WideAngle

WideAngle is software for your one on ones. They make sure they happen, are productive, and documented.

Work for WideAngle?

Learning about WideAngle?

WideAngle Reviews

Ask WideAngle a Question
Showing 46 WideAngle reviews
WideAngle review by <span>Elizabeth G.</span>
Elizabeth G.

"Made 1:1s easy for my team "

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Wide Angle might be the simplest feature. Having auto-reminders that the deadline to complete our brief was upcoming, or that the brief was overdue was super useful for me. The briefs themselves forced me to think about my top priorities for the week, and what I needed to communicate with my manager. Wide Angle does a good job of enforcing the 1:1 cadence and forming the habit of completing the briefs for each 1:1.

What do you dislike?

I used Wide Angle both as a manager and as an individual contributor. There wasn't necessarily anything that I disliked, per se, but because our team size was small, I never found the completion analytics very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have no system in place for 1:1s today, this is a great tool to help you establish a method and a cadence that works for you. The way in which you use WideAngle might change based on your team size, proximity to your reports, department/discipline, etc. You'll need to put some time and thought into the best configuration for you and your team, so be prepared up front you will likely need to find a groove that works for your org.

Accountability across the team. I work in a Customer Success org - we're always moving a million miles an hour. Wide Angle made it very easy to go back and make sure that whatever you promised on Monday was fulfilled by Friday. And if not, you have a space to communicate why the deliverable wasn't possible that week.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WideAngle
WideAngle review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

"Great Way to Automate and Track Accountability Up and Down Stream!"

What do you like best?

WideAngle holds managers and employees accountable. It is a great way to track action items and dialogue up and down stream and allows both parties a historical view of previous one on ones.

The employee is open to putting pen to paper (figuratively) how they are doing and set the tone for weekly one on ones. Both parties can put in deliverables and check the status in real time of what deliverables are still outstanding and are accomplished

What do you dislike?

Not sure the cost of the solution, however, it might not be as valuable for a smaller team that doesn't have a hard time holding each other accountable and having specific time set aside for one on ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having trouble as a team with regular one on ones and accountability it is a great solution to help with those needs. Great way to track sales numbers across team members as well!

A great way to hold both managers and employees accountable for regular one on ones to provide a constant feedback loop. Leaves very little room for guessing on past performance and deliverables.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

WideAngle review by <span>Steve R.</span>
Steve R.

"WideAngle compensates for me not being the best manager"

What do you like best?

Even though I know the research behind what great management is, I frequently don't have the time (or greatest natural skill) to be a great manager. I tend to micromanage even though I try not to. I also can be perceived as being inaccessible. It's a frustration for me and my team. These are my personal shortcomings. Leadership in more natural for me. Management is not.

WideAngle helps me overcome my own personal shortcomings as a manager.

It holds everyone accountable, most importantly me. My SDRs and AEs love it. I learn things about what they are thinking/working on that I'd never know. They learn what's in my head that they don't know. WideAngle doesn't forget. People do.

Beyond that Jon and his team provide outstanding service.

I love, love, love, love this product.

What do you dislike?

I love all of it. Honestly there is nothing about it that I dob't love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this, invest a little bit of time to get it setup the right way for your needs, then it will give back to you for years.

-Not enough time for me and my direct reports to mind meld.

-Task clarity for my direct reports.

-Quantitative and qualitative measurement on one pane of glass.

WideAngle review by <span>Brian E.</span>
Brian E.

"Outstanding software & best in class customer support!"

What do you like best?

What I like best is the fact I am able to use such a powerful yet simple tool to help with coaching my sales team. This had made a positive impact on the success of the 1 on 1's I hold with my team on a weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have at this time is I send these out on a weekly basis and the rotational question can get repetitive and start to have less value as they show up. I need to spend the time to edit some of the preset questions and create my own.

WideAngle is helping me track and manage each of my 1 on 1's with my team but as well as myself. The one benefit for me right now is helping me review accounts with each rep that they have pending deals on.

WideAngle review by <span>Amanda A.</span>
Amanda A.

"Global Enablement for Inside Sales Team - <3's Wideangle"

What do you like best?

The team at WideAngle is second to none. The CEO in particular is friendly, approachable, and committed to making his product PERFECT for our sales team and it shows in every product update and conversation we have.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily things we dislike - but some ideas for the future: Would be great to auto populate calendars with the 1:1 agenda, get emailed a summary of the 1:1 after it happens with deliverables for both parties, get email reminders on those deliverables if they're not completed throughout the week, and to be able to set up different cadences for individuals on my team - as far as when they receive their briefs (Not all my 1:1s happen weekly or on the same day of the week).

The product itself helped our organization create intentionality, consistency, and accountability in our 1:1s in a scalable and manageable way. It's been particularly helpful in getting our first time managers up to speed on "how to best run 1:1s." We also love the mix of static and rotating questions to ensure fresh and dynamic 1:1s and that we're always keeping it "human."

WideAngle review by <span>Steven T.</span>
Steven T.

"WideAngle has helped me engage my team in a more streamlined, intentional and personalized manner. "

What do you like best?

WideAngle is fantastic solution to create laser-focused, high impact 1:1’s with your direct reports. Creating an environment where your team understands that their voices and opinions matter is critical for culture, synergy and company growth. One of the things that I like best about WideAngle is the two-way accountability and reporting that the 1:1’s spin-off. It’s important to coach but equally important to execute on the coaching. The deliverables feature keeps everyone on the same page. I analyze my reps metrics from the briefs and am able to correlate that to the questions I use each week.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the ability to customize certain questions specifically for each team member instead of using a batch of questions for the whole region. It’s not a huge deal but could be a nice roadmap feature. I do love the rotating questions feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WideAngle has a good crew that is willing to find out what's important to your company and your culture. From there they walk you through set up and it's pretty easy. I highly recommend giving their solution a try. It's been a wonderful experience for our team.

Operations & Culture:

When we started a business partnership with WideAngle we were already having 1:1’s but were documenting them manually as well as having our sales operations teams pull metrics from our CRM platform to provide to senior leaders. It wasn’t a good use of everyone’s time and talent. WideAngle helped us reduce workflow, streamlined our process and provided visibility at the proper levels. Beside improving the operations side of the house, I’ve found WideAngle to help break down barriers in a multi-generational, virtual workforce. Having dedicated and intentional time with your team and asking meaningful and consistent questions sparks a lot of healthy dialogue. When you are leading different generations (up and down) consistency is important. I always allow my team to set the agenda for the 1:1’s. It’s their time and they know it. The solution allows virtual employees to have a voice and feel closer to the action. Overall my team has expressed that they feel more engaged since we implemented WideAngle

WideAngle review by <span>Joseph T.</span>
Joseph T.

"Best tool I've used to date, to continuously help develop my reps on a daily basis "

What do you like best?

I like the candid conversations I'm able to have with my reps away from the monotonous 1:1's were we always look at numbers. That tangible deliverable's I'm able set up in Rivalry, detail my reps next steps to make sure what we are meeting or discussing is followed through with.

What do you dislike?

The only I would change, or feature I would add, would be the ability to pause briefs by individual reps. I generally have two buckets senior reps or rookie reps, where I can pause or change briefs accordingly. But often times I find that when a particular rep is going to away from office or some time or we need to move their brief I would prefer just to pause their brief appose to the entire rep bucket they fall in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

No brainer. The continuous development it brings to your team (during and after training) will have huge implementations on the success of your organization. Like most of us, especially Millennials, want to be well trained and continuously coached to better prepare them their careers ahead. This tool serves as the best compliment to any level representative.

The major benefits I've realized the solution is solving is allowing my reps a platform to share and come up with their own ideas that are documented and have a paper trail to assure next steps.

WideAngle review by <span>Jonathan A.</span>
Jonathan A.

"Rivalry Assistance"

What do you like best?

Rivalry has been tremendously helpful for myself and our department. It allows me to keep track of every 1 on 1 that I have so I never lose my notes, or topics that we discussed throughout an Inside Sales Reps tenure. There are two items that I like best about Rivalry:

1. The comment feature on each question. It allows me to quickly and conveniently keep notes on all topics that we discuss during the 1 on 1. It is easy for me to go back and remember exactly what we talked about and what led us to that conversation. This feature is incredibly helpful.

2. The question bank. The question bank gives me a lot of ideas of different topics to discuss during the 1 on 1, making sure that the 1 on 1’s change each session (bi-weekly) and we always have new things to talk about. There are staple questions that I will always use, however the additional questions from the bank allow each session to be unique.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would improve with Rivalry is the ability to send the Brief to individual reps, and not all of the reps at the time. I don't want to have to create a bunch of different groups, and thus create questions for each different grouping, so I put all of my reps into one title/grouping. The only way that you can send out a brief to a people in the group is if you do it all at once. I would prefer if I could send out briefs to each individual rep, and make a personal timeline for when they each have to turn their brief in, instead of it being all uniform.

This is a minor issue, as I have found some ways here and there around it.

The biggest problem Rivalry has solved is the ability to conveniently track 1 on 1's and the progress that reps are making. Too many times int he past would I take notes on 1 on 1's and track them in a word document without any uniformity. The questions I would ask in 1 on 1's would not be uniform between reps, and thus different reps were being coached on different things. Now this allows me to stay on top of things and not get side-tracked in 1 on 1's. At the same time, I'm able to go back and see everything that is been discussed in the past.

WideAngle review by <span>Ed J.</span>
Ed J.

"Great way to stay engaged with remote workers"

What do you like best?

Rotating question and answer format allows fresh periodic inquiries into the remote worker's state of mind so that during the one and ones you feel like you have a head start.

What do you dislike?

Needs more features related to ease of use and emails/sharing integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have remote workers and feel out of touch or are surprised often by how they feel about the company or their job, this is for you.

WIth workers in Brazil, Chicago, Pullman, etc, it was hard for them not to feel out of touch with a traveling boss. This weekly or bi-weekly check in ensures that the manager knows what is important to them.

WideAngle review by <span>Robert B.</span>
Robert B.

"Enhanced One on One's with my direct reports"

What do you like best?

There is an accountability to Rivalry that I, and my team, enjoys. They know what I want to know long in advance of their meetings, which has in turn made our weekly 1 on 1's significantly more productive. It used to be they would come in and I would start with "what do you have for me" - well, I still do that, just a couple of days in advance which allows us both to be more prepared. They have commented to me that they like the feature that shows when I have reviewed their "Brief". Let's them know that the work they put into preparing is getting noticed and that when they show up there will be a productive conversation

What do you dislike?

There really has not been anything I have found that would say I dislike about it. We are not on SFDC so some of the numbers you get from that tool are unavailable to us via the Rivalry tool. But that is an "us" problem and not a Rivalry problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Truly evaluate your current 1 on 1s and see if the model that Rivalry allows you to see a significant enhancement to those.

The biggest problem we are solving with this tool is some time management and communication management concerns. You can see others in what i say I like best about the tool. But here is a great example of how it is impacting us positively. A week ago I was out on PTO. Previous that would mean that no 1 on 1's happened and we would have lost that week of communication. Thanks to Rivalry my entire team had their briefs sent to them, they could complete them, and I could review when convenient. Some I did before I left for the week, and others when i got back but ALL got reviewed and the issues of last week were captured and discussed.

WideAngle review by <span>Dianne K.</span>
Dianne K.

"Can't imagine running a team 1:1 meetings without WideAngle!"

What do you like best?

The WideAngle briefing allows our team the ability to have not only an organized meeting but to start the conversation on the same page. The questions allow the team the opportunity to come to the table with well thought out topics to make the most efficient use of our 1:1 time.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the WideAngle team - what a great support team!!

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike anything but do wish I had the ability to send a briefing to an individual rep rather than to a group of reps. From time to time I have the need to ask questions that are specific to one person and having the ability to do so would be great!

Prior to using WideAngle we utilized a number of different documents to prepare and run 1:1 meetings. Having the briefing forms allows us to have all of our information in one place and notifications to get the forms completed. Better communication = happier teams. This is a great tool!

WideAngle review by <span>Lawrence G.</span>
Lawrence G.

"Enabling One on One Performance Improvement at Full Speed"

What do you like best?

My favorite attributes of the Rivalry product are speed, focus and consistency. Prior to Rivalry, I had to schedule, reschedule and attend 30 minute meetings with my sales lead every other week. There were many times where meetings were pushed and never rescheduled and the time involved with setting these up and attending them took at least an hour / week. Rivalry allows me to get the benefit of these one on one meetings on my time, without coordinating calendars. This factor alone saves me at least 3 hours a month. Because the interaction is happening on my time it is much easier for me to remove myself from the deal flow and focus on reviewing my performance and planning for the future. Being able to focus allows me to take better account of where I am and ask for the right assistance on where I need to go. Finally, one on one meetings before Rivalry were only consistent in the inconsistency. My sales leader would ask new questions, look at different metrics and change the goals. Rivalry required my sales leader to come up with consistent questions and metrics to which I can be held accountable. The consistency allows me to be more focused and invest more in my activities as I know what will be valued by my sales lead and the company.

What do you dislike?

I don't have many complaints about the product, but I am excited to see new developments. As my company gets more comfortable with data it tracks in SalesForce, Rivalry will become a more powerful tool for us to track pipeline and broker performance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a head of sales, that is currently managing face-to-face one-on-one's and/or simply monitoring performance based on metrics, then Rivalry will take you to the next level. Rivalry allows your sales leader to engage with the sales team with the speed and consistency of a software only monitoring product, but at the depth and performance enhancing result of a one-on-one meeting.

It is hard to estimate how many problems we are solving because there are so many each day. Prior to Rivalry, we had to wait until we had face to face meetings to discuss challenges and choke points in the Biz Dev pipeline. After those meetings, it was hard to follow up on issues raised or requests that had been made. Rivalry allows us to track challenges raised and see patterns from all the reports. This keeps the team accountable and even shows the priority of each challenge by showing how many people are facing the same issues. In a similar manner, we share market information and trends which increases each brokers market knowledge allowing us to perform better in pitches and calls. These insights are not ones that we can track in terms of tangible data, but Rivalry has dramatically improved our business unit beyond the old method of face to face meetings.

WideAngle review by <span>Nathan S.</span>
Nathan S.

"Rivalry is the best enabler and enforcer of regular, effective one-on-ones"

What do you like best?

The system helps keep me accountable for holding weekly one-on-ones with each of my employees, and gives me a structured format to follow (a BIG help early on). We are a metrics-focused sales organization, so one of my favorite side benefits is the metrics tracking and visualizations in Rivalry. All the data flows over from Salesforce every 15 minutes, and gives me a near-real time view on # calls, meetings set, opportunities created, etc., all displayed in pretty graphs with target lines. Plus, it's super easy to use and our sales reps love it!

What do you dislike?

The current mobile experience isn't great. Often times we do our one-on-ones outside, so I need to be able to pull up the brief on my iPhone. It works OK in landscape mode, but is certainly not optimized for mobile (yet!). I'd like to see more variety in the template questions, especially if we roll this out to non-sales employees in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're committed to improving business results and see one-on-ones as an important step to get there, I would HIGHLY recommend you get Rivalry.

Rivalry helps make sure we have regular and effective one-on-ones. The weekly briefs give me a chance to ask things of my employees to help bubble up information/problems/concerns, which gives our SDRs a chance to contribute to the organization's success in other more strategic ways. We also use the weekly briefs as a way to keep our core values top of mind. We have sees huge benefits from Rivalry, since true working relationships are built through regular, open communication fostered in our weekly one-on-ones.

WideAngle review by <span>Joe S.</span>
Joe S.

"Never miss a conversation"

What do you like best?

I love the consistency. Every Thursday morning my team receives an email to complete their brief. It gives them an opportunity to think strategically and reflect on their business. It provides clarity and focus during our one on ones.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike. The website site is easy to navigate.

Time management is always something we are trying to improve. Before the implementation of wideangle, I spent hours prepping for one on ones only to find that my preparation wasn't focused on the right areas of our business. This gives my team an opportunity to identify (on their own) what is important for us to discuss with the time we have together. It gets them to think like a business owner, it makes our time together powerful.

WideAngle review by <span>Shelly W.</span>
Shelly W.

"Great tool for increased productivity and friendly competition!"

What do you like best?

I like the visual representation of our KPIs, goals and standing on our team! For a competitive person (like most salespeople), it helps me stay motivated to outperform my teammates - and celebrate their victories in real-time. I like to win, so it's added motivation to make sure my name is at the top and I get that "gold medal" for the day/week/month/etc. The online briefs mean less physical paperwork for me to fill out and then keep up with. I like being able to pull a record of my previous briefs - it has really made our 1:1 meetings more efficient, especially since my manager can review them before we even meet.

What do you dislike?

When there is a tie, it kills me that we are ranked alphabetically. In the event of a tie, it should default to the person who has the highest metrics over all for the larger time period. I also wish that it updated slightly more quickly, but I guess every 5 minutes isn't too bad. Honestly, that's all I can say I'd like to change. Emilie (and the whole Rivalry team) has been extremely receptive to any suggestions we have. I

We are saving time pulling metrics, I'm easily able to see where I stand. It's much easier to celebrate wins and it also keeps everyone accountable since our standings are available for everyone to see. I feel that it has bonded us more as a team because of the increased transparency; we're now able to offer assistance if we see a teammate lagging behind or struggling to reach goal.

WideAngle review by <span>Christopher G.</span>
Christopher G.

"Pure, quality feedback documented in a pleasant fashion for later review."

What do you like best?

Website is intuitive.

Allows for easy flow between questions and ideas.

Large bank of thought-leading questions.

Tons of quality, helpful resources for managers.

Scheduling feature meshes well with other tech.

What do you dislike?

Hard to say. If pressed: as with any tool, it's only as good as those using it.

As a non-manager, I can say that I really appreciate the fact that I can speak my mind and take the time to think about my answers. However, this throws a wrench into the actual face to face time because I still want expand (this is my own personal issue, not something with the software itself). Perhaps a way to measure and schedule how much time each team member will need with the manager when they are completing their brief each week.

WideAngle review by <span>Nathan A.</span>
Nathan A.

"Amidst the Chaos"

What do you like best?

Allows us to stay on top of one-on-one training

What do you dislike?

I have nothing negative to say about the software.

With things busier than ever in the workplace, it has been good for Green Cloud Technologies to have a tool that keeps one-on-one training at top of mind. It's so easy to have one-on-ones take a back seat to daily work life. WideAngle has prevented that from happening to the benefit of my department.

WideAngle review by <span>Ben B.</span>
Ben B.

"A great tool for supercharging your 1:1s"

What do you like best?

WideAngle allows me to receive feedback on a regular cadence from the CRO at my company, This only takes a few minutes a week for each of us, but helps me identify what I need to work on and where I can improve quickly so that bad habits are eradicated. WideAngle has made me better at my job!

What do you dislike?

Nothing against WideAngle so much as written as opposed to verbal feedback in general - sometimes there are things that are better spoken - tone via text can be difficult to pick up on

System for increased communication between company leadership and boots on the ground - I get feedback now from all levels at my company

WideAngle review by <span>Dave H.</span>
Dave H.

"Great concept, tool and team"

What do you like best?

I firmly believe in coaching my employees, both informally on a day to day basis, but also formal, scheduled coaching sessions. The Rivalry application allows me to stay in touch with my remote employees with the weekly briefs, and also hold both of us accountable for discussing the really important things during our scheduled 1-on-1 meetings.

The Rivalry team is very responsive to questions, always willing to help, and has worked to incorporate some of our requests into the product as they continue to improve it.

What do you dislike?

Right now the metrics are only configurable by week instead of user selectable time periods, but that is something they are working to change in the short term.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the Rivalry team a chance, you won't regret it.

Reduce the number of ad-hoc e-mails and phone calls back and forth, key issues can be seen by both the sales rep and the manager in the weekly brief. I was also looking to bring some structure to the coaching process and a level of accountability for both sides. As a manager, I feel I have a much better feel for what the team is working on and struggling with. For the sales reps, they know they can formally ask for help on something and we will discuss it.

WideAngle review by <span>John W.</span>
John W.

"A uniquely useful application to remotely coach a large team"

What do you like best?

I like the metrics provided by Wide Angle through its integration with SalesForce. It allows me to monitor well activities and keep the team focused on a particular training/development issue.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that only ONE manager can have access to the team at any given time. Multiple managers or coaches should be able to work together to improve the team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may not be completely intuitive at the beginning but easy to learn.

This application keeps the team cohesive and focused on similar role and/functions. The teams informal communications tend to be about what was discussed with managers on WIDE ANGLE. This keeps all users focused on similar goals.

WideAngle review by <span>Palmer &quot;Whit&quot; F.</span>
Palmer "Whit" F.

"100% success rate with one on one's since implementing."

What do you like best?

The automation that encourages my reps to complete their briefs, on time, enables us to stay consistent and productive with our one on ones and has been the biggest internal impact on our business this year.

What do you dislike?

There are no particular issues or areas I would say I dislike. Very intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and look forward to new features being added. The design team at Rivalry seems to have focused on removing everything that isn't needed and focus on the core competencies for an effective one on one.

Inconsistency with one on ones leading to longer tail on development of sales reps and creating higher onboarding costs. We are 100% with completing one on ones and have found improved performance and accountability. Also, reduced stress on managers and their staff for tracking if briefs have been completed prior to scheduling meetings. We have also found meetings are more organized since content is centralized within the system.

WideAngle review by <span>Fraser C.</span>
Fraser C.

"Efficient tool for one on one prep, but is it really necessary?"

What do you like best?

Great way to schedule reminders for one on ones with a set of questions to structure the meeting around.

What do you dislike?

Seems like something that would be manually set up in calendar with a few different templates that you could use to offer different meeting structures.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider setting something similar up with current tools in order to save money. If you really need an external tool to perform these functions, wide angle offers a great experience with very easy to use software

Keeping one on ones on track when sales manager was poor at keeping on top of all of his employees.

WideAngle review by <span>Paul J. P.</span>
Paul J. P.

"Rivalry improves our sales process on the individual level and as an organization."

What do you like best?

I love how Rivalry allows us to keep track of the sales data and trends weekly, in addition to the individual (and team) coaching aspect, where we really take a granular look at our daily and weekly sales processes. With Rivalry, we're able to improve drastically each week on an individual level, but moreover, as an organization.

What do you dislike?

I can't pinpoint an area of Rivalry that I dislike. The interface, functionality and insights are clean, interactive and comprehensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

- this will help your team drastically; you'll see increased conversions, pinpoint problem areas quickly, and notice successful trends as a sales unit.

- have the reps collaborate closely with their Sales director for reporting specifics and to discuss variations in weekly brief questions

With Rivalry, we surface insights around our sales data (metrics/forecasts) along with feedback from our Rivalry briefs and reports - so we see noticeable increases in conversions, pinpoint problem areas quickly, showcase successful trends as a sales unit, and more. All of this makes our sales reps more educated, productive producers of revenue and creates a winning culture for our company.

WideAngle review by <span>Jordan R.</span>
Jordan R.

"1 on 1 management made easy"

What do you like best?

I'm a big fan of their latest feature set, deliverables. It allows a manager to hold reps accountable for follow up material post 1 on 1..

What do you dislike?

I think it could use a 1 on 1 "pad" that allows a manager to input feedback and manage the "in meeting" notes, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a way to better manage 1 on 1 s with your team, this tool is fantastic.

This tool is great at making sure the ball isn't dropped when working with reps. I have 11 direct reports, so I assign out tasks all the time to them to do.. But until I had this tool, it was hard for me to track to make sure they were following through on deliverables.. It works both ways too, so now I can hold myself accountable for each rep.

WideAngle review by <span>Craig H.</span>
Craig H.

"We use Rivalry as our sales accountability and improvement platform"

What do you like best?

We used to like the leaderboards the best, but now the coaching platform makes improving our teams performance much easier.

What do you dislike?

Would be cool to be able to customize the themes of the dashboards per rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the ROI of having better reps who are held to a higher standard of performance. It's a no-brainer when implemented properly.

Having all sales coaching and accountability efforts documented in one place. Rivalry does a good job of focusing our sales management efforts so we are able to improve as a team and produce more results as a sales organization.

Specifically, we are able to:

1. Put safeguards in place to ensure that the concepts we teach are standardized, understood, and repeatable.

2. Create a routine of discussing and following up on areas of improvement for individuals.

3. Simplify the process for holding people accountable for applying what they have learned.

WideAngle review by <span>Stephanie E.</span>
Stephanie E.

"Always be coaching"

What do you like best?

Proper sales coaching is a science that improves sales performance drastically over time. Rivalry's leader boards, daily email alerts and weekly briefs help promote engagement and individual goal attainment, along with continuous improvement on the sales team. No other productivity investment comes remotely close to coaching in increasing reps’ performance.

What do you dislike?

I would not say this is a dislike, but I have had requests to have the dashboards be customized or branded to reflect the daily leader. I have submitted my request to the Rivalry team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Promotion of accountability, friendly competition and increased success on a week by week basis.

WideAngle review by <span>JJ I.</span>
JJ I.

"Great Product for Sales Management/Coaching"

What do you like best?

The Customer Service level from all levels of the company is top class. It is simple and expeditious to get technical assistance, as well as news on new feature releases. The product itself makes it easier on me as a Sales leader to effectively monitor performance, attain active feedback from the team from their perspective, and identify coaching opportunities.

What do you dislike?

I have not had a poor experience with Rivalry in 14 months of working with the company.

We have been able to maintain the 1 on 1 coaching we were able to provide at a smaller level at scale as our team has grown from 7 reps to 19. It allows me to be able to quickly to identify issues within skill sets of the group, and enables them to have consistent feedback to our process and progress.

WideAngle review by <span>Chuck J.</span>
Chuck J.

"Repeatable process for 1 on 1's -- Coaching Gold. "

What do you like best?

Ease of use while using the briefs. Keeps my reps (and myself) organized and focused for our 1 on 1's.

What do you dislike?

Overall the interface is very user friendly-- could be a little cleaner on the right side when viewing the Key Metrics within a brief-- particularly around the comment and favorite icons. Definitely not a roadblock however.

Organization.

Repeatable process for 1 on 1's.

Allowing our reps to bring talk points / roadblocks to the table in a confidential and constructive way.

WideAngle review by <span>Jerrod B.</span>
Jerrod B.

"Efficiency + Efficacy = Rivalry "

What do you like best?

I find Rivalry to be incredibly easy to use. Within minutes I was fully implemented and boosting my effectiveness as a sales leader. For me Rivalry strikes the perfect balance of coaching platform and a simplified delivery of the analytics/metrics that move the needle.

What do you dislike?

Moving the cheese. As a young company who is constantly innovating, I sometimes find myself trying to keep up with the changes they're making. In reality, it's a pretty petty critique as the innovation is only making the service better.

Rivalry gives me back a day each week. The ease of accessing the right data for coaching not only saves me time, but keeps my one-on-one's more interesting/impactful for both parties. Now our meetings get right to the point and allow us to maximize our selling time.

WideAngle review by <span>Jimmy M.</span>
Jimmy M.

"Great tool for a growing team"

What do you like best?

We use both the leaderboards and briefs and like both parts. Great to gather feedback on a regular basis from a growing team and to keep tabs on how things are going as we run in multiple directions all the time. Jon and Emilie provide great service and are always there when we need them.

What do you dislike?

Most of it is there already or being planned for release. We have needed to allow access to other managers to see the same person's brief but that is on the way.

More consistency with one-on-ones and better visibility to a growing SDR team.

WideAngle review by <span>Garner L.</span>
Garner L.

"Great software!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to brief my sales manager on my priorities for the week and current aspects of the business that I'm struggling with the week before we meet. It helps him prepare for our meetings.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, really! It reminds me of the deadlines when they are due, or close to being due.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very useful!

Better communication between supervisors and employees. It's also easy to use because of the great interface that's pretty user friendly!

WideAngle review by <span>Chris F.</span>
Chris F.

"Clean, accurate, self-serve coaching/analytics platform with eye-grabber leaderboards."

What do you like best?

The Leaderboards are quick and easy to look at. When people walk into our office, they stop and ask what we're using after seeing our big screen TV.

What do you dislike?

Would like more filters on reports comparable to Salesforce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it while it's hot. There's an opportunity to bring transparency into your sales culture, with a young and nimble product. Also, why not join early to help shape the product.

Sales Coaching and a system to store all of that data. Easily defining my favorite metrics and seeing an updated dashboard anytime I'd like. No need for my personal Excel spreadsheet to determine pipeline rates/activities, etc!

WideAngle review by <span>Jae S.</span>
Jae S.

"Advantageous Leadership tool! "

What do you like best?

Succinct, yet Comprehensive resource for managing internal workflow communication. Our team was able to establish and build consistency around key deliverables, needs and follow-ups.

This consistency yielded cohesiveness and better collaboration among our team.

What do you dislike?

We didn't get a chance to roll this out on a larger scale and @ our time of use the Salesforce Integration was not active.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Limit your questions to the essentials.

Sales Management and Communication.

Able to devote more time to strategies and actions based on shared internal feedback vs devoting time to uncovering problems and issues.

WideAngle review by <span>Eric S.</span>
Eric S.

"Coaching to the Sales Process"

What do you like best?

Rivalry helped me identify the key metrics that drives our business. My CRM is big and cumbersome. Rivalry helps simplify the sales process and provide the coaching mechanisms to hold me and my team accountable.

What do you dislike?

I would like their analytics to pull data in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rivalry has helped us iron out the sales process and hold my teammates accountable for delivering results. The sales coaching element was much more valuable than I initially thought would be.

Streamlining the sales process. Holding my team accountable. Improving my people.

WideAngle review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Fantastic Product, Great Service"

What do you like best?

Rivalry is an amazing coaching tool that helps our sales team better manage, equip and strengthen their sales efforts.

Our managers are given clear, immediate insights into their team activities and goals. This helps them not only get a more holistic view of the business, but gain more understanding into how to equip and train their team.

Our sales reps love it because the accountability they have with their managers - but also for competitive edge. The leaderboard sparks excitement from the team as they can see their efforts be recognized in real-time for their friends and teammates to see.

It has and will continue to be a pivotal piece in our sales growth strategy.

What do you dislike?

So far nothing to report - as we use more we will update.

- Benefit of manager-rep accountability.

- Simple insight into goals and activities.

- Enables better coaching and mentoring within our team.

- Holds entire team to a higher standard.

We found the one-on-one aspect to be a massive benefit. Reps feel heard and managers have a better pulse on their business.

WideAngle review by <span>Nicholas B.</span>
Nicholas B.

"Out Hustle My Colleagues"

What do you like best?

I love being able to view the KPIs of the BDR team in real-time. It has helped me to dig deep on several occasions to put in a little bit more effort and beat my team mates on a weekly/quarterly basis.

What do you dislike?

I cannot think of a feature that would be classified as a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a disciplined team that is competitive and wants to view their KPIs in real-time Rivalry is a no brainer.

Catavolt enables employees to get access to data from their enterprise applications and multiple backend systems on their mobile devices enabling them to drive operational excellence and drive efficiency.

WideAngle review by <span>Kyle P.</span>
Kyle P.

"If you run a sales organization and care about your people, you have to use Rivalry."

What do you like best?

I love receiving my daily email with all the activities my sales organization has performed and achieved.

What do you dislike?

We have had a great experience using Rivalry and I am eager to see how they continue to further develop this effective sales coaching and motivation tool.

At SalesLoft, we have 70" TVs running the Rivalry leader boards which motivate our people to perform well. As the CEO, I receive a daily email with all the activities my sales organization has performed and achieved. Our head of sales, Anthony uses Rivalry regularly to foster a culture of coaching and improvement and the resulting performance is a substantial increase in revenue.

WideAngle review by <span>Kristopher S.</span>
Kristopher S.

"Sales Team Gamification, Performance Analytics, and Coaching all in one pretty package"

What do you like best?

Sales Team Analytics, Live Leaderboards, and salesforce integration that helps with easy reporting.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's a great tool. It forces one to ensure that their CRM info is relevant which is good but could be bad if your CRM is a mess and unused by sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In order for Rivalry to be effective it is imperative that your sales teams be actively leveraging a CRM that is relevant and customized to fit your sales process.

The live leaderboards increase competition amongst the sales teams while the analytics and coaching capabilities help our sales managers lead effectively.

WideAngle review by <span>Damian T.</span>
Damian T.

"Great System to Ensure Coaching Actually happens"

What do you like best?

The metrics & leaderboards are solid.

BUT the real value of this tool is the agenda for weekly/fortnightly one-on-ones.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found any real show-stoppers yet.

Ensure coaching happens.

WideAngle review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Great Product, Great Support"

What do you like best?

The WideAngle platform is a wonderful solution to help prepare for, conduct, and manage notes for the weekly 1 on 1's with my team. While it's an incredibly user-friendly platform, kudos to their support team who is extremely timely in their responses and always provide a great resource!

What do you dislike?

I have yet to find anything about the platform that I have not been pleased with!

Conducting effective and efficient 1 on 1's.

WideAngle review by <span>Aalok (Alex) S.</span>
Aalok (Alex) S.

"Love WideAngle!"

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface

Team building

Customizable questions

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. WideAngle has been great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be organized with your questions

Make sure everyone utilizes the program

Sales pipeline organization

Learning from my mistakes

Better communication with my manager

WideAngle review by <span>Pablo T.</span>
Pablo T.

"One of a kind"

What do you like best?

The support team is always on top of things. The software if fantastic. Highly recommended.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have the ability to modify the dashboards and the metrics being measured.

Opens up channels of communication with my team. I found out things that were never brought up in our face to face meetings.

WideAngle review by <span>Daniel C.</span>
Daniel C.

"I am a sales rep and I love Rivalry "

What do you like best?

I'm persistent. The briefs in Rivalry are amazing. It keeps the sales manager and me on the same page and always constantly improving.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Rivalry makes it really easy for me to communicate with my manager.

Before Rivalry, our 1 on 1's rarely happened. Now its documented and we have them and they are actually good. The biggest benefit is holding my manager accountable to making sure I hit my personal and professional goals.

WideAngle review by <span>Jacob M.</span>
Jacob M.

"Business Development"

What do you like best?

-Immediate sync from Salesforce to Rivalry

-Easy features, clean design

-Simple way of knowing exactly how you stack against team and a transparent look at your numbers

What do you dislike?

-Occasional issue with SFDC syncing.

-If there's a tie, winner goes in alphabetical order.

-tracking team metrics to know what works/doesn't work

-What weeks/months were most successful/when are we not producing

WideAngle review by <span>Bryan J.</span>
Bryan J.

"Rivalry has been a great asset to our company!"

What do you like best?

Being able to see the performance leaders on our team every week!

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I don't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I consider signing on board with Rivalry. They have an amazing team committed to quality and hard work!

I have made a point to ensure I continue to reload my pipeline due to others on my team having success doing so.

WideAngle review by Executive Sponsor in Insurance
Executive Sponsor in Insurance

"good tool for keeping 1:1's on the calendar and organized every week."

What do you like best?

the fact that it's web based and can be used and viewed from any device was very convenient.

What do you dislike?

my team complained that the prompts to complete their weekly briefs occurred too often.

Allowed follow up on a weekly basis and kept everyone organized.

Learning about WideAngle?

* We monitor all WideAngle reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.