WideAngle

WideAngle is software for your one on ones. They make sure they happen, are productive, and documented.

Work for WideAngle?

Showing 46 WideAngle reviews
WideAngle review by <span>Elizabeth G.</span>
Elizabeth G.

Made 1:1s easy for my team

What do you like best?

My favorite part about Wide Angle might be the simplest feature. Having auto-reminders that the deadline to complete our brief was upcoming, or that the brief was overdue was super useful for me. The briefs themselves forced me to think about my top priorities for the week, and what I needed to communicate with my manager. Wide Angle does a good job of enforcing the 1:1 cadence and forming the habit of completing the briefs for each 1:1.

What do you dislike?

I used Wide Angle both as a manager and as an individual contributor. There wasn't necessarily anything that I disliked, per se, but because our team size was small, I never found the completion analytics very useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have no system in place for 1:1s today, this is a great tool to help you establish a method and a cadence that works for you. The way in which you use WideAngle might change based on your team size, proximity to your reports, department/discipline, etc. You'll need to put some time and thought into the best configuration for you and your team, so be prepared up front you will likely need to find a groove that works for your org.

Accountability across the team. I work in a Customer Success org - we're always moving a million miles an hour. Wide Angle made it very easy to go back and make sure that whatever you promised on Monday was fulfilled by Friday. And if not, you have a space to communicate why the deliverable wasn't possible that week.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about WideAngle
WideAngle review by <span>John R.</span>
John R.

Great Way to Automate and Track Accountability Up and Down Stream!

What do you like best?

WideAngle holds managers and employees accountable. It is a great way to track action items and dialogue up and down stream and allows both parties a historical view of previous one on ones.

The employee is open to putting pen to paper (figuratively) how they are doing and set the tone for weekly one on ones. Both parties can put in deliverables and check the status in real time of what deliverables are still outstanding and are accomplished

What do you dislike?

Not sure the cost of the solution, however, it might not be as valuable for a smaller team that doesn't have a hard time holding each other accountable and having specific time set aside for one on ones.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are having trouble as a team with regular one on ones and accountability it is a great solution to help with those needs. Great way to track sales numbers across team members as well!

A great way to hold both managers and employees accountable for regular one on ones to provide a constant feedback loop. Leaves very little room for guessing on past performance and deliverables.

What Performance Management solution do you use?

WideAngle review by <span>Steve R.</span>
Steve R.

WideAngle compensates for me not being the best manager

What do you like best?

Even though I know the research behind what great management is, I frequently don't have the time (or greatest natural skill) to be a great manager. I tend to micromanage even though I try not to. I also can be perceived as being inaccessible. It's a frustration for me and my team. These are my personal shortcomings. Leadership in more natural for me. Management is not.

WideAngle helps me overcome my own personal shortcomings as a manager.

It holds everyone accountable, most importantly me. My SDRs and AEs love it. I learn things about what they are thinking/working on that I'd never know. They learn what's in my head that they don't know. WideAngle doesn't forget. People do.

Beyond that Jon and his team provide outstanding service.

I love, love, love, love this product.

What do you dislike?

I love all of it. Honestly there is nothing about it that I dob't love.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy this, invest a little bit of time to get it setup the right way for your needs, then it will give back to you for years.

-Not enough time for me and my direct reports to mind meld.

-Task clarity for my direct reports.

-Quantitative and qualitative measurement on one pane of glass.

WideAngle review by <span>Brian E.</span>
Brian E.

Outstanding software & best in class customer support!

What do you like best?

What I like best is the fact I am able to use such a powerful yet simple tool to help with coaching my sales team. This had made a positive impact on the success of the 1 on 1's I hold with my team on a weekly basis.

What do you dislike?

The only dislike I have at this time is I send these out on a weekly basis and the rotational question can get repetitive and start to have less value as they show up. I need to spend the time to edit some of the preset questions and create my own.

WideAngle is helping me track and manage each of my 1 on 1's with my team but as well as myself. The one benefit for me right now is helping me review accounts with each rep that they have pending deals on.

WideAngle review by <span>Amanda A.</span>
Amanda A.

Global Enablement for Inside Sales Team - <3's Wideangle

What do you like best?

The team at WideAngle is second to none. The CEO in particular is friendly, approachable, and committed to making his product PERFECT for our sales team and it shows in every product update and conversation we have.

What do you dislike?

Not necessarily things we dislike - but some ideas for the future: Would be great to auto populate calendars with the 1:1 agenda, get emailed a summary of the 1:1 after it happens with deliverables for both parties, get email reminders on those deliverables if they're not completed throughout the week, and to be able to set up different cadences for individuals on my team - as far as when they receive their briefs (Not all my 1:1s happen weekly or on the same day of the week).

The product itself helped our organization create intentionality, consistency, and accountability in our 1:1s in a scalable and manageable way. It's been particularly helpful in getting our first time managers up to speed on "how to best run 1:1s." We also love the mix of static and rotating questions to ensure fresh and dynamic 1:1s and that we're always keeping it "human."

WideAngle review by <span>Steven T.</span>
Steven T.

WideAngle has helped me engage my team in a more streamlined, intentional and personalized manner.

What do you like best?

WideAngle is fantastic solution to create laser-focused, high impact 1:1’s with your direct reports. Creating an environment where your team understands that their voices and opinions matter is critical for culture, synergy and company growth. One of the things that I like best about WideAngle is the two-way accountability and reporting that the 1:1’s spin-off. It’s important to coach but equally important to execute on the coaching. The deliverables feature keeps everyone on the same page. I analyze my reps metrics from the briefs and am able to correlate that to the questions I use each week.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the ability to customize certain questions specifically for each team member instead of using a batch of questions for the whole region. It’s not a huge deal but could be a nice roadmap feature. I do love the rotating questions feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

WideAngle has a good crew that is willing to find out what's important to your company and your culture. From there they walk you through set up and it's pretty easy. I highly recommend giving their solution a try. It's been a wonderful experience for our team.

Operations & Culture:

When we started a business partnership with WideAngle we were already having 1:1’s but were documenting them manually as well as having our sales operations teams pull metrics from our CRM platform to provide to senior leaders. It wasn’t a good use of everyone’s time and talent. WideAngle helped us reduce workflow, streamlined our process and provided visibility at the proper levels. Beside improving the operations side of the house, I’ve found WideAngle to help break down barriers in a multi-generational, virtual workforce. Having dedicated and intentional time with your team and asking meaningful and consistent questions sparks a lot of healthy dialogue. When you are leading different generations (up and down) consistency is important. I always allow my team to set the agenda for the 1:1’s. It’s their time and they know it. The solution allows virtual employees to have a voice and feel closer to the action. Overall my team has expressed that they feel more engaged since we implemented WideAngle

Learning about WideAngle?

* We monitor all WideAngle reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.