Wideo

3.4

Wideo is intuitive tool that allows people without previous knowledge or training to create quality online videos.

Work for Wideo?

Learning about Wideo?

Wideo Reviews

Ask Wideo a Question
Showing 10 Wideo reviews
Wideo review by Ira Y.
Ira Y.

"Nice Templates"

What do you like best?

Wideo is a great platform if you're want to create great looking animated videos at a cheap rate. there is a huge range of templates available for you to choose from according to your need. you can easily select the template you need based on categories such as marketing or presentation. the user interface is really nice and simple, the video editor; looks similar to power point presentation and a lot of tools are there to edit the video. another thing to mention is the pricing, the smallest package which lets you create small one minute videos cost around $20 a month which is really nice considering the price you have to pay some creator for animated videos. once you're done with editing, it's very easy to share the video to social platforms or download the video. there is also a free trial option too.

What do you dislike?

the whole editor works on flash so sometimes it made my browser crash and had a few problems with it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

well, there is a trial version available in case you want to try the software and I'm really satisfied with hem.

wideo is an online service which let you create great looking animated presentation videos without any coding or high-end animation software. the pricing is really nice and you have a lot of tools to create the animation. the interface is good and there is a build in help if you ran into some trouble.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Wideo
Wideo review by Ginny C.
Ginny C.

"Great tool to create professional looking animations"

What do you like best?

I am not an artist or animator, but I often need video animations as part of the video content I produce. Wideo has a lot of animated templates that I can use to make my videos more professional. And it's pretty easy to edit them with our company colors, logo, etc.

What do you dislike?

If you need to do any kind of editing to their templates, it's not very easy to build a whole video in Wideo - it doesn't stack the tracks of content like other video editors do, so it's hard to easily adjust timing. I'm also concerned that I've reached the limit of their library and I'll have to start reusing animations - I hope they start expanding their template library more.

I need to produce more and more marketing content in video format, and I don't have budget to hire an animator. Wideo allows me to create professional looking videos without the professional cost.

What Other Video solution do you use?

Wideo review by Administrator

"I needed to make videos to promote student applications and new software and Wideo had everything."

What do you like best?

I liked best the simplicity of the video editing. The templates were very helpful made the videos extremely professional. When I had no prior experience with creating full marketing videos, Wideo filled in the gaps for me. I also loved how the templates were exactly what I needed. The customer support team really helped me out when I had an issue which will keep me as a long-term customer

What do you dislike?

I did find it hard to adjust certain scenes that were custom built already but that was because I did not spend enough time figuring out the navigation tools. Other than that everything else was great and I had no complaints about this website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most out of the monthly subscription. You have several downloads to use so definitely make the most effective videos you can. And review your edits thoroughly before you download the final video.

I was solving promoting problems and lack of video editing software. I realized with Wideo I was able to cut these problems and go straight to the source.

Wideo review by Marcos G.
Marcos G.

"An easy and fun way to create amazing animated videos without much effort or time"

What do you like best?

We have to create a lot of content, and animated content is always better received. Wideo allows us to create modern and very dynamic videos thanks to the fact that they have a library with a great variety of elements and animations to choose from. From templates of places and situations, to be able to define the movements of each of the characters. It's great and relatively easy to use. Once you know the dynamics of work and where to find everything you can produce great videos quickly.

What do you dislike?

As a web app, you'll need to be connected in order to use it. Besides that, we would like them to update (and expand) their library, since many competitors do so regularly, theirs might become poor in comparison.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool to improve you animated videos and deliver incredible results faster. Get to know it well, explore its features and you'll see how easy it is. Try starting with a template and modify it by deleting stuff and replace it with other elements from the library.

We no longer have to invest lots of time creating animations from scratch in After Effects. Now we can speed up the process and deliver or videos faster!

Wideo review by hiren d.
hiren d.

"Easy to learn video editing tools & custom animation"

What do you like best?

Video analytics

Unlimited image and audio uploads, including a built-in Google Image Search

Awesome customer support

Interactive elements (clickable buttons & contact forms)

Wide selection of audio, stylish templates, fonts and objects

What do you dislike?

Limited audio editing tools

Is a web-app, so you need an Internet connection

Recommendations to others considering the product

no matter if you are a beginner or regular user, WIDEO is truly an software to give a try.appreciable!

i have used it for creating videos as well as animations,its clean interface and creative control and easy animations,ability to create own content and video hosting capability has helped me a lot

Wideo review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Terrible experience, all around. "

What do you like best?

The video software itself is okay. Everything is horrible. Terrible experience.

What do you dislike?

They don't tell you upfront that the CTA won't be functional across all channels. So you put in all this work and time and then you can't even use it across all the channels. Then uploading was a headache so I reached out to "customer service" where they told me it was my fault. My computer. Told me to try a million things (which I did try every last one) and none of them worked. And they basically said, I don't know what to tell you. Oh...and the emails I got started coming in Spanish, which I don't speak...and they wouldn't respond to me in English.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please, do not use this. I am not one to write nasty reviews but it is a HUGE waste of time, which is expensive in the agency world.

We needed Videos for social media

Wideo review by User in Higher Education

"Wideo video is simple and good-eo"

What do you like best?

Great looking templates that are easy to edit and manipulate. Create professional looking videos in minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes editing the template objects is a bit of a challenge. Only in that you have to unlock the objects or investigate how they were originally setup in order to manipulate them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Economic solution to creating engaging videos for digital deployment. Signup for the trial and make a video. This allows for best evaluation of the product. This is a good product for a novice to intermediate "producers". This solution will fall short of expectations if you are a professional videographer or commercial editor/producer. Great for social media professionals.

Instructional videos. Promotional videos for social media. We're just getting started but are seeing some traction.

Wideo review by Swapnil J.
Swapnil J.

"Amazing tool for creating animated explainer videos"

What do you like best?

I used wideo for making an explainer video for our startup. It is very easy to learn and start-with. Lot of objects, shapes, icons, templates are available for use which makes it even easier to build one. It takes very less time to build a basic animation video using this tool once you have the content and idea finalized.

What do you dislike?

There are few things that still need some polishing in the tool. Keyboard short-cuts are a must for a tool like this. For example being able to select multiple objects using CTRL+ Click, keyboard short-cuts for "Send to back", "Send backward", "Bring to front" and "Bring forward". Apart from that, there should be an option to set the values for key frames manually (used in animating objects) through a field as well. Sometimes trying to place the key frame at the precise location using mouse becomes very tough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely go for it if you want to create a simple smooth explainer video. Use their templates, icons, shapes and save yourself a lot of effort. At the same time, the resulting video will look nothing less than one made by a professional.

I used it for making an explainer video for my startup. A smooth explainer video that puts across a point properly definitely helps a startup.

Wideo review by Melissa A.
Melissa A.

"Not what it's cracked up to be."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. It's very easy to create animated videos.

What do you dislike?

The clickable buttons on the videos never worked. So, basically a lot of money for templates that don't work. I pre-paid fro a year, never used it, then it automatically renewed and they wont do refund my money if I cancel!

Recommendations to others considering the product

It would be nice to speak to a live person.

This made me look foolish, didn't solve any problems.

Wideo review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Good looking platform but falls short"

What do you like best?

The look and feel of the platform. It was easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Many features were very tedious and overly sensitive to use. I had to redo several animations because the saved files would not download directly to include the latest changes.

Creating videos and maximize SEO.

Learning about Wideo?

* We monitor all Wideo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.