WhenToWork

WhenToWork is an online employee scheduling platform.

Work for WhenToWork?
Branch star rating histogram  2x

Learning about WhenToWork?

WhenToWork Reviews

Showing 28 WhenToWork reviews
WhenToWork review by <span>Athena B.</span>
Athena B.

W2W has been a lifesaver!

What do you like best?

To go from creating schedules by hand to having WhenToWork has been a dream come true. Not only is it easy to create the schedules, our employees can access it at any time. They can login from any desktop or smartphone and post shifts, trade shifts, and pick up unassigned shifts.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I truly dislike about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product! It is user friendly and efficient. You can create weekly schedules, save the template and post them for future weeks. This takes away from having to manually enter each day one at a time. You can also put in certification expiration dates. We use this feature so that we're reminded when someone's CPR is about to expire. It has everything you need!

The primary problem solved was the ability to schedule 100+ people, ensure that the facility has 24 hour coverage, and ensure that weekly maximum scheduled hours are missed.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WhenToWork
WhenToWork review by <span>Anish P.</span>
Anish P.

All-inclusive employee scheduling software

What do you like best?

The part that I like best about When2Work is its organization and ease of use. Shifts are easy to see and trade, and it makes shift-planning relatively simple.

What do you dislike?

The worst part of When2Work is its look. It feels old-fashioned, even though it has all the functions of a top-grade employee scheduling system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will fulfill all the requirements needed for employee scheduling, but it does not have things like direct export to Google Calendar, or any enhanced features of the sort yet. That being said, it is definitely worth it for its ease of use and functionality.

I would say that there is a lot less paper used with When2Work since no one has to print any schedules anymore. Additionally, it makes it easier for employees to schedule time-off or pickup more shifts, and it only takes the click of a button.

What Employee Scheduling solution do you use?

WhenToWork review by <span>LaToya B.</span>
LaToya B.

Over 200 Employees to Schedule - Breeze!

What do you like best?

The software is user friendly, has the capability of scheduling large and small numbers of employees, is accessible from your desktop, laptop, or cell phone, and allows shifts to be picked up and traded.

What do you dislike?

The only feature I would extend is being able to import schedule templates for more than one week at a time. We schedule for the whole semester, but can only do one week at a time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't be the price for the capability this software offers!

We solved using an Excel spreadsheet as a way of tracking who is working, the number of employees on each shift, and the the number of hours each employee works each week. Our employees cannot go over 8 hours in a day or 30 hours in a week.

WhenToWork review by <span>Rashmi P.</span>
Rashmi P.

Useful and straightforward

What do you like best?

It was easy to view shifts and get important work information quickly, as well as manage the trading of shifts. Overall, the software was simple and easy to understand, and the ability of our employer to put pertinent information on the landing page, such as what numbers to use depending on what one needed, were essential to the workplace functioning with many employees that were constantly in need of assistance from managers, administrators, or fellow employees.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the inefficiency of the messaging system, which did not always make it clear that there were messages in my inbox. In addition, the notification system was not very compatible with Android, meaning that any notifications I received had to be seen through email. This meant that in some cases, I felt texted would have served my purpose better than to use WhenToWork.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not rely on WhenToWork as the only messaging system between you and managers or coworkers. There should also be other routes of communication, and in larger workplaces, it is important that phone numbers be posted for some employees/managers.

Solving the difficulty of coordinating work and shift times with coworkers, especially in a workplace where most employees are part time and have student schedules that may change or flow throughout the week. It also solves the problem of a workplace with high turnover rates, where you are unlikely to know the majority of those who work there, much less have their numbers.

WhenToWork review by <span>Andy K.</span>
Andy K.

Killer Scheduling and Shift Management Software

What do you like best?

It's super easy to assign shifts, find out what shifts are missing, create schedules, etc. This is miles better than the current software we have to use. The use for the students was quite easy too. I didn't have to do much work on the back end of it after the schedule was completed.

What do you dislike?

Not really a whole lot. I wasn't aware if there was an app or not at the time of use. I don't know what else whentowork does besides scheduling. Make sure you delete people that are no longer working for you if you have lots of turnover like we did with students. I'm not sure how much but you're charged per user I believe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I never used anything but the scheduling software and shift management portions of whentowork but it was a killer product. We currently cannot use cloud based software (dropbox, etc.) at my workplace so whentowork is not allowed. It's much easier to use than our current one.

Scheduling many student worker shifts and managing an entire facility. We scheduled weight room attendants, instructors, intramural officials, lifeguards, our whole staff really.

WhenToWork review by <span>Al D.</span>
Al D.

solid software and flexibility in pricing

What do you like best?

I like how free of glitches the software has been, especially compared to other scheduling softwares I have used in the past. I also enjoyed the basic layout and model on the front end user side with powerful tools and reports available for the administrator. The best feature which other online scheduling softwares lack is the ability to look at history for specific shifts. So when you look at the history option it will tell you when the shift was created, to who it was assigned and who assigned it (based on who is logged in) and any information or movement done on that shift. When employees complained that said shift appeared out of no where or wasn't there originally, we could easily bring up the history of it and show them everything attributed to it. This helped created in creating a better and more improved sense of responsibility among employees.

What do you dislike?

the constant reloading of the webpage when making any changes. When doing big builds into the scheduling or adding new staff or permissions the amount time rescrolling to the appropriate spot causes a slow down in productivity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need basic, but comprehensive online scheduling options with a very reasonable price, this is where you should be headed.

We have scheduled for various areas under the same account without the front end user being bogged down by too much info by splitting the account to seperate groups/admins

Learning about WhenToWork?

* We monitor all WhenToWork reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.