials from the staff were very informative.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend to other employers

Working in the events industry and working only office hours, this website helped keep me organized and I was able to track all of my staff's hours. The clock in and out process is very straight forwards, really no room for error for my staff. Just clock in and out with the security pin that I issued to each staff member.

When I Work review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"When I Work"

What do you like best?

It's nice to look at to keep track of your hours.

What do you dislike?

It's a little annoying to keep track of in my field. We deal with a lot of time changes and so that can be a bit overwhelming with all the paperwork we have to keep track of to begin with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To keep an alarm or to keep track of when you clock in and out of work.

It's more of just keeping track of time and being held responsible for it.

When I Work review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"When I Work makes scheduling easy! "

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and can be accessed on android and iphone devices. The updates are instant. you can look at past schedules and reprint as necessary.

What do you dislike?

Wish you could allow employees to switch shifts without administrative clearance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free first and see if your like it before you buy it. It fits our small business needs!

It shortens scheduling time. Employees like having their schedule in there hands at all times. they can message inside the app and voice any conflicts that they see.

When I Work review by Maria H.
Maria H.

"Work scheduling made easy"

What do you like best?

Online convenience/ mobile app/ able to see past and current timesheets

What do you dislike?

Difficult to set availability / Change availability

Shift management is easier / adequate staffing is made easier

When I Work review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Love using with my student workers "

What do you like best?

So easy to use and easy for my staff to enter time off requests, drop shifts and swap shifts with other employees

What do you dislike?

I would I could set someones availability and block drop/ swap shifts when that person has met their max hours allowed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! It’s quite awesome!

Scheduling. I have college students as employees and this makes it so easy to schedule them.

When I Work review by Collin K.
Collin K.

"It is the best for when I work! "

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and efficient. I have never had a problem with it. Extremely easy and self-intuitive.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the format of the software requires a lot of clicking and not as automated as it could be.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will help you manage and communicate with employees much better.

It helps to solve communication errors.

"Easy and Functional"

What do you like best?

When I Work gives you access to all of your shifts as well as your coworkers' shifts.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any issues with the app so far.

It allows you to have that access to shifts and it's easy to use. Requesting time off and picking up shifts is made easy thanks to this app.

"Physical Therapy Office"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily switch shifts and see who's available.

What do you dislike?

I dislike waiting for the manager to approve and not knowing if I'm working or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you relay to your boss if he or she can approve or reject a shift change because the app itself does't tell you if someone else has been approved for the shift and you aren't picked. I love the ease of the availability option too- use that!

Solving the issues of asking my boss if I can switch shifts with another employee. Good for small businesses.

When I Work review by Kerri W.
Kerri W.

"Works well for small groups"

What do you like best?

So easy you access my schedule, work on the schedule and contact individuals or groups of employees

What do you dislike?

Too many notifications, the schedule gets sent to me shift my shift and every shift change is sent over multiple platforms

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, ready to add new users, scheduling is very simple

Scheduling, accountability and communication

When I Work review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Just started using... great so far"

What do you like best?

I like the imaging of the visual calender and the text alerts about upcoming shifts

What do you dislike?

I get emails about everything... I need to figure out how to turn them off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I haven't figured out how to get my schedule when off line... so I need to screen shot it if I'm not going to be connected to the internet.

Everyone can use it, and it is good as the app and as a website.

When I Work review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Easy to use scheduling software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use with great a mobile app for employees. Staff love the notifications.

What do you dislike?

A few additional calendar/schedule views would be beneficial.

Scheduling a call centre team can be difficult without the proper tools. When I Work helps to simplify the process and ensure that the team is notified of changes.

When I Work review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"What a Great way to schedule"

What do you like best?

When I Work is a great way for a workforce to manage itself. Once a schedule is set the employees can work out trades by themselves without any sort of management paperwork involved. As long as you trust your employees and set limits you don't have teo worry about a thing.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally the APP is a little glitchy and leads to issues. I general tell my employees to only use the website because of the unreliability of the app/ Also the send a lot of reminder emails, I have had employees complain about being bombarded with emails. I just tell them to set a filter, and to check as needed.

When I Work allows management to focus on other tasks while employees pretty much handle there own scheduling.

When I Work review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Pretty useful app"

What do you like best?

Clock in and out via phone instead of a computer. Also, the employee messaging to chat without having to exchange numbers.

What do you dislike?

App has some difficulty recognizing that employees are at the correct clock in location.

Employees are more accountable for time on time cards. Sending work schedules and notifications to the team is easy.

When I Work review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Pretty good. Some glitches "

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Good app for the most part

What do you dislike?

Cant see open shifts while you are working a scheduled shift. So when I’m working I can’t see if there are open shifts still left uncovered. If I am short staffed or not.

Keeps my schedule organized.

When I Work review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Very useful and Intuitive app, but no (free) phone support "

What do you like best?

Interface and features, multiple views of scheduling

What do you dislike?

No phone support even for paying customers. They have option to pay a consultant but it’s very expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Understand limitations of free plan vs paid plans. I quickly realized we needed the paid plan

Scheduling agents on a weekly basis

When I Work review by Miranda B.
Miranda B.

"I'm the Promotions Director for two radio stations"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using When I Work! When we have 4 or 5 events going on at the same time, it easily allows me to schedule without any issues!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, there's nothing I don't like about When I Work.

I like that my team gets notifications about their shifts. Less reminding them about it!

"Perfectly connected "

What do you like best?

All my scheduling needs are in one place

What do you dislike?

Forced to see things like “open shifts” when it doesn’t apply to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The app is incredibly helpful.

I am able to clock in and out myself when at a location, I czn request time off easily.

"Easy and Efficient "

What do you like best?

I like the fact that I can edit shifts for employees very quickly from my own home or phone.

What do you dislike?

The app/website have glitches sometimes especially when it comes to editing availability.

Adjusting timesheets has been much much easier.

When I Work review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Hospital Scheduling Done Easy"

What do you like best?

I like how my whole team can communicate at the click of a button, be it on the computer or phone.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could separate the positions we have and print it out that way instead of by name.

Communication, hands down.

When I Work review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Easy user interface"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, can message coworkers easily about trading shifts without having to bug management

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a “month view” on the calendar

Makes it super easy to figure out when my shifts are and if people need a shift covered.

When I Work review by Barbara N.
Barbara N.

"Efficient time tracker"

What do you like best?

It was user friendly and easy for me to see when I worked my next shift weeks in advance.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app would sometimes have glitches

Quick communication and not worrying about going in to work to see your schedule.

"When I work"

What do you like best?

I like that I know what job to go to the next day

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about the app.I love everything about it.

The benefits are that I can clock in at the job site and know what supplies I need.

When I Work review by User in Internet

"Schedule and Timetracking"

What do you like best?

I like that the app helps digitalize schedule and that it also has a time tracking feature.

What do you dislike?

I dislike some minor scheduling feature however the team is very responsive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Patience and flexibility. Also WIW is not HIPPA compliant.

Scheduling, team management, time tracking

"WhenIWork Review"

What do you like best?

I like pulling up the scheduler and seeing when all my staff is working

What do you dislike?

It's a multiple step process to add shifts for my team to pick up and can be a bit slow and tedious

It lets me look at my staff's schedule and hours

When I Work review by Bjorn L.
Bjorn L.

"Efficient saas scheduling app"

What do you like best?

Visual design is very nice and appealing. Easy to use the software

What do you dislike?

I assign each employee multiple shifts per day. It is tedious to have to assign them but it allows others to see a lunch brake easier. There should be a better way to show lunch breaks

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great product and well worth the price

I'm solving the problem of scheduling my employees' shifts daily and weekly. Also allows for time off requests and overtime tracking

When I Work review by User in Research
User in Research

"Easy and intuitive "

What do you like best?

The central placement of the next shift tile; the pop-up that requires shift acknowledgement; easy time-off-request system

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have a "not preferred" option in addition to the "preferred" and "unavailable."

It manages my shifts in a super easy format!

When I Work review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"A great platform to schedule employees"

What do you like best?

So easy to use and can be updated / changed everywhere. I also am very impressed at the check in features and how seamless they work.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to pay payroll, would like for it to be an easier platform.

Scheduling employees and checking in. The benefit of know when each employee checks in / out and getting notifications is very important for conducting business.

"When I work review "

What do you like best?

I like that it is so easy to see my shifts and to ask off!

What do you dislike?

The acknowledge all feature is a little tedious

It's solved confusing time off requests and makes it easy to access a schedule anytime

When I Work review by User

"User friendly and intuitive "

What do you like best?

It’s so easy to know my schedule and to pick up shifts

What do you dislike?

It’s easy to forget to clock in or out, could be location based for accuracy

Easy scheduling

When I Work review by Matt D.
Matt D.

"Powerful team scheduling"

What do you like best?

It makes scheduling easy. We're able to keep our teams working on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Working with teams on multiple different schedules can be difficult

We've been able to use When I Work to improve

When I Work review by User

"I just started using the app. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can see all the hours I work.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes messes up and closes out of the app.

I use it for scheduling my shifts.

When I Work review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Very easy to use!"

What do you like best?

It’s very user friendly! Super easy to use and help the employees clock in and out easily!

What do you dislike?

Nothing because it’s just easy to use. Nothing really needs to be changed in my opinion!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend when I work because it is super easy to use and great for keeping track of your employees hours!

Helps employees easily clock in and out!

User in Consumer Services

"Easy to Use, Lots of Features"

What do you like best?

I liked the ease of operation. It’s very user friendly and visually pleasing.

What do you dislike?

Only that I don’t feel like we took full advantage of all the application has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s absolutely best for people with jobs that involve a lot of on location/in the field work.

The location feature was a life saver when I needed to know where I was headed.

When I Work review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"When I work"

What do you like best?

You can message coworkers and see exactly when others shift are.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes slow and unresponsive. Need to fix that.

Easy communication

When I Work review by Jeanne A.
Jeanne A.

"Scheduling made easy!"

What do you like best?

being able to choose hours and send time off requests.

What do you dislike?

the concept of the product is a great idea but just never works. always freezes and shutsdown

Recommendations to others considering the product

not currently in the moment.

getting peoples hours

When I Work review by User in Restaurants
User in Restaurants

"It's a pretty good system easy to use free to employees."

What do you like best?

The fact that I can call meetings get requests in a good time manner not short.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I didn't dislike I think it was better then other hot scheduling aps. The no charge for the ap helps alot no excuses from staff to not get ap

Communication with my staff

"Easy formality "

What do you like best?

Love how it can sink to my iPhone calendar

What do you dislike?

The app itself sometimes can be difficult to maneuver

Employee scheduling

When I Work review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"When I work is very easy to use and my employees love it. "

What do you like best?

We like the ease of access: person and work email, phone, app, computer, etc. there's no excuse to miss your shift.

What do you dislike?

Some things are categorized and found in a not so intuitive place.

Saves time in creating the schedule.

When I Work review by User in Financial Services

"availability update"

What do you like best?

Able to turn on/off notifications for the most part

What do you dislike?

Availability update! They changed it and it's a little harder to customize my availability now because of the Update all option. In a way it's good also but maybe change the design and usability

Scheduling. Scheduling is great through whenIwork

When I Work review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"Great scheduling app, very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to duplicate shifts, color codeing, great visual layout, workforce chat and announcements

Awesome mobile experience

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, the experience is amazing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its an amazing program, definitely try it out!

Scheduling and communication, saving time scheduling, editing scheduling in real time, publishing shifts anytime

When I Work review by Administrator in Computer Software

"When I Work is Great"

What do you like best?

I really like the UI and the ability to add templates for my scheduling, notifications and the customer support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really comes to mind. I have a free account with them and have no complaints.

Weekly schedules for the support team

When I Work review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Fantastic product!"

What do you like best?

Easy scheduling for the workplace, and it’s easy to see who is working in the company.

What do you dislike?

How I have to specify where I am when clocking in - the GPS is not super accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Helpful and comprehensive.

Scheduling.

When I Work review by Administrator

"Efficient and customer friendly but it has glitches. "

What do you like best?

It is easy to schedule. Works well for a large group of people

What do you dislike?

It takes a long time to load and organize.

Mostly scheduling. It is easy to have all the information in one page

"So helpful"

What do you like best?

Email reminders are sent before your shifts.

What do you dislike?

Forces you to set availability when logging in.

Scheduling is easier and everyone can set it from their devices.

When I Work review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Very useful and cost effective solution to time and attendance tracking"

What do you like best?

I absolutely love the free usability of this product.

What do you dislike?

The lack of integrations with other existing services.

Employee time tracking, PTO, and Attendance tracking.

Learning about When I Work?

* We monitor all When I Work reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.