Widen Collective

Widen Collective

Drive content operations from an award-winning digital asset management and brand management platform.

Work for Widen Collective?

Learning about Widen?

Widen Collective Reviews

Ask Widen a Question
Showing 202 Widen reviews
Widen review by <span>Brittany H.</span>
Brittany H.

Stellar product with a rock star Support Team!

What do you like best?

Does Widen offer a thoroughly wonderful Digital Asset Management tool? Absolutely! But they also have the most A-MAZ-ING support and customer service I have ever experienced in my career. A+++++++

What do you dislike?

Widen offers everything anyone seeking Digital Asset Management could hope for. There is nothing to dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Customer Support Team! They are here to help with everything!

Roughly six months ago, I accepted my new role as the Widen Collective Manager at an highly acclaimed local university. Loving a good puzzle, three solid months were spent JUST analyzing the Collective in its state and learning as much as I could about Widen. I watched all of the Widen University Videos and leaned on the Chat Team to gain insight on how to best take control of our database, and what (if any) improvements needed to be made. The Support Team is SOOOO over the moon amazing, they made me feel like my questions and concerns were valid no matter how silly I felt.

After this investigative work, I flew to Widen HQ in Madison, Wisconsin to present/validate all of my findings, hypotheses, and ask suggestions for improvement with Lexy 1:1. WHAT A BLAST! We got down into the nitty gritty together, had hypnotizing cinnamon rolls and lattes (she had tea) together, and I learned SO much about how to give our DAM the attention it deserved.

Upon my return home (along with some fun Powerpoint presentations), I brought my team up to speed with with my findings and am thrilled to say that all of the suggestions (thanks to Lexy's mastery and wisdom!) have been approved; and we are smoooooooth sailing now! Yeah buddy!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Widen Collective
Widen review by <span>Jennifer O.</span>
Jennifer O.

Asset Management

What do you like best?

It is easy to use and navigate. I like being able to customize my dashboard. The category feature is very helpful for breaking up types of content that you could find.The bread crumb feature is also very helpful. The design is very intuitive. The selection to download feature is my favorite because it is so easy to use.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike. Sometimes it is a little slow to load, but we have a lot of files so it is expected. I appreciate the live chat but I wish there was an FAQ so that I would not have to go through and describe my issue to a third party.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have someone managing where items go or it could get confusing.

We store assets that we are refining or do not want loading into our content management system for the web. It is also used for cross functional teams to share files.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Widen review by <span>Tommy U.</span>
Tommy U.

Widen Collective is the best Digital Asset Management system I have ever worked with.

What do you like best?

I've used quite a few DAM solutions in the past and Widen is by far the best one I have worked with. The thing that I like the best is the ability to manage the metadata just as easy as it is to manage the assets themselves.

On top of that, the ability to assign permissions to access and administer assets by role has proven to be very valuable. We have assets that are only applicable to certain customers, so I can easily manage that through the admin tool.

The time that we spent managing assets went from a full-time person's job before implementing Widen to only an hour or so a week once it is up and running.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I have an issue with is my inability to customize the home page. From what I can tell, you have to be pretty savvy at HTML to do it right. But, I can say that there are some basic things that you can customize that will make your page on brand by adding logos and customizing the colors of fonts, buttons, etc.

My team has to manage over 15 different categories of assets. Most of those categories are individual brands within our company. Some are segments of the brands. All of that to say that we have sliced up our asset offering in many ways to best serve our customers. By being able to segment those brands, we are able to get the right asset served up quickly in a variety of formats to fit most every need.

In addition to that, we can make it so only certain assets can be served to certain customers. All through the use of Widen's "role" and "asset group" functions. We have well over 1000 end-users that we can easily manage.

Widen review by <span>Richard C.</span>
Richard C.

Widen is a great company to deal with

What do you like best?

What I like best about Widen is their customer service, they are very professional, knowledgable, responsive, and friendly. There are many ways to reach them for support, generally I will reach out initially using the web chat option, but if the issue or question is more complicated in nature I will speak with them on the phone.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that there is anything that I really dislike about Widen or the Media Collective DAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want an easy to manage and user friendly system you can't do much better than the Widen Media Collective. It's very flexible and the people working there are very friendly and helpful and they will work with you to get your problem fixed. The online support documentation is also great.

Initially we purchased the Widen Media Collective to make internal creative assets visible and usable throughout the whole company and it has succeeded in this role. Now we are gradually using it to host assets for forward facing websites. Upload profiles make uploading a breeze and once the assets have finished uploading I can easily and quickly generate a report on the assets, I then send the spreadsheet with embed links to whoever requested the upload.

Widen review by <span>Tracey C.</span>
Tracey C.

DAM .... We LOVE Widen!

What do you like best?

Everything about this product is easy! We initially chose the software after closely reviewing more than 7 different solutions. Widen accommodates all of our needs where others came up short. Ultimately the deciding point came down to the out-of-the-box video streaming feature, this is what makes Widen different.

The Widen team has the roll-out process down to a science. They worked with us to define a solid taxonomy which paved the way for an easy initial asset upload.

Training and the on-boarding process was seamless. The application is easy to use but, when in doubt, they have a fully loaded training library (Widen University) which has video tutorials and easy to find articles.

We are very pleased with Widen and would definitely choose it again!

What do you dislike?

Scratching my head trying to think of a dislike ...

We uncovered an area where enhancement could be possible and found out that they are already working on it and will soon be released. I really can't think of a dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Widen. The support team has been SO helpful every step of the way and continue to quickly respond to our needs.

All of our assets were previously stored on a nicely organized shared drive. We needed a repository that had advanced filtering options so we could easily find the assets we were looking for.

We also have international employees that needed access and downloading assets over the network was painful. Sharing assets with customers and external vendors was also difficult.

Widen Collective has solved all of these issues. Our international employees LOVE the system. We never held any official training for them. They watched one of the "How to" videos Widen provides and they were immediately using the system. We now have a "one true source" for all of our assets. It isn't considered an approved asset, if it isn't in Widen.

Widen review by <span>Gus R.</span>
Gus R.

We're keeping it

What do you like best?

The Speed.

We've been using Widen for a few years now. Since the beginning we have added assets and users by at least 10 fold. The speed of browsing and downloading has not dropped at all, in fact it has probably increased with their new updates. Scrolling is snappy and the previews load extremely quick. Downloading assets at different sizes are quick. Although, I usually download the original hi-res files since I work with print media most of the time.

What do you dislike?

Reliability.

There was been a few times Widen has been down. It hasn't happened in a while, but when it did, it was down for a while. They seem to have solved the issues it was plagued with. I guess it's all part of depending on the cloud.

Support.

There's not an easy way for users to get support directly from Widen. It seems Widen shields their support so the first round of support is the Admin on location. Yet, there are times when that person is not in the office. It would be nice to have a chat feature to help users when the site is down to let them know and solve the issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Widen is a great software solution. I see it as a blank slate. You can set it up so it's extremely efficient or convoluted. It all depends on tagging and metadata.

Storing Assets.

This has become our go-to Asset Manager. It's easy to upload and download images from Widen. We use it to keep all teams up-to-date with the latest images we get from photoshoots. We're able to expire older assets that don't follow our new brand guidelines so everyone across the company and our partners are using the most recent images.

Learn more about Widen Collective

Widen Collective Videos

Learning about Widen Collective?

* We monitor all Widen Collective reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.