Widen Collective

Widen Collective

4.7

Drive content operations from an award-winning digital asset management and brand management platform.

Request your personalized demo of the Widen Collective® today!

Work for Widen Collective?

Learning about Widen?

Widen Collective Reviews

Ask Widen a Question
Showing 208 Widen reviews
Widen review by Paige K.
Paige K.

"Widen Review"

What do you like best?

Widen makes it very easy to upload multiple documents at once. It is easy to search and find your results, but sometimes can run a little slow, which could be a network error and not a program issue.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Widen can not pull the links from a zip file and create them as their own asset attached to projects. While it is easy to use, I am not sure it is the most efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widen is a easy to use digital asset management product, but I don't think it is the best.

Widen is used to store and manage all of our marketing collateral including zip files, creative cloud files, PDFs, source files, images, drawings, and product photography. It is a great place to store files, but not always great to work off of.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Widen Collective
Widen review by Brittany H.
Brittany H.

"Stellar product with a rock star Support Team!"

What do you like best?

Does Widen offer a thoroughly wonderful Digital Asset Management tool? Absolutely! But they also have the most A-MAZ-ING support and customer service I have ever experienced in my career. A+++++++

What do you dislike?

Widen offers everything anyone seeking Digital Asset Management could hope for. There is nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Customer Support Team! They are here to help with everything!

Roughly six months ago, I accepted my new role as the Widen Collective Manager at an highly acclaimed local university. Loving a good puzzle, three solid months were spent JUST analyzing the Collective in its state and learning as much as I could about Widen. I watched all of the Widen University Videos and leaned on the Chat Team to gain insight on how to best take control of our database, and what (if any) improvements needed to be made. The Support Team is SOOOO over the moon amazing, they made me feel like my questions and concerns were valid no matter how silly I felt.

After this investigative work, I flew to Widen HQ in Madison, Wisconsin to present/validate all of my findings, hypotheses, and ask suggestions for improvement with Lexy 1:1. WHAT A BLAST! We got down into the nitty gritty together, had hypnotizing cinnamon rolls and lattes (she had tea) together, and I learned SO much about how to give our DAM the attention it deserved.

Upon my return home (along with some fun Powerpoint presentations), I brought my team up to speed with with my findings and am thrilled to say that all of the suggestions (thanks to Lexy's mastery and wisdom!) have been approved; and we are smoooooooth sailing now! Yeah buddy!

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Widen review by Jennifer O.
Jennifer O.

"Asset Management"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and navigate. I like being able to customize my dashboard. The category feature is very helpful for breaking up types of content that you could find.The bread crumb feature is also very helpful. The design is very intuitive. The selection to download feature is my favorite because it is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. Sometimes it is a little slow to load, but we have a lot of files so it is expected. I appreciate the live chat but I wish there was an FAQ so that I would not have to go through and describe my issue to a third party.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone managing where items go or it could get confusing.

We store assets that we are refining or do not want loading into our content management system for the web. It is also used for cross functional teams to share files.

Widen review by Barbara M.
Barbara M.

"Widen Collective - A 5 Star Product with Amazing Service, Support, and People!"

What do you like best?

The Customer Service is amazing, they continue to provide full support even after the on-boarding process, and improvements are made to the system based on the customer’s feedback. Besides for Widen being accountable to our needs, the DAM interface is quick and easy to use, the reporting capabilities are robust, and the security allows a lot of flexibility.

What do you dislike?

What's there to dislike? I have never had a bad experience to report.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A DAM system is not an out of the box program that is easily installed. It takes a lot of time and effort to set up, but the results are well worth it.

We had duplicate files everywhere. Our employees were not aware of what assets were current or expired so image and logo requests were constantly directed to the Creative Department cutting into valuable time for designing.

By purchasing a Widen’s DAM system, we were able to centralize our assets, and provide users, controlled access to the most current files which, in turn, maximized productivity and efficiencies.

In addition – our global offices are now connected with the most up-to-date materials they need, in any time zone, which has improved the current process.

Widen review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Widen amplifies the effectiveness of Renaissance users to share our brand identity. "

What do you like best?

Branded collections and portals that are easily shareable and that integrate with SharePoint. I also like that chat is almost always available for trouble-shooting and that the Widen team always delivers an answer.

What do you dislike?

Adobe CC Connector is buggy and slow to respond. It caused us a little trouble when we upgraded our 2017 Adobe programs to 2018 but the Widen tech team eventually straightened us out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service and tech support are world-class and always give straight forward, honest answers that are easy to follow and understand.

A brand is the sum total of every experience a customer has with your company and its products and services. A brand is also the sum total of workplace experiences an employee has with your company. Widen is helping our employees and vendors gain access to Renaissance assets quickly and easily to share our vision of helping teachers teach better, students learn better, and school administrators lead better.

Widen review by Tommy U.
Tommy U.

"Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with."

What do you like best?

I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves.

On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool.

The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need.

In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Widen review by Richard C.
Richard C.

"Widen is a great company to deal with"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Widen is their customer service, they are very professional, knowledgable, responsive, and friendly. There are many ways to reach them for support, generally I will reach out initially using the web chat option, but if the issue or question is more complicated in nature I will speak with them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there is anything that I really dislike about Widen or the Media Collective DAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to manage and user friendly system you can't do much better than the Widen Media Collective. It's very flexible and the people working there are very friendly and helpful and they will work with you to get your problem fixed. The online support documentation is also great.

Initially we purchased the Widen Media Collective to make internal creative assets visible and usable throughout the whole company and it has succeeded in this role. Now we are gradually using it to host assets for forward facing websites. Upload profiles make uploading a breeze and once the assets have finished uploading I can easily and quickly generate a report on the assets, I then send the spreadsheet with embed links to whoever requested the upload.

Widen review by Tracey C.
Tracey C.

"DAM .... We LOVE Widen!"

What do you like best?

Everything about this product is easy! We initially chose the software after closely reviewing more than 7 different solutions. Widen accommodates all of our needs where others came up short. Ultimately the deciding point came down to the out-of-the-box video streaming feature, this is what makes Widen different.

The Widen team has the roll-out process down to a science. They worked with us to define a solid taxonomy which paved the way for an easy initial asset upload.

Training and the on-boarding process was seamless. The application is easy to use but, when in doubt, they have a fully loaded training library (Widen University) which has video tutorials and easy to find articles.

We are very pleased with Widen and would definitely choose it again!

What do you dislike?

Scratching my head trying to think of a dislike ...

We uncovered an area where enhancement could be possible and found out that they are already working on it and will soon be released. I really can't think of a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Widen. The support team has been SO helpful every step of the way and continue to quickly respond to our needs.

All of our assets were previously stored on a nicely organized shared drive. We needed a repository that had advanced filtering options so we could easily find the assets we were looking for.

We also have international employees that needed access and downloading assets over the network was painful. Sharing assets with customers and external vendors was also difficult.

Widen Collective has solved all of these issues. Our international employees LOVE the system. We never held any official training for them. They watched one of the "How to" videos Widen provides and they were immediately using the system. We now have a "one true source" for all of our assets. It isn't considered an approved asset, if it isn't in Widen.

Widen review by Gus R.
Gus R.

"We're keeping it"

What do you like best?

The Speed.

We've been using Widen for a few years now. Since the beginning we have added assets and users by at least 10 fold. The speed of browsing and downloading has not dropped at all, in fact it has probably increased with their new updates. Scrolling is snappy and the previews load extremely quick. Downloading assets at different sizes are quick. Although, I usually download the original hi-res files since I work with print media most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Reliability.

There was been a few times Widen has been down. It hasn't happened in a while, but when it did, it was down for a while. They seem to have solved the issues it was plagued with. I guess it's all part of depending on the cloud.

Support.

There's not an easy way for users to get support directly from Widen. It seems Widen shields their support so the first round of support is the Admin on location. Yet, there are times when that person is not in the office. It would be nice to have a chat feature to help users when the site is down to let them know and solve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widen is a great software solution. I see it as a blank slate. You can set it up so it's extremely efficient or convoluted. It all depends on tagging and metadata.

Storing Assets.

This has become our go-to Asset Manager. It's easy to upload and download images from Widen. We use it to keep all teams up-to-date with the latest images we get from photoshoots. We're able to expire older assets that don't follow our new brand guidelines so everyone across the company and our partners are using the most recent images.

Widen review by Administrator

"DAM administrator for all our in house agency needs"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the immediate response time from my Widen representative. Anytime I have a question or concern, I know it will get answered right away and I can proceed with my day knowing that it has been taken care of.

What do you dislike?

So far everything has been great! I did recommend having the collection the asset is in located on the quick view like it is when you click into the actual asset with all the information on it. I know it would be a help to me but I know there is probably a lot to do on the back end.

We are creating a one stop shop for all our assets to be housed. This creates a space that is well organized and easy for everyone using it to find what they need in a timely manner. I haven't had too many complaints or call outs so it seems to help operate or creative machine.

Widen review by Kelly O.
Kelly O.

"Widen Collective has delivered on all of my expectations for a Digital Asset Solution"

What do you like best?

The thing I like best about the Widen Collective is ease of the solution, making everyone who is exposed to it wanting to become a user as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

The thing I dislike most about the solution is that it is continuously changing and improving (this is a great thing) but me not having the time to stay on top of the latest and greatest features and not being able to train and implement the new features.

The problem we immediately solved was employees who needs access to digital assets, i.e. packaging images, layouts and elements, now have access to them without having to search or ask for them.

Widen review by Michele M.
Michele M.

"Great product. Great support."

What do you like best?

Widen is very user-friendly. It's easy to upload and organize assets and add relevant metadata. Employees unfamiliar with DAMs can access and filter through thousands of assets easily and are able to share assets with team members or people outside of the company. Attaching documents, like release forms, is a great benefit as well. I also like that Widen is regularly adding features and updates to keep the system relevant.

What do you dislike?

I'd like to see better asset tracking with regard to being able to see the history of everyone who has downloaded a particular asset.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In addition to a great product, Widen has a great support team. Initially, they made the entire process of setting up our DAM very simple and now, a few years later, their customer support team is always very helpful.

Before Widen, we had tens of thousands of assets on individual computers and on various servers throughout the company. We also lacked a process for keeping track of rights, release forms, expiration dates, etc.

Widen review by Sandra D.
Sandra D.

"Versatile product, easy to use, great support"

What do you like best?

Widen Collective is easy to use and easy for Admins to setup and make changes. So far we have only linked it to Box, and that works well. For the next phase we will be linking the tool to Salesforce.com and are confident this will be a great way to interact with the tools our sales org uses.

What do you dislike?

I feel the Insights could be a little more robust and versatile. The dislikes are more nit picky things and do not affect the overall daily use of the tool. I'd like to see more color coding options for the Asset Groups since it is a good visual indicator of which assets fall in to a specific grouping.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to work with a company that listens to it's users and is constantly implementing new ideas and expanding the capabilities of their product, then this is the right software for you. We were able to use this product out of the box without customization for our needs.

Securely sharing assets with internal and external users has been a great improvement from our previous tool. Permissions structure is also much easier and more versatile than what we have had in the past. We have just started playing with the Portals feature and it has been very well received, so we will probably do more with this feature in the near future.

Widen review by Jenny I.
Jenny I.

"Wild on Widen!"

What do you like best?

Widen is a wonderful DAM. If you are looking strictly for DAM features and functionality at a fair price that is easy to set-up and maintain, look no further. Widen is your solution. The Widen staff is wonderful, the documentation on their website is great and they listen and actually care about you as a client and as a user.

What do you dislike?

I wish it had a little more "website" functionality. Only your homepage has a few html areas for you to customize. I would love to be able to have more "home pages" for different asset groups.

Recently, they have introduced portals, this might help. I need to work more with this new feature to see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider what you need out of a DAM. If it's just DAM like features, (asset upload/downloads) Widen is great. If you need a website that is also a DAM, Widen isn't that.

Getting the right assets to the right people at the right time.

Seeing who downloads what and when. Insights has been a great tool.

Widen review by Jay W.
Jay W.

"Great product, excellent support and nice things coming."

What do you like best?

This is a DAM that fits our organization size very well. The tool is simple to use and is makes it easy for our teams to find the assets we create and purchase, The adoption rate and users enthusiasm levels have been very good. The permission levels and asset controls are comprehensive and flexible and allow us to have specific assets added, viewed and shared as we see fit for users at different levels The Widen Collective product has surpassed our expectations as a DAM.

What do you dislike?

The DAM functions are great and we like the ease of uploading and adding metadata to assets, but we'd like to see Widen expand the viewing and output options a bit further to help very casual users. like our field salespeople, find, present and share assets with others. Specifically, we hope they will add a folders and subfolders way of viewing assets. The new Widen Portals product is very good, but we just need this part of the product to have a bit more flexibility and deeper hierarchy (i.e. Collections in Collections).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very good DAM product. A strong staff that is focusing on DAM every day and they are always there to help with big and small questions. They are committed to keeping the product great and adding new features to stay current. They took the time to understand our needs and helped us with an effective and quick implementation. We've also found it to be a very cost effective solution for our needs.

We had assets being created for 11 different brands by teams all over the world without a good way to share things. We now have a well organized, searchable central repository of marketing assets that anyone in our organization can use to find materials they need quickly. We've saved our designers a lot of time, they no longer need to take the time to send off the many "one-off" requests for small assets or stop what they are doing to resize a logo or image. Our internal and external sales teams now use many more of the materials we've created and out designers have a great place to store their "final-final" artwork and images for the organization to use.

Widen review by David B.
David B.

"Great customer service, helps our company expedite processes across many media platforms"

What do you like best?

Widen Collective is the one-stop-shop for our media needs. Storage, distribution/sharing, usage reports, template building, workflows, and customer support service are my interactions with our DAM on a weekly basis and Widen handles it all professionally and timely.

What do you dislike?

I do feel like the design of the user interface could get a facelift, and the system trends toward the sluggish side when generating search results or scrolling through the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Test the system out, come to the Summit, talk to other customers, have Widen walk you through how your team could use the DAM to its fullest, assign an administrator to oversee assets while the creatives and users upload.

We are in 9 regions and Widen helps us share media quickly and singularly so multiple versions of one item aren't getting sent out into the void. We are also testing out Workflow, having discovered it during the 2016 Summit, and so far see huge benefits for our Sales Support department. Creating a single document for commenting and editing is genius and has potential to expedite their proposal making process.

Widen review by Perry B.
Perry B.

"Great Product, Great Support Team!"

What do you like best?

Our experience with Widen has been extremely positive. From exploring DAM options and looking at the feature set of the various platforms/vendors we were considering to integrating the product into our workflow, it has proven to be a great experience.

What do you dislike?

I have to say there is very little to dislike with Widen. The support team is top notch and will work to resolve any question we have or to incorporate a new feature set we are looking forward to. If anything might be a downside is I would like to see a way to limit search returns a bit more, but in all fairness, we haven't asked the support team about how that might be possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at the vendors that offer DAM solutions and then talk to their customers. You need to understand how they work in the DAM environment and what overlaps with your needs. Consider your current needs and your future needs. What company can meet both.

Archive solution for visual assets, integration into our CMS/multiple websites, management of a Media Room for integrated outreach to media, sharing portal for visual assets. We save a tremendous amount of time searching for assets for use in the multiple of marketing touchpoints our agency oversees, whether those are digital media, print, our own websites or out of home.

Widen review by Rob F.
Rob F.

"Finally! Exactly What We Were Looking For!"

What do you like best?

We've been on Widen for about two years so far and it has been great! Back before we were with Widen, we could make due with what we had...barely. Our team sat down with all the stake holders who would be using it on a regular basis and mapped out our needs, wants, etc., and then started doing some research. We went through three or four DAM system and had representatives from these companies explain what their systems could do, but they always seemed lacking, especially with the price tag they were quoting.

Some of them we did like, but there would have to be equipment that was brought in to hold the assets and such, which would be ok, but then we would have to maintain the equipment. And then if there is an equipment issue we would likely have to wait for a representative to come fix it and hope it works. Just too much hassle for something we basically wanted to put assets on and keep them there for distribution.

Then enter Widen. From the first demonstration of what their system can do, and the abilities we would have with setting permissions and distributing all the image, audio, and video assets, we were giving each other high-fives. Literally, we had the phone on mute and were high-fiving each other over and over again! The on-phone rep from Widen had no idea.

We LOVED that we could upload assets onto Widen's cloud and our trainers all over the world could easily search, preview, and download any files we allowed them to. And there is zero maintenance on our end, other than uploading the assets, setting permissions, and making sure the proper metadata is typed in. And any time we have had an issue, Widen has been great about making sure a representative is there to help walk us through it.

So, now we're into Widen about two years and I almost forget it's there sometimes. Whenever there was a video request, we had to manually get a video out to a trainer or someone, which takes time that we don't seem to have. Now, they can just log onto Widen, search for an asset, and download it.

Seriously, get a Widen representative on the phone see what they can do for you.

Update 2016/11/23 — still going strong on Widen. Love this service and how easy it is to upload, tag, and get things out to our trainer community. Just a few weeks ago I was contacted by someone on the other side of the country needing a different version of a video to show to clients. I uploaded it and messaged back to search Widen again for it in under 30 mins. A couple of months ago I was contacted by our marketing team who needed a video we had recorded to be sent to a contact of theirs, but we couldn't just upload it on youtube, because we didn't have any sort of rights for distributing it, and we needed the video to not be available until the end of time. So, I uploaded it, put on some specific permissions and set an end date for the video to expire in a month so I wouldn't have to remember to take it down. Worked like a charm.

The support team is super helpful when we've had issues and periodically reaches out with emails and such to see if we need anything. I think it's a good, solid service for the modern media mogul.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is it was a little pricey to start everything up, but once it's all going, honestly, you don't know what you ever did without them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The major selling points for us:

—no equipment to maintain

—web accessible anywhere in the world

—no extra money for version upgrades

—ability to preview videos, and it's a pretty good looking video preview

—ability to add permissions to each file

—ability to convert video file types on the fly

—super easy to search and find assets

We had trainers all over world who needed videos or images any time of day or night and would send in requests to the video team and it was really bogging us down. We were also having an issue with version control, and Widen has helped us curb A LOT of that. Now, when we get a video request we just refer them to Widen. It really has been nice for keeping our sanity.

Widen review by Lacey R.
Lacey R.

"Widen Media Collective is easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like that it's easy to organize assets and add specific details about those assets. I also think it's nice to be able to use filters while searching for assets. It's also great to be able to add your own categories and metadata types to truly customize the site to our company's unique needs.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing I dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try...especially if you feel like you're going to want the ability to customize the look, organization, access, etc., of your company's assets. As an admin, you're really able to control everything on the site, so it's very empowering. And if you come across something that you aren't able to do as an admin, you can live chat with someone at Widen and get an immediate, friendly response. I would highly recommend Widen's DAM site to anyone!

The DAM site allows our company to store our assets in one location without taking up useful storage space on our server and individual computers. The ability to send assets to our sales reps and retailers is extremely beneficial as well as the assets we are sending are usually too large to send via email. Recently, we've also been able to take advantage of the various user profiles and permission settings to be able to give more of our personnel and customers access to the DAM without allowing them to actually change the content. We also just integrated the DAM into our public website a few days ago which we're very excited to try out. It should really simplify and streamline our current process for uploading product images to our website.

Widen review by Courtney R.
Courtney R.

"Widen's Support Team and resources break the mold!"

What do you like best?

Whenever I talk about Widen, I always talk about the customer support team. Whenever I have a question or issue, my Customer Experience Manager is quick to respond and is always able to find an answer or offer a solution. I have yet to find this level of support for any other tool...and best of all, it's included in the subscription!

What do you dislike?

I wish that users could create and maintain their own Insights reports without changing/sharing them with all users who have Insights access.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any other software, it takes thought and time to set up your Widen Collective properly. Dedicate the resources to it though and you will see the benefits. Leverage the resources that Widen offers as well. They have endless support materials, training videos, a dedicated customer experience manager for every customer, webinars, workshops, a free yearly Summit and more. Definitely take advantage of all of them!

My company has an expansive global team and the opportunity to interact with and use assets before was very limited. While Widen has been in place since 2007, it has never been assigned a dedicated admin. I was brought on eight (8) months ago to restructure and clean up Widen for broader use and we are now one (1) month out from our official roll out and have just over 200 users. We've had amazing feedback from these existing users and have seen a 143% increase in logins and 35% increase in downloads from January 2016 to October 2016. We expect to see even greater growth and excitement about Widen when we fully launch in all regions in January!

Widen review by Jennifer N.
Jennifer N.

"Great Software with Responsive Customer Service"

What do you like best?

The product is easy to use, especially for the end user. It has an intuitive design, a great appearance, and allows us to organize our thousands of images easily. However, my favorite part about using the Widen collective is how friends and responsive the employees of Widen are. Anytime we've encountered issues or limitations, they have been very receptive in hearing what we had to say and have visibly taken steps to address some of the issues we have had. They also provide for plenty of opportunities to learn more about the software, as well as new features, frequently.

What do you dislike?

We have a large amount of images that we communicate to our customers. We do not want to allow our users to log in to our system due to the number of users that would create and the complex permissions we would have to administrate. We have ran into problems sending the images to outside users due to limits within the system. However, the company has started working on this issues and we are hoping in 2017 this will not be much of a problem any longer.

Our company needed a centralized place to store our assets to make them accessible to all of our employees, while also being able to sort them and add descriptions and metadata to ensure all images are used as intended. This system has allowed us to do this and was a huge step above the folder structure we were utilizing on a server previously.

Widen review by Debra B.
Debra B.

"Hot DAM, is this is a great solution!"

What do you like best?

I just finished my initial training of a phased-out roll out of our DAM and it ended with RAVE reviews for the Widen Media Collective. The interface is extremely user friendly and, with the coaching I received from my implementation specialist on metadata, the search results were impeccable, delivering speedy results for each of my early adopters.

Our DAM searches are fast and efficient!

Sharing single-source assets has been a big problem and, with our Widen DAM in place, that problem is solved. No more second guessing about current versions.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a way to "check out" and lock an asset for editing, then to check it back in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a user friendly system that is easy to set up, easy to maintain and easy for users to jump in with both feet and run with the system out of the gate, Widen is the solution for you. They offer stellar in-person implementation support and their on-line support library leaves no question unanswered for administrators and users alike. Moreover, their Webinars are compact and efficient and offer frequent opportunities for users to get updates, tips and tricks, and to see/hear what other customers are doing. On that note, the Widen support of customers sharing with each other is unmatched in my 20+ years as a software manager in Silicon Valley. I wish all of my vendors had this same "secret sauce."

We have had too many versions of documents floating around our company. Widen DAM is solving our need for one version of the truth. Widen is also reducing the turn around time for users to find assets (the RIGHT assets), instead of recreating them. DAM has allowed us to implement a governance process for creation, storage and administration of all of our professional development documents.

Widen review by Atiya L.
Atiya L.

"Our Digital Library Made It Easy"

What do you like best?

The interface allows for our employees to easily access hundreds of documents. Search feature, folders, metadata tags and more give our users the ability to find things faster than before.

What do you dislike?

The DL can be limited when you are trying to share the tool with other departments who needs may differ from your own. But with compromise, we've been able to make it work. Asset categories arealso hard to find and move around when you have a large amount of folders.

Prior to our Digital Library, we faced issues of accessibility and efficiency. Having over 200 people in our department all over the world made it harder for our marketing teams to disseminate information. Sometimes, within our own microteams - we didn't even know what was out there for use. The Digital Library solved this for us, our teams now know that if they are looking for something, visit the DL first.

Widen review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"From a design perspective"

What do you like best?

Since starting to use the workflow, the most useful tool is that every comment and action is archived for future reference. there is no "he said/she said", it is all collected in the document. Once we also have the option to collect data, that will also be a valuable tool for us to point out certain necks in the company.

What do you dislike?

A couple of drawbacks that I have encountered, especially being a pilot program is that the interface changes frequently making hard for our less "tech based" employees to function. Also, the changes that we deem valuable are slow to roll out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great program that will really document your process.

I think this will be a great system once it is fully actualized. It has certainly benefitted our department by keeping our jobs on schedule and organized.

Widen review by Lara B.
Lara B.

"Transformed our digital asset management system into a user-friendly and engaging tool"

What do you like best?

The Widen interface is very user friendly and intuitive. I was able to onboard our team with minimal hand holding. Since introducing the platform 6 months ago, our users have really owned their accounts. We use Widen for projects within our department and it has helped disseminate assets throughout our company and agencies. The metadata and category structure keeps everything organized and there is no confusion about where an asset belongs. The security and permissions on the back end make it really easy for myself and our other Global Admin to make sure people only see what they need to see.

What do you dislike?

No real complaints here about usability.

The biggest problem we solved is that now our entire marketing department has access to all approved assets: photography, videos and certain brand materials. Before, the only people who knew where photos were was the Communications Team. Our overall department is therefore better equipped to handle requests specific to their teams, instead of relying on myself or my boss for asset needs.

Before Widen we didn't have a central location for our finished video assets. Now we do and are able to share them better.

Through the metadata and permission structures there is no confusion about which asset belongs to which resort. We no longer are worried that the wrong photo will end up in the wrong place. Through simple hacks like displaying permissions right on the image preview, users know where assets are allowed to be used.

Widen review by Christopher F.
Christopher F.

"Amazing software, fantastic company"

What do you like best?

Digital asset management is important for us - we have thousands of images, documents, and files that see routine use, and prior to Widen and their implementation it was distributed in a shared folder structure - which is a nightmare.

Now we have organization and the empowerment of our sales team to retrieve stuff on their own, which frees up our time and makes us look fantastic to our team mates.

What do you dislike?

Would like to hear from our customer experience manager more often - but we are pretty good at using it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Out of all our vendors, Widen has been our #1 partner in terms of quality and value. We have a single vendor for color management, housing assets, and they are always introducing new technologies that expand our use with them. We couldn't imagine a work life without them at this point.

Organization of assets, housing assets, sharing & linking to external partners, printed literature usage

Widen review by Kelsey B.
Kelsey B.

"One Of The Best There Is! "

What do you like best?

The ability to create branded portals. Organizing assets in a unique and branded way that is easy to navigate is a huge advantage for our brand. Integrating portals to work as an external dashboard has been great for our brand.

What do you dislike?

Complications of uploading multiple images. It is difficult to use metadata because of the different product tagging values we have to maintain to ensure our metadata stays up to date.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really decide what you need the platform for and figure out exactly what features you can fully harness. Knowing your objectives before getting into the system allows the Widen team to provide recommendations and guidance into best practices of the platform.

We are serving the void that has been present in best servicing our national account partners with digital assets. Having the ability to create branded portals to share product imagery, digital assets and product launch packs has been instrumental in elevating our brand presence with our accounts.

Widen review by Jennifer R.
Jennifer R.

"Widen Collective Digital Asset Management Platform for Large Corporations"

What do you like best?

I really like that there is always something new that we can leverage to our benefit, and that we don't have to continually change platforms to keep pace with technology.

What do you dislike?

Digital Asset Management is a discipline that requires a full-time commitment in a large company like ours. I just wish I could be 100-percent dedicated to taking the Widen DAM tool to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give the DAM administrator time to do their job right.. don't assign Widen on top of so many additional marketing tasks that they can't take full advantage of this powerful tool. Also, don't overlook how the newer add-ons might benefit your company.. they are a bargain in the long run.

Trying to keep all of our marketing assets in one place so that everyone in our large organization can access, including our counterparts overseas. Also, by using the same share links to track total engagement scores, we are also able to report complete KPIs back to management.

Widen review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"We love our DAM!"

What do you like best?

It makes keeping track of all of our assets so simple. Much better than having them spread out in a shared file system.

Also, it gives us a method for distributing images, collateral, etc. to our team and controlling which assets are available. Once a campaign is over or a screenshot becomes outdated we can remove it from the site, rather than having people wonder whether an asset is current or not.

What do you dislike?

I do wish it was just a little easier to pull assets down without having to log in to the website. Like if it would sync certain files to my desktop, kind of like Dropbox or Box, or with a version control system like GitHub for example.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to clearly define standard metadata attributes to keep things organized. The quality of your metadata will make or break your implementation. Also, plan to review and audit your assets on a regular (every six months or so) basis, to make sure assets are getting uploaded correctly, remove duplicates, check metadata, etc.

We're solving the problem of not having one definitive location for our assets. We no longer have to check multiple places and email each other asking where things are.

We also make a lot of assets available in a self-serve way, which makes it so sales guys or developers don't have to contact marketing to get images, collateral, etc.

Widen review by Lee S.
Lee S.

"Substance and Quality"

What do you like best?

Widen's media collective offers thorough features without getting in the way of multiple styles of workflow. We've recently incorporated the collective as a training tool for those new to the subject of metadata and, to an additional extent, those new to the archival and retrieval of content in general. Widen's product allows for easy visual reference when discussing what actually goes in to the making of an image - no matter whether it's custom mapping or core EXIF data.

What do you dislike?

Rollout of new features may take longer than anticipated, yet it isn't really an issue as Widen continues to strive for better product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be ready to dive into a new method of supporting your organization's efforts. Have a strategy in mind concerning nomenclature and taxonomy to ease implementation.

Internal server bloat, file duplication, project and asset management clarity, a global approach to productivity.

Widen review by Administrator in Apparel & Fashion
Administrator in Apparel & Fashion

"Widen is an overall convenient site for the company to share all assets in & outside of our network"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and convenience...it truly makes my job so much better that I can control who see/downloads what and that our everyone who has a login can take care of themselves and their accounts directly.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have any complaints aside from how often I have to reset my password...I'm running out of ideas! :)

Instead of downloading everything from dropbox from different folders onto my computer and then uploading them into wetransfer or back into dropbox to create a link to send to someone...they either can grab whatever they need with their personal login or I can grab what they need and send them a link without skipping a beat. It makes my job so much easier and there are less interruptions so I can focus on more important parts of my position.

Widen review by Timothy G.
Timothy G.

"Quality product with an excellent staff and customer service."

What do you like best?

The platform is functional on many levels and user expertise. The customer service is top-notch, very responsive and ready to assist with any question or problem. One of the best perks of using this system is that I feel like I learn and grow the more I use it. It makes question or workflow and continually look for improvement within the system and within our organization.

What do you dislike?

Normally if I have any issues or feel the platform is missing something I bring it up to our customer service contact and they will come up with a solution or a workaround.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Plan your internal workflow, categorization, naming and metadata prior to migration.

The business problems that we've solved is allowing accessibility to countless digital assets to thousands of users world-wide. The simplification of transferring files and converting assets on the fly has saved our organization time.

Widen review by Administrator in Design
Administrator in Design

"Fairly Easy to use, could use some change"

What do you like best?

The best part is the way you can organize and categorize a lot of files into folders, collections, and by metadata. It makes it easy to search for items or narrow them down to a collection, so long as you have made the effort to organize files when they were uploaded.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the occasional bugs that confuse everyone at work. There are times where it'll show an error uploading a file, and later on, it has uploaded it anyway so now there's a duplicate, or sometimes it won't upload it at all, usually when you need it most. t also isn't the most browser-friendly software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Aside from a few missing features and bugs, it is a very useful software.

Wa are trying to organise all our companies assets and documents in a private location where you can share a particular item publically to host or embed it on a website, share to customers and partners etc, and when you upload a new version on widen, it automatically updates the file thats been shared everywhere.

Widen review by Michaela D.
Michaela D.

"Huge time saver"

What do you like best?

It is straight forward and easy to use. I am confident that anyone from my interns to senior staff can navigate the platform.

What do you dislike?

First off - this is an affordable option, but there are some features that I would love to have standard which are currently add-ons and that I don't have the budget for right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a look at the road map for this platform. There were a couple of functions that we wanted (nice-to-haves, not deal breakers) that Widen didn't have when we made the decision - the road map showed us that what we needed was in the pipeline for a fairly imminent release which really helped in our decision making .

Organizing, cataloging, and making digital assets searchable and shareable, which our organization has never been able to do before.

Widen review by Administrator

"I am a digital asset manager for my company, which uses Widen."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Widen is the fact that they are willing to learn about our processes and volunteered to adjust our DAM system to accommodate our user's workflow.

What do you dislike?

Implementation has taken longer than we would like. Connectors into other business platforms such as Salesforce, Sharepoint, CreativeCloud, etc come with additional annual charges.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widen is very open and accommodating. They seek feedback from their users and are actively developing several connectors and API's to help integrate their DAM solution into their clients' additional work platforms. This is one of the main reason's we chose them as our DAM provider.

We are using our DAM system to share our assets with our internal sales and engineering teams, some of whom, pass them along to external customers and business partners.

Widen review by Dana H.
Dana H.

"Digital asset management and content management for marketing and creative content."

What do you like best?

Widen Collective is a versatile solution that provides a flexible solution for asset management and content management. It's flexibility and ability to integrate with other business systems is key.

What do you dislike?

While integration is a key feature of the Collective solution, there seems to be a push to develop additional functionality around workflow, project management & proofing. My hope if that this doesn't detract from the focus on digital asset management and content management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have adequate governance / administrative resource allocated to the solution.

Collective provides a single repository for all marketing and creative content. We're able to easily create views into the assets to support a wide variety of user groups. We're also able to integrate the assets with a variety of critical business systems to serve up critical assets.

Widen review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Widen Collective"

What do you like best?

It's fast. Using AWS as the backbone, there's barely any lag in the system.With over ±120K in assets, getting everything organized took work, but it was well worth it. Searching is very powerful.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike. You must have a solid naming convention. I wish that we could change file names on upload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Speak to other people who are using it. I put out an email to people and I was surprised how many responded and were excited about the product.

We had a Sharepoint solution, that should tell you why. Nobody liked it. It was slow, unwieldy, and not friendly.

Widen review by Amanda S.
Amanda S.

"Everything I wanted in Digital Asset Management"

What do you like best?

Simple user interface, unlimited bandwidth, easy to understand billing

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of anything I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure your meta-data is cleaned up and in good shape if you are importing. That was the biggest headache for us coming from a system with two decades of archives with poor/useless metadata attached.

We needed a system to store large images and video which would allow us to share them across locations and with outside partners. Widen also allows us to host videos and stream directly from the collective which makes version control so much easier.

Widen review by Administrator

"Great product and service!"

What do you like best?

I researched, interviewed and experienced a demonstration of all top 10 DAM software companies on the market. Widen was the clear winner for our business. Their employees are so easy to work with as well. They've made the whole process enjoyable.

What do you dislike?

If it can be considered a bad thing--there are so many customization features, that it's sometimes hard to know where to go to find something. But they've made it really easy by creating their Widen University. It's packed full of useful information! I use it frequently.

Widen has completely changed the way we manage and share assets in our global company. We can now be certain that employees have the most up-to-date digital assets available. Widen has been a game-changer...to say the least.

Widen review by Nyomi D.
Nyomi D.

"highly recommend widen collective"

What do you like best?

it is very easy to use and the customer service is always very timely and helpful. a huge priority for our business in using an online database is that it is extremely secure. we have very confidential information we need to store and we feel completely comfortable using the widen collective.

What do you dislike?

they often have to take the site down temporarily to update the system. however, they do give you a timely warning so you can be sure to work around it. also they usually do it at night and not during business hours

as i mentioned before, we need to be sure everything we are storing on the database is secure. we are confident that our information is very secure on the collective and our talent trust it as well!

Widen review by Carolyn R.
Carolyn R.

"Widen experience"

What do you like best?

Extremely user-friendly, simple interface, clean and neat look, customizable, and very organized! The metadata checklist on the side is top-notch and makes searching a breeze!

What do you dislike?

The single sign-on feature needs some work, as our university needs this for our users, and it took a while to get to a point that users can figure out the correct thing to click on to use their SSO.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great and should meet all your needs, but research the single-sign on feature if you are a university and you need your users to log on with this.

Everything is super organized and easy to find with the metadata checklists on the side, and so our users can do everything themselves without our help!

Widen review by Administrator

"The Digital Asset Management tool you want"

What do you like best?

There are several things to like. The easy creation of portals to group assets for a product launch is a highlight. Honestly, there isn't another tool that exists that is as easy to use and is continually being improved.

What do you dislike?

Very little to dislike, I'm looking forward for them to make the project management functionality of the site more robust, but it's on the right track already

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can look at other options, but you really won't find a better one. Plus, go to the Widen Summit, it's a great and inspiring event to help you optimize your DAM.

This is how we send out assets to global marketing teams and dealers. It makes this potentially terrible process much easier.

Widen review by Administrator in Sporting Goods
Administrator in Sporting Goods

"Fantastic DAM system with powerful, accessible backend"

What do you like best?

Moving from a system that required intervention from professional services in order to make changes, Widen has been incredibly easy to setup for implementation and manage post-launch. The system is very flexible and can be setup as simply as an admin would like or can be leveraged to create powerful work streams for uploaders and general users.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we have not liked is that you cannot fully customize the system's dashboard. There are only a few areas that admins can customize (System Messages, for example). The rest of the dashboard, and UI in general, is hardcoded and cannot be changed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been incredibly impressed with this system. It was intuitive enough that we have rolled out a global release with migration from our former system without much involvement from Widen's implementation team (not because they weren't available but because we were able to manage without them). We have received considerable feedback and have literally had no negative feedback from our users.

Consolidating all global assets into one central repository, offer a global user base a streamlined user experience, ensure availability of strong and intuitive search tools, offering flexible asset browser options, ensuring support of SSO, support of customized XMP metadata/namespace, evolution of asset taxonomy.

Widen review by Administrator

"Great digital asset management system"

What do you like best?

Easy access to all our libraries, work, and assets. Easy distribution and sharing to the company.

What do you dislike?

It could use some integration with marketing automation systems out of the box instead of as an add-on.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want to use it for, and what systems you plan to use with it. Don't start with an API package until you know where you're going with the platform. I'd skip the Adobe Integration; it doesn't save as much time as I had hoped.

Nobody outside the design team knew what assets we had or how to view our past creative. It's saved a lot of time having to gather materials or provide assets to non-designer employees.

Widen review by Joshua M.
Joshua M.

"I always feel safe with Widen"

What do you like best?

Always feel safe. Uptime is great. Appreciate the staff. They are knowledgeable and kind. Like the ease of access to our large inventory.

What do you dislike?

Customizing can be complex. Been trying to solve an issue for a few years to help with "related assets", but it's seems to have been a back-burner issue. Would like to see that resolved/ integrated soon.

We can several levels of access. Allows for quick research.

Widen review by Tyler M.
Tyler M.

"A great service and professional staff!"

What do you like best?

I've always liked Widen's attention to detail and courtesy to their clients. The people at Widen are wonderful to work with. They are always very attentive to our needs and quick to answer questions when they come up. I haven't had many problems with the service, but when something has come up it has been solved quickly and smoothly. The system upgrades have made navigation and searching a lot easier. I love that they remind people to use better web browsers, as it helped me convince our IT department that we needed to get rid of Internet Explorer and make Chrome available for our staff. The keyword feature is extremely helpful when looking for a file. I've actually started to use some of Widen's sorting techniques to catalog my personal files at home.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints at this time. The issues I had in the past were all worked out with various upgrades to their systems. When I can't locate something or have difficulty it's usually caused by the way our staff has uploaded the file and Widen is not at fault.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used other digital asset management systems and Widen is always on top of new technologies and trends. Widen has influenced my personal file management as well.

We have a large database of images that we constantly need to get out to our sales force and customers. Using Widen has allowed us to control what photos are sent so they don't have to sort through all the pictures just to find one that they need. This saves time for everyone. I also like that you can set different rights levels for user accounts. We have some product pictures that we keep on hand, but don't make available to everyone because the product isn't actually available yet.

Widen review by Kevin P.
Kevin P.

"Widen Collective is the best DAM tool we have used."

What do you like best?

The user interface is so simply we can add new users quickly and easily and they can find assets with a minimal amount of training.

What do you dislike?

Some of the role permissions aren't explained ver well. There were a few settings we needed to have turned on in order for users to be able to use the system effectively.

Widen Collective allows us to deliver digital assets to our global operations simply and easily. Our previous systems made this task more difficult. Because Widen Collective is a hosted solution, there is no hardware for us to manage. Widen Collective integrates easily with our single sign on solution making management of users simple and easy.

"Great general DAM"

What do you like best?

Widen has a customizable interface, simple but robust search and filter functions, and customizable pages to allow you to share contact sheets with non-widen users like press contacts and off-site collaborators.

What do you dislike?

If you allow access to multiple users (which is part of the beauty of having a good DAM), you can end up with a lot of low-quality duplicates and single-use edited images. You have to do a lot of work setting up a system of checks and balances to prevent this. It would be great if Widen provided duplicate image finding out of the box. I'd also like to see color matching in the event I want to put together a curated image set based on color.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widen is a cost-effective solution for a high-volume DAM, and it will allow you to empower your internal partners to add to or pull from the database with a relatively intuitive interface.

I used Widen to maintain brand images, handle intake for all official photography from internal and external teams, archive print projects, and curate feature imagery for web and print.

Widen review by Administrator in Education Management
Administrator in Education Management

"Generally good, minor tweaks would be nice."

What do you like best?

The best part of widen I'd say is the spotlight search function. According to our insights they're very heavily used and making searches for our campus communicators quick and easy.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how typing errors aren't corrected for when using the search tool. What I mean by that is when type something close to what you're searching for, but misspell the word for example, you may end up with no results at all rather than results similar to what you search. Think of google, even if you type in your search incorrectly you get suggestions for what you may have been looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widen is very useful. Use the videos and tutorials for guidance and don't be afraid to use the chat function for support, they're always willing and excited to help.

We're providing a tool for campus communicators and designers to access our assets available to them, without having to make requests through the photographers. This frees up a lot of our photographers time and eliminates much of the confusion and redundancy.

Widen review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"I found my needle in the haystack."

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. From someone, not in the Library Sciences field, Widen makes Digital Asset Management an achievable solution. Their tutorials in Widen University, the Resource Library and the Support Team are fantastic.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven't found anything to dislike. Probably a cop out answer, but everytime I run into a roadblock there is someone from Widen or the Widen Community that probably has figured out a solution.

Organizing company assets and making them available to people across the country. Benefits have been what I have heard called "the one place of truth". Meaning, the most up to date assets always reside here in the collective. You can feel assured that you are not using an asset that is no longer correct, if you train everyone to look to the same place. Look to the Collective first for things, and free up some time for yourself.

Learn more about Widen Collective

Widen Collective Videos

Learning about Widen Collective?

* We monitor all Widen Collective reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Request your personalized demo of the Widen Collective® today!